New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Marvel RPG Question

So a friend has a really cool and fairly old Marvel RPG that runs off of a deck of cards(not playing cards like Deliria but a specialized deck just for it). I am trying to find out what it is called. I would love to consider picking up a set myself if I can find out any details from it. (Specifically its name).
    Last edited by ZamielVanWeber; 2015-10-14 at 12:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Marvel RPG Question

It seems strange that your friend would have a copy of the game but couldn't find out the title of the game and tell you, however a simple Wikipedia search from the page of Marvel Comics showed me this game called Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game which apparently includes a deck of 96 cards specific to it, so it might be that one. It's from 1998, so "pretty old" isn't entirely unfitting, at least in terms of RPGs.
    Last edited by Partysan; 2015-10-15 at 06:04 PM.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

3. - Top - End - #3
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

It uses a variant on the SAGA system that powered Dragonlance, and actually inspired my ODE (in my sig).
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    It seems strange that your friend would have a copy of the game but couldn't find out the title of the game and tell you, however a simple Wikipedia search from the page of Marvel Comics showed me this game called Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game which apparently includes a deck of 96 cards specific to it, so it might be that one. It's from 1998, so "pretty old" isn't entirely unfitting, at least in terms of RPGs.
    I keep forgetting to ask. He has never shown us the rules (we honestly have never needed them) so I had nothing to remember. I find it funny that I tried for hours to find it and you find it quickly. Thanks by the way!
    Last edited by ZamielVanWeber; 2015-10-15 at 11:02 PM.