Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 307
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Brin
    35/35
    21 AC (includes +2 from Blessing of Fervor)
    Active effect: Blessing of Fervor, type IV (6 rounds remaining--assuming she cast it 1 rd before combat began)


    Brin whirls around before the last echoes of the thunderstone finish bouncing around off the mad stone angles of the of the tower, temple, and Irespan vaulting above them all. Rico's charge might not have ended in blood, but breaking that illusion was vital indeed. That Xanesha coudl summon up such a thing, fool them all so completely with so brazen a lie, was beyond troubling. Brin tries very hard not to think through the implications.

    Better to focus on the enemies at hand, anyway. The faceless ones had given them enough trouble in their previous clashes; she couldn't afford to take them lightly. Then there was the ogre-sized mound of meat with them.

    "Lady, please show them the light." Brin asks with a smirk as she fishes a pinch of silver dust and a flake of flint from a pouch at her belt.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Burst of Radiance on faceless stalker #1, please. It should catch all the baddies on the field (yes, I know it won't work on a flesh golem, but Brin didn't make that check!

    (5d4)[16] damage to evil creatures, no save

    (1d4)[3] round of blindness or, with a successful DC 15 Ref save, Dazzled
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2016-01-22 at 04:21 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Brin casts Burst of Radiance


    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex saves: (+4 to saving throws made to resist attacks or effects that target the senses)
    (1d20+8)[9] - failed
    (1d20+8)[17] - passed


    Brin clenches the spell components in her fist, feeling the flinty whisper of silver on the flint before flinging out her arm in a gesture of power. The three minions crouching at the base of the Shadow Clock are immediately engulfed in a great burst of white light so dazzling that those of you gazing in that direction are forced to shield your eyes from the spires as best you can.

    The display only lasts for a second or two. As the light fades, all you experience are ghostly afterimages dancing in your vision that are quickly dispelled by the cold slap of rain on your forehead and cheeks. Over by the tower, it would seem that one of Faceless Stalkers has been stricken by the spell, haplessly flailing its now blackened limbs and moaning aloud. Its companions don't seem to have been as badly affected, however. While the other Stalker shudders and stretches its smoking arms, the big fleshbarrel seems to have escaped entirely unscathed. It slowly turns its puffy face towards yours, a maniacal grin stretching slowly behind the tangle of loose wire that sews its lips shut.

    FS1 is now Blinded for 3 rounds.

    *****

    Red
    HP 55/55
    AC 25 (includes +4 from potion of Mage Armour)
    BoF: increase speed by 30 feet


    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: drink P of MA

    Move: C6
    Attack: (1d20+11)[31]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[6]
    Confirm Critical - Attack: (1d20+11)[17], Damage: (1d4+4)[8] - missed


    The other Setsuna hadn't been real. Thank Cayden for that. Red wasn't sure what she would have done if she had to fight seriously when her body was more concerned with telling her that doing the sex with Setsuna would be really nice.

    That big... meat-thing. That was definitely real. That one, she had to fight seriously.

    The knowledge that Chanda was here and the certainty that she was watching weighs uncomfortably at the back of Red's mind as she fumbles for the clay flask she'd purchased only a while go. She'd managed to make Chanda see that she wasn't a weakling anymore, in that fight. But that was yesterday. This was today. And Red did not want to die. Not in front of Chanda.

    The potion is unpleasantly sticky and requires some coughing to get all of it down. Red wasn't sure she actually felt any different. But this was supposed to give her the same shield protection thing that Setsuna was always using.

    Not looking around, with kukris in hand, Red takes a shuddering breath and sprints towards the meat-thing. The rain has churned the packed earth around the Shadow Clock into a shallow mixture of mud and gravel, but Red feels oddly buoyant, her feet skimming the ground with unusual lightness. Skirting around the meat-thing, Red quickly scans its flank with a practiced eye before hacking down at its rags right about where she guessed its hip joint would be.

    Hitting the meat-thing was like hitting a wall of solid stone. Her kukri barely manages to score the meat-thing's flesh before there is the metallic zing of the blade screeching in protest along wire. Falling back, Red shakes her wet hair out of her eyes, staring down at her blade in panic before glancing tremulously upwards, her eyes meeting that of the meat-thing's.

    The meat-thing was big. It stank worse than a midden. Its shriveled head leers down at her, a hoarse rattle rumbling in its throat as the crimson light in its sunken sockets glows with malevolent brightness. In its sodden paw (why hadn't she spotted it just now?), it clutches a rickety scythe with a rusting sickle blade almost as long as Red was tall.

    This was not going well. Not at all.

    *****

    FS1 - blinded

    Spoiler
    Show
    Holding action


    The Stalker that had been struck blind by Brin remains where it is, gibbering sobs issuing from its throat as it tries to grope the air around it, unable to sense where it ought to go.

    *****

    FS2

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to E8, Readied attack action against anyone who attacks FS1 or the Scarecrow


    It is uncertain whether aberrations like Faceless Stalkers are capable of commiseration or such feelings of loyalty. Nevertheless, the other Stalker scuttles closer to its companion, a notched longsword drawn and at the ready for the next one of you to close in combat.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF
    17 - FS1 - blinded, holding action
    17 - FS2 - readied action
    > 16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - ... is around somewhere
    8 - Naya - BoF
    6 - Scarecrow


    It is now Setsuna's turn.


    *****

    Combat Map
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Setsuna
    HP 46/46
    AC 30
    Miss Chance: 89%
    (6 mirror images, blur for 12 more rounds)

    With Rico charging in and revealing her risque duplicate to be nothing more than an illusion, Setsuna snarls and quickly calls out another spell, blurring the bodies of her and her sextuple clones. I'll have to deal with Xanesha when she shows herself, but for now Red needs help!

    Turning her attention to the flesh golem and ignoring its faceless stalker allies the tiefling rushes in to meet it head-on. I can block its attacks better than she can, as long as it is focused on me, it can not hurt anyone, and as long as my defensive spells are up, it cannot touch me! Steeling herself in the face of the monstrosity, she lunges forward, slashing at it with all her strength as Maethilur flares with a brilliant orange flame. "I will deal with this construct until the real enemy stops hiding!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bonus Action: Extended Blur (Blessing of Fervor's last option, 6 rounds left on BoF, 13 on blur)

    Regular turn:

    Arcane Pool, +2 to Mae, making her a +4 weapon and overcoming DR/Adamantine
    Black Blade Arcane Pool, Mae is doing pure fire damage this round, rather than slashing (does that trigger the slow effect or does it have to be a spell?)

    +2 Atk/AC BoF (5 rounds remain)
    Charge to E7 to hit the golem (provokes from FS2) (1d20+19)[27]
    Damage (1d8+9)[16] fire damage
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Rico
    *placeholder


    The thunderstone arcs from Rico's gauntleted fist towards the false Setsuna. At its apex, the halforc constable crouches behind her shield, sword already half-drawn, preparing to pounce.

    TSCHWAAAAOOOMM!
    TOOOOM!
    KOOOM!
    PDUUM!


    The ear-bursting weapon explodes, sending shockwaves rippling in that benighted part of town. Even the rain in their immediate area seems to slacken, blown out, for the briefest instant.

    Rico emerges from behind the cover of the Fist of Fox, ready to tear into their tormentor...

    ...only to find nothing there. Her ears flatten and she snarls her frustration, casting about but finding nothing.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Setsuna


    Spoiler
    Show
    FS2's Readied Action
    Attack: (1d20+8)[15] +2 flanking for 17, Damage: (1d8+4)[6]


    Setsuna's arrival is a timely one. Just as the flesh golem begins to creakily raise its bulging paw in an attempt to maul Red, the tiefling dashes in like an avenging angel, her black blade blazing bright. Smiting the flesh golem on the back, Setsuna has the satisfaction of watching as the licking flame devours both ragged sack coverings and putrefying flesh alike, leaving a deep, smoking gash carved into the creature's back.

    To her right, the second Stalker does its best to slice at Setsuna's shins, but merely ends up swiping fruitlessly at one of the mirror images, much to its frustration.

    The Scarecrow is now slowed for (2d6)[5] rounds.

    *****

    Chanda

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+15)[34] (includes +2 charge, +2 BoF), Damage: (1d6+2)[7] + cold damage (1d6)[2] + Sneak Attack (4d6)[11] + Bleeding Attack 4 per round (Heal DC15 to stop bleeding)
    Confirm Critical - Attack: (1d20+15)[25] (includes +2 charge, +2 BoF), Damage: (1d6+2)[4] + cold damage (1d6)[5]

    FS1's holding action
    Attack: (1d20+2)[19], Damage: (1d6+2)[4]
    If hit, 1 for hit, 2 for miss (1d2)[2]
    Attack: (1d20+2)[17], Damage: (1d6+2)[5]
    If hit, 1 for hit, 2 for miss (1d2)[2]


    With Setsuna's mocking challenge still echoing off the pillars of the Irespan and the walls of the Shadow Clock, not to mention the spectacle of seven angry tiefling copies assaulting the flesh golem, each brandishing their own fiery sword, it is difficult to spot Chanda as she glides wraith-like over the ground. Which was just how Chanda preferred it herself.

    She doesn't bother with challenges or trading of barbs. If there is fear in her eyes, it is impossible to discern it from behind her night goggles. Moving with the fluid grace of a dancer, her footsteps impossible to hear over the patter of rain, Chanda barely slows as she nears the blinded Stalker. Dodging the windmill of its swinging arms, she ducks low and with a practiced flick of the wrist, drives her rapier straight into the Stalker's belly.

    For a second, nothing happens. Then, as Chanda twists and yanks out the blade at an angle, the Stalker jerks and shudders, a thin mewling cry emanating from its wrinkled face as it clutches helplessly at the ragged hole in its body, viscera frosted with rime already beginning to spill forth.

    If there is triumph in Chanda's eyes, it is impossible to discern this either. Her face is impassive, carved from stone as she watches the Stalker's spasms of agony in silence.

    FS1 is now taking 4 bleed damage per round.

    *****

    Rico is on the other side of the map, getting madder! Cue the RAGE.

    *****

    Xanesha

    With most of you preoccupied with the flesh golem and the Stalkers, perhaps only Rico and Naya are left to spot the horned apparition that abruptly shimmers into being mid-air just several feet from the sylph's head.

    There is no one among you who has not heard of the succubus in legend - that bat-winged demoness of honeyed tongue and thighs - or at least seen the depiction of one in some bawdy epistolary or a more academic encyclopedia. The grinning cloven-hoofed form now hovering over Naya, coiling her sinuous tail about her leather-girded thighs like a whip, is most definitely one of those. You might not have been expecting her face to bear an uncanny resemblance to Chanda's lean and scowling visage - but given how Xanesha has already managed to mimic Setsuna so well, perhaps that is no big surprise after all.

    "Such vain boasts from the little tiefling." The effect of hearing Chanda's usually acerbic cant softened into a sultry purr is distinctly jarring, but for those closest to the succubus, the voice is as warm breath in the hollow of your neck, sending quivers down your spine. "She herself certainly was not hiding how much she enjoyed having me just a while ago. The untouched. So eager to open themselves to me..." For a moment, the demoness's knowing eyes linger on Naya's, a brazen fire smouldering within them that sends a flush of warmth to the sylph's face like brandy on a warm night.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF
    17 - FS1 - blinded, bleeding
    17 - FS2
    16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - ... is around somewhere
    > 8 - Naya - BoF
    6 - Scarecrow - slowed


    It is now Naya's turn.


    *****

    Combat Map
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Naya
    HP 24/24
    AC 18, Touch 17, FF 11 (Incl. +2 from BoF)
    BoF: +2 Attack, AC, Ref, 6 rounds remaining

    In the short few seconds, Naya has to change her decision twice; at first, she gets ready to command the shurikens floating in front of her to follow Rico's thrown stone, but as the image of Setsuna proves to be just that, an image, sylph quickly turns around to take care of the stalker who, having endured through Brin's spell, now threatens to add more danger to Setsuna, Chanda and Red's battle with the giant golem. But as Setsuna's magical defences prove every bit as affective as they look, Xanesha makes Naya change her mind again, by appearing most unwelcome roght besides her...

    "And you used it to betray her!" Naya yells as the succubus boasts of the easiness with which she seduced Setsuna. The next moment, with a wave of a blue-skinned sorceress's hand the full quartet of small flying sparks speeds towards the demon...

    Spoiler: Standard action
    Show
    Throw 4 shurikens at Xanesha
    (1d20+10)[15] vs Touch, damage (1d8)[7]
    (1d20+10)[15] vs Touch, damage (1d8)[1]
    (1d20+10)[28] vs Touch, damage (1d8)[3]
    (1d20+10)[27] vs Touch, damage (1d8)[4]

    ...only to watch the succubus's visage dissipate again, pierced by the small missiles.

    "Another illusion? You idiot..."
    she chastices herself, Demons aren't harmed by lightning anyway!

    But that realisation leaves only one possible target for her - well, two targets; and taking a step towards the furious fight, she raises both hands and launches a bolt of lightning from either at the stalkers. The less distractions her friends will have, the faster a golem will cease being a problem...

    Spoiler: Round
    Show
    5-foot step to the north
    Shocking Ray at both Stalkers.
    Against FS1: (1d20+10)[23] vs. Touch, damage (4d6)[18]
    Against FS2: (1d20+10)[30] vs. Touch, damage (4d6)[9]
    Confirmation [12], damage [19] in OOC
    Last edited by jamieth; 2016-01-25 at 03:46 AM.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

    Extended signature

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Rico,
    Blessing of Fervor [Option I] +2 30speed
    +2 Ref
    HP 56/56
    AC 24/22 (+2 BoF)


    Hold... hold... She WANTS you to charge. Yer like a bull bein' led around by a gaddem matador!

    Rico squints through the haze of the rain pattering over her hat's brim. Her gaze narrows even more as she sees the unhallowed beast that finally shows its wretched face.

    ...but a simple slash is cheaper than these damned magicks-inna-bottle. Tch. Frakking fiends.

    Almost without knowing it, she'd already begun jogging towards her prey. The jog turns into a trot. The trot into a charge that casts floodwater and mud-muck high.

    She prepares a punch with the Fist of Fox, then lashes out in a backhanded broadside once she comes in contact with the foul fiend...

    ...but hits only a mere phantom once again. With the speed she'd built and the rain-slick road, her boots slip, sending her carooming down the path. She pounds the pavement, arms windmilling in an almost comedic manner to regain her balance, eventually skidding to a stop in the shadow of the hulking monstrosity presently bleeding from Red's knifework.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Charge to M11
    Knockdown
    (1d20+13)[17]+4 from Ranger bonus
    Damage:6+4, plus Prone, if successful


    Amend!
    Proceed to D9, but with slapstick comedy.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2016-01-25 at 06:57 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Brin
    35/35
    19 AC
    Active effect: Blessing of Fervor, type III, extra attack (5 rounds remaining)


    "Tss, another fraud." Brin hisses as Naya's magic puts the lie to another illusion. Still, her bow was ready and her hand already grasping an arrow from her quiver. No reason not to put it to use against some actual flesh-and-blood targets.

    "We'll see how far your scheme gets when you're all dead, you clay-faced freaks!"
    She shouts, pumping a stream of arrows into the nearest faceless stalker. Xanesha might be the immediate threat, but Brin hadn't forgotten the sinister plans of those rubbery fiends.

    Spoiler
    Show
    3 shots at FS2, since I have a clear shot at it, using rapid shot and the extra attack ability from Blessing of Fervor.

    (1d20+8)[23]
    (1d8+1)[7]

    (1d20+8)[22]
    (1d8+1)[4]

    (1d20+8)[27]
    (1d8+1)[4]
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2016-01-25 at 07:35 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Naya


    Having neglected to cast an elementary cantrip to ascertain the true nature of the succubus, Naya can only watch helplessly as her first volley of sparking shurikens goes to waste. The merest crackle of the first forked bolt is sufficient to blast the succubus's left arm away, causing it to dissipate like smoke into thin air. By the time the rest of her projectiles come hurtling by, there is precious little left of the succubus to attack, save for wisps of dove grey vapour that are rapidly rent apart by the rain.

    Naya's second attack goes rather much more successfully. With one Stalker trying to menace Setsuna while the other is blinded and busy preventing its guts from leaving the cavity of its body, the two creatures are far too preoccupied to even attempt a dodge. As a result, the sylph's vengeful blast takes them both by surprise, leaving them twitching in spasms as the electric current surges through their gnarled bodies.

    *****

    The Scarecrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+13)[21], Damage: (2d6+8)[20]

    Berserk? (1d100)[3] - There was a 5% chance of this happening. What are the odds!


    The flesh golem, despite the huge gash in its back, doesn't seem to notice that it is being sliced at in the rear by an angry katana-wielding tiefling. Its piggy eyes remain fixed on Red's tiny form, a thin thread of spittle spooling from its cross-stitched lips as it brings its massive scythe to bear, seeming to strain under its own ponderous bulk before abruptly lurching forward with frightening speed, the scythe gleaming like a guillotine blade...

    The tip of the scythe bites several inches deep into the mud with an ominous chunk as Red darts aside, unscathed for now. This only seems to confuse the golem, however, as it peers at the ground and roots in the moist dirt with its stubby feet, as if expecting to find Red's skull split open like a melon there.

    "RRRRRRGHARRRRRRR!!!"

    You've not heard a flesh golem's roar before and you don't wish to hear it again any time soon. The guttural sound is like a mix of boar, fog horn and banshee all at once, and it grates on your ears with all the force of someone raking fingernails down a chalkboard. Apparently infuriated by its failure to skewer Red, the golem begins to shudder as if shaking off fleas, lashing its head from side to side and beating its meaty fists against the ground with such force that the array of pumpkins that it wears knotted around its belt jiggle to and fro with alarming violence.

    The Scarecrow is now in berserk mode.

    *****

    Brin

    The Stalker nearest to Setsuna barely has time to recover from being zapped by Naya before Brin peppers it with arrows in what could passably be described as its face. Jerked backwards by the impact, the Stalker lunges askance in agony, one paw already reaching up and clawing at the arrows in an attempt to remove them.

    *****

    Red

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[19], Damage: (1d4+4)[8]
    Attack: (1d20+9)[18], Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Attack: (1d20+4)[7], Damage: (1d4+4)[5]
    Attack: (1d20+4)[9], Damage: (1d4+4)[8]
    plus SA damage: (2d6)[7] 2d6)[8] (2d6)[5] (2d6)[7]

    BoF extra attack - Attack: (1d20+9)[28], Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Confirm Critical - Attack: (1d20+9)[13], Damage: (1d4+4)[5] - not critical
    plus SA damage: (2d6)[6]


    Her heart pounding painfully against her ribs from the near miss, Red clenches her teeth together, trying to stop her hands from trembling and the churning, cold pit growing in her gut. She didn't have time for this.

    I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid...

    The rainwater runs down her cheeks, her soaked tunic clinging to her skin. Just a few steps away, the meat-thing is howling and smashing its fists against the ground like it is going mad, clods of dirt flying into the air, the pumpkins on its belt looking as if they might detach at any moment. What if it hit her with those big paws? Or the scythe?

    It was also distracted. She had a chance-

    Her body moves before Red quite knows what she is doing, but instinct tells her from the instant her breath hisses raggedly between her teeth that she's made a mistake in not waiting. True enough, despite the desperate flurry of her arms, not one blow makes it through the barrier of wildly swinging arms, her kukris glancing off brick-hard flesh...

    All but one. Whatever it was that Brin had called on her goddess to grant, it is making Red a little faster than normal. In despair, Red makes one last lash out, raking one of her kukris along the meat-thing's arm with enough force to pop out one of the metal staples holding it together.

    *****

    FS1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+2)[7], Damage: (1d6+2)[5]
    Attack: (1d20+2)[6], Damage: (1d6+2)[5]


    Still reeling from Chanda's attack on it, the blinded and now half-eviscerated Stalker lurches clumsily at Chanda, trying to bat her across the face. Needless to say, it fails miserably, swiping at the rain with its back to the thief.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF
    17 - FS2
    > 16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    17 - FS1 - blinded, bleeding
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - ... is around somewhere
    8 - Naya - BoF
    6 - Scarecrow - slowed for 4 more rounds, berserk


    It is now Setsuna's turn.


    *****

    Combat Map
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2016-01-26 at 10:12 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Setsuna
    HP 46/46
    AC 30
    Miss Chance: 89% (6 mirror images, blur for 11 more rounds)


    As Mae's fire burns the rotting flesh, even in the downpour, Setsuna can feel its movements slowing. "It is weakened! Hit it now, before it can recover," she cries out, only for half of it to be drowned out by the golem's mighty roar.

    Realizing that, slowed or not, an enraged golem was a horrifying threat and a danger to everyone in Magnimar if left to roam and rampage, the tiefling redoubles her attacks. No time to disarm it, I have to attack swiftly and slice it to pieces! Staying true to her thoughts, she concentrates briefly and makes a flurry of attacks, her natural speed hastened by Brin's divine aid as she slices into the construct with as much force as she can muster.

    Spoiler
    Show

    5 rounds left on BoF, using the bonus attack this round.

    Attack 1 (BoF) (1d20+13)[19]
    Damage (1d8+9)[10] (overcomes DR /Adamantine)

    Attack 2 (Spell Combat) (1d20+13)[31]
    Damage (1d8+9)[15] (overcomes DR /Adamantine)

    Concentration to cast Arcane Mark defensively (1d20+11)[31] (DC 16)
    If successful;
    Attack 3 (Spell Combat -> Spellstrike) (1d20+13)[14]
    Damage (1d8+9)[11] (overcomes DR /Adamantine)
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Setsuna and FS2


    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+10)[21], Damage: (1d8+4)[7]


    With her black blade synergised to deal maximum woe to the flesh golem, Setsuna is able to do with Red cannot - break effectively through the creature's defences. As the golem ploughs its stubby feet into the ground and jerks its head backwards, screeching fit to wake the dead, Setsuna manages to land at least one devastating blow to the golem's side.

    This time, she hacks away a huge chunk of meat from its torso, causing it to careen dangerously to one side as it suddenly goes off-balance, unable to support its massive shoulders square on. By contrast, on Setsuna's flank, the Stalker's furious swordwork is unable to pick out the true form of the tiefling, flurrying uselessly at the mirror images that flicker in and out of sight like smoke on water.

    *****

    Chanda

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+13)[18] (includes +2 BoF), Damage: (1d6+2)[7] + cold damage (1d6)[4] + Sneak Attack (4d6)[22] + Bleeding Attack 4 per round


    Chanda, for her part, doesn't give the blinded Stalker a chance to recover from Brin's arrow to the face. Within seconds, she sets upon the Stalker once more, sweeping in and dealing it a swift thrust to the brain before it has time to muster even the most feeble of defenses.

    Black ichor drips from the hole bored in the Stalker's head, hardening in dark rivulets that snake down the side of the glowing blue blade. Yanking her blade out of the Stalker's dead with a practiced, cold efficiency, Chanda seems to sneer, her lip twisted and her chin thrust out as it crumples to the ground with a wet thack.

    FS1 is now dead.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF
    17 - FS2
    16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    > 13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - ... is around somewhere
    8 - Naya - BoF
    6 - Scarecrow - slowed for 4 more rounds, berserk


    It is now Rico's turn.


    *****

    Combat Map is the same as the last post.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Rico,
    Blessing of Fervor [Option I] +30speed
    +2 Ref
    HP 56/56
    AC 22/22


    As she barges through yet another illusion, the strange and sinister screeching and screaming roar of the foe batters at her flattening ears. Rico raises her shield in a vain bid to hold back the waves of arcane agony.

    She grits her teeth and forces one foot in front of the other, striding resolutely towards yet another avatar of madness.

    ...and purposely tries not to think of the brass-and-leather bound small-but-definitely-not-any-mere-flask amphorae just behind her massive shield.

    "Trafficking. In. Unlicensed. Constructs. With. Harmful. Intent." The orcblood constable grinds through the pain even as her long strides eat up the mud-caked yards between her and her quarry. Her and her embattled comrades. And then she growls, "GUILTY!"

    Panting, snarling as she finds herself in the abomination's shadow, she grates out, "Y'all! Strike... an' GEDD BAHKK!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Move Move Move to D9!
    FLANK!
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Run, Rico, run!

    *****

    Xanesha

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mirror Image: (1d4+4)[6]

    Attack: (1d20+17)[29], Damage: (1d8+8)[9] and Sneak Attack (1d6)[3]


    Having to shoot in the midst of a downpour at night might have daunted a lesser archer, but not Brin. Her aim remains admirably steady, sighting down at the Faceless Stalkers through the dark and the driving rain, two fingers always crooked and poised at the waxed string of her bow.

    Brin wasn't the sort to give up - not for as long as she had a target that she could see. Unfortunately, a target that she couldn't see was precisely what was about to hit her.

    There is no warning, no chance to dodge. The only sign that Brin has of something gone dreadfully wrong is the sudden spurt of searing pain along the side of her neck, as if some fiery talon had dug deep and raked through in an attempt to rip out her throat.

    The burning pain makes it difficult to breathe, let alone cry a warning to the others. As blood seeps from the gaping wound, stinging and warm as it soaks into Brin's collar and cloak, the elf manages to stagger around to confront her attacker, only to find herself facing not one but seven of her.

    It must be a trick of the eye, likely the same defensive spell that Setsuna was using. All the same, the sight of even one of the creatures is frightful enough. For despite the comely feminine shape under the glittering mail that covers its humanoid torso, the rest of the creature from the hips down is at least twenty feet of writhing serpent, powerful coiled muscle covered in layer upon layer of gleaming bronze scales. Nor is the creature's face any delight to behold. Though the soaked waves of raven hair and the full pouting lips poised above a chiseled chin hint at ravishing beauty, the golden mask that obscures the rest of the face is most hideous indeed, glowing green lens contorted in an expression of intense pain while the twisted bodies of snakes radiate from a scarlet gemstone upon the brows. In its hand, the creature hefts a spear identical to the one that you'd seen the false Setsuna carry earlier on - only that this time, the wide-bladed barb at its tip drips with Brin's blood.

    All this time, you'd figured that it was a succubus that you were facing. But Xanesha, it would seem, is no succubus but a lamia. Worse still - as the serpentine half of her body makes clear - she is a lamia matriarch - born a queen of a cruel and capricious race that knows nothing but how to devour morning and night.

    Xanesha is no longer invisible.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF
    17 - FS2
    16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - Mirror Image and possibly other buffs
    > 8 - Naya - BoF
    6 - Scarecrow - slowed for 4 more rounds, berserk


    It is now Naya's turn.


    *****

    Combat Map
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Naya
    HP 24/24
    AC 18 (Touch 17, FF11), including +2 from BoF
    BoF: +2 Attack, Dodge, Ref, 5 rounds left.


    "In Shelyn's name... I see now why you hide your true image..." a shocked sylph mutters as thyeir enemy reveals herself - and yet the creatures's appearance gives her a glint of hope. She can't tell for sure whether lamias share the same protection that demons - and, for entirely different reasons, Naya herself - enjoy, but there's at least a chance they don't... and, there's even bigger chance the illusions they create don't. At least the "Setsuna" she showed them before dissipated on the slightest hit... biting her lip, the sorceress summons another swarm of miniature sparky missiles, and with a willful gesture sends them forward. After witnessing the result of her spell, Naya hurries towards a spot from which she can better control the flow of the battle, able to reach both fights equally easy if needed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spark Shurikens again, attacking Xanesha:
    Shuriken 1:
    Attack: (1d20+10)[23] vs touch, Mirror image (hit real one on a 1): (1d7)[4], Caster level vs. SR (1d20+7)[15], damage (1d8)[1]
    Shuriken 1:
    Attack: (1d20+10)[28] vs touch, Mirror image (hit real one on a 1): (1d7)[1], Caster level vs. SR (1d20+7)[24], damage (1d8)[8]
    Shuriken 1:
    Attack: (1d20+10)[27] vs touch, Mirror image (hit real one on a 1): (1d7)[2], Caster level vs. SR (1d20+7)[19], damage (1d8)[5]
    Shuriken 1:
    Attack: (1d20+10)[12] vs touch, Mirror image (hit real one on a 1): (1d7)[3], Caster level vs. SR (1d20+7)[22], damage (1d8)[2]

    After that, move to H6
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

    Extended signature

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Brin
    23/35 HP
    19 AC
    Active effect: Blessing of Fervor, type I, +30 move speed (4 rounds remaining)


    Brin nearly fall flat at the shock of the blow. He harnd immediately grabs the wound, fingers probing to make sure the important vessels weren't ruptured. They weren't, Lady be praised, but only by a hair's breadth. She staggers away from the serpentine women--the lamia, obviously--carelessly exposing herself to further attacks in her haste to escape.

    Seven? Blood loss must be bad...wait, no...an illusion. Brin orders her thoughts once she's out of the wicked spear's reach. Maybe a spell that didn't need to pick out a target...

    "H-help me, Pharasma! Burn the sight from her eyes!" She rasps, directing another burst of radiant energy to envelop all the Xanesha's swimming in her vision.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to K14 (60' base move from Blessing of fervor), provoking AoO from Xanesha

    Standard Action to cast Burst of Radiance on Xanesha, Ref DC 15 or blind for (1d4)[3] (dazzled if save succeeds)

    (5d4)[10] damage vs evil creatures, no save

    SR? (1d20+7)[9]

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Naya and Brin


    Spoiler
    Show
    Xanesha's AoO - Attack: (1d20+17)[22], Damage: (1d8+8)[15]

    Reflex save: (1d20+17)[26], +4 from mask for 30 - passed


    Brin's panicked attempt to put as much distance between her and the now visible Xanesha goes poorly. For even as Brin turns to flee, the lamia wastes no time at all in rearing back and ramming the weighted butt of the spear into Brin's ribs with such force that the elf can hear the snap of her bones as they crackle and splinter under their meagre covering of chainmail.

    Xanesha's brutality, however, leaves her open to Naya's counterattack. With the seductress who has plagued Magnimar with murders and played so many for fools focusing her attention on the wounded elf, Naya is free to send her signature shurikens hurtling towards her in a flurry of sizzling energy and light. While one whirs harmlessly overhead, the remaining three find their marks, striking three of the Xaneshas in a mad shower of sparks.

    Two of the lamia images instantly shimmer and vanish while the remaining five images lash about in an agony of low hisses and loops - Naya must have struck the real Xanesha, somewhere in there. All the same, there is little cause to celebrate as Brin's retaliatory spell goes awry. Even though the air around Xanesha fills with an almighty burst of divine light mean to sear away the sight of evil-doers, the light doesn't seem to have any effect on Xanesha. If anything, it seems to enrage her, tension radiating throughout the lamia's massive body as she gathers herself into a spiral, ready to spring forth at a moment's notice.

    "Intriguing. So the raven told me true. A sky child, here. You are a long way from home, young one." This time, Xanesha's deathly calm voice belies her clenched body, the low rusty purr of a tiger on the prowl. "Come. Play with me. See if you can stop me before the Scarecrow and I slay all your friends."

    *****

    The Scarecrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+13)[27], Damage: (2d6+8)[19]


    "HRRAGGGH!!! RRRRGHARRRR!!!"

    The flesh golem is much too far from Xanesha to have hear her taunt to Naya. Nor is it apparently amenable to reason in its rage. All the same, as if right on cue, the golem's roars rise to the pitch of a scream as it drives its fist into the ground, sending clods of dirt and gravel flying. Whirling in a frenzy, it begins to lash its heavy limbs wildly about, scattering raindrops, still shrieking as it first clubs Red on the skull with the heel of its scythe, then slashes her right arm open to the bone on the returning swing.

    Please roll your own AoO for the Scarecrow if you wish.

    *****

    Red
    HP 36/55
    AC 25 (includes +4 from potion of Mage Armour)
    BoF: Make one extra attack


    Spoiler
    Show
    +2 to all attacks from flanking bonus
    Attack: (1d20+11)[25], Damage: (1d4+4)[8] + SA (2d6)[6]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[14], Damage: (1d4+4)[5] + SA (2d6)[11]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[10], Damage: (1d4+4)[6] + SA (2d6)[9]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[25], Damage: (1d4+4)[7] + SA (2d6)[9]

    BoF extra - Attack: (1d20+11)[22], Damage: (1d4+4)[7] + SA (2d6)[12]


    Her head was broken. She knew that for sure. Never mind the splitting pain. There was something familiar and warm leaking into the folds of her right ear and it didn't feel like she could close her mouth properly anymore.

    Her head was broken. From a big and sweaty thing who smelled like a dungheap and screamed like a stuck sow that was trying to beat her to death with a big pointy stick. Make her bleed so much that she'd print her face all over the floor. Make her afraid.

    Old news. Her father had practiced on her for years. He'd done his worse. She hadn't died. She was still here. She was still alive.

    If her broken jaw wasn't already swelling into a tumid scarlet mess, Red might have cracked a wan smile, her heart suddenly buoyant as the crushing fear slowly ebbs away. Her head was broken. But she wasn't. She'd survived worse. She could do this, stop the meat-thing.

    Somewhere on the other side of the meat-thing, Red can hear Rico huffing and shouting. But somewhere to her right, Red catches the dazzle and flash of magic spells through the rain. Someone must be attacking Naya and Brin. "S-setsuna-a... G-go..." The words come haltingly to her stiffening jaw and Red's voice is little more than a choked croak. She would just have to trust that Setsuna would figure the rest out.

    I'm not afraid.

    Ignoring the growing ache in her head as best she can, Red holds her ground and chops with all her might into the meat-thing's leg, doing her best to hack out as much flesh as she can reach.

    *****

    FS2

    Spoiler
    Show
    Full round action - withdraw


    Visibly shaken by the demise of its companion at Chanda's hands and by the flesh golem being apparently shredded by several unrelenting blades, the remaining Stalker decides that it has had enough.

    "To me! To me! Defend the Mistress!" The Stalker's reedy voice quavers out through the air as it unceremoniously turns tail and dashes towards the tower, doing its best to avoid being struck as it goes.

    Please roll your own AoO for FS2 if you wish - it leaves squares threatened by Setsuna and Naya.

    *****

    Perception DC 20
    Spoiler
    Show
    At first, your eyes flit towards the double doors that the Scarecrow had emerged from, lest reinforcements arrive from that direction. You can see nothing, however, and are about to return your attention back to combat when your ears prick up. There - almost unheard over the screeching of the flesh golem, comes the patter of rocks crumbling and the faint squeak of metal girders under stress from above. Glancing upwards, you can just about make out the silhouettes of two squat horned forms as they take off from the tower above and begin gliding towards towards all of you... Judging from the speed at which they are traveling, they will reach the ground in about sixteen seconds or so.

    Knowledge (nature) DC 14
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're not quite sure at this distance, but something in your gut tells you that these approaching shapes are likely to be gargoyles or something of their ilk - what else would have lurked unseen among statues on a roof?


    *****

    Initiative Order:
    25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF
    17 - FS2
    > 16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - Mirror Image and possibly other buffs
    8 - Naya - BoF
    6 - Scarecrow - slowed for 3 more rounds, berserk


    It is now Setsuna's turn.


    *****

    Combat Map
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Setsuna
    HP 46/46
    AC 30
    Miss Chance: 89% (6 mirror images, blur for 10 more rounds)


    As the Scarecrow goes berserk, Setsuna deftly dodges out of the way of its whirling arms, narrowly evading its swinging scythe only for the blow to connect against Red. "No!" Lashing out at it as it leaves itself exposed, she does everything she can to buy Red a chance to recover. Luckily, despite how powerful the strike seemed, it wasn't enough to fell the rogue. Hells! I can't leave her to fight this thing, but! Shifting her gaze back toward Xanesha and her assault against their exposed back line, it takes every effort of willpower the tiefling has not to immediately rush out to confront her. It's only because of Red's injury that she's able to stay, and when the human tells her to go, she nods, resolved to confront the real villain and trusting her friend to deal with this one. "Destroy this thing!"

    Trusting Red to take care of it, Setsuna takes a brief moment to concentrate, imbuing Maethilur once more with her typical lightning aura as she casts a spell and begins racing away from the Scarecrow and attempting to drive her black blade into Xanesha's waiting bosom. "Leave them alone!"

    Even as she calls out to the lamia, however, she sees something else start to take off from the top of the tower and cries out a warning. "There are more coming, from above!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack of Opportunity;
    Attack (1d20+15)[17]
    Damage (1d8+9)[15] (overcoming DR/Adamantine)

    4 rounds left on BoF +30ft speed

    Casting Thundershock Defensively:
    Concentration Check DC 19 (1d20+11)[30] success; 7 attacks at +1d6+7

    Move to L6 (provoking from scarecrow and possibly Xanesha is that spear has reach)
    Swift Action - Arcane Pool again, swapping +2 over to Shocking Keen (5/7 AP)

    SPELLSTRIKE ATTACK! (1d20+13)[19]
    Damage (1d8+7)[8] slashing (does not overcome DR) + (2d6+7)[15] electric
    Last edited by Desril; 2016-02-01 at 11:51 AM.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Naya
    HP 24/24
    AC 16, Touch 15, FF 11
    BoF: free metamagic (4 rounds left)


    She's hurt! The beast's hurt! Naya's heart almost leaps out of her chest as she hears Xanesha's cry, and the sylph prepares to answer lamia'a taunt with action rather than words - and then Setsuna charges into the monster, her sword again blazing with lightning, and Naya shakes her head, "Play? I would, but there's someone who needs it much more. Get her, Miss Setsuna!"

    With that, she hurries towards the Scarecrow Skirmish, almost instinctively thrusting her staff into the fleeing stalker as she does - and almost loosing her footing as the creature's rubbery skin retorts it with surprising force. Still, it takes her only 3 more steptto stand behind Red and place her hand on the rogue's shoulder.

    This bit of magic, the one she's currently performing, didn't come as naturally to her as winds, lightning and even flight; it took more than one evening spent with Miss Zamirra in dusty libraries before she understood a trick to using the air in this way... but it surely proved useful before, and would hopefully prove useful now.

    As she weves her magic withuot as much as a whisper, the air around Red solidifies, forming a prism, a lens, a construct devised to bend the light and let it flow around the rogue.

    Such constucts are fragile, of course, and would shatter with the first swift motion Red takes... but that motion she would be able to make uninterrupted.

    Spoiler
    Show
    AoO afainst FS rolled in OOC: 5 damage, doesn't overcome DR.

    Move to C5
    Cast Silent Invisibility on Red; 7 minutes, but unlikely to matter since it breaks on attack :-)
    Last edited by jamieth; 2016-02-01 at 12:27 PM.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

    Extended signature

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Rico,
    Flanking
    Blessing of Fervor [Option III] +extra attack
    Rage 01/10, I/III
    HP 56/56 (plus 04/04)
    AC 20/22


    A dozen Setsunas and a dozen Xaneshas battle in the corner of Rico's eye, while Naya's spellcraft whips up a storm. Part of the overall tactical situation, but she shuts out the distraction.

    Rico quiets the pang of pain as she sees and hears and smells the hurts of her comrades.

    She stomps on the bile rising in her throat at the sight of yet another of those Faceless Stalkers up close.

    For the briefest moment, she quails in the shadow of yet another monster, yet another thing-that-must-not-be. She gazes up at the mountain of flesh and hide and arcane apparatus and unhallowed rage. The blood pumps in Rico's temples as, just beyond the murderous mound of meat, her dear friend is cracked a terrible blow.

    Frak the plan. Time ta die, DEMON!

    "Die, ye damned frakker." she grates out and spits into the mud.

    The rain seems to slow as Rico's fist closes upon her sword's hilt, then speeds up once more as she barges into its back with her shield, then rips out her wave-edged broadsword in a vicious draw-cut. Quickly pivoting and pushing off with the Fist of Fox, she then hacks down in a textbook Schietelhau, great vertical slash right down the beast's middle, and, her body afire with a divine fury, hacks deep into the other side of the leg that Red had marked--- then sidesteps, sawing away in an Abschneiden slice...

    ...just as a cavalcade of thunderbolts rumble in the sky above.

    Spoiler
    Show

    AoO!
    (1d20+14)[17]
    (1d10+11)[21]

    Regular attacks
    (1d20+14)[23]
    (1d10+11)[21]
    (1d20+11)[17]
    (1d10+11)[15]

    BoF attack (waaaait, "Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus." Alrighty, then. I guess that cancels the Power Attack penalty.)
    (1d20+14)[22]
    (1d10+11)[14]
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Setsuna

    Spoiler
    Show
    Xanesha's AoO vs Setsuna - Attack: (1d20+17)[23], Damage: (1d8+8)[10]


    Perhaps it is her haste to strike at the enemy that has finally appeared which makes her careless. Or perhaps it is pure anger at how she'd been used so wantonly by Xanesha. Perhaps both. For even as Setsuna deals the flesh golem a parting blow on the shoulder, her blade merely glances off a series of metal staples, failing to rend its flesh. (Not that the hulking creature notices, for it is much too fixated on the plucky red-haired rogue currently stabbing its shins.)

    Likewise for her actual assault on the lamia matriarch. For Setsuna, churning rage narrows her field of vision. It might seem as if the rest of the world has vanished and faded into smoke, leaving only this glittering serpentine apparition with its mask of gold. Raising her black blade overhead, its blade crackling with arcane energy, Setsuna is about to pounce on her enemy when she suddenly finds herself confronted with the looming fanged edge of a longspear thrust into her path.

    Setsuna skids on the slippery ground, splashing through puddles as she weaves and dodges out of harm's way. All the same, Xanesha's counter has done its work of breaking the tiefling's momentum, turning her sword-work messy as she chops at air, failing to hit any of Xanesha's many mirror images, let alone the lamia herself.

    *****

    Chanda and Rico

    Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step to E8
    Attack: (1d20+15)[35], Damage: (1d6+2)[5] and SA (4d6)[17]
    Confirm Critical - Attack: (1d20+15)[21], Damage: (1d6+2)[5] and SA (4d6)[8]


    Of all the party, it is Rico alone who has the sheer mass and girth to square up to the flesh golem without having to crane her neck to meet its gaze. Slamming against the creature with her shield so hard that it is almost forced it to its knees, Rico then proceeds to hack away with great sawing strokes. Sparks fly to the squeal of tortured metal as her sword grates against the tangled wire holding the golem together, forcing the dead flesh and rusted threads apart.

    The flesh golem, lost in the throes of its frenzy, doesn't seem to notice as the chunks that make up its torso beginning to come apart. Nor does it seem to feel the fell stroke of Chanda's iced blade as the thief sweeps in from Rico's flank, jamming her rapier deep into the golem's buttock as if she was skewering a pig for market.

    *****

    Xanesha

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+17)[34], Damage: (1d8+8)[10]
    Attack: (1d20+12)[25], Damage: (1d8+8)[14]
    Attack: (1d20+7)[17], Damage: (1d8+8)[13]

    Did Setsuna get hit by the 34? 1 for yes (1d7)[4]
    25 destroys 1 figment
    Total 2 figments destroyed


    "So eager to come to me. Did you want more?" Now that she can see Xanesha endowed in her true form, it is difficult for Setsuna to imagine how she could have ever succumbed as she did. All the same, it doesn't make it easier for the tiefling to ignore the lamia's mocking jibes. Not with that voice - husky, deep, rich as wine and just as heady, sending shivers down one's spine.

    "I do not blame you. The way you cried when I touched you. You've never felt like that before, have you?"

    The barest trace of a mocking smile flickers across Xanesha's pale face, making her look even more monstrous by the flash of lightning overhead. Angling her longspear, the lamia darts forward with lightning speed, destroying two of Setsuna's illusory doubles as she bears down and thrusts the spear neatly through their chests.

    *****

    Naya and the Scarecrow

    Naya casts Invisibility on Red.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Scarecrow's AoO vs Naya - Attack: (1d20+13)[18], Damage: (2d6+8)[17]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[30], Damage: (2d6+8)[11]


    Unfortunately for Naya, the brave sylph's luck seems to go awry the instant she switches to other targets besides Xanesha. Not only does she miss in her attempt to club the fleeing Stalker, in boldly and selflessly rushing to Red's aid, she forgets that a creature as massive as the flesh golem has long arms to match. As such, she has barely finished casting her spell, shielding Red from the golem's eyes when she herself becomes the object of its burgeoning rage.

    Having fixated on trying to squash Red in its animal fury, the golem, needless to say, is quite flummoxed by its target suddenly vanishing from right under its nose. Burbling an agonised shriek, it flails about all the more frantically with its scythe, catching Naya in the shoulder and ripping open her unarmoured chest.

    Naya is now unconscious at -5 HP and is dying.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    > 25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF, invisible
    17 - FS2
    16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - Mirror Image and possibly other buffs
    8 - Naya - BoF, unconscious, dying
    6 - Scarecrow - slowed for 2 more rounds, berserk


    It is now Brin's turn.


    *****

    Combat Map
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2016-02-06 at 09:26 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Brin
    17/35 HP
    19 AC
    Active effect: Blessing of Fervor, type I, +30 move speed (3 rounds remaining)


    Despite the hand clamped tight to the wound on her neck, Brin's vision was beginning to swim from the blood loss. Or maybe it was lack of oxygen on account of the shattered rib preventing her from breathing any deeper than a shallow pant. Either way, this was not going well. Not well at all.

    "GAA--*cough*-*cough*" She tries to shriek out some of the pain and frustration as he spell falls flat, but only makes it worse, descending into a coughing fit that brings up blood. Then Naya goes down.

    "Need to...help."
    She staggers over under the hurrying effect of Pharasma's blessing, her path wending dangerously close to the flesh golem as she summons up the concentration for a pulse of healing energy--no mean feat in Brin's condition. "Lady...please..." It's enough of an invocation, barely. The pale purple light swirls out from Brin's tattoo, closing wounds and mending bones as it washes over her and everyone else.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to G8 (thanks to 30' movement boost) and standard action to Channel (should his everyone but Xanesha and FS2)

    (4d6)[9]

    Edit: well...not the total I was hoping for. Anyway, I've already added it to Brin's HP in the header of this post
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2016-02-06 at 12:57 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Brin channels positive energy for 9 HP.

    Naya is no longer dying or unconscious and is prone at 4 HP.


    *****

    Red
    HP 45/55
    AC 25 (includes +4 from potion of Mage Armour)
    BoF: Make one extra attack


    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+13)[22], Damage: (1d4+4)[6] plus SA (2d6)[11]
    Attack: (1d20+13)[16], Damage: (1d4+4)[6] plus SA (2d6)[3]
    Attack: (1d20+8)[28], Damage: (1d4+4)[6] plus SA (2d6)[8]
    Confirm Critical - Attack: (1d20+8)[9], Damage: (1d4+4)[6] and SA (2d6)[5] - no critical
    Attack: (1d20+8)[24], Damage: (1d4+4)[6] plus SA (2d6)[7]

    Extra BoF - Attack: (1d20+13)[20], Damage: (1d4+4)[8] plus SA (2d6)[9]


    "N-no-!"

    Red's eyes widen in horror as the meat-thing's arm swishes overhead and bashes Naya in the chest. New comrade or not, Red didn't like it when others were hurt. Barely aware of the spell that had been cast on her and of Brin's healing ministration, her knuckles whiten as she clenches her kukris tight, raising her gaze to face the creature.

    Damned meat-thing. Red narrows her eyes, not bothering to shake her wet hair from her forehead. Her head still hurt too much for that. Setsuna was right. Destroying this thing. That was the only way.

    A burst of cold fog from the other side of meat-thing tells her that her sister is here. No matter. Emboldened by her previous attack, Red gathers herself and leaps, stabbing downwards into the meat-thing's barrel chest. Doing her best not to gag as the stink of its clammy, putrefying flesh hits her with all the force of a brick wall, she claws and kicks her way up the meat-thing's body, wedging her other kukri into the creature's shoulders before lashing out wildly at its neck.

    As luck would have it, Red manages to catch the meat-thing's head at an odd angle, separating most of its idiot head from its body as her kukri chops through sinew and loose flesh. And by the grace of Pharasma (and perhaps Cayden Cailean), that is all that is needed to stop the golem - the malevolent crimson glow in its eyes abruptly dimming as its head flops bonelessly forward, its massive bulk slowly toppling like a felled tree.

    The Scarecrow is now dead.

    *****

    FS2

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged touch Attack vs Naya: (1d20+6)[11] - failed


    The remaining Faceless Stalker, having reached the side of the Shadow Clock, stoops and snatches up something from the ground, clearly intending to lob it towards Naya before she can get back on her feet. Not having visible eyes is probably something of an impediment, however, as the creature fumbles, hitting its arm against the tower wall even as it draws back to throw. Dropping its missile with a cry that is more alarm than pain, the Stalker hisses nervously, glancing upward towards the dark shapes that continue their descent towards the ground.

    2 more rounds to two more combatants joining combat.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF, invisible
    17 - FS2
    > 16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - Mirror Image and possibly other buffs
    8 - Naya - BoF, prone


    It is now Setsuna's turn.


    *****

    Combat Map
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2016-02-06 at 01:08 PM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Setsuna
    HP 46/46
    AC 30
    Miss Chance: 20% (4 mirror images, blur for 9 more rounds)


    Glaring at the duplicate Xaneshas as they mock her, Setsuna does her best not to let it get to her. Unfortunately, her best isn't enough to protect all of her figments. "Shut up! You...you manipulated me! I will not let you do it again!"

    Before the tiefling can renew her attack though, she sees Naya fall out of the corner of her eye, though at least Brin moves to heal her before Setsuna can cry out. Her resuccitation coupled with Red's victory over the flesh golem is enough to spur the Minkan princess onward. Trying not to let rage blind her, she lashes out at the snake-tailed women before her.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BoF (3 rounds) +1 attack

    Casting Chill Touch Defensively (DC 17) (1d20+11)[23]

    Spellstrike (1d20+11)[20] (ignore if concentration check fails. If it does, ignore the Chill Touch rolls)
    Damage (1d8+7)[13] + (1d6)[3] + (1d6+7)[9] electric + (1d6)[2] negitive energy. Fort DC 15 vs 1 str damage.
    (Spell Resistance Thundershock (1d6+7) (1d20+7)[11] Chill Touch (1d6) (1d20+7)[25])

    Attack (1d20+11)[25]
    Damage (1d8+7)[13] + (1d6)[3] + (1d6+7)[9] electric + (1d6)[2] negitive energy. Fort DC 15 vs 1 str damage.
    (Spell Resistance Thundershock (1d6+7) (1d20+7)[9] Chill Touch (1d6) (1d20+7)[10])

    Bonus Attack (1d20+11)[19]
    Damage (1d8+7)[11] + (1d6)[6] + (1d6+7)[12] electric + (1d6)[5] negitive energy. Fort DC 15 vs 1 str damage.
    (Spell Resistance Thundershock (1d6+7) (1d20+7)[10] Chill Touch (1d6) (1d20+7)[17])
    Last edited by Desril; 2016-02-06 at 09:11 PM.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Rico,
    Blessing of Fervor [Option IV] +boosts
    HP 56/56
    AC 24/22


    The monster of meat and metal before them shudders to its knees, then falls into the mud, its grotesque head rolling away. Rico's heart thunders with pride, her lips quirking in a savage grin and she pumps her sword into the air and crows, "HA-HAH! WELL-DONE, y..."

    And then her eyes alight on a crumpled form beyond the monster's corpse, beyond the victorious Allin sisters. The grin turns into a snarl as she takes in Naya's broken body, seemingly but a discarded ragdoll in the dirt. The orcblood constable grits her teeth and growls and almost unintelligible string of names under her breath. The names of their comrades who had fallen.

    She looks this way and that. Setsuna seems still able to hold off Xanesha, but almost certainly will be needing support soon. Brin, though injured, looks to be still kicking. And there's that clayfaced demonspawn, scarpering away, preparing what seems to be some kind of weapon.

    "...Red, Chanda, g'work! Check... hnn, Naya. Izzhe still alive?" Rico says as she passes them by, building momentum as she goes, pounding off.

    Along the way, she sheathes her sword, putting off its cleaning for now. Along the way, she prepares one of her special amphorae, now holding it by its rope handle, letting it swing easily in her slightly trailing right hand. And then she swings it forward, letting the seemingly innocuous vessel, usually used for holding wines, hurtle towards the faceless fiend.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to B3.
    W'elp.
    Time ta die, bugger.
    (1d20+10)[15]
    (10d6)[35]
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Setsuna


    Spoiler
    Show
    Did Setsuna hit Xanesha? 1 for yes. (1d5)[3] - no
    20 destroys a figment
    2 figments remaining


    "Manipulated? Oh my dear. You overestimate me. My touch weakens the mind, it is true. But you - you threw yourself into my arms and pressed your lips to mine all on your own."

    Xanesha chuckles derisively, shaking her head in mocking despair even as Setsuna plunges her blade into the lamia's scaled coils, causing two of the mirror images to evaporate, leaving three. Despite having her defenses carved away, Xanesha herself doesn't appear to be fazed much. Glancing idly over in the direction of the tower as the Scarecrow falls, something of a predator's smile seems to touch her lips.

    *****

    Rico and Chanda (strictly speaking, Chanda was supposed to attack FS2. But seeing as to how that would put her in the path of Rico's bomb...)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action - sheathe rapier, standard - draw weapon


    For the Stalker, the last thing that it perceives is an apparently innocuous jar of wine hurtling towards its head. Having been hurled with no small amount of force, the amphora actually bounces off the top of the Stalker's skull before breaking, cracking all the way down the side before splitting like a smashed egg and drenching the Stalker in its contents.

    Most of you have been witness to the corrosive effects of Taladron's acid gobs on skin and armour, but what you have seen before is nothing compared to the real life horror show now taking place. For those of you who dare to look, the Stalker's flesh practically melts before your eyes, crackling and blackening even as it sloughs off tendons and pliant bones. At first, there is a hollow high-pitched choking noise from the region of the creature's dissolving face. Then there is nothing - save for the hiss and sizzle of the acid as it devours the Stalker's body with frightening speed.

    Chanda only graces the dying Stalker with sufficient attention to determine that it is not likely to cause any further trouble, before angling her head upwards, appearing to cant her head to one side to gain a better view of the incoming flyers. Making a feral sound in her throat, she savagely shoves her rapier back into its sheath, extinguishing its frost aura before shrugging her bow off her shoulders.

    "No frakken idea what those are. But if they don't land and keep flying, we're goods as setten ducks," mutters the thief as she snatches at her hip for an arrow.

    FS2 is now dead.

    After Naya's move, 1 round more to two more enemies joining combat. Distance to enemy is currently 60 feet, if it matters.


    *****

    Xanesha

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+17)[28], Damage: (1d8+8)[15]
    Attack: (1d20+12)[32], Damage: (1d8+8)[11]
    Attack: (1d20+7)[13], Damage: (1d8+8)[14]

    28 destroys one figment
    Does Setsuna get hit? 1 for yes. (1d5)[4]
    Total two figments destroyed


    "Such a brave young woman. I will take great pleasure in her screams when I am done with you once more."

    Drawing back her longspear, Xanesha grins, exposing lengthened incisors of purest white. She wastes no time in driving the sharp edge of her weapon neatly through the necks of two more of Setsuna's doubles, leaving little doubt as to her martial skill.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF, invisible
    16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - Mirror Image and possibly other buffs
    > 8 - Naya - BoF, prone


    It is now Naya's turn.


    *****

    Combat Map
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    jamieth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Naya
    HP 4/24
    AC 16, touch 15, FF 11
    Blessings: stand as swift action


    By the time, Naya realizes her mistake, there's nothing she can do about it anymore; if there's anything good that can be said about the situation, its that the beast's fist puts her out too fast to actually feel much pain.

    Well, the other good thing is that, when she opens her eyes, it appears not much time have passed at all... "I'm fine, thank you, miss Brin!" the sylph calls out, correctly identifying the source of her renewed strenght as she leaps to her feet displaying more vigor than she actually feels and looking around.

    The only fight that still continues is Setsuna's duel with Xanesha - if it is even correct to call a fight that appeared to have over a dozen participants a "duel" - and getting involved in that, Naya wouldn't dare, for two reasons - one, Setsuna needs this fight. Two, in her current condition, Naya would be a hindrance anywhere near that whirlwind of blades, not an asset... however much it pains her to admit it, for now the best she can do is wait for a chance to strike. Perhaps once Xanesha's aerial reinforcements draw closer... of course, that doesn't mean she's going to just stand in the middle of the road... the very same aerial lens she just used to conceal Red would do equally good job concealing the sylph's own plans.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stand up as a swift thanks to BoF;
    Standard: cast Invisibility on self;
    Move: to I5
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

    "Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

    Extended signature

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Brin
    17/35 HP
    19 AC
    Active effect: Blessing of Fervor, type III, Extra Attack (2 rounds remaining)


    Brin reaches for the enchanted arrows, but thinks better of it. There were still two lamias too many floating around in front of her. The fight might be desperate, but each of those arrows could buy an entire winery. Er...that is, all the more reason to make sure each of those arrows count!

    Her hand flashes to the quiver and back with speed lent by Pharasma herself. The third arrow is in flight before Brin even notices whether the first hit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5' step to H8 to get into Point-blank shot range on Xanesha. Full attack w/ rapid shot and blessing of fervor for 3 total shots.

    (1d20+9)[17]
    (1d8+2)[9]


    (1d20+9)[23]
    (1d8+2)[4]


    (1d20+9)[19]
    (1d8+2)[8]

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Setsuna
    HP 46/46
    AC 30
    Miss Chance: 20% (2 mirror images, blur for 8 more rounds)


    Glaring, Setsuna tries her best to defend her actions, "You tricked me! I thought you were..." she trails off momentarily, distracted by Chanda in the corner of her eye and leaving her copies vulnerable to Xanesha's attack. When the lamia begins to threaten her comrades, however, the tiefling snarls and lunges at her, "You will not hurt them!"

    Images of her comrades lying in pools of their own blood, much like she had been this morning flash through her mind. I can't let anyone else get hurt, not any more, not by her! Doing her best to cut through the illusions to slice into the real threat, Setsuna makes a flurry of attacks before incanting another spell that she'd had a great deal of practice with, hoping that the lightning enhanced blade would strike true. As she darts forward with her final attack, she remembers the morning, her touch, her scent, everything about how she felt the moment before the lamia revealed her treachery and stabbed her. Rather than deter her, however, it only steels her resolve as she aims at the monster's heart.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BoF, 2 rounds, bonus attack; (5 thundershocks and chill touches left since 2 images were destroyed I'm assuming those eat up charges, 7 left otherwise)

    Attack 1 (1d20+11)[22]
    Damage (1d8+7)[13] + (1d6)[3] electric
    Thundershock SR (1d20+7)[27] Damage(1d6+7)[9] electric
    Chill Touch SR (1d20+7)[22] Damage (1d6)[1] negative (Fort DC 15 vs 1 Str damage)

    Attack 2 (1d20+11)[19]
    Damage (1d8+7)[9] + (1d6)[2] electric
    Thundershock SR (1d20+7)[20] Damage(1d6+7)[12] electric
    Chill Touch SR (1d20+7)[27] Damage (1d6)[6] negative (Fort DC 15 vs 1 Str damage)

    Concentration to cast Shocking Grasp defensively (1d20+11)[20] (DC 17)
    If successful:
    Spellstrike (1d20+14)[29]
    Damage (1d8+7)[10] + (1d6)[4] electric
    Thundershock SR (1d20+7)[26] Damage(1d6+7)[9] electric
    Chill Touch SR (1d20+7)[8] Damage (1d6)[4] negative (Fort DC 15 vs 1 Str damage)
    Shocking Grasp SR (1d20+7)[10] Damage (5d6)[22]

    Confirmation? (1d20+14)[28]

    If confirmed: Perfect Strike, spending 2 arcane pool to make Mae a x3 critical weapon.

    Critical Damage (2d8+14)[26]
    Thundershock Damage (1d6+7)[9] electric + 1 round stun on Xanesha!
    Chill Touch Damage (1d6)[1] negative (Fort DC 15 vs 2 Str damage instead of 1)
    Shocking Grasp Damage (5d6)[14]
    Last edited by Desril; 2016-02-10 at 04:17 AM.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    Rico,
    Blessing of Fervor [Option IV] +boosts
    HP 56/56
    AC 24/22


    Rico's face is a mask of grim satisfaction as the stalker melts, but even as the foe dissolves, she can't help but choke back her own bile. Averting her eyes and panting, she spits, then casts about, looking for any trouble spots.

    With the brief jolt of god-juice that they'd felt mere moments ago, and seeing that the gravely wounded sorceress has disappeared, Rico assumes that Naya and Brin are still kicking--- and confirms the latter with her own eyes and ears as the elf looses another flight of clothyard shafts. Setsuna seems to be still doing quite well with her duel with that snake-demon.

    The Allin sisters don't seem much the worse for wear... and following Chanda's sighting down her own arrow, takes in the incoming enemy reinforcements. Rico growls a curse at her not having packed a bow herself.

    Glaring through the deepening night and the battering rain, she snorts at her indecision. Stay with... hmm... Brin, heft shield and sword, make sure those... whatever they are... don't make mincemeat of her? Or pop that demon bitch with a thunderstone? Hmm...

    And then she pelts towards Brin, holding the Fist of Fox as high as she could to try and cover both of them. But beneath its shadow, it is not her sword that she readies, but rather, a tanglefoot bag. Almost certainly demon-strong these frakkers, yet the crappin' again, but if it can hold 'em down, should help in poundin' em, an' keep 'em from flyin' that well. PFF. Hopefully.

    Over her shoulder, she hisses at Brin, "Hey! How ya holdin'?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to G7 and Draw Tanglefoot Bag. (Move and Free Draw-with-Move).
    *And... IS there an option to share cover or something like that?
    Standard:
    Readied Action to dive-tackle Brin out of the way of any Stuka Bombers.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2016-02-13 at 05:45 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC II

    GM post

    Naya casts Invisibility.

    *****

    Brin

    With her ribs still aching dreadfully and blood seeping from the angry looking scarlet welt on her neck, it is difficult for Brin to draw her bow string fully back. Still, the decades of muscle memory do their work. Even as something crackles in her chest in protest, the waning vestiges of Pharasma's blessing grant Brin sufficient power to push past that wall of pain, sending three arrows punching through the air.

    The first and last arrow fail to puncture Xanesha's coat of snakeskin, glancing harmlessly off the toughened scales and clattering to the wet soil. The second arrow, on the other hand, apparently buries itself in the forehead of one of the Xanesha images, immediately causing it to shimmer and dissolve into grey vapour that is quickly rent apart by the driving rain.

    *****

    Red
    HP 45/55
    AC 25 (includes +4 from potion of Mage Armour)
    BoF: Increase speed by 30 feet


    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to L3
    Attack: (1d20+11)[27], Damage: (1d4+4)[8]
    Does Red hit Xanesha? 1 for hit. (1d2)[1]


    Wincing at the sound of Rico's hapless victim melting from the head down, Red turns away and lowers her eyes, mopping blood and rainwater out of her eyes with the edge of her palm. Leaving the flying things to her sister and Rico, she breaks into an unsteady sprint towards Xanesha and Setsuna.

    She'd downed the meat-thing. Thank Cayden for that mercy. But her head still felt as though a glowing-hot knife had been thrust into it, each throb of her pulse behind her eyes like a small explosion, making it difficult to concentrate on her path ahead of her.

    Get to Setsuna. Get to Setsuna. Red mentally intones the thought over and over again like a mantra as she runs, doing her best to ignore the splitting pain in her jaw. But no matter how hard she blinks as she nears Xanesha, the double images just won't go away. The meat-thing must've hit her harder than she thought. No matter.

    Not bothering to slacken her pace, Red hurls herself at the snake half of one of the two Xaneshas, lashing out with her kukri and narrowing her eyes in mute satisfaction as she feels the resistance of solid flesh.

    *****

    Setsuna

    Spoiler
    Show
    1st attack (22) destroys Xanesha's last figment
    2nd attack (19) does not hit
    3rd attack (29) hits for a helluva lotta damage. This feat is seriously overpowered, but hey, GM sour grapes.


    Xanesha's cruel laughter is almost drowned out by the rumble of thunder overhead. "Tricked, manipulated - they are all the same. I did nothing to you save for what you wan-sssshhhSSS!"

    The lamia's jibe is cut short into a wrathful hissing as Red strikes from behind, causing Xanesha to rear back, lashing her serpentine half about in a paroxysm that is more fury than agony. Nevertheless, the split second of distraction is enough to give Setsuna the crucial opening that she needs. Being far too short to actually reach Xanesha's heart, Setsuna's blade instead bites deep into the meaty portion of the lamia's unarmoured hip, where human melds into snake. Immediately, the white lightning wreathes the black blade dances and forks off onto the lamia's scales, causing the hissing to rise to a guttural screech as the skin around the fresh wound blisters and blackens, spreading nearly halfway across the lamia's torso.

    Xanesha is now stunned for 1 round.

    *****

    Chanda

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on G1
    Attack: (1d20+11)[25], Damage: (1d6+1)[3]


    Sighting upwards into the air, Chanda looses her bow at the closer of the two approaching flyers. This close, those of you who deign to follow the pale shaft of Chanda's arrow as it arcs unerringly towards the flyer's horned visage despite the pelting rain, only to strike its forehead and bounce harmlessly off.

    For all of a second, Chanda's lips curl in a snarl of anger. Using one hand to shield her goggled eyes, she seems to be peering up at the flyer - a gangly, spiked creature of sinewy form, with four arms and pebbled skin that gleams oddly in what moonlight there is, its wingbeats ponderously slow as it glides doggedly towards the ground.

    "Buggerf-" Chanda curses aloud, hastily shouldering her bow once more, calling frantically out to those who can hear her. "Snow White! Priestess! 'ware up! Gargoyle, on t'way!"

    Knowledge (Nature) DC 14
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though to the casual observer, Chanda apparently is preparing to flee, you know better. Gargoyles, in keeping with their usual disguise, resemble the stone statues they look like in that they possess toughened skin that is remarkably resistant to damage dealt by a regular weapon. Only magic can penetrate their hide with any reliability.


    *****

    Rico is readying action.

    *****

    Xanesha

    Spoiler
    Show
    Defensive Casting CL check: (1d20+13)[28] - passed
    Casting Invisibility


    "Fiend-spawn bitch." A straw-coloured fluid spotted with blood seeps between Xanesha's hand as she grasps blindly at the semi-cauterised gash in her side. Being wounded seems to have made the lamia matriarch lose much of her suave self-possession, her bronze tail lashing violently from side to side, a razor-edged growl in her honeyed voice. "You'll pay for this. Oh yes, you will."

    Unfortunately for Xanesha, her threats are all that she can hurl at the tiefling. Still reeling from the blow, her longspear slips out of her hand and clatters noisily to the ground.

    Brandishing her longspear as if it were a large wand, Xanesha cries out a word of power in an unknown language and promptly vanishes from sight right under Setsuna's nose.

    Xanesha is now Invisible. (But come on. You still know where she is for now. She has no move action for 1 round!)


    Two Gargoyles will join combat and roll for initiative after Naya moves.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    25 - Brin - BoF
    19 - Red - BoF
    16 - Setsuna - BoF, Mage Armour, Mirror Image
    15 - Chanda - BoF
    13 - Rico - BoF
    11 - Xanesha - possibly other buffs, stunned
    > 8 - Naya - BoF, invisible


    It is now Naya's turn.


    *****

    EDIT: No Combat Map until next GM post due to redacted post! Sorry!
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2016-02-13 at 08:51 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •