New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Evil Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Red Fel, if you don't like people quoting the crap out of things until they lose meaning, how have you survived the internet?
    You've never lived in a place you disliked? Never had neighbors whose habits you found revolting, particularly at two in the morning when people are trying to sleep and do you think you could keep it down, or who can't seem to clean up after their dogs seriously it's the third time this week?

I survive the internet fueled entirely by an internal bitterness engine. Coincidentally, also why I thrive here.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    You've never lived in a place you disliked? Never had neighbors whose habits you found revolting, particularly at two in the morning when people are trying to sleep and do you think you could keep it down, or who can't seem to clean up after their dogs seriously it's the third time this week?

I survive the internet fueled entirely by an internal bitterness engine. Coincidentally, also why I thrive here.
    Explains a lot of your presence in the 3.5 forums...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Micro-Rant Follows
    Show
    It's not that you personally have abused it. It's that the "fava beans and a nice chianti" has, generally speaking, been beaten worse than an undead horse made out of magnets in the middle of a steel baseball bat warehouse. We get it, you're promoting cannibalism, and it was almost funny once.

Except it wasn't. What made Dr. Lecter engaging wasn't what he said, but how he said it; it was the total package, not any one quote. Let me be clear: Dr. Hannibal Lecter is one of my favorite villains, and one of my favorite examples of affable-yet-barely-human Evil. But that quote has suffered so much use that it needs to be put down. We need to take that particular Old Yeller out behind the shed and blow its quotable little brains out.

Now, for the most part, I was teasing about the "abuse of the reference." And as you point out, different standards of humor. But mostly, I'm just tired of things that are considered quotable because of the spine-tingling thrill you got when the original character said them, as opposed to being quotable on their own merits.

Mostly, I'm just tired, but that's neither here nor there.

Short version: Wasn't coming down on you. Was endorsing smiting generally. Provided it's not aimed at me.
    I see. No comment.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394

Spoiler: Micro-Rant Follows
    Show
    It's not that you personally have abused it. It's that the "fava beans and a nice chianti" has, generally speaking, been beaten worse than an undead horse made out of magnets in the middle of a steel baseball bat warehouse. We get it, you're promoting cannibalism, and it was almost funny once.

Except it wasn't. What made Dr. Lecter engaging wasn't what he said, but how he said it; it was the total package, not any one quote. Let me be clear: Dr. Hannibal Lecter is one of my favorite villains, and one of my favorite examples of affable-yet-barely-human Evil. But that quote has suffered so much use that it needs to be put down. We need to take that particular Old Yeller out behind the shed and blow its quotable little brains out.

Now, for the most part, I was teasing about the "abuse of the reference." And as you point out, different standards of humor. But mostly, I'm just tired of things that are considered quotable because of the spine-tingling thrill you got when the original character said them, as opposed to being quotable on their own merits.

Mostly, I'm just tired, but that's neither here nor there.

Short version: Wasn't coming down on you. Was endorsing smiting generally. Provided it's not aimed at me.
    Red Fel: one of the most well spoken individuals I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Red Fel, if you don't like people quoting the crap out of things until they lose meaning, how have you survived the internet?
    By avoiding the people who choose to do that, most likely.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Mild disappointment. I was expecting a far more murder-based response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

That does make them easy to avoid, I suppose.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Colossus in the Playground

I have never had neighbors like that, no, actually. Probably because I'm an average, every day, boring necromancer who minds his own business and has his skeletal minions politely minding his property so it doesn't get on anybody else's nerves.

>_> <_<

I think the phrase I'm most guilty of over-quoting for the chilling thrill I got when I heard it used are the various variations on "Bad Wolf" cropping up post-season 1 of the 2005 series.

8. - Top - End - #398

NecromancerGuy

I would think that borders on statistically impossible. Almost everything has already been said.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Are you kidding? That's a horrible idea.

I mean, if I used murder to solve all of my problems, I'd be happy. And completely alone on this rock, which would also make me very happy.

Is that what you want? A happy Red Fel? What is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    I think the phrase I'm most guilty of over-quoting for the chilling thrill I got when I heard it used are the various variations on "Bad Wolf" cropping up post-season 1 of the 2005 series.
    How do you even quote those? I'm serious. Most of those variations of "Bad Wolf" are either references on signposts or graffiti - which aren't so much lines as they are background - or various phrases in different languages, like Welsh or Norwegian. I mean, Blaidd Drwg? How do you quote that? How do you pronounce that?

How do you do that with your tongue? I really want to know. For reasons.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-12-15 at 03:43 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

10. - Top - End - #400

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    I would think that borders on statistically impossible. Almost everything has already been said.
    I mean, avoiding to Red Fel might very well be a mixture of Slay Living and Finger of Death? At this point, he probably just casts Weird when he dislikes a room. He's some sort of Gestalt Warblade//Wizard, I believe.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-12-15 at 04:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401

Are you kidding? That's a horrible idea.

I mean, if I used murder to solve all of my problems, I'd be happy. And completely alone on this rock, which would also make me very happy.

Is that what you want? A happy Red Fel? What is wrong with you?
    We're sadistic like that.

How do you even quote those? I'm serious. Most of those variations of "Bad Wolf" are either references on signposts or graffiti - which aren't so much lines as they are background - or various phrases in different languages, like Welsh or Norwegian. I mean, Blaidd Drwg? How do you quote that? How do you pronounce that?

Warning: the explanations will be less than witty or funny, because they're basically explaining the joke. And they're really only funny to my in-crowd to begin with.

Spoiler: spoilers if you haven't seen Eccleston and Tennet's runs of Doctor Who
    Show

But we tend to quote things like the time Donna came back from turning left with a "message. Two words." And then voicing the interpretation we gave to reality flipping out as She broke back in. (Usually something along the lines of "WARNING! WARNING! WAR--oh, um, er, hi! welcome back!")

Or just flat out, "But in this form I'm...Bad Wolf?" or "Oh, Bad Wolf Girl, I could kiss you!" <10> Wait, what? <BW> Oh, THAT'll happen.

I'm also of the firm opinion that what we see saving the day and being rather Doctor-like is the Bad Wolf during the Dalek/Cybermen arc. After she sneaked around the lock-out the whole "closing barriers" thing that stranded Rose in the alternate universe by having Donna say her Name in our universe, she retro-actively once again had always been omnipresent. Her actions seem semi-mundane, but they're directed by the omniscient and omnipotent reality-warping being that just happens to be using well-placed mundane action to achieve her goals.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, avoiding to Red Fel might very well be a mixture of Slay Living and Finger of Death?
    Might.

At this point, he probably just casts Weird when he dislikes a room.
    Probably.

He's some sort of Gestalt Warblade//Wizard, I believe.
    Some sort.

We're sadistic like that.
    You monster.

Warning: the explanations will be less than witty or funny, because they're basically explaining the joke. And they're really only funny to my in-crowd to begin with.
    Except... They aren't really quotes. Or quotable. Or... anything, really. I mean, the Bad Wolf generally was as poorly-defined as convenient deus ex machina (literally, she came out of the TARDIS) plot devices get. Aside from broad references to her, there's really, what, exactly? I just don't get what you could actually be quoting, is my point.

EDIT: Also... Tennet? Bad form, mate.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-12-15 at 04:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403

You monster.

Except... They aren't really quotes. Or quotable. Or... anything, really. I mean, the Bad Wolf generally was as poorly-defined as convenient deus ex machina (literally, she came out of the TARDIS) plot devices get. Aside from broad references to her, there's really, what, exactly? I just don't get what you could actually be quoting, is my point.
    "She had a message. Two words. ...'Bad Wolf?'"
    "Oh, it was nothing, it was just a wolf."
    "The interface is hot!" "Well, I do my best."

Like I said, they're really not "funny" outside of my small circle of friends.

EDIT: Also... Tennet? Bad form, mate.
    I'm surprised I didn't get called on "Eccleston," honestly. ...but apparently I did spell that correctly. Huh.

Still, my apologies to Ten for misspelling his last name.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Still, my apologies to Ten for misspelling his last name.
    Always amused me, that. Tenth being played by Tennant. Ten was Ten, as it were. Made me chuckle. Still does.

15. - Top - End - #405

I mean, Blaidd Drwg? How do you quote that? How do you pronounce that?

Apparently it's "Blythe Droog". "Ai" is a long I sound as it is in Romanised Japanese or Korean. "dd" is a voiced dental fricative written as a palatial sound. It's like Welsh is a Brooklyn accent in reverse.

The "w" in welsh is a "double-U" sound. Just like it is in the German copy of the treaty of Verdun.

I'd have guessed "Blade Droog", just if I was guessing from the spelling.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

at least the crew its back welcome to gitp regulars as shenanigans mark what ever some how this feels very good

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    at least the crew its back welcome to gitp regulars as shenanigans mark what ever some how this feels very good
    This is the internet, nobody ever leaves they just drift along the digital sea as billions of others drift by. They interact with those who happen to bump and they decide to acknowledge. Even if they stop interacting, for reasons ranging from disinterest to existence failure, they leave behind a legacy lasting for as long as their groups of interest exist and the historians keep copies of their activities. A legacy anyone can see. Sometimes those legacies even get revived by others as they try to fill the role left behind by someone else. Who knows how many dread pirate Roberts there are out there continuing on their legacies, but never in quite the same way... I need to stop listening to touhou music at 5 in the mourning and posting... it seems to do things to my thought processes.

For our secondary speakers: This is the internet. We will be here even after we die and stop posting. Though that stop posting thing could be solved if we can ever get to the computer singularity thing and figure out how to upload our minds.

Church of chaos, now also offering services for the religion of the internet. donations encouraged. It's not morally dubious to create a network of religious tax-free income sources to fund an unrelated allegedly megalomaniacal "business" is it? I hope this doesn't become some uncanny piece of satire.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #408

Because this can't get more off-topic...
    Spoiler: K/Nobs & Snobs
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409

BardGuy

I present for the approval of the GitP Regulars... Green Lef! (This one's for you, Red Fel )

Green Lef
    CG 1/2Elf Bard8/Paladin of Freedom6
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 16

A singing warrior who travels the world to battle tyranny and oppression. He believes in showing people how to live their lives to the fullest, without needing to rely on government intervention. Though he is not officially recognized by anyone important, the common folk tell tales of his generosity and willingness to lend a hand.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-12-16 at 05:48 PM.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I present for the approval of the GitP Regulars... Green Lef! (This one's for you, Red Fel )

Green Lef

A singing warrior who travels the world to battle tyranny and oppression. He believes in showing people how to live their lives to the fullest, without needing to rely on government intervention. Though he is not officially recognized by anyone important, the common folk tell tales of his generosity and willingness to lend a hand.
    This is Glorious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

21. - Top - End - #411

Anybody free to help my wizarding friend?
    At least you know you've secured your spot as "first person to die" when Red Fel takes over the world.

22. - Top - End - #412

BardGuy

At least you know you've secured your spot as "first person to die" when Red Fel takes over the world.
    If he strikes me down I would become more powerful than he could possibly imagine.

But seriously, I have a place of honor reserved among the Eladrin for when I die.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

No.
    Unfortunately, that's my poor kitten who will die first if he tries.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

24. - Top - End - #414

But seriously, I have a place of honor reserved among the Eladrin for when I die.
    Good choice. I myself spend very little time on the Prime Material.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    No.
    You're too kind!

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

I would help, but i dont do Wizards, to much work. Sorcerers are where its at
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

I don't do wizards. Though i simply suggest grabbing some generally useful Spells and save some money to buy scrolls if he finds some spell would be really useful. As a sorcerer fan I know a lot about picking powerful blast Spells and utility Spells. Sorcs tend to pick Spells that function as 2 to 5 different utility Spells a wizard would pick. I don't have time to help but I'll post my personal short list a bit latter so I don't have to do research.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Green Lef

... This... I... I don't...

... is it a reference? Of some kind? An in-joke? How is... I mean...

How could something live like that?

Second. After this "Green Lef" bozo.

If he strikes me down I would become more powerful than he could possibly imagine.
    Let's find out.

And you're in such a rush to join them? Seriously, though, good job.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

And you're in such a rush to join them?
    they're pretty nice people. Lots of food and drink. They always try to keep things interesting. The only downside is Corellon Larethian. Then again of the legacy gods the evil ones where always nicer than the good ones. Even Nerull who is most definitely disgustingly evil even to other evil outsiders. There is just things wrong with them. Like Garl committing partial genocide and mass destruction for a sum total reasons of, those kobolds have something nicer than gnomes

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #419

BardGuy

I'm more of a Farlangh guy than a Corellon guy. I don't agree with some of Corellon's actions.

I've always been on good terms with the Eladrin. A few fey clerics I've known introduced me to some and I've had a few buddies up there ever since.

Anyway, I have rendered Red Fel speechless. I think my work is done for now.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-12-17 at 10:28 AM.

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I would help, but i dont do Wizards, to much work. Sorcerers are where its at
    He is a Sorc/Wiz/Ultimate Magus!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    As a sorcerer fan I know a lot about picking powerful blast Spells and utility Spells.
    He does need blasting spells on one side.

Second. After this "Green Lef" bozo.
    Looks like Illyahr did a good job.