Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 408
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Tirn, now a Varag, coils his muscles and springs forward, hoping to land on the other side safely. Though, if it failed, it had a back up plan.

    Spoiler: Jump Check
    Show
    (d20+4)[10] If I fail and am about to hit a wall, I will turn into something with a climb speed or a burrow speed to get up. Technically I could just turn into something with a flight speed, but bleh. Flying in a cavern is dumb.

    An Asabi to burrow and a jungle goblin to climb. If I have to fly... ugh, Avarial. An elf. Gross. Last resort.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Tirn is moving through the air on stone that used to be a column. He's moved over two hundred feet in about fifteen seconds and is almost exactly on target. Those Dwarves aren't always perfect. His jump will allow him to avoid splattering himself on the wall, but he will need to travel upwards about ten feet.

    Vutha reaches the bottom of the cavern and is about to watch a large stone column smash into the cavern walls. Several spiders are descending towards him. One reaches out with its legs, its mandibles dripping saliva. this spider has descended straight from the top of the cavern entrance, and as it drops down it snips away the silken threads that aided its descent.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Catching onto the fall, the Varag shifts its form as it slides down. A winged elven creature smacks into the wall with an unfortunate thud. Wincing, the creature looks back in time to see spiders descending upon an unknown figure. Assuming that the enemy of his enemy was an ally, or at least an innocent, the Avarai turned back and let out a screaming bolt of electricity right into the spiders.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    The Outsider was 60ft away, and then I jumped some distance. Based on my bad check, it couldn't have been more than 10ft or so... but even if it was 30, I can gt in range to use my DFA breath weapon. (I can't use my Hydra on in this form obviously.)

    So, damage, (5d6+5)[16] Power Surge + Recover Breath means my recharge time is 0. Since we ran for a minute, my hydra breath would have returned, but I can't use it in this form, as I said.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    (assuming there are now no spiders around him from them climbing down/the hydra attacking them)

    Vutha keeps out of the way of any spider and climbs upward on the silken threads the one spider left behind trying to get to whatever the hydra is now.

    Spoiler: Climbing
    Show
    If needed:
    (1d20+5)[8] +4 natural +1 for being bigger.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    The spiders leave Vutha alone: they are focused on traveling to where they're being summoned. They are large, as long as Vutha is tall. Gossamer hairs on their chitin flutter in their gait as they scuttle towards the battle. They dribble poison from their mandables, eager to have prey.

    As Vutha grabs one of the silken threads he is neither prepared for how sticky it is nor is he prepared to have several other spiders climbing down scuttle away from the lightning breath of the winged elf, giving him a difficult time of the climb.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-03-21 at 04:35 PM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "Go away outsider, I have no quarrel with you." The wing elf says passively, flying a ways away. "Or slay them with me, and I will help you across the chasm you are so clearly ill-equipped to cross."

    With that, the Elf chases after the spider, breathing more lightening after them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Can I see a way to collapse the tunnel and prevent the spiders from joining the battle? That's what I am supposed to be doing presently, right? Stopping the advance of the spiders?

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "Nor do I with either of you. However, one has to wonder why a hydra of all things is down in the underdark" Vutha says as he tries once more to climb the thread.

    Spoiler: climb
    Show
    (1d20+5)[19]

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "Oh... Finding an old friend. Not an old friend of mine, but an old friend of someone. No one you would know, I'm sure."

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    As Vutha (hopefully) continues to climb up, he responds, "try me."

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "It is no great secret that Eurykhrys is a friend of many. I seek her wisdom. But first I must stop these spiders from joining the battle."

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha and Tirn surmount the cliff, the former with a little time but no terrible danger. Amid the echoed sounds of battle, their silence is deafening. At the top, they have an excellent view of the battlefield. The large spiders rush towards the battlefield below, but many remain blocked because of recently-summoned wall of molten stone. The drow concentrate their attacks on the dwarves in small bursts. Short skirmishes happen all over the battlefield for about ten seconds: Groups of drow appear to attack the dwarven lines then vanish, leaving as soon as a loss is taken. Even without the spiders' help, the battle will press the Dwarves' resources.

    Facing the other way, he and Vutha catch a subdued but rank smell emanates from the spiders' cavern. Gossamer webs span past where they can see--for there is no light in the cavern, and they must rely upon their darkvision--but they get a sense that it's a massive room. From what they can see, it is crawling with spiders of various size and age. If they would collapse the entrance, it would need to be along this short hallway. A cursory glance reveals little, but perhaps a closer examination of the rocks will reveal more.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "So you're the other one they sent huh?", Vutha says in both a comment and a question. "Well, if you're hell bent on blocking this tunnel, once the drows are out of site, i'd be willing help. I am upholding my honorable agreement not to attack the drow, spiders aren't drow as far as I know."

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "Other one?" Tirn let the question hang, while his minds argued internally about this statement. "We are bent on blocking this tunnel. These spider are not drow. The spiders that were once drow are much more hideous, and grotesque, with too many legs. Or are half spider and half drow. Either are not drow, anymore, however, and neither are what we face now."

    The creature was revolted by its own appearance, and so it found a place to land safely, and turned into a humanoid salamander.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move action to move into cavern, somewhere to land, swift action to turn into an Abasi, standard action to make a look around check.

    (d20+23)[39] Perception

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Tirn's search takes less than a minute. He notices widened veins in the top of the tunnel that are mostly soft clay. He catches traces of the clay-substance on his feet: the tunnel isn't exactly stable in its current state. At the end of the tunnel, several more spiders gather, looking at the duo from afar as if to judge if they'd make a decent meal.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-04-02 at 03:17 PM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Tirn noted the weak state of the tunnel with more interest than he noted the spiders, so sure was he that the spiders would fall before him.

    The lizard spewed a thick, oily line of fire at the clay, hoping the heat would loosen it, and cause the tunnel to crumble. In the mean time, he kept himself ready to move out of the way of the falling rocks, either into or out of the tunnel.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha prepares to jump which ever way he needs to after seeing Tirn spit.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Tirn's breath bakes some of the dirt and mud. It cackles and crusts, and some flakes fall off as the dirt curls and crisps. He and Vutha both realize that if the tunnel has stood until now without collapsing, it would take a little more than magical fire to collapse: perhaps a strong arm and a blade to help remove the drier dirt.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    It takes a matter of minutes, and a few more spiders clad in battle-armor and dripping with vile venom pass them by as long as they are given wide berth.

    It is a simple matter: dry the dirt, pry it loose. Dry the dirt, pry it loose. And then the cavern ceiling begins to crack. Vutha pries out a large section of rock. There is a spurt and a sputter, and fairly soon, the cavern ceiling begins to crumble under Vutha.

    Spoiler: reflex
    Show
    (1d20)[16]
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Vutha barely makes it in time, and manages to catch several sharp sections of sharp and heated rock in his scramble away. From the other side, they manage to hear a few high-pitched distressed chittering sounds before the sounds of water overtake them.

    Soon the rush turns to a roar, as water pours forth from the loosed rocks. The water travels mostly the other direction, into the (now) blocked-off cave, but flows half a meter high towards and past you into the cavern below.

    The battle from up here has moved. Clumps of desecrated flesh, spider chitin, gore and assorted bones litter the ground but there are no dwarven soldiers or fresh Drow corpses to be seen.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Considering the job to be done, Tirn starts off to where he believes he must go to meet with the Medusa. Feeling the cavern might be cramped, the hydra shrinks in size, and changes in shape back into the Varag it was before. "Come along outsider. We have a date with a blind oracle."

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Spoiler: damage from the rock to Tirn and Vutha
    Show
    (4d8)[16] to each of you. This is half the damage dice I'd give, rounded down, with the collapsed cieling.


    Tirn's shift into the primal hobgoblin lends him speed yet again. Their course alters abruptly as they are on a cavern cliff edge, and the earthen bridge the dwarves made earlier is now ruined far below. However, the way to proceed is clear: below them and to the left of their position in the singular other passageway except the way back to the dwarven area. Vutha is able to make it down much more easily than climbing up: the silk facilitates his descent well.


    Their journey down the passage leads them to a series of trellis-bridges. Beyond the first set, options present themselves. Vutha's snake-ring guides them much of the way but eventually they come to two long bridges in divergent directions and Vutha's ring pulls equidistant between them.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-04-25 at 12:50 PM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Tirn waits for a moment, and then sees the dilemma on the outsider's face. "Left. I'm going left. Right is never right."

    Hustling along, Tirn tests the bridge's stability and then runs across if it's safe.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackwind1kaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    sorry, never got a notify that dark posted.


    If vutha sees tirn make it across, Vutha will also try to quickly make it across but will be ready to jump if need be.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    The two of you make it across the bridge easily. It seems to be in very good repair. You leave and travel for a while along a long corridor wide enough for three dwarves, but you get the sense that you are being followed. When you check behind you, however, there is little to see. There is a larger room ahead of you. Would you like to enter?
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Tirn look all around; above him, at the earthen floors, at the walls and then shrugs. "It is folly to stalk an apex predator." he mused out loud, and then proceeded to continue to follow the outsider with a magic ring to tell them where to go.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    As Tirn pressed on, the feeling came back to him but this time it felt the way before some Dwarves came to his location. He didn't know how they did it, but had some ideas.

    He hears a voice of a female, and an outline of a two people on horseback and an oddly-shaped bag as well behind him in shimmering white.
    "That sounds an awful lot like gladiatorial games, and it's been a good six weeks since I last got to perform in front of a crowd..."

    Vutha turns to the voices. What is this? Alala, is that you?
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Tirn turned towards the stranger, though it seemed to be a projection and not a person. "Lalala? Who is Lalala? Do you know of these new comers? We have little time for whatever this is. What do you want, Lalala?"

    Spoiler: WELCOME NEWCOMERS
    Show
    In your thread, Tirn is described as a Hydra, which us true, but he is shapeshifted into a Varag.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2016-05-04 at 01:56 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Greyverse
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    Tai

    What appears to be a very large rat on the back of the horse? nudges the humanoid torso rising from the front of the horse and whispers, "I think it's talking to you."
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    history's worst MLP cosplay.
    Custom Class

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ~Corvus~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perched in a tree
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    The forms of Alala, Tai and Omar shift into visibility. Nearby, Omar hears the near-silent curse of a person he can't detect.

    Vutha

    The sword-wielding outsider hovers to face Tirn. Tai and Alala are companions of mine. How did you all get here?
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2016-05-04 at 02:24 PM.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan ItS | Nezumi

    more

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: In Search of Humanity - Finding the Parts

    "...Huh. When they said they were going to send us to the 'sixth quarter', I was expecting something with... y'know... more dwarves in it. And fewer... giant... hobgoblins..."

    Alala doesn't have the knowledge checks to identify exotic species like a Varag.

    "Still, that's not important right now. Vutha! It's been... about a day, actually. Huh, seems longer. Still, there was that ambush, and you disappeared, and... yeah, we were kinda left hanging there for a bit. Good to see you're still around, even if we don't seem to be exactly where we were aiming to be. And who's your friend?" Without waiting for an answer, the centaur extended a hand to Tirn. "I'm Alala, an organic self-guided lance propulsion system. Also I think I've just been teleported into the wrong place, so if either of you know which way I'm supposed to go to hit dwarves, some directions would be much appreciated..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •