A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Never fear, Paladin's here.

Drunken Iron
    This metal was invented by a dwarven smith whose funds had all but run dry. One fateful day, when business was slow and the ale was plentiful, the smith accidentally quenched a sword in his keg of ale instead of oil! Thus, drunken iron was created. This metal has a marbled bronze look, making it a unique and eye catching material.

Effect
    Weapons forged from drunken iron deal 1 point of constitution damage when they strike an opponent (dc 12 fortitude negates) and armor forged from drunken iron grants damage reduction 10/-, but it deals 1d4 wisdom damage when donned that can only be overcome by removing the armor.

Type of Item Item Cost Modifier
    Ammunition +60 gp
    Light Armor +5,000 gp
    Medium Armor +10,000 gp
    Heavy Armor +15,000 gp
    Shield +2,000 gp
    Weapon +3,000 gp
    loyal paladin sama can you answer this question is drunken iron quenched in chili beer gets additional fire damage or not?( by the way your sister has a metal in this threat so peach pls)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    loyal paladin sama can you answer this question is drunken iron quenched in chili beer gets additional fire damage or not?( by the way your sister has a metal in this threat so peach pls)
    I'll remind her! We both get carried away on the weekends and tend not to post or use our computers. It's a common theme for me...

İnksteel
    Follow this quote link, sis.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

I'll remind her! We both get carried away on the weekends and tend not to post or use our computers. It's a common theme for me...

Follow this quote link, sis.
    my question still stays what happens when you use some other type of beer in the da*n process?

4. - Top - End - #34

my question still stays what happens when you use some other type of beer in the da*n process?
    It all turns out the same, there may be a slight color variation. I'm not going to make a variant material for every sort of alcohol haha.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

The Paladins' Loyalty
    (Warning, Wall of Text)

"This...well, strange... semi-sentient material seems to be magical in nature and of the purest Good, yet one can not find a deific or planar origin of it, and it is known merely that it is stumbled upon by those it deems worthy. Not to mention, of all its properties, the strangest must be that it changes to whatever material is requested by a Good-devoted smith or weaver or woodworker, or any other Good crafter."

This material may be made to emulate any other general material type, such as wood, cloth, leather, metal and so forth. The type of material Paladins' Loyalty is used as makes no difference to the end product. Indeed, the entire item can be made entirely of the same Paladins' Loyalty, even if there are multiple parts and materials, such as a sword, or a metal shield with a leather strap.

The crafter may
    only be Good. Paladins' Loyalty never allows any other alignment to shape it. This special material does not increase the DC to craft an item, unlike other special materials. If the crafter has telepathy, or has on his person an non-evil intelligent magic item with telepathy, he gains +5 to the craft check to create an item out of The Paladins' Loyalty, as it pushes the crafter to make it just right. The exception is to any one-time use, or expendable item, as the Paladins' Loyalty seeks loyalty from its user(s) too. As such, any attempt to turn it in to such items automatically fail, with the crafter knowing why.

An item made of Paladins' Loyalty never lets an Evil creature hold it, inflicting 1d6 negative levels to any such creature that tries to, and disables all magical and innate properties of the item (making it little better than a stick) in their hands. If it is stuck in Evil territory and doesn't foresee it's previous owner, or a prospective new one, rescuing it, then it will dissipate back to wherever it came from at a rate of 10 pounds per minute. Magic can not stop or repair this damage once this self-destruction has started. Paladins' Loyalty also disables all magical properties, and properties granted by the item being made of this material, if wielded by a neutral character as well, but otherwise doesn't react.

A weapon made
    of Paladins' Loyalty is considered Good and Lawful for the purpose of damage reduction, when beneficial, and strike creatures with the Evil subtype as though they had no damage reduction, energy resistance or miss chance. Paladins' Loyalty weapons always deal nonlethal damage to Good aligned creatures that it strikes (at no penalty). Both effects can go off on the same target, if the target were both Good and had the Evil subtype.

Any Armor made of Paladins' Loyalty has DR 13/Good, as it simply doesn't know who to support if both the attacker and the wearer are Good. Additionally, Good characters treat this armor as though it were 1 weight class lighter than normal (heavy to medium, for example), and the armor has half its base ACP and Spell Failure chance, with any further reductions/increases working from there. Evil creatures, if they manage to equip it, may only move at 5 ft / round.

And lastly
    , any Paladins' Loyalty item that finds an owner it accepts can allow the owner to mentally call the item as a swift action. The new owner just "knows" that they can do it. They might not know why, but they know they can. Weapons or similar items instantly teleport in to their owner's hand. If it is armor, it appears around the owner's body, perfectly donned.

Almost no one
    would sell items of Paladins' Loyalty, even if they could. Typically, if one has an item of Paladins' Loyalty, it's because they found it, and were accepted.
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2016-01-04 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    Sometimes you get eaten by a giant purple earthworm.
    Journals from my D&D campaign
    Player Expectations
    Spheres of Power / Might Builds / Homebrew
    Spheres in Review

6. - Top - End - #36

The Paladins' Loyalty
    (Warning, Wall of Text)
    Thanks, Sango! This is pretty cool! I'll go add it to my signature now...

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks, Sango! This is pretty cool! I'll go add it to my signature now...
    Wow...you have a lot of people making you in to stuff. grats. You've just got such an easy to make-in-to-stuff name. Well, thanks regardless. It's still nice to be appreciated.
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2016-01-04 at 12:39 PM.
    Player Expectations
    Spheres in Review

8. - Top - End - #38

Wow...you have a lot of people making you in to stuff. grats. You've just got such an easy to make-in-to-stuff name. Well, thanks regardless. It's still nice to hear that.
    Yeah, it really helps when you are a frequent contributor to these threads. Of course, by contributor I mean both contributing to the conversational madness and submitting things for other playgrounders.

My name also gives people a good idea of the things I enjoy, namely the LG alignment and paladins. Over time though, people have figured out that I like Oversized Cold Iron Holy weapons and the Fist of Raziel prestige class. I also don't put ranks in gather information, so I use diplomacy to get all my information from barmaids...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Mmm...barmaids...

Speaking of the things on these threads, I actually programmed some of the stuff into my copy of HeroLab, even to the point where I reprogrammed some of the Tome of Battle stuff so that it recognizes the Sandbox Goliath style.

My version of HeroLab now lets me build a Dashing Swasbuckler Bard, take levels of Swordsage so I can use Sandbox Goliath stuff, and be a Paladin of Freedom with some of LP's GitP stuff. This build adds Charsima to almost everything.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-01-04 at 02:25 PM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Mmm...barmaids...

Speaking of the things on these threads, I actually programmed some of the stuff into my copy of HeroLab, even to the point where I reprogrammed some of the Tome of Battle stuff so that it recognizes the Sandbox Goliath style.

My version of HeroLab now lets me build a Dashing Swasbuckler Bard, take levels of Swordsage so I can use Sandbox Goliath stuff, and be a Paladin of Freedom with some of LP's GitP stuff. This build adds Charsima to almost everything.
    That's awesome! How is it working out? It's got to be fun, I'm sure.

11. - Top - End - #41

BardGuy

That's awesome! How is it working out? It's got to be fun, I'm sure.
    I just need to find a way to add CHA to Attack and I'm set. Even without the CHA to saves from Paladin, I've got the Spellbreaker Song variant that requres a Concentration check for all casters who can hear me when they try to cast a spell with verbal components.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

12. - Top - End - #42

I haven't seen him in a while, but this is for Zaydos!

Creationite
    Creationite is one of the rarest materials in existence. This material cannot be created and there is a finite amount of it on each plane that is formed upon the plane's creation. Depending on the plane on which the creationite is from will dictate it's overall color, but it always retains a milky semi-opaque hue.

Effect
    Weapons forged from creationite gain a natural bonus against creatures that share an alignment with the plane that from which the material is taken. For example, a lawful creature would take extra damage from creationite that hails from Mechanus. This extra damage is 1d6 per enhancement bonus of a weapon.

Armor forged from creationite grants a deflection bonus to AC equal to it's enhancement bonus against creatures that do not share the alignment of the plane from which the material was taken. For example, a balor would have to hit a higher AC than a solar would against armor that was forged from creationite that hails from Celestia.

Ammunition +120 gp
    Light Armor +10,000 gp
    Medium Armor +20,000 gp
    Heavy Armor +30,000 gp
    Shield +4,000 gp
    Weapon +6,000 gp
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-04 at 03:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr;20259002

[IMG
    http://pa1.narvii.com/5836/a5b1775378496b2f6116655b334911927df87821_hq.gif[/IMG]
    you know the bastard in the pic is right know learning creation sphere and he has ridiculous initiative count I mean if he relay wants he has a turn after every pc in the party and sob knows how to dispel any spell with melee attack talk about op

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

I just need to find a way to add CHA to Attack and I'm set. Even without the CHA to saves from Paladin, I've got the Spellbreaker Song variant that requres a Concentration check for all casters who can hear me when they try to cast a spell with verbal components.
    snowflake wardance feat is probably your best bet, its in frostburn.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #45

Cha to Attack is hard. If you take levels in Sacred Exorcist, you could take Divine Might? Or you could just use this!

Soundmetal
    Soundmetal is a brightly shining silver metal that is completely useless to the average person. However, bards and their ilk are not average people!

Effect
    Anyone wielding a soundmetal weapon that has a charisma score above 18 may add their charisma modifier to their attack. In addition, anyone with the bardic music class feature can choose to expend a use of bardic music as a free action in order to gain their charisma modifier to damage for the rest of the round.

Armor forged from soundmetal provides no benefit to defense. It does, however, cause an amplify effect whenever the wearer is performing any kind of music.

Ammunition +90 gp
    Light Armor +7,500 gp
    Medium Armor +15,000 gp
    Heavy Armor +22,500 gp
    Shield +3,500 gp
    Weapon +4,500 gp
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-04 at 03:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

well here is my first creation for regulars and its for VirusInk sama
    İnksteel
    This strange and unknown metal often used by artists who needed to protected them self but hate using weapons when used in painting or drawing (dc 10) its becomes alive and aids its creator for its best ability. İnk steel has same hardness and attributes as adamantine
    Special ability psychoactive colors inksteel turns any color user wants even complex shades or hues
    Thank you!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Killoren (Destroyer Aspect), from races of Wild seems to give Cha to attack

Whirling Blade, a spell, lets you throw your bloody blade through 60 feet of people and have it return to your hand, using your Cha modifier in place of Str.

Slippers of Battledancing....well...technically it does what you asked for....but it's overpriced, requires you to move to apply Cha bonus, so unless you're charging with pounce, it's not very useful. And if you're charging with pounce, you have no use for this, so... yeah.
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2016-01-04 at 03:38 PM.
    Player Expectations
    Spheres in Review

18. - Top - End - #48

This one is for another person I haven't seen in a while. Oh Anchovy, Anchovy. Wherefore art thou Extra Anchovies?

Necrotic Ore
    Necrotic Ore is only found in locations with immense amounts of undead or surrounded by many creatures with taint. This ore is created over many years, where negative energy has condensed in pockets and infected local iron deposits. It shares the appearance of iron, but has a sickly dark energy that swirls over it.

Because of it's nature, Necrotic Ore can only be effectively wielded by undead and will bestow a temporary negative level on any living creature that touches it. In addition to this, it will also begin to slowly taint it's user at an alarmingly fast rate of two taint points per round.

Effect
    Weapons forged from Necrotic Ore function as a tainted creatures natural attacks would. They also half the cost of all evil enhancements, as the material takes to the enhancement much easier.

Armor forged from Necrotic Ore functions similarly to the vampiric weapon enhancement, except that it only works upon receiving damage from a natural attack or unarmed strike.

Ammunition +100 gp
    Light Armor +8,000 gp
    Medium Armor +18,000 gp
    Heavy Armor +25,000 gp
    Shield +5,000 gp
    Weapon +7,000 gp

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Cha to Attack is hard.
    You just said adding Cha to a stat is hard... no it isn't... it is never hard, Actually it is almost easier to get Cha than Dex to attack, it definately is if you don't consider weapon finesse. personally i find thunderlance to be my favorite form of Cha to attack, then again i made a horribly unoptimized gish/theurge using geomancer as the theurge class, but the three AoOs with massive Cha based damage against any melee guy trying to get close to me is so satisfying. It was a sorc4/favored soul 4/geomancer 7.

Cha as the most useless stat in d&d is of course the most powerful stat in d&d, and has by far the most stat x to y bonus options as any other stat. though attack is one of the harder ones but it is harder for other stats.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #50

BardGuy

Snowflake Wardance is fine if I have a slashing weapon, but what if I want to use a rapier?

Arcane Strike is a staple among my melee builds. It adds +x/+xd4 based on whatever spell/day I drop to activate it. As a swift (or was it free?) action. Since my spells are Charisma-based, I am now literally charming you to death.

And add this little number?

Soundmetal
    Effect
    Anyone wielding a soundmetal weapon that has a charisma score above 18 may add their charisma modifier to their attack. In addition, anyone with the bardic music class feature can choose to expend a use of bardic music as a free action in order to gain their charisma modifier to damage for the rest of the round.

Armor forged from soundmetal provides no benefit to defense. It does, however, cause an amplify effect whenever the wearer is performing any kind of music.
    Oh, yeah. That's the ticket.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-01-04 at 03:59 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

For VirusInk

Plague Ink

Anyone who comes in to contact with a piece of parchment written on with this ink must make a fortitude save or contract a rapidly mutating disease that will inexplicably cause Madagascar to close its borders despite having no symptoms. Failure means you die in 2d6 months.

[sorry. It's the first thing I saw when I looked at your name.]
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2016-01-04 at 04:02 PM.
    Player Expectations
    Spheres in Review

22. - Top - End - #52

Oh, yeah. That's the ticket.
    You know I'm always here for your charisma based needs. Us charismatic folk have to stick together!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground

For VirusInk

Plague Ink

Anyone who comes in to contact with a piece of parchment written on with this ink must make a fortitude save or contract a rapidly mutating disease that will inexplicably cause Madagascar to close its borders despite having no symptoms. Failure means you die in 2d6 months.

[sorry. It's the first thing I saw when I looked at your name.]
    Well, I can safely say I wasn't expecting the Madagascar part! Bonus points for surprising me.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

You ignored my material for you illyahr ;-;
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

25. - Top - End - #55

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    You ignored my material for you illyahr ;-;
    Woops, must have missed that one. Looks pretty good. Does that mean I can bash people with cymbals?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup, especially if you take TWF, so you can just sandwich their head.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

27. - Top - End - #57

Previous - Sweep #1 - Next

Submissions
    Blue Snow (Snowbluff)
    Phoenix Forged Steel (NeoPhoenix0)
    Faux Dragon Scale (Draconium)
    Silent Hawk Feathers (Blackhawk748)
    Snowdrenched (Snowbluff)
    Line-Towing (LoyalPaladin)
    Dragonshaped (Draconium)
    The Unseen Mage Powder (Unseenmage)
    Inksteel (VirusInk)
    Misterkaw's Hide (MisterKaws)
    Palladinium (LoyalPaladin)
    Ghoul Leather (Socratov)
    Red Ferum (Red Fel)
    Bardsteel (Illyahr)
    Drunken Iron (Socratov)
    The Paladin's Loyalty (LoyalPaladin)
    Creationite (Zaydos)
    Soundmetal (Illyahr)
    Necrotic Ore (Extra Anchovies)
    Plague Ink (VirusInk)
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-12 at 01:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

can any one made me some metal that gives cha bonus to attack ( preferred class is warlock by the why but I ask for this sob called illidan style demon hunter aka no crossbow slinging bomb throwing murkablo based failure of a class)

side note I would appreciate some help with more talents and maybe choosing the classes skills

29. - Top - End - #59

can any one made me some metal that gives cha bonus to attack ( preferred class is warlock by the why but I ask for this sob called illidan style demon hunter aka no crossbow slinging bomb throwing murkablo based failure of a class)
    If you're looking for CHA to attack, you can take a look into the Soundmetal material I posted for Illyahr.

side note I would appreciate some help with more talents and maybe choosing the classes skills
    You should go post your class in the homebrew forum. That's where you'll get the most feedback.

30. - Top - End - #60

Previous - Sweep #1 - Next

Submissions
    Line-Towing (???)
    Line-Towing is Paladin themed for our resident Paladin FYI. Apologies it wasn't more obvious.