Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Royal Guard IC

    The Guard and Ilia disembarked the ship to the black sand shore, Ilia smiled and turned to the Guard, "So what do you all wish to do first? I know its been a long few months on the ship, so if everyone wants to just relax on solid ground for a while I don't mind." Glancing around and at the rocky cliff sides, many of which were dotted with dark holes which she pointed at, "Or we could explore those caves, what do you think?"

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    A slender though muscular half-elven man clad in plain black oilskin cloak, loose fitting black linen pants, and a black and white striped fur vest, rises unsteadily from his seat on the skiff. As he lumbers over the gunwale onto the black sand his feet sink into the sand.

    My liege, I understand your desire to explore, however, I think it prudent to set a base camp to afford us at least some semblance of security. And, I for one could go for a meal of something other than dried meat and fish. I presume that there is some game or at the least some fresh fruit and vegetation about.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    A tall woman, with pale skin, black hair, and pointed ears steps off the side of the ship, her wings beating lazily as she floats down to the ground below. She wears colourful robes, with various messages in celestial woven into them. Her sword, carved from the fang of a dragon, she carries in an enchanted cloak.

    "As much as it pains me to admit it, my liege, Rumchata is right. We should set up some kind of base camp first." Aigiarn said, as her feet touched the ground.
    Last edited by tekomandor; 2016-01-14 at 10:49 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Aigiarn, I would imagine tat after all our time together you would be far more used to admitting that I a right, given the frequency with which it happens.
    Clearly, any somewhat long term base camp needs to be out of the tidal zone. For security reasons we should find a location that makes it exceedingly difficult to approach from more than one side, but one from which we can flee in any direction.

    On a separate note, while your natural form may inspire the mortals awe, love, and peace, mine inspires fear and loathing. As such I take on these disguises in this form I would very much prefer you to refer to me as Roland.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    "Roland is correct." Stern leaps from the side of the skiff into the water and begins wading his way to shore, his cloak swirling around his legs as he goes. "The caves would perhaps be an option, as would the cliff, but those would require a thorough search before we could consider them safe to inhabit. For now, the lee of these cliffs should suffice for a base camp."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    From the inside of the hull comes an imposingly tall figure. Decked in silver, flowing robes emblazoned with a stylized eye on a pedestal, the man stretches out with a satisfied yawn. Such a lovely nap, he says, though the seas had not been entirely steady during the trip. A bangle glints on his wrist as he strides to the side of the boat. With a simple step, he allows himself to fall into the shallows.

    He is quiet as the others speak. I concur, milady, he says, deep voice carrying far despite his mild tone. Our first priority is to create a base of operations, however temporary. No matter how much I'd like to explore, he finishes with a wistful gaze at the unexplored expanse beyond.

    He makes his way to the shore proper and helps the others to set up a base camp, first scouting for a sufficiently defensible position.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Geography) to pick the best spot to make camp: (1d20+14)[17]
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahus View Post
    Aigiarn, I would imagine tat after all our time together you would be far more used to admitting that I a right, given the frequency with which it happens.
    Clearly, any somewhat long term base camp needs to be out of the tidal zone. For security reasons we should find a location that makes it exceedingly difficult to approach from more than one side, but one from which we can flee in any direction.

    On a separate note, while your natural form may inspire the mortals awe, love, and peace, mine inspires fear and loathing. As such I take on these disguises in this form I would very much prefer you to refer to me as Roland.
    "My apologies, Roland. I had grown lax in the course of our long journey, and shall endeavour not to make such a mistake again."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Ilia let out a small sigh, "My friends you are right as always, I think that the soldiers aboard the ship and the enchantments upon it, will prevent anything drastic from happening to it for a while. I spied a Keep about a league north, as we approached the shore, It didn't appear occupied, it looks like it might be a good base. Lets check it out!" With that she lifted off the ground and hovered a few feet above the ground as she glided swiftly (40') Northward.
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-01-18 at 12:28 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Places, Who wants to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Elly floating directly above Ilia says, "Yes boss! I agree with the others unnecessary adventuring should be avoided."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    If it is vacant, one must wonder what happened to the previous inhabitants. That said they likely built their keep in a well defensible locale, so it seems our best option.
    With that Roland sets off on foot behind Ilia and Elly shaking his head in disgust at the show as Ilia slipped her earthly bonds, wondering to himself why she must be so showy.
    Last edited by Ahus; 2016-01-18 at 07:38 AM.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Ilia, after catching sight of Roland's disapproval, sank quickly back to the ground, and retracted her wings back under her purple cloak. "Sorry Roland, I keep forgetting we aren't at home any more". With a small guilty look she continued ahead on foot, humming a old ballad to herself. After an hour they found themselves at the base of the cliffs where the old keep rested 800' above. The cliffs had a series of steps just wide enough for a horse carved into them, zigzagging back and forth, that led from the beach to the road outside of the castle. Glancing around at her guard, then back to the steps, she declared, "I'm not walking up those! I'm either flying or summoning a horse, you choose."
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-01-18 at 06:41 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    My lady, fly if you must it is not my place to demand otherwise. However, as your advisor and sworn protector I am simply advising discretion on all our parts. You lot may call me paranoid but we know not if anyone be observing. Nor if we did could any of us speak to their intent or their cultural views of your heritage. Whilst I am more than capable of sprouting wings and flitting around, or simply disaperating to the top of this cliff, I will be walking.

    With that Roland motions to some of the burlier members of the group to lead the way up the staircase.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Stern sighs and draws his longsword, and takes his place at the front of the procession. "Lady, I would ask that you stay on foot. By the will of Melil, you may have inherited Your Grace's wings, but it is much harder to protect you if you insist on flitting about everywhere like a drunken hummingbird. And, as Roland says, we do not know who or what may be observing."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Ilia's look of slight exasperation at Roland's words quickly vanished as she whirled towards Stern, "Drunken Hummingbird!" You! You! Oh you're impossible! Fine lets go." She turned and began to dart up the stairs. Five minutes later Ilia crested the ridge, a dozen yards from the portcullis wall, the heavy iron gate was raised, the crank wheel held back by a partially rusted chain. The stone walls were covered with a layer of moss, the castle appears to have been well maintained throughout the centuries but seems to have recently fallen into disrepair.

    Despite the moss on the walls, the mud leading through the gate has 'fresh' tracks, as Ilia approached the gate she peered inquisitively at the dark hallway of the keep, suddenly raised her hand to her face and turned away in disgust. "Oh gross, what is that?!" As the guard draws level with Ilia, a putrid smell emanates from the black corridor.

    Spoiler: Available Skill Checks
    Show
    Survival
    Knowledge Nature
    Knowledge Religion
    Knowledge Architecture and Engineering
    Spot
    Listen

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Vivex allows the others to speak with his liege, instead turning his gaze to the steps ahead of them. Strange places tend to have similar inhabitants, and they cannot be too careful.

    When the putrid corridor comes into view, Vivex immediately takes a step forward toward Ilia. He raises his quarterstaff in a defensive position and eyes the dark corridor warily. Perhaps there are squatters needing eviction? he asks no one in particular.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+14)[21]
    Knowledge (Religion): (1d20+19)[24]
    Spot: (1d20+7)[18]
    Listen: (1d20+7)[11]
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Stern reaches out with his left arm and pushes Illa back, softly muttering, "Apologies, Lady," as he steps carefully around the corner into the putrescent corridor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Religion):(1d20+6)[14]
    Spot:(1d20+10)[20]
    Listen:(1d20+11)[15]
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Stern's quick eyes notice that in addition to the tracks, there are blades of grass that have been recently bent, something has been through the gate in the last hour. As time inches forward his ears also detect several clacking sounds that are coming from the the entrance hallway, these sounds are slowly growing louder, and as they do the putrid stench strengthens.

    Spoiler: Open only if you're ready for combat
    Show
    (Provided the party doesn't take any actions) After a minute or so a Skeletal Brown bear, 2 zombie black bears and 2 owl bear skeletons appear from within the keep and spread out to guard the front hallway, they make no action to attack the group, but seem to be waiting.

    Roll Initiative along with a post stating where you want to be regarding Ilia who is 40' from the undead.

    (Map to follow soon)
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-01-20 at 03:10 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Roland moves as quietly as is possible into the putrid hallway standing immediately next to Ilia, providing it is wide enough to allow the others to move through. Roland scans the area looking for intelligent thought.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Silently : +14
    Detect thoughts : 60'
    Initiative : (1d20+4)[8]

    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Stern warily draws his longsword after pushing Illa back another few steps, and begin softly chanting in Celestial, the words almost indecipherable, but inspiring.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standing 10' in front of Illa.
    Initiative:(1d20+4)[9]
    Reroll from Ring of Anticipation:(1d20+4)[23]
    Activating Inspire Courage.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Places, Who wants to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Out of nervousness Elly draws her bow keeping it at the ready...Not quite familiar with this scent and tension from the group, she flies up into the air right above Ilia. "Gah, the smell is absolutely terrible. It smells like...I don't even know what it smells like but it is definitely horrible."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Friends, the spells used to create there foul creatures come with a not insignificant expense. This collection likely cost the caster about the equivalent of a year's salary for any but the most skillful tradesman. I can't see them leaving such a resource behind. Also, even with my skill I don't know that I could bend this collection to my will were I the caster. I suppose that I am saying that there is very likely a very capable spellcaster in the immediate area in addition the the obvious issue before us...
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    "SSSSo closssse" with a deep hiss a large black shadow formed at the back of the cave, the undead moved aside as it advanced. As it entered the few streams of sunlight in the hall it became clearly visible, a black scaled human like torso ending with a triangular serpent head, the torso was bare save the strap of leather holding a black bag to its back, below the waist was a 10' long scaled muscled tail, the shape of it visible as light gleamed off the scales. The creature held rapier in each hand, the blades were covered in dried blood. Pointing one at Roland he is voiced issued again. "Thissss one issss clever, but not assss clever assss I am, thesssse" gesturing at the undead "cosssst me nothing, I took the materialssss form the corpsssse of their previousssss owner. Assss for a ressssource I wouldn't leave behind.... thesssse are the leftover sssscrapssss I had laying around. I needed ssssomething to greet you with, assss I've ssssent most of my sssserventssss to raid your sssship."

    Upon finishing he stabs his sword forward and the undead charge.


    Spoiler: Map and Legend
    Show

    Legend
    X1 is brown bear skeleton
    X2 and X3 is black bear skeleton
    X4 and X5 is owl bear skeleton
    Y is the yuanti
    the guard is the first letter of your name
    I is Ilia
    Note: E is 30' above the ground
    The guard has the initiative

    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P
    1
    2 X1 X1
    3 X1 X1
    4 X4 X4 Y Y X5 X5
    5 X4 X4 Y Y X5 X5
    6 X2 X3
    7
    8
    9
    10
    11
    12 S
    13 E I R
    14 V
    15
    16
    17
    18
    19
    20
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-01-22 at 04:49 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    With a trumpeting cry of "Lava quod est sordium! In nomine Dei, sana quod est saucium!" Stern sets his shield in front of him and bullrushes the Yuan-ti, slashing hard at its flank as soon as he is within striking distance. "You shall not lay a hand on our companions as long as I draw breath! Deus Domine, Lava quod est sordium!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action to activate Thicket of Blades.
    Move action to move to H6 (35')
    Standard Action to use Vanguard Strike.
    Attack:(1d20+18)[21]
    Damage:(1d8+9)[11]+Possible Holy Damage (2d6)[9]

    Also continuing to use Bardic Music, because I'm pretty sure it doesn't take an action to continue.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    When he realizes the truth behind the stench, Vivex speaks a word of command. His bangle glows briefly before his body is encased in silvery armor from head to toe. His canines elongate as his muscles bulge, hair growing as he evokes his bestial heritage. Before the enemies arrive, he casts a spell that brings a silver-golden light to his allies.

    When the yuan-ti appears, he snarls unseen behind his visor. Your defilement of this area will cease, today, he says, voice carrying. He reaches for his chest, where his polished wooden holy symbol rests. Holding it aloft, he intones, Unholy abominations, feel the light of Boccob!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Retroactive actions: call armor and shift into hybrid form. Casting Mass Shield of Faith for a +3 deflection bonus for everyone, 9 minutes long.

    First action: turn undead. Turning check: (1d20+4)[13]
    Turning damage: (2d6+9)[17]
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    When she hears of this places' denizens, Aigiarn draws forth her great blade from within her cloak with blinding speed, a voice like a belessed chorus summoning armour forged from sparkling sunlight. She stands in front of her liege, and there is a rippling in the air as a nimbus of light forms atop her head.

    She stands absolutely still as the snakeman reveals himself. Now, she must fight. Now, she must kill that which has already died. She summons a shield of force in an instant, completing her protections.

    "Urease nihil, soridium imuentum!" She shouts, her voice carrying across all barriers of language, charging forward and swinging her sword in a deadly arc at the Yuan-ti. Lightning crackles along it's edge, baying for reptilian blood.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Retroactive actions: Summon luminous armour (AC is now 30, enemies are at -4 to hit in melee), engage protective aura (Functions as a Circle Against Evil and a Minor Globe of Invulnerability with a 20ft radius. Draws sword.
    Swift: Cast shield on herself. (AC is now 39).
    Move: Move right up to the Yuan-ti
    Standard: Channel Shocking Grasp through a melee attack.
    (1d20+18)[30]
    If it hits, activate stored shocking grasp for:
    [roll]12d6+17[/roll]
    Last edited by tekomandor; 2016-01-23 at 10:17 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Seeing the Yuan Ti, Rumchata/Roland was visibly surprised, as he had fully expected to see a human be romanced behind the proverbial curtain. However, his surprise quickly turned turned to anger as the creature orders the undead to attack and his companions charge. Reacting somewhat slowly as the battle is joined, Rumchata soon realized that this is a time for action vice contemplation or reason. Its times like this that make me understand the ubiquity of the Fireball spell, though I do lothe the lack of precision.

    Roland begins chanting. His right hand swirling gathering mystical energies and his left still. As he reaches out with his left the energies crackle and split between his two hands then disparate as he thrusts both hands toward his target. An instant later a pair of large brown bears appear flanking the skeletal brown bear.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Cast Summon Monster V applying Twin Spell via Augmented Casting summoning two Celestial Brown Bears at E/F and I/J 1\2 respectively.
    Last edited by Ahus; 2016-01-24 at 07:58 PM.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    Spoiler: Edit:Comments
    Show
    Okay, so I made the changes indicated from the OOC, if I missed anything let me know, other wise it is your turn(s). Also the roll count doesn't match records because I deleted the skeletal bear.


    Hissing with surprise at Stern and Aigiran's sudden charge the Yuan-ti nevertheless managed a stab each of at them , twisting it's body away from the incoming blows in the process, despite this it was the creatures thick hide that saved it, not its agility. Despite taking Stern's blow with no harm, the abomination wasn't so lucky when Aigiran's blade came slicing through the air, as the blade made contact lightning arc between steel and sinew. The creature's air of confidence had left it during their charge, as Vivex had caused all, both zombies to explode in a flash, while the skeletons had turned and fled just after Stern's attack, their absence clearing the path for Aigiran. Additionally, it looked highly agitated at the appearance of Roland's bears. Averting its eyes from Airgiran, it let out a few words of magic and a shield of force, nearly the size of Aigiran's appeared before it, it focused its attentions on Stern stabbing viciously at him, with each hand.
    Results
    Spoiler: Player actions
    Show
    Stern: Attack touches, but doesn't inflict damage
    Aigiran: Attack hits, and deals indicated CORRECTED damage
    Vivex: Black bear zombies explode in flash of light (narrative effect), Owlbears and Brown Bear skeletons flee in terror, (Stern gets an AoO if desired)
    Roland: Two celestial bears are summoned to help flank.


    Actions
    Spoiler: Stern
    Show
    Yuan-ti AoO Primary Hand: (1d20+22)[35]
    Damage if applicable: (1d8+20)[27]
    Crit Check if applicable:(1d20+22)[40]

    Full Round Attack
    Target(s): Stern
    Primary(1): (1d20+18)[38]
    Secondary(1):(1d20+18)[35]
    Primary(2): (1d20+13)[32]
    Secondary(2):(1d20+13)[15]


    Damage if applicable: (1d8+20)[26]
    Damage if applicable: (1d8+17)[25]
    Damage if applicable: (1d8+20)[28]
    Damage if applicable: (1d8+17)[23]


    Crit Check if applicable:(1d20+18)[29]
    Crit Check if applicable:(1d20+18)[34]
    Crit Check if applicable:(1d20+13)[18]
    Crit Check if applicable:(1d20+13)[26]


    Spoiler: Aigiran
    Show
    Yuan-ti AoO Primary Hand: (1d20+22)[26]
    Damage if applicable: (1d8+20)[23]
    Crit Check if applicable:(1d20+22)[28]



    Spoiler: Map and Legend
    Show

    Legend

    B1 is Celestial Bear 1
    B2 is Celestial Bear 2
    Y is the yuanti
    the guard is the first letter of your name
    I is Ilia
    Note: E is 30' above the ground
    The guard has the initiative

    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P
    1
    2 B1 B1 B2 B2
    3 B1 B1 B2 B2
    4 Y Y
    5 Y Y
    6 A S
    7
    8
    9
    10
    11
    12
    13 E I R
    14 V
    15
    16
    17
    18
    19
    20

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-01-26 at 03:46 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    As the owlbears turn tail and run, Stern turns to strike out at them, his sword hopefully fully finding its mark this time. Unfortunately, for his troubles, the Yuan-ti's blades find a crack in his armor, leaving a nasty gash down Stern' side. Undeterred, he simply grits his teeth and begins singing all the more loudly, starting into a proper battle hymn. And then, with rage in his eyes, he hefts his sword, and swings it down in a crushing blow at the Yuan-ti.

    "Viderunt oculi mei,
    victoris gloriam, domine!
    Vicit Vespillo's verrat,
    scio percutit cordam!"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Leading the Attack (all allies gain a +4 morale bonus to attacks vs. Yuan-ti if my attack lands.)
    Attack (+1 from Inspire Courage, +1 from Furious Counterstrike, -3 from Power Attack):(1d20+17)[36]
    Damage (+1 from Inspire Courage, +1 from Furious Counterstrike, +3 from Power Attack):(1d8+14)[19]

    Continuing use of Inspire Courage.

    Roll for new maneuver:(1d3)[3]
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    The yuan-ti hissed in pain as Stern's sword sliced into it, it's blood bright upon the blade. "You sssshall ssssuffer for thissss".
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-01-28 at 03:54 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Royal Guard IC

    The Yuan-ti's strike glances off Aigiarn's shield, multicoloured sparks flying off the shield of force. She grins as her defences hold, and imbues her weapon with a fiery countenance. Orange light glows from it angrily, and she strikes with blinding speed at the Yuan-ti whilst yelling a fearsome warcry!

    "Die, beast!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    • Attacking the Yuan-ti & channeling Combust. +4 from Leading the Attack, +2 flanking. (1d20+23)[42]
    • Damage from Aigiarn's sword: (2d6+17)[26]
    • Damage from Combust: (7d8)[25]
    • Yuan-ti gets a reflex save to avoid being lit on fire and taking 1d6 damage/round, DC 21


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •