New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Preparing to play a Dread Necromancer

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask some advice about the dread necromancer. See, my D&D group seems to be tending more to evil and chaotic rather than good and lawful. I put up a previous post about me being a paladin in the group, and lately it seems like I am not fitting in. So, just in case, I want to play a dread necromancer next. However, I have some questions about how the "undead system" works. How do you get these undead, and carry them until I need them or until I have the needed supplies to animate them. I have heard people using a bag of holding to hold the dead bodies. That seems like a good idea, but that leads to my next question. Can I animate the undead and then hide them in the bag, or would they suffocate like normal creatures, or since they are undead they don't need to breathe? Any other tips on dread necromancy would be helpful as well!
    Last edited by Pavbat666; 2015-11-10 at 07:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Preparing to play a Dread Necromancer

Assuming you are playing 3.5: it might be an idea to re-post this in the 3.5 sub-forum, simply because you will get more responses. You can get the mods to move it instead by reporting your original post and asking them.

Anyway, here's a handbook which should help you. This one might be handy later also.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Preparing to play a Dread Necromancer

Thank you! I am sorry, I am new to this forum thing as you can see.