New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

I'm just going to sit here and wait. I'll get to smite all these undead soon...
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'm just going to sit here and wait. I'll get to smite all these undead soon...
    Nah, you can cycle down. We've banished most of them when we said mindless undead don't exist.

Sry guyz.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #123

Nah, you can cycle down. We've banished most of them when we said mindless undead don't exist.

Sry guyz.
    Torm's Second Law: A paladin that's begun smiting, shall not waste his smite attempt.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Torm's Second Law: A paladin that's begun smiting, shall not waste his smite attempt.
    Ugh, fine. Smite me then.

The things I do for you *angry mumbling*
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-12-29 at 01:11 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #125

Ugh, fine. Smite me then.

The things I do for you *angry mumbling*
    Torm's 385th Law: Read the SRD

Quote Originally Posted by Smite Evil
    If the paladin accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day.
    You're Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Neutral at worst. Which brings us back to Torm's second law...

It's okay, I once held a smite in for three days.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Well, you know, if it lasts for more than four hours...
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, you know, if it lasts for more than four hours...
    I get seven of these things a day. I saw my local cleric about it once, he told me if wasn't bad for my health and to come see him again if it ever breaks 15. He also told me not to hold smites in for more than 103 hours. Not sure what happens then.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

I get seven of these things a day. I saw my local cleric about it once, he told me if wasn't bad for my health and to come see him again if it ever breaks 15. He also told me not to hold smites in for more than 103 hours. Not sure what happens then.
    you need a small party of paladins with a total of 108 smites. Everyone needs to name their smites. For example your first smite of the day could be named Bob. Then you will become very attached to your smites and begin to personify them.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I've always considered mindless undead as survivalists. They are fueled by negative energy. Since positive energy reinforces living creatures and harms undead and negative energy does the opposite, then the two energies must function like matter and antimatter: they negate each other.

A mindless undead attacks living for the sole reason that positive energy is anathema to undead. They are only "evil" in that they do, in fact, kill people. They don't think about it, they only see a source of positive energy and to them positive energy = lethal.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I've always considered mindless undead as survivalists. They are fueled by negative energy. Since positive energy reinforces living creatures and harms undead and negative energy does the opposite, then the two energies must function like matter and antimatter: they negate each other.

A mindless undead attacks living for the sole reason that positive energy is anathema to undead. They are only "evil" in that they do, in fact, kill people. They don't think about it, they only see a source of positive energy and to them positive energy = lethal.
    I actually really like this argument. I'm going to use it in the future.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I actually really like this argument. I'm going to use it in the future.
    I had a LN halfling necromancer who used mindless undead as tools of his trade. He was a gravekeeper with max ranks in Know:Religion. Whenever his party killed creatures, he offered prayers to the primary gods of that creature's race to carry their soul into the afterlife. He actually hated when people became intelligent undead or came back to life, viewing it as unnatural and actively viewed those who had been raised or resurrected as abominations to nature. He was fine with the Druid's reincarnation spell. That moves the soul forward, not pulling it back.

I have a lot of time to think about things like this.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-12-29 at 12:45 PM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

I had a LN halfling necromancer who used mindless undead as tools of his trade. He was a gravekeeper with max ranks in Know:Religion. Whenever his party killed creatures, he offered prayers to the primary gods of that creature's race to carry their soul into the afterlife. He actually hated when people became intelligent undead or came back to life, viewing it as unnatural and actively viewed those who had been raised or resurrected as abominations to nature. He was fine with the Druid's reincarnation spell. That moves the soul forward, not pulling it back.

well he is a use full guy it may help in the situation as he pulls a prayer for npc race out of wild blue for their slain comrades

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

This is a brilliant idea. I would totally play a necromancer like that - if I liked playing minionmancers at all. But I don't. Though I may still create a necromancer with a similar attitude who focuses on fear effects and other sorts of debuffs.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

You're Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Neutral at worst. Which brings us back to Torm's second law...

Neutral? Sure, let's go with that.

That's the case for intelligent/"natural" undead, but I couldn't find any precedent for acting without orders. *shrugs*

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Warning: TVTropes.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-12-29 at 05:07 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

I got it. There is a bomb down the hall that will collapse a dam killing thousands. The only thing in your way are some LN guards just doing their job. You are holding your smite. Quick what do you do.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-12-29 at 06:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I got it. There is a bomb down the hall that will collapse a dam killing thousands. The only thing in your way are some LN guards just doing their job. You are holding your smite. Quick what do you do.
    Ermmmm... I got this: you send the monk in to distract them by being lawful and stuff (hopefully allowing him to eat their souls afterwards for his hard work) and you walk by like you own the place. Or send the rogue so they can actually defuse the bomb, which is the smart thing to do. But you're a paladin, so we don't expect you to pick the smartest option.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, simple. Collect the spines. Form them into a jump rope. They won't be using them anyway, right?

Spines spines spines. They once were yours, but now they are mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Ermmmm... I got this: you send the monk in to distract them by being lawful and stuff (hopefully allowing him to eat their souls afterwards for his hard work) and you walk by like you own the place. Or send the rogue so they can actually defuse the bomb, which is the smart thing to do. But you're a paladin, so we don't expect you to pick the smartest option.
    Speaking of paladins...

Oh LP, would you be a dear and collect a list for me?

19. - Top - End - #139

Simplest answer is obviously to overcomplicate things. Particularly by animating the bomb and commanding it not to explode. Later you mass produce lesser versions of the animated bomb and have them explode at your leisure. Except that having them explode would be a waste of resources so they get to instead be on perpetual standby.

A thought occurs.
    Why is it that when dragons do it it's called Hoarding and everyone fights for the chance to see such a glorious sight but when artificers do it its called hoarding and there's a tv show about how gross it is?

20. - Top - End - #140

Probably send in one of my good friends that is a monk to distract the-

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    But you're a paladin, so we don't expect you to pick the smartest option.
    Someone isn't getting any souls.

Spines spines spines. They once were yours, but now they are mine.
    Hahaha. I mean... let's not do that.

Speaking of paladins...

Oh LP, would you be a dear and collect a list for me?
    Only if you'll be a dear and look over this for me.

21. - Top - End - #141

Previous - Sweep #1 - Next

Submissions
    Hoarding Disease (Draconium)
    Yandere-itis (Snowbluff)
    Divine Affliction (LoyalPaladin)
    Phoenix Fever (NeoPhoenix0)
    Flower Venom (Snowbluff)
    Artist Bane (Marlowe)
    Torm's Malady (LoyalPaladin)
    Draconium Fever (Draconium)
    The Clap (Bards, Illyahr?)
    Fel Blight (Red Fel)
    Twisttongue (Jormengand)
    Curse Mind (Jormengand)
    Shadepox (Xuldarinar)
    Rubbleskin (unseenmage)
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-04 at 05:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

NecromancerGuy

I am not yet a pox on anyone's houses. Fiddlesticks.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

I just spent the last 40ish minutes cleaning up my extended signature. Holy Torm... at least now there is a semi-complete way to view all the old GitP Regulars as X threads.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Fiddle sticks disease

A common affliction effecting elderly adventures. It causes cramping of the hands and prevents the ability to pick up anything more substantial than a handful of sticks.

10-14 day incubation period
    1 str damage per 2 days of infection non fatal
    Transmitted through contact with infected
    Can be treated through restoration, but only remove disease will cure

Originated in haunted forest

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrocket View Post
    Fiddle sticks disease
    The best of responses. Hahaha.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    A thought occurs.
    Why is it that when dragons do it it's called Hoarding and everyone fights for the chance to see such a glorious sight but when artificers do it its called hoarding and there's a tv show about how gross it is?
    Because dragons are supposed to hoard things. It's an integral part of our nature, like breathing, sleeping, and eating. That, and usually dragon hoards are quite nice to look at, unlike other types of hoards.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

27. - Top - End - #147

Snowbluff, your inbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Because dragons are supposed to hoard things. It's an integral part of our nature, like breathing, sleeping, and eating. That, and usually dragon hoards are quite nice to look at, unlike other types of hoards.
    I agree with the second part, but you could argue that hoarding is part of a hoarder's nature as well and that there should be a TV show about excessive dragon hoarding. Did Smaug really need that much gold?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree with the second part, but you could argue that hoarding is part of a hoarder's nature as well and that there should be a TV show about excessive dragon hoarding. Did Smaug really need that much gold?
    Well, you see very nearly every dragon hoarding, but not nearly every human. Hoarding is a part of dragon nature as a whole, but not a part of human (or elf, construct, outsider, etc...) nature. Under most circumstances.

And Smaug got all that gold from the dwarves, the only other race I can think of (right now) that has a similar nature. Now, did he need it all? Probably not. Did the dwarves? Of course not, that's how you get dragons.

Extended Signature Link

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Well, you see very nearly every dragon hoarding, but not nearly every human. Hoarding is a part of dragon nature as a whole, but not a part of human (or elf, construct, outsider, etc...) nature. Under most circumstances.

And Smaug got all that gold from the dwarves, the only other race I can think of (right now) that has a similar nature. Now, did he need it all? Probably not. Did the dwarves? Of course not, that's how you get dragons.
    This conversation is causing my Dragonlance PTSD to flare up again. I hung up my +5 Large Dragonmetal valorous dragon bane lance almost two years ago, but I'm having a hard time not grabbing it right now.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

This conversation is causing my Dragonlance PTSD to flare up again. I hung up my +5 Large Dragonmetal valorous dragon bane lance almost two years ago, but I'm having a hard time not grabbing it right now.
    Well, then, my apologies. I'll try not to induce a PTSD-smiting-rage in you from now on.

Although, now that I think about it, a TV show about dragon hoarders could be entertaining. At the very least, you'd never run out of dragons to film, as long as any remain in that plane.

Extended Signature Link