Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 113
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default [DnD 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    OOC Thread

    It was almost dawn when the ground started to shake.

    Jumping out of bed, you hear the fire bells start ringing. You barely have time to put on some clothes before the roof begins to crack. Grabbing your most precious possessions (and whatever family you might have), you make it to the streets just before the house collapses on itself.

    A bright glow on top of the mountain quickly catches your eye. The volcano is spitting out lava! You race downhill, towards the docks, where people are already being crammed into boats. You make it into one. Half a minute later, you are off, and just in time. The lava touches the water, fizzling and popping. You can feel the heat.

    And, worse still, you can hear the screams of people being burned alive. It smells like charred flesh, too.

    You have been adrift ever since.

    It has been almost a week since that happened. Supplies on the boats are dwindling, even when complemented by fishing.

    But there is hope. Yesterday afternoon, someone spotted an island on the horizon.

    Today, you can already see it clearly. It is green, lush forest covering almost its entirety. Old ruins hint at a previous occupation and later abandon. This morning, the leader of this small community, a survivor of a noble family, called a meeting. As a result, you, the fittest members of this group, have been selected to take a small boat, explore the island, and return within three days with information and supplies.

    Another refugee is tagging along with you. His name is Anton Quick. He is a young boy, convicted of robbery. He says he saved himself when the jail's roof collapsed, and has been offered freedom if he helps you.

    You are now very close. A small raft has been lowered into the water. You climb down a rope ladder into the boat, with nothing but some equipment and food, and the ropes are cut. You row for a few minutes towards the island.

    You can see the coast more clearly now. You see a small pier stick out from the sandy beach. There is also a small stone building in the middle of the beach. Beyond that, there is only forest. Old ruins stick out of the treetops, standing tall in the distance. Maneuvering carefully, the boat bumps into the pier. You all get out. The boat is tied to stone pillars. There were once iron rings on them to tie the ropes to, but all that remains now are rust stains.

    You take a new look around you. Fifteen feet to your right is another huge stone pier, like the one you are standing on now. Ahead of you, to the right, you see the stone building. Fifty feet wide, with a smaller room on the left side, you recognize it as probably being a tavern or inn.

    Everything is silent, except for the birds in the treetops, occasionally soaring over your heads. If you are going to be devoured or mauled to death, it isn't soon.

    You are now on your own, and have three days before getting back into the boat.

    Good luck. You'll need it.
    Last edited by wkwkwkwk1; 2015-12-06 at 06:39 AM.
    Avatar by yours truly

    Spoiler: GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Vaarsuvio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    At my Computer

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Gregorovitch is currently sitting on one of the rocks in the beach,"Hmm, the sands on this beach are oddly red, perhaps it has a small mixture of clay or another material within it?

    (1d20+7)[10] Rolling Nature to find something valuable in the sand.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Seiji's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Danto steps out of the boat and groans as he stretches. His leathers creak as if to voice their displeasure too, with the cramped confines of the boat. He turns his face up to the sunlight and visibly relaxes. The atmosphere aboard the ships crowded with depressed refugees is terribly oppressive towards someone who considers himself an optimist, and though the task ahead of Danto is filled with unknowns, he is grateful for the moment of peace.
    After a short time Danto returns his mind to the task at hand and his eyes scan the coastline.
    "It appears as though fate has handed us a very obvious starting point" he says, pointing to the stone building ahead of them "Shall we do some exploring?"

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Vyncent dismounts from the boat, bow in hand, scanning the horizon for movement. "Sounds like an excellent idea. Let's see what's in these old buildings. They could make a good shelter until we can start building something better."

    Spot check for a general scan of the area, to see if it looks like we're alone or not: (1d20+7)[18]
    And a Listen check too, just in case: (1d20+7)[11]
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

    Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    "What happened to them?"

    Victory stares at the abandoned pier, eyes slowly rising to the once-a-tavern, and carefully starts towards it.

    "Yes. Let's do some exploring."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Leeds, UK

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    As Alvie steps off the boat he breathes a sigh of relief. It had been his first sea voyage and he had not enjoyed it one bit having suffered from terrible seasickness the entire journey. He follows the others forward to the abandoned houses keeping his senses alert for any movement. As they approach the building he steps in front and whispers.

    "Let me enter first. There might be something lurking."

    Then Alvie moves through the door and into the ruin.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Spot: (1d20)[19]
    Listen: (1d20+4)[16]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Feeling the sea breeze blowing on our face, you approach the crumbling stone building. A metal pole sticks out of the wall, where a board announcing a tavern used to hang from. Many stones litter the sand around the building, hinting that a second floor once existed but has crumbled.

    Crossing the entrance, you see that whoever used to be there left in a hurry, perhaps hoping to come back. Some metal flagons still stand on the tables, while others were knocked to the ground, either by the wind or by the fleeing patrons. Glass pitchers that were once full of wine stand the test of time, and it seems that some bottles remain unopened in the shelves behind the counter.

    Anton, having been the first to make his way inside the tavern, crouches behind the bar and reappears with some bottles on his hands. Hey, folks, what do you say we have a drink before we go on?

    Without waiting for an answer, he promptly puts the bottles down on a table, looks them over and, despite the absence of a label, quickly decides on a bottle of what he declares to be vintage elven wine, uncorks it, and pours some into a flagon for himself.

    What do you guys want? I worked for a while as a bartender's assistant, I can tell you what's inside each bottle.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Spoiler: @Alvie
    Show

    From the wear the building shows, you can tell that it has likely been abandoned for over a century.

    You see no signs of immediate danger.


    Spoiler: @Gregorovitch
    Show

    You detect nothing unusual in the sand.

    From the wear the building shows, you can tell that it has likely been abandoned for over a century.


    Spoiler: @Victory
    Show

    From the wear the building shows, you can tell that it has likely been abandoned for over a century.


    Spoiler: @Vyncent
    Show

    You see no signs of immediate danger.


    For those who are already rolling: remember the 2d10 variant!

    @Everyone: I see none of you have put any ranks in Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering; Local; History; and Geography. It won't be too essential for crunch, but it will be quite important for fluff. I recommend at least one of you has some points in them, but better make it quick.

    I figure this is a good time for you to do some roleplaying, get to know each others a bit.

    Don't worry, I won't let you guys chat for long
    Avatar by yours truly

    Spoiler: GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Leeds, UK

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    "These bottles have been here for about a century mate, can you be sure that's still drinkable?" Alvie says, walking over to stand at the table.

    "This seems a reasonable place to plan our next move. Have any of you any useful experience with exploring the wilderness?" Alvie asks, looking round at the group. "Because I sure as the seven hells don't and it'd be nice to know someone has an idea what they are doing."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I've switched a couple of points into Knowledge (Local) but it's not a class skill for either of my classes so Alvie still isn't very good at it.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    "I know my way around fairly well. Grew up more out in the forest than in the town. I say we search these ruins, see if there's anything useful. We might be able to offload the ships for a while, too. I imagine some time on dry land would do everyone good." Vyncent glances over the bottles on the table. He seems nonchalant, but he does not set down his bow. "Any halfling ale in there?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ah, yeah, forgot about the 2d10 thing. Sorry!

    Moved a couple of points from Handle Animal to Knowledge (Geography).
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

    Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Vaarsuvio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    At my Computer

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Gregorovitch raises an eyebrow and snatchs the flagon from Anton before he can take a drink. "Disregarding the fact that you are far too young too indulge in drink, what makes you think it is a good idea to imbibe in an alcoholic beverage on an uncharted island with possibly obscured threats and in a building where there was apparently a great rush to get out?"

    (2d10+7)[14] Rolling Intimidate in case he doesn't want to listen to reason.
    Last edited by Vaarsuvio; 2015-11-03 at 02:18 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Seiji's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    "If any of this is drinkable," Danto has a doubtful expression on his face "we should bring as much as we can back to the ships. It would do much to improve morale."
    Danto begins to search around the interior. "There must be something useful in here besides age old spirits. Wasn't there another room that we saw from the outside?"

    Spoiler: Search Check
    Show
    (2d10+9)[19]
    Last edited by Seiji; 2015-11-03 at 03:02 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    "Come now, sir. We've been cooped up on the ship for too long. Let him drink."

    Victory herself takes a bottle of something at random, uncorks it, and takes a swig.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Vaarsuvio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    At my Computer

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    "Hmm, seems logical. I'll check the walls and floor for any possible hidden entrances or rooms."

    (2d10+9)[22] I can't seem to edit my sheet at the moment but I moved 3 ranks from decipher script to Knowledge (Architecture).

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Anton sips some of his wine and turns towards Alvie. "Some of them will probably be spoiled, but most of these bottles are well corked, and you'll notice if it's gone bad, believe me."

    He then takes another look at the bottles. Not finding what he's looking for, he glances back at the shelves, goes behind the counter, picks one, and tosses it at Vyncent. "I think this is it. Catch!"

    He goes back to the table, and listens to Gregorovitch's speech with a raised eyebrow. "You probably missed the fact that I'm fifteen years old, almost sixteen, which means that I am legally allowed to drink. Not that ever stopped me from sweeping a drink or two before, heh.

    'Sides, this thig was abandoned like a century ago, whatever scared them off is long gone. Even if it isn't, we're stuck here for the next three days. They made it pretty clear we weren't allowed back in the boat until then.

    And third, you also missed the fact that I grew up in a street gang. I don't take well to people bullying me around. Anyway, want a drink or not?
    "

    Finally, he turns to Danto. "I like the way you think. It's not enough for the whole fleet, though. And that would be the kitchen. We can check it out if you want to."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Let's wait for Sir Toast to make a move before we go on to exploring.

    By the way, Vaarsuvio, I didn't want to sound mean or anything with Anton's answer, that's just how I think he'd answer. And remember, 15-year olds are adults in D&Dverse

    And noted on the Arch. and Engineering
    Last edited by wkwkwkwk1; 2015-11-03 at 03:03 PM.
    Avatar by yours truly

    Spoiler: GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Vaarsuvio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    At my Computer

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Gregorovitch doesn't seem happy about it but he doesn't continue trying to convince him not to drink. "I shan't imbibe, Wizards and drink don't mix very well, if you find something non-alcoholic I'll drink some of it.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Leeds, UK

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    "Sounds a solid plan Vyncent. Start by exploring the ruins and the surrounding area. We have several days to do so though and the area seems abandoned so in the mean time I don't see any problem in indulging in a drink or two. I know it'll calm me down a bit after the events of the past few days. That is if you're sure it's ok Anton?" Alvie says. Then he grabs the bottle of elven wine Anton opened and pours himself some as well.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Toast

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Oliver had been quiet the whole time thinking to himself. He had followed the group into the tavern, and now spoke up and voiced his opinion: "Exploration is the right action to take, perhaps we should start by exploring the kitchen that Danto pointed out? We could possibly find something else of value in the kitchen."

    He turns to Anton and responds "I myself won't take a drink as it interferes with my focus and concentration, although perhaps I'll take some to drink later before I sleep."
    - Sir Toast
    Special Thanks to Venetian Mask for an Awesome Avatar!
    "A toast to the OOTS for being a great comic"
    Spoiler: Games I'm Playing In
    Show
    A New Island, a New Life!
    Oliver Drake IC l OOC

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Vyncent catches the bottle. "Thanks," he says, uncorking it and taking a small swig. "Danto's right; here's as good a place as any to start exploring." With that, bottle in one hand and bow in the other, he also begins searching the room for any potentially useful supplies or hidden doors or cabinets.

    Search check: (2d10+0)[12]
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

    Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    You take a good look at what remains of this building. Several wooden tables stand where they were left many years ago. Some stools are bolted to the ground in front of the bar, though the metal foot is rusting away.

    To the left of the bar, there is a doorway that likely leads into the kitchen. On the right corner, a flight of stairs once gave access to the second floor or attic. Under the stairs, another doorway leads into a dark corridor.

    You step into what was once a kitchen. The small room features a stone oven, a fireplace, and a large counter. In the fireplace, an overturned cast iron cauldron shows barely any signs of wear, even though a layer of dust and grime shows that it has been there for years. Stains of rust show where knives were abandoned over the rotten wooden counter.

    Inside what remains of the cabinets, you find nothing but kitchen tools and tableware.

    As you explore the smaller room, a strange sound reaches your ears. A muffled, thumping sound. You can't tell what it is.

    Looking around, it seems to come from nowhere around you, but rather from below your feet.
    Avatar by yours truly

    Spoiler: GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Vaarsuvio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    At my Computer

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Gregorovitch pulls out and loads his crossbow. "I suggest all of you draw your assorted weapons and prepare yourselves."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Leeds, UK

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Alvie walks over to the fireplace and attempts to flip the cauldron upright, intrigued by it's apparent lack of wear. When he hears the sounds from under the floor he freezes and listens harder. "Shush everyone" he hisses as he draws his sword from it's scabbard.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Listen: (2d10+4)[15]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Seiji's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Danto pulls his head out of one of the kitchen cabinets to look quickly at Gregorovitch, then hears the disquieting sounds. He whispers, "Where is it coming from?" Alarmed, he draws his short swords as quietly as possible and creeps over to darkened doorway under the ruined stairs. Careful to stay in the shadowed area of the room, Danto does his best to peek through the doorway.

    Spoiler: Hide & Move Silently Check
    Show
    Hide (2d10+10)[26]
    Move Silently (2d10+10)[21]

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Vaarsuvio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    At my Computer

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    "Should I send down an illusion?" Gregorovitch whispers to the group.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    "You're all worrying over probably nothing."
    Victory turns to face the dark door, expecting it to have stairs down, and waits.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Peeking through the doorway, you can barely see a thing. Within a few seconds, your eyes adjust to the dark. You see a 5-foot wide, 25-foot long corridor, with three doors on the left wall and one at the far end, all three wide ajar.

    As you move around inside the building, the sound doesn't seem to change in intensity.
    Avatar by yours truly

    Spoiler: GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Leeds, UK

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Alvie heads down the corridor motioning for the others to follow him. He looks carefully through each of the side doors as he passes them heading towards the door at the end of the corridor.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alvie has darkvision so can see just fine in the dark corridor.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Vaarsuvio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    At my Computer

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Gregorovitch hands Alvie a Smokestick. "Do you want to try smoking them out?"

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Toast

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Oliver draws his Morningstar and Wand and follows Alvie into the corridor.
    "Shouldn't we check the side doors as well" he whispers?
    He tries to move silently, observe the surroundings, and listen to hear where the thumping sound is coming from.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move Silently: (2d10-1)[12]
    Spot: (2d10+3)[7]
    Listen: (2d10+3)[14]
    Last edited by Sir Toast; 2015-11-04 at 08:20 PM.
    - Sir Toast
    Special Thanks to Venetian Mask for an Awesome Avatar!
    "A toast to the OOTS for being a great comic"
    Spoiler: Games I'm Playing In
    Show
    A New Island, a New Life!
    Oliver Drake IC l OOC

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    Vyncent takes one more swig of ale before setting the bottle down, putting an arrow to his bow, and follows the others down the corridor. "Bloody hell, it's dark," he mutters softly as he double-checks each side door, keeping his bow at the ready in case of unpleasant surprises.

    Spoiler: Spot & Listen rolls
    Show
    Spot: (2d10+7)[20]
    Listen: (2d10+7)[15]
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

    Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 3.5; IC] A New Island, a New Life!

    As you walk down the corridor, Anton calls out to you from inside the first room.

    "Ummmm... guys? YOu probably want to check the other rooms out..."

    Spoiler: To those who enter the first room
    Show

    As you cross the doorway, you come upon a macabre spectacle. A human-shaped lump lies over the rotten bed. Upon closer inspection, it is revealed to be a long-dead cadaver, most of his bones still covered by rusted metal armor.
    Avatar by yours truly

    Spoiler: GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •