A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

Spoiler: You all saw this coming.
    Show

2. - Top - End - #632
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Quick, LoyalPaladin, you have turn undead, right?
    I could just use command unthread on it. But it seems harmless enough, and not likely to be a useful minion.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    I could just use command unthread on it. But it seems harmless enough, and not likely to be a useful minion.
    agreed with segev also you can pop a message to mark hall, or (suzumia) haruki-kun a pm so they lock for treat necromancy
    so no need to spend smite or control undead for it

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

this one is for someone who really enjoys this. You know who you are, demanding your sweeps...

Dust of twisting

This dust is created when a wish has been fulfilled that is secretly curse in disguise because the creature granting that wish was able to twist the actual words of the wish could be twisted into fulfilling the wish exactly not as it was intended. The amount of dust created depends on the magnitude of the twisting done to the wish.

An item coated the dust will, when left coated for a year and a day, become twisted in its purpose. Enchanted and blessed items will turn their purposes dark and even artifacts will tarnish and turn on its use, changing its abilities to turn against it's orginal intended purpose.

When inhaled or ingested the dust will, over the course of a year and a day each of the person's attributes and characteristics will change to the opposite. The highest scores will become the lowest and vice versa. A LG character will turn towards the chaotic and evil sice side of philosophy. A mage might become without magic and a character of martial prowess will lose all ability in swinging it. men become women, husbands wives, sons daughters and so forth.

The only way to undo the effects of Dust of Twisting are if a wish is granted without asking and/or receiving something in return, without malice and with only compassion in mind.

Spoiler: DC 50 arcana check or DC 5 Bardic Knowledge check)
    Show
    There is another way to break the effects of Dust of Twisting: the sacrifice out of true love. This love can't be engineered by magic and must be completely intrinsic. The sacrifice must be unknowingly and out of pure unadulterated love. Because every bard knows Omnia vincit amor, they know this to be true.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

5. - Top - End - #635

Spoiler: Also, there'd be a whole lot less crime on the streets. Eventually.
    Show

Beryl can pronounce "Pz Mk IV" just as written because she's just that evil.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Reinforced Shadowweave (Marlowe... and Xuldarinar???)

Woven from fibers of shadow itself and reinforced with trace amounts of marlownium reinforced shadowweave is used to make light weight armors. Only padded, leather, chainshirt, and chainmail armor may be made of reinforced shadowweave but it grants noticeable advantages. Reinforced shadowweave is absolutely weightless carrying no Armor Check Penalty, no Arcane Spell Failure, and no max Dex bonus to AC. Reinforced shadowweave also obscures your alignment when worn causing it to be undetectable by 6th level or lower spells. Finally reinforced shadowweave reinforces the shadows of your personality; evil aligned creatures wearing reinforced shadowweave are considered to have a +4 profane bonus to their Charisma except for the purposes of spellcasting, spell-like abilities, ability checks, and skill checks. Medium reinforced shadowweave is considered light armor whenever beneficial.

Light reinforced shadowweave armor costs an extra 18,000 GP.
    Medium reinforced shadowweave armor costs an extra 36,000 GP.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-25 at 01:35 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

Zaydos I made a new thread. :0
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

8. - Top - End - #638

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    SNIP.
    Oh wow! You actually made me something I'd use! AND you made a reason for somebody to wear Chainmail instead of the breastplate!

*NITPICK* It needs a clarification whether Shadowweave Chainmail can be slept in without causing fatigue. As a result of an early DMs love of night-ambushes none of my characters in 3.5 have worn any armour heavier than "light" for years.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Bugbear in the Playground

Special Material: Morphic Metal:
    Benefit: Morphic Metal items may have their form changed to another item of equal weight with the Fabricate spell.(the advantage is that you can make it a piece of armor, instead of only weapons.)

Special: A Morphic Metal weapon with the Morphic enhancement is the largest size category you can use without penalty when wielded, and as a Fine dagger when not in use. Similarly, armor made of Morphic Metal with the Morphic enhancement is clothing when not in use and the heaviest type you can use without penalty.(and also lets you put the enhancement on armor. Heavy Adamantite when in combat, clothes when out of combat. Also, 1000 Colossal Full Swords on a Hulking Hurler. You die, no questions asked.)

Cost: *2 base item, no further cost.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Special Material: Morphic Metal:
    Benefit: Morphic Metal items may have their form changed to another item of equal weight with the Fabricate spell.(the advantage is that you can make it a piece of armor, instead of only weapons.)

Special: A Morphic Metal weapon with the Morphic enhancement is the largest size category you can use without penalty when wielded, and as a Fine dagger when not in use. Similarly, armor made of Morphic Metal with the Morphic enhancement is clothing when not in use and the heaviest type you can use without penalty.(and also lets you put the enhancement on armor. Heavy Adamantite when in combat, clothes when out of combat. Also, 1000 Colossal Full Swords on a Hulking Hurler. You die, no questions asked.)

Cost: *2 base item, no further cost.
    morphic tide can you do me a favor and post any thing tou made in to domains one

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Draconium (Draconium)

Also called "dragon's gold" draconium is gold from a dragon's hoard upon which a dragon has long rested. This gold accumulates a magical charge due to the dragon's slumber granting it a magical conductivity which can be both boon and curse. While only rarely made into armor (and never into weapons) this dragons gold is used in various magical items and can be forged from draconium. Draconium costs ~100 GP a pound due to the difficulty of collecting it and verifying it has been within a dragon's hoard long enough (DC 20 Spellcraft check while observing with Detect Magic), although it can be found more simply by killing dragons. This replaces the normal raw material cost of armor made from draconium. Only normally metal armor may be made from draconium and it may not be chain link. Draconium armor grants 1 less AC if medium, and 2 less if heavy, however it has no arcane spell failure, its max Dex is increased by 1, and its armor check penalty is reduced by 2; as all draconium armor is masterwork that reduction is included within. As an additional 'benefit' of draconium armor touch spells can be applied 5 ft beyond the caster's reach, ranged and melee touch attack rolls to strike you with spells gain a +2 bonus, and the range of any other targeted spell targeting you is increased by 5 ft if you wear light (studded leather) draconium armor, 10 ft if you wear medium, and 15 ft if you wear heavy, this also increases the distance from other targets you may be with multi-target spells.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Draconium (Draconium)
    You know, I'm surprised it took this long for someone to realize my screen name could easily be used as a special material name. Seriously, though, this looks awesome. Thanks!
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    You know, I'm surprised it took this long for someone to realize my screen name could easily be used as a special material name. Seriously, though, this looks awesome. Thanks!
    I actually used it for this same thing in the Hoardforged Feat Then I thought 'hey there was a special materials thread and if this is a material it should be posted as one... but why would you use it as a weapon or armor???' then I thought of a why.

Current Projects: