New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Question Star Wars Saga Edition?

there is another edition of the d20 star wars game coming out in june. i am very interested in finding out what, if any, are the differences between this edition and the last (revised edition). so far as i can tell it comes with dice and thats about all thats concrete.

i suppose i want to know if it would even be worth my time. i was very upset when the $30 revised edition came out not one year after the $30 core rulebook.
    There are some words which I have known since I was a schoolboy. "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as a wisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

2. - Top - End - #2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Star Wars Saga Edition?

i have to admit that i feel a bit torn. i thought some of the changed were way overdue, others feel like theyve dumbed the game down.

i guess itll boil down to how pretty the pictures are... NO! i have quite an investment on my bookshelf. i suppose most of that is now obsolete. great.
    There are some words which I have known since I was a schoolboy. "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as a wisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars Saga Edition?

Wizards has officially declared they will publish a conversion kit of some sort for those who use older edition books.

I think I'm going to buy it. All in all it has sounded promising.