New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default He recovers and catches his foe off guard... (PEACH)

FEAT
    Backhand Slash
    Prerequisites: BAB +6
    Benefit: If you roll a naturaul 1 on your first attack, but would have hit if 1 wasn't an auto-miss, then your next attack either catches the enemy flat-footed, or gets a +5 to hit, at DM's discretion.

Main Question: Should this be a skill trick with slieght of hand prereqisite ranks?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: He recovers and catches his foe off guard... (PEACH)

I don't quite know how skill tricks work (not having Complete Scoundrel) so I couldn't say whether this should be a feat or trick.

However, if this was a feat I would definitley remove the "DM's discretion", and make it always one of the two options, and clarify the benefit description.

The feat seems okay in terms of balance, if a little on the weak side. By the time your attack bonuses are auto-hitting, the next attack probably has a fair chance of wiping out the enemy with or without the flat footedness. Personally I would change it to "if the first attack misses", with beefed up prerequisites, so:

Backhand Slash [General]
    Prerequisites: BAB +8, Dex 15
    Benefit: If the first attack of a full-attack action fails, the target of the first attack counts as flat footed for the second attack of the action.
    This feat may be taken as a fighter bonus feat.
    But that's just my two groats.