New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Erfworld Thread VI: +10 vs Fat Guys From Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    As we later saw, Don really could have used the money, and it's not like she had something better to do with it.
    I think the explanation could be that Bea simply didn't know that Don needed the money. Transylvito had been wealthy until Don King started propping up Jillian and it seemed to surprise everyone that he went so overboard doing that. Talking about money would have probably seemed gauche to her, so she probably would have been reluctant to ever bring up the subject. King Stately expected to be able to borrow from Don King during the battle for Jetstone, so he didn't seem to be aware of Don King's money troubles, either.

Quote Originally Posted by hajo View Post
    Garrison-units are cheap, but have no move.
    So, to send them out into the field, she needed
    to promote them to full units, and pay for that.
    What does "full unit" mean? I used google to search the transcripts on the wiki, and the only place that phrase was used referred to the repatriation of fugitives. When Jil was a fugitive, the text said, "If Jillian could manage to stack up with any regular unit from her side, then she would be considered 'rescued' and would be a Faq field unit once more." That might imply that "full" and "field" are equivalent, but it seems that being a fugitive is a very different thing than being a garrison unit.

Now I think that when Bea said that she "promot[ed] all garrison units to full," she meant to field units, but not further, but I'm still not sure about that. Since she said that she spent "most" of her treasury and gems, not "as much as possible,"I'm leaning toward the idea that she wasn't particularly trying to burn through her treasury. At a minimum, she meant to get garrison units out of the city to be disbanded, though.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2015-12-06 at 12:13 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Her primary concern had been keeping her units out of Gobwin Knob's reach, emptying the treasury to similarly deny the resources was likely a (relatively) happy side effect.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

I doubt the Don would have accepted her money even if she offered. He would have refused it, and tried to talk her out of what she intended to do, and perhaps even succeeded.

Which is probably exactly why she didn't try, and didn't talk to him aside from a letter sent after it was too late for him to respond. She had decided that she needed to commit suicide, and generally people who have decided that don't try to talk to people who might convince them otherwise.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2015-12-06 at 07:25 PM.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: New comic
    Show
    Huh, I guess I never thought of it, but seeing blood drip from a small head scratch would be gross when worse injuries than that don't do anything like it at all.

Kalashnikov == Кала́шников for those who have to look it up like I did.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Show
    Huh, I guess I never thought of it, but seeing blood drip from a small head scratch would be gross when worse injuries than that don't do anything like it at all.

Yeah, the sound effects are great.

Spoiler
    Show
    And I've the impression that very soon the treasury will receive some cash...
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 2015-12-07 at 01:49 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Show

Spoiler
    Show
    At first I thought that Jack had blood on his clothing, but it's just red from the GK uniforms showing through him. The same is true with Parson (red color only).

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Yeah, the sound effects are great.

Spoiler
    Show
    And I've the impression that very soon the treasury will receive some cash...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, it may be quite a bit more, actually. Marie seems to be expecting more injuries, so that probably means that the Archons will shoot at Lilith and also hit someone in the MK. (It might not be anyone from GK, though.) There seemed to be additional broken things in the vault area that Lilith could [EDIT: toss] through through the portal, so it wouldn't be surprising if the Bonnie opened the vault doors and ordered the other Archons to open up on Lilith.

GK had only 88,000 in its treasury before Lilith caused the material harm. I wonder what Charlie got for the other 412,000.

Marie knew that she was going to be hurt, so that pretty much confirms that she was intentionally protecting Wanda with her body. She's still staying between Wanda and the portal at the bottom of the page, even though Wanda is far to one side.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2015-12-07 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Added "toss"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

In spoilers because the GItP site has been up and down at least a couple of times today.

Spoiler
    Show
    So now we know, no fatalities this side of the portal.

I shall be interested to see where the plot goes from here.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2015-12-07 at 04:41 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I shall be interested to see where the plot goes from here.
    Spoiler: In the immediate?
    Show
    I predict machine guns fire grinds through MK
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Spoiler
    Show
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, it may be quite a bit more, actually. Marie seems to be expecting more injuries, so that probably means that the Archons will shoot at Lilith and also hit someone in the MK. (It might not be anyone from GK, though.) There seemed to be additional broken things in the vault area that Lilith could through through the portal, so it wouldn't be surprising if the Bonnie opened the vault doors and ordered the other Archons to open up on Lilith.

GK had only 88,000 in its treasury before Lilith caused the material harm. I wonder what Charlie got for the other 412,000.

Marie knew that she was going to be hurt, so that pretty much confirms that she was intentionally protecting Wanda with her body. She's still staying between Wanda and the portal at the bottom of the page, even though Wanda is far to one side.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My bet? Gobwin Knob.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    My bet? Gobwin Knob.
    Man, I hope not. The implied value of the gems under GK makes it pretty darn valuable.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    My bet? Gobwin Knob.
    Actually, I'm not sure, but I think Charlie would probably get to choose based on Charlie saying that he would claim Lilith after Parson invaded, but Lilith will be killed before he does, so the choice will be taken away from him. I also doubt that Rob would really want to assign a Shmucker value to cities and units. OTOH, if GK lost the city of GK, that might have some interesting consequences. I'm not sure how Stanley would react.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Man, I hope not. The implied value of the gems under GK makes it pretty darn valuable.
    I guess it might depend on the value of the city or units or whatever are calculated. If the gems inside the volcano were counted in the city's value and there were too many gems, then GK wouldn't be chosen. OTOH, if the cash you get for razing it were used instead, Charlescomm might get several of GK's cities.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2015-12-07 at 08:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Show

Spoiler: definition?
    Show
    Thanks! But what does it mean? I wonder.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie View Post
    Spoiler: definition?
    Show
    Thanks! But what does it mean? I wonder.
    Spoiler: Definition
    Show
    It's a type of Russian rifle.

A brand which was used to shoot Doc Brown in back to the future. Doc Brown, who appears in panel four of this comic.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2015-12-07 at 10:34 PM.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Show

A brand which was used to shoot Doc Brown in back to the future. Doc Brown, who appears in panel four of this comic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooo, good eye. Perhaps that's one of the bystanders that gets hit when the Archon tripods open fire?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Charlie's Spoils
    Show
    He may not have gotten anything besides the money just yet. Charlie might have a pop up window asking him what unit/assets he wants to claim to make up the difference, which he might not be able to select while he's knocked offline like this. Either way, it's definitely a sword hanging over GK right now, so it's probably the subject in the next page or two.

16. - Top - End - #166

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Show

Thank you! great eye!
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zalabim View Post
    Spoiler: Charlie's Spoils
    Show
    He may not have gotten anything besides the money just yet. Charlie might have a pop up window asking him what unit/assets he wants to claim to make up the difference, which he might not be able to select while he's knocked offline like this. Either way, it's definitely a sword hanging over GK right now, so it's probably the subject in the next page or two.
    Yes, I was thinking that Charlie depends on having tons of information while he makes decisions, so he might wait to be reconnected to the arcendish before making any decisions. If he's smart, he'll take any remaining GK goblins twolls. That would hurt GKs ability to copy the guns.

In addition to the heavy machine guns mounted on tripods, it looked like two of the Archons were carrying RPKs (light machine guns based off the Kalashnikov design). I think they were told to "get on the vault doors." Maybe they will be the ones to open fire rather than the tripods if the idea is to shoot Doc Brown with a Kalashnikov. Here is a link for anyone not remembering the scene from the movie. I think Doc Brown in the comic was dressed more the way he was in Back to the Future 2, but I might have forgotten him dressing that way in the original movie.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2015-12-08 at 11:02 AM. Reason: changed gobwins to twolls

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Yes, I was thinking that Charlie depends on having tons of information while he makes decisions, so he might wait to be reconnected to the arcendish before making any decisions. If he's smart, he'll take any remaining GK goblins. That would hurt GKs ability to copy the guns.
    I don't think GK has any gobwins whatsoever. The tribal system works as if each tribe was an independent side, and the gobwins appear to have pledged their loyalty to Charlie (as of Binding Arbitration). The Hobgobwins as well. As you can see, when Vurp turned, the other Hobs turned instantly - as if the tribe had switched it's allegiances to Charlie. Without any natural allies, it's impossible to pop more. Not to mention that if Gobwin Knob had any more gobwins or hobgobwins, the Juggle Elves (being elves) would have refused to form an alliance.
    Last edited by Marcelinari; 2015-12-08 at 09:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sorry, I was conflating the Twolls with the Gobwins. (Not enough coffee, I guess.) I'm assuming that the Twolls' fabrication abilities would allow GK to duplicate the guns Lilith threw through the portal. If Charlie took all the Twolls, GK probably couldn't fabricate the weapons. That could be wrong if some of the Juggle Elves have natural fabrication, but I doubt their quality control would be very good. GK could pop more Twolls, too, but loosing their existing Twolls would probably slow them down.

But yes, you are right. GK has no Gobwins or Hobgobwins anymore.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2015-12-08 at 11:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry, I was conflating the Twolls with the Gobwins. (Not enough coffee, I guess.) I'm assuming that the Twolls' fabrication abilities would allow GK to duplicate the guns Lilith threw through the portal. If Charlie took all the Twolls, GK probably couldn't fabricate the weapons. That could be wrong if some of the Juggle Elves have natural fabrication, but I doubt their quality control would be very good. GK could pop more Twolls, too, but loosing their existing Twolls would probably slow them down.

But yes, you are right. GK has no Gobwins or Hobgobwins anymore.

Twoll's fabrication is implied to be strictly of a non-magical capacity. We've seen Zhopa make a picnic basket, Bogroll make an armor breastplate, and some other minor, non-magical stuff.

Dollamancy is what was involved in making the guns, and so long as Ace Hardware still walks and talks, he'll be the one to do the reverse engineering on the guns.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Fabrication is Natural Dollamancy.

That said, if guns are magical weapons, Twolls probably can't Fabricate them.

Although if you'll remember, Bogroll was the one who put together Parson's sword from the three Stupid Meal prizes.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2015-12-08 at 01:45 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Maybe the Twolls could at least fabricate the parts, then Ace makes the gun work? The production rate might be much greater than what Ace could accomplish by himself.

23. - Top - End - #173

Part of the reason that guns are such a big deal may be that they aren't magical weapons.** Ace already knows how to make a magic item that fires a projectile, but guns presumably aren't limited in the ways that shockamancy bracers are. Guns likely don't require the same juice to construct, don't have whatever the natural limitations of shockamancy are, etc.

That said, even if they're non-magic, I see why you'd still want a good dollamancer to make guns. In stupidworld, guns require a much higher degree of precision to craft properly than baskets or chairs. Twolls may just not be skillful enough to get the job done.

So, maybe Ace will train some twolls personally. Or maybe, as eschmenk suggests, they can be used to fabricate some of the materials--but Ace will be responsible for the precision work.

(**Of course, there's nothing I can see to stop someone from making magic guns if they wanted, just as you could make a magic sword. A gun you never have to reload would be useful. I can't remember--do we know if quivers of arrows run out in Erfworld? I'm guessing that bottomless quivers are a function of having the archery special?)
    Last edited by Bird; 2015-12-08 at 03:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    I can't remember--do we know if quivers of arrows run out in Erfworld? I'm guessing that bottomless quivers are a function of having the archery special?)
    Ammo is a thing, one of the text updates during the battle for spacerock had the decrypted archer warlady using a hobgobwin to recover arrows for her. I think it was a hob anyway, it was someone.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Ammo is a thing, one of the text updates during the battle for spacerock had the decrypted archer warlady using a hobgobwin to recover arrows for her. I think it was a hob anyway, it was someone.
    You are probably thinking of Lady Sylvia and a Hobgobwin named Fud, although the arrows were really for Captain Archer. But yes, the arrows were a limited resource there.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2015-12-08 at 09:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

How close to the 30 full turns expiration of the Declaration of Non-Agression are we?

If Charlescomm takes GK, are The Tool and his Juggle Elves close enough to recapture it before it can be garrisoned effectively?
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

New one is up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, guess we know what 'material damage' is.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Seems pretty obvious what Charlie has chosen as his spoils, as I know what I'd choose in his position.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Parson
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    history's worst MLP cosplay.
    Custom Class

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stegyre View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seems pretty obvious what Charlie has chosen as his spoils, as I know what I'd choose in his position.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Parson
    Spoiler
    Show
    That could be interesting, but seems iffy. Why build all those characters?

If that happens - Parson takes the gun and shoots everyone there, causing more than 160 mil worth of damage. We know he can disobey orders.

Personally, I see Wanda as better prize. Ability to decrypt Archons would make Charlie a way more formidable threat. And Wanda was set as the villain all this time. Opposite is - Charlie gets parson sticks him in an air tight vault or summarily executing him?

Point is moot anyway: It's possible that Parson, Wanda and Tool have more than 500,000 Shmuckers worth.
    Last edited by -D-; 2015-12-11 at 01:11 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, we all knew that signing that contract was a bad idea...
    Do I contradict myself?

Spoiler
    Show