Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 408
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha feels his soul being wrenched apart as he is pelted by bolts. The only time he felt something similar was when he was teleporting to the Material, but it is a tearing feeling as opposed to a funneling feeling.

    At the point where the pain reaches an unbearable threshold, he hears familiar voices. He is in darkness.

    The soulgate, sir. It's Ba--
    Don't care. It's destabilizing. Emeth, bind it--
    SER. IN PROCESS.

    Vutha does not feel the pain abate, but he does see a flash of images. He catches a glimpse of a garden where many saplings grow. The warm sun pours into the grove, and the air looks clear. The voices come back into the area he sees.

    FLUX SER.
    Emeth, more glyphs? I'll sta-

    He sees what looks like...a sandy whirlpool? Reflected in its disappearing matrix is what appears to be a shimmering material. Vutha finds himself slowly turning in what looks to him like an enormous hourglass. The voices boom into the glass, causing the shards and rocks to oscillate. This time, he has trouble understanding what's being said.

    As the images shimmer once again, he is again plunged into what appears to be darkness. THis time, however, the pain is gone. A voice reaches out to him.

    Vutha Suaco, that must be you. If you can hear me, I urge you to speak. Your soul was banished, and we barely contained it beyond death. What happened? Dead so soon?
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2015-12-20 at 09:38 PM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha seeing only darkness as he attempts to look around hears the voice calling out at him. He attempts to answer while having multiple things on his mind, "I- I- damn those arrows hurt... Wh- where am-; We were attacked outside. As soon as we left; he told us there was an ambush but NOT an army! I'll- I'll- Why can't I see anything?!"

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    You are de-stabilized, and will find yourself in a dark room with a single doorway. Do you have your equipment on you? Feel yourself and the world around you. Breathe in the air and try to imagine the door. It is filled with light. There are unlit candles by your feet. Do not hover. The more you interact with this world, the easier it will be to...return.

    You hear the voice breathe in and sigh out. Who told you what now?
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha listens to the voice and attempts to imagine the room. As he looks around, he feels for his equipment slowly. As he realizes that everything is in its proper place, including his sword, he looks to his right and sees the door through the darkness. Vutha then slowly breathes in and out before responding, "I do have my equipment and I see the door." As he moves up to the door, he feels himself walking like he did before the curse. Vutha then begins to open the door he continues to talk while breathing like normal as he feels there's no reason to distrust who is talking to him, "It was Tarok, a grand Thaumakarch of my kind that's in charge the enforcement guild." "He told us that there were people waiting outside of where we were, ready to attack us, that they had an ambush set up", Vutha says holding onto the door handle while standing in front of the doorway, just a few inches from the light on the other side. Vutha starts gripping tighter on the door handle as he starts to crush it in his hand, "He didn't mention that there was an army awaiting us as part of the ambush. How did attacking the couple of hunters on the track of the dwarf lead to us getting sl- WAIT... Where are the rest, did they survive?!"

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha can feel the metal resisting his crushing grip. His head hurts. It feels as if--as if he's lost something, but he can't remember what. Vutha's vision returns as he crumples the door-handle into scrap.

    He can see Abdul, the gnome Nimidia, and an elf that looks...rather stoic, even for an elf. The elf is fiddling with instruments at a table, and Vutha can hardly see what he is doing. Other than the table and a little area around it, the entire room is covered in symbols, many of them indicative of Psionic power. He can discern little, but most do not thrum with power he can measure.

    Abdul gives Vutha a confused look. I know little of the culture of the Rethi, and little of your friends as well. But as your kind are from what appears to be a dishonest hegemony, I wouldn't put it past him to only be working in his own idea of self-interest.

    As for your friends, I would know little of them. My knowledge of this world is little, and the more I learn about it, the more i'm convinced it's not actually worth saving. And speaking of saving....


    He takes a sharp inhale. I'm going to need a favor from you. It involves finding a monster and bringing it back alive. Now...I can give you a device that will protect you from her...unpleasant tricks.

    She is a medusa by the name of Eurykhrys. She is a prophet who went into hiding a little more than 50 years ago, and if you can find her, i'd be much obliged.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-01-21 at 09:46 PM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha drops the crumbled handle that's now in his hand as his head begins to hurt a little. He begins to hold his head in pain until it passes while listening to Abdul speak. As it starts to pass, he feels like he's missing something, something important that he should know. "Yes, most only have enough honor to make themselves better, that's why I decided to leave. I may have sought power which gave me my curse, but I did it to protect those I care for; especially when the price to pay for ending the curse is killing my bloodline", Vutha says as he lets go of his head. "Now, how alive/awake does she need to be if she doesn't want to come nicely?" Vutha continues as he tries to make his eyes come back into focus so he can see more.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Abdul nods. She must be unharmed enough to be able to complete her prophecies. I do not know what physically harming her would do, so I'd prefer her to not be harmed more than is necessary, or at all. I very much doubt she'd enjoy a physical conflict, but she;d be less willing to help a friend of a thug than a friend of a friend.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "So, mention you and everything should be golden?" Vutha asks in response, now looking at abdul.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Abdul laughs. Hardly. I am sure she has little interest in me, if she's heard. If she is as good an oracle as she is purported to be, though, i'm sure she can help me with some of my own interests. Eurykhrys is written about in many of the documents that belonged to the Druids and mystics of the Wild Woods before this world went to madness. It is said that she fled from her seaside island to find refuge in the mountains, and only a few years before the Cleansing.

    Eurykhrys is said to live "A place where soldiers are sent where they can't fail again." There are mountain-dwellers that find her when they need help, but I suspect you'll need to find her if this isn't the case. It's cryptic at best, but I hope to find one of the great mystics of the multiverse. Even learning of this riddle was...
    he winces. ...more costly than I care to admit.

    He hands over a ring that appears made out of green snakeskin. This should provide you a hefty protection against her nasty gaze, and might be symbolic to boot.

    Spoiler: item
    Show

    This item allows Vutha a +7 to resist Petrification effects.

    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha puts on the ring and says, "so, how am I getting there or to the general area?

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Abdul nods and says, Nimidia can help you there. Emeth and I have concerns that are past-due. If you'll excuse us... He looks expectantly at the Gnome and the Rethi while standing in the room.

    Nimidia nods to Abdul and slips out the door while it's ajar. Mister Vutha, I must reserve my powers for other endeavors for the time being. Come, let us walk to another room. As they walk, they pass by many thick, three-foot-wide doors. As they walk, she continues, Are you familiar with a place called the Underdark? It's said to connect all places, and there is a passage from here to Nidea. It only takes a few days' travel, and I believe it would deposit you close to where you'd like to be.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2015-12-27 at 12:48 AM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    [OOC: assuming deposit not posit]

    Vutha thinks for a moment but then says, "I can't say I am, though I might have heard the name before at least. But hey, if it gets me where I need to be quickly then I suppose it can't be all that bad right?"

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Nimidia grins with Vutha's response. I'm so glad you have a positive outlook on this. Okay. She reaches into a pouch in her side and produces a satchel that bulges with odd shapes--it's clearly an extradimensional-type bag--and when she hands you the satchel it feels light enough. This satchel has five loaves of a special bread made from some plants we cultivate here. They are highly nutritious, and should last you more than the few days it should take to travel your path.

    After you enter the door, travel down the right hall, and turn left into the third staircase leading down. You'll find a Troll guarding the entrance to the Underdark. Give him exactly two pieces of this bread. Not one, not three, and definitely not more than three. Got it?
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-01-02 at 03:31 AM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "I got it", Vutha says feeling like a mother is talking to him as he grabs the satchel from her hands nicely, even though he would have preferred to snatch it. "Well, anything else Nim, or am I free to go now?"

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Nimidia nods. Don't take the wrong staircase. The gnome takes the door handle, which is the latch-and-lever kind, and opens the door. She lets him pass, and waits for him to walk in.

    Vutha turns right, and passes many staircases that go straight to the side without dipping downwards. A few stairs travel up. At the end of the stairs, there are yet other doors. As he walks he spots several staircases leading downwards in a row. He finds two off to the right, then two more to the left further down the hallway. By his count that makes five he's seen.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-01-14 at 02:35 PM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha heads down the 4th staircase he's seen, heading down it.

    Spoiler: Thoughts
    Show
    so five stairs, Left up; down right; down right; down left; down left;
    Since the stairs on the right are bundled together before the left leading down, traveling the first down left one is the correct one to how Nim said it.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha travels down the hallway and opens the door and heads in. The door closes shut as soon as he has passed it. There is no latch to open it on this side. He walks for a great deal of time in a bare, dark hallway. After what seems like an hour, he is sure that he's gone the wrong way when he thinks he hears the muted sounds of...snoring?

    Not a minute later, he makes his way around a curve in the hallway that opens up--quite suddenly--to an enormous room filled almost entirely by a smooth, mossy green mass. It seems to rise and fall in the rhythm of the sounds that come from the few cracks left in the upper corners of the hallway.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha slowly and calmly draws his blade just to be on the safe side. however he looks around to see if there's a way around the sleeping person without disturbing them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Honestly, like my character i'm positive this isn't the wrong way, not the way Nim's info is written/spoken.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    As Vutha tries to peer around the creature, he catches only a few inches above the ten-foot sized space. He catches no other way around the creature'a belly unless he is a rat or gets violent. He realizes, too, that he can see part of the lower body, but that most of it is below the area he stands.

    There seems to be no way around it.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha looks over the character to make sure nothing's wrong with maybe just waking it up.

    Spoiler: Knowledge Roll
    Show
    Because it doesn't really matter if it's nature or dungeoneering

    (1d20+4)[16]

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    This creature features the mossy skin that is charteristic of a troll. A huge troll.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha pulls out two bread from the sack he has after sheathing his blade again. He then closes the sack and slightly hides the bread behind his back and with his other hand, he lightly taps on the troll's stomach (unless he can reach a shoulder) and says, "Um, excuse me..." while the heat from him might be warming the troll up on accident.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    The troll's body shifts, and a fleshy hand absentmindedly scratches at the place where Vutha pokes. It quickly goes back to its (muffled but noisy) rest.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha pokes again, still politely saying, "Hello... excuse me..."

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    The snoring interrupts briefly and Vutha's hand encounters a fat finger of the troll's. He hears a snort and the hand ascends quickly to above the area. The stomach turns violently and then it lifts out of the way. He feels the walls shake and hears the troll's grunts.

    The formerly-blocked passageway stretches a great length--about a hundred feet to the other side--and it seems to be the junction of a cross-shaped hallway. About ten feet below his standing point is a perilous trellis of pits and pockets in the stone floor, and the pits extend well beyond his ability to see. Hot and putrid air rises through the spaces.

    Before the head of the troll appears, some fingers appear and grip the passageway. Its face is easily a foot across and more than two feet tall. Whaat? Why you wake meee? YOuuu not Hashmalarrr Its breath smells of plant and moss mixed with decaying flesh.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-01-25 at 02:43 AM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "No indeed not. I'm Vutha and I was sent by Nimidia", Vutha says politely while slightly bowing if the troll can see. "who is Hashmalar?"

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Hummm... The troll takes pains to repeat the name several times. It walks away from Vutha's position and repeats the name over and over. If Vutha peers around the corner, the troll looks like he's consulting the walls of the long hallway to the immediate left of the Rethi's position.

    Spoiler: DC 19 Perception Check
    Show

    It looks at numerous scratches in the walls in the large Dwarven script characteristic of Giant. It would be impossible to read from this awkward angle until you are on the other side.

    Nimidia....Not knows Hashmalar. You are customer from Upstairs? You have favor... suddenly the troll looks excited, and his head returns to the opening You are here to feed Mosruuk? Breeaaad?
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-01-26 at 01:20 AM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "Yep, you got me", Vutha says showing the two loaves of bread. "I need to reach my destination to complete my mission. Can I pass?"

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha, once he presents the loaves of bread, is only vaguely aware of the troll's movement to snatch the loaves. The next thing he knows, he has been knocked about fourty feet backwards. His sword has been knocked from his grasp and his armor feels dented. Yeerrrmmmm When Vutha rights himself, he sees the troll has taken a quarter bite of a loaf but its several-foot-wide mouth overflows with vastly-expanding bread. Two Saponiiss Bread I take you want. What place you go? There are... the troll pauses. Thertee-- it shakes its head and looks again at the wall. Lots of places.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-01-26 at 01:33 AM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "I'm looking for Eurykhrys. She's said to live in a place in the mountains where soldiers are sent where they can't fail again. That is my destination" Vutha says while grabbing his blade back up and then feeling over his armor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •