Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Coral Golem [Broken]

Coral Golem
    Large Construct
    Hit Dice:13d10+30 (100 HP)
    Speed:20ft.(4 squares),Swim 30ft.(6 squares)
    Armor Class:24 (-1 size, +2 dex, +13 natural armor)
    Attack:Slam +19 (2d10+9 plus fiery poison)
    Full Attack:2 slams +19 (2d10+9 fiery poison)
    Space/Reach:10ft./10ft.
    Special Attacks: Berserk, fiery poison.
    Special Qualities: Construct traits, 10/bludeoning, darkvision 60ft., immunity to magic, low light vision, sea foam armor, strength of the ocean
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 28, Dex 14, Con-, Int-, Wis 11, Cha 1
    Skills: Swim +18
    Feats: -
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary, or gang (2-4)
    Challenge Rating: 11
    Treasure: None
    Advancement: 13-18 HD (large); 19-35 HD (huge)
    Level Adjustment: -

This golem has a humanoid body made of coral. As the coral of the ocean the golems skin is rough and in many area sticks out in certain areas like spikes. It has a reddish hue due to the microscopic organisms that live along its entire body. Its body looks like a misshaped suit of armorwith spikes sticking out of it's body. The coral golem cannot speak or make vocal sounds of any type. It walks slowly with clumsy steps but it swims with surprising speed and agility.

Combat[/U][/B]:
    In combat coral golem's is a difficult challenge on land or in water and can mean certain death for any sailing vessel.
    Berzerk:When a coral golem enters battle out of water there is a cumulative chance that it's elemental spirit breaks out and goes into berzrk rage attacking anything moving nearby.

Fiery Poison
    When the coral golem strikes an opponent it slices the skin, requiring a DC 23 Fortitude save or be infected immediatly. The infection deals 1d8 points of non-lethal damage every round. The charecter infected can make another fortitude save every round but the save increases by 1. After 10 rounds the charecter must make a DC 25 fortitude save or fall unconcious.

Sea Foam Armor
    Like a crab the coral golem can excrete spittle from an opening in its mouth. This spittle cover its body and hardens give it a +4 to armor class. This ability last for 1 minute.

Strength of the Ocean
    While in salt water the coral golem gains a +2 to armor, dex, and a +4 to strength. While in fresh water it gains a -2 to armor, dex, and a -4 to strength.

Immunity to Magic
    The coral golem is immune to any spell or spell-like that has spell resistance. in addition certain spells effect change when casted upon the coral golem. Cold spells act like the Slow spell to the coral golem.

Regeneration
    If a piece of a destroyed coral golem is placed in water it begins to regrow. After 6 years the coral will regrow into a full coral golem. Only one new coral golem can grow from another coral golem.

Construction
    A coral golems body must be make from 2,250 pounds f red coral. Assembly requires a DC 20 craft (sculpting) check. CL 14th; craft construct, antimagic field, mage armor, symbol of pain, animate object, resurrection. Price: 85,000gp, Price: 42,500gp + 3,000xp.
    Last edited by DragonTounge; 2007-06-06 at 09:55 PM.
    Unofficial flash light of the
    My homebrew monsters: Reef Golem, Blood Burning Crab, Blood Burning Swarm, Spreader, Demonic Spirit
    Bringer of doom to all thing furry and small

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Coral Golem [MitP II]

Well, I don't know how to close my thread, so I decided to put this up. I'm just going to ignore this thread so there's not reall much points to putting anything here. Instead post ithere.
    Unofficial flash light of the
    My homebrew monsters: Reef Golem, Blood Burning Crab, Blood Burning Swarm, Spreader, Demonic Spirit
    Bringer of doom to all thing furry and small

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Coral Golem [MitP II]

Just in time too, I made a bunch of corrections...
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2007-06-05 at 10:55 PM.