Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Star Wars: Dark Times (SW Saga Rerecruitment)

So... There's three players (myself, Prehysterical and mr1135) who were chosen for a SWSaga game. There was a fourth, but they seem to have mysteriously vanished. There was a DM as well, but they're also... surprisingly non-responsive.

As satisfying runs go, 'died in the first round of combat' is kinda lacking, you know? So we thought we'd throw this game out there, see if we can replace our disappeared colleagues.

Anyway, these were the details of the game. We're looking for at least a new GM, and (depending on GM preference) possibly 1+ additional players.

Spoiler: Old 16. You can probably change these a little so long as you don't completely break any of our characters.
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    -Star Wars Saga Edition

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    -Dark Times Era. Two months after the events of Revenge of the Sith.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    Four players.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    OOTS.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    -Starting at Level 3. (3,000 Experience)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    -By the book as if Level 1. One player (of my choosing, probably based on background or class) will also start with a starship.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    -By the book. No more than 2 Jedi characters. Also, characters made for this game need to oppose the Galactic Empire.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    -By the book. Let me know if you want to play something outside the Core Book.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    -Point buy by the book, except you have 30 points to spend for ability scores.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    -I will enforce Dark Side points to the extent of having them be a main plot point. Depending on the circumstances, a character falling completely to the Dark Side will potentially give me a new villian NPC, so be careful.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    -SWSE is based around multiclassing. I encourage it and challenge you to use it to create an engaging character.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system?
    -Rolls will be in Spoiler tags in the In-Game thread. Certain rolls, such as critical confirmations, will be rolled in the Out-Of-Character thread.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about?If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    -I handle PbP combat with 'Side Initiatives' with individual sides acting in no particular order. That is, if the players win initiative by averaging all of their initiative rolls together, they all get one turn but in no particular order among each other. This is to help expediate the slow tendancy of PbP combat.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    -This story will be based on the characters and their backgrounds, so a background is required. I prefer the content of the background be done in the 10-Minute Background format, but something that gives me a comparible amount of information or a solid story-arc for your character will work as well.

Spoiler: 10-Minute Background Format
    Show
    Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile…whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum…more elements are encouraged!

Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.

Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help me in creating plots that center around your character. I will also be creating a third secret which you as a player will not be aware of, so expect some surprises!

Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. If you like, you can include an enemy of yours here as well, so I have an instant NPC nemesis to throw at you.

Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don’t have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.

-I want to reiterate and stress how important backgrounds will be for your characters. Numbers on a character sheet are just that- numbers. They are nowhere near as interesting to me as what a well thought-out background will be.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    -A mix of combat and roleplaying. I tend to focus toward roleplaying aspects for PbP games, but what would a Star Wars game be without combat? Expect shootouts, chases, space battles, and classic lightsaber duels!

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    -Core Book, Clone Wars, and Force Unleashed material is authorized. Other sources are encouraged, but since my collection of SWSE material is somewhat limited, just let me know where its from and what it does.

So, the three surviving players are:
    Me! (Playing Eve, a level 3 Scoundrel Human Replica Droid.)
    Spoiler: Eve's 10 Minute Backstory
    Show

Step 1: Background and Concept
    A prototype human replica droid (a humanoid droid with a synth-skin outer layer that allows her to pass for human... albeit a likely weird human... until either heavily damaged or subjected to proper medical scans).
    Created by the Confederation of Independent Systems.
    Her line was intended to be a series of infiltrators undermining the republic during the Clone Wars.
    Eve herself, as the first 'working' prototype, was retained in the lab to assist in construction of her 'sisters'.
    After Darth Vader killed the Confederation's leadership, her creators destroyed the lab, their notes, and the other prototypes, before each attempted to vanish ahead of the coming Republic investigation into their project.
    Eve has been on the run since the destruction of her lab.
    (I may add more here once I know where the game's starting and what situation she's supposed to be in.)

Step 2: Goals (Character)
    Directive 1: Obey all legitimate officers of the Confederation of Independent Systems (Kinda hard now they've disbanded....)
    Directive 2: Oppose the Republic (or Empire, or whatever it wishes to call itself this week)
    Directive 3: Prevent study by Republic forces (this would be easier if someone had thought to give me a self-destruct mechanism!)
    Directive 4: Any attempt to arrest a senior Czerka employee results in shutdown.
    Directive 5: Take any necessary precautions to prevent Vona accessing two or more of a) Lomin Ale, b) ancient holo-vids, c) my SCOMP-link connector, d)my storage compartment and e)my recharge socket on the same day.

(Directives listed in Chronological order. There is no explicit hierarchy to these directives.)

Goals (Player)
    Find Eve an alternate group to apply Directive 1 to (such as one of the groups that will eventually go on to form part of the Rebel Alliance, or one of the remaining independent non-Empire galactic powers (Say, the Hapan Consortium.)
    Have Directive 2 satisfied or removed in order to permit Eve to settle down into a regular civilian life. (Outlaw tech on Nar Shaddaa, say...)

Step 3: Secrets
    (Known to Eve) She's a droid, not a human! --Probably also known to the team medic.
    (Known to Eve) She contains a copy of her own schematics, and her team's notes for the process of creating more HRDs. (This being a large part of the rationale behind the 'do not permit the republic to study you' directive.)
    (Unknown to Eve) She does not necessarily contain the only remaining copy of her schematics. Several of the scientists who had developed her left the lab with backup copies of their work - some or all may not have ultimately chosen to wipe theirs. Some may even be trying to restart their work in secret...

Step 4: People
    (Friend) Dreeata Nyetu - Female Rodian Smuggler. Eve didn't care where she went (she had no particular place to go, after all), so picked a random cargo vessel and sliced herself access. Dreeata turned out to be the ship's captain, and on finding out how her stowaway got on board, she offered Eve a job. Eve did leave her crew a few trips later, more to make it harder to track her location than out of a desire to move on. Dreeata and Eve left each other with a pair of 'anonymous' commnet accounts that could be used to drop messages to each other.
    (Friend) Mazzag - Male Genosian Scientist. Chief programmer for the HRD project, and primarily responsible for shaping Eve's mind. For purposes of security, none of the project members told each other their destinations. However Mazzag had long suggested a desire to retire to the Corporate Sector once the project completed...
    (Enemy) Vona Haako - Female Neimoidian Scientist. Many people, when exposed to something that looks, sounds, and feels like a woman (but is incapable of disobeying an order or refusing consent) will be tempted to take certain... liberties. Of the team responsible for Eve's creation, Vona was the one least resistant to such temptation. As Eve's personality developed, she began to resent this treatment of her. But when she finally managed to tell Vona 'no', she reported her to the project head as having violated Directive 1 (which, yes, she had just done). Suggested to the rest of the project team that Eve should be mind-wiped - project was discontinued before a decision was reached. Last seen heading towards a shuttle bound for Nal Hutta.

Step 5: Memories
    Vona's mistreatment. Not going to go into too much detail unless it becomes relevant later.
    Death Row - the period of confinement while the project scientists debated whether or not to perform a memory-wipe on her. Alone with her thoughts, Eve had to come to grips with concepts such as a desire for self-preservation (something she hadn't even known she had before) and the fear caused by the possibility of having her mind erased.
    The dismantling of the HRD project. Eve was slated to be deactivated and destroyed. With Mazzag's help, she successfully argued that she was no more a security risk than any of the organic scientists were and that she deserved the chance to try living on in hiding as much as the rest of the team did. Enough of the scientists agreed that she was also allowed to run from the victorious forces of the Republic.
    Reserving this one for if she gets picked, so I can fill it with how she falls in with the rest of the party... once I know who the rest of the party is.

Prehysterical (Playing Krassok, a one-armed level 3 Scout Trandoshan)
    Spoiler: Krassok's 10 minute backstory
    Show

Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile…whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum…more elements are encouraged!
    1. Krassok is missing his right arm. The stump on his shoulder is covered in vein-like purple scarring that extends up his neck and into the right side of his face. His right eye is milky white, as opposed to his normal left eye.
    2. He can never go back to Trandosha. His crippled state means that it would only be a matter of time before someone bigger and nastier than him kills him.
    3. Krassok refuses to replace his lost arm with a prosthetic limb. He claims that he would rather rely on his own strength than "borrow it from a machine".
    4. Although Krassok does occasionally make use of blasters and speeders, he prefers archaic weapons like blades, slugthrowers, and mounts.
    5. Time and experience have cooled Krassok's temper and he takes a more measured approach to hunts. However, he enjoys exploiting the stereotypes about his species to his advantage.
    6. Krassok feels more at home in the wilderness than in the city. Large crowds make him more uncomfortable than a wild predator.

Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.
    1. Krassok wants to engage in a new hunt, one that's challenging enough to prove that he's still got the edge.
    2. I want Krassok to become an actual hero and use his skills to help others. Oh, and make the Imperials scream in terror.

Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help me in creating plots that center around your character. I will also be creating a third secret which you as a player will not be aware of, so expect some surprises!
    1. Krassok is secretly ashamed of not having the guts to face Kallatatha's family and tell them of how she died. He resolves that, when he nears the end of his life, he will admit to it and suffer whatever wrath they incur on him.
    2. Ghost is still at large, and who knows what she has been doing with such a powerful neurological weapon...

Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. If you like, you can include an enemy of yours here as well, so I have an instant NPC nemesis to throw at you.
    1. Baato (Friendly): A Toydarian mechanic who had his wings torn off by Hutt gangsters when he fell behind on "protection" payments. Meek and well-informed, he has a strange kinship with Krassok.
    2. "Ghost" (Hostile): An unknown human female and former bounty who was responsible for Krassok's crippling injury. She's cunning and does whatever it takes to save her own skin. Currently missing.
    3. Davjaa (Hostile): A young female Trandoshan who made the mistake of ambushing Krassok after he lost his arm. He tore off her arm to make a point and she has been out for revenge ever since.

Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don’t have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
    1. Hunting down and killing the mad Wookiee Kallatatha was the most important day of Krassok's life. He realized then that the kill could be an ugly thing and that he should avoid needless suffering. He carries her ryyk blade as a reminder of his most memorable hunt. Furthermore, he no longer sees Wookiees as animals.
    2. The screaming agony that Ghost left him in, coupled with her betrayal in the guise of an old woman seeking help, has left mental scars as well. Krassok is slow to trust strangers and keeps an earhole open any time her codename is brought up in the lower circles.
    3. The first time that a group of thugs came into Baato's shop and threatened him, Krassok sent them leaving in a hurry. That single event solidified the friendship between the two.

mr1135 (Playing Twelves, a level 3 Soldier (former) Clone Trooper)
    Spoiler
    Show

Step 1: Profile and Background and stuffs:
    Twelves, or Max as he's now known to the civilians, is a deserter. Relatively young, even for a Clone, Twelves had served in GAR for only a year before the incident which removed him from the army. Enjoying himself while he learns about his new found freedom, he's careful to taking it all in cautiously. After all, he would most likely be imprisoned and tried by a military tribunal if he was ever caught. With the recent declaration of Order 66, and a clamp on civilian rights, Twelves' continued existence is under threat and he lives with that fear in mind at every moment.

Because all clone troopers are near replicas of Jango Fett and perfect mirrors of one another, nearly all of them find ways to individualize themselves from their brothers in minute ways. Though Twelves didn't get to choose his unique mark, he has since embraced it wholly. A long vertical scar runs down from his right cheek to his jaw and continues diagonally from his throat to his chest. And though all clones sound similar, aside from quirks such as accents, the injury he suffered to his voice box has deepened his inflection. Since leaving the GAR, Twelves has continued to change his looks, both as a means for himself to document his new life, as well as to avoid recognition as a clone. Thus far, he has grown a short trimmed beard and sports a faux-hawk haircut.

Step 2: Goals!
    Twelves would like to find a means to sustain his continued freedom from the GAR/Empire. And though running would be the simplest thing to do, he's aware of the infringements on the rights of the galactic citizens, something his conscience cannot abide by. He'll try to make a mark however he can without getting himself killed while doing so. After all, as much as he wants to still be able to make a difference and feel a sense of purpose, these aren't his brothers.

Personally I would like to take Twelves on an adventure of self discovery. His brief life in the army had an extremely limited scope and understanding of the galactic society at large. As much wonder as it would bring to see things which he once gave his life to defend, the way citizens live their lives oblivious to the intricacies of the war would also frighten and anger him. He is after all only 11/12 years old, though appearing as 22/24yr old to everyone else. Physically mature and strong, Twelves' mental state is not as concrete as one would expect.

Step 3: Secrets!
    Secretly, a part of him is guilt ridden as he is no longer with his brothers. His true place should be by their side, fighting the good fight. Dying with them if need be. A part of him still wonders if he should continue with the directives instilled within him and where his allegiance lies.

What Twelves is not aware of is that although his is a file very far down the pile, his disappearance did not go completely unnoticed. Though he was listed in the medical documentation as having died at the hospital, unable to recover from his injuries, no report was filed indicating his body was disposed of thereafter. An investigation is pending as there are higher targets of priority (ie: missing Clone Commandos), his file will eventually reach the top. It is only a matter of time before Covert Ops send troopers to investigate and "retrieve" him.

Step 4: Friends and Foes
    1. Lieutenant Lamden Huron of the Coruscant Security Force was the one that forged the papers to have him removed from the infirmary. As the shot that took out the skycar was his, he feels personally responsible for the injuries that Twelves suffered. Having one owed to him by the Clone Commandos of Yayax Squad, he called in his favour and had them exfil the young man from the capital world at the end of the Battle of Coruscant.

2. Merrick Deimas is a Corellian bartender that has been looking after Twelves over the past year. A gruff bartender that hears more than his customers know, and runs a small information brokering business on the side.

3. Something something enemy evil doesn't like him something. WIP

Step 5: Memories
    1. He remembers training with his batch brothers. Eating with his batch brothers. Sleeping with his batch brothers. The sorrow from losing one of his brothers in a live fire training accident. The grin on his face when he passed certification with his brothers. He remembers the thrill of preparing for their first deployment. The immeasurable joy of marching through the rain onto the embarkation deck to leave Kamino as they chanted Vode An in their helmets. He remembers the thrill of battle, as they swore and sweat and bled together onto the field. He will always remember the camaraderie he lived and breathed with his brothers.

2. Twelves remember seeing the commotion as he turned the block. A group of civvies were running towards him, fleeing from something. Then he heard the blaster fire. Up front maybe 50 meters away and across the street were two CSF officers pinned under their skycar as thieves shot at them as they exited the bank with their loot. They had a hostage, the last man strong armed her and used her as a shield, his gun to her head. He ran towards them, the criminals' attention on the police and mounting their own vehicle. He tackled the one with the hostage and they went down in a pile of flailing arms. He hears the start of an engine and the sound of a skycar rising into the air. Faint sounds of blaster shots follow, though he's focused on disarming the foe under him. He steps on the man's arm and gets hold of his blaster. Just then, he hears a scream, snapping him out of his tunnel vision. The woman beside him is looking up, frozen in fear. He follows her gaze and sees the robber's vehicle falling from the sky, aimed straight for them. Time slows. He runs and grabs the hostage, dragging her before pushing her away in front of him. Looking back, he sees the man on the floor, their eyes meeting - eyes of searing hatred. He hears a beep and sees the man's hands holding a primed grenade. The car drops onto where they stood but a moment a go and explodes. He feels a white hot pain flare on his face.

3. He remembers the day he decided to give it a go. To let this challenge run its course. To learn to adapt and change. To put his put his past...into the back of his mind. He will learn and become a true citizen of the Republic. After all, they didn't want him. They were going to just let him bleed out and die. It was too...expensive to spend such resources on a clone. Lamden saved him and if he were to simply throw it all away by returning, it would be like a knife to his heart. No. Lamden Huron was a good man and to throw away his generosity would be a sin. Merrick and his tasks are a challenge, but one he would overcome. They're his family now. They're all he has left.

And you can find the game so far (what little there was...) here.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2015-12-12 at 05:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: Dark Times (SW Saga Rerecruitment)

interested as a potential player

possibly a iron knight (jediish)
    Last edited by mg_3D; 2015-12-12 at 06:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Star Wars: Dark Times (SW Saga Rerecruitment)

Well, it was our force user who disappeared...