New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers etc

So now that I finished Date A Live, I can post this.

Seriously, awful ending. Season 2 ends on a cliffhanger and we get like minutes of the best character fixing the plot and then she doesn't explain anything.

So, what is a special material? It's a material, usually for armor or weapons, that changes the properties of the weapon. You can cut through armor better with adamantine weapons, or wear heavy fullplate on a druid with dragon scale. Of course, there is extra cost involved, which is usually sorted by the kind of equipment you modify. A heavy armor's worth of mithril costs more than to make light armor, for example.

Try and keep the abilities well balanced for their cost. We might want to convince a DM to allow these.

Remember to get the permission of the person who are basing it on! Please leave your permission so people can make some of you.

Permapermission thread.
    .Browse here if you are looking for ideas of people to do. Please give them some love, and make sure to PM them when you post!

Permissions:

Materials:

Blue Snow (Snowbluff)
    Phoenix Forged Steel (NeoPhoenix0)
    Faux Dragon Scale (Draconium)
    Silent Hawk Feathers (Blackhawk748)
    Snowdrenched (Snowbluff)
    Line-Towing (???)
    Dragonshaped (Draconium)
    The Unseen Mage Powder (Unseenmage)
    Inksteel (VirusInk)
    Misterkaw's Hide (MisterKaws)
    Palladinium (LoyalPaladin)
    Ghoul Leather (Socratov)
    Red Ferum (Red Fel)
    Bardsteel (Illyahr)
    Drunken Iron (Socratov)
    The Paladin's Loyalty (LoyalPaladin)
    Creationite (Zaydos)
    Soundmetal (Illyahr)
    Necrotic Ore (Extra Anchovies)
    Plague Ink (VirusInk)
    Kobold Quicksteel (WeaselGuy)
    Cursed Items Mk. I (Playgrounders)
    Virus Ink (VirusInk)
    Wyrdsilk (Jormengand)
    Yandere-Cloth (Snowbluff)
    Fistwrap Paper (IZ42)
    Fel Ruby (Red Fel)
    Demonthread Silk (Desril)
    Rudisplorkium (Threadnaught?)
    False Snow (Snowbluff)
    Extra Anchovies (Extra Anchovies)
    Bloodwrought Metal (Illven)
    Cursed Items Mk. II (Playgrounders)[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-01-13 at 11:01 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials

Here you go sempai.

Blue Snow

Blue Snow is a naturally powdery substance often found in mines near and around polar ice caps, that like blue ice can be melted down and forged like steel. It can be forged with steel to make any armor or weapon that can normally be made of steel, though it does not have any significant effect when used to make weapons. Armor made from blue snow is considered masterwork. When used to make armor, the armor cools the wearer in hot and dry climates, this acts as a none magical endure elements effect for temperatures ranging from 70-160 degrees Fahrenheit. It also gives a +2 to fortitude saves for temperatures above 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The armor also sparkles giving the wearer a competence bonus to bluff checks based on the weight of the armor: +2 for light armor, +4 for medium armor, and +6 for heavy armor.

Druids can also wear armor forged entirely out of blue Snow as it is not metal, such armor takes on an unatural solid white color as the snow loses it's blue tint.

Blue snow has 10 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 8.

armor cost: Double masterwork cost when forged with steel, triple masterwork cost when made entirely out of blue snow.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-12-31 at 07:03 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

And for NeoPhoenix0...

Phoenix-Forged Steel

Phoenixes are a primal incarnation of fire and chaos. Very rarely, one will allow its flames to be used when a lesser creature is forging steel out of iron. When this happens, the mystical properties of this flame become imprinted into the steel, changing it to its very core. When used to make armor, this material warms the wearer at all times, acting as a non-magical Endure Elements spell when the wearer is subjected to cold climates (see Frostburn for more details).

In addition, anyone with a Chaotic alignment who dons this type of armor receives an additional insight bonus to their AC, a bonus equal to 1/4 of their HD (minimum 1). Conversely, anyone with a Lawful alignment who attempts to don such armor instead receives double the equivalent amount of negative levels, which never result in actual level loss, but cannot be removed as long as the armor is continued to be worn.

Weapons made out of Phoenix-Forged Steel are treated as having the Flaming property if they are wielded by a creature with a Chaotic alignment. If wielded by a Lawful creature, this damage is instead dealt to them whenever they would hit an enemy, and any Fire Resistance/Immunity they possess doesn't apply to that damage.

Phoenix-Forged Steel has 30 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 10.

Armor/Shield/Other Cost: As Mithral +50%.

Weapon Cost: +2,000 gp, and enchantments cost an extra 25%.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Faux Dragon Scale

Favored by the stingy and the ecologically conscious, this is fake dragon scale. It appear similar, but it is actually constructed out of resin extracted from rare trees. Faux Dragon Hide functions no differently from steel, but it is not metallic. As such, druids may wear it without incurring penalties, and other abilities do not treat it as metal.

Faux Dragon Scale has 15 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 10.

Armor made from this material costs 100 gp more for light armor, 200 gp for medium armor, and 300 gp for heavy armor.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Here you go sempai.

Blue Snow
    Utsukushi.

You made yourself useful, kohai.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

this is for the slippery little hawk, or is he an octopus, hard to tell with the gifs.

Silent Hawk Feathers

These feathers are friction-less; they do not make any sound when moving and even light slides right past making them each look like an empty black abyss in the shape of a feather. any medium armor, light armor, or shield normally not made out of metal can be made out of these feathers. These armors and shields are considered masterwork except the armor check penalty is reduced to 0. shields confer a +1 deflection bonus to ac to the wielder. Armor made out of this material grants a +3 competence bonus to hide and move silently checks, and increases base land speed by 5ft.

Silent hawk feathers have 15 hp per inch of thickness and 7 hardness, however any attack made to sunder or destroy an object made of silent hawk feathers suffers a 20% miss chance.

cost: light armor +6000g, medium armor +10000g, shield +3000g
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-12-31 at 10:38 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

this is for the slippery little hawk, or is he an octopus, hard to tell with the gifs.

Silent Hawk Feathers

These feathers are friction-less; they do not make any sound when moving and even light slides right past making them each look like an empty black abyss in the shape of a feather. any medium armor, light armor, or shield normally not made out of metal can be made out of these feathers. These armors and shields are considered masterwork except the armor check penalty is reduced to 0. shields confer a +1 deflection bonus to ac to the wielder. Armor made out of this material grants a +3 competence bonus to hide and move silently checks, and increases base land speed by 5ft.

Silent hawk feathers have 15 hp per inch of thickness and 7 hardness, however any attack made to sunder or destroy an object made of silent hawk feathers suffers a 20% miss chance.

cost: light armor +6000g, medium armor +10000g, shield +3000g
    Sweet, now i need to think of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Just reminding people I exist. I may make a couple later in the thread, busy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Are poisons not gonna finish? Several people are still waiting. I should do a few more over there, seeing as I have absolutely no inspiration over here.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Silent Hawk Feathers
    I see how it is.

The senpai gives the kohai some attention, and she ignores her? Despicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Are poisons not gonna finish? Several people are still waiting. I should do a few more over there, seeing as I have absolutely no inspiration over here.
    There's no reason you can't do both.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmmm, would item templates or whatever they're called be included in this thread? Like that Dwarvencraft thing from Races of Stone I think.
    Sorry is late and my memory fails me at present as to what they're exactly called.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Hmmm, would item templates or whatever they're called be included in this thread? Like that Dwarvencraft thing from Races of Stone I think.
    Sorry is late and my memory fails me at present as to what they're exactly called.
    Oh, modifications? Like Elvencraft? Sure.

12. - Top - End - #12

Oh, modifications? Like Elvencraft? Sure.
    Is it weird that my first gut reaction was the Dwarf Fortress player in me balking at Dwarvencraft and Elvencraft being equated?
    Oh well, time I contributed.

Snowdrenched
    Non-magical items which have been treated with alchemical reagents and buried in magically charged snow or encased in magically charged ice can become Snowdrenched.
    Snowdrenched items are icy to the touch and tinged with iridescent green frost crystals or sometimes they drip with snowflakes so cold they sting at the touch.

Only masterwork mundane items or made from special materials can be Snowdrenched. An item must be treated to become Snowdrenched at its creation. Snowdrenched weapons deal 1 point of additional cold damage when wielded while Snowdrenched armors deal 1 point of cold damage to an enemy when they are grappled or when they grapple the wearer of the armor.

Snowdrenched items are brittle and have one quarter the Hardness and hit points and they take double damage from fire and sources of fire damage. When a Snowdrenched item is reduced to zero hit points or otherwise destroyed they burst apart exploding into a torrent of snow and ice fragments, seemingly far more material than could have composed the item. All enemies within a 5 foot radius of a destroyed Snowdrenched item are and are buried in snow (see Frostburn page 90) unless they succeed at a DC 22 Reflex save.

The armor check penalty of a Snowdrenched armor or shield is lessened by 2 compared to an ordinary item of its type. To determine the price of a Snowdrenched item, use the original weight but add 20 gp per pound to the price of a masterwork version of that item.

Line-Towing
    Line-Towing items are items drenched in the lawful light of legal deeds. Bound magically to the last will and desire of a dying paladin these items are infused with that paladin's essence in an almost ghostly manner.

The ritual to call forth the dying emotions and drive of a paladin can be performed by chaotic creatures as a perversion or by lawful creatures as an honor. The ritual must be performed at the location where the paladin died but there is no time limit. Anytime after a particular paladin has died will suffice but only so long as the name and title of the paladin is known and called aloud as part of the greater ritual. The ritual requires 2,000gp worth of holy oils and religious relics. Only items made of special materials can become Line-Towing.
    A similar ritual exists for anti-paladins as well and the results are almost identical.

When wielded or worn by a lawful character masterwork Line-Towing items provide and additional +1 to attack if they are weapons or have their armor check penalty reduced by 1 if they are armors. When wielded or worn by a chaotic character these bonuses are reversed.

The true purpose of infusing a paladin's dying emotions into a Line-Towing item is to allow it's possessor to force lesser creatures to tow the line and follow the possessor's commands. Once per day the possessor of a Line-Towing item can speak a command word to cause the Line-Towing item to affect a target creature as though with a Command spell with an effective caster level equal to the possessing character's character level. Though the effect is entirely mundane in nature consider it a mind affecting effect.

Dragonshaped
    Dragonshaped items are items that have literally been crafted by industrious dragons. Lesser creatures can sometimes create items that are effectively Dragonshaped but those items are obviously of lesser quality being hewn by lesser hands. Dragonshaped items are always encrusted with jewels and wealth and loot from the dragon's hoard causing them to exude an aura of prestige and majesty commensurate with the value of the hoard from which those baubles came.

Any item that is made of a special material can be Dragonshaped so long as gems, wealth, or even art objects valuing five times the item's base price are incorporated into it at creation. These decadent adornments cannot be removed without destroying the Dragonshaped item.

Dragonshaped items are so enthralling that mere mortals dare not look upon them without peril. A non-Dragon creature which looks at a Dragonshaped item is affected as though by a non-magical gaze attack that causes varying degrees of mind-affecting mental paralysis. Gazing on a Dragonshaped item becomes Dazzled. Unless the creature succeeds at a DC 22 Will save it is then Dazed for two rounds.
    Dragons in the presence of a Dragonshaped item are distracted by the wealth and cannot act during surprise rounds.

I'll let you folks sort out who these are for. Wish I knew anyone well enough to personalize these more than just by name though.
    While typing these I had the idea to wonder what armor crafted from the "hide" ofa destroyed golem would be like and resisted the urge to type up my own material.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2016-01-01 at 02:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

I seriously took this long to notice this? Well, I look forwards to seeing what comes of this.

Show me what... other people are made of.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

The Unseen Mage Powder

Benefit: This item may be used as an optional material component of a spell. If so used, then said mage turns invisible just before the cast happens, negating attacks of opportunity, and remains invisible for the level of the spell in rounds, as the Invisibility spell. Casting while invisible by this spell component does not break invisibility.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    The Unseen Mage Powder

Benefit: This item may be used as an optional material component of a spell. If so used, then said mage turns invisible just before the cast happens, negating attacks of opportunity, and remains invisible for the level of the spell in rounds, as the Invisibility spell. Casting while invisible by this spell component does not break invisibility.
    Interesting.

And thank you.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Interesting.

And thank you.
    Yay compliments. I wonder how I shall celebrate.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

well here is my first creation for regulars and its for VirusInk sama
    İnksteel
    This strange and unknown metal often used by artists who needed to protected them self but hate using weapons when used in painting or drawing (dc 10) its becomes alive and aids its creator for its best ability. İnk steel has same hardness and attributes as adamantine
    Special ability psychoactive colors inksteel turns any color user wants even complex shades or hues

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

I see how it is.

The senpai gives the kohai some attention, and she ignores her? Despicable.
    Nooo, sempai, I swear i was just knocked out by a random bus last night after posting, it just flew out of no where.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-01-01 at 05:44 AM.

Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Mistercaw's Hide (post of reference)

The hide of this species of beholder has been used for decades as an aphrodisiac, but then again, so was a lot of stuff. It was only recently that a desperate and lonely sorcerer tried to make an enchanted suit out of it, hoping to feel an effect.

Any male wearing Hide (or similar) Armor made of Mistercaw's Hide gains a Tentacle as a primary natural attack like a Sap or Spear (wearer's choice, and can be changed as a swift action) of the appropriate size for the wearer as long as it is worn. Any increase to reach of natural attacks has a doubled effect on this tentacle.

Unfortunately, the sorcerer found out, the tentacle lacks much feeling.

[My god. This is taking so long. I can't stop laughing. Sorry if this is deemed inappropriate, or if you don't appreciate it, Mistercaw (from your posts, I don't think that'd be the case, but just in case). I can take it down if so desired.]
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2016-01-01 at 07:39 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Nooo, sempai, I swear i was just knocked out by a random bus last night after posting, it just flew out of no where.
    Ara, ara.

You have to watch out when someone throws a bus at you. You could get hurt.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I have given up waiting for stuff created inspired by my forum persona a long time ago. Now I just sometimes honour others with creations form my twisted brain.

Speaking of which:

Palladinium (obvious for whomever)

This is a silvery metal that can be molten quite easily to pour into the form of a sieve, or ground into a fine powder. In both cases the metal allows for a quick and efficient filtering of harmful substances into clean ones. If used as a sieve or fashioned in a mask you can use it to negate the effects of an aerosol attack like stinking cloud, cloudkill, fog cloud, et.al. Seeing how the metal is used as a catalyst to break the effects down it can be used indefinitely.

If ground into a fine powder and administrered to someone under effects of a disease, poison, ravage or affliction the effects can be negated. A dose of 1 teaspoon negates the effect of one disease (et. al).

A dose of Palladinium can be bought for 100 gp, the amount needed for a mask for a medium creature can be fashioned from 20 doses and requires a craft wondrous item crafting check of DC 28 and the maker must be in possession of the tools necessary costing 1000 gp.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    I have given up waiting for stuff created inspired by my forum persona a long time ago. Now I just sometimes honour others with creations form my twisted brain.

Speaking of which:

This is a silvery metal that can be molten quite easily to pour into the form of a sieve, or ground into a fine powder. In both cases the metal allows for a quick and efficient filtering of harmful substances into clean ones. If used as a sieve or fashioned in a mask you can use it to negate the effects of an aerosol attack like stinking cloud, cloudkill, fog cloud, et.al. Seeing how the metal is used as a catalyst to break the effects down it can be used indefinitely.

If ground into a fine powder and administrered to someone under effects of a disease, poison, ravage or affliction the effects can be negated. A dose of 1 teaspoon negates the effect of one disease (et. al).

A dose of Palladinium can be bought for 100 gp, the amount needed for a mask for a medium creature can be fashioned from 20 doses and requires a craft wondrous item crafting check of DC 28 and the maker must be in possession of the tools necessary costing 1000 gp.
    can you grind Palladinium golem to make Palladinium dust if you can doit dan welcome to unlimited money works

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Just as planned.

Ghoul Leather.

This special material (which may or may not be made from actual ghouls) can be used to make non metal armor, such as padded and leather armors. A shiny black leather, it reeks of despair and hopelessness. The wearer of armor made of this armor gets a -1 penalty versus fear, but gains a +2 bonus to intimidate and bluff checks made to seduce.

Armor made of Ghoul Leather is always considered masterwork, and costs an additional 1,500 gp.

24. - Top - End - #24

Speaking of which:

That's awesome! I'm mobile right now, but expect a return material sometime in the next day or so! Can't skimp out on my very first Jr. Tormlet!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-04 at 10:07 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Yaaay this sounds fun.

Red Ferum

A dark red metal that, no matter how it is worked, always seems to shine like wet blood due to its strange structure. It seems to have some power to reinforce order in other materials. In most respects, it functions as cold iron. However, it develops additional qualities depending on how it is used.

For starters, red ferum doesn't rust or corrode and is immune to any such effect. When a red ferum weapon or armor is used by a creature of lawful alignment, it deals an extra 1 point of damage to chaotic creatures when made into a weapon or provides DR 1/chaotic when made into armor. When used in chains or other restraints, the break DC increases by 10, the hardness increases by 5, and the Escape Artist DC increases by 5. Only items primarily made of metal can be made of red ferum, things such as spears cannot be made of red ferum.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-01-02 at 08:12 PM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Yaaay this sounds fun.

Red Ferum

A dark red metal that, no matter how it is worked, always seems to shine like wet blood due to its strange structure. It seems to have some power to reinforce order in other materials. In most respects, it functions as cold iron. However, it develops additional qualities depending on how it is used.
    Aesthetically pleasing and multifunctional? Do go on.

For starters, red ferum doesn't rust or corrode and is immune to any such effect.
    Eat that, rust monsters.

When a red ferum weapon or armor is used by a creature of lawful alignment, it deals an extra 1 point of damage to chaotic creatures or provides DR 1/chaotic.
    It might help to separate those out, so you don't get a Red Ferum longsword that gives you DR/Chaotic or a Red Ferum breastplate that deals extra damage, but I like the versatility.

When used in chains or other restraints, the break DC increases by 10, the hardness increases by 5, and the Escape Artist DC increases by 5.
    Have you been peeking at my browser history? That's very interesting, although I'm sure I don't know where you got that idea.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    It might help to separate those out, so you don't get a Red Ferum longsword that gives you DR/Chaotic or a Red Ferum breastplate that deals extra damage, but I like the versatility.
    Fixed that.

I figured a metal that encourages law and order, even if it meant restraining someone, would get on your good side.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Bardsteel

A metal with an almost mirror-like natural finish, bardsteel grants a number of benefits to any instrument constructed with it. While performing with the instrument, the performer gains a +4 untyped bonus to perform checks, as well as the +1 competence bonus from masterwork. In addition, instruments constructed in this manner are strong enough to function as weapons. They deal 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage, count as silver for the purposes of damage reduction, and are treated as masterwork.

The cost of a bardsteel instrument is 500 GP above the regular price of the instrument. This includes the price of masterwork.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

29. - Top - End - #29
    Colossus in the Playground

I give permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

30. - Top - End - #30

I have given up waiting for stuff created inspired by my forum persona a long time ago.
    Never fear, Paladin's here.

Drunken Iron
    This metal was invented by a dwarven smith whose funds had all but run dry. One fateful day, when business was slow and the ale was plentiful, the smith accidentally quenched a sword in his keg of ale instead of oil! Thus, drunken iron was created. This metal has a marbled bronze look, making it a unique and eye catching material.

Effect
    Weapons forged from drunken iron deal 1 point of constitution damage when they strike an opponent (dc 12 fortitude negates) and armor forged from drunken iron grants damage reduction 10/-, but it deals 1d4 wisdom damage when donned that can only be overcome by removing the armor.

Type of Item Item Cost Modifier
    Ammunition +60 gp
    Light Armor +5,000 gp
    Medium Armor +10,000 gp
    Heavy Armor +15,000 gp
    Shield +2,000 gp
    Weapon +3,000 gp
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-04 at 10:40 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!