New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Snowbluff Psychogrot IC

Pierrot High School, Capsberg, Capellia
    Homeroom
    Everyone

Heather stands at the podium at the front of the class room. She is a fellow student, and class president. Her hair is brown, long, and tied into a ponytail with a white bow. Her face is heart strong, with high cheekbones. Overall, she wears a professional outfit and outlook.

The usual suspects are sitting around as well. Framboise, the most alpha girl of the class, is sitting towards the front. She is a tall, impressive woman, with lovely golden curls. Next to her is her companion, Lily, who is thin and delicate, with a long black black in her hair. Behind them is the bespectacled Gary, literature club president, who has dark grey hair and is reading a good book.

Heather finishes arranging her notes. "May I have your attention, just a special announcement. We have a new transfer student." She waves in someone from outside. A tall nephilim woman with blonde hair and blue eyes and horns walks, wearing a school uniform from a Frontieran private school. A nephilim, and worse, a nephilim. "This is Abigail DeToundra," Heather introduces Abigail. Worse yet, judging from the name and light hair, an Alexandrian. Nephilim eye color match their horn type, but blue is also typical of an Alexandrian. The presence of an Alexandrian is jarring, even surprising. The relationship between those peopel and Capellia has cooled, but is still too chilly for some. "She will be joining our class for the year."

"A pleasure," Abigail says. She has a distinctive posh accent. "Thank you for welcoming me." She gives a slight bow.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Snowbluff Psychogrot IC

Melody stares deadpan at the new girl. She very deliberately reaches to the empty chair she usually keeps her backpack on and slides it back from the desk and clears it of her stuff. She's leaves the chair one quarter turn to the aisle to present the most welcoming placement possible.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Amber was sitting in the back of the classroom as usual. However, unlike usual, she was paying more attention to what was going on at the front of the classroom. There was a new girl, and Amber wanted to figure out what social clique she would end up in. Just don't be a new Framboise fan girl, she thought to herself.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cassidy Dunn

Cassidy gave a small wave to the new classmate, genuinely wishing her welcome. She was a bit curious about the new girl, but did not pay much heed to her being Alexandrian. After all, Cass was odd as well, right?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jericho

Sitting near the back of the class, Jericho kept his hands together and his lips sealed tight. He gave the new girl a quick once over through his specs, but didn't want to make eye contact with her just in case she thought about starting a conversation with him...
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Homeroom
    Everyone

The new girl tries to take a seat near the front, which is close to where Framboise is. "Don't even try it, neph. I wouldn't want any Alexandrian anywhere near me," Framboise says while casually while examining her nails.

"We always do what Framboise says," Lily tells Abigail placidly. "It's better for everyone is you stay in line."

"Uh, I don't get it, but okay," Abigail says, looking for a better spot. She sees Melody's actions, and Cassidy's wave and goes ahead and takes that see. "Thank you. However, I am confused by your invitiation, given the cold reception I have been receiving." She gives a respectful nod to Alex, a fellow nephilim. "I don't understand the circuitous methods of flagging me down. Though, I suppose that waving is the closest to a proper greeting I could have expected."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2018-06-28 at 12:23 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Oh, dearie! You just been talking to the wrong people. Don't mind Framboise and her git. They're nothing but privilege and dollars holding them up. You want quality people, stop being blinded by the bling. That's when you'll find us!" Melody gestures to her close friends.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

"You see, Abigail, some people int this world are satisfied being daddy's little brat, who blindly follow what i can only guess is their parent's prejudices." Amber adds to Melody's comment.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #9

BlueWizardGirl

"I just wanted to say hi if you sat somewhere else, but... Don't worry, most of us won't be like them." Cass hoped that people would stop getting hung up on Abigail's heritage soon enough.

10. - Top - End - #10

Jericho

Jericho nods to the other's statements, but only offers a quick, pale nod. That's the best he's got.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Homeroom
    Everyone

"I can't say I empathize," Abigail says. "Where I'm from, nephilim are treated better. This place sure is strange." Abigail scratches her head. "What's wrong with being affluent? My family is quite wealthy as well." She looks around at the group confused.

"Why are we here," Framboise asks Heather suddenly.

"Excuse me, what?" Heather asks, confused.

"The teacher isn't in, so we aren't doing anything. I have better things to be doing. We should just leave early," Framboise says, examining her nails.

"I agree with Framboise," Lily says, pushing up her glasses.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex

Alex simply listened to the class's reaction to the transfer student, while also thinking about her. So she's a nephilim too, hm? That raises the total in this class to two. Hearing his friends immediately try to make her feel welcome he smiled a bit. That's what they did with him too, made him feel welcome when others didn't or tried to avoid him... and they've been friends ever since.

"And even if others will listen to them, Melody will still keep throwing friendship at you. That's how she is." he said, nodding in the Melody's direction
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

"Abigail, I think it might be better to focus on the positives. make some friends who don't judge you before they know anything of substance about you, and ignore the unnecessary bit of fluff that thinks it's important." Amber says.

Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #14

BlueWizardGirl

"I think it's more that they like showing off, than anything about the money itself," Cass commented, as if being called a show-off wasn't an insult. Her family wasn't exactly poor either, just on the frugal side.
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2018-06-28 at 07:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"It's easy. Don't count on dollars to define you. In a nation where race is a factor find people who don't care about it. We don't watch your money or race to decide if we like you. That's all on you, ha!"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, let's move the topic along before we start sounding like a broken record. No need to dwell on these kinds of things too long." Amber said really not wanting to continue the current topic.

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Homeroom
    Everyone

Abigail laughs nervously, then pauses for a second. "No, still don't get it."

"Yeah, whatever," Framboise tells Heather. "I'm outta here. This is a waste of my time." Lily and Framboise leave early.

THAT EVENING
    Alternates

It's a lovely nice, with a pleasant breeze flowing through the air. The sky is cloudless, revealing a tapestry of stars in the sky. The alternates are hanging out or patrolling the cobblestone streets of the town.

Suddenly, all of them notice some spirit wolfs. These beasts can be dangerous. Someone should do something about the mysterious and incorporeal beasts. Especially before they eat anyone, or any of the innocent spirit sheep that are current destroying someone's lawn.

18. - Top - End - #18

Jericho

In his attempts to constantly find peace, Jericho was sitting on the roof of a local church doing his homework and listening to his music. He'd often come here for a quiet space to work on his projects or schoolwork. Tonight, however, it would seem fate was against him.

"Sigh... Why is it always me?" Jericho packs his bag and stands tall and straight, stretching out one hand as a powerful gust of wind begins to circle him. "I guess it's time for-"

Aegis

"-me to take over!" A taller, handsome man steps forth from the wind, a wide smile adorning his face, his outstretched hand skillfully gripping a blade. "Oh yes." He his eyes scout the area. "It's been so long since I've been able to walk around. That Jericho guy really doesn't like me much." He shrugs deviously. "Wonder why."

"Oh look! He left me something to play with!" Aegis spots the wolves and gleefully steps off the roof of the church, gently touching down onto the ground and making his way towards the group of enemies. "So good to stretch!"

Spoiler: Transform!
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

BlueWizardGirl

Cassidy Dunn, Earlier...

Cass had just barely finished her homework, books still open, when she looked out her window to see the city below. It's about that time, isn't it? An uncharacteristic smile stretched across the girl's face as she closed her book and stood, making her way to the roof of her building to be alone for what came next. Cass made sure she was unseen, quickly looking around as a glow already began to appear around her. As always, she felt safe, and beamed as the light overtook her...

Scorch

The black-clad woman patrols the city, her grey eyes beaming with glee. The wolves of the night are quickly apparent, as is the figure looking to enter the fray.

"Hello, Aegis!" she calls out, uncaring about ideas of stealth or subtlety. She begins approacing the wolves from the opposite side of Aegis. "You weren't about to hog the fun for yourself, were you?" As if on cue, Bob steps around a corner and into view from behind Scorch, ready to dutifully charge into the fray.
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2018-07-02 at 06:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"With One Thousand Lies, I call the Shadows.
    With One Thousand Lies, I abolish Light.
    With One Thousand Lies, I convene the Dark.
    With One Thousand Lies, I dance in the Night!"

tick tick ping

tick tick ping

The sleek figure of Jezabelle, attired as always like some voodoo witch doctor complete with skull mask and tophat, approaches with a comfortable saunter. "Hello, delicious ones! And hello, Scorch, Aegis! How ARE you doing?"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex Kennedy, Earlier

He was lying down on his bed. His homework was finished quite a long time ago and it felt as if time was crawling ever so slowly.

He was thinking about his parents, his family. They were doing their best to do things the regular way. The mundane way. They wanted to make him feel welcome. He still didn't know, despite doing it for some time, how to break news to them about his powers. Did they have that happen too? Is his alter ego going to combine and become one with his regular self eventually? Or is that something else and they would worry? Should he even tell them?

His eyes moved towards the cat-shaped cloak in his room, watching the pendulum tail waggle back and forth. If he remained in his room, he will just go crazy thinking about it and still won't be any closer to answer, at least not right now. He put on the hoodie and went downstairs before leaving the house, saying only that he will be coming home a bit later. It was time. Time to axcellerate.

Axcel

The figure wearing a dark pink cloak that seemed to shimmer and obscure his body jumped off a roof of nearby building before proceeding to run down the wall, jumping off at what he deemed a proper height and landing in the middle of ground with a flip, the energy from his body, especially his arms, invisible to regular people but pink to those nearby, trailed behind him. As he stood up from his crouch after landing, as some of the trail began to evaporate, the energy emission intensified before forming two glowing blades around his arms. "A party going on and I wasn't invited? Thought you guys had better taste than that."

22. - Top - End - #22

Aegis

Aegis waves casually at Scorch. "Me? Hog all the fun? Never." He said casually, rolling his eyes. He'd totally planned on hogging all the fun.

He eyes Scorch up and down, but his attention is quickly drawn to the approaching Jezabelle. "Oh, hello." A little lewdness creeping into his speech. "I do love it when you call me delicious." He winks playfully, but nods to Scorch to take a position to fight at the same time.

Upon Axcel arriving, he smiles charmingly. "Looks like we've got a full house. I do so hate sharing my fun." He chuckles as he takes a battle stance.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jezabelle cups Aegis' chin in her free hand, "Oh, sweetness, did you count on account of little old me?" She gives him a mock pout. "Poor thing, we are still missing one. Don't worry, we can get started" Jezabelle bumps her hip against Aegis before pulling her hand away, "when we're all present, lovey!"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Amber

She didn't have much motivation to do her homework, but how would she get people to listen if she didn't occasionally set a good example. Putting the books away she decided that she had enough for one evening and needed to let go.

Flare

Flare walks over to the gather crowd, "Looks like I running late tonight, were you all waiting for me to start the party?" She says. Sidling up to Aegis clearly putting on a layer of mock timidity, she continues, "How thoughtful of you, Surely you can share a bit of your fun with me, right?"

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #25

Aegis

Aegis considers grabbing Jez around the waist to "rebuff" her behavior, but as soon as he begins reaching he gets a side full of Flare. "Oh, dear. I'll share a bit of 'fun' with you any night." He winks slyly.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Flare

"Anytime you want to have some fun just let me know, handsome." Flare says giving Aegis a quick peck on the cheek.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Axcel

He shrugged with a smile at the antics of his group.

"I don't think our sex appeal is going to distract the wolves. Sure would work on anything else."

He grinned towards Flare. "Mind if I take you up on that offer, Flare?"

28. - Top - End - #28

BlueWizardGirl

Scorch

Scorch smiled behind her mask, happy to see her comrades getting along so well. "Don't leave me out," Scorch began, strutting over toward the group (careful to keep Bob between her and the oddly-sedate wolves). "We have plenty of time for fun tonight, after all." Anyone could hear the glee in Scorch's voice, though from what might be less clear.
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2018-07-06 at 05:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

His grin almost seemed to get bigger as he began to chuckle. "We wouldn't dare to leave you out, Scorch. You're one hot lady, after all."

30. - Top - End - #30

Aegis

"Anytime? That's a pretty bold offer, how abou-" He reflexively tightens an arm around Flare's waist when Axcel wants in on his action, but relaxes it a little immeditely. No reason to be touchy, after all. "Don't be a spoil sport, Ax. These wolves aren't going anywhere fast." He chuckled, because honestly they probably could go somewhere fast. Much faster than him, in fact.

"Leave you out?" He smirks at Scorch. "I wasn't under the impression you wanted in!" He winks and holds out his other arm.