Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default I am Jack's cinema inspired Feats (100 strong and counting. Add yours!)

EDIT: The spot for movie related feats. Please add your own, or check up on them as expertly organized by Neek on his Wiki Note half of page three and all of page four are not yet added. They will be. Don't let that stop you from adding more or from looking through the later pages.

Some Justification: Though originally something of a goof, and still fairly tongue in cheek, the idea behind this thread appeals to me more and more. Heroes should be heroes because of their abilities, not just because they happened to roll unreasonably well. Feats like these don't just allow you to attempt a heroic feat, they confer upon you the inherent capacity to be a hero.

A bit of organization(Now by film), each of these is in a post below(and again, see the Neek's Wiki):

Fight Club
    {table]Feat|Description
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise|sacrifice wisdom to gain a partial action in a surprise round
    Splicing Single Frames|Cause overly observent opponents to become Shaken
    Figment|gain the benefits of a skilled imaginary friend
    *Look How you want to Look|temporarily improve attributes
    *Fight How you want to Fight|use your imaginary friend to attack
    *get some gauze|reroll a roll that would have killed you
    **roll how you want to roll|double your chances to succeed on a roll
    I felt like destroying something beautiful|deal CHA damage to a helpless foe
    Smirking Revenge|Deal damage to yourself to upset an opponent
    Someday you're gonna die|Focus your mind in order to transcend physical pain
    flashback humor|reroll certain opposed skill checks
    You don't know where|Nauseate, or worse, against an opponent in a grapple
    I haven't been *****|disturb an opponent with shocking statements
    Snowflake|gain the benefits of recognizing your place in the world
    *His Name Is|Gain bard like effects from your connection to others in your organization
    **I am Tyler Durden|Gain additional combat benefits from the support of other members of your organization
    [/table]

Big Trouble in Little China
    {table]Feat|Description
    It's all in the reflexes|return a reflected attack
    Slice the Bottle|bypass an object's hardness with a focused strike
    [/table]

Evil Dead

{table]Feat|Description
    Listen up you primitive Screw heads|rebuke certain humanoids as though they were undead
    Groovy|Loose a hand, gain a weapon
    *Come Get Some|Suprise outsiders with ease
    *Its a trap, get an axe|resist the trickery of outsiders
    *Hail to the King, Baby|Come to the aid of an ally during a surprise round
    *Your shoes untied|Bluff to gain time for escape
    *You're only leading two things right now: jack and ****|gain the benefits of leadership when in desperate situations
    **I'm the Guy with the Gun|Frenzy against outsiders
    This is my boomstick|gain followers by flaunting an exotic weapon
    Having said the three words|gain a bonus to Blind activations at cost
    [/table]

The Princess Bride
    {table]Feat|Description
    I know something you do not|Feign weakness to gain an advantage in combat
    Drop Your Sword|Use trickery to disarm an opponent
    Man In Black|a series of manuevers granting combat benefits
    Mostly Dead|Gain an additional hit points below 0, but become harder to ressurect.
    You Killed my father, prepare to die|Gain bonuses for going into the revenge business
    I want my father back you son of a *****|turn intimidation into damage three times per day.
    Anybody want a peanut|gain a second chance to save against fear effects
    Socrates?Plato?Aristotle? Morons|Use your intelligence Modifier for escape artist, intimidate, and bluff

[/table]

Die Hard
    {table]Feat|Description
    Shoot the Glass|use your environment to impede movement
    Yippy Kai Yay|Gain bonuses when facing enemies alone
    Next time you get a chance to kill someone|Gain a bonus against an opponent that forgoes an attack.
    [/table]

Star Wars
    {table]Feat|Description
    Never tell me the odds|Gain a bonus in spite of your allies, especially against long odds.
    Shot First|Do extra damage when you begin combat.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing|Shake a persons confidence through force of personality.
    I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit|use an opponent's own bluff skills against them.
    Do not want|Attempt to bridge the language gap, but be wary, as hilarity may ensue.
    [/table]

Fifth Element
    {table]Feat|Description
    Negative, I am a meat popsicle|Once per day avoid magical interrogation or detection of alignment
    Good thing for me it's not loaded|use your bluff skill to disarm an opponent that has the drop on you.
    They really made her...|your charisma protects you from attacks when you are unaware.
    [/table]

Indiana Jones
    {table]Feat|Description
    They named you after the Dog?|Gain an advanatage over an opponent who is overly flashy in combat.
    [/table]

Pirates of the Carribean
    {table]Feat|Description
    The day you almost caught...| Take advantage of superior tumble, bluff and escape artists skills when retreating.
    Disinclined to Acquiesce to your request|Your tongue is quick enough to partially negate even magical compulsion
    [/table]

The Matrix
    {table]Feat|Description
    There is no Spoon|gain access to non-magical telekenisis [psionic]
    You're faster than this|gain an insight bonus to dexterity as you attack
    [/table]

Serenity/firefly
    {table]Feat|Description
    Fanty's Prettier|triple the bonuses gained from familiarity when countering disguise, plus other effects.
    But Pain is Scary|Use Str in place of Cha for intimidate checks
    [/table]

Monty Python
    {table]Feat|Description
    An African or a European Swallow?|Use knowledge to turn an effect back on its originator.
    It's only a flesh wound|ignore penalties from lost limbs
    [/table]

Willy Wonka
    {table]Feat|Description
    Strike that. Reverse it|occasionally bumble a spell with a verbal component, but gain the ability to fix that error
    The Candyman Can|replace material components with choclate, gain a benefit on harmless spells.
    Doompaty-Doo|your followers are able to fascinate observers
    [/table]

The Usual Suspects
    {table]Feat|Description
    How do you shoot the devil in the back?|intimidate those that would attempt to strike you dishonorably.
    The Greatest Trick|naturally disguise yourself from others.
    [/table]

Ghostbusters
    {table]Feat|Description
    If Sombody asks you if you're a god|gain a bonus against powerful foes.
    [/table]

Shaun of the dead
    {table]Feat|Description
    What's Wrong, Never taken a short cut before?|"Leap" barriers great effect.
    The Winchester|Find a weapon on short notice in certain environments.
    It's a Running Buffet|You can make yourself particularly attractive to the pallets of the undead
    [/table]

Lord of the rings
    {table]Feat|Description
    Don't tell the Elf|Hurl an ally into combat
    Speak Friend|Give someone a chance to reroll an int based check they normally could not.
    Fool of a TooK|Provide a bonus to unwise allies
    Your love of the Halfling's Leaf|Leave Drug addled opponents shaken
    [/table]

Sin City
    {table]Feat|Description
    The All or Nothing Days|Sheer toughness allows you to resist death, but such resileince comes at a steep cost
    [/table]

Pulp Fiction
    {table]Feat|Description
    Do they speak engligh in what?|double your chances of a successful intimidate
    English MF do you speak it?|Use an intimidate check to stun an opponent
    That's Thirty Minutes Away|gain bonuses to overland movement
    [/table]

Bill & Ted
    {table]Feat|Description
    Air Guitar|transform simplicity into a sublime effect
    [/table]

Movies currently referenced:Fight Club, Big Trouble in Little China, the 5th Element, Die Hard, Star wars, the Evil Dead series, The Princess Bride, the Matrix, Pirates of the Carribean, Serenity, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory, The Usual Suspects, Ghostbusters, Shaun of the Dead, Lord of the Rings, Sin City, Bill & Ted, Pulp Fiction

Figment

Req: Level 5+; This feat can only be taken when gaining a level in a new class. Taking this feat makes it impossible to take additional levels in the previous class.

You are constantly in the company of a person who represents everything you wish you could be. At least, you think you are. In fact this person is just a fragment of your own personality that has been given a life of it's own.

Create a new skill list as though you were a character of your ECL all in the new class you've taken with a base INT and CHA scores of 18 (plus or minus any racial bonuses). twice per day per level you may make a skill check using the skills from this skill list rather than your normal skill list. Regardless of the class, this skill list always includes Bluff, Intimidate and Diplomacy as class skills.

Each time you gain a level in a new class, increase both lists.

Look how you want to look
    Req: Figment

Once per day for 1 round per five levels your attributes are treated as though natural 18s (racial and other bonuses are then applied). This requires a standard action to activate and begins on your next round

Fight how you want to Fight

Once per day per five levels you may make an attack roll as a character with a natural 18 strength score (racial and other bonuses are then applied). BAB for this attack roll is equal to that of a character of your ECL who had taken all their levels in the class you took when you gained figment.

Roll how you want to roll
    Req: Figment. You must also have fight how you want to fight and/or look how you want to look

once per day per 5 levels you may choose to make two simultaneus rolls rather than one. After rolling you may than choose which of these rolls applies.

I felt like destroying something Beautiful
    Req: improved unarmed strike

Against a helpless opponent you may choose to do 1d3 temporary CHA damage in lieu of a normal damage. If used while raging this damage is maximized.

Smirking Revenge
    Req: Level 5+

As a standard action you may choose to make an attack against yourself. One target of your choosing that sees this take place must make a Will save of DC 15 + damage dealt or be Panicked for one round. Subdual damage allows the ability to be triggered, but is not added to the save DC.

Rather than causing panic, this abilty may also be used to add a circumstance bonus to a Bluff or intimidate check made against the target. In that case, if the Will save is failed you may immediatly make a bluff or intimidate check with an additional bonus equal to the amount by which the save DC was increased.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-22 at 02:04 PM.
    Recent Ancient Attempts at homebrewing :

Daoist(Prc), Kinderhorror (MitP:8-0), Gribble(MitP: 11-1), Shardfiend(MitP:8-0), Sun Tyrant(MitP:6-0), Sunworshiper(MitP: 3-0),Spidaren (MitP: 7-0), Movie Themed Feats

Any & all advice and opinions, and votes, are welcome

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I am Jack's Feats

Fight Club wins. That is all.

3. - Top - End - #3

Boredom + headful of movie references = strange posts.

Trying to restrain myself from making a set of these for every movie I like, if you see a thread called "it's all in the reflexes" just run.... Now that I mention it...

It's all in the reflexes
    Req: Bluff +2

Anytime an attack you make is redirected or reflected back at you (e.g. an opponent with snatch arrow throwing a missile weapon) You may make a reflex save against a DC equal to 10 + opponent's attack bonus. If you succeed you redirect the reflected attack against them oncemore. This attack is always considered a critical strike and bypasses damage reduction as though an epic weapon.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-14 at 05:46 PM.

Daoist(Prc), Kinderhorror (MitP:8-0), Gribble(MitP: 11-1), Shardfiend(MitP:8-0), Sun Tyrant(MitP:6-0), Sunworshiper(MitP: 3-0),Spidaren (MitP: 7-0), Movie Themed Feats

4. - Top - End - #4

Slice the Bottle
    Req: BAB +4, Love of your life not arriving from a foreign land that day

You may bypass the hardness of an object when attempting to strike it. The object must be unattended and you must spend 3 full round actions to strike it, the first two are spent focusing and the third is spent on the strike.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-14 at 01:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Groovy
    Req: Level 10, To take this feat you must have lost at least one negative level to level drain from an evil outsider or undead, Taking this feat required 4 hours to gain the effect.

take a permanent -4 to Dex and lose the ability to attack with either your main or off hand and choose a one handed weapon you posess. Whichever hand you chose to lose is now always considered to be wielding the selected weapon. That weapon can not be disarmed or sundered. You gain +2 to all attack rolls with that weapon and it always does a maximum amount of damage to undead or outsiders.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I haven't been F***ed like that since grade school"
    You know what to say to really shock people, to put them off their guard
    Benefit: Once per day at the start of a combat you may make a diplomacy check opposed to a level check by the target, if you succeed the opponent suffers a -4 penalty to initiative and is dazed for one round.

Ok with that out of my system, I wouldn't ever use, or let one of my players use these in actual play, they're good fun from a great flick.
    Last edited by Morgan_Scott82; 2007-06-14 at 02:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I hereby request a "This Is My Boomstick" feat.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan_Scott82 View Post
    Ok with that out of my system, I wouldn't ever use, or let one of my players use these in actual play, they're good fun from a great flick.
    No? I think a couple of them are balanced, at least somewhat, or could be. Good feat by the way.

Hmmmm..... Ask and ye shall recieve

This is my Boomstick

Req: Exotic Weapon profficiency (any ranged), groovy, CHA 17+

Once per week you may make a particularly flashy attack with an exotic ranged weapon in which you have proficiency. Any intelligent creatures with less than three HD that witness this attack are treated as followers for one day per level. Any creature with more than 3HD is immediatly considered intimidated, and must make a will save at a DC equal to your attack roll. If they fail then, for one day per level, you gain +20 on any intimidate checks made against them.

If the exotic weapon involves an explosive element, any creature up to 4hd is made a follower and the DC of the Will save for other creatures is increased by 10.

Once a person has been a target of this feat they are immune to any future attempts to use it against them, assuming it is based on the same weapon.

Okay, maybe that one's a little unbalanced.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-14 at 02:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Please stat out Robert Paulson. Please stat out Robert Paulson. Please stat out Robert Paulson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Please stat out Robert Paulson. Please stat out Robert Paulson. Please stat out Robert Paulson.
    lol.

Only if you do the same for Lo Pan.

11. - Top - End - #11

back to fight club

Get Some Gauze

If you fail a save which would cause your death you may choose to be treated as having passed that save. Doing so causes you to lose access to the figment feat and all feats that depend on it.

or, if you want to base it more on the book, lose access to it for one year.

Flashback Humor

Once per week you may reroll any check you make against an opponent's Diplomacy, intimidate, bluff, or sense motive roll. You must accept the result of the second roll, even if it is lower.

12. - Top - End - #12

having said the three words

When attempting a blind activation attempt as part of a use magical item check you gain a +10 on the role. Even if you succeed, unless the margin of success i more than +10 the item is treated as having misfired, but the misfire does not take effect for ten rounds. If the item has any automatic cost or penalty for using without a password, then even a success by more than ten triggers that effect, though the onset is also delayed by ten rounds.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-14 at 05:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

You don't know where I've been, Lou

When engaged in a grapple with an opponent, the opponent must make a Will save each round with a DC equal to 10 + the amount of damage you have taken that round. Each time they fail this save there is a different effect.

{table]# of failures|Effect
    0|no effect
    1|Opponent becomes nauseated. This effect lasts for 1d6+1 rounds.
    2|Opponent becomes shaken. This effect lasts the remainder the grapple.
    3|Opponent becomes frightened. This effect lasts 1d4+1 rounds but does not begin until after the grapple is broken.
    5|Opponent becomes panicked. This effect lasts 1d2+1 rounds but does not begin until after the grapple is broken.
    [/table]

If the opponent succeeds on this save two rounds in a row they're number of failures is reset to 0. This ability can not be used while at full HP. If you are suffering from a bleed effect, or any effect doing continus damage, increase the DC for the will save by +5
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-14 at 05:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

I know something you do not
    Req: Weapon Focus (melee), Dex +11, quick draw

Choose a one handed melee weapon with which you have weapon focus. Once per day you may choose to take a penalty to both AC and melee attack rolls up to a max of your dex modifier with that weapon. As a free action you may reverse this penalty, gaining a bonus to melee attack rolls and AC equal to the previous penalty. The bonuses last for one round for each round spent subject to the penalties in which an attack was made. If you spend more than 5 rounds under the penalties the weapon is treated as though keen during the period it recieves the bonus.

This penalty can only be activated during the first round of combat. The penalties apply to any attacks, but the bonuses may apply only to one target which you must select at the start of combat and who you must attack at least once before removing the penalties.

Example Cary is suddenly jumped by several bandits along the road. Drawing his rapier, he chooses to take -3 to attack and AC, out of a possible 4 from his dex modifier. He selects Mandy, the leader, as the target of this effect. For the next three rounds, Cary suffers the penalties, and on the third round manages to attack Mandy. at the end of that roun, he announces the penalties over. At the start of the next round, Cary switches his sword style and pacing, throwing Mandy off guard and providing Cary with +3 to attack and AC against Mandy.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-14 at 07:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Drop your Sword
    Req: Intimidate +5 ranks; Bluff +5 ranks

When weakened you may take a series of actions designed to intimidate, rather than harm, your opponent.

Using drop your sword requires three rounds. On the first round you must succeed on a successful feint against your opponent and not attack them. On the second round you must make a successful intimidate check against the opponent. On the third and last round you must, as a full round action, make a normal attack roll against your opponent's touch AC. If this attack succeeds it deals no damage. Instead the opponent is considered panicked for two rounds.

During these three rounds you may take no actions other than those required for the use of this feat. taking any other action causes the feat to fail. This feat may only be attempted once per day.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Come get some.
    Req: Groovy, Improved Initiative
    Benefit: You receive a surprise round before initiative is rolled, even if circumstance would normally deny you a surprise round, when fighting an Evil Outsider. You also cannot be flanked by Evil Outsiders.

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
    Req: Groovy, This is my Boomstick
    Benefit: 1/encounter, when you are facing an Evil Outsider, you may enter a frenzy where you receive a +1 to all ranged attack rolls and all reloads are considered to be swift actions. This lasts for a number of turns equal to your Charisma modifier.

It's a trap. Get an axe.
    Req: Groovy
    Benefit: You cannot be bluffed, intimidated, or be the subject of any Mind-controlling spell or ability by an Evil Outsider that has the same HD or fewer than you. If the Evil Outsider has greater HD than you, it suffers a -2 to on all its Bluff or Intimidate rolls, and you receive a +2 bonus to saving throws versus Mind-controlling spells or abilities.

Your shoe's untied.
    Req: Bluff 8 ranks, Groovy
    Benefit: Once encounter as a free action, you can make a bluff check in order to create a diversion and catch off-guard an opponent that has as many HD as you. If you succeed in the roll, the opponent is caught flat-footed against your next melee attack.
    Normal: Diversions are normally used to help you hide, not for denying AC bonuses to opponents.
    Special: If the opponent has this feat, it will not work.

You are not a beautiful snowflake (Optionally, Spacemonkey)
    Req: BAB +1, having a shaved head, accepted in anarchist commune such as Project Mayhem.
    Benefit: You receive a permanent -2 to Charisma, but for the purposes of Will saves, any Craft (Demolitions), Disable Device, or Knowledge check, you receive a +2 morale bonus as if you were receiving the benefit of Help Another, even if no one else is helping you.
    Normal: You cannot normally help another in saving throws, and the helping characters normally have to help to in order to confer a bonus.
    Special: If you are not part of a commune, the only surviving member, or kicked out out of the commune, this feat no longer confers a bonus, and your Charisma modifier returns to normal.
    — Nicolaos of Aepternacos

17. - Top - End - #17

Default Re: I am Jack's Feats (and others)

Fantastic Neek. Truly fantastic. I particularly like snowflake, was trying to think of one for that line all day.

EDIT: In fact, gives me a good idea-
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-14 at 06:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Poppatomus View Post
    I know something you do not
    Req: Weapon Focus (melee), Dex +11, quick draw

Choose a weapon with which you have weapon focus. Once per day you may choose to take a penalty to both AC and melee attack rolls up to a max of your dex modifier with that weapon. As a free action you may reverse this penalty, gaining a bonus to melee attack rolls and AC equal to the previous penalty. The bonuses last for one round for each round spent subject to the penalties. If you spend more than 5 rounds under the penalties the weapon is treated as though keen during the period it recieves the bonus.

This penalty can only be activated during the first round of combat. The penalties apply to any attacks, but the bonuses only apply to targets you have attacked while under the effect of the penalty.
    To be fair, it would make more sense if the weapon is a one handed weapon. Also, you might require the more than 5 rounds in combat under the penalties or even five attacks with the weapon within the last minute or so under the penalties then the bonus granted to the next 5 attacks. Otherwise one could keep the weapon in the left hand for hours walking along, then when a fight starts, switch hands at no real cost.

You might consider making the combat feats in the style of tactical feats, you gain 3 maneuvers that are too situational for their own feat but give the player a few more options in a fight. You could try making 3 maneuvers that fit a movie and make that a single tactical feat.

An example Tactical feat might be
    Man in Black
    Prerequisite: Weapon Finesse, Base Attack Bonus +6,
    Benefit: You may use the following 3 tactical maneuvers:
    * Beat Steel with Steel– You may take a penalty of up to your BAB on a melee attack with a weapon with which Weapon Fineese applies against an armed foe who threatens your square. If your attack deals damage, you may apply the same number as your penalty to the damage rolls for future attacks against that foe with the same weapon for the next three rounds. This damage stacks with itself.
    * Beat Strength with Strength – If your foe starts a grapple with you, you may either ignore both your and your foe's size modifiers or use your dexterity in place of strength for grapple checks.
    * Beat Brains with Brains – You may use either intelligence or wisdom in place of charisma in bluff checks.
    Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Your manly chin makes Jay Leno weep.

19. - Top - End - #19

Default Re: I am Jack's Feats (and others)

His name is...
    Req: Spacemonkey

When meeting someone new you may repeat a mundane phrase which instantly establishes a bond. You are immediatly considered friendly by another person with this feat. Additionally, this ability can be used to duplicate the effect of certain bardic music effect. Repeating this chant can be used in place of countersong, inspire courage or inspire competance. The effect only impacts others with this face. The effective bard level and bonus to the "perform" check is equal to the number of chanters

I am Tyler Durden
    Req: His name is, Figment

When a group is using His name is... a player with this feat may be selected as the target of an inspire greatness or inspire heroics effect, as the bardic music effect. The number of chanters must be at least equal to the required level of bard normally required to use this ability. Individual chanters must be aware of the target, voluntarily support them, and can target only one person with the feat at a time.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Kyace View Post
    To be fair, it would make more sense if the weapon is a one handed weapon...

An example Tactical feat might be
    Man in Black
    Prerequisite: Weapon Finesse, Base Attack Bonus +6,
    Benefit: You may use the following 3 tactical maneuvers:
    * Beat Steel with Steel– You may take a penalty of up to your BAB on a melee attack with a weapon with which Weapon Fineese applies against an armed foe who threatens your square. If your attack deals damage, you may apply the same number as your penalty to the damage rolls for future attacks against that foe with the same weapon for the next three rounds. This damage stacks with itself.
    * Beat Strength with Strength – If your foe starts a grapple with you, you may either ignore both your and your foe's size modifiers or use your dexterity in place of strength for grapple checks.
    * Beat Brains with Brains – You may use either intelligence or wisdom in place of charisma in bluff checks.
    Made some of the changes you suggested. I like your take on it, but I think mine emphasizes a slightly different aspect of the tactic. I'm not very familiar with the manuevers/tactical feats concept, but it is intriguing. I like yours very much, particularly strength with strength.

21. - Top - End - #21

Default Re: I am Jack's cinema inspired Feats

added a nifty chart

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"
    Benefit: You may take 1d3 wisdom damage to take a partial action in the surprise round, of any encounter.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan_Scott82 View Post
    "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"
    Benefit: You may take 1d3 wisdom damage to take a partial action in the surprise round, of any encounter.
    Nice. let me raise you:

Someday, you're gonna die
    Req: Fort 15+

Once per round as a move action you may make a concentration check to ignore up to 10 damage from one source and gain damage reduction 1/- in the next round. The DC for this check is equal to 20plus the amount of damage you take that round from all sources. If you fail that check you are considered shaken on your next round.

24. - Top - End - #24

Mostly Dead

In order to be killed you must be brought to negative 20, rather than negative 10. Any feats that allow you to keep fighting after falling below 0 hit points only apply up to -9. Once you drop to -10 or below you appear dead to all observers and are treated as though your strength and Dex scores were at zero. It requires a DC 30 heal check to notice that you are alive. once you drop below -9 your system function drop so low that you automatically stabilize. However, for as long as you are below -9 you continue to lose one HP per day until you reach -20 and die.

Since you are not dead you can not be ressurrected or animated as an undead creature. If any of those spells are cast on you they fizzle and the caster may make a DC 25 spell craft check to notice that you are still alive. Similarly, any healer familiar with this condition may make a DC 25 heal check to duplicate the spell Speak with dead once per day, though limited to a two word answer to a single question.

Because of your additional survivability, actual death is more difficult to reverse. You are immune to raise dead and even resurrection, true resurrection, wish, and miracle spells only succeed with some difficulty. To resurrect you the caster must succeed at a caster level check with a DC equal to 10 + your character level. If casting resurrection the DC is increased by 5.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-14 at 09:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Poppatomus View Post
    Because of your additional survivability, actual death is more difficult to reverse. You are immune to raise dead and can only be raised by a resurrection, true resurrection, wish, or miracle spell cast by a character with a higher ECL than your own.
    You may wish to reconsider this. Imagine you are a level 20 fighter, this would mean that only an epic spellcaster could raise you. Maybe make it a caster level check against your level+10. That way someone your level would have a fifty-fifty chance to raise you and the chance would increase if they were higher and decrease if they were lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Your manly chin makes Jay Leno weep.

26. - Top - End - #26

Thanks again Kyace, changes made.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-14 at 09:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you don't mind, I took the liberty of saving these feats on my wiki. I can remove if you like, I just felt that storing it someone place else might make it better for archiving.
    — Nicolaos of Aepternacos

28. - Top - End - #28

Good idea Neek, much appreciated in fact. If you don't mind, i'll add a link to that into the first post.

29. - Top - End - #29

Yippy Kai Yay
    Req: Quick Draw

If you do not have an ally within 500 ft. you gain may choose to gain a +2 bonus to initiative, hide, move silently, bluff, intimidate, escape artist, tumble and gather information. Additionally, if also involved in combat with more than one opponent you gain a +2 circumstance bonus to attack and damage. Any creature willing to aid you that has at least half as many hit dice as you counts as an ally. These bonuses only last for five rounds per day, but you may choose to which rounds they apply.

Shoot the Glass
    Req: Multi-shot or Sunder

You are able to destroy objects in order to impede movement. Any time you destroy an object of small size or larger you may choose to do so in such a way that that its shards fill the square it occupies. That square is treated as though it had caltrops distributed therein.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-15 at 06:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

shot first
    Req: Combat Reflexes, Bluff +5 or Diplomacy +5

At the end of an unsuccessful bluff or diplomacy check you may choose to make an attack as a free action. Treat this as a surprise round, except that you may only use it to make an attack against the target of the failed check. If the attack is successful it automatically threatens a critical strike. This feat can only be used against a target within 15 ft. and can only be used before combat begins. The use of this feat always provokes an attack of opportunity.

Never tell me the odds

Once per day, you gain the benefits of aid another even if the roll made to aid you is unsuccessful. Additionally, as long as you have allies present, you gain a +1 on any save or skill check against a DC 21 or higher. This bonus stacks with bonuses gained from aid another checks.
    Last edited by Poppatomus; 2007-06-15 at 07:38 PM.