New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Entirely Custom System [Survival Horror]

I produced this about 2 years ago, before I knew about All-Flesh-Must-Be-Eaten and similar, the only systems I was aware of where BESM and D&D, and then only played AD&D. I later borrowed quite a bit from 3, obviously.
    Well, I still have all my design notes on it, and I have updated it since then, reviewed it, etc.
    It's made to be quick and to the point, however, since all my DMing for it was in my head I really don't have a DM guide for it yet. It may come later, it may not.
    anyways:
    The Main Module/System
    Character Sheet
    Zombie Addon thing
    If you want to do anything for this, ask.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Entirely Custom System [Survival Horror]

Heh, well done on completing your system. Did you play it much?
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, I had 5 separate games with it, though none lasted too long. The first was a test session of the original I made, this went badly. The 2nd was a modified version of the original that went pretty smoothly.
    The 3rd was a small campaign that lasted a few sessions. It went decent at first, however, showed a few difficult complications with the system; so I rewrote most of it.
    The 4th was a single session over the internet with a friend that went pretty smoothly, it let me set up a few balances to the system, modify and make a few things, etc.
    The 5th went extremely well, though with a couple hiccups when a few too many max rolls occurred in a row. This game only lasted 3 sessions.
    The special thanks are those who played in the campaigns.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. I play Zombies on and off, the add ons to which tend towards a more RPG type game, but I have never got round to playing an actual full on Survival Zombie Horror RPG. This is quite a nice system to have, even if it's just to draw ideas out of. Thanks for posting it up.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)