New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Zodi Plays: Super Mario Sunshine (Yo it's time for a hell vacation)

Hello and welcome! We're going to be starting Super Mario Sunshine today. One of the launch titles for the Gamecube, it's sort of the "black sheep" of Mario games, due to it's special mechanics. I think it holds up fairly well, and looks super cute. So lets get this show on the road. As with all my other threads I'm going to be keeping track of posts and stuff and the person who contributes the most gets a nifty reward blah blah you know the drill this is like the third thread I've done. Let's bask in the Sunshine!

Zodi Plays: Super Mario Sunshine [1] Delfino Island

Video Length: 24:04

Spoiler: Shines collected this video it's a spoiler yo~
    Show
    Shines: Air Strip 1, Bianco Hills 1 and 2.

Starting us off with this game we get an actually fairly lengthy cutscene that introduces us to full on voice acting in a Mario game (beyond Peach's letter at the start of Mario 64). It's...pretty mixed all around, but I think Peach's voice acting is good for her. Same with FLUDD, she just sounds super adorable to me. I'll touch more on other voices as we meet them.

After nearly getting involved in an international incident due to a plane crash, we find ourselves conscripted into cleaning up the Air Strip's big mess. This giant blobo thing is a Polluted Piranha, and even being a boss doesn't make it worth getting it's name bolded. The Polluted Piranha, and all of it's variations, are really really boring (but brief) "fights" and while this is really an early game problem ONLY, it is still a problem I feel. But whatever, after beating up a defenseless goop monster we get a Shine Sprite. If Power Stars are what power the Mushroom Kingdom, these sun shaped objects power the city state of Delfino Island.

After saving the day we're then...arrested by the Delfino Island police department. The DIPD. Hah...yeah about that international incident? They just arrested the national hero of one of the largest Kingdoms in the world. This is kiiind of ridiculous, especially considering the court proceedings are a total kangaroo court! On the plus side, we only have to clean the island which, lets be fair, Mario would of broken his vacation to do that himself. He's just that kind of guy. With that, we now have our goal. Clean the island, regain the Shine Sprites, and then have our vacation!

Starting us off in the Delfino Plaza proper we have another Polluted Piranha (this one capable of spawning little goop things called Swoopin' Stus), and after dealing with that...Shadow Mario appears! He kidnaps Peach and we have to chase him down! This is the part where I praise Sunshine probably overmuch by saying that this chase scene is actually really really good since it'll teach you stuff without you realizing it. As you spray Shadow Mario it'll cover the ground in front of you, and it's pretty obvious you'll probably press B to try and do the slide dash thing to try and keep up with him. Then you'll start sliding, and learn to do the water slide move. Very quickly through the race he does a wall jump to escape you, and that's your hint that you yourself can do wall jumps. It's all pretty cool and I like it a lot. After saving Peach (game over?) he heads into a portal on the Great Pianta statue. Guess we've gotta pursue, and enter our first level proper!

A brief explanation of how levels work. Each level has 8 episodes (so 8 shines), 2 Secret Shines, 1 "100 Coin" Shine, and 30 Blue Coins. My intent is to try and beat each level as 100% as I can before moving onto the next, so we'll be getting all the Episode shines, and then AFTER that getting all the Secret Shines, 100 Coin Shines, and the 30 Blue Coins. I'm doing this so it's easier for me to keep track of them because if I miss one blue coin out of the 30 in a stage it's gonna take foreeeever to track it and my god there are a lot of these Blue Coins. I'll elaborate more on the Secret Shines and Blue Coins later though, when they actually come up. For now, lets focus on Bianco Hills.

Bianco Hills, a small windmill village of Pianta's next to a cute river that leads through some plains. There's a big ole hill with a large windmill on top, and the hill itself is in a lake. There's trees and stuff, quite cute a landscape. But it's all covered in grimy goo. Our first mission is to return the hill to normal by defeating another Polluted Piranha. In our way is some Strollin' Stus, Pokey Sprouts, and the big ole Piranhabon that gets shot out of the goo pile. All in all, this isn't actually that difficult. Which is why I decide to...have a little fun with this Shine. Unlike Mario 64 where almost every Star is available in every level, this game is a lot more closed off on the amount of flailing around you can do with it's Shine collection order. But when I can, I will. Ignoring the Shine we get for completing Episode 1's task, lets skip ahead to episode 2. The obstacles are a little different if we were in Episode 2 proper, and actually a little easier to deal with if I recall. Getting to the top of the Windmill isn't that challenging, ignoring my rustiness at this game and the stickiness of walls.

At the top of the Windmill we have our first real boss...theoretically. Petey Piranha! This big ole plant baby's only attack is to spew out goo like vomit. If you touch the goo too long it hurts you, but considering your only way of attacking also prevents him from vomiting, he's PRETTY easy. Petey goes down, and then we get his Shine. Then we go back and get Episode 1's Shine since we cannot actually progress if we don't.

After a certain amount of shines have been obtained, plot events happen. Our first one is...another Polluted Piranha Plant has appeared. We're...gonna deal with that next time. Hope you guys all enjoyed the first episode of Super Mario Sunshine, I hope to see you guys here next time.

------

Don't tell anyone I didn't teach you nothing! There's a pretty big name theme going on in this game and I'mma explain it to you guys.

Delfino: This one is obvious. It's Dolphin in italian! Of course there's more: the Gamecube was codenamed "The Dolphin" so this is a double pun of sorts. Pretty cute!

Pianta: Pianta means plant in Italian, so these big ole bruisers with tree's in their heads are the plant people. Like I said, never trust a tree oni.

Bianco: Bianco is White in Italian. Given the white, almost marble like stone in this area, it makes a lot of sense to call it The White Hills. I also think it's a very calm, nice name for a starting area.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-10-26 at 11:06 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Super Mario Sunshine (Yo it's time for a hell vacation)

Ah, Petey. Of all the characters who might have become recurring, he was not one I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

You may not be the perpetrator they think you are, but you're still a criminal for spraying random citizens and jumping on them.

What the hell kind of justice system is that anyway? Inquisitorial, but run by the laziest investigators ever??
    This avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh, new thread. Hopefully I'll be able to keep better up with this one...

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I love how utterly bored Peach must be to go all fascinated as soon as a shine appears on the travel screen...

Blah, blah, stereotypical resort commercial, blah...

Hey, toad pilots, don't you think you are a little reckless flyers? You're coming in too fast!

And I mean, landing on a strip which has foreign shapes on it doesn't seem like the brightest idea ever...

That said, the Pianta don't deserve much credit either. Who thought it was a good idea to put the buildings at the end of the landing strip. What if you had to abort?

Big red paint volcano pit looks kinda menacing before you run accidently run into it...

Zodi, what is it with you and AI sidekicks who speak Statistical?

Wow, removing the paint causes some terrifying geological events...

Wow, that was a staged trial if I ever saw one. Even foreign royals get overruled for no particular reason. I think they're just too lazy to run around and do the cleaning themselves...

I like how you point out the wall jump hint and then proceed to not do a wall jump yourself...

Hmm, not particulary much to say about that level. Except possibly "poor windmill"...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Ah, Petey. Of all the characters who might have become recurring, he was not one I expected.
    Yup! For some reason or another, Petey shows up a lot in future Mario games.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Ahh, new thread. Hopefully I'll be able to keep better up with this one...

Hey, toad pilots, don't you think you are a little reckless flyers? You're coming in too fast!

And I mean, landing on a strip which has foreign shapes on it doesn't seem like the brightest idea ever...

Zodi, what is it with you and AI sidekicks who speak Statistical?

Wow, removing the paint causes some terrifying geological events...

I like how you point out the wall jump hint and then proceed to not do a wall jump yourself...

Hmm, not particulary much to say about that level. Except possibly "poor windmill"...
    Fingers crossed

I hope the Toad's have booster seats in the cockpit. They're a little short to be flying airplanes anyway.

I like robots!

Yeah, they don't really explain it but the goop covers up stuff so well that it squishes it down. You free it by washing it off. Pretty neat.

Hey I'm pretty sure I did a wall jump! Once or twice >_>

Yeah, the windmill gets a couple bits of abuse in this level.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Re: 1:52 - to be fair, if I discovered an island shaped that much like a dolphin, I think I'd have named it "Dolphin Island" too.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Come to think of it, that airstrip almost looks like something the Americans could have put together during the war. The Pianta are probably just one big cargo cult.

Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Hey there.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Hey there.
    ...right I forgot to tell you I was starting it early. Sorry! Don't worry, I don't want you to rush the thing I asked you for

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Having watched the first minute or so, I already found a response
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Spoiler: Having watched the first minute or so, I already found a response
    Show
    I'll keep that in mind, though I'll be honest I prefer the red outline with white font because that feels like it's kinda...my "thing" as it where?

But yeah that's a question, how readable are the subtitles and stuff? I'm still new at this >_>

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

What do you think of white text with a web-safe colo(u)r #600 outline?
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-10-27 at 12:06 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh, I remember that sequence break. Shame you have to fight the polluted piranha again afterwards, though.
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

I remember playing this game about a decade ago now. Personally, it was my least favorite of the 3D Mario platformers (i.e., I liked it less than SM64 and SM Galaxy 1 or 2). Partly I wasn't a fan of the level designs, and partly the water jet-based controls felt awkward to me.
    Looking back, maybe it does hold up better than some of its contemporary games.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I really think we now have a better idea as to why Peach keeps getting kidnapped....

Also, Mario has another major problem. Let's see... Third-Person action-adventure where he obtains a tool vital to progression almost right out of the box, an annoyingly pedantic 'companion' who explains the obvious and is annoying and/or obnoxious in their insistence on informing you of the game mechanics and when/where to use them... with a shadow version of himself as a boss.

If he picks up a green outfit with a floppy hat, I'mma gonna toss popcorn at the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    I really think we now have a better idea as to why Peach keeps getting kidnapped....

Also, Mario has another major problem. Let's see... Third-Person action-adventure where he obtains a tool vital to progression almost right out of the box, an annoyingly pedantic 'companion' who explains the obvious and is annoying and/or obnoxious in their insistence on informing you of the game mechanics and when/where to use them... with a shadow version of himself as a boss.

If he picks up a green outfit with a floppy hat, I'mma gonna toss popcorn at the screen.
    Fludd isn't that bad - keep in mind, this is pretty much the tutorial level. She doesn't bring things up very often past that, as far as I recall.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Fludd isn't that bad - keep in mind, this is pretty much the tutorial level. She doesn't bring things up very often past that, as far as I recall.
    That also reminds me... there's a HALO reference there. Which is particularly facepalm-worthy if you think about it too hard and long.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

That also reminds me... there's a HALO reference there. Which is particularly facepalm-worthy if you think about it too hard and long.
    Mario~. I've become one with the swaaaarm.

Cuth finished my Sunshine avatar you can see a picture of it here:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Zodi wouldn't let me put a mustache on.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Mario~. I've become one with the swaaaarm.

Cuth finished my Sunshine avatar you can see a picture of it here:
    Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Zodi wouldn't let me put a mustache on.
    I kinda want to see what that'd look like now.
    A few odds and ends.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Dude, that avatar is well done. Great work, Cuth!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Dude, that avatar is well done. Great work, Cuth!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    And yet I still don't have my signature-banner covered with flags that themselves illustrate the process of turning into the Hulk and back.
    Yet I still somehow don't quite understand the premise.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2015-10-29 at 08:23 AM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

23. - Top - End - #23

Back home from babysitting, it's time for some Sunshine!

Zodi Plays: Super Mario Sunshine [2] Crashing Through The Hills

Video Length: 24:41

Spoiler: Shine spoiler
    Show
    Shines: Bianco Hills 3, 4, 5, 6

Like I said in video, this one is a little lacking in subtitles. It crashed and drained my energy to actually write. Herp derp Zodi. You'll get more of my inane ramblings in the future, but for now the game will at least in part speak for itself. Though I'll be sure to ramble on down here.

First off today, we got enough shines to open up the next stage, so lets do that! We'll be going here later, because of how I'm doing things. However, if you go juuust to the side of the level portal, you can see that this house is...actually a house. Inside are some nasty tanooki that will take up a large bulk of the games time. You see, there are Blue Coins. You may of seen them, or seen weird graffiti on the wall that I said was related to them. The deal with the Blue Coins is that if you give ten to the tanooki, you get a Shine. There are 30 Blue Coins in each stage, and I will be getting all of them as soon as I can GET all of them (I currently cannot yet). Suffice to say, THAT will be a montage and a half. I know it's a Mario game and the plot doesn't really matter, but my god these tanooki are pretty evil, keeping the shines hidden away in their hut all day! We need those guy! Ah well. As said, we'll be getting these later...and damn if it won't be hell finding them.

That being said it's time for my uh...OTHER piece of hell. Bianco Hills episode 3 is the first "Secret" episode. Every level has one or two "Secret" episodes, and after going to the pointed out location in the opening cutscene, you get sent to...well, many people call it hell, the official name is "Secret Course" but me, I call it the Acapella Zone, due to it's music. The Acapella Zone, when you enter it, has Shadow Mario steal away FLUDD, and make you have to do a platforming challenge without her. This is great and awful. Great because it's actually kind of cool and challenging and the music is fantastic, and it also makes you appreciate how useful FLUDD actually is. It's awful because the controls are a little sticky, the fact that there are no checkpoints meaning that if you die a lot (and you likely will) the music is going to grate on you like a madness chant, and the fact that no matter how hard I try to stay calm I just kinda get my nerves shot. Acapella Zone is my nightmare scape. The first one however is fairly easy, and I only die once due to pressing jump a little too late.

Now, there is MORE to the Acapella Zones then just that, but we'll be dealing with that next time. Just a heads up on that before we continue.

Episode 4 is pretty simple, though it foreshadows doom. It's our first Red Coin mission, and it brings up a point I'd like to tell. Since this game is big one segregated episodes (some Blue Coins are only in certain levels, you can really only ever get one specific Shine per level, etc) you don't get to see where the Red coins are until this specific episode. I feel like this is a mistake. I much prefer how Mario 64 had the Red Coins always available from the beginning, so you could at least find them before you where told to do so, just to make it a little easier. That aside this Red Coin challenge, pretty easy! My complaining is more for the future.

After that, we get...ANOTHER Polluted Piranha. This one, and the one earlier in this video, are "harder" in that they take 6 hits. This last one (and I do mean last, we never have to fight these non-bosses again) is even "harder" because when you hit it the third time, it spawns a hold bunch of Swoopin' Stus. It's also riiight next to a building that you can stand on to make yourself COMPLETELY immune to it's Stuwarts. Welp. After beating him (and spying a funny little over sight in the sky) we unlock our third level, but I'm a weirdo so we're going back to the Hills!

Speaking of returning, we've got Petey Piranha back! This time we've got to be a bit more involved in getting his attention, but once we do it's fight time! This guy can fly now, and that's pretty impressive. While in the air he can spew goo bombs at you, and when you do fight him on the ground he can spin his head around to cause massive tornadoes! None of these do any damage. Once again, the only way to actually be hurt by a boss is for his goo or Stuwarts to hurt you. I swear the bosses get more interesting later.

Finally for this episode...we have another Acapella Zone. This one is a lot more difficult, and I uh...die a lot. There is a good reason one ups are so relatively easy to get in these areas, you know! There's not much to say other then "oh god wow some of these jumps where close" though. I suppose that's another negative for these areas. So, lets talk about the thing I picked up just outside the Secret Entrance for some reason! That's one of the first alternate nozzles that change what the Hover Nozzle is. This is the Turbo Nozzle, which lets us speed along the ground and water with a jet of water. It's unusable in this episode because of the poisoned water and there is never any point whatsoever to obtaining this nozzle in this stage, period. Sometimes this game is weird.

That all being said, I hope you enjoyed! I'll see you guys next time.

------

Okay so I didn't talk about any enemies in the write up above because there really wasn't a good time too, and I didn't in the video because I'm a salty girl at crashes. So lets just talk about them down here.

The blue Pokey Sprout looking things are Seed Pokeys. They dig into the ground and spew seeds everywhere and aren't very dangerous at all. You can spray em to stun em, then stomp em for a coin. We also saw a Coo Coo, which is a big ole fat chicken that uh..."produces" goop. They're gross but they can get you a lot of coins and even a one up if you don't suck! I'm pretty sure that's it for enemies. See you guys next time!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

What was that after the first secret area where you just sprayed water away from the statue and it triggered?
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25

What was that after the first secret area where you just sprayed water away from the statue and it triggered?
    Right, forgot to mention that. I'll elaborate more on it later, but if you hold down the button for FLUDD and press A, you do an explosive water powered backflip.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Back home from babysitting, it's time for some Sunshine!

Zodi Plays: Super Mario Sunshine [2] Crashing Through The Hills

Video Length: 24:41
    Teddy protip: If you want people to pay attention to text, don't show them more text at the same time.

It amazes me that the Piantas still haven't figured out that the answer to all their questions is "goo" and the solution to all their problems is water...

Gracefully jump into the cave, stick the landing!

Jump, jump, jump... and of course you fall on the simplest step...

Not taking any chances with that 1-Up, I see...

Did you intend to get sucked back in there...?

Bounce, bounce, bounce~

Making a sport out of getting sucked into portals in weird positions, are we?

Petey Piranha snoozes back...

Heh, those little Swoopin' Stus were more efficient against you than Petey...

Poor Shine to be grabbed by dirty Mario...

"Nothing this dirty could ever get back to normal..." Isn't that a little defeatist of you? I mean, you just got your entire village back...

Wow, the Acapella Zones definitely have a difficulty curve...

"Warning, 1-Up mushrooms may be escaping convicts."
    Last edited by Teddy; 2015-10-30 at 09:16 PM.

Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Teddy protip: If you want people to pay attention to text, to show them more text at the same time.

It amazes me that the Piantas still haven't figured out that the answer to all their questions is "goo" and the solution to all their problems is water...

Making a sport out of getting sucked into portals in weird positions, are we?

Petey Piranha snoozes back...

Heh, those little Swoopin' Stus were more efficient against you than Petey...
    Wow, the Acapella Zones definitely have a difficulty curve...

"Warning, 1-Up mushrooms may be escaping convicts."
    I'm getting better at the timing of the text commentary!

The Pianta's are honestly really really awful. Just you wait and see.

Yes, I enjoy jumping into portals in a funny way. It's fun!

To be fair Petey attacked first THEN went to bed. Also yes his Stuwarts kinda beat me up a little more then I'd care to admit.

You have nooo idea.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

There's a spoiler that actually makes the fact that the Pinatas aren't cleaning it up kinda fridge brilliant.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or it would, if they did anything with it.

It's established that both the paintbrush and FLUDD are made by the same guy, and while the Pinatas never fix the problem itself, the game implies that that's because they can't through ordinary means. Fludd could easily be designed specifically to counter the magic brush's effects, especially if the brush wasn't as reliable as Junior later implies. The white coat man seemed awfully sure that Fludd could counter the plant... though why he didn't use it himself, I'm not sure, beyond it being the wrong size.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

The more I see this game, the more it reminds me of Mario 64, complete with unlocking levels with astrologically-shaped objects, red coins, multiple objectives per level, being absorbed into the levels from an outside area, the acapella level even reminds me of the bowser levels.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

The more I see this game, the more it reminds me of Mario 64, complete with unlocking levels with astrologically-shaped objects, red coins, multiple objectives per level, being absorbed into the levels from an outside area, the acapella level even reminds me of the bowser levels.
    Well, Sunshine is definitely the spiritual successor/sequel to Mario 64, so that's not too surprising. I feel like Mario 64 still did some things right that Sunshine has done wrong, but it's still good!