A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Domains And Domain Feats

I'll try and sweep this thread tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusInk View Post
    LP told me to do that if I was ever in trouble and he was off smiting evil.
    That's my girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I AM AN ADULT!
    I knew I could count on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Oh, I see how it is. LP is a two-timing punk, and you don't think I'm good enough!

Bah humbug!
    Somehow this backfired on me... I mean... "No! Snowbluff, darling! It isn't like that!'
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-01-25 at 06:28 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Somehow this backfired on me... I mean... "No! Snowbluff, darling! It isn't like that!'
    Bluff is not a Paladin skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Bluff is not a Paladin skill.
    I'm rolling for diplomacy. "Think of all the good times, honey!"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm rolling for diplomacy. "Think of all the good times, honey!"
    Snowbluff is a PC, and thus immune to diplomacy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I think thats more a feature of being a Yandere actually
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, I see how it is. LP is a two-timing punk, and you don't think I'm good enough!

Bah humbug!
    Snuff-a-Bloo! Don't be that way! You're our favorite little psycho. Besides, I'm not a two timing punk.

I AM AN ADULT!
    So that's what happens when you say his name three times...
    I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks!

Swing by and take a look at my DeviantArt!

Icon drawn by no one but myself! Full version can be seen here.

7. - Top - End - #157

If you want to get technical. I'm iron heart surging out of the dog house.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Do you want a hug?

Come on. Give me some of that blood.
    Snuff-a-Bloo! Don't be that way! You're our favorite little psycho. Besides, I'm not a two timing punk.
    Aw, am I really the only psychopath for you?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

I wouldn't answer that.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

Well, it does feel wrong to get between you and LP...
    But I'll always be here if you randomly want to do something psychotic like set a building on fire when LP says no.

I wouldn't answer that.
    Naaah, risks are fun. And Snuff-a-Bluff doesn't scare me!

11. - Top - End - #161

*SNIP*
    I have two domains! I can be mine own Cleric, yessssss. I am the terror that trips in the night! The out-of-order elevator that makes Evil use the stairs! In the name of the plot-

-I will punish you!

Unless you're into that sort of thing, of course. Then I'll make Snowbluff do it.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Protected Domain (VirusInk)

Granted Power: At the beginning of each of your turns you gain 1 + 1/2 your class level temp hp.

Domain Spells:
    1. Sanctuary
    2. Shielding Other (see below)
    3. Call Big Brother (see below)
    4. Restraining Order (see below)
    5. Protection of the Gods (see below)
    6. Call Red Fel (see below)
    7. Spell Turning
    8. Call Dragon Protector (see below)
    9. Prismatic Sphere

Spoiler: Shielding Other
    Show
    Shielding Other
    Abjuration
    Level: Protected 2
    Components: V, S, DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resistance: No

The subject of this spell wards you as the spell creates a mystic connection between you and the subject so that some of your wounds are transferred to it. The subject must be conscious and willing to receive the effects of this spell (though they do not have to be informed as to its nature). You gain a +1 deflection bonus to AC and a +1 resistance bonus on saves. Additionally, the you take only half damage from all wounds and attacks (including that dealt by special abilities) that deal hit point damage. The amount of damage not taken by you is taken by the warding creature. Forms of harm that do not involve hit points, such as charm effects, temporary ability damage, level draining, and death effects, are not affected. If you suffer a reduction of hit points from a lowered Constitution score, the reduction is not split with the warding creature because it is not hit point damage. When the spell ends, subsequent damage is no longer divided between the subject and you, but damage already split is not reassigned to you.

If you and the subject of the spell move out of range of each other, the spell ends.

Spoiler: Call Big Brother
    Show
    Call Big Brother
    Evocation [Good, Force, Lawful]
    Level: Protected 3
    Effect: One orb of force.
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: No
    Spell Resistance: No

You invoke the holy power of your older brother firing it off in the form of a 1" diameter sphere of pure Force which streaks from your palm
    toward a target which attempted to harm you in the last round. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit the target. The orb deals 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 10d6) increasing to 1d8 points of damage per caster level (maximum 15d8) if the target is Evil aligned.

Special: You may ignore a Cleric's restrictions on casting aligned spells when casting this spell.

Spoiler: Restraining Order
    Show
    Restraining Order
    Abjuration
    Level: Protected 4
    Range: Up to 10 ft./level
    Area: Up to 10-ft.-radius/level emanation centered on you
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell functions as Repulsion except when you cast it you must name a number of creatures equal to your Wisdom modifier. Only these creatures, and Jormengand (who suffers a -4 penalty to their save), are affected by this casting of the spell.

Spoiler: Protection of the Gods
    Show
    Protection of the Gods
    Abjuration
    Level: Protected 5
    Casting Time: 1 immediate action
    Range: You
    Target: Personal
    Duration: 1 round

You gain immunity to all non-self inflicted harmful effects until the start of your next turn. Attacks automatically miss, you automatically save against all effects as if you had mettle and evasion, you are immune to all damage, even normally irresistible or infallible forms of harm are prevented absolutely until the beginning of your next turn.

Spoiler: Call Red Fel
    Show
    Call Red Fel
    Enchantment (Compulsion)/Evocation [Evil, Lawful, Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Protected 6
    Components: V, S
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Target: One living creature which attempted to harm you last turn
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

You invoke the power of Red Fel calling it through your body to strike down one creature that attempted you harm with madness. This functions as Insanity except you may only use it on a creature that attempted to harm you within the last round.

Special: You may ignore a Cleric's restrictions on casting aligned spells when casting this spell and it is not an evil act to cast it.

Spoiler: Call Dragon Protector
    Show
    Call Dragon Protector
    Conjuration (Summoning) [Chaotic, Evil]
    Level: Protected 8
    Casting Time: 1 full-round action
    Effect: One young adult plague dragon.
    Duration: 1 minute/caster level.

When you cast this spell a young adult plague dragon appears at the location you designate within range. You do not have control of this dragon, but it will act in whatever way it sees best as to protect you from immediate harm and will do nothing to impede your own actions unless you are acting under a Charm or Compulsion effect or are possessed.

The summoned plague dragon has the following stats:

Spoiler: Dragon Stats
    Show
    Young Adult Plague Dragon (gender unknown): Large Dragon (Water); HD: 17d12+68; hp 178; Init: +4; Spd: 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft; AC: 25 (-1 size, +16 natural), t 9, FF 25; BAB/Grp: +17/+27; Attack Bite +23 melee (2d6+6 and disease and Festering Wounds); Full Attack Bite +23 melee (2d6+6 and disease and Festering Wounds), 2 claws +20/+20 melee (1d8+3), 2 wings +20/+20 melee (1d6+3), and tail slap +20 melee (1d8+9); S/R: 10-ft/5-ft (10-ft with bite); SA: Breath Weapon, Diseased Saliva, Festering Wounds, Frightful Presence, Spellcasting; SQ: Blindsense 60 ft, damage reduction 5/magic, immunity to acid, disease, sleep, and paralysis, keen senses, SR 22, water breathing; Sv Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +11; Str 23, Dex 10, Con 19, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 12.

Skills: Bluff +6, Concentration +19, Intimidate +23, Knowledge (arcana) +21, Listen +21, Sense Motive +23, Spellcraft +23, Spot +21. Speaks Draconic and Common.

Feats: Ability Focus (Breath Weapon), Improved Initiative, Large and in ChargeDraco, Multiattack, Protection DevotionCC, Weapon Focus (Bite).

Breath Weapon: A 40-ft cone of disgusting, bacteria-ridden acidic sludge. This cone deals 10d4 acid damage and also deals 2 point of Constitution damage. A DC 24 Reflex save halves both, and a DC 24 Fort save is also required. On a successful Fort save the Con damage is further halved (or reduced to 0 if both saves are successful), but on a failure the creature becomes infected with Black Spit (see below).
    Spoiler: Black Spit
    Show
    Black Spit: The diseaseís name come from one of the more interesting symptoms, it colors the patientís saliva and phlegm an ashy black. As a warning to caretakers the disease seems to spread through bodily fluids. This is a supernatural disease.
    Incubation Period: 1d4+1 days; 1d4 hours via a plague dragonís breath weapon. Fort save DC: 22. Damage: 1d3 Constitution, and 1 Wisdom.

Diseased Saliva (Ex): The plague dragon's bite carries a particularly virulent, and fast acting, strain of Red Ache. The incubation period for this strain, when directly inflicted by the plague dragon, is 1d8+1 hours, otherwise it is 1 day. The Fort save DC, when directly inflicted, is 22, when not directly inflicted the DC is only 16 (1 higher than normal for Red Ache). Finally the damage is increased to 1d8 Strength damage.

Festering Wounds (Ex): Elements in the plague dragonís diseased saliva also prevents wounds from closing properly. Any creature that takes damage from the plague dragonís bite attack suffers an additional 1 damage per round until they receive at least 1 point of magical healing or someone performs a DC 20 heal check as a standard action to remove the chemicals.

Frightful Presence (Ex): The dragon can unsettle foes with its mere presence. The ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a radius of 180 feet are subject to the effect if they have fewer than 17 HD. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 19) remains immune to that dragonís frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Keen Senses (Ex): A dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Spellcasting: The plague dragon casts spells as a 1st level sorcerer. It can cast 5 0 level spells and 4 1st level spells each day and knows the following spells. 0 level: Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mending, and Prestidigitation. 1st: Mage Armor, and Protection from Evil.

Withstand Magic (Su): Any disease inflicted by the plague dragon is hard to remove even by magic. Any attempt to magically remove the disease, such as by the Remove Disease spell, is prevented unless the caster makes a successful Caster Level check (DC 22). A paladin using their Remove Disease spell-like ability gains a +5 to their Caster Level to remove the disease, and a unicorn gains a +10 to their caster level when using their racial Remove Disease spell-like ability. This affects any disease inflicted by the plague dragon even extraordinary ones, and those inflicted by it in an anti-magic field (this ability is negated in an anti-magic field, though, hence it is supernatural).

Special: You may ignore a Cleric's restrictions on casting aligned spells when casting this spell and it is not an evil act to cast it.

Protected Devotion
    The gods favor you with their protection.
    Benefit: Once per day as an immediate action, you can activate a protective aura. While it is active, you gain a +2 sacred (if your deity is good or neutral) or profane (if your deity is evil) bonus to AC. This bonus increases by 1 for every five character levels you possess (maximum +6 at 20th level). In addition you gain DR 1/- which also increases by 1 for every five character levels you possess (maximum DR 6/-). This effect lasts for 1 minute.
    Special: You can select this feat multiple times, gaining one additional daily use each time you take it.
    Special: If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead, you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each three daily turn or rebuke uses you expend.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-25 at 07:40 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I go away for a few hours, and what I find when I come back... concerns me a little. Guys, was "throwing the thread into chaos" honestly part of your plan? It seems that's what happens with most of these...
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Protected Domain (VirusInk)
    Oh my goodness that's beautiful. I nearly choked on my water because I was laughing at the names and descriptions. I think "Restraining Order" was my favorite!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    So, I go away for a few hours, and what I find when I come back... concerns me a little. Guys, was "throwing the thread into chaos" honestly part of your plan? It seems that's what happens with most of these...
    Plan? You think we have a plan??

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it does feel wrong to get between you and LP...
    But I'll always be here if you randomly want to do something psychotic like set a building on fire when LP says no.
    Meh, I'll take it. Should work out once LP is out of the picture.
    Which is why I won't drain her blood for a nice bath hug her.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Zaydos, stop making me nostalgic. It's creepy.

You don't want to know what happens when you say mine. Though it matters if you use the right voice or not.

Thou art a brave one.

Oh my goodness that's beautiful. I nearly choked on my water because I was laughing at the names and descriptions. I think "Restraining Order" was my favorite!
    Of course it was, it was the best of 'em. The dragon one might be a wee bit OP (should have been an age category younger).

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    I have two domains! I can be mine own Cleric, yessssss. I am the terror that trips in the night! The out-of-order elevator that makes Evil use the stairs! In the name of the plot-
    -snipped image-
    -I will punish you!

Unless you're into that sort of thing, of course. Then I'll make Snowbluff do it.
    1) I now picture you as Darkwing Duck.

2) Can I just take domains I made? I'm pretty sure then I'd have enough for several clerics.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Yes. Though the timing was off. Chaos and tribute gifs feed me. But the chaos must happen after I post a brew and before I start work on another. If I work through the chaos it is all wasted.

So yes. Chaos and

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

18. - Top - End - #168

Meh, I'll take it. Should work out once LP is out of the picture.

Which is why I won't drain her blood for a nice bath hug her.
    Oh, Snuff-a-Bloo. Your psychotic behavior doesn't bother me! I'm secretly a smidge unstable myself, but I'm just better at hiding it! I trick my foes into thinking I'm lovable first. Much for satisfying when you see their demise!

Though, I do appreciate the lack of hugs and I like to keep my blood in my body not in a bath tub.

You don't want to know what happens when you say mine. Though it matters if you use the right voice or not.
    Well now I'm curious.

Thou art a brave one.
    Thank you, Thank you. *bows*

Of course it was, it was the best of 'em. The dragon one might be a wee bit OP (should have been an age category younger).
    Welp, I'm not complaining!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, Snuff-a-Bloo. Your psychotic behavior doesn't bother me! I'm secretly a smidge unstable myself, but I'm just better at hiding it! I trick my foes into thinking I'm lovable first. Much for satisfying when you see their demise!

Though, I do appreciate the lack of hugs and I like to keep my blood in my body not in a bath tub.
    I know this wasn't directed at me but... it's supposed to be a secret?

Well now I'm curious.

Thank you, Thank you. *bows*

Welp, I'm not complaining!
    You're welcome, and I de-aged it. No longer an Adult (I mean it's a Young Adult but really that means pubescent teen and that's not the same thing), but should actually be balanced for use in an actual game instead of a CR 13 dragon (i.e. CR 15 creature) at Lv 15.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #170

I know this wasn't directed at me but... it's supposed to be a secret?
    Well, only to the people who don't pick up on it. And remember, I'm supposed to grow up to be Lawful Good like LP.

You're welcome, and I de-aged it. No longer an Adult (I mean it's a Young Adult but really that means pubescent teen and that's not the same thing), but should actually be balanced for use in an actual game instead of a CR 13 dragon (i.e. CR 15 creature) at Lv 15.
    Makes sense!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Clone Domain (kellbyb)
    This pleases me. I will now cast duplicative polymorph on it and pretend that it is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Moon View Post
    How many times, when the Fighter says "I draw my sword", did you just want to smack that cheating-optimizer in the face and say "No! You don't draw your sword! You draw Orcus!". When the Cleric says "I run away from Orcus!": "No! You run into Orcus! Rogue tries to hide? He hides behind Orcus! The bard in a tavern on the other side the town tries to order a drink? How about a nice frothy mug of Orcus?
    The clone Rudisplorker, doppelganger of Threadnaught.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, kiddo, that ain't the only thing.

Now, let's talk terms, hmm? Payment options aplenty, but services don't come cheap. If you want to cross the bridge, my sweet, you've got to pay the toll, take -

Sorry. I almost went Disney Evil there for a moment.

Now, just let me get your autograph here...

My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry. I almost went Disney Evil there for a moment.
    Cant have that, you have standards.

Oh you sneaky little.....
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

I don't trust that. I don't trust that one bit.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Cant have that, you have standards.
    OF COURSE HE CAN. ONE OF THOSE STANDARDS IS STYLE YOU FOOL BOY.

Quote Originally Posted by kellbyb View Post
    This pleases me. I will now cast duplicative polymorph on it and pretend that it is mine.
    Thank you. Though I do have to remind you, undead type and more than 36 HD makes it a little out of the range of that spell.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-25 at 09:02 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alternative Jormengand Devotion, inspired by his class in 30 minutes project:

Jormengand Devotion
    You posses the ability to craft entirely new spells in an incredibly short time.
    Prerequisite: ability to cast spells.
    Benefit: Once per day, you can research an entirely new spell in the space of thirty minutes, and immediately add it to your spell list. This spell must be roughly in line with the type of spells on your class spell list, and like all new spells must be approved by the DM. If you prepare spells, you may expend one spell of an equal or greater level than the new spell to immediately prepare the new spell. If you have a limited number of spells known or a fixed set of spells known, you must lose knowledge of one spell of an equal level to the new spell to use this feat.
    Special: If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead, you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each four daily turn or rebuke uses you expend.

...Probably broken.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

OF COURSE HE CAN. ONE OF THOSE STANDARDS IS STYLE YOU FOOL BOY.
    True, but do you want to get beaten because you got cocky? Cuz, as we all know, thats how that usually ends.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

True, but do you want to get beaten because you got cocky? Cuz, as we all know, thats how that usually ends.
    Yes, yes I do. That's how the story goes. It's better to lose with style than win with none. Makes a more entertaining narrative. And stops me from becoming Light in the second half of the series. Not that he didn't get cocky and lose, he just didn't have style after the first half.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #179

NecromancerGuy

I don't trust that. I don't trust that one bit.
    You poor, unfortunate soul.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

What I've done in these threads is nothing compared to the dragons. The dragons. Too many dragons.

I too have dove down the homebrew dragons rabbit hole.
    Mine were clumsy and overpowered though.

Though when we applied the Anthropomorphic template and allowed for aging was when it got really silly.
    We did it all "right" though. Was way back when Savage Species was new and all seemed less grim in the land of playable monsters.

Alas, those days are gone for 3.x.
    3.P on ghetto other hand...