A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

Someone go compile all the ones that have been made since the last curse post I made!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Someone go compile all the ones that have been made since the last curse post I made!
    The internet is incredibly slow at my current venue. I'll attempt to do a sweep in a bit or this evening.

Edit:
    Ugh, I haven't swept since page 2...
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-11 at 01:54 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    The internet is incredibly slow at my current venue. I'll attempt to do a sweep in a bit or this evening.

Edit:
    Ugh, I haven't swept since page 2...
    loyal I will handle that pseudo sweep número uno coming up

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    I think more like you use two of your daily bardic performances but you gain really amp up version of one
    and any one can make that metal ı requested please some of my builds depend on it
    Ok, I got this.

Channel Legend
    Prereq: Bardic Music, Perform 12 ranks

Benefit: You can activate this ability when you activate one of your bardic music effects. By burning yourself out, you channel the ability of one of the legendary bards of the past. By sacrificing all of your remaining uses of bardic music, you imbue your current performance with nigh-unstoppable power.

If the bardic ability provides a static effect, treat it as if you had activated the ability a number of times equal to the number of bardic music uses sacrificed for 1 round. For example, Inspire Courage +2 would provide an additional +2 for each use of bardic music sacrificed for 1 round.

If the bardic ability has a DC, increase the DC by 2 for each use of bardic music sacrificed. For example, a suggestion bardic music ability would have its DC increased by 2 for each use of bardic music sacrificed.

You must sacrifice all remaining daily uses of your bardic music to activate this effect.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Last edited by khadgar567; 2016-01-11 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added jorm's second batch

6. - Top - End - #516
    Banned

Playgrounder Cursed Materials (Again)

Bloodbound Steel
    Bloodbound Steel weapons force the wielder to attempt to attack a creature unless the wielder can pass a DC 20 will save each round. Bloodbound Steel armour doubles all damage the wearer takes.

Dandere Cloth (Not cursed)
    Yandere Cloth may appear as this more benign item, which costs 10,000 GP for enough to use in a piece of clothing and provides a +2 bonus on fortitude saves.

Flame Ruby
    Flame Ruby looks a lot like Fel Ruby, but is far cheaper to make - only a tenth of the cost. However, it is extremely volatile - it provides no actual fire resistance, and will always melt when it takes fire damage.

Kuudere Cloth (Not cursed)
    Yandere Cloth may appear as this more benign item, which costs 10,000 GP for enough to use in a piece of clothing and provides a +2 bonus on will saves.

Peacewrap Paper
    Peacewrap Paper looks like Fistwrap Paper, but is practically worthless and an item made from it does nothing but break upon a successful hit.

Rudisplorkium
    It's a cursed item already, trust me.

Superfluous Anchovies
    If you use Superfluous Anchovies to craft a food item, anyone who eats that item must take a DC 25 fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 week. They can try to save again each day.

True Snow
    True Snow appears like False Snow, but really contains the very essence of cold within it, dealing 20d6 points of cold damage to anyone who touches it.

Tsundere Cloth (Not cursed)
    Yandere Cloth may appear as this more benign item, which costs 10,000 GP for enough to use in a piece of clothing and provides a +2 bonus on reflex saves.

Virusblight Ink
    About 25% of the result of the alchemical process that produces Virus Ink produces this waste product instead. If Virusblight Ink is applied to a creature in the same manner as Virus Ink, the creature is perpetually inflicted with the relevant disease. Three times as much Virus Ink is required to neutralise the effect, so if no attempt is made to separate the two, they are ineffective.

Volatile Xul
    Some Xul is so volatile that it flickers between worlds at random at merest touch. A creature who so much as touches Volatile Xul must take a DC 30 Knowledge (The Planes) check or be transported to another plane at random.

Wordless Silk
    Wordless Silk gives off a substance that makes it difficult to breathe and impossible to talk while wearing it - truespeak uses are still possible (see The Universe Hears Just FineToM) but spells with verbal components fail.

7. - Top - End - #517

BardGuy

Wordless Silk
    Wordless Silk gives off a substance that makes it difficult to breathe and impossible to talk while wearing it - truespeak uses are still possible (see The Universe Hears Just FineToM) but spells with verbal components fail.
    What is this monstrosity?!

Last edited by illyahr; 2016-01-11 at 03:36 PM.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    What is this monstrosity?!
    Oh, yeah. Bard. I forgot.

9. - Top - End - #519

BardGuy

Oh, yeah. Bard. I forgot.
    How could you forget about me?

10. - Top - End - #520
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    How could you forget about me?
    There there. *Pets*.

11. - Top - End - #521

BardGuy

So any thoughts on that feat, khadgar?

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

(Half sleepy from channeling loyalpaladin )good Zzzzzz(falls ground and starts sleeping)

13. - Top - End - #523

Spoiler: Short.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524

Previous - Sweep #2 - Next

Submissions
    Kobold Quicksteel (WeaselGuy)
    Cursed Items Mk. I (Playgrounders)
    Virus Ink (VirusInk)
    Wyrdsilk (Jormengand)
    Yandere-Cloth (Snowbluff)
    Fistwrap Paper (IZ42)
    Fel Ruby (Red Fel)
    Demonthread Silk (Desril)
    Rudisplorkium (Threadnaught?)
    False Snow (Snowbluff)
    Extra Anchovies (Extra Anchovies)
    Bloodwrought Metal (Illven)
    Cursed Items Mk. II (Playgrounders)

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

-snip-
    Volatile Xul
    Some Xul is so volatile that it flickers between worlds at random at merest touch. A creature who so much as touches Volatile Xul must take a DC 30 Knowledge (The Planes) check or be transported to another plane at random.
    -snip-
    For some reason, Im thinking of Volatile Xul arrow heads, or bullets...

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    For some reason, Im thinking of Volatile Xul arrow heads, or bullets...
    or shurikens to insta banish any one

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

or shurikens to insta banish any one
    Any weapon that can be thrown or fired would do, or even any weapon for that matter, though I think arrows and bolts have the greatest potential in both distance and the fact you don't need to touch the arrow head to use it. Be careful and aim true.
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2016-01-12 at 02:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Any weapon that can be thrown or fired would do, or even any weapon for that matter, though I think arrows and bolts have the greatest potential in both distance and the fact you don't need to touch the arrow head to use it. Be careful and aim true.
    kineticts throw blast or how about strait armorist with warp sphere and bust open gate of Babylon on the fools a*s gilgamesh style

19. - Top - End - #529

DIE! THREAD! DIE!*

Spoiler: This is the bit where Sarissa was meant to have a big rant about personal responsibility
    Show

I don't know why I plan anything.

*"The! Thread! The!"**

**Assuming the thread is a girl.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post

**Assuming the thread is a girl.

Hey! Respect her lifestyle!

Updated the OP with LP's second sweep. Thanks!
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-01-13 at 11:06 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

21. - Top - End - #531

Hey! Respect her lifestyle!

22. - Top - End - #532

Updated the OP with LP's second sweep. Thanks!
    Any time, Snow.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2016-01-14 at 10:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534

Are the threads going forward going to be reiterations of new ones? I think I heard somebody say something about that.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2016-01-14 at 10:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536

Did everybody see that Alan Rickman died?

{scrubbed}
    Khadgar,
    Don't take this too personally, but I'm not particularly inspired to create anything for you. You've not been the kindest individual to the people in this thread and I'm not sure why you are demanding we make you something.

I'm linking this for any questions you might have about general thread decorum.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2016-01-14 at 11:00 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Did everybody see that Alan Rickman died?
    Seriously, I only just caught that news by accident. Holy crap, man. First Bowie, now Rickman.

I've been listening to Space Oddity, Labyrinth, etc., to remember Bowie. I really don't want to have to marathon Harry Potter. Nothing against Rickman, who is every inch the epic individual, both on and off screen, I just don't want to marathon those movies.

Maybe I'll just watch Die Hard.

Khadgar,
    Don't take this too personally, but I'm not particularly inspired to create anything for you. You've not been the kindest individual to the people in this thread and I'm not sure why you are demanding we make you something.
    Seconded.

You'll notice that the people who get materials tend not to have begged for them. People are inspired to write things for people with whose work they are familiar, people who have contributed, people who are engaging and pleasant.

All of these things describe me. Just saying, I'm awesome.

Look at the materials that have been proposed. They're based on people with an established personality, trait, or specialty. My stuff is Evil. LP's stuff is Awful Lawful Good. Snow's stuff is frankly rather terrifying. IZ's is Monk-related. And so forth. Because each of us has established a bit of a persona or expertise, because we're friendly and chatty, and because we're awesome. Some of those reasons also apply to IZ.

You're not making friends by demanding things, and you're not making friends by using the big letters, and you're not making friends by using strong language or insulting the very people you hope will do nice things for you.

Settle down. Breathe. Consider joining the festivities in a positive, productive, friendly manner. And maybe in some future thread, when you've developed a positive reputation and people have a bead on you and what you do, you might inspire someone to do things for you. But this isn't the way, chief.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Seriously, I only just caught that news by accident. Holy crap, man. First Bowie, now Rickman.

I've been listening to Space Oddity, Labyrinth, etc., to remember Bowie. I really don't want to have to marathon Harry Potter. Nothing against Rickman, who is every inch the epic individual, both on and off screen, I just don't want to marathon those movies.

Maybe I'll just watch Die Hard.
    I'm going to watch Galaxy Quest with a couple buddies tomorrow night. If you live up here in the PNW, you're welcome to join! Haha.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Colossus in the Playground

To back up Loyal Paladin and Red Fel's points, imagine you want a customized birthday cake. You come in to the Christmas party at a bakery where people are having fun making cakes themed for each other, and you demand they make you one. You insult them, call them lazy, and otherwise accuse their party games of being unimportant distractions from serving you.

Do you honestly expect anybody to make you a cake at that point?

Although a Special Material that is based on the klik that ate the cursed sword in Goblins might be fitting...

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to watch Galaxy Quest with a couple buddies tomorrow night. If you live up here in the PNW, you're welcome to join! Haha.
    Pretty sure that's just a bit outside of my driving radius. That said, I think you just hit on the best choice. Think I'll start there.

Still. Holy crap. I liked that guy. I built archetypes around what that guy did. Holy crap. I mean, what the me, man. I'm going to have to process this.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!