Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Star Wars Saga Edition] Warriors of Mandalore Redux Out of Character Thread

Here's our out of character thread with our cast listing as I have it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazo View Post
    Okay folks, I think we're ready to finalize the 13 characters in the group.

We have:

1. DoctorFaust as Roshti Taasys, the Togruta gunslinger.
    2. LazyNinja as Cadan Zhug, the Duros pilot (sheet revision in progress).
    3. Oneris as a Force-sensitive sniper (sheet in progress).
    4. Whoiam as Eponah, the Cathar Jedi ambassador.
    5. AvatarVecna as Sin Shai "Rush" Kaa, the Nagai proto-Jenseraai.
    6. Protheuz as Amelia Poldark, the near-Human Force-sensitive commando.
    7. BananaPhone as Xenna the Prophet, a Force witch toeing the line between light and dark.
    8. Tvrod as Borgruk, the Gamorrean pugilist.

We've got a pretty combat-focused group, which is to be expected with a bunch of Mandos. Therefore, the NPC cast is mostly filling in other roles.

1. Kote the Glorious, newly minted captain of the team and a skilled Taung military officer.
    2. Qual Shasa, traitor to the neutral Selkath, seeker of glory in the truth of the Mandalorian way of life, and profoundly skilled medic.
    3. V4-L0R "Valor", an independent droid saboteur, capable of filling in a number of supporting roles.
    4. Kadlo, an Arkanian Offshoot literally bred for supremacy with technology. His expertise does not disappoint his creators, but his choice of lifestyle might. He does not care.
    5. Jordana Kyne, a prodigously skilled computer expert and mechanic. Physically frail, she relies on her allies to keep her safe while she demonstrates her technological expertise.
    And here's our game thread!
    Last edited by Amazo; 2016-01-11 at 09:21 AM.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Star Wars Saga Edition] Warriors of Mandalore Redux Out of Character Thread

Just a quick update that might be worth mentioning: Korrnith has become Sin Shai "Rush" Kaa, who is a Nagai at this point. Both of these change an aspect of the quoted post, and both are worth keeping in mind for future IC posts.

Other than that, just posting to subscribe.

Currently Recruiting: rogue_alchemist's The Thing.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Star Wars Saga Edition] Warriors of Mandalore Redux Out of Character Thread

Woo! Shiny new OOC thread!
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Can Borgruk take a seat in Cadan's speeder to get to the scene faster?

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Tvrod View Post
    Can Borgruk take a seat in Cadan's speeder to get to the scene faster?
    For the sake of dramatic timing, he will arrive no later than Kote and Eponah do, so feel free to post.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

So, as I understand it...

Currently, Xenna's in a corridor just outside the docking bay (having phased through one wall to hunt down a technician she could mind trick).
    With her is 'Gary', Rush (who arrived quickly enough to follow her as she phased out of the docking bay), Amelia (who tracked Xenna and Rush through the force).

Then Cadan and the droid gunslinger whose name temporarily escapes me are in the hangar bay, having followed the alert (since no-one's called an updated location for Xenna yet)

And Bogruk, Kote and Eponah are in a corridor at the far side of the hangar bay, about to enter.

Have I gotten everyone's current positions right?

Edit: Added Bogruk. Thanks, Tvrod!
    Last edited by whoiam; 2016-01-13 at 10:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Borgruk, who's with Kote and Eponah.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Presuming that we don't want Eponah and Xenna to end this scene by trying to kill each other, or run each other off the flotilla....

Eponah's not exactly the most rabid of Jedi. She's seen far better Jedi than herself fall, and she's seen people who fell much further than she did redeemed. She's also keenly aware that the order's only got a handful of trained members (to the extent it's probably got both Bastilla Shan and Visas Marr, both former Sith even if only briefly, serving on its council) and really, really needs recruits and converts (Xenna and/or the other force sensitives in the party would all be great assets if they could be brought over to a Jedi-ish way of thinking...). So she'll probably be reasonable, given anything to be reasonable about.

Problem I've got is that I don't think you've posted the final version of any of Xenna's fluff, so I'm not sure what Eponah has to work with in terms of building some kind of workable relationship here...

So, uh.... any suggestions on what I can work on?

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Presuming that we don't want Eponah and Xenna to end this scene by trying to kill each other, or run each other off the flotilla....

Eponah's not exactly the most rabid of Jedi. She's seen far better Jedi than herself fall, and she's seen people who fell much further than she did redeemed. She's also keenly aware that the order's only got a handful of trained members (to the extent it's probably got both Bastilla Shan and Visas Marr, both former Sith even if only briefly, serving on its council) and really, really needs recruits and converts (Xenna and/or the other force sensitives in the party would all be great assets if they could be brought over to a Jedi-ish way of thinking...). So she'll probably be reasonable, given anything to be reasonable about.

Problem I've got is that I don't think you've posted the final version of any of Xenna's fluff, so I'm not sure what Eponah has to work with in terms of building some kind of workable relationship here...

So, uh.... any suggestions on what I can work on?
    I think this is her final character history. If so, she's about as presently steeped in the dark side as Bastilla is.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

...I am, apparently, blind. Thanks Amazo

Edit: And yup, agreed, there's plenty I can work with there.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2016-01-14 at 12:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Good day all,

I will be joining in this game. I was in the original incarnation of this campaign. My characters name is Deran JaCobus. A duros Tech spec.
    Here is his sheet Deran JaCobus Backstory included.
    I have both the tech spec and Seperior Tech Feat (in weapon armour and vehicles) So I can mod most anything. If you have an idea just message me and I will work something out.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

*waves*

Welcome back, oh glorious technician of a thousand cheap equipment mods!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

As long as we're doing introductions, I figure our most recent guest should get involved with telling us all about herself.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

I'm giving the captain time to respond; if he doesn't respond within 24 IRL hours, off with her head.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

And now I know how to get the DMs moving: threaten to start PvPing. Fantastic!

Nah, I won't be doing that again unless I've got a good in-character reason to do so. Quick, BananaPhone, have Xenna open her mouth again!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Soooooooo...

As a sort of co DM, I'm just curious...

Where be da players?

Why they no post?

... TELL MEEE.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2016-01-23 at 11:18 PM.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

...Well, the scene we're in is kinda Xenna-limited - it's not like any of the rest of us could answer for her, after all...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, so you say it's BananaPhone that needs nagging?

Extended Sig.

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Well, I can't speak for the others, but Eponah's basically stuck as a (mouthy) extra until we get to a point where a) the crew is released to resume the festivities and I get to find her something 'social' to do or b) we start the plot proper and she gets some actual work to do.

So... yeah, we need to finish the urgent chat between Kote and Xenna before I've got anything much to do.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2016-01-23 at 11:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Is it safe to say that everyone is on board with, uh, getting on board?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm good.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Eponah'll be far more happy fighting with (or possibly alongside) the Mandalorians than she will having to sit around chatting to them...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Lay on, Macduff.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

Damnit, no one told me about this .
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

"Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been"."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Banana, I'm fine with you getting to know Roshti's backstory if the DM is, but frankly I don't see much of a point to it.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

26. - Top - End - #26

Ahh. She was going to make comments on it, alluding to stuff that only he'd know (teenage memories, for example). Bit of a small demonstration that her talk isn't all piss and wind Force mumbojumbo, if that makes sense.
    My Homebrew:

"Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been"."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Ahh. She was going to make comments on it, alluding to stuff that only he'd know (teenage memories, for example). Bit of a small demonstration that her talk isn't all piss and wind Force mumbojumbo, if that makes sense.
    I guess I was too late replying, then. And no offense to you, but Roshti is probably going to always act like Xenna's talk is piss and wind Force mumbojumbo, even if he knows its true. He just doesn't respect people like Xenna.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

28. - Top - End - #28

It's fine. She doesn't respect...well, anyone really lol. She was originally going to barely say a thing and be more cryptic when she did, but this improvised introduction has changed things a lot. Now she's more of a blend of Palpatine and Apocalypse from the X-men, so who knows where it'll go .
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2016-01-31 at 06:42 AM.
    My Homebrew:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I hope no one is offended that I took the role of chief engineer. I figured that my skill set shows that. Also i have skills for a back up medic if need be. I can defiantly aid on some rolls.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

I know I have not been what you call very active, and I'm very sorry about that. My RL took a turn and I had to adapt to the new changes. I will attempt a post soon.

Extended Sig.

Show