New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Wonder if I'll get any takers? I give permission!
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Ooh, a new thingy to sully with bad jokes! I already gave permapersimmons so I don't have to reiterate I suppose.

I got some pretty noice stuff for christmas. A sexy GPU and Fallout 4. Both are good.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    Wonder if I'll get any takers? I give permission!
    Oh a new arrival?
    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Ooh, a new thingy to sully with bad jokes! I already gave permapersimmons so I don't have to reiterate I suppose.

I got some pretty noice stuff for christmas. A sexy GPU and Fallout 4. Both are good.
    So my older bro got me Rainbow 6 Siege, for my PS4 and did the same for my little bro, then convinced my oldest brother to by a PS4 and then gifted him a copy.

So now we have a chalk. o.o

I just want to play mechwarrior on my new shiny PC I built.

EDIT: Was video card did you get?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-12-25 at 07:45 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh a new arrival?

So my older bro got me Rainbow 6 Siege, for my PS4 and did the same for my little bro, then convinced my oldest brother to by a PS4 and then gifted him a copy.

So now we have a chalk. o.o

I just want to play mechwarrior on my new shiny PC I built.

EDIT: Was video card did you get?
    GTX 960. So smoooooooth
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

GTX 960. So smoooooooth
    Yeah, that's what I got. 970s are defective and 980s are expensive.

And you can buy a second one and SLI them for pretty cheap if you like screen tearing and bugs.

... it might be a while before I upgrade.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I've got one for our draconic inspired friends.

Draconium Fever

Willsave DC 15, incubation day varies; see text

Hoard fever is found especially among the dragon touched races, races with dragon ancestry all the way back to 15 generations. Mind you that does not include Dragons themselves, though they once in a while display all the signs towards Hoard Fever. Apart form the dragon related races, Dwarves seem to develop a weakness to it without the relation to Dragons. They need to make a DC 13 ave, without their racial bonus against poisons and diseases.

When contracted, the sufferer gets a need to hoarding. Whenever a sufferer must relinquish control over a magic item, an item of power, money or other valuable things, the sufferer must make a DC 16 will save. Each time the sufferer succeeds the DC increases by 1 until the sufferer fails the save. Then the sufferer will do anything in his power to keep the aforementioned valuables to himself.

This affliction is purely mental and can only be cured through Wish and/or divine intervention, but not Limited Wish

And then something form our Bard Friend Ilyahir:

The Clap

Contact Fortsave DC 18, incubation period 1 week, during which you can spread the disease's effects.

The Clap is a disease often found among Bards, who, as a matter of promiscuity and handsome features have lots of contact with other people. This disease lowers the CHA of the diseased with 2d6 ability damage. The ability damage cannot be healed before the diseases has been cured with the Cure Diseases spell. The diseased can be identified by an incessant scratching of the crotch area (DC15 Willsave to resist for an hour)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Seriously, has this trhead died so soon? I hardly had the cnace to make up stuff and people hardly got the chance to post their permission.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

I hope it hasn't, this one is a great ideal.
    Edit- we have to pm the person right?
    Last edited by Elandris Kajar; 2015-12-27 at 10:41 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    Wouldn't a half-elf/half-orc be a Fork?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    And besides, it's a ludicrous way of breaking the game by twisting rules beyond all recognition. Kobolds have to be involved in there somewhere.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elandris Kajar View Post
    I hope it hasn't, this one is a great ideal.
    Edit- we have to pm the person right?
    You don't have to PM them if they've given permission in this thread, or in the perma-permission thread. If they haven't given permission, you also don't have to PM them, but you really shouldn't be posting something for that person.

It is a courtesy to PM them if you've posted something for them and they apparently haven't noticed after a day or so. People like to be recognized.

Ahem.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Felblight (Injury, DC see text)

Felblight is a red, viscous liquid poison that can be applied to weapons much like any other. Its effects depend on the alignment of the target, though the secondary effect and the primary effect are always identical:

Lawful Evil: No effect.
    Neutral Evil/Lawful Neutral: 1d6 Int damage DC 10
    True Neutral: 2d6 Int damage DC 15.
    Chaotic Evil or Lawful Good: 1d6 Int Drain DC 15
    Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Good: 1d6 Int Damage 1d6 Int Drain DC 20
    Chaotic Good: 2d6 Int Drain DC 25.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Seriously, has this trhead died so soon? I hardly had the cnace to make up stuff and people hardly got the chance to post their permission.
    No the Holiday's happened, and that derails everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as things Xuldarinar has added to the eggnog

Soon this thread will spring back to life, like a disease you thought had gone away so you stopped taking your meds. I am sure of it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Soon this thread will spring back to life, like a disease you thought had gone away so you stopped taking your meds. I am sure of it.
    we need virgin female elven cleric of lawful good god to sacrifice( problem though she needs to be willing to became sacrifice and needed to be around decent( around 17 or more) level) so we can summon nurgle to this dimension to jump start this treat again
    if you ask me ( or want to create for me ) the good old insanity works for me because like delirium I some times hit with sanity headache

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I specifically started it because I wasn't sure if I would have time to update around the holidays. All things considered, I think it's going smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    we need virgin female elven cleric of lawful good god to sacrifice( problem though she needs to be willing to became sacrifice and needed to be around decent( around 17 or more) level) so we can summon nurgle to this dimension to jump start this treat again
    if you ask me ( or want to create for me ) the good old insanity works for me because like delirium I some times hit with sanity headache
    Why sacrifice something like that when you can give it to me?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

That Draconium Fever, though... I love it. I'm definitely going to throw that one into one of my campaigns.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Felblight (Injury, DC see text)

Felblight is a red, viscous liquid poison that can be applied to weapons much like any other. Its effects depend on the alignment of the target, though the secondary effect and the primary effect are always identical:

Lawful Evil: No effect.
    Neutral Evil/Lawful Neutral: 1d6 Int damage DC 10
    True Neutral: 2d6 Int damage DC 15.
    Chaotic Evil or Lawful Good: 1d6 Int Drain DC 15
    Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Good: 1d6 Int Damage 1d6 Int Drain DC 20
    Chaotic Good: 2d6 Int Drain DC 25.
    Hmm, yes... This will do. This will do nicely.

Consider this reciprocation.

Twisttongue
    Type: Disease, inhaled
    Save: Fortitude, DC 16
    Onset: 1d6 days

Twisttongue causes swelling of the tongue and mouth that makes it difficult to form words. Those afflicted take a -5 to all rolls involving speech, including Truespeak checks. Additionally, they suffer a 10% chance of arcane spell failure for any spell with verbal components.

And a bonus.

Cursemind
    Type: Disease, mental, magical
    Save: Will, DC 16
    Onset: 1d6 days

Cursemind is a magical disease that afflicts those who craft magical items. When a person afflicted with Cursemind attempts to craft a magical item, he must make a Will save, DC 16, or else the disease warps his perception. If he fails his save, the item produced is a cursed item, providing a penalty instead of a bonus, or backfiring in its function, at DM's discretion.

Those who do not craft magical items may be carriers for the disease, but are not affected by it.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-12-27 at 07:38 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: I don't have to pretend to be evil.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Always sacrifice good clerics of pelor. They are just ideals clerics anyway; worshiping a form of a god that doesn't exist. The greatest question is how pelor convinced the other gods to let him live in celestia.

Edit: also I hate having to post on my phone. Why did a drunk guy have to hit a power pole.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-12-27 at 09:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

(for Xuldarinar, if it wasn't obvious. Also help I'm becoming addicted to Fallout 4)

Shadepox

Type: Disease, Contact
    Save: Fortitude DC 26
    Onset: 1d4 days
    Damage: 1d4 CON drain/day

Shadepox manifests itself in the form of dark pustules, typically around 2-4 millimeters across and filled with what appears to be shadows, or a swirling and dark cloudy liquid, around an injury delivered by the Shadow. The victim of the disease suffers 1d4 CON drain per day, until they reach 0 constitution. Upon reaching 0 constitution, they die and are turned into a Shadow themselves. If the victim's Hit Dice are greater than 10, they instead become a Greater Shadow.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

(for Xuldarinar, if it wasn't obvious. Also help I'm becoming addicted to Fallout 4)

Shadepox

Type: Disease, Contact
    Save: Fortitude DC 26
    Onset: 1d4 days
    Damage: 1d4 CON drain/day

Shadepox manifests itself in the form of dark pustules, typically around 2-4 millimeters across and filled with what appears to be shadows, or a swirling and dark cloudy liquid, around an injury delivered by the Shadow. The victim of the disease suffers 1d4 CON drain per day, until they reach 0 constitution. Upon reaching 0 constitution, they die and are turned into a Shadow themselves. If the victim's Hit Dice are greater than 10, they instead become a Greater Shadow.

This pleases me immensely, for a number of reasons. Thank you.

I was going to post something, and I might as well at this point even if it is promoting a homebrew of mine;

I welcome individuals to create plagues/poisons/diseases/positoxins/ravages/afflictions/ect that somehow interact with this system. If it serves as inspiration, I would be delighted. If it doesn't, then... my expectations have been met.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Mine is a rl disease? Where's the style? I was expecting a pun or something.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Always sacrifice good clerics of pelor. They are just ideals clerics anyway; worshiping a form of a god that doesn't exist. The greatest question is how pelor convinced the other gods to let him live in celestia.
    Canonically, he is good because 3.5 is the only edition of DnD.

Seriously though, I think the gods have gotten some shuffling. Evil Pelor might be people mixing him up with St. Cuthbert in an edition where the Saint was LN.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Why sacrifice something like that when you can give it to me?
    buddy on normal day I use mind rape(i know a golden comand that makes any one my slave) instead but to summon some evil god you must have some standards that combo gives +7 (due her being willing )on the check only thing you can add is unhallow the target area for additional +1 and maybe some undead with dark speak to boost the result
    edit corrected a number
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2015-12-28 at 01:05 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Canonically, he is good because 3.5 is the only edition of DnD.

Seriously though, I think the gods have gotten some shuffling. Evil Pelor might be people mixing him up with St. Cuthbert in an edition where the Saint was LN.
    3.5 pelor is evil, just look at all the evidence like... um... that one cleric of pelor in the phb that can prepare symbol of pain... yep see all kinds of evidence.

besides, i don't understand what edition of dnd you could be referencing, do people make up editions?
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-12-28 at 12:53 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

3.5 pelor is evil, just look at all the evidence like... um... that one cleric of pelor in the phb that can prepare symbol of pain... yep see all kinds of evidence.

besides, i don't understand what edition of dnd you could be referencing, do people make up editions?
    Theres more evidence than that, but it is certainly a part of it.

We can make the argument that 3.P is an artificial edition, as is 3e or 3.5 sufficiently modified by 3rd party/homebrew content.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

I was kidding, unless you count PF as a DnD edition.
    Theres more evidence than that, but it is certainly a part of it.
    "Evidence" is really useless against strict facts. This isn't My Little Pony, the lore doesn't leave much to speculate on, and when it does it's a straight up mistake or due to laziness.

After that, the PHB is the be all end all source for that sort of information, so it's all moot anyway.
    We can make the argument that 3.P is an artificial edition, as is 3e or 3.5 sufficiently modified by 3rd party/homebrew content.
    We could. I mean, if we were to take it seriously, is Pelor referred to as evil in 3.5 at all/specifically?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-12-28 at 01:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

I was kidding, unless you count PF as a DnD edition.
    "Evidence" is really useless against strict facts. This isn't My Little Pony, the lore doesn't leave much to speculate on, and when it does it's a straight up mistake or due to laziness.

After that, the PHB is the be all end all source for that sort of information, so it's all moot anyway.

We could. I mean, if we were to take it seriously, is Pelor referred to as evil in 3.5 at all/specifically?
    you now i dont think any one with sane mind in wotc decides to put this in to game
    Spoiler: and the image
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    That Draconium Fever, though... I love it. I'm definitely going to throw that one into one of my campaigns.
    Glad you like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Mine is a rl disease? Where's the style? I was expecting a pun or something.
    The style= Well for starters, it haves its own themesong! Something worthy of a bardic performance, and whatīs more, apart from pregnancy, you now have DnDīs #1 venerial disease. Plus I thought it was so fitting I couldnīt not put it into the game.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Glad you like it!

The style= Well for starters, it haves its own themesong! Something worthy of a bardic performance, and whatīs more, apart from pregnancy, you now have DnDīs #1 venerial disease. Plus I thought it was so fitting I couldnīt not put it into the game.
    socratov is insanity works in this treat cause ı might be dancing with her( insanity) in a paso doble song all my life
    via la insanity todo el mundo may the madness be with you

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    socratov is insanity works in this treat cause ı might be dancing with her( insanity) in a paso doble song all my life
    via la insanity todo el mundo may the madness be with you
    Ehm, guys, I think My Khadgar is broken, so, do I get a new one or do I send him off for repairs?
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...