New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Road to Redemption (IC)

Zugg lets out a frown and starts crossing his hands. The shenanigans he is seeing does not seem to be in the spirit of fair play.

And yet, the hulking Goliath says and does nothing.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"If you say so...let's get on with it then." Eirios waits until everyone starts walking toward the church, then falls in next to the halfling behind Zugg's broad back.

He bends down and whispers to Reese:

Spoiler: whisper
    Show
    "I'm going to follow your lead on the stealth point."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WMO? View Post
    He bends down and whispers to Reese:

Spoiler: whisper
    Show
    "I'm going to follow your lead on the stealth point."
    Reese let's out a, not surprising, child-like laugh, and happily leads the way flitting this way and that way, while playing on his pan flute setting the mood.

However, once the church comes into view, he puts his pan flute away and actually quite stealthily approaches the door. Slowly racing up for the handle he looks back at the group making sure they are with him before attempting to open it.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

As Reese approaches the church, he can hear two people muttering behind it. As he gets close he begin to make out words

Then I says to 'er, this is the best part 'enry, then I says to 'er

Oy, shut yer stupid pie hole!

But 'enry, I wus just gettin' to the good part. . .

Yeah, but I says shut it! Them outsiders James was talking about are here

Ohh, thats bad. Eagon gonna rip James apart. I told that little blighter not to go out but-

I SAID SHUT IT!
    As Reese gets pretty close to the door, one the voices cries out
    Hey! No outsiders in the church. We dont want nobody disrupting our holy ritual of . . . of . . . the Villager Godess! Please go bother someone else today

Nice job 'enry, just like we prac-Shut it.

Spoiler: Insight Check DC 8 and OOC
    Show
    The guard is lying about a ritual and the godess. Also, if anyone was trying to stealth, give me roles so I know how many people the "guards" see.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight check: (1d20+2)[19]

The massive Goliath plods into the church, every footfall shaking the ground and distracting the guards from whatever shenanigans the tiny little man is planning behind Zugg's back.

"Zugg know there no holy ritual. What you doing in there? You act strange, Zugg can tell."
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2016-01-12 at 09:22 AM.
    Now Playing

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

As the barbarian strides into the church, ignoring the outcry of the guards, he sees a decently sized crowd standing infront of a dias, seemingly waiting for someone. This view is immediately obscured by the pitch forks of the guard.
    Hey, I said go bother someone else. Scram. Villager buisness only. Don't make me and Henry here "convince" you.

The other guard smiles and leans in to say:He means kill you

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg nonchalantly brings out a gigantic pike, easily weighing eighteen pounds, from his back. Quietly tapping it on the ground as if it were a quarterstaff, the Goliath looks at the puny man with amusement.

"You threaten Zugg?"

Spoiler
    Show
    General ability check to determine ability scores and possible character level of Guards - stronger than Zugg, or weaker? I'm thinking this is intelligence or wisdom based: (1d20)[9] (Add 2 if wisdom-based)
    A Perception check to see what Zugg notices about the guards - weapons carried, possible class (Fighter maybe?): (1d20+4)[23]
    Now Playing

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

The guard blanches at your pitchfork and looks at you with fear. He then saysW-w-well, maybe we could talk with our superior about letting you into the religion. Why don't you go wait outside with your friends while we talk with our leader. We may have spoken hastily. Please? He gestures with his pitchfork to the outside.

Spoiler: Check Results
    Show
    They seem fairly weak and their equipment is just farming equipment repurposed for fighting. Zugg could easily take them. You think they have probably never had their authority challenged and thats whyb they reacted so angrily.
    Last edited by DarkPI; 2016-01-12 at 10:21 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Rue, Tiefling Monk
    Rue smiles at the big man's intimidation without actually having to say much of anything. Rue steps up behind the big man, hood of his cloak pulled over his head, and talk from behind Zugg, "Gentlemen, we are not here to fight, or even make a scene. We are here to try and help the feud that is going on here. We understand that the nobles are not treating you right. We want to talk with both you, and them, and try to make things right for all of you. Please, let us inside so we can all discuss it like peaceful, civilized people."

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion (1d20+5)[14]
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Both the guards nod and then say You seem like good people. I apologize for my rash behavior, but I still must talk with Eagon. This go much smoother if you wait outside. We will get you in a couple minutes. Please? He gestures again to the door.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Rue, Tiefling Monk
    Rue nods back, "As you say." He then puts a hands on Zugg, "Come on, big man, no fighting yet. Lets stand out here for a moment so we can get off on the right foot." Rue then walks away from the doors and waits for the summon back inside.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

After a couple minutes outside, the guard creaks open the door a bit and says: Eagon has said that he would like to meet with you later today at his house. You have also been invited to the sunset meeting which will be here. He will consider your mediatin' at his house and discuss it at the meetin' with the whole town. He says that if ya' enter the church agaon without permisission, the whole deals off and he'll make sure noone talks to you about nothin'. See you at sunset. And with that he sshuts the door, leaving you in the cold rain of Stone Helm for a couple hours of free time.
    Last edited by DarkPI; 2016-01-12 at 11:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg allows the puny Tiefling to take charge of the situation, and can't help but snicker at his complete failure to make any headway. Perhaps the tiny little man has been more successful at infiltration...

Left with little else to do but wait, the Goliath amuses himself by carving crude drawings into the ground with his pike...
    Now Playing

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Danan, hearing what Eirios said to Reese, follows the little halfing. Maybe her teleporter abilities would be of help.

"It would be more easy if I would payed attention to the elder", she sighed, "in cat form I would have infiltrated that church easily".
    Last edited by Alegast; 2016-01-12 at 03:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

As the sneaky group goes around the church, they find that the only other way in is a locked cellar door in the back.

16. - Top - End - #46

Jalana suppressed her irritation at Reese's playing. Time and a bloody place! They headed for the church Rue had noted. The place was... well, 'guarded' might have been a little generous but there were two men keeping watch. As they took in the group, they became abrasive and belligerent. She feared a confrontation was imminent when Zugg began posturing but, to his credit, he cowed them.

Rue was quick to step in and defuse the tension. 'Least there's someone with a clear head. Wouldn't fancy my chances bein' nice to such idiots... When the men departed, she approached the tiefling and gave him what she hoped was an appreciative nod. Unsure whether to say again, she let the moment pass.

On hearing the ultimatum from the watchers on their return, Jalana grimaced. Not likin' the sound o' this one bit. Some kinda cult? She looked at the others to gauge their reactions, only to note several members of their group were missing. "Where in the bleedin' hells have the others got to?!" She hissed at Rue.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Eirios thinks to himself, No harm in finding another way in, as long as we're quiet about it.

He slips off quietly to check around the sides and back of the building, finding no other entrances but a cellar. Looking around to make sure he isn't being watched, he checks the door, but finds it locked. It seems like a simple enough one, like plenty he picked back in Rashavaca...

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Stealth around the building: (1d20+5)[6]
    Perception for onlookers: (1d20+5)[14]
    Thieves' Tools for trying the lock: (1d20+5)[25]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Eirios trips and falls in the mud while trying to be stealthy, but then immediatly recovers with an incredibly fast lock pick, so fast that the others don't have time to realize it was ever locked in te first place. He finds him self looking down a dark and dusty stone stair way into the church, seeming forgotten and unguarded. As he looks up to make sure no one is looking, he notes that their are no backwards facing windows and feels quite comfortable that no one has seen them.
    Last edited by DarkPI; 2016-01-12 at 07:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Danan quietly follows Eiros, recalling her days as a scout in her tribe. If Eiros and Reese weren't able to enter but they could find her a way, she will infiltrate the church via teleport and open a way for them.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+3)[14]
    Perception: (1d20+5)[15]
    Last edited by Alegast; 2016-01-12 at 07:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

As Danan begins to move into the cellar, she notices an eerie cold seeps into her bones and a faint groan echoes up the stairs, raising the hairs on the back of her neck.

Edit instead of new post: The cellar itself is a fairly small room, with casks and barrels lining the walls. A pallet of sacks dominates the center, and a passage in the back leads further into the church. Another groan, this time slightly louder, echoes from further down the passage.
    Last edited by DarkPI; 2016-01-12 at 08:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Danan immediately stops and rethink her movements. "For now, the better option is to wait for the others." While there, she tries to focus her senses to get an idea of what could be that wrongness she felt.

Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    Perception check: (1d20+5)[21]
    Danan will wait until Reese or Eiros are near her, to warm them about what lies beyond

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Danan gathers that something has been misplaced in the natural order near here and that the casks are full of really old beer, the barrels are full of apples and the sacks are full of nails and grain. She also notices a slight smell of smoke, as if someone had recently lit a fire or torch down here. Finally, she notices a slight bend in the pallet, as if the floor was not solid beneath it.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Rue, Tiefling Monk
    Rue nods back to Jalana, thankful there is at least one more person here who seems to have sense. "The monk taught me a great deal about patience, in the monastery, Jalana. Looking as I do, having patience really is a virtue." She then realizes that some of the others have wandered off, and then Jalana says something. Rue roll his eyes, If I make a promise, I keep it., he thinks to himself. He goes around back of the church, because that's where he'd be. As soon as he sees the others poking around, "HEY! Stop that. I gave them my word we wouldn't enter yet. So get out of there! We can sneak in there later!" He taps his foot and waits for them to get out of there.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

24. - Top - End - #54

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Reese grumbles to himself.

Spoiler: Halfling
    Show
    No fun..

Rue. I respect you. I don't understand why, but I do. I might be able to learn something from you. I guess we wait..

If we are going to be working together, perhaps we should get to know each other better. Anyone hungry?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Eirios looked around again nervously. He knew that standing around in the entrance of the building you just broke into was not trespassing best practices. He quietly called down into the cellar, "Danan! I don't like the sound of whatever's down there, and we know now that we can easily get back in this way. Why don't we get out of here, lock it back up and go with the others?"

Spoiler: Perception
    Show

Making sure no one is around, inspecting ziggurat and other odd surroundings curiously from distance: (1d20+5)[8]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The floor is stranger there", she pointed to the pallet. "We must investigate, but you speak truth, we need the others here".

Danan, as always, couldn't make up her mind.

My current games:
    As GM:
    Threats to the Nentir Vale (5e) IC|OOC

As player:
    See extended signature.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Eirios thinks that the Ziggurat is made of interesting stone and that some of the fungi in the hole might be able to harvested for food/supplies.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"It will still be strange when we get back, and we will come back to investigate it. But I really think we need to get moving!"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

"If you say so..." seeing the insistence, Danan followed Eiros.

My current games:
    As GM:
    Threats to the Nentir Vale (5e) IC|OOC

As player:
    See extended signature.

30. - Top - End - #60

As Rue left to look for the others, Jalana felt the temptation to join him. No. Best if we're not all caught doin'... whatever.

Alone with the goliath, she looked up at him. "Never goes smooth, does it?"