New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Gestalted Gladiators IC

The merchant's delight at Issac's purchase is evident as he processes the exchange, giving him a receipt and telling him that he'll send the banker a note for the balance. As Issac returns to the staging area, he walks past the massive black figure who is retrieving his gear from the quarter, he puts on a belt made of heavy woven leather, 2 metal bands on his wrists, a vest decorated with a painted spider, and necklace that upon touching his scales seems to stiffen them. He then steps back and mutters a series of words in a prayer like fashion. Upon completion he stands and extends his arms outwards as armor begins to appear from thin armor and encases him. He lowers his arms and turns his now armored and spike covered body towards Issac and says "Hello Meat, I look forward to killing you." His voice is graveled and has an almost a slight rumble to it. Turning he walks towards the lifts, with the guardsmen around him cowering as they walk.

Urist happily signs Issac up for the gold games, and tells him and the others who have already gathered to go to the quarter-master and collect their gear, then calls out "Any other contestents?" Walking along with Issac are the the green cloaked figure, an grizzled middle aged man with a slight limp, and the woman covered in furs.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Stone Shines Brightly
    The goliath, having recently procured additional healing, stands patiently at the back of the group gathered for the Gold Games.

Spoiler
    Show

65gp expended to heal 13hp. Healing belt expended for the day.
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverphantasm View Post
    "Hello Meat, I look forward to killing you."
    Isaac gives the half-dragon a mild smile as he retrieves his equipment, putting on a primitive-looking necklace of teeth and putting a dozen little knicknacks into his pockets.

"Thank you! It is going to be an interesting fight when it happens, isn't it? Warriors with claws and fangs fight in a very unique way."

Isaac disengages after this brief interaction, seemingly oblivious to the looming figure's reaction- but in fact, he's paying close attention. Information about the half-dragon's temperament will be valuable if he has to face him in battle, and there's always the possibility that he'll take a sudden swipe at Isaac. (And if he does prove to be so vicious and impatient, then it's best to get him disqualified for violence outside the arena than to face him on the field of battle.)

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Making a Diplomacy check to defuse his foul mood with unexpected, fearless politeness (1d20+3)[15], a Bluff check to conceal his intention to gather information on his temperament and possibly get him disqualified (1d20+1)[16], and a Sense Motive check to glean anything useful from his reaction (1d20+8)[19]. Isaac's Dodge target is the half-dragon, he's taking total defense against him, and he'll Zephyr Dance any attack- so his effective AC against a sucker punch is 27.

Walking along with Issac are the the green cloaked figure, an grizzled middle aged man with a slight limp, and the woman covered in furs.
    Isaac gives a nod to Stone Shines Brightly, rules out the man in green on the captain's recommendation, and gravitates towards the grizzed veteran.

"Have you all decided whether you're going to fight in a group, or do we start figuring that out now?"

4. - Top - End - #64

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
    "Thank you! It is going to be an interesting fight when it happens, isn't it? Warriors with claws and fangs fight in a very unique way."
    The threatening look of the dragon changed to one akin of surprise, amusement and satisfaction. "Well now, looks like I might actually get some exercise today. Tell you what "Meat" if you make it interesting, I'll let you live." Turning back he surveyed the others, his look changed to a mirid of faces, some of irritation, others of acceptance and a few perks of interest. He seemed most interested in the green cloaked figure, Stones and Issac, his expression becoming one of study and less that of mocking while observing them. Of the 4 fighters, only Issac and Stones had chosen to participate, along with them, had come those previous mentioned and a dozen non-descript orcs, who looked like they'd been part of a raiding group. After gathering gear all participants descended with the cage, down towards the arena staging area. Once they're they met up with several other gladiators who were housed in other units. A set of 4 humans who were oiled and wearing various pieces of light armor, looked calm and collected yet eager, while a clutch of Kobolds skirted nervously about.

"Have you all decided whether you're going to fight in a group, or do we start figuring that out now?"
    The old man listened as Issac chatted with him, and after staring solemnly at him, spoke,

"The Gold games require a qualification round, first everyone pays 1000 gold to enter, then a battle commences, you'll fight some other participant, no betting is allowed for this initial battle, but you don't actually have to defeat your opponent, all you have to do is wear them down enough that they withdraw. After you've won a match, your entered in the "official" games. These games are staged in a tourney tree, first you'll fight an opponent determined by random draw, then you'll fight the winner of your tourney leg, if you win that match you'll go to the semi finals, where you'll be paired up another contestant for a double battle against another pair. Then if you win that, you'll advance to the finals with your partner for a battle royal combat match with 4 participants."

What's great about the games is that once you qualify you can bet extremely large sums of gold, as well as there are actually odds for and against individual fighters, and you get your winnings back as soon as the match is over, so depending on the odds, you could easily walk out with 10x what you initially bet with, especially if you have an underdog quality to yourself.

"But that's not all, you also get random awards for how the battle was actually fought."
    He lists off several examples (see below)

And you can play the crowd, they often contribute to various fighters depending on they act.
    He lists of several more examples

Just be careful, if you take damage, you can get healed in between rounds, but its really expensive 10 gp per hp they restore, even if you only win 1 bout, its okay, as long as you bet money, and hey if you win, you get the prize purse which has lots and lots of gold.

Show
    OOC
    Spoiler: Observations
    Show
    Observations about other entrants:
    Black Half-Dragon: Despite being arrogant, and cruel, he isn't stupid or dull, he has an air of superiority to him, that presents the impression that he fears nothing, and is capable of utilizing his mind as well as his muscles during combat. (not in a magic casting way).

The Green cloaked figure retrieves a bow and a strange ornate quiver full of arrows with various colored fletchings.

The woman clad in furs retrieves a set of gloves that seem to meld to her flesh and extend a set of claws.

The old man retrieves a necklace similar to Issac's with various claws and fangs ornamenting the string.

Spoiler: Notes
    Show

Side Notes:
    The dragon has a neutral attitude toward Issac.

Spoiler: Gold Games
    Show
    Gold Games Summary
    1000 gp entry fee
    Qualification match (no betting)
    Random draw for first round
    First Round (Betting Limit Up to 10000 gp) (Odds TBD)
    Second Round (Betting Up to 25000 gp) (Odds TBD)
    Tag battle (Betting up to 40000 gp) (No odds)
    Final Battle Royal (Betting up to 60000 gp) (Odds TBD)

Spoiler: Odds
    Show
    Odds
    Some odds are determined randomly, others are made depending on crowd favorites, you'll know prior to making bets what the odds are

Spoiler: Awards
    Show
    Awards
    Awards are given for various "challenges" during a fight these include:
    Not moving from your initial square
    Taking 0 Damage
    Winning in 1 round
    Winning in 1 hit
    Defeating your opponent with their own weapon
    Destroying your opponents weapon
    Being brought to single digit HP, while your opponent is untouched then winning the match
    Others (TBD, not being used today)

Spoiler: Crowd
    Show
    Play the Crowd
    You may make intimidate, bluff, perform or charisma checks to influence the crowd, use description and state what "mood" your trying to achieve.
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-02-22 at 11:12 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

The threatening look of the dragon changed to one akin of surprise, amusement and satisfaction. "Well now, looks like I might actually get some exercise today. Tell you what "Meat" if you make it interesting, I'll let you live." Turning back he surveyed the others, his look changed to a mirid of faces, some of irritation, others of acceptance and a few perks of interest. He seemed most interested in the green cloaked figure, Stones and Issac, his expression becoming one of study and less that of mocking while observing them.
    Isaac frowns thoughtfully.

Hrrn. I could have dealt with a mere brute- but this man is dangerous. He bears careful watching.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised- dragons are known for their cunning as well as their power.

The old man listened as Issac chatted with him, and after staring solemnly at him, spoke...
    Isaac is pleasantly surprised by the rundown the older man gives him: he'd have been happy with an explanation half as thorough.

"Thank you for telling me all that! I'm in your debt for helping get me up to speed. I'm Isaac Broughton."

He extends a hand to shake, and nods at the man's necklace.

"I'm an Eight Extremes Fist practitioner, a man of Mencius' monastic rule. Are we colleagues in the study of esoteric martial arts, or...?"

6. - Top - End - #66

RedWizardGuy

Isaac frowns thoughtfully.

"Thank you for telling me all that! I'm in your debt for helping get me up to speed. I'm Isaac Broughton."

He extends a hand to shake, and nods at the man's necklace.

"I'm an Eight Extremes Fist practitioner, a man of Mencius' monastic rule. Are we colleagues in the study of esoteric martial arts, or...?"
    "No, I'm afraid not, I am just a man who is paying for the sins of his father, though I suppose the irony is that I'm using the curse that afflicted my father and using it to ensure my own survival. It has been nice to meet you Issac Broughton, I hope we do not meet in the games today, it would be a shame to have to fight someone so young and full of life."

Stopping in his strides he turns and places a hand on Issac's shoulder, "Whatever happens today, remember you control your life, even though you fight for the amusement of others, its your life." Afterwards he left Issac and proceeded to a large box with a hole, reaching into it, he withdrew a coin upon which was stamped a number, glancing at it his brow creased, he sat down on a bench to await his match. Several other people were collecting numbers from the box as well.

After Issac and Stones drew there numbers, they learned that who their opponents for the qualification match would be, against members from another unit, with Issac fighting a man who was called "The Sunderer", while Stones would fight a man named Noel Sorot, whose nickname among the crowd was "The Bastard."

Spoiler: Open if you are ready for combat
    Show
    After waiting for several other matches to commence, eventually their numbers were called, they walked towards the gates, and after a moment the heavy wooden barriers were raised and they could walk out among the arena. There they found the arena divided with a wall of force splitting the great oval into halves.

In the center of each halve were their opponents, on Issac's side was a half orc with great protruding fangs, and scarred face, he wore a leather loin-cloth, a simple chain shirt, a belt of wrought chains, and carried a great hammer in his meaty fists, on Stones' side stood a human male, roughly six feet tall, and handsome in a roguish and self serving manner. In his right hand was a bastard sword, his left a dagger, covering his body was a ornate set of chain shirt and gauntlets.

The half-orc looked glad at Issac, his eyes fixed on the pole-arm he was wielding, while the human looked slightly dismayed that his opponent seemed not to carry a weapon.

A loud Gong rang indicating the match could begin whenever the combatants desired, the level of noise from the crowd lessened, but it did not drop to silence like it had during the last match, the emperor seemed not to be attending the qualification rounds.
    Show

OOC
    Initiatives
    Sunderer:(1d20+3)[17]
    Bastard:(1d20+3)[12]

You can position yourself anywhere from 10' to 30' away from your opponent prior to Initiative checks, if you wish to hold a brief conversation with your opponent that is fine, the 1/2 Orc has an unfriendly attitude towards Issac, and the Human has a neutral attitude towards Stones. Both are wielding their weapons, but are still considered flat-footed for initiatives and have no readied actions.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Stone Shines Brightly
    Stone's muscles flex, and he seems to get even larger as he locks eyes with his opponent, "the Bastard."

Spoiler
    Show

Initiating a Duel of Wills (ToB page 29).
    If my opponent submits, he takes -2 on his init roll, and -1 on his attack rolls for the first round.
    If he ignores the challenge, I have to beat a DC 15 check. If I succeed, I get +1 on attack rolls.
    If he participates, whoever wins the opposed roll gets +1 hit/damage, and whoever loses gets -1 hit/damage...for the duration of the combat.

Intimidate check (1d20+9)[19]

After Duel of Wills, rolling initiative (1d20+2)[17]
    Campaign Logs:

8. - Top - End - #68

Isaac bows to his opponent and takes his stance where he stands, holding his guisarme at the very end of the weapon's handle to give him a few inches more reach and as much distance as possible to react and defend himself.

Show
    Current weapon held: Guisarme
    Current stance: Step of the Wind
    Dodge target: Sunderer
    Maneuvers readied: Zephyr Dance, Devastating Throw, Mountain Hammer, Counter Charge, Feigned Opening
    HP: 64/65 (my previous estimate was off by 6 since it didn't account for the night's rest we've had)
    AC: 25 (Karmic Strike inactive)
    Initiative: (1d20+6)[15]

9. - Top - End - #69

RedWizardGuy

The Sunderer shakes his massive hammer at Issac in a war-cry, light glinting off the dull gray head, then begins to dart towards him, taking long strides as he zigs back and forth, upon reaching Issac he ducks under the guisarme and swings his hammer in a great arc to come crashing down on the pole. As he swung he let loose a mighty bellow, "Sha'luk smash stick-spear and then smash you too."

Meanwhile, the Bastard locks eyes with Stones and meets his challenge, his expression one of determination with a hint of arrogance, as he waited for his opponent.

Spoiler: @Stones
    Show
    @Stones

Intimidate:(1d20+10)[21]
    Stones has the Initiative

Spoiler: @Issac
    Show
    @Issac

Move Action: Move at 40 feet to become adjacent to Issac.
    Tumble Check: (1d20+14)[22] DC: 25 to move at full speed and avoid AoO's.
    Sunder Attack: (1d20+22)[31]
    Damage if Applicable: (1d12+16)[23] Ignores Hardness unless Adamantine

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Stone

Although slightly disconcerted at his opponent's confidence, the goliath charges his opponent, wielding his new kukri in a powerful cut.

Spoiler
    Show

+2ab, -2ac from charging
    -1ab/-1 damage from lost duel of wills
    Net +1ab, -1 damage
    Emerald Razor makes it a touch attack.

Melee Touch Attack (1d20+19)[23]
    Damage (1d6+10)[13] plus (1d6)[3] acid plus (1d6)[6] punishing stance

Attack hits, free action to initiate grapple on a successful opposed check. Grapple check (1d20+25)[28] If successful, deal damage as unarmed strike (I get my attack with no penalty next round I believe) for (1d4+10)[11]IUS+(1d6)[1] stance damage.
    Campaign Logs:

11. - Top - End - #71

RedWizardGuy

Jerking in pain as the kukri carved its way into his flesh the Noel to advantage of the minor pause as the Goliath began pulling him into a grapple, swinging his sword at the Stones' side attempting to prevent what he knew would be a most likely be a fatal embrace. Despite landing a blow against it, the goliath pulled him into a muscled embrace, and began squeezing.

Show
    OOC
    Using Close-Quarters Fighting (CW)
    Attack Roll:(1d20+11)[15] (Duel of Wills included)
    Damage if applicable: (1d10+8)[13]
    Opposed Grapple: (1d20+10)[12]+damage^

Total Grapple: 25
    Shucks well he lost even though I forgot about duel of wills for the damage and grapple. Also I can't remember your AC at the moment so I am assuming I hit you.

Noel cursed himself as he felt the life being quite literally pushed out of him, he hated fighting more physically adept opponents, he hated fighting more mentally adept opponents too, in fact he hated fighting anyone who was more adept.

Knowing he'd be extremely lucky to out grapple his wrestling mate he decided on a more successful venture, stabbing the giant oaf with his dagger.
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-02-24 at 06:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

RedWizardGuy

Show
    Sorry for the double post.
    The Bastard is stabbing at Stones while in a grapple.
    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[21]
    Attack 2: (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage 1: (1d4+8)[9]
    Damage 2: (1d8+8)[9]

.....uh don't know why i typed d8 instead of d4, but they rolled a 1 anyway so.......my bad
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-02-24 at 06:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

"No. You will not."

Isaac regards the man with a calm smile as he bellows and postures, making a sweeping slice at his ankles as the Sunderer charges in- more of an effort to disrupt his foe's stance and balance than a truly committed attack.

Show
    The reach AoO is lowered by 3 to add points to my AC with Combat Expertise. Combat Expertise adds 3 to AC on its own. The Cautious trait adds 1 to the Combat Expertise bonus, making my AC 29.

Attack: (1d20+9)[25] for (2d4+6)[9] nonlethal slashing on a hit

Then, as the huge orc's hammer comes down on his polearm, Isaac grins impishly- and drops it. The hammer blow strikes the weapon full on- but without his grip to brace it against the impact, the weapon's handle simply flexes under the stress and bounces forcefully off the ground, rebounding to head height. As the orc startles at the weapon's unexpected movement, Isaac takes advantage of his distraction to boot him in the unmentionables, pluck the returned weapon out of the air and sweep his ankles out from under him.

Show
    Using the Zephyr Dance counter to boost Isaac's AC by 4 more points to 33, making the sunder attempt whiff. Riposte grants an AoO which is used for an unarmed attack for damage: (1d20+13)[19] melee, (1d8+5)[12] nonlethal bludgeoning. Then Defensive Throw grants another AoO which is used for a trip attempt: (1d20+9)[16] melee touch, trip attempt (1d20+12)[25], trip check vs. countertrip (1d20+12)[25], extra attack on a success (1d20+9)[28] dealing (2d4+6)[13] nonlethal slashing. EDIT: Should be 1d8+5 nonlethal bludgeoning, rolled for in subsequent post.

Then Isaac's turn begins.

Not giving the Sunderer a moment to rest, Isaac lowers himself into a wide stance and unleashes a tremendous descending palm strike, putting his entire weight into one mighty blow.

Show
    Making a Decisive Strike for double damage and -2 to attack. (1d20+7)[18] melee (EDIT: Against prone AC, normal AC -4), (2d8+10)[13] nonlethal bludgeoning.
    Last edited by Toptomcat; 2016-02-25 at 01:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

True damage of extra trip attack: (1d8+5)[11] nonlethal bludgeoning

15. - Top - End - #75

RedWizardGuy

"Sha'luk yields, Yield!" The half-orc dropped to his knees, the hammer tossed aside, "Sha'luk not fight good against fist and foot".

Meanwhile, the bastard was inwardly cursing, of all the times he'd participated in the Gold Games, he'd never failed to come out ahead, but today looked like he wouldn't even qualify. After hearing Sha'luk's calls for surrender he decided that at least he wouldn't be the only favorite to not make it today. "Dammit, I yield, let me go you big-oaf."

16. - Top - End - #76

Isaac stands victorious above his fallen foe, without having moved a single step from his starting position. He still smiles- calmly, warmly.

"So you understand that much about your fighting style. Good."

He extends a hand to Sha'luk and helps him to his feet.

"It would help if you were less honest about announcing your target. If you'd concealed your intentions, it would have been harder to avoid your first attack, and judge your fighting distance for my counter.

And there are ways to make it easier to fight barehanded warriors. If I survive my next match, come see me and I'll show you a trick or two."
    Last edited by Toptomcat; 2016-02-25 at 05:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

RedWizardGuy

Sha'luk looks at the hand Issac has offered him in mild confusion, after a brief pause, he grabs it and pulls himself to his feet. "Sha'luk would like that, and Sha'luk likes you." His voiced was graveled and partially garbled thanks to his thick tusks, reaching into a pouch on his belt, he withdrew a rough iron coin, with an imprint of an orcs face on either side, and handed it to Issac. "If orc ever trouble you, show them this coin, may help you ward off lower orcs, but there many stronger than Sha'luk, they may still trouble you."
    Show

Any orc whom you encounter and show that coin to will be automatically friendly to you, if they are lower than 5 level, any level 7-9 will be neutral, 10+ no effect. (Non-magic effect)
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-02-25 at 05:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Stone
    Stone releases his grasp, allowing the human to straighten up and step away. "Gladly. You have quick reflexes; perhaps we'll fight side-by-side another time."
    Campaign Logs:

19. - Top - End - #79

Isaac takes the coin and tucks it into his tunic, touched by the gesture.

"Thank you, Sha'luk. Should I not survive the day, try to find a man named Avi, a gladiator like us. He is also a man of Mencius, and will teach you as readily as I."

He retrieves the orc's fallen hammer, hands it back to him, and walks out of the arena with him side by side.

20. - Top - End - #80

RedWizardGuy

The Bastard looked shocked, despite his rude nature, his opponent was still treating him with respect and courtesy, he seemed uncomfortable with the events. After bowing his head slightly, he strode from the arena.

Sha'luk seemed to be overjoyed with the results of his encounter, despite the fact that he had lost. He happily walked along Issac as they made their way out of the arena, once they reached the gates, they were sent to different areas, Sha'luk went back towards the lifts, while Issac and Stones were brought to a large room, that was full of others who had passed the qualification rounds.

Among those there, the massive black half dragon, the green cloaked figure, the woman in furs, and the grizzled man who had explained the games to them. Additionally there were dozens they had never seen before, including a group of human males who were covered in oil, and causing most of the noise in the enclosed room.

After a few minutes, a bell tolled, and Urist stepped forward, holding pot full of varying coins. "These coins each have a number on them, and there are 2 of the same number per coin, copper, silver, gold and platinum. You will draw a coin and will face the opponent who draws a coin identical to yours, the coins will also signify the prize and victory condition for your special gamble.

Spoiler: Odds and OOC
    Show
    Platinum Prize 5:1 Victory and take no damage (max bet of 1000 pp)(If damage is taken odds drop to 1:1 for betting)
    Gold Prize: 3:1 Victory and win in 3 rounds (max bet of 10000 gp) (Odds become 1:1 if not done in 3 rounds)
    Silver Prize: 2:1 Victory and Never drop below 50% max HP (max bet of 10000 gp) (Odds become 1:1 if conditions not met)
    Copper Prize 1:1 + 2500gp purse Victory and kill opponent (max bet of 10000 gp)(2500 gp purse is earned upon opponents death)

Roll 1d4 (Coin 1=PP,2=GP,3=SP,4=CP)
    Roll 1d8 opponent (1-4 Easy, 5-7 Medium, 8 Hard)
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-03-02 at 09:12 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Stone Shines Brightly

When his turn comes, the half-dragon goliath pulls out a gleaming platinum coin marked with the number 6.
    Campaign Logs:

22. - Top - End - #82

Isaac scowls as he draws a copper coin inscribed with the number five.

Perhaps I'll draw the half-dragon. I could kill him in good conscience.

23. - Top - End - #83

RedWizardGuy

After everyone had drawn their coins, there was general disorder as they seemed to be attempting to determine whom their opponent was, after a half minute of chaos, Urist ran forward ringing a bell. He urged everyone to get into lines, from their he ordered them about until each person was facing their opponent. Most of these participants disliked being pushed and prodded by the obese dwarf, but eventually these acquiesced.

Issac found himself facing a human, the man had skin the color of fresh charcoal, blue eyes that were made more noticeable against the tint of his dark skin, and was covered in scars of varying size and age. His studded leather chest piece had been patched, as though to repair what must have been a grievous wound to his belly. Attached to the man's belt were two weapons, a leather whip, at the end of whip was a blade still coated in fresh blood, the other hand held was clasped around the handle of a short sword.

Stones found himself sitting across from an a man wearing two hand axes at his belt, he had simple chain shirt and a belt of twisted steel, he had a brown beard and wore a steel cap adorned with spikes.

24. - Top - End - #84

Isaac eyes his opponent contemplatively.

He fights a bit like I do, then- one weapon to cover long range, another to deal with enemies who close the distance. It's an awkward pairing, though- awkward to fight against, awkward to use. Usually flexible weapons take two hands to control. If he's using it like an actual bullwhip, he must have a fearsomely powerful wrist, and even then he'll have a very limited striking arc with it...

But he does not become so lost in thought as to forget his manners. He bows to the scarred man.

"I am Isaac Broughton. And you?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Stone

Stone Shines Brightly stares silently at his smaller opponent.

When betting time comes around, he quietly places a bet
    Spoiler
    Show

He bets 1000 gp (current bank account: 3069.5gp).
    Campaign Logs:

26. - Top - End - #86

RedWizardGuy

The dark-skinned man raised his head and stared directly into Issac's gaze, he stared for close to a minute before responding, he seemed to have been taking measure of Issac. "My name is Suamaneo." After a brief pause, "Tell me, you are new are you not? I do not mean offense, but you have the naive air of someone who thinks that success and freedom will be their's once more."

After about an hour, it was finally their turns, the arena was again divided into halves to allow up to four fighters at once. This time, one combatant was taken to the other end, of the arena, with roughly 60' between each pair.

Show
    We can continue the conversation as you wait, but I am going to move into the arena so that J-H doesn't wait longer, place any bet you have the credit for and roll initative

27. - Top - End - #87

"My freedom is out of my control, and so not worth worrying about. If I am polite, dignified, and happy despite the conditions of my captivity, is that naivete or a victory over those who sought to demean and humiliate me by enslavement?"

Initiative: [roll0]

28. - Top - End - #88

Let's fix that blunder: (1d20+6)[18]

29. - Top - End - #89

RedWizardGuy

A pig or chicken is happy and appreciative to eat the seed or slop given by its master, by both squawk and squeal when he brings the blade instead. Then the master who has been feeding them this whole time, is finally happy as he wrests the life from their bloodied corpse, as now he may feed instead.

Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show
    Suamaneo Init: (1d20+5)[18]
    Axe wielder Init: (1d20+5)[13]

Alright Tomcat, you've got the higher base Init, so you go first, you are the specified distance from your target
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2016-03-08 at 09:33 AM.