Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

confused Trying to remember a rpg world.

I recently remembered reading an old roleplaying book about a world that was possibly part of gurps, although I could be wrong about that.

The defining part of this world was that nuclear power causes all kinds of freaky stuff and that the Trinity test (when the US detonated its first nuke) caused a major cataclysmic event that actually opened up a portal to another world. No one can get anywhere near this portal, due to all the reality warping that it causes. Every time someone attempted to detonate another nuke, it ended up opening up another portal, messing up the world even further. Most speculate that if another nuke were ever to go off, it would end the world.

I've been wanting to read up some more about that world but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Anyone out there, with better memory than mine?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trying to remember a rpg world.

Sounds weird and interesting.

I`m almost sure it ahs to have "Atomic" in its Nme somewhere.....^^

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

After a quick bit of Googling, I think I found it! Is it GURPS Technomancer? (It was only mentioned in an old rpg.net forum thread, so that might not be correct). It sounds pretty cool.
    Last edited by Sam113097; 2016-01-07 at 10:21 PM.
    Currently worldbuilding Last Haven: a setting formed on a titan's corpse! If you have a moment, I would love your feedback!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I know white wolf came out with a game with the same storyline when I was in highshcool senior year I think ( 2001)

where JR Oppenheimer saying the Indian saying 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds' and it causes everything to go to hell literally. with portals opening up and all kinds of everthing coming through.

I do not rmember much about the game cuz I was like 'this is really really rip off-ish of rifts for me.

but I do remember a religious order getting the best armor in the game an one fo the playable races was 4 arms yeti like things.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Sam113097 View Post
    After a quick bit of Googling, I think I found it! Is it GURPS Technomancer? (It was only mentioned in an old rpg.net forum thread, so that might not be correct). It sounds pretty cool.
    *Ding Ding Ding*

We have a winner. Thank you.

Edit: Out of curiosity. What keywords did you use? I was looking for nukes and portals with GURPS mixed in.
    Last edited by choken1; 2016-01-08 at 05:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by choken1 View Post
    *Ding Ding Ding*

We have a winner. Thank you.

Edit: Out of curiosity. What keywords did you use? I was looking for nukes and portals with GURPS mixed in.
    I think that it was "RPG setting trinity portals" or something like thas. I was trying to search things related to the Trinity test because that seemed pretty unique for an RPG setting
    Currently worldbuilding Last Haven: a setting formed on a titan's corpse! If you have a moment, I would love your feedback!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Played a number of sessions in Gurps Technomancer. It was a Vietnam era game, and we were Marine Corps Aviators... dragons, actually. Zippo Squadron, Semper Fire!
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Two Tales of Tellene, available from DriveThruFiction
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Avatar is from local user Mehangel
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.