New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default How easy is it to get sourcebooks?

See title. I'm talking about books like Complete Arcane, Complete Scoundrel, etc. Y'know, stuff that isn't in the SRD. Would I be able to find such books in say, a Barnes & Noble?
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: How easy is it to get sourcebooks?

Yep, I've seen them at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc. I tend to get mine on Amazon.com though.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lotofsnow View Post
    Yep, I've seen them at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc. I tend to get mine on Amazon.com though.
    Good. Good. See, I really just want to get more information, 'cause up 'till now, I've only had the SRDs to go from. Also, I like being able to just go out and get the book rather then having to order and wait.

On a seperate, but not wholly unrelated note, how easy is it to get the various OOTS compilation books (Dungeon crawlin' fools, No Cure, etc.)
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Usually I can go into a used book store in my area and find at least 1 D&D book for under $10, and often several. If you go on Ebay, you can usually buy them for a relatively cheap price, as long as you're willing to wait until the last 10 seconds before the auction ends to pounce on it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    On a seperate, but not wholly unrelated note, how easy is it to get the various OOTS compilation books (Dungeon crawlin' fools, No Cure, etc.)
    Those, I've not seen in more generic bookstores. Try to find a gaming shop nearby; they're likely to have them.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    Good. Good. See, I really just want to get more information, 'cause up 'till now, I've only had the SRDs to go from. Also, I like being able to just go out and get the book rather then having to order and wait.

OOTS books you might as well just order online (see the Shop link on the left side of the page) and D&D books are going to be about $10 cheaper on Amazon than in a store. If you order two books at once, that'd be enough to get free shipping too. Or Ebay for even cheaper, but then you have to pay shipping and you need to pounce, as Person_Man said.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

.pdf formats from a number of sources online (for the out of print books) but I agree with Amazon being a great source (check out their used books for older material if you don't want to deal with .pdfs).

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Overstock.com has a remarkable selection of D&D books at good prices, actually.