New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Fun with Enlarge Person

Here's a good one for you. It might come up in a Forum Game later and I need to prepare:

I have a character with the ability Swallow Whole and the ability to cast Transmutation spells. Also, I have Gape of the Serpent (allows me to swallow creatures equal to my size). Let's say, I cast Enlarge Person to alter my size from Small to Medium. Then I attack, grapple and swallow a medium-sized creature. It is now trapped inside me until Enlarge Person wears off.

Question: What happens to me and what happens to the swallowed creature? And what happens if the swallowed creature was able to escape my stomach again?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fun with Enlarge Person

What do you mean? If Enlarge Person wears off before the creature dies/escapes, then it'd no longer be a valid target for you to swallow, so I'd rule that it would be auto-ejected. Talk to your DM, as he may have different ideas because it's a magical space rather than your actual stomach.

If the creature dies, then it's dead and you begin digesting it.

Other than that, I'm afraid I've missed the confusing part of the problem. If I didn't answer your question adequately, please explain what I missed.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Keep in mind that enlarge person won't work on you unless you're a Humanoid.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2007-06-05 at 04:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think this has been discussed before and in reality, I think the swallower takes some sort of damage equivalent to the rupturing of vital organs if the victim is still alive. The victim does no shrink.