New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Elder Evil Halfling

Can a lightfoot halfling move into an enemy space (AoO a separate topic), and use Repelling Blast to push a creature straight up?
    if they hit a ceiling do they take damage and same if they fall back to the ground (10'), also when they hit the ground do they have to make a same or fall prone?
    if they fall, would they land on the halfling (save?)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Elder Evil Halfling

No, not by RAW because they can't do the first thing, no, yes, no, because the halfling isn't under them.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by JackPhoenix View Post
    No, not by RAW because they can't do the first thing, no, yes, no, because the halfling isn't under them.
    Why can’t they move into another creature‘s space though?
    If a creature is at least two size categories above yours, you can share a space (like a tiny and medium creature or a medium and huge creature) iirc, and halflings have the halfling nimbleness feature that allows them to pass through spaces occupied by creatures larger than themselves.
    "Can i touch myself before talking to that guy?"
    "..."
    "I mean can i cast a touch spell on myself..."
    "It's both possible, but one would probably lead to a bad outcome."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Through, yes. Occupy the creature's space, no. But honestly in the name of versimillitude I'd allow it as a DM. But then chances are the creature is simply too heavy for repelling blast to work. in the rules department this would look like the following. A 10 foot tall creature doesnt take falling damage from falling its height down. Also collision damage is not given afaik. If I was a particularly vindictive DM I could even say you need to do a dex save to avoid being crushed (because that is very much a rule).

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Through, yes. Occupy the creature's space, no.
    Still, if the creature is large or bigger, you could... couldn’t you? I’m not sure if it works with enemies.

But honestly in the name of versimillitude I'd allow it as a DM. But then chances are the creature is simply too heavy for repelling blast to work.
    Nothing says repelling blast has a weight requirement.

in the rules department this would look like the following. A 10 foot tall creature doesnt take falling damage from falling its height down.
    Also collision damage is not given afaik. If I was a particularly vindictive DM I could even say you need to do a dex save to avoid being crushed (because that is very much a rule).
    Sage advice says that if you’re repelling blasted into a wall, you simply stop moving, no damage at all, so i assume the same counts for hitting the ceiling.
    "Can i touch myself before talking to that guy?"
    "..."
    "I mean can i cast a touch spell on myself..."
    "It's both possible, but one would probably lead to a bad outcome."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

In the name of fun, I'd probably allow it, seeing as the player had a clever idea about how to use one of their mechanics. The halfling would probably have to make a save to avoid getting smushed under the enemy, but I'd probably throw in some extra damage, from hitting the ceiling or from hitting the ground, it honestly doesn't matter which, it's the same damage. I'm not an expert on RAW, though, so if you run a tighter ship than I do, this might not work.

7. - Top - End - #7

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by The Robot Goat View Post
    In the name of fun, I'd probably allow it, seeing as the player had a clever idea about how to use one of their mechanics. The halfling would probably have to make a save to avoid getting smushed under the enemy, but I'd probably throw in some extra damage, from hitting the ceiling or from hitting the ground, it honestly doesn't matter which, it's the same damage. I'm not an expert on RAW, though, so if you run a tighter ship than I do, this might not work.
    Yes we are all about clever ideas and fun. the ship here is a schooner of looseness.
    but thank you all for your feedback

these ideas are from the same people that said 'if a creature is larger than me why cant i use lightning lure as a way to pull myself towards them?!'
    i allowed it, it was hilarious.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

That sounds like a very good use of Lightning Lure.