A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Choose Your Own Adventure: Exalted Setting Edition

Alright, here's the gist!

This'll be a Choose Your Own Adventure Game. It's a bit like playing an RPG by commitee. There's a world and a main character. I post what's going on around the main character, and then a series of potential actions that the main character could take. You all will then vote on whichever action you like best, and whichever action has the most votes when I start writing the next post is what the main character will do. You can also choose to write in an action that I didn't provide, and if you get enough votes, and it can reasonably be done, I'll go with that instead. Sometimes I just don't think of everything.

Sometimes, there will be multiple things to vote on in a single post. Everyone gets one vote per thing to vote on. In addition, anyone is always welcome to post ">What do I know about [x]?" to query the main character about personal or setting knowledge that they know about that the players (you guys) might not. For example, ">What do I know about my brother?" or ">What do I know about demons?" These don't count as votes, obviously. Ask away.

Please bold your votes. I'll still count non-bolded ones, but it makes things quicker and easier for me to count and track. For example, "Guys, I think we should >Stab the king. for reasons X, Y, and Z." or just "Stab the king."

Setting-wise, we'll be playing in Creation, the epic (bronzish/ironish)-age swords-and-sorcery world (with a dash of post-apocalyptic exploration and wuxia wire-fu) of Exalted. No setting knowledge is required, and the main character's starting point will be in a backwoods corner of Creation where they'll have grown up knowing little of what's really going on in the grand scheme of things. On the flipside, this will also make this game a strange way of actually learning the setting, as it'll be from the biased perspective of a once-nobody learning about gods and demons for the first time, rather than the omniscient top-down perspective of the Core Rulebook.

Speaking of rulebooks, I'll be running the new Exalted 3rd Edition behind the scene. No rules knowledge is required, and rules will be delivered mostly in the abstract. You don't need to calculate dots or dicepools, I'll just say "You're an Apprentice-level Swordsman" or something like that. No worries. The game just came out (for kickstarter backers) and a lot of stuff will need to be homebrewed by necessity, so you're not going to be losing out on anything.

Anyway, lets get on with it.

A traveler from the mainland once told you that Creation is both immeasurably vast and immeasurably old. She'd walked its hills and valleys, scaled its mountains, and forded its rivers from her youth until she was old and gray. She reckoned that she'd seen no more of it than a single flower in the great garden of the Gods' design. And now she had sojourned to the island of Chalcedon, your homeland, seeking the favor of the Sorcerer-Kings who dwell in Ysyr, that they might grant her new years with which to continue her travels. You never saw her again.

Learned folk call the modern day the "Age of Sorrows", and while all the world certainly has its problems - capricious gods, demon cults, the unquiet dead, and the soulless Fair Folk whose ships hail from alien shores beyond Creation, in addition to the more mundane famine, disease, and war - your little island has a little less trouble than most. It's no secret that Ysyr's presence makes this possible. From its high mountain perch, those who have visited it tell of its impenetrable, ensorcelled walls of pale quartz cut straight from the rocky face of the land. From here, a council of sorcerers presides over the magnificent city, their magics capable of binding supernatural things to their will, as well as warping the earth and sky, and calling down calamity where they desire. Not even the Fey risk their ire. But, in exchange, all upon Chalcedon pay stringent tribute, which has lead to steep taxation and stark divides in class, and the associated slums and crime that come with it.

The town of Boeth is the only home you've ever known, the second largest of Ysyr's tributaries on Chalcedon, halfway between the capital and Asymach, whose port connects Chalcedon to the mainland. As such, you see many travelers and merchants, and much of Boeth's culture and economy is based on entertainment, craft, and trade, in contrast to most of Chalcedon's tribes and hamlets, who toil away in the fields, raking root vegetables from the harsh soil, shepherding sheep and goats, or reaping fish and oysters from the sea. Here, amidst its wide streets and arched buildings of wood and limestone, the lucky and talented can find enough coin to live comfortably, while the less fortunate quickly fall into crippling poverty or debt, becoming lawful slaves of the state, or ill-fated pawns for organized crime.

You, however, are lucky and talented.

Choice #1
    I make my living...

>...amongst the blue-painted lanterns of Boeth's gaudy houses of personal entertainment. Unlike the seedy cathouses off the beaten path, the bordellos along the stone market street are expensive establishments, where courtesans like me are trained in many facets of human endeavor, from singing and tea ceremony, to party etiquette and the nuances of ceremonial dueling. In addition to private intimacy, we often accompany wealthy merchants to business affairs as a show of opulence, or are contracted by the local government to perform for visiting dignitaries or in ceremonies to appease gods of the land and weather.
    [Social Skills++, Money++, Mental Skills+, Physical Skills+, Local Influence+]

>...as a funereal priest, the latest in a long line of shamans that have existed since before the Sorcerer-Kings founded Ysyr and conquered the island of Chalcedon centuries ago. Those of my order usher the spirits of the dead to their rightful rest, and appease or banish those who choose to linger. We are often called to smaller tributaries for the latter. In truth, our secret and greatest purpose is to act as wardens of The Darkness That Follows, an ancient spirit of great power sealed beneath Boeth since antiquity.
    [Mental Skills++, Occult Skills++, Social Skills+, Money+, Local Influence+]

>...scavenging the ruins of lost ages that run beneath Boeth and honeycomb the surrounding area. It's dangerous, rarely fruitful, and considered a disreputable profession, but it's also fascinating and challenging work. Instead of cobbling shoes like my mum wanted, I dodge dart traps and shimmy across crumbling architecture. Discoveries are few and far between, but I believe that the answers to the hardships of the present lie in the secrets of the past. And if I get rich in the process, that's fine too.
    [Physical Skills++, Mental Skills++, Occult Skills+, Henchmen+, One Minor Artifact]

Choice #2
    I was born with a distinguishing trait of which I am very proud. Since I was young, the people of Boeth have said that...

>...the Goddess Mercury must have chased the sun for a year and a day, to collect the fire with which to spin the golden hair she blessed me with. Among my people, anything but dark hair is rare indeed, and a gold as pure as mine is something only seen once every few generations.
    >...the Goddess Venus must have captured the winds of heaven from which she wove my clarion voice, pure and strong amongst any multitude of lesser sounds.
    >...the Goddess Mars must have shorn the red stars of her house from the firmament to fashion my eyes. Dark red and red-brown eyes are uncommon, though not unheard of, but the bright, clear hue of mine are something spoken of only in stories of far-off lands.
    >...the Goddess Jupiter must have portioned me a great destiny, for I was born with an elaborate spiraling birthmark on the palms and wrists of both hands that, when placed together, fit into a single pattern. What it means, I do not know.
    >...the Goddess Saturn must have had pity and cast her shadow down to guide me. I was born blind, but I have a 'sixth sense' that allows me to perceive physical things at a distance with similar accuracy to a sighted person, though I still cannot distinguish colors, writing, or other purely visual patterns.

Character Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show

You are a mortal human. You are destined to live a pleasant and productive life and pass peacefully in your sleep.

You are physically healthy.

You are mentally healthy.

You are spiritually healthy.

EDIT:

Current Character Sheet (2/8/16)
    Spoiler
    Show

Fearless June
    Mortal Female Human
    Fated to live an interesting life.

Attributes
    [Physical] Strength: Extraordinary; Dexterity: Extraordinary; Stamina: Average
    [Social] Charisma: Average; Manipulation: Weak; Appearance: Above Average
    [Mental] Intelligence: Above Average; Wits: Average; Perception: Average

Abilities
    Archery: Expert
    Athletics: Expert
    Awareness: Skilled
    Brawl: Basic
    Craft (Cobbling): Basic
    Craft (Metalwork): Basic
    Dodge: Expert
    Integrity: Skilled
    Investigation: Expert
    Larceny: Basic
    Linguistics: Basic
    Lore: Basic
    Melee: Basic
    Occult: Skilled
    Presence: Skilled
    Resistance: Skilled
    Stealth: Skilled
    Survival: Basic

Intimacies
    [Defining] I Love My Family
    [Major] The Ancient Past Is Fascinating
    [Major] I'm Responsible For Mila
    [Major] I Trust Alistair After Everything We've Been Through
    [Minor] Demons Don't Seem So Bad
    [Minor] I Need All The Facts
    [Minor] I'm No Better Than Anyone Else
    [Minor] I Enjoy Feeling Powerful

Possessions On Person
    Clothes (Filthy)
    Manacles (Locked Around Your Arms and Legs)

Possessions Being Kept At An Unknown Location
    Composite Bow [Medium Ranged Weapon]
    Wooden Arrows
    Dagger [Light Melee Weapon, Light Thrown Weapon]
    Selino's Short Sword [Light Melee Weapon, +Minimum Brave Damage]
    Iron-Shod Gloves [Light Brawl Weapon]
    The Everbright Lantern [Minor Artifact]
    Chain Shirt [Light Armor, Concealable]
    The Forgeheart Opal
    The Second Key-Gem (Not Yet Named)
    A small assortment of ancient jewelry

Health
    Physically, June is healthy.

Mentally, June is healthy.

Spiritually, June is healthy.

Supernatural Powers
    Shadow Swiftness (Active, One Action, Variable Cost; Grants superhuman agility, lightness, or speed of body or mind.)
    Leaping Shadows Method (Active, One Scene, Low Cost; Use Shadow Swiftness to make mildly superhuman jumps for free.)
    Demon-Predator Claws (Passive; Permanent +Strength, Deal lethal damage with unarmed attacks.)
    Ephemeral Devil-Body (Passive; Permanent +Health, Superhuman natural healing)
    Mirage of Beshadowed Visage (Active, Indefinite, Low Cost; Create a visual illusion around your body and clothing.)
    Shadow Without Light (Passive: See in darkness; Active, Variable Cost: See through an illusion.)
    The Heart's True Essence (Active, Low/Mid Cost; Determine a target's strongest negative intimacy, silently at range. Bonus if target is unconscious or thinks they're alone.)
    Last edited by Xefas; 2016-02-09 at 12:00 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Choose Your Own Adventure: Exalted Setting Edition

>...scavenging the ruins of lost ages that run beneath Boeth and honeycomb the surrounding area. It's dangerous, rarely fruitful, and considered a disreputable profession, but it's also fascinating and challenging work. Instead of cobbling shoes like my mum wanted, I dodge dart traps and shimmy across crumbling architecture. Discoveries are few and far between, but I believe that the answers to the hardships of the present lie in the secrets of the past. And if I get rich in the process, that's fine too.
    [Physical Skills++, Mental Skills++, Occult Skills+, Henchmen+, One Minor Artifact]

>...the Goddess Saturn must have had pity and cast her shadow down to guide me. I was born blind, but I have a 'sixth sense' that allows me to perceive physical things at a distance with similar accuracy to a sighted person, though I still cannot distinguish colors, writing, or other purely visual patterns.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

>...the Goddess Jupiter must have portioned me a great destiny, for I was born with an elaborate spiraling birthmark on the palms and wrists of both hands that, when placed together, fit into a single pattern. What it means, I do not know.
    Last edited by ZaneShadow; 2015-12-15 at 05:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

>...as a funereal priest, the latest in a long line of shamans that have existed since before the Sorcerer-Kings founded Ysyr and conquered the island of Chalcedon centuries ago. Those of my order usher the spirits of the dead to their rightful rest, and appease or banish those who choose to linger. We are often called to smaller tributaries for the latter. In truth, our secret and greatest purpose is to act as wardens of The Darkness That Follows, an ancient spirit of great power sealed beneath Boeth since antiquity.
    [Mental Skills++, Occult Skills++, Social Skills+, Money+, Local Influence+]

5. - Top - End - #5

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

1. ...scavenging the ruins...

2. The Goddess Mars

Bright red eyes are adorable, obviously, and graverobbing dungeon crawling seems like a good starting profession.
    Last edited by Norngremlin; 2015-12-16 at 02:36 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

>...amongst the blue-painted lanterns of Boeth's gaudy houses of personal entertainment. Unlike the seedy cathouses off the beaten path, the bordellos along the stone market street are expensive establishments, where courtesans like me are trained in many facets of human endeavor, from singing and tea ceremony, to party etiquette and the nuances of ceremonial dueling. In addition to private intimacy, we often accompany wealthy merchants to business affairs as a show of opulence, or are contracted by the local government to perform for visiting dignitaries or in ceremonies to appease gods of the land and weather.

Because someone had to.

"In reality perfection isn't really what we want, so we just throw words at the page and we call it a masterpiece if any part of it fits." -Schmidt

Monstrous law. Human slaves. Feuding dragons. And the evil elven empire. Freeholders, coming soonTM.

Hey look, a thing!

8. - Top - End - #8

Poor Venus, no one love Serenity apparently. :p

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Social Skills++, Money++, Mental Skills+, Physical Skills+, Local Influence+]

You had me at Social Skills and Money

>...the Goddess Mercury must have chased the sun for a year and a day, to collect the fire with which to spin the golden hair she blessed me with. Among my people, anything but dark hair is rare indeed, and a gold as pure as mine is something only seen once every few generations.

Nothing says adventurer like something super exotic and obvious.

Also, no idea what this setting is or anything that happens in it, so this should be good.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

...amongst the blue-painted lanterns of Boeth's gaudy houses of personal entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    I wonder how big something has to be before it gets its own weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymme
    You can do whatever the heck you want and I'll follow like a starving sycophant so long as I can read it.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

-scavenging the ruins
    -the goddess Venus
    Last edited by Jon0113; 2015-12-16 at 02:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Most people refer to you as a "scavenger", more often than not with a look of incredulity, an upturned nose, or a stifled laugh, but...

Choice 1
    >...that's fine with me. Talk is cheap.
    >...I prefer "Adventurer"!
    >...I prefer, ahem, "Professional Dungeoneer".
    >...I prefer "Archaeologist".

Your whole life, you've been fascinated with the incredibly detailed markings on your hands. You've spent more nights than you can count, laying by candle-light, examining each and every line, imagining what it could mean. The map of an ancient city? The star-chart to a lost treasure? A message written in an alien language? The combination to a god's vault? Regardless, you have known deeply, in your heart of hearts, that it's no mere birthmark, and that it points somehow to your destiny - a grand destiny, waiting for you to find it.

Inspired by this, you spent your youth shunning practical skills, and disappointing your parents, by being so resolutely concerned with everything not useful to acquiring a stable job, finding a spouse, and collecting children. Most nights, you either sleep in the gutter, or camp in the some of the deeper ruins beneath the town that the other vagrants believe to be too dangerous to squat in. The relics you've found, and been content to part with, have fetched enough coin with passing traders to keep you and your associates fed and equipped, as well as maintain your...

Choice 2
    >Cestuses. I've hidden their iron plates to look like regular leather work-gloves. They come in handy in a bar brawl.
    >Bandolier of Throwing Knives. I've got some practice using them both in melee and at range.
    >Composite Bow. Arrows have had surprising utility while exploring - just add a rope or fire.
    >Straight sword and dagger. The latter has a wide guard, built for parrying and disarming.
    >Sledgehammer. Sometimes life's greatest obstacles are all in our mind. For everything else, there's a sledgehammer.

As well as some basic leather armor and...

Choice 3
    >Flashy, impractical clothes. Belts everywhere, a tremendous collection of shiny hair ornaments, extraneous ribbons, inexplicably bare midriff, etc.
    >Flashy, practical clothes. Some bright colors, a magnificent hat, and maybe a few too many pockets, but otherwise tough, solid, all-encompassing traveling gear.
    >Drab, impractical clothes. Flowing robes befitting a monk or scholar. Perfect for a long night bent over a dusty tome, not so much for leaping chasms and evading pendulum scythes.
    >Drab, practical clothes. Looks like every dirt-farming peasant anyone has ever seen.

13. - Top - End - #13

Unsurprised that graverobber won, I am.

>Bandolier of Throwing Knives. I've got some practice using them both in melee and at range.
    >Flashy, impractical clothes. Belts everywhere, a tremendous collection of shiny hair ornaments, extraneous ribbons, inexplicably bare midriff, etc.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

>Straight sword and dagger.
    >Flashy, practical clothes.

We a dandy now.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

>Cestuses. I've hidden their iron plates to look like regular leather work-gloves. They come in handy in a bar brawl.

>Flashy, practical clothes. Some bright colors, a magnificent hat, and maybe a few too many pockets, but otherwise tough, solid, all-encompassing traveling gear.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

> Spelunker (that is, the proper term for someone who explores caves)
    > Sledgehammer
    > Flashy impractical clothes

failing that:

> Professional Dungeoneer
    > Sledgehammer
    > Flashy impractical clothes
    I wonder how big something has to be before it gets its own weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymme
    You can do whatever the heck you want and I'll follow like a starving sycophant so long as I can read it.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

>Straight sword and dagger. The latter has a wide guard, built for parrying and disarming.
    >Flashy, impractical clothes. Belts everywhere, a tremendous collection of shiny hair ornaments, extraneous ribbons, inexplicably bare midriff, etc..
    Last edited by 7th son of sons; 2015-12-16 at 10:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

>Drab, practical clothes. Looks like every dirt-farming peasant anyone has ever seen.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style."
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

>KNIVES.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

> that's fine with me, talk is cheap
    > composite bow
    > practical drab clothing
    Last edited by Jon0113; 2015-12-17 at 05:25 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

>...I prefer "Archaeologist".
    >Composite Bow. Arrows have had surprising utility while exploring - just add a rope or fire.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

>Composite Bow. Arrows have had surprising utility while exploring - just add a rope or fire. Plus I just really like archery.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

You wear a heavy brown sleeveless leather buff-coat, with thinner, darker, more flexible leather underneath to cover your arms and legs. Your sturdy boots are ragged and patched from long usage, and your iron-shod gloves have been worn by more than their fair share of mud, blood, caustic ichor, flying teeth, and wayward blades. You have a thick belt covered in its entire length with pouches, pockets, and tethered purses, as well as several hidden pockets sown into the thighs and calves of your pants. You wear a deep emerald-green cape that flows down to your waist, and a large, wide-brimmed green hat accented with an enormous feather. In addition to a general hunting knife, you carry two daggers that you possess basic competency with, and a composite bow and quiver strapped to your back that you are much more adept at using.

You possess strong, handsome features that, when combined with your glorious hat and a few well-earned scars, can only be described as "rakish". Your long, dark brown hair is tied into a thick braid that reaches just below the end of your cape, bound at the end with a woven cord from which a heavy iron key dangles. You found it in the ruins, and after years of searching have still not found what it goes to.

At your side, a matte black metal cylinder about the length of your forearm and twice as thick is strapped to your belt by a handle at its top. It has two small levers on one side, and a slightly raised area at a 45 degree angle from the levers. This is the only fully functioning artifact from a prior age that you have found. You call it 'The Everbright Lantern'. When one lever is manipulated, the raised area on the cylinder is drawn inward and away, revealing a bright core of yellow light that illuminates everything with soft warmth in a cone in front of it. The second lever, when toggled, causes an internal mechanism to focus the light into a much thinner and much more intense beam of light. It doesn't appear to have an oil reservoir, and you've run it continuously for many hours at a time without it ever dimming. It is a real, tangible miracle that defies physical law.

Choice 1
    >I am male
    >I am female

You have three associates who follow you as their leader during delves into the ruins. Two of them have been with you for a while and cover some of your weaknesses. The newest, Rose Vest, you haven't become particularly attached to, and seems largely incompetent.

Choice 2 - Pick Two
    >I am strong of heart, but weak of arm, which my henchman, Ox, makes up for. His neck's about as thick as my torso.
    >I am charming, witty, but without a poker-face to speak of. My silver-tongued henchman, Alistair, does the negotiating.
    >I'm more of a 'big picture' person, and sometimes I have trouble finding things that are right in front of me. My henchwoman, 'Eagle-Eye' Basia, makes sure I don't miss anything.
    >I soak up a lot about legends and lost civilizations, but things like math and geography just go in one ear and out the other. My henchwoman, Mila, is the disowned child of a wealthy, educated family, and fills in the blanks.
    >Despite my rakish good looks, I'm a bit shy and have trouble opening up to people. I'm only the 'leader' insofar as I'm the most competent, courageous, and knowledgeable on the subject matter. My henchwoman, Rain, gives the inspiring speeches and gets everyone to actually work together.

Choice 3
    Putting aside my crew and my job for a moment, the most important thing in the world to me is...
    >My family. Despite not being what my parents really wanted, I'm still on speaking terms with them and drop by every now and again. My eldest sister wants nothing to do with me, but my younger brother and sister both adore me, and I adore them as well. I would drop everything and rush to their side in a moment if any one of them were in trouble.
    >Me. When I wouldn't conform to what my parents wanted, they disowned me. When I didn't conform to what this town wanted, they cast me as some kind of miscreant. But these are just my humble beginnings - I have a great destiny, bigger than this place, bigger than these people. Nothing is more important than finding the path to glory fate has ordained me with.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

>I am female

Don't really have any well thought out reasons; just a fan of female main characters.

>I soak up a lot about legends and lost civilizations, but things like math and geography just go in one ear and out the other. My henchwoman, Mila, is the disowned child of a wealthy, educated family, and fills in the blanks.
    >I am strong of heart, but weak of arm, which my henchman, Ox, makes up for. His neck's about as thick as my torso.

These two sound like they'd make for a good supporting team. I think that a lot of amusing banter could be had with Mila and Ox. Besides, one is a young girl, and the other is a super burly man. Plus our charismatic heroine, that makes a Beauty/Brains/Brawn trio!

>My family.

I think that the whole "disowned renegade" thing is kind of overwrought these days. Somebody who has a clear attachment to their family sounds more interesting.

26. - Top - End - #26

>I am male
    >My family.

I'm mostly fine with Kymme's choices, I'd just prefer a guy.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

>I am female
    >I am charming, witty, but without a poker-face to speak of. My silver-tongued henchman, Alistair, does the negotiating.

>My family. Despite not being what my parents really wanted, I'm still on speaking terms with them and drop by every now and again. My eldest sister wants nothing to do with me, but my younger brother and sister both adore me, and I adore them as well. I would drop everything and rush to their side in a moment if any one of them were in trouble.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

- I am female

- I am charming, witty
    - I am more of a big picture person

- my family

I was thinking about going for the charming good looks one, but that didn't seem to make sense with the first choice
    Last edited by Jon0113; 2015-12-17 at 08:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

-I am male
    >I'm more of a 'big picture' person, and sometimes I have trouble finding things that are right in front of me. My henchwoman, 'Eagle-Eye' Basia, makes sure I don't miss anything.
    >Despite my rakish good looks, I'm a bit shy and have trouble opening up to people. I'm only the 'leader' insofar as I'm the most competent, courageous, and knowledgeable on the subject matter. My henchwoman, Rain, gives the inspiring speeches and gets everyone to actually work together.
    -Me. When I wouldn't conform to what my parents wanted, they disowned me. When I didn't conform to what this town wanted, they cast me as some kind of miscreant. But these are just my humble beginnings - I have a great destiny, bigger than this place, bigger than these people. Nothing is more important than finding the path to glory fate has ordained me with.
    Going against the flow!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

>I am female

Sounds like the kind of character I would play.