New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Depression Thread

Dang. Well, I'm not really sure what advice I can give. If she has friends other than romantic partners whom you trust to look out for her, you might try talking to them; you might be able to work things out so that she gets some of the attention she wants without it necessarily being sexual in nature. See if that satisfies her, I guess. If not, then there may be deeper issues involved here.

Good luck.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

The antention has to be of a romantic nature with her for some reason. She is able to wrap people around her finger and she keeps sucking them back in. She has almost sucked me back in a couple of times, which is why i make sure never to be alone with her anymore.
    Spoiler
    Show

What type of Fae are you?
    Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon the Stupid Dungeon Master ! The elan-itor

Find your Celestial Choir

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Well, at her age, This old Fogey would agree that's a significant problem. The problem is, how to try and help tactfully? I assume you're against the idea of marching up to her parents with a full account of her activities, but really, if anyone is in a position to help, it should be them. If you've ever met them before (hopefully you have), then you might consider writing them a letter or an email, perhaps saying that you and her various friends are concerned about the life she's living, and that you think she needs some help.

Exactly how much you would say is something only you can decide, and I doubt anyone will be particularly happy you did so, at first. That's the question you have to decide; would interfering be the right thing to do?
    If the answer is yes, then I would recommend writing that letter, or talking to them.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

I doubt interfering would work, becuase then I would lose her trust. Which is something I need in order to help her. I think her parent already know somethings, because she has to leaver her bedromm door open now and every so often, her parents make her take a rbeak from a boy, so it's a step in the right direction. And her un romantically involved firends probally cant help and most have thier own problems. I think I can help her current boyfriend. He keeps getting hurt by her, and she keeps confusing him about love. I believe I can help him break away.
    Last edited by Druid_lord; 2007-05-29 at 11:42 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

What type of Fae are you?
    Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon the Stupid Dungeon Master ! The elan-itor

Find your Celestial Choir

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    Yeah, leaving the warm comfortable womb of univeristy life can be pretty scary. Depending on your major, it might seem easy or hard to find a job right off.
    But the thing is, you knew this was coming the first day you stepped into one of those classrooms. The purpose of attending college was to learn something you can apply 'out there,' am I right?
    You may not feel ready for the responsibilities, but you can take things slowly at first. If you can already manage your own finances, then you're a long step towards stable independence. Don't worry; as long as you don't get paralyzed by fear, I'm sure you'll do fine.
    As to school work; yeah, it happens. The real thing is to get set up some good study habits. If you have a friend so inclined, you can tuck yourselves away with all your books and things in the lub or in a fast food place and study there, where there's no free internet or free bed to distract you. Gotta concentrate! The last hundred feet of a race are no less important just because they're at the end!
    I'm still in high school right now. I'm afraid of moving out of the house to Toronto to attend college. As it stands right now, I can only afford living for about 3 weeks (even with the student loan, that's pretty much gone with all of my rented material for the course). I'm definitely not ready for the real world (or it's not ready for me... ).

As to sistery things, Unfortunately very few people can accept advice they don't want to hear when it comes to matters of the heart (and other vaguely-connected organs). It takes a lot of trust to do it, and she might not feel like she has that trust in you or your family. I can't really offer you advice on mending such a relationship, as your approach will depend on so many things, but...I would see if you can't mend a few bridges. She may be going through a tough time in her life, so make sure she knows that she can count on you to help, if she needs it.

Good luck.
    She's dug her own grave. Although this might sound a smidgen cruel, but I'm banking on that she won't make it past the first two months with the way that she's living right now. I believe that she doesn't understand the value of a dolar yet. She creates strife with any one just for the sake of being in a fight.

I really don't understand that girl.
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Druid Lord: God, the girl's what, thirteen? And she's already trying to get power over men via sex? People that age don't seem ready for relationships to me, or at least I never heard of one work out. That also is why I decided to not even care before both parties are at least fourteen. But then they still were childish and stupid and not ready for relationships, thus I waited on... I can't say much besides, tell her parents. Lose her or not, she sounds like a ***** and should be told to stop playing with people's feelings.

@B-Man: I understand exactly what you mean. It's like you know what you should do, but now that you used to it you don't want to anymore. You don't want to take responsibility but rather stay the child. But seeing how I'm still in highschool myself, I guess I can't give much of an advice here. Hah, you can't turn your brain off, just keep it on something else.

To the sistery thing, I wouldn't go into that whole "It's her own fault" thing. Of course it is if she screws up and doesn't know how to work with money, but that doesn't mean you can't try to help her. I simply know too many who break on a system based on money, some of them made a wrong decision when they were wrong and never got out of it again. Of course you don't understand her, but you don't have to understand a person to be there for the person. Simply being here to talk and not to discuss is enough.

As to myself, here's a text from last night. Great, isn't it. First I write it, can't do anything with it, and when it's done I feel like it is a stepchild I'd like to throw away and start to ridicule my own texts. Thus I'll stop to write now.

Seeing as how the forum’s down just when I want to write and I can’t sleep, again, I guess its best I do it like this and write it down now. I’ve taken a home exercises book in English from eighth grade. It was the first I found and yet it feels strange, seeing as how it is in the language I wanted to write. Coincidence or not, it feels like the world is a satire, and not the witty sarcastic kind, no, more of the biting dark kind that hurts you intentionally. But then again, it simply could be me, seeing as how I seem to like doing that. Not the physical, the mental kind of pain, mind you. I’m materialistic in my thought and yet I part my mind and my body. I know exactly well, hurting myself doesn’t do anything to me. So I rather go into hurting my psyche. How I do that? Simply by failing myself. I’ve run in so many walls that I got to like the feeling of it. I’m good at procrastinating, I always was, but I still did work if I wanted to. Now I simply don’t want to, or better, I rather don’t as it makes me feel better, easier, if I don’t and have something to feel bad about. To say it clear, my life is too easy. I don’t like that. Thus I create harder ways. I go through walls rather than through doors I see, because it feels better to run into a wall I decided to go through than do the logical thing, to know it was my way, even if it failed. I also do things I know better not to do simply because I like having the feeling I screwed up and it was my fault. To elaborate, here’s a story. I went to a discussion, an after school excursion, and walked there instead of taking the bus, which took me an hour. After some time my teacher told me my shoelace was open. I answered him “Well, it’s like that since half an hour. I figured, since I haven’t fallen yet, I will not now either. Should I, it’s my own fault.” I know the logic is flawed, I did then, but that doesn’t keep me from doing this instead of taking the better way. I rather did it, in hope to fall.

I know I’m either painfully aware, or painfully unaware of my situation. But either way, it’s painful. I do things to keep my mind off, but they don’t help, they don’t go to the root of my problems, which is a different one, they expand them. I don’t have such a thing as light-heartedness. It doesn’t matter what, I’ll always worry about it, and the worst, I like worrying. Oftentimes I dream of sitting in the sun, looking into the sky up to the clouds and do nothing, and every time the sky darkens when the clouds hide the sun. Now I’m not sure how much my dreams mean, but it feels like something to me. Everywhere I go, I take the same shadow, the same heavy heartedness with me. And I feel my happiness is only temporarily, lost the moment I become aware it will not last, oftentimes before I even can feel really happy, before it even happens. It’s like I look into a face and already see it dead. I try, but I can’t turn my mind off. It will return, sooner or later, but at least when I try to sleep. It feels like I hear a million screams of death every second, as if every breath I take burns into my heart. And I love it, for it feels to be the only feeling I truly know. [Color=White]God that sounded emo. Damn you English language, it would sound strange but not that bad in German. [/Color=White]

I also love to contradict myself. It’s like something inside me looks down on me and laughs. I’m like a fish on the ground, put there by a cruel human, who now points at me and laughs. When I look into the human’s face, it is mine. I often feel like I’m born into the wrong time, even the wrong species, but this is incorrect. I know perfectly well I’d react way the same in any time, anywhere. I feel like a wild animal, trapped inside a cage and yet unsure if it should flee or not. To elaborate a bit, I see everything but a stable loving relationship as shallow, and yet I don’t want one as I would lose my freedom. I don’t want kids, but I feel I have no other purpose than to produce them. I want to grow up and work for myself, but I hate the picture I paint, a life which I would hate. I sometimes feel like I can’t laugh at others’ pain, and thus I laugh at my own. So often I want my anger to be free, to simply destroy mindlessly, run amok with a gun or a sword and kill everything in my sight, and yet I don’t want to hurt anybody. I feel I have no right to. Thus I hurt myself, as it is the only person I hold the right to, the only right I possess.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by CSK View Post
    As to myself,.......Thus I hurt myself, as it is the only person I hold the right to, the only right I possess.
    Not exactly how I'd express it but WOW am I familiar with that one. And yes it sounds better in German (I once had a German GF translate part of my diary-it turned out much better that way)

One thing you may want to look at is if this "wanting to take the hard way" isn't just "terrified of failure" in a particularly subtle guise. Because if you take the hard way and fail you can always blame your more challenging choice...and then convince yourself you didn't REALLY fail...you just aimed too high.

As for help...not really sure...I really doubt the whole "turn off you brain" thing has ever worked for you but try meditation...Really it does work and can get you more complete awarness of your problem.Another idea is to have to do things well for someone outside yourself....when you are taking the easier route on another behalf it can put off that part of you that wants to take the hard way. As for the whole happiness thing I'd actually recomend that you start by looking for beauty in normal everyday life. Look around like you would walking into the second to last gallery at an art museum. An realize it's transience is part of its beauty. You may want to study some Japanesse haiku's too as they are really good for the grasping transient beauty theme-they even have a word for it-but I'll be damned if I know it.

And with the whole feeling like you are part of some other kind of being but not. I have zero clue how to help you on that one-I've just gotten to the point I take it as a given in my life and ask "Well I'm here, now what do I do?"
    As for the stable loving relationships-Just because something isn't gold doesn't mean it doesn't have value...and for the not wantting that realising you have lost control of your own emotions and someone else does is a terrifing part of being head over heals in love....But you know I still think it's worth it....more terrifing than skydiving but still worth it.

With the anger-try either taking it out with your paints (you may even like the results more) or perhaps martial arts....It is amazing how punching a red leather flap drains you aggression to the world. (Personally I blame neuropeptides)

To Conclude it can be a serious problem, what you are dealling with. I totally bombed my Uni applications years ago because of this. It can get messy. I doubt that anyone here recomending it would get you to see professional help because you realize you have a problem but don't really see youself as sick (Totally WAGing it here-but the story implys it). I might recomend travel and trying LOTS and LOTS of new things to see if you can find anything that grabs you hard enough that you want to make it work period...something where failure would not be acceptable no matter what. I won't say you'll ever find that but searching would be something I'd recomend-maybe in Uni.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Khantalas View Post
    *bunch of stuff*
    Hmm... no one? Anyone? Please?

9. - Top - End - #129

Wow, it's easy to get depressed when bored!

Anyway, I had a REALLY scary dream a couple of days ago. Scary enough to make me go crying to mummy at age 15..........

Parents can be a pain in the rear at times, but they can also be a huge comfort when you need them. Mummy helped me feel better about it.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy and "I love you mum!" inside when I think about this (it just got slightly lessened by mum mentioning homework as I was about to post this, but I still feel like that).

Anyway, it's a personal dream, so I'm not going to share it. But it made me decide that it would be a good idea to go on meds (remember my earlier post about the possibility of taking them?).

I just thought a thought just then. Why am I posting this if I don't feel comfortable talking about it or don't want too many comments on it? I hope I'm not turning into one of those people who try to hog attention all the time! But I don't want... Gah! Circle!

This is one of those times where I confuse myself a great deal and want to whack my head against something...
    Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 2007-05-31 at 08:21 AM.
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

10. - Top - End - #130

Gah, I need to unload.

Spoiler
    Show
    First off, about one of my freinds.

We met when we were kids in a daycamp. Years later, we ended up in the same high-school. We hung out, and eventualy, he asked me out. I told him kindly that I didn't want him to be my boyfreind, and he stopped bringing it up.

Untill the next year.

After that, he'd ask me that all the time, even though I made it clear to him and every ****ing one else in the school that I do NOT want a boyfreind! He kept following around, and eventualy, he told me he ***ing loved me! After he had the guts to say something that made me cry so hard, I had to go home from school! Who did he think he was, doing something like that?!

So I ignored him. I was good at it. He would try to get me to talk to him, but I never said a word. He kept following me around, trying to get me to talk to him, and not spending a ****ing second thinking about how much he'd hurt me. He just kept going "Oh, I'm sorry I got you banned," ((Around then, I was on a forum where I admited to being involved with something he did that was largely against the rules.)) "Oh, why won't you talk to me?" "Oh, I'm so lonely!" "Oh, I love you!" If he ****ing loved me, why didn't he actualy sit down and think about what he could have possibly ****ing told me that would make me get so ****ing pissed off? He serriously hurt me, and couldn't figure out how! He's supposed to be smart! If he'd asked any of our friends, they would have told him that they saw me sitting outside the lybrary, crying so ****ing hard that I couldn't stop!

But eventualy, I realized, I was hurting my self, by ignoring him. I wanted to tell him that I didn't want to be his freind, but I never figured out how.

Untill one day, when he bought me a rose. It hurt so much to look at it. I tracked him down, and delivered the news.

Then he went all emo. He stopped grooming himself, he stopped talking to me, he couldn't even look at me. If anything, I only felt worse. That's not ****ing fair! He really hurts me, and has no idea how, and then goes and makes me feel horrible!

Now it's being a few months. Eventualy, we became friends again. Sort of. I could hang out and laugh with him, as long as our freinds were there to, but it was never the same.

Now, I've realized what an ******* he is. I can't even get him to show me how to plug in a ****ing scanner, let alone talk to me with out acting like some Tech Crew DemiGod.

And he bounced back pretty quick, to. Just a few weeks later, it turns out he was dating one of my other close freinds. Oh, I'm still freinds with her, but I can't get over what a jerk he is.

... Now I can't remeber the other two things I was pissed off about. Oh well, it's good to get this off my chest.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

@Moon Called
    Sounds like you need to stay away from this boy, then. I agree that you probably should have made it clear you didn't want his company earlier, but from what you say, it sounds as if he's prone to dramatics anyways. I think I kinda understand where he's at, though; If he's of an age similar to your own, then it sounds like he's just now dealing with all kinds of new emotional stuff that he didn't have to worry about before, and he made the common mistake of taking the ardors of a first crush to be irresistable love, consequently sinking into self-pity when his hopes were let down. Sounds to me like he has a lot of maturing to do, and often that takes time.
    If you're certain within your own mind that you're being very mature about all of this (And you have to be very sure), then I think you might need to give him time to approach things the same way. See if he becomes agreeable later on, and if you can be friends.
    As a footnote, I don't think you should feel guilty about him at all; if you made it clear you weren't romantically interested from the beginning, then he's got only the rose-tinted glasses he wears to blame.

@DLD
    Yeah, deciding to take meds? It's a big step, and I'd believe it takes a dream of great potency to finally tip you across the line. I'm not professionally qualified to tell you about Meds one way or another, so I'll have to settle for wishing you luck. If you're looking for a good head-whacking surface, I recommend a mattress; it's solid enough so that you feel it, but soft enough so that you won't damage or bruise yourself
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-05-31 at 08:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

@DLD
    Yeah, deciding to take meds? It's a big step, and I'd believe it takes a dream of great potency to finally tip you across the line. I'm not professionally qualified to tell you about Meds one way or another, so I'll have to settle for wishing you luck. If you're looking for a good head-whacking surface, I recommend a mattress; it's solid enough so that you feel it, but soft enough so that you won't damage or bruise yourself
    Thanks for that, it made me feel better about my last post. I haven't actually decided for sure, but after a dream like the one I had (*twitch*) its seeming pretty likely. Of course, I'll be wanting to know the side effects and stuff like that first.
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Khantalas View Post
    Hmm... no one? Anyone? Please?
    Alright Khantalas. You put out quite a bit there, and please don't think that you were overlooked. You posted like 3rd on the list after the thread had just been recreated... and you know how people are about going back pages...

As for finding purpose and meaning in your life? That's a pretty difficult task for someone else to give you. You admitted that you were spoiled rotten, and have a long history of outstanding academic acheivements with little/no effort. Maybe the best thing is to realise that the pedestal people have put you on (whether you asked them to or not) is a little high. Sorry for the bump at the bottom, but with that harsh reality, you may find your motivation.

Nobody can give that to you. Despite that fact that it would be much easier if someone did.... you might find that it didn't suit you. It also sounds like you are well past the point of wanting to hear "suggestions that don't work", as it would just add to your feeling low. There must be some things that interest you... even if they seem to have no meaning.
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

can the world explode or something please?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Banned

Sorry, no world-explody yet, finishing Highschool is the best thing ever. Get a congrats from my family, have a few Jobs that I'd really like to work at contact me, or me contacting them, and for some reason, I feel extraordinary. In weird ways.

Trust me, all you troubled teens who hope high school should die, don't fret for it'll be over before you know it, and when it is, you can say "Screw you!" to all your classmates that you'll see again next year, at Community Collage.

Hate to actually be happy in the Depression thread, but as a previous poster here, I just wanted to say, "Things can get better."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

pfff, yeah they all say that.....................
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Banned

Yes, they do. Why, it may be because it's true. I know, why don't you graduate and tell me if you don't feel the Results.Have the courage to change things, be honest with what you want, and things can go far.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Halfling in the Playground

Khantalas, to echo Hippie, do the things you can the best that you can. I think there is, for most people, no single purpose in life. We fulfill many roles at once. Just keep doing the "next right thing" and more will be revealed. I still wonder if there's any great purpose for my own life and I'm nearing 40 years old. One thing I have learned in the past few years is to appreciate the life I do have. That is not to say to give up on any dreams you may have or have had, but instead try to be grateful for what you have accomplished and build upon them.

I think, as a society of consumers, especially here in the U.S., we have learned to expect instant gratification in all aspects of our lives, and when things don't happen fast enough, we get feelings of inadequacy, or emptiness. We live in such a fast paced world that sometimes we need to remember that what is worth having is worth waiting for and worth working hard for.

Beware the void. It can suck you in. In my case, I turned to drugs and alcohol to fill the void, which I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. I do recommend trying to fill the void with action of some kind: mow the lawn, read a book, take a bike ride, make a scrapbook, annoy your little sister, wash the dishes, go out in the back yard and start screaming (don't do this late at night unless you are prepared to deal with authorities, (don't ask)). Anyway, just do something; action fills the void no matter how mindless. And if you happen to accomplish something positive with the action, so much the better.

Can't help much with the study habits, as I never had any myself, but it sounds as if you've got a handle on that yourself. As for socialization, some, like myself, just prefer the company of themselves, and that's ok. Just keep yourself open for opportunities and they will present themselves.
    "All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players" - Rush, paraphrasing some old guy

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Idiotarum View Post
    Yes, they do. Why, it may be because it's true. I know, why don't you graduate and tell me if you don't feel the Results.Have the courage to change things, be honest with what you want, and things can go far.
    yeah thenks, please give me the ticket for flight 1336,graduating
    but first of all this isnt my last year at school
    second : it looks like maybe I have to go to another school becouse of my french and latin grades(its my first year and half way into it we switched theories)
    and third ......i´m just sad, so please leave with your happy optimistic vieuw of life , I mean this is the depression thread right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    second : it looks like maybe I have to go to another school becouse of my french and latin grades(its my first year and half way into it we switched theories)
    and third ......i´m just sad, so please leave with your happy optimistic vieuw of life , I mean this is the depression thread right?
    Why don't you tell us what the problem is, and then perhaps we can help? Unless I'm being very unobservant (in which case I apologise) you haven't, and that makes it hard to help you. I'm not sure you want help, but I know we (or I, at least) would like to try

If the problem is just high school, then my best advice is the same as Rex's, really. The best thing to do is to wait it out, and look to the future, when you're finally free

If it's something more specific, well, like I said...care to share?
    New Avatar by Dr. Bath. Many thanks

Spoiler
    Show

Ki-Glaivemaster by Quincunx

See the real Glaivemaster

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkin View Post
    Greek Gorgons certainly did not look like big metal cows.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Optimistic? Hm... I've been called Cynical, uncaring, Pessimistic, Jackass, and many things along that line, but never Optimistic.

School Switches are always hard, but if you look around, you'll find people of interest all around you. When I went into fifth grade, I went from being a Catholic School kid, one with classes so small, you were with the same exact kids every year, to Public school, which not only had multiple teachers and classes for a grade, but teams which you never meet either.

Well, you think a school switch would've effected me, but I don't know. Almost immediately, I met my current best friend and within a year, I have my entire group just chilling with me at lunch. Trust me, you may miss your friends, but your new ones will be fun to hang around as well.
    Last edited by Rex Idiotarum; 2007-06-02 at 07:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

yeah well, I havent told ya yet, so i´l explain :
    first off all , the way my grades are standing. I am not going to pas to next year. And school ends like end june,maybe begin july.
    And if I stay a grade there will be even more age diffrence(I am currently one of the oldest kids in class), and I am emotionally much more mature then some of my classmates already.
    and about transferring to another school rex : you are probably right I will make new friends and that stuff, but there is another problem,but that is to complicated to explain for me right now.

(and rex,I know you are crazy, but I am more crazy then you are, so now I get milk and cookies,yay)

and glaivemaster, I could only wish waiting would do the trick, but it wouldnt.

and I have more to say but my computer time is up(becouse I need to read a book for school, so maybe I can post more later)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

You need to study harder? What are you doing here? Leave, now. Study

Seriously, a couple of months of studying really hard to get your grades up sounds like a good plan, if you think you can do it. And I'm sure that you can

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Idiotarum View Post
    Sorry, no world-explody yet, finishing Highschool is the best thing ever. Get a congrats from my family, have a few Jobs that I'd really like to work at contact me, or me contacting them, and for some reason, I feel extraordinary. In weird ways.

Trust me, all you troubled teens who hope high school should die, don't fret for it'll be over before you know it, and when it is, you can say "Screw you!" to all your classmates that you'll see again next year, at Community Collage.

Hate to actually be happy in the Depression thread, but as a previous poster here, I just wanted to say, "Things can get better."
    Let me tell you all something that will depress the ever living crap out of you.

In five years, you will look back at high school and go 'man, those were the good old days.'

Unless you go to 'real' college, then maybe not. But it's pretty much downhill from there. Sorry.
    Being a jerk to people on the internet does not make you cool.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Firbolg in the Playground

Would it be off-topic to talk about anger in this thread?
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ocato: You make me feel so much better, really you do. If I can't wait to get out of school now and this is the 'good' bit... I don't even want to think about the future anymore. headpain.

*slaps*

C_S: Probably not. I see this as more of a general angst/negative feeling/depression thread than just a depression thread. Iunno though, not mine to say.

Dallas-Dakota: Me and you both, buddy. I can't really say a lot that Glaivemaster didn't say - just try and buckle down, revise, and work your ass off for a bit. Then you can have a break afterwards, and with any luck, it'll all turn out dandy.

Alternativly, I bet you £50 you pass and I don't.
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ocato View Post
    Let me tell you all something that will depress the ever living crap out of you.

In five years, you will look back at high school and go 'man, those were the good old days.'

Unless you go to 'real' college, then maybe not. But it's pretty much downhill from there. Sorry.
    In five years, if I say that, someone has to come by with a shotgun and take me out.

I doubt it, though.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

I suspect that my youngest brother is cutting himself on purpose I don't think it's accidental because it looks so much worse. I mean I've cut myself before but never on purpose and it's always healed properly. Also he doesn't generally do the washing up at all because we've got a dishwasher, he doesn't do any woodwork lessons, he does use paper (as pretty much everyone uses paper) but paper cuts don't look like that and he doesn't cook anything complicated enough to start chopping vegetables. He says he knows a cat with a bad temper but when we had a cat my scratches healed better.

But maybe it's because he doesn't use knives very often he more prone to accidents when he does come across them. Maybe his poor diet lets him down, healingwise, (he spends all his time at an internet cafe winning gaming tournaments and often comes home with prize money) and as such I don't think he eats properly. He's very popular there, I don't have that many friends, and on Monday I'm moving to Leeds and won't have any friends for a good couple of months again.

I don't understand how I can help him out. Something's not right.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

*gasp* You're moving to Leeds. That's almost near where I am...Well, near where I'm near. Near my brother at least

Anyway, as regards your younger brother, it might be best if you approach him about it, tell him you're worried, ask if there's anything you can do to help him. If you don't think you can approach him like this, or that he wouldn't open up to you, it might be better to share your concerns with your parents, and get them to talk to him about it. Simply talking about why he does it, and offering to help him, might be enough to make him stop, and I'm sure you're willing to help anyway

Of course, if he isn't actually harming himself, I'm sure he'll still appreciate the thought that you care

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post
    Ocato: You make me feel so much better, really you do. If I can't wait to get out of school now and this is the 'good' bit... I don't even want to think about the future anymore. headpain.

*slaps*

C_S: Probably not. I see this as more of a general angst/negative feeling/depression thread than just a depression thread. Iunno though, not mine to say.

Dallas-Dakota: Me and you both, buddy. I can't really say a lot that Glaivemaster didn't say - just try and buckle down, revise, and work your ass off for a bit. Then you can have a break afterwards, and with any luck, it'll all turn out dandy.

Alternativly, I bet you £50 you pass and I don't.
    yeah, I know, but its hard for me while trying/keeping a life ya know.
    and what are your grades then?
    becouse if it is : 10-10-10-10- I will gladly accept,when does your school term end, and will you/me pay over paypal?
    lol

ocato : in five years, if I pass each year, I will be in my last year doing relaxing allot, becouse the exams would be last week for the last years.......
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!