Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Bheur Hag

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North East of England
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Bheur Hag

    Bheur Hag

    Medium/Large Fey, Chaotic Evil

    Hit Points (normal form) – 11d8 + 22 (66)
    Hit Points (enlarged form) – 12d10 + 48 (108)
    Speed – 30ft, fly 60ft (30ft enlarged form)
    AC normal form – 17
    AC enlarged form – 18

    Normal Form

    Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
    13 16 14 12 13 13
    +1 +3 +2 +1 +2 +2

    Enlarged Form

    Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha
    21 14 18 12 13 13
    +5 +2 +4 +1 +2 +2

    Saves – Wisdom +5, Constitution + 5 normal form (+ 7 enlarged form)
    Skills – Stealth +5 (+3 in enlarged form), Perception +5, Survival +5 (+6 above ground), Nature + 5
    Immunities – Cold
    Resistances – Fire
    Languages – Sylvan, Giant, Auran, Rashemi
    Vulnerabilities - Acid, Lighting
    Senses - Passive Perception 15, Darkvision 60ft
    Challenge Rating – 8

    Magic Resistance – The bheur hag has advantage on saving throws against magic and other spell like effects.

    Attack (normal form)
    Slam – Melee weapon attack: +4 to hit, reach 5ft,
    Hit - one target (2d6+4) bludgeoning damage and 6(2d6) cold damage.

    (Enlarged form)
    Slam – Melee weapon attack: +8 to hit, reach 10ft,
    Hit - one target (3d8+8) bludgeoning damage and 6(2d6) cold damage.

    Innate Spellcasting
    The hag’s innate spellcasting ability is charisma (Spell save DC 13). She can cast the following spells with no spell components and using her graystaff as a focus –

    At will – Hold Person, Solid Fog
    3/Day – Cone of cold, Ice Storm, Wall of Ice

    Maddening Feast – A bheur dines on the bodies of the creatures it slays, and as a full round action, it can devour the flesh of a slain or helpless victim, leaving only the bones and the equipment. Any creature that is within 60ft that witnesses this sight has to make a Wisdom save (DC13). Those that fail are either blinded (75% chance) for 2d6 rounds or become confused (25% chance) for 2d6 rounds.

    Shift Size – The hag can change between its large and its normal sized forms as an action. When changing form from medium to large, the hag gains 3d10 of hit points. The hag can only stay in large form for 10 minutes per day.

    Rashemen is a land in which there are no shortage of hags, and the most feared are the bheur – ones that can bring the icy touch of winter to any place in the land, and enamoured with the taste of human flesh. Every year, the hathrans battle one of these monsters as the spring approaches, driving it off to herald the return of the warmth.

    With blue skin, white hair and hands generally caked with blood, a bheur hag is a not a pretty sight, and it lives to bring misery and the cold.


    Wall of Ice
    3rd level Evocation
    Casting Time – 1 action
    Range – 60ft
    Components – V, S, M (Small piece of rock crystal)
    Duration – Concentration, up to 10 minutes

    You conjure up a wall of ice on the ground at a point that you can see within range. You can make the wall up to 30 feet long, 10 feet high and 1 foot thick, or you can make a ringed wall up to 20 feet in diameter that is 20ft high, and 1 foot thick. The wall melts when the spell ends. If the wall is melted by fire, it produces a fog cloud over the space where the wall was for 1 minute.

    Each 5ft square section has AC5 and 15 hit points, and when it is reduced to 0 hit points, it is destroyed. The wall is smooth, and there is nowhere to gain a foothold. The wall is cold to touch and deals 1d6 of cold damage to those that touch the wall or pass though a destroyed section.

    Solid Fog
    3rd level conjuration
    Casting Time – 1 action
    Range – 120 feet
    Components – V, S, M (Powdered peas and powdered animal hoof)
    Concentration – Up to 1 hour

    This spell functions as fog cloud, but in addition to obscuring sight, the area effected counts as difficult terrain, and ranged weapon attacks are ineffective. A creature cannot take the dash action in solid fog
    At higher levels – When you cast this spell using a slot of 4th level or higher, the radius of the fog increases by 20ft for each slot level above 3rd
    Last edited by M Placeholder; 2016-01-24 at 02:31 PM.
    Gnome Wizard by DarkCorax

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North East of England
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Bheur Hag

    Conversion of the Bheur Hag to 5e from the sourcebook Unapproachable East, this is a straight conversion, with two exceptions -

    1 - the Maddening Feast - In the 3.5 version, you could go permanently blind if you saw it feast. I changed it to just confusion.

    2 - hitpoints when enlarged - there were no guidelines on the hitpoints for the two forms, and if the hag either kept its hitpoints or when it enlarged, regained its hitpoints, or it gained/lost the percentile amount when it changed. I went with the solution presented, though Im not totally happy and if anyone has got an idea of how to implement this, please let me know.

    Thanks.
    Gnome Wizard by DarkCorax

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    thoroughlyS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sinus Concordiae, Selene
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Bheur Hag

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sun Gnome View Post
    Maddening Feast - In the 3.5 version, you could go permanently blind if you saw it feast. I changed it to just confusion.
    I would just leave it as the standard ability from the book. At 8th level, the party should have access to spells that remove conditions. Whether it's the party's own casters, or just paying for spellcasting services. Also, at the new DC of 13 it should be easy to avoid.
    Last edited by thoroughlyS; 2016-01-03 at 03:00 PM.
    Goblin in the Playground

    Most 3.5 thing I've ever seen: RAW on RAW. Love you, Curmudgeon.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North East of England
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Bheur Hag

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsketchy View Post
    I would just leave it as the standard ability from the book. At 8th level, the party should have access to spells that remove conditions. Whether it's the party's own casters, or just paying for spellcasting services. Also, at the new DC of 13 it should be easy to avoid.
    Actually, that should be "I changed it to 2d6 rounds". I'm not sure if it should be permanent

    Also converted two of the spells used by the hag.
    Gnome Wizard by DarkCorax

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •