New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default What Alignment is Johnny Bravo?

I know everyone likes a good alignment debate. Can anyone think of what alignment everyone's favourite Cartoon Network character might be? I can think of some good examples for anywhere from Lawful Good to Chaotic Neutral, and everything in between, so I'm curious if a consensus among forum-goers can be reached.

What are your thoughts?
    Order of the Stick Avatar done by the talented Kymme.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    The Half-Hamster template gives me advantageous size and ability score bonuses, and combos well with my inherited Elderberry Radiance (Ex). Which is more than I can say for you, you class-dipping CL-losing Evoker!
    I was eating THOSE BEANS!!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Alignment is Johnny Bravo?

I would say Chaotic Good. I mean he really is genuinely a nice guy, hes just an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

He thinks he's neutral good, but he's really chaotic neutral.

I was going to say that he's true neutral because creatures with an intelligence score of 1 are incapable of moral action and therefore default to neutral, but that joke doesn't work because he's clearly capable of speech and so has to have an intelligence of at least 3.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoa View Post
    everyone's favourite Cartoon Network character
    Samurai Jack is obviously lawful good.
    I'M NOT CRAZY!!

I just find sanity a rather dull affair

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by A Tad Insane View Post
    Samurai Jack is obviously lawful good.
    You clearly are a tad insane! Begone, for thou hast no right to tread upon these Sacred Lands of Bravo!

The Half-Hamster template gives me advantageous size and ability score bonuses, and combos well with my inherited Elderberry Radiance (Ex). Which is more than I can say for you, you class-dipping CL-losing Evoker!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Chaotic neutral if you ask me. Mainly because his stupidity leads him to be very unpredictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    "Just because the DM lets you break the game, doesn't mean the game is broken."
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    "My Patron is Steven Spielberg"
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    For some reason this feels really fitting; I got a mental image of a bunch of psions setting up a LAN party.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Yeah, he's chaotic neutral with some mild good leanings. In addition to being stupid, he's also fairly narcissistic; his instances of genuine selflessness are more deviations from the norm.

Semi-related, but Wikipedia says there was, at one point, plans for a live-action Johnny Bravo film starring Dwayne Johnson. I'm weirdly regretful that this abomination never came to pass.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2016-01-27 at 11:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

ElfWarriorGuy

You clearly are a tad insane! Begone, for thou hast no right to tread upon these Sacred Lands of Bravo!
    I do not tread. I water beetle!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

But in all seriousness, I would say Bravo's true neutral. I don't remember him ever willfully doing chaotic behavior because he wanted to fight the power. Though him doing chaotic behavior because he literally didn't know better's another story.
    I'M NOT CRAZY!!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I do not tread. I water beetle!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

But in all seriousness, I would say Bravo's true neutral. I don't remember him ever willfully doing chaotic behavior because he wanted to fight the power. Though him doing chaotic behavior because he literally didn't know better's another story.
    There's a difference? I thought when it came to chaotic behavior it didn't matter on the justifications? You know, because CHAOS.
    For some reason this feels really fitting; I got a mental image of a bunch of psions setting up a LAN party.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Indeed. Chaotic is not dependent on a willful disregard for outside authority. Johnny's not Chaotic because he intentionally fights the power, he's Chaotic because he does whatever he thinks feels good or whatever he wants at the moment without letting the power, or anything/anyone else, influence his decisions.

11. - Top - End - #11

BardGuy

I agree. I see him as C/N, with leanings toward good. He may complain a bit, but he does help out his friends when they're in trouble.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I would say he is flat out neutral stupid. He is basically out out for himself, with no malice or aid towards others. He thinks he is the best, when he is comically inept. I agree he leans chaotic, but his behavior is not all that impulsive or rash-he has a pretty predictable mode of operation. I disagree that doing whatever feels good or is good for you is inherently chaotic, but he does forgo almost any other input in decision making.

And deep down, neutral stupid often goes chaotic out of sheer ineptitude.
    Guides
    Monk dipping for pathfinder druids, a mini guide
    Trapped Under Ice-Geddy2112's guide to the Pathfinder Winter Witch
    I contributed to this awesome guide to chaotic good

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say CN. Not because he does whatever he wants but because he has a general utter disregard for societal authorities, only adopting a few personal ones. He doesn't care at all about society's rules.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Can anyone think of what alignment everyone's favourite Cartoon Network character might be?
    Obviously CN.
    "Really? The premature villain gloat? I'm a failure as a parent." - Loki, OotS #1012
    "The good news is that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing." - Blackwing, OotS #1020

15. - Top - End - #15

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Obviously CN.
    I change my opinion to what this guy is saying
    I'M NOT CRAZY!!

16. - Top - End - #16

I'm surprised there aren't more advocates for Good out there. I always saw his less-heroic actions to be a result of his lack of intelligence, not his lack of kindness, but maybe it's just been awhile since I've watched any episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Obviously CN.
    I change my opinion to what this guy is saying
    Very clever, very clever indeed....I didn't see that one coming.
    Last edited by Rakoa; 2016-01-28 at 03:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

I'm surprised there aren't more advocates for Good out there. I always saw his less-heroic actions to be a result of his lack of intelligence, not his lack of kindness, but maybe it's just been awhile since I've watched any episodes.
    The thing is there were episodes where he actively tried to harm Suzy and Carl because he found them mildly annoying/Carl was a nerd minding his own business. In the early episodes he veered more towards Evil than Good, being intentionally harmful to the closest things he had to friends, but characterization changed and he became too stupid to be evil and then too stupid to be good. Eventually he settled into 'will do good for the accolades and reward' and 'will occasionally do good for his friends' which are both actually Neutral, as opposed to Good, behaviors anyway. And dang I'm putting way too much thought into this for a character who wasn't even the best CN character (And things go boom in Dexter's Lab!).
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A lot of characters seemed to be in the neutral spectrum back then now that I think about it.

Dexter seemed to be true neutral (only focused on his achievements) or neutral good.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy seemed to go from CN, LN, and NE.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'd put Dexter at Lawful Neutral. Things have to be in order for him to function. We are talking about a kid whose day was ruined because he mispronounced his usual "Ah! What a fine day for science!" as he got out of bed. He does do heroic things, but he has that knack of doing things he can, but never asking if he should. And he has one heck of an ego issue, as seen in the TV Movie Dexter's Ego Trip. In which NOT being the one to save the world causes him to send killer robots through time after Dee Dee, because she was the one who did it. But he also defeated said robots when they arrived in the present because he thought they were after him.

Dee Dee, of course, is Chaotic Good. I mean, what else would she be? Kind, caring, utterly unpredictable. A little on the destructive side, though.

And now I have a tangent stuck in my mind. The Powerpuff Girls. I mean, Blossom is as Lawful Good as they come, but the other two... I'm not sure. I'm not even sure Buttercup is Good.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    I'd put Dexter at Lawful Neutral. Things have to be in order for him to function. We are talking about a kid whose day was ruined because he mispronounced his usual "Ah! What a fine day for science!" as he got out of bed. He does do heroic things, but he has that knack of doing things he can, but never asking if he should. And he has one heck of an ego issue, as seen in the TV Movie Dexter's Ego Trip. In which NOT being the one to save the world causes him to send killer robots through time after Dee Dee, because she was the one who did it. But he also defeated said robots when they arrived in the present because he thought they were after him.

Dee Dee, of course, is Chaotic Good. I mean, what else would she be? Kind, caring, utterly unpredictable. A little on the destructive side, though.

And now I have a tangent stuck in my mind. The Powerpuff Girls. I mean, Blossom is as Lawful Good as they come, but the other two... I'm not sure. I'm not even sure Buttercup is Good.
    Buttercup is good, she just pretends that she isn't. Blossom is probably more Chaotic Good
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2016-01-29 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Buttercup is good, she just pretends that she isn't.
    Agreed - Good doesn't mean automatically mean nice.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground

I know everyone likes a good alignment debate.
    Not sure if serious…

Can anyone think of what alignment everyone's favourite Cartoon Network character might be?
    Oh, sure! Steven Universe is Neutral Good, full stop!
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

23. - Top - End - #23

Agreed on Buttercup. She's as Good as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard
    Oh, sure! Steven Universe is Neutral Good, full stop!
    Okay, now you people are just getting ridiculous!! How can you like something that isn't even old and no longer in production?!?!?!
    Last edited by Rakoa; 2016-01-29 at 09:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post

DD is chaotic neutral at best. She can be nice, but she is often horrible to Dexter himself.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    DD is chaotic neutral at best. She can be nice, but she is often horrible to Dexter himself.
    They're siblings. If siblings aren't actively conspiring against each other, then it's time to be worried. But Dee Dee is often the one trying to dissuade Dexter from doing something crazy. When he does and it blows up in his face, usually in a very literal way, it is her duty as a big sister, after making sure he's okay, to mock him for it.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Excuse me, but this is the real and original Johnny Bravo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wR7ACcMRk
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

27. - Top - End - #27

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think of him as chaotic horny.
    Why be Evil when you can be Lawful?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

I would agree with the Chaotic Neutral crowd. He's self absorbed, and unpredictable.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Buttercup is good, she just pretends that she isn't. Blossom is probably more Chaotic Good
    Blossom? She's more lawful good if you ask me.