New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Grief In the Shell: Madokapunk FFRP OOC/Recruitment

You know I'm in.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in, but I have questions as to what is meant by "resuscitating" this game.

Is the idea to pick up more-or-less where we left off, or to do something more like rebooting it, or something else?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post

Is the idea to pick up more-or-less where we left off, or to do something more like rebooting it, or something else?
    Picking up where it was left off would be it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post

The hope was to pick up where we left off, yes. I would rather continue the storylines we've had than start something new entirely, since that is what I'm personally invested in. And if we happen to get more people onboard, all the better.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

In which case, some degree of a recap might be nice to have for those of us who have sort of forgotten what was going on.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm interested. I'm working out some thoughts on magical girls, and pointing myself firmly in the direction of "heartbreaking wishes."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'd appreciate some recap. Thanks
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Right. I'll do a quick and dirty recap then.

Step one: Mayor Arata, a beloved public official, gets murdered. Neo-Mitakihara's political tensions had been running high not too long before that event, and the mayor had been the only one able to keep those tensions at bay.

Step two: a manhunt starts for the culprit(s). The Neo-Mitakihara Security Force starts its investigation.

Step three: someone bombs Kato Towers, a massive business complex next to a school, home to the offices and research labs of some of the most prominent technology companies in the city. The wish of a single girl keeps it all from happening, however, and in the process wipes out pretty much all evidence pointing to the culprit.

Step four: in the meantime, the combined efforts of "Grim Reaper" Satou, "Sinhunter" Zhen, Duncan Turnbull III and Leysa turn up the murder weapon as well as a potential suspect. A short but heated battle later the suspect is apprehended, and he coughs up the name of an organization called Heaven's Gate, implicating that Arata's murder had to do with the perfecting of a man-made mashou creation system.

Step five: Makoto Kujoh gets bored. In the wake of the disappearance of a mashou called Nuan, he decides to look for her in the Old City, the only place in Neo-Miki that isn't drowning in security cameras. He manages to find both Nuan and her former partner, Hoa. Together, the three head to Makoto's private cave for hilarious shenanigans note comparisons in regards to Mayor Arata's death. This leads them to investigate a completely different organization called the Knights of the Purple Star, since Makoto suspects the death of Arata and the bombing are linked.

Step six: Nadica Novak, a mashou with a known grudge against the Wishcraft Foundation, is detained and interrogated by the NMSF Chief. The interrogation is cut short by a mysterious spam email sent by a military legend that's been missing for the last thirty years or so: Big Boss.

Step seven: Big Boss, Nadica and Leysa start a separate manhunt to prove her innocence and apprehend the culprits behind the explosion and the murder. Though they, too, discover the involvement of Heaven's Gate, their findings happen to involve a bit of database hacking and suspect-identifying. This is where they last stopped.

Step eight: The NMSF Chief has his hands full handling the diplomatic fallout of Arata's death as a JSDF ship happens to be parked just outside the city, and demanding command over the investigation. Heaven's Gate is known to be associated with them, but being a black ops group, they have "plausible deniability" written all over their faces.

Step nine: Makoto, Nuan and Hoa discover that the explosives and materiel employed in both the murder and the bombings likely came from a JSDF warehouse thanks to an interview with the Knights. Just prior to that, Makoto has his first Wraith battle. Lots of "KILLING IT WITH FIRE!" is involved.

Step ten: Shang Fei is introduced to one of his neighbors. They have tea, and Shang Fei shows exactly how much of a lovable dork he can be.

I skipped most of Rio's stuff, admittedly, but Strawbs can recap that better than I can. I'm just playing her mom, after all.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Thoughts by Captain Gomes over the course of the events.

NMSF Chief believes that Nadica Novak should have been taken behind a shed and shot decades ago, blames self.

NMSF Chief believes that Big Boss is a brain-damaged imbecile, needs an aspirin.

NMSF Chief believes that independence may not be an altogether terrible idea, deletes save file on wishful thinking.

NMSF Chief believes that machines are infinitely better than people, contemplates values of misanthropy.

NMSF Chief believes that morons and maniacs surround him, receives confirmation from supercomputer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

@4: Said murder weapon is brought to Vo Masaki, a ZT researcher with a reputation for eccentricity and stunning advances in the field of "lack of common decency", where she determines that whoever used it must have had implants or an aftermarket military thingy or a really good pita wrap or something, I think.

@~7ish?: Vo Masaki offers her friend(ish) Nadica her moral support and shameless, artless flirting. and maybe other stuff

@10: Shang's new neighbor Yrra concludes that he is a huge dork; she is mildly thirsty for tea (which she receives) and waifus (working on it).

And that's all I remember.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

So... just out of a positively bizarre sense of curiosity, what do you suppose happens if a young man offers to get mystically made and wishes on a qb to be a pimp for magical girls?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

My best guess would be ostracism.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Right. I'll do a quick and dirty recap then.

Step one: Mayor Arata, a beloved public official, gets murdered. Neo-Mitakihara's political tensions had been running high not too long before that event, and the mayor had been the only one able to keep those tensions at bay.

Step two: a manhunt starts for the culprit(s). The Neo-Mitakihara Security Force starts its investigation.

Step three: someone bombs Kato Towers, a massive business complex next to a school, home to the offices and research labs of some of the most prominent technology companies in the city. The wish of a single girl keeps it all from happening, however, and in the process wipes out pretty much all evidence pointing to the culprit.

Step four: in the meantime, the combined efforts of "Grim Reaper" Satou, "Sinhunter" Zhen, Duncan Turnbull III and Leysa turn up the murder weapon as well as a potential suspect. A short but heated battle later the suspect is apprehended, and he coughs up the name of an organization called Heaven's Gate, implicating that Arata's murder had to do with the perfecting of a man-made mashou creation system.

Step five: Makoto Kujoh gets bored. In the wake of the disappearance of a mashou called Nuan, he decides to look for her in the Old City, the only place in Neo-Miki that isn't drowning in security cameras. He manages to find both Nuan and her former partner, Hoa. Together, the three head to Makoto's private cave for hilarious shenanigans note comparisons in regards to Mayor Arata's death. This leads them to investigate a completely different organization called the Knights of the Purple Star, since Makoto suspects the death of Arata and the bombing are linked.

Step six: Nadica Novak, a mashou with a known grudge against the Wishcraft Foundation, is detained and interrogated by the NMSF Chief. The interrogation is cut short by a mysterious spam email sent by a military legend that's been missing for the last thirty years or so: Big Boss.

Step seven: Big Boss, Nadica and Leysa start a separate manhunt to prove her innocence and apprehend the culprits behind the explosion and the murder. Though they, too, discover the involvement of Heaven's Gate, their findings happen to involve a bit of database hacking and suspect-identifying. This is where they last stopped.

Step eight: The NMSF Chief has his hands full handling the diplomatic fallout of Arata's death as a JSDF ship happens to be parked just outside the city, and demanding command over the investigation. Heaven's Gate is known to be associated with them, but being a black ops group, they have "plausible deniability" written all over their faces.

Step nine: Makoto, Nuan and Hoa discover that the explosives and materiel employed in both the murder and the bombings likely came from a JSDF warehouse thanks to an interview with the Knights. Just prior to that, Makoto has his first Wraith battle. Lots of "KILLING IT WITH FIRE!" is involved.

Step ten: Shang Fei is introduced to one of his neighbors. They have tea, and Shang Fei shows exactly how much of a lovable dork he can be.

I skipped most of Rio's stuff, admittedly, but Strawbs can recap that better than I can. I'm just playing her mom, after all.
    @1: Koizumi Rio wakes up for a normal school day, has breakfast, takes the tram to Kato tower, in the Neo-Mitakihara Growth and Development center with her faithful german shepherd companion, Kin. Some incubators invisibly plot.

@3: Rio is having lunch as the bomb goes off. The school evacuates to the skybridge. Kin stays behind to help. The kids make it to the skybridge without incident, but Satou brings Kin and the boy he was helping back, the dog being fatally injured. An incubator approaches Rio with a wish offer. She makes a wish to undo the bombing. The news spreads around.

@4: Rio talks with Gomes at the NMSF station, meets up with her mom and makes a short statement at a press conference before her mother (an agent for mashou) takes over.

@6: Rio wakes up for another day, meets a few potential agents. Has a late-night talk with a friend through one of the bigger mashou fan forums.

@9-10: Rio makes her decision the next day, has another talk with one of the admins of the fan forum, heads to Wishcraft. Talks with Asuna while waiting to meet her agent.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

While I understand that keeping current plots retains coherence and allows existing characters to conclude those plots, because of the time and investment made. I would throw in my vote on actually creating a cataclysm and then bringing our characters back to a clean slate, aware that there's a cataclysm and they need to make sense of the new world and rebuild whatever they need to rebuild.

Could be that Madoka's new realm was some how disrupted or shattered.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

You're welcome to that opinion, but I believe it will put you in the minority.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2016-08-30 at 07:30 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    You're welcome to that opinion, but I believe it will put you in the minority.
    Basically this.

Also, I'm in like Flynn, just haven't been able to post much last couple of days.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    While I understand that keeping current plots retains coherence and allows existing characters to conclude those plots, because of the time and investment made. I would throw in my vote on actually creating a cataclysm and then bringing our characters back to a clean slate, aware that there's a cataclysm and they need to make sense of the new world and rebuild whatever they need to rebuild.

Could be that Madoka's new realm was some how disrupted or shattered.
    I would have basically no interest in doing so and part of what brought me to wanting to revive this are the unresolved story points, so yeah.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

No problems. So what's the plan on getting the game back on track?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #259

Picking up where we left off, presumably.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

20. - Top - End - #260

I'd be willing to pick back up again, and the review did help. The major thing I' trying to think of right now is an entryway into the plots and story lines that are being crafted up.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would like to know more about wraiths, please. What are they capable of? How individual can they be? What is their precise origin? In this setting, do they have an overall goal?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ammutseba View Post
    I would like to know more about wraiths, please. What are they capable of? How individual can they be? What is their precise origin? In this setting, do they have an overall goal?
    What are they capable of?

Invisible-to-muggles hulks.

How individual can they be?

Honestly, not very different. Size and potence varies, but they don't have individualized fancy powers.

What is their precise origin?

Quite literally made of the suffering of the downtrodden masses.

In this setting, do they have an overall goal?

Murder.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #263

So I guess this is going to be going again.

I'm probably going to make an actual character to participate with if I'm going to come back to this at all. Not having one just made running things so tremendously unsatisfying and hard to get invested in. I'm hoping someone to get a degree of investment in will help on that front.

Anyway, it's super late now, so going to leave at just checking in to confirm I got pulled into doing this again. Will get to reviewing stuff and answering questions when I get a chance, and back to IC stuff too once everything is set up. If you have any questions of your own, feel free to toss them out and I'll prioritize answers.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Everybody call a cheering squad for Sel!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, started moving my plotlines ahead again. That just seems like the best way to go about this. Not sure where Hoshi could be introduced but he looks okay; aside from the fact that we have a good number of decades-old mashou already. Could the age be cropped down some?
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Also awaiting feedback on my character
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #267

Something I'd like to ask is 'what is the biggest thing 'about' to happen, or biggest area of concern? Mostly just need to figure out a place to start without seeming ike I'm awkwardly butting my head in unannounced into the middle of another person's scene.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    So I guess this is going to be going again.

I'm probably going to make an actual character to participate with if I'm going to come back to this at all. Not having one just made running things so tremendously unsatisfying and hard to get invested in. I'm hoping someone to get a degree of investment in will help on that front.

Anyway, it's super late now, so going to leave at just checking in to confirm I got pulled into doing this again. Will get to reviewing stuff and answering questions when I get a chance, and back to IC stuff too once everything is set up. If you have any questions of your own, feel free to toss them out and I'll prioritize answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    Something I'd like to ask is 'what is the biggest thing 'about' to happen, or biggest area of concern? Mostly just need to figure out a place to start without seeming ike I'm awkwardly butting my head in unannounced into the middle of another person's scene.
    Yassssss :V The missing elements have arrived! Okay, I'll start putting together a profile. :D

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Hoping to post later today, getting back on the mahou train.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270

I'll have to read completely tonight, but I'm up for this if it's still going.