A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 643
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler: Come into my castle.
    Show











    is that kergerenkos evil twin made from this treat

  2. - Top - End - #602
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Segev's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    [QUOTE=Zaydos;20310639]Would you like some bone marrow devouring plant beasts to go with them? They're great for getting rid of undead*.QUOTE]

    Why would I--? *reads the fine print* Ah. Of course. Such...um...safety measures should not be overlooked. I'll take a bouquet of a dozen, please. Make that a baker's dozen.

  3. - Top - End - #603
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Spoiler: Contains a bad word!
    Show












    "Expressionistic". Obviously.

  4. - Top - End - #604
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    unseenmage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Middle of nowhere USA.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler: Contains a bad word!
    Show












    "Expressionistic". Obviously.
    Halls of mirrors that create True Neutral versions of those who dare to peer too deeply at the mirror plane exist as well but no one has strong feelings about them one way or another.

  5. - Top - End - #605
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Halls of mirrors that create True Neutral versions of those who dare to peer too deeply at the mirror plane exist as well but no one has strong feelings about them one way or another.
    Two drums and a cymbal fall off a cliff.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

    Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

    I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

  6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Bleeding Iron/Steel (IZ42)

    Found in Dis, this iron always seems to develop a red discoloration, similar to rust but with a more vivid hue. However it suffers none of the disadvantages of rust, at least not for this discoloration (bleeding iron may rust normally). It is said the iron was formed when the archmonk Iz fought with Bel and was slain, that where his blood dripped down from Avernus to rain upon the Iron City, the iron was transfigured into this 'bleeding iron'.

    When forged into steel this bleeding steel continues to take on this discoloration. For most uses bleeding iron or steel shows no advantage over regular metal. However when forged into armor or weapons it shows its true purpose, its power seeming to grow with the wounds of its wielder.

    When wearing light armor made of bleeding steel a creature gains DR 1/- while at 25% or less hp. When wearing medium armor made of bleeding steel they gain DR 2/- at 25% or less hp and DR 1/- at 50% or less hp. When wearing heavy armor of bleeding steel they gain DR 3/- at 10% or less hp, DR 2/- at 25% or less, and DR 1/- at 50% or less. Light armor of bleeding steel costs extra 2000 GP, medium armor costs 4000 GP, and heavy armor costs 6000 GP.

    When wielding a weapon made of bleeding steel a creature gains a +1 bonus to damage if they are at 50% or less hp, a +1d3 if at 25% or less hp, and +1d4 if at 10% or less hp. A weapon made of bleeding steel costs an additional 1500 GP and is automatically of masterwork quality (only the finest bleeding steel can be used to make weapons). Cold Bleeding Iron can be forged which costs 3000 GP in addition to the normal doubling of the base cost of the item and +2000 GP to enchant.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-19 at 05:05 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  7. - Top - End - #607
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Awesome and

    Loyal Steel

    Loyal steel is forged with bonemeal made from the skeletons of paladins, knights, and other warriors and protectors of law who fell in battle. Weapons made of loyal steel are as unswerving in their duty as the champions they were forged from. A creature wielding a loyal steel weapon gains a +4 bonus to resist disarm attempts or on saving throws or other checks made to keep it in hand. Creatures attempting to steal a loyal steel weapon suffer a -4 penalty on their Sleight of Hand check. Loyal steel weapons made primarily of metal make all saving throws as +2 and have +2 hardness and +5 hp compared to regular steel. Only masterwork weapons with metal parts can be made of loyal steel. As the critical threshold of knight bone is seemingly unaffected by the size of the weapon a loyal steel weapon costs 300 extra GP regardless of size.
    Sorry, I just saw this. I unsubbed the thread.

    This is awesome! I would totally use this material.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Viral Skim (VirusInk)

    On Oinos, first layer of the Gray Wastes of Tarturus, viruses grow in roiling pools of living disease. These viral pools are the property of the dreaded 'loths, ancient evil beings said to predate the first Baatezu and the oldest Tanar'ri. The 'loths tend to these pools under the direction of the dreaded Oinoloth, the great yugoloth who rules over all diseases on Oinos. Among the many ways in which they tend these pools, the yugoloths skim off the top of the pool where the viruses exposed to the air of the Gray Wastes die and harden forming a thick skin which can be treated and hardened like leather. The yugoloths, as pure mercenary beings, sell this skim for use in the creation of clothing, and certain armors. As a mass of disease the faux-leather is infectious, though a creature wearing it regularly soon develops immunity (they must save once per 10 minutes for 1 day after which that suit of viral skim clothes/armor has no effect on them as long as they wear it at least 1 hour a week).

    Viral skim is a yellow-brown color with a tendency towards putrid green discoloration, and a less than pleasant smell. Wearing it in most social situations outside of the wilderness inflicts a -2 penalty to Diplomacy and Gather Information checks, increasing to a -4 or higher in situations requiring fine presentation and etiquette.

    Any creature touching the cloth or striking the wearer with an unarmed attack, touch spell, or natural weapon must make a Fort save or contact Filth Fever (1d3 Dex and Con damage), if they wear it or grapple the wearer the DC is increased, and if they bite it or the wearer the DC is increased further (DCs on table below). A successful save renders the creature immune to saves of that DC or lower from that suit for 3 rounds. Being made from the viral pits of Oinos this disease is extremely fast acting with an incubation period of 1 round. The DC differs on whether it is clothes, light, medium, or heavy armor. Only leather or hide based armor can be made into viral skim armor. After the initial infection the disease uses the standard save DC (12).

    Type Touch Grapple Bite
    Clothing 10 11 13
    Light 12 13 15
    Medium 13 15 17
    Heavy 15 17 20

    Viral Skim Clothing, in addition to being a strange orange-brown leather with putrid green splotches, costs an additional 800 GP.
    Viral Skim Light Armor costs an additional 1000 GP.
    Viral Skim Medium Armor costs an additional 4000 GP.
    Viral Skim Heavy Armor costs an additional 9000 GP.

    Hopefully that'll help a bit with yandere stalkers.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  9. - Top - End - #609
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Under My Desk
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Viral Skim (VirusInk)
    Thank you, Zaydos! I really enjoyed that one!
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

    Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

    Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

  10. - Top - End - #610
    Banned
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusInk View Post
    Thank you, Zaydos! I really enjoyed that one!
    Ooh, you're back. : 3

    Also someone make a list.

  11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Debi-steel (Debihuman)

    The origin of debi-iron, which is forged into debi-steel, is little known. The only known source of debi-iron is the traveling merchants called the mercane. Debi-steel is valued by monster hunters as it is said to whisper knowledge of beasts and their kind into the very bones of those who wear debi-steel armor. Armor made of debi-steel helps the wearer identify monsters and aid in use of that knowledge against them. Only metal armor can be made into debi-steel armor.

    When wearing debi-steel light armor you gain a +2 Insight bonus on Knowledge checks made as part of Knowledge Devotion or to identify monsters. When wearing debi-steel medium armor you gain a +4 Insight bonus on Knowledge checks made as part of Knowledge Devotion or to identify monsters. When wearing debi-steel heavy armor you gain a +6 Insight bonus on Knowledge checks made as part of Knowledge Devotion or to identify monsters. Debi-steel light armor costs an additional 600 GP, medium armor costs an additional 2500 GP, and heavy armor costs an additional 6000 GP.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Stormiron (Silva Stormrage)

    On rare occasions when iron is exposed to the worst blizzards of the Frostburn, or found hidden deep within the paraelemental plane of ice, it takes on an aspect of the cold. Absorbing the cold into itself the iron grows harder and chill, absorbing heat to form a chill iron as hard as adamantine as well as carrying the chill of the winter within it.

    Weapons forged of stormiron function as if adamantine but deal +2 cold damage with each hit and costs 10000 GP.

    Armor forged of stormiron functions as adamantine armor but any creature that ends its turn adjacent to you takes 1d4 Cold damage, 1d8 if medium, and 2d6 if heavy. This damage is applied to you as well. Stormiron armor costs 7000 GP if light, 14000 GP if medium, and 21000 if heavy.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Resting upon my hoard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Wow, Zaydos. That's quite a few new materials you've made... Did you miss us or something?
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

    Extended Signature Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

    As much as it god damn wants.
    Avatar by thoroughlyS

  14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Wow, Zaydos. That's quite a few new materials you've made... Did you miss us or something?
    Nah, just putting off making a list of new invocations for a shapeshifting base class by making some things that are easy to throw out in 10 minutes a pop.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Resting upon my hoard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Nah, just putting off making a list of new invocations for a shapeshifting base class by making some things that are easy to throw out in 10 minutes a pop.
    Eh, potato, tomato. That's totally how the phrase goes, right?

    By the way, has Snowbluff not been around? Snow mentioned something about putting up a new thread a few days ago, but I haven't seen anything since...
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

    Extended Signature Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

    As much as it god damn wants.
    Avatar by thoroughlyS

  16. - Top - End - #616
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Under My Desk
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Ooh, you're back. : 3

    Also someone make a list.
    Just stopping in! I've been exploring the playground a bit.
    Still learning the stats for everything though, so I've yet to attempt making a special material or anything.
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

    Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

    Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

  17. - Top - End - #617
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    unseenmage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Middle of nowhere USA.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Two drums and a cymbal fall off a cliff.
    Genuinely made me smile. Thank you for that.

  18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Bleeding Iron/Steel (IZ42)

    Found in Dis, this iron always seems to develop a red discoloration, similar to rust but with a more vivid hue. However it suffers none of the disadvantages of rust, at least not for this discoloration (bleeding iron may rust normally). It is said the iron was formed when the archmonk Iz fought with Bel and was slain, that where his blood dripped down from Avernus to rain upon the Iron City, the iron was transfigured into this 'bleeding iron'.

    When forged into steel this bleeding steel continues to take on this discoloration. For most uses bleeding iron or steel shows no advantage over regular metal. However when forged into armor or weapons it shows its true purpose, its power seeming to grow with the wounds of its wielder.

    When wearing light armor made of bleeding steel a creature gains DR 1/- while at 25% or less hp. When wearing medium armor made of bleeding steel they gain DR 2/- at 25% or less hp and DR 1/- at 50% or less hp. When wearing heavy armor of bleeding steel they gain DR 3/- at 10% or less hp, DR 2/- at 25% or less, and DR 1/- at 50% or less. Light armor of bleeding steel costs extra 2000 GP, medium armor costs 4000 GP, and heavy armor costs 6000 GP.

    When wielding a weapon made of bleeding steel a creature gains a +1 bonus to damage if they are at 50% or less hp, a +1d3 if at 25% or less hp, and +1d4 if at 10% or less hp. A weapon made of bleeding steel costs an additional 1500 GP and is automatically of masterwork quality (only the finest bleeding steel can be used to make weapons). Cold Bleeding Iron can be forged which costs 3000 GP in addition to the normal doubling of the base cost of the item and +2000 GP to enchant.
    :D

    Thanks a lot, man! I love it.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Fluff is stumping me at the moment so...

    Maidweave (khadgar567)

    Made from cotton-like plants growing in the (great demi)plane of Aitch, maidweave is a surprisingly soft, airy material. While utterly useless as armor it is a common material of choice for the uniforms of (enchanted) minions of certain aspiring wizard-lords. Specifically the material when woven into clothing grants the wearer a great knowledge of how to clean and an urge to do so. If a dress or suit of maidweave is worn the wearer gains a +4 insight bonus on all Profession (Janitor) and Profession (Maid) checks as well as any check to deal with cleaning, however if they see a mess they must make a Will save (DC 13) or immediately begin cleaning it; this is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. Headdresses of maidweave have noticeable power on their own, granting a +2 bonus to such checks but only a DC 11 Will save; if both are worn together the bonus becomes +6 and the Will save DC 15.

    A suit or dress of maidweave costs 800 GP. A headdress of it costs 400 GP.

    Warning links may include: Maids, J-Rock, women dressed as maids performing J-Rock. If you have allergies to these things please consult your local cleric.

    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-20 at 12:02 AM. Reason: To add silliness
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  20. - Top - End - #620
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Is someone joking about Maids? Gentlemen, I am disappointed.

    Maids are no joking matter.

  21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post

    I remember that one time that the student president was a maid.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Is someone joking about Maids? Gentlemen, I am disappointed.

    Maids are no joking matter.
    Less scary than a Maid Cafe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    I remember that one time that the student president was a maid.
    Never actually watched the anime, just seemed a useful gif for the occasion.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Elemental Plane of Purple
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Debi-steel (Debihuman)

    The origin of debi-iron, which is forged into debi-steel, is little known. The only known source of debi-iron is the traveling merchants called the mercane. Debi-steel is valued by monster hunters as it is said to whisper knowledge of beasts and their kind into the very bones of those who wear debi-steel armor. Armor made of debi-steel helps the wearer identify monsters and aid in use of that knowledge against them. Only metal armor can be made into debi-steel armor.

    When wearing debi-steel light armor you gain a +2 Insight bonus on Knowledge checks made as part of Knowledge Devotion or to identify monsters. When wearing debi-steel medium armor you gain a +4 Insight bonus on Knowledge checks made as part of Knowledge Devotion or to identify monsters. When wearing debi-steel heavy armor you gain a +6 Insight bonus on Knowledge checks made as part of Knowledge Devotion or to identify monsters. Debi-steel light armor costs an additional 600 GP, medium armor costs an additional 2500 GP, and heavy armor costs an additional 6000 GP.
    So appropriate. Thanks!
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

  24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Fluff is stumping me at the moment so...

    Maidweave (khadgar567)

    Made from cotton-like plants growing in the (great demi)plane of Aitch, maidweave is a surprisingly soft, airy material. While utterly useless as armor it is a common material of choice for the uniforms of (enchanted) minions of certain aspiring wizard-lords. Specifically the material when woven into clothing grants the wearer a great knowledge of how to clean and an urge to do so. If a dress or suit of maidweave is worn the wearer gains a +4 insight bonus on all Profession (Janitor) and Profession (Maid) checks as well as any check to deal with cleaning, however if they see a mess they must make a Will save (DC 13) or immediately begin cleaning it; this is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. Headdresses of maidweave have noticeable power on their own, granting a +2 bonus to such checks but only a DC 11 Will save; if both are worn together the bonus becomes +6 and the Will save DC 15.

    A suit or dress of maidweave costs 800 GP. A headdress of it costs 400 GP.

    Warning links may include: Maids, J-Rock, women dressed as maids performing J-Rock. If you have allergies to these things please consult your local cleric.

    no words thanks for making outfits for my servants( da*n i need to up my mind rape game

  25. - Top - End - #625
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Wow, someone necro'd the spells thread after eight months.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

    Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

    I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

  26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Songforged Steel (Illyahr)

    Songforged steel is ordinary iron. It needs nothing special to construct besides high quality iron. However it needs something special to construct it. To create an object out of songforged steel requires the craftsman (and it must be the craftsman) to sing to the steel in the forge. As such creating a songforged object requires a Perform (Sing) check with a DC equal to the craft DC. An instrument made of songforged steel is always Mw and can be used to naturally amplify the sound doubling the range to which it will reach, and a weapon made of songforged steel can be used as an instrument with Perform (Percussion) every swing making a musical tone; a songforged weapon is not a masterwork instrument unless it is a masterwork weapon. Using a songforged weapon as both a weapon and an instrument at the same time applies a -2 penalty to attack rolls and a -10 penalty to Perform checks for quality, it may provide a higher bonus for presentation and impressing others. Songforged weapons are, of course, noisy and reduce the listen check DC to hear a combat using them by 10 and even a single subtle strike can be heard with a DC of 0. Songforged steel armor could theoretically be used as a gong, but would also make Move Silently impossible.

    Objects made of songforged steel costs triple the normal cost; this tripling is not applied to the Mw quality on weapons (and armor).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-20 at 06:24 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  27. - Top - End - #627
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Songforged Steel (Illayhr)

    Songforged steel is ordinary iron. It needs nothing special to construct besides high quality iron. However it needs something special to construct it. To create an object out of songforged steel requires the craftsman (and it must be the craftsman) to sing to the steel in the forge. As such creating a songforged object requires a Perform (Sing) check with a DC equal to the craft DC. An instrument made of songforged steel is always Mw and can be used to naturally amplify the sound doubling the range to which it will reach, and a weapon made of songforged steel can be used as an instrument with Perform (Percussion) every swing making a musical tone; a songforged weapon is not a masterwork instrument unless it is a masterwork weapon. Using a songforged weapon as both a weapon and an instrument at the same time applies a -2 penalty to attack rolls and a -10 penalty to Perform checks for quality, it may provide a higher bonus for presentation and impressing others. Songforged weapons are, of course, noisy and reduce the listen check DC to hear a combat using them by 10 and even a single subtle strike can be heard with a DC of 0. Songforged steel armor could theoretically be used as a gong, but would also make Move Silently impossible.

    Objects made of songforged steel costs triple the normal cost; this tripling is not applied to the Mw quality on weapons (and armor).
    Weeeeeeeeee!
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

    Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

    I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

  28. - Top - End - #628
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sovereign State of Denial

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Wow, someone necro'd the spells thread after eight months.
    Quick, LoyalPaladin, you have turn undead, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

  29. - Top - End - #629
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Quick, LoyalPaladin, you have turn undead, right?
    That is true! I think I have some turn items somewhere too...
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Special Materials (and modifications like wand chambers

    Atemite (Atemu1234)

    Formed from the bones of a now dead tanar'ri lord, one of those early would be princes who vied with Demogorgon for power at the birth of their race and when killed its corpse ballooned and was turned into a massive mine used to build arms and armor for Demogorgon's forces until the true properties of Atemite were discovered, the corpse shattered by Demogorgon in a fit of rage and scattered across the planes.

    While Atemite weapons exist their only beneficial quality is that they function as if silver against creatures with the Lawful subtype. Atemite armor however provides the wearer with an extraordinary Protection from Law effect, or if it is heavy armor actively projects it further as a Magic Circle against Law, however it drives the wearer insane forcing them to make a Will save (DC 10 if a weapon, DC 15 if Light or Medium, and 20 if Heavy) each day or find themselves possessed of the mad belief that they are the chosen champion of an archfiend against all reason. Non-armor items made of Atemite has similar maddening effects but no beneficial uses. Only metal armor and weapons may be forged from Atemite.

    Atemite weapons cost the same as alchemical silver.
    Light and Medium Atemite armor costs and additional 5,000 GP.
    Heavy Atemite armor costs 20,000 GP.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •