New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

Brew Mead of Poetry (Intoxicanter) (Illyahr)
    According to legend the gods made the original mead of poetry from the collected wisdom and eloquence of their entire kind, that it was a drink which contained the entirety of divine insight. While your mead lacks that deific wisdom it is still a drink to stir the soul to the celestial heights, and bring a eloquence to even the dullest tongue.
    Prerequisites: Medicinal Alcohol.
    Benefit: You may create Mead of Poetry. This is done as part of the same 1 hour distilling process as creating your medicinal alcohol (or a 1 hour distilling process of its own) and you may distill up to your character level in doses of Mead of Poetry, but each dose you distill costs you one distilled dose of either Medicinal Alcohol, Liquid Courage (or an ACF that replaces it), or Distilled Vitality. A creature which drinks a dose of Mead of Poetry gains a +2 morale bonus to Bardic Knowledge, Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Knowledge, and Perform checks for 1 minute per character level you possess, and the range of their Bardic Music abilities (if any) is increased by 50%. This moral bonus increases to +4 at 7th level, and +6 at 14th level. However Mead of Poetry is a heady drink imposing a penalty to Wisdom checks and Wisdom based skill checks equal to the bonus it grants and a penalty to Will saves equal to ½ the bonus. This penalty lasts as long twice as long as the bonus. If more Mead is drunk while the bonus is in effect the duration is reset, and the penalty lasts twice as long as the bonus did in total, if more Mead is drunk after the bonus has worn off the penalty’s remaining duration is added to the end of that from the second dose.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-05 at 05:08 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Awesome! It's the drink of choice on my own musical demiplane!
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Note to self add a bit of etchi to homebrew people like it better
    Because you can't spell Homebrew without 'H'.
    But seriously your Animeido is amazing.

I'm up for another, if you please.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Academics of the True Tongue – New Scholastic Aptitudes (Jormengand)

Lexicon Student: You must have Student of Names and at least 11 ranks of Truespeak to select this aptitude. When you take this scholastic aptitude you gain 3 utterances of the lexicon of the evolving mind, or 2 utterances of the lexicon of the crafted tool, or a single utterance of the lexicon of the perfected map. If you have 13 or less ranks in Truespeak these utterances must be 2nd level or lower if from Evolving Mind, 1st level if from Crafted Tool, and you may not select from Perfected Map. If you have 14-16 ranks they may be up to 3rd level from Evolving Mind, 2nd level from Crafted Tool, or 1st level from Perfected Map. If you have 17 to 19 ranks the max level for each increases by 1 (4/3/2), and if you have 20 or more ranks it increases by another 1.

Scholar of Names: You must have Student of Names and the Truename Research feat to select this ability. You research truenames at twice the normal rate and ½ the normal cost (3/4th as you have Truename Research, 7/8ths if you have a major library).

Scholar of True Speech You must have Student of Names to select this ability. You may apply your Knowledgeable bonus to Truespeak checks. In addition you may speak a the truename of a target within 60 ft to give them a +2 bonus to one of attack rolls, saving throws, AC, or skill and ability checks with a specific ability score, or a +10 ft increase to their speed for 5 rounds, or a -1 to any of those things (-5 ft speed). This functions like an utterance of the lexicon of the evolving mind and is subject to the Law of Resistance and the Law of Sequence.

See the Named: You must have Student of Names and either Scholar of Names or Scholar of True Speech to select this ability. This functions as the truenamer ability of the same name but you may use it multiple times, however if a creature successfully saves against this ability you cannot use it on that creature again for 1 day and it is subject to the Law of Resistance and Law of Sequence.

Speak Unto the Masses: You must have Student of Names and 15 ranks in Truespeak. You gain Speak Unto the Masses as the Truenamer ability of the same name and can use it with any pseudo-utterance provided by Scholastic Aptitudes.

Student of Names: Add Truespeak to your Scholar skill list. You may speak a creature’s truename to grant it the benefits of an Aid Another check except that you need not make the check to aid them and may do so from up to 60 ft away. To do so functions as an utterance (equivalent to a 1st level utterance) using your Scholar level as your truenamer level and is subject to the Rule of Resistance, and Rule of Sequence. If you have Name the Masses you may use it with this ability (you aid the same thing on all targets however).

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Oh, you can send me around as many times as you like, too.
    Same. More things to build an empire with, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm totally fine with being used as idea fodder an infinite number of times, too.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Yo Zaydos, You don't need my permission to use my persona as inspiration. Do whatever you want. If you want me to give you feedback about how I feel about something, I'll try to do so when I am not... In that state of mind... I sometimes wonder if a psychologist would find me interesting or extremely boring.

edit: also don't feel the need to make more stuff for me cause I posted, you do you.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-02-06 at 03:57 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, may I volunteer for this? Would you need any information before you could make something?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Mushroom Farmer - An Exaggerated Feat (caledscratcher)

Well nothing says Nintendo, to me at least, more than ol' Red Cap himself. Now emulating his abilities would just be a Mario thing, not so pacifistic. So instead a more backstage role, the Mushroom Farmer.

Mushroom Farmer [General]
    You thought those delicious mushrooms just appeared in blocks? I assure you they do not. No, someone grows them, and that someone is you. You know how to grow a variety of empowering mushrooms to help you and your allies on your journeys.
    Prerequisites: Profession (Farmer) 6 ranks, Least Exaggerated Skill (Profession Farmer).
    Benefits: 1/day you may plant a mushroom in 'fertile' soil (natural animal produced fertilizer, rotting logs, rotting animals), this mushroom takes 1 week to grow, and lasts up to 1 week once ripe or 3 days after being picked (if they have less than their post picked time left on the stem then they merely get the remainder of their on the stem period). Any creature which eats this mushroom grows a single size category (as if through an Enlarge Person spell, gaining merely +2 Str and -2 Dex as well as the benefits and penalties o being a larger size category) and gains 4 temporary hit points. This size increase lasts indefinitely until they lose all temporary hit points granted by eating the mushroom. One mushroom can grow in a diminutive or tiny sized object of 'fertile' soil, 2 in a small, 4 in a medium (or a 5 ft square), 8 in a large, 16 in a huge, 32 in a gargantuan, or 64 in a colossal. Whenever you grow a mushroom the DM secretly rolls a Profession (Farmer) check (you may not take 10 on this check unless you have Skill Mastery) with a DC of 20, if it fails the mushroom is a dreaded poison mushroom which inflicts 1d6 Constitution damage when eaten and 1 minute later (Fort save DC 15 to resist) and is completely indistinguishable from a normal mushroom.

If you have Lesser Exaggerated Farmer you may grow shrinking mushrooms. These function like your normal 'super' mushrooms except they reduce a creature by one size category (similar to Reduce Person) until the temp hp are lost. Planting a shrinking mushroom costs you your daily mushroom planting and still requires a check to ensure they are not poison. In addition the temporary hit points granted by your mushrooms increase to 8 and your mushrooms last 2 days longer on the stem and 1 day longer when picked.

If you have Greater Exaggerated Farmer you may grow green 'life' mushrooms. These mushrooms grant the eater a contingent healing effect when they would be reduced to below 0 hp. This healing effect takes place as damage is dealt effectively reducing it and potentially preventing death from the damage, as well as reducing it for the purposes of death by massive damage. The creature heals 1d4 damage per rank in Profession (Farmer) you possess when a 'life' shroom activates. You may only grow one 'life' shroom per week and it takes 1 of your daily mushroom plants. A 'life' shroom requires the same space as a normal 'super' mushroom, and has a chance of being poison, requiring a DC 30 Profession (Farmer) check to prevent toxicity and inflicting 1d8 Constitution damage (Fort save DC 20). As an additional benefit the temporary hp granted by your mushrooms increases to 12 and they last 2 days longer on the stem (11 now) and 1 day longer once picked (5 now).

If you have Storied Exaggerated Farmer you may grow 'giant' mushrooms. These mushrooms function much like the 'super' mushroom but magnified. The eater grows 3 size categories, gains DR 5/- and has all existing DR not granted by spells or items increased by 5, gains +12 Str and +7 natural armor, but a -6 to Dex. Like a 'super' mushroom these 'giant' last until the temp hp granted by them is expended but grant 3 times the normal temp hp. A giant mushroom requires 4 times the growing space as a 'super' mushroom and the DC to prevent toxicity is 40 and a poison one inflicts 2d6 Constitution damage (Fort DC 25). As an additional benefit the temp hp granted by your mushrooms increases to 15 (so 45 from 'giant'), they now last 2 weeks on the stem or 1 week once picked except giant mushrooms which last 3 days on the stem or 1 day once picked.

Normal: You cannot grow Alice in Wonderland Mushrooms.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh... Oh my god. Yes. I approve whole heatedly.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Awesome! It's the drink of choice on my own musical demiplane!
    Glad you enjoyed, was afraid that I'd made something similar for Socratov in one of the GiantITP Regulars as ... threads but couldn't find it. It'd not have been mechanically the same, though.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooPaladin View Post
    Because you can't spell Homebrew without 'H'.
    But seriously your Animeido is amazing.

I'm up for another, if you please.
    I guess you can't. Somewhere on my laptop I have an Exaggerated Skill from the 3rd Party Book that Must Not be Named because a (RL) friend asked me what it'd look like.

And yeah the Maid/Valet was surprisingly satisfying, except for the effort of writing out something vaguely resembling my thought processes (in the same way that a Lovecraftian entity which has skinned a person and is wearing them as a suit vaguely resembles that person). It took a class I felt had promise but was really unfocused (in Dungeon Delver's defense if you remove the examples the class took an hour to an hour and a half, most of it while AFB) and didn't make any fluff sense and turned it into something functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Same. More things to build an empire with, please.
    It may be a bit, I have exhausted my knowledge of Civ. Well... opinions on Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Yo Zaydos, You don't need my permission to use my persona as inspiration. Do whatever you want. If you want me to give you feedback about how I feel about something, I'll try to do so when I am not... In that state of mind... I sometimes wonder if a psychologist would find me interesting or extremely boring.

edit: also don't feel the need to make more stuff for me cause I posted, you do you.
    You're fairly easy, I mean the teleportation domain was originally going to be for you... well ok the PrC which goes along with it and the feats in some Regulars as PrCs before I stopped caring about doubling up on people. It's just trying to do it in a less than obvious way/a way that isn't just 'add teleportation'. Of course it's the challenge that makes things fun.

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    So, may I volunteer for this? Would you need any information before you could make something?
    Info always helps. But I have associations for you already (running + crafting especially crafting from bug spit).

Quote Originally Posted by caledscratcher View Post
    Oh... Oh my god. Yes. I approve whole heatedly.
    Glad you like it.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Im down for another run through.,...or 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

The Smith's Moon - A New Lunar Path (EdroGrimshell)

The horseshoe, a symbol of both the crescent moon and the smith's craft. A moonborn of the Smith's Moon is adept at the smith's arts, drawing lunar insight into the creation of all things and the work of their tools. It is the Lunar Path of the Craftsman and the Smith.

2nd Level: You may use your ranks in a single Craft skill for all Craft skills. You gain a bonus to all Craft checks equal to your Wisdom modifier + 1/2 your Moonborn class level.

5th Level: You gain Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Items as bonus feats. You may emulate any spell on the New Moon or Crescent Moon spell list of a level you may cast 1/day each for the purposes of crafting.

11th Level: You can craft immaculate items. An immaculate weapon gains a +1 bonus to hit and +2 to damage, this stacks with magical enhancements and the Masterwork quality. An immaculate armor increases its Max Dex by 1, reduces its Armor Check Penalty by 1, and gets a +1 to AC, and DR 1/- if light, 2/- if medium, or 3/- if heavy; this stacks with mithral, adamantine, Mw, and magical bonuses as appropriate. An immaculate tool grants a +4 to checks instead of a +2. All immaculate items may make saving throws as if they were magic with a +2 to all base saves, or a +2 to all base saves if they are in fact magic, they have double the normal hit points and a +2 to hardness and +5 to break DCs. Immaculate items are expensive, if possible they must be Mw and even then cost 10 times the normal Mw price (or normal price if Mw is impossible), 20 in the case of immaculate medium or heavy armor. It requires a DC 35 Craft check to make an immaculate item and an immaculate item loses its benefits if not cared for by a character capable of creating immaculate items for at least 1 hour a (lunar) month; if they go without maintenance it requires 1 day of work per month they were not maintained to regain their former benefits. In addition during the Crescent Moon you craft items at 10 times the normal rate (SP a day on such days).

14th Level: You may emulate spells not on the Crescent of New Moon spell lists as well as those of any level up to 8th but for the purposes of crafting magic items only. You craft magic items more quickly during the Crescent Moon, each day of crafting during such time equally 4 days during other periods. Finally you gain Forge Ring or Craft Rod as a bonus feat.

20th Level: Immaculate items you create are even more fine. They grant a +2 bonus to hit and +4 to damage if weapons. Immaculate armor increases its Max Dex by 2, reduce armor check penalties by 4, increases AC by 2, grant DR 3/- if medium or 5/- if heavy, and are considered one category lighter (to a minimum of light) whenever beneficial. An immaculate tool grants a +6 bonus to checks. All immaculate items you make have a base save of +5, or gain a +5 to their base saves if magic, have +5 hardness, and a +10 to break DCs (they do not gain yet further bonus hp). If these immaculate items are maintained by a character who can make normal immaculate items but not those of these qualities they revert to regular immaculate items until 1 day of work is spent per month they will ill-maintained. During the crescent moon you craft items at 100 times the normal rate (GP per day).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-06 at 02:19 PM.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd be happy to get another go, hmmmm... in addition to the previous stuff, I like MTG, mostly Red/Blue/Black stuff, and I dislike White/Green ideologies heavily. (Well, the lawful/natural stuff, at least. Improvements, freedom, and mutual help are wonderful when not enforced).
    LGBTA+itP

15. - Top - End - #105

It may be a bit, I have exhausted my knowledge of Civ. Well... opinions on Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri?
    I've never played it, but considering the fluff for info era tech I used in GMR 7, is that it's literally alien technology. I'm not opposed.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

16. - Top - End - #106

The Smith's Moon - A New Lunar Path (EdroGrimshell)

The horseshoe, a symbol of both the crescent moon and the smith's craft. A moonborn of the Smith's Moon is adept at the smith's arts, drawing lunar insight into the creation of all things and the work of their tools. It is the Lunar Path of the Craftsman and the Smith.

2nd Level: You may use your ranks in a single Craft skill for all Craft skills. You gain a bonus to all Craft checks equal to your Wisdom modifier + 1/2 your Moonborn class level.

5th Level: You gain Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Items as bonus feats. You may emulate any spell on the New Moon or Crescent Moon spell list of a level you may cast 1/day each for the purposes of crafting.

11th Level: You can craft immaculate items. An immaculate weapon gains a +1 bonus to hit and +2 to damage, this stacks with magical enhancements and the Masterwork quality. An immaculate armor increases its Max Dex by 1, reduces its Armor Check Penalty by 1, and gets a +1 to AC, and DR 1/- if light, 2/- if medium, or 3/- if heavy; this stacks with mithral, adamantine, Mw, and magical bonuses as appropriate. An immaculate tool grants a +4 to checks instead of a +2. All immaculate items may make saving throws as if they were magic with a +2 to all base saves, or a +2 to all base saves if they are in fact magic, they have double the normal hit points and a +2 to hardness and +5 to break DCs. Immaculate items are expensive, if possible they must be Mw and even then cost 10 times the normal Mw price (or normal price if Mw is impossible), 20 in the case of immaculate medium or heavy armor. It requires a DC 35 Craft check to make an immaculate item and an immaculate item loses its benefits if not cared for by a character capable of creating immaculate items for at least 1 hour a (lunar) month; if they go without maintenance it requires 1 day of work per month they were not maintained to regain their former benefits. In addition during the Crescent Moon you craft items at 10 times the normal rate (SP a day on such days).

14th Level: You may emulate spells not on the Crescent of New Moon spell lists as well as those of any level up to 8th but for the purposes of crafting magic items only. You craft magic items more quickly during the Crescent Moon, each day of crafting during such time equally 4 days during other periods. Finally you gain Forge Ring or Craft Rod as a bonus feat.

20th Level: Immaculate items you create are even more fine. They grant a +2 bonus to hit and +4 to damage if weapons. Immaculate armor increases its Max Dex by 2, reduce armor check penalties by 4, increases AC by 2, grant DR 3/- if medium or 5/- if heavy, and are considered one category lighter (to a minimum of light) whenever beneficial. An immaculate tool grants a +6 bonus to checks. All immaculate items you make have a base save of +5, or gain a +5 to their base saves if magic, have +5 hardness, and a +10 to break DCs (they do not gain yet further bonus hp). If these immaculate items are maintained by a character who can make normal immaculate items but not those of these qualities they revert to regular immaculate items until 1 day of work is spent per month they will ill-maintained. During the crescent moon you craft items at 100 times the normal rate (GP per day).
    This... is not what I was expecting, but I love it greatly. Crafting has always been a favorite aspect of games, as has botany, alchemy, and necromancy (though that's hardly represented on the boards).

My thing has always been mixing and matching what exists to try and come up with something interesting. It's how most of my experimental PrCs came about. And those really are all ideas for classes I'll be making in the future... hopefully.

Another is resource management. I love resource management games and campaigns, but they're so hard to get into or find in general.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    I'd be happy to get another go, hmmmm... in addition to the previous stuff, I like MTG, mostly Red/Blue/Black stuff, and I dislike White/Green ideologies heavily. (Well, the lawful/natural stuff, at least. Improvements, freedom, and mutual help are wonderful when not enforced).
    I'm a Simic fanboy -the fact that I made 2 Simic Classes might attest to that- myself but that has more to do with me being a Timmy who likes big green creatures and enjoying weird little fiddly things and Blue (I also love Izzet is less represented on the boards except by statements that 'I do want to make an Izzet class at some point'). That, though, is very much enforced improvements.

I've never played it, but considering the fluff for info era tech I used in GMR 7, is that it's literally alien technology. I'm not opposed.
    So Manifold/mindworm stuff wouldn't really be appropriate (it was a great game, better than Civ II the Test of Time at least, but I suspect it'd have trouble standing up to Civ IV and later).

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    This... is not what I was expecting, but I love it greatly. Crafting has always been a favorite aspect of games, as has botany, alchemy, and necromancy (though that's hardly represented on the boards).

My thing has always been mixing and matching what exists to try and come up with something interesting. It's how most of my experimental PrCs came about. And those really are all ideas for classes I'll be making in the future... hopefully.

Another is resource management. I love resource management games and campaigns, but they're so hard to get into or find in general.
    Well the surprise is part of the fun... wait what were you expecting? Also I feel I ought to plug Necrobotany here.

As for the next part, I vacillate between mix and match and new things. I mean in the end classes rarely end without something that's really theirs but at the same time pretty much all start as 'take X add Y now add y'.

For resource management. Well what exactly do you mean by resource management? I mean feats, skills, character building in general is resource management of a sort, vancian magic is resource management throughout the day, incarnum is sort of round by round resource management, but my guess is you mean more stuff like maintaining food/water for survival (which is a DC 10 check in 3.5, and the water is done with a lv 0 spell), kingdom building and managing those resources just sort of fall out of the purview of a standard game and as such it's hard to make classes built around it, and before you make other stuff built around it you need to build the subsystem. Then you need a special type of player to play it, and a DM willing to put in a lot of extra world-building.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #108

So Manifold/mindworm stuff wouldn't really be appropriate (it was a great game, better than Civ II the Test of Time at least, but I suspect it'd have trouble standing up to Civ IV and later)..
    Well if you want more info, you could always spectate on the GMR games.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

That teleportatiopn prc looks pretty interesting. Finally a teleportation prc for mages that isn't straight up worse than taking straight base class. Though it does suck that a sorc can't use teleportation circle until level 21.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #110

Well the surprise is part of the fun... wait what were you expecting? Also I feel I ought to plug Necrobotany here.

As for the next part, I vacillate between mix and match and new things. I mean in the end classes rarely end without something that's really theirs but at the same time pretty much all start as 'take X add Y now add y'.

For resource management. Well what exactly do you mean by resource management? I mean feats, skills, character building in general is resource management of a sort, vancian magic is resource management throughout the day, incarnum is sort of round by round resource management, but my guess is you mean more stuff like maintaining food/water for survival (which is a DC 10 check in 3.5, and the water is done with a lv 0 spell), kingdom building and managing those resources just sort of fall out of the purview of a standard game and as such it's hard to make classes built around it, and before you make other stuff built around it you need to build the subsystem. Then you need a special type of player to play it, and a DM willing to put in a lot of extra world-building.
    Main reason I wasn't expecting it was that I didn't give much info. I do love crafting and it shows on the boards, so I should have expected it from the start, but I was thinking more of Aberration, Symbionts, and Horror, since that was what I was originally (marginally) known for. As for Necrobotany... I actually had a character that referred to himself as a Necrobiologist. Was a lot of fun to play. His whole thing was that he created artificial organs for his undead that added utility and power to them. Another class I made is called the Amalgamist, it uses a 3rd party resource called Magical Crossbreeding (how the owlbear came to be), which is also a lot of fun and makes for a very interesting character.

True, and even mechanics are often mixed together concepts and ideas from other features to make something that seems new.

Have you ever heard of Feruchemy? It's a magic system from the Mistborn novels by Brandon Sanderson. It lets a person store up their physical, mental, and spiritual traits to tap into later for a boost. They can tap into it deeply (referred to as "compounding the charge") to get a greater bonus but using it up faster as a result. This is a system I love with a passion, and want to see implemented so badly in a Tabletop game, but it's next to impossible to balance for most Tabletop systems.

While Tabletop is a very resource management game, the thing is, once you have something, it's pretty much set until you upgrade. This is true even in incarnum, you rarely change the allocation of essentia unless it's for a specific purpose, such as investing into a Blink Shirt to teleport out of trouble. My kind of resource management is when you actually have to build up a reserve of something, then make sure you don't squander it needlessly. Whether this is because it's difficult to gather up or it inflicts a penalty (such as using up an action or a literal penalty to something), doesn't matter, but it's something you need to keep an eye on and gather up when you get the chance or you're gonna be left without a way to really fight later. That's the kind of resource management I like, something that actually matters when you use it and how you use it and can't just be put back the way it was before. You use it up and can't gather it mid battle without exposing yourself.

This also applies to the Amalgamist I mentioned earlier. You need to gather creatures, earn up gold, spend time researching, etc. and you might just lose it all if you make it wrong.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

might well as put my name for 3rd time and zaydos this time I provide gif and galery for main idea

links has nsfw content so open with caution while in work

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Multipermissions Expanded as Dual Discipline Maneuvers

So I decided to do something for fun. I took every multipermission I am aware of, and Edro since I'm not sure if he's supposed to be one or not and figured I'd ere on the side of yes, and made you all into a Dual Discipline maneuver. Some are a bit more of a stretch than others (self-avowed pacifist = Jumping through someone's body to emerge from someone else's as a means of escape), but I still hope you all enjoy. If I missed you it was by accident, or in thinking you hadn't given multipermission, and just point it out so I can add you to multipermission list.

Maneuvers are sorted alphabetically, by victim.

Spoiler: Maneuvers
    Show
    Black Wind of the Crow Court (Blackhawk)
    Edge of Apocalypse/Star Dream
    Level: 6th
    Prerequisites: 2 Edge of Apocalypse maneuvers, 1 Star Dream maneuver
    Initiation Action: Standard action.
    Range: 10 ft.
    Targets: Enemies within 10 ft
    Area: 10 ft emanation centered on yourself.
    Duration: 1 round.

The Court of Endings, the Crow Court comprises the feared assassins of the Winter Court who stories say shall exterminate the other fay in mass before the final closing of the world. Drawing upon the whispers of the end, your blade releases the Black Wind and mixing it with fay magic forms the rending talons of the Crow Court.

When you initiate this maneuver make a single melee attack roll and apply its results to all enemies within 10 ft. This attack deals +2d6 damage. In addition the black winds remain in the form of a murder of semi-real crows. These crows flutter around you, remaining in a 10 ft emanation centered on yourself until the beginning of your next turn. They flutter about making semi-real attacks at any foe who draws too close. They grant you concealment from creatures more than 5 ft away from you, inflict a -2 penalty to attack and AC of enemies within, cause any enemy within to be forced to make a DC 20 + Spell level Concentration check to successfully cast a spell, and deal damage equal to your Charisma modifier to any enemy which enters a square they cover this damage ignores Damage Reduction. At the beginning of your next turn these apocalyptic crows vanish.

You are summoning the physical echo of the apocalypse cast back in time by it and reshaping it with fay energy to form murderous quasi-real crows. This is a supernatural maneuver.

Body Jumper Dash (caledscratcher)
    Arcane Technique/Jeering Monkey (Dash) [Teleport]
    Level: 5th
    Prerequisites: 1 Arcane Technique maneuver and 1 Jeering Monkey maneuver
    Initiation Action: Move action.
    Range: Personal.
    Targets: You.

You move towards a creature diving through it and emerging from the body of another being still running.

When you initiate this maneuver you may move up to your speed. At any point in that movement you may dive through a creature, if that creature is unwilling you must make a melee touch attack to do so which provokes attacks of opportunity unless you succeed on a DC 20 Tumble check. If you succeed you emerge from any other creature you have line of sight to as a teleportation effect appearing in a square adjacent to it. If you have any movement left over you may continue moving from where you appear.

This is a Supernatural ability.

Dragon King’s Perfect Fire (Draconium)
    Desert Wind/Protean Hunter (Strike) [Fire]
    Level: 9th
    Prerequisites: 4 Desert Wind maneuvers, 3 Protean Shifter maneuvers
    Range: 60 ft.
    Area: 60-ft cone.
    Saving Throw: Reflex half.

You inhale deeply, your face twisting and shifting into a red dragon’s as your organs change to hold the might draconis fundamentalis from which a dragon’s breath is born.

With a roaring exhalation you belch forth a cone of fire as a breath weapon dealing 1d10 fire damage/IL in a 60-ft cone. Creatures within this cone are allowed a Reflex save (DC 19 + your Con or Wis) for ½ damage.

This is a supernatural maneuver. As this breath weapon has a recharge time of ‘until you refresh maneuvers’ it does not have a recharge time measured in rounds and cannot be affected by Metabreath Feats.

Grim Vine Burst (EdroGrimshell)
    Grown Blade/Shadow Hand (Strike)
    Level: 4th
    Prerequisites: 2 Grown Blade maneuvers, 1 Shadow Hand maneuver
    Range: 30 ft.
    Area: 30-ft line.
    Saving Throw: Reflex partial or Fort negates.
    Duration: 1 round (see text)

Striking the ground with you create a burst of deathly white vines which rise out and grasp at creatures draining them of their strength.

When you use this maneuver you strike against the ground, a wall, or other surface. The area of this effect must run along that surface in a straight line out to 30 ft (if it dead ends into a wall it will climb up the wall for its remaining length). Vines burst from the area entangling all creatures within it for 1 round. These vines are a pale, almost ghostly white, and draw strength from the creatures they entangle inflicting 4 Strength damage to all living creatures within the line. Any creature entangled by the vines may not move more than 5 ft from the vines. A Reflex save (DC 14 + Wis modifier) is allowed to avoid being entangled and to reduce the Strength damage to 2. The area of this effect remains difficult terrain due to the vines for 1 round.

Alternatively you may strike a creature. If you do so it takes normal damage as per a melee attack and must make a Fortitude save (DC 14 + Wis modifier). If it fails necrotic vines burst from its body dealing 4 Strength damage if it is a living creature and inflicting a -2 penalty to attack and AC for 1 round. A successful Fortitude save negates this completely.

This is a supernatural maneuver.

Spoiler: Backstory o.O
    Show
    The third Age of Wonder was the Age of Botanomancy. It is during this age that the elves created the Grown Blade. History still speaks, though, of the ending of this age, and the Necrobotanical War which ravaged the world when the first peanut dracolich was born and its teachings became twisted. While the elves fought their former mentor the art of necrobotany promised power and not all elves could resist its allure. To some it was simply fighting fire with fire, it was these elves who developed the Grim Vine Burst technique which combined the necromantic principles which exist within the art of Shadow Hand and the botanomantic principles of the Grown Blade to grow death with which to strike their enemies.

Pure Improvisation (Eldest)
    All (Boost)
    Level: 3rd
    Prerequisites: 1 maneuver from each of 4 different disciplines
    Initiation Action: Swift action.

In battle it is always important to think on your feet, the oldest techniques in battle were born on the battlefield and you can recreate them with a little effort.

When you use this maneuver select a 2nd level or lower maneuver (not stance) from any discipline you know at least 1 maneuver from; if it is a dual discipline maneuver you must know at least 1 maneuver from each of its disciplines. You instantly ready that maneuver and it is unexpended (you do not need to know this maneuver). This maneuver remains readied and known until you expend it, or 3 rounds pass.

Eldest Improvisation (Eldest)
    All (Boost)
    Level: 7th
    Prerequisites: 2 maneuvers from each of 4 different disciplines

The oldest acts of improvisation gave us many of the greatest foundational stones of the Sublime Way. You can rival these acts, replicating maneuvers on the fly.

When you use this maneuver select a 5th level or lower maneuver (not stance) from any discipline you know at least 1 maneuver from; if it is a dual discipline maneuver you must know at least 1 maneuver from each of its disciplines. You instantly ready that maneuver and it is unexpended (you do not need to know this maneuver). This maneuver remains readied and known until you expend it, or 3 rounds pass.

Wings of the Last Remnant (Eno Remnant)
    Devoted Spirit/Edge of Apocalypse (Boost) [Good]
    Prerequisites: 2 Devoted Spirit maneuvers and 2 Edge of Apocalypse maneuvers.
    Targets: Charisma modifier allies within range.

Not all echoes of the end are of destruction. Hope burns even at the last moment. You channel the courage of their last futile stand against oblivion, using it to empower your allies.

Wings of light shine from your back for a moment as hope swells in the hearts of you and your allies, a hope that dispels fear and bolsters them against Evil. When you use this boost select a number of creatures within range equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum 1), you may select yourself as one of these creatures. Each selected creature that is currently cowering, frightened, or panicked becomes merely shaken. In addition they gain a +2 morale bonus to saves against fear +1/4 IL you possess, and gain a bonus to damage against Evil creatures equal to 1/2 your Initiator Level.

White Phoenix Assault (illven)
    Desert Wind/White Raven [Fire]
    Prerequisites: 3 Desert Wind maneuvers, 2 White Raven maneuvers
    Targets: Allies within range.

You release a rallying cry, a shout filled with your ki, which seems to permeate and stir that of your allies working as a catalyst within them causing their own power to blaze forth in a white flame.

When you use this maneuver allies within range who can hear you deal +2d6 + (your) IL fire damage with melee attacks until the start of your next turn.

Song of Summer Nightmares (illyahr)
    Arcane Technique/Star Dream (Technique) [Mind-Affecting]
    Prerequisites: 2 Arcane Techniques maneuvers, 2 Star Dream maneuvers
    Range: 0 ft.
    Area: 60-ft radius emanation.
    Saving Throw: Will negates.
    Duration: 1 minute/IL.

Fey music plays through the air, beguiling the minds of those who hear it, leading them into bewitched hallucinations.

When you use this technique you create the bewitching music of the fey courts and you select one illusory image or hallucination for targets to see while they hear it. Any creature which is less fey than you, according to the hierarchy described below, that fails its Will save sees the illusion or the hallucination. If you selected an illusion it functions as a Silent Image, and any creature which interacts with it may make additional saves as normal for an illusion, but True Seeing has no effect because it is all in their head; all creatures see the same illusion. If you selected hallucination any creature that fails its Will save sees a series of feinting and assaulting images, suffering a -2 penalty to attack rolls and losing their Dex bonus to AC.

Either option lasts for as long as they hear the song and for 1d4+2 rounds thereafter. If you use this technique again or it becomes no longer readied (note an expended maneuver is still readied just not unexpended) any existing instance of this technique ends immediately although the image or hallucination lingers for 1d4+2 rounds in the minds of creatures that were listening.

While this maneuver is readied you may mark a creature with a fey sign granting it immunity to this maneuver when used by you for 24 hours before the mark loses efficacy.

As an arcane technique this is a supernatural maneuver.

Spoiler: Fey Hierarchy
    Show
    Least Fey
    Not a fey
    Honorary fey or fey blooded
    Fey blooded honorary fey or half-fey
    Common fey or honorary fey according to a noble fey.
    Low nobility
    Medium nobility
    High nobility
    Lord of a court.
    Most Fey

Spell Breaker Gaze (Jormengand)
    Devoted Spirit/Lunar Spirit (Stance) [Mind-Affecting, Fear]
    Level: 3rd
    Prerequisites: 1 Devoted Spirit maneuver, 1 Lunar Spirit maneuvers.
    Target: You.
    Duration: Stance.

Your eyes seem to bring dread with them to any who gather energy for a work of magic. Images of the sudden sword stabbed past defenses, the counterspell that shatters their working, flash through your foe’s minds causing them to hesitate and stutter at critical moments.

While in this stance any enemy which can see you within 20 ft must make a Concentration check (DC 18 + your Int or Cha modifier + Spell level) to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability. If they fail the attempt is wasted. This is a mind-affecting, fear effect and any save bonus (or penalty) specifically against fear (such as a halfling’s racial save bonus or the bonus for being near a paladin) applies to this skill check.

Dream Leash Blast (khadgar)
    Eldritch Rain/Star Dream [Blast, Compulsion, Mind-Affecting]
    Prerequisites: 2 Eldritch Rain maneuvers, 2 Star Dream maneuvers
    Range: 50 ft.
    Target: 1 creature.
    Saving Throw: Will partial.
    You release a bolt of energy which occludes the mind even as it burns the body. Tendrils of will weave into the foe through it, slowly burrowing through them only to seize control of their mind for a few brief moments.
    When you use this maneuver you may make a single ranged touch attack with a range of 50-ft, which deals 1d6 damage per initiator level. The target must then make a Will save. If they succeed nothing more happens. If they fail you may make them make a single move action during their next turn, this movement may not be innately damaging and may not provoke attacks of opportunity. In addition if they fail make a Bluff check opposed by their Sense Motive. If you win you can also make them use their standard action to take an attack action (you may not force a full attack) against a creature of your choosing other than themselves, or you can make them use their standard action to give you an item or object they hold (or draw while approaching or with their move action). This gives you no special knowledge of objects on their person or capabilities, and you cannot force them to use optional abilities with their attack (including Power Attack) except for Cleave; if they have the Cleave feat and their attack would trigger a bonus attack you may force them to use it.

Phoenix Shadow Incursion (Neophoenix0)
    Desert Wind/Shadow Hand (Strike) [Fire, Teleportation]
    Prerequisites: 2 Desert Wind maneuvers, 1 Shadow Hand maneuver
    Range: 50 ft.
    Target: You.
    Area: 10 ft radius burst centered on you.
    Saving Throw: Reflex half, see text.

Shadow consumes your form, shrinking down into a bird of darkness before flying forward and exploding forth in a wave of flames.

This functions as the Shadow Jaunt maneuver (ToB page 79) except that when you appear fire bursts from you, dealing 4d6+IL fire damage to all other creatures within 10 ft. A successful Reflex save (DC 15 + your Wis modifier) halves this fire damage.

Dream of Iron Rule (Red Fel)
    Devoted Spirit/Star Dream [Compulsion, Evil, Lawful, Mind-Affecting]
    Prerequisites: 4 Devoted Spirit maneuvers, 4 Star Dream maneuvers
    Range: Melee attack.
    Saving Throw: Will partial (see text).
    Duration: Permanent (see text).

Your blade strikes into the very heart of your foe, phasing through their body to strike at their soul, seeking to bind it to your will.

When you use this maneuver choose to attack your foe's mind or body. If you attack their body this maneuver simply deals +50 damage and is not considered mind-affecting or a compulsion.

If you attack their mind this maneuver still deals +50 damage and the target must make a Will save (DC 19 + Cha modifier). If they succeed the bonus damage is negated and it affects them as an ordinary attack would. If they fail and the damage would be sufficient to kill them then they take no damage but are affected as if by a Dominate Monster spell cast by you (CL = IL if necessary) with a permanent duration. If they succeed on a save against an order against their nature this effect ends immediately, as does offering them an obviously self-destructive order. This is not a spell and cannot be dispelled, however if they are subject to the effects of a Protection from Evil or similar spell for 24 hours it is broken, and a Limited Wish, Wish, or Miracle spell cast solely for this purpose can end it immediately, as does a Mage's Disjunction.

Eye of Judgment (VoodooPaladin)
    Crone’s Hex/Devoted Spirit [Fear, Mind-Affecting]
    Prerequisites: 1 Crone's Hex maneuver, 2 Devoted Spirit maneuvers
    Saving Throw: Will partial.

Glancing at a foe you instill within them the fear of more than mortal judgment, seeming to bear down upon them with all the might of a wrathful god, causing wounds to sprout across their body psychosomatically.

When you use this maneuver you must look into the eye of one creature within range which can see you, filling them with preternatural fear. If the target’s alignment differs from yours in at least one component, that target must make a Will save (DC 15 + Charisma modifier). If they fail they are frightened for 1 round and take 2d6 damage, this increases to 4d6 damage if they oppose your alignment on one axis or differ from it on both, and to 4d6 + ½ IL if they oppose it on both axes. If they succeed they are shaken for 1 round and take ½ damage. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-09 at 03:33 PM.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Black Wind of the Crow Court (Blackhawk)
    Edge of Apocalypse/Star Dream
    Level: 6th
    Prerequisites: 2 Edge of Apocalypse maneuvers, 1 Star Dream maneuver
    Range: 10 ft.
    Targets: Enemies within 10 ft
    Area: 10 ft emanation centered on yourself.

The Court of Endings, the Crow Court comprises the feared assassins of the Winter Court who stories say shall exterminate the other fay in mass before the final closing of the world. Drawing upon the whispers of the end, your blade releases the Black Wind and mixing it with fay magic forms the rending talons of the Crow Court.

When you initiate this maneuver make a single melee attack roll and apply its results to all enemies within 10 ft. This attack deals +2d6 damage. In addition the black winds remain in the form of a murder of semi-real crows. These crows flutter around you, remaining in a 10 ft emanation centered on yourself until the beginning of your next turn. They flutter about making semi-real attacks at any foe who draws too close. They grant you concealment from creatures more than 5 ft away from you, inflict a -2 penalty to attack and AC of enemies within, cause any enemy within to be forced to make a DC 20 + Spell level Concentration check to successfully cast a spell, and deal damage equal to your Charisma modifier to any enemy which enters a square they cover this damage ignores Damage Reduction. At the beginning of your next turn these apocalyptic crows vanish.

You are summoning the physical echo of the apocalypse cast back in time by it and reshaping it with fay energy to form murderous quasi-real crows. This is a supernatural maneuver.

WOOOO! Oh this Maneuver is just fun
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

Yay! This is perfect for a character for mine.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragon King’s Perfect Fire (Draconium)
    Desert Wind/Protean Hunter (Strike) [Fire]
    Prerequisites: 4 Desert Wind maneuvers, 3 Protean Shifter maneuvers
    Area: 60-ft cone.
    Saving Throw: Reflex half.

You inhale deeply, your face twisting and shifting into a red dragon’s as your organs change to hold the might draconis fundamentalis from which a dragon’s breath is born.

With a roaring exhalation you belch forth a cone of fire as a breath weapon dealing 1d10 fire damage/IL in a 60-ft cone. Creatures within this cone are allowed a Reflex save (DC 19 + your Con or Wis) for ½ damage.

This is a supernatural maneuver. As this breath weapon has a recharge time of ‘until you refresh maneuvers’ it does not have a recharge time measured in rounds and cannot be affected by Metabreath Feats.

Excellent. I shall immolate my enemies in the eternal hellfire of my breath!

Okay, seriously, I just love this one, if only for the flavor aspect of it. I mean, just the name is absolutely gorgeous. Even if the damage is fire, this seems amazing for clearing out hordes of small mooks that are constantly bugging you. Thank you, once again!
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

General news: I decided to try and run a pbp again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    WOOOO! Oh this Maneuver is just fun
    Thought you'd enjoy, apparently in my mind black hawk = crow/raven (I blame the avatar's crows? ravens? I have trouble telling those apart, I'd say the beak looks more raven slightly, but the samurai makes me think of Japanese crows although they're too small for that anyway).

Also I imagined that gif in Starfire's voice for some reason.

Yay! This is perfect for a character for mine.
    Suspicions confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post

Excellent. I shall immolate my enemies in the eternal hellfire of my breath!

Okay, seriously, I just love this one, if only for the flavor aspect of it. I mean, just the name is absolutely gorgeous. Even if the damage is fire, this seems amazing for clearing out hordes of small mooks that are constantly bugging you. Thank you, once again!
    A red dragon's breath has got to be fire. Besides it's good against tanari (100/45 damage on average depending upon save), white dragons (165/82 average), undead, constructs, it's just baatezu, red dragons, and balors who are likely to be immune at that level. I mean it won't match up to a single target strike against a single opponent but it's an AoE.

As added icing it is the same size and damage as an Ancient Red Dragon's fire breath at 20th (and a Very Old one's at 18th) so at least you have things to match epic CRed dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    might well as put my name for 3rd time and zaydos this time I provide gif and galery for main idea

links has nsfw content so open with caution while in work
    I already know more than enough about your fetishes. It's a fact though that in a PG 13 environment/family friendly brew there's only so much you can do with fetish material.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Song of Summer Nightmares (illyahr)
    Arcane Technique/Star Dream (Technique) [Mind-Affecting]
    Prerequisites: 2 Arcane Techniques maneuvers, 2 Star Dream maneuvers
    Range: 0 ft.
    Area: 60-ft radius emanation.
    Saving Throw: Will negates.
    Duration: 1 minute/IL.

Fey music plays through the air, beguiling the minds of those who hear it, leading them into bewitched hallucinations.

When you use this technique you create the bewitching music of the fey courts and you select one illusory image or hallucination for targets to see while they hear it. Any creature which is less fey than you, according to the hierarchy described below, that fails its Will save sees the illusion or the hallucination. If you selected an illusion it functions as a Silent Image, and any creature which interacts with it may make additional saves as normal for an illusion, but True Seeing has no effect because it is all in their head; all creatures see the same illusion. If you selected hallucination any creature that fails its Will save sees a series of feinting and assaulting images, suffering a -2 penalty to attack rolls and losing their Dex bonus to AC.

Either option lasts for as long as they hear the song and for 1d4+2 rounds thereafter. If you use this technique again or it becomes no longer readied (note an expended maneuver is still readied just not unexpended) any existing instance of this technique ends immediately although the image or hallucination lingers for 1d4+2 rounds in the minds of creatures that were listening.

While this maneuver is readied you may mark a creature with a fey sign granting it immunity to this maneuver when used by you for 24 hours before the mark loses efficacy.

As an arcane technique this is a supernatural maneuver.

Spoiler: Fey Hierarchy
    Show
    Least Fey
    Not a fey
    Honorary fey or fey blooded
    Fey blooded honorary fey or half-fey
    Common fey or honorary fey according to a noble fey.
    Low nobility
    Medium nobility
    High nobility
    Lord of a court.
    Most Fey
    It's...beautiful...
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Thought you'd enjoy, apparently in my mind black hawk = crow/raven (I blame the avatar's crows? ravens? I have trouble telling those apart, I'd say the beak looks more raven slightly, but the samurai makes me think of Japanese crows although they're too small for that anyway).

Also I imagined that gif in Starfire's voice for some reason.
    I believe they are Ravens, though i cant remember what my original request was. In any case i generally like Ravens/Crows and have made several characters whose primary theme is that.

Also its probably because she seemed to be acting more like Starfire than Raven.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Verses of the Phoenix - New Draconic Hymn verses (NeoPhoenix0)

Flux: Ranged attacks against you and allies suffer a 5% miss chance per Dragon Chorister level, in addition any effect which allows a Reflex save for half has a 5% chance per Dragon Chorister level of dealing no damage, or no damage on a successful save (like if they had Improved Evasion).

Hop: Teleport 5 ft per Dragon Chorister level at the beginning of your turn, you must have line of sight to the destination and if the square is occupied this effect fails entirely.

Shift: Teleport one creature per Dragon Chorister level 5 ft. All creatures must end up in unoccupied squares, and no creature may be teleported to a spot that cannot support their weight. Unwilling creatures are allowed a Will save to resist.

Warp: Teleport a willing creature, other than yourself, that is within 5 ft per 2 Dragon Chorister levels to another square within that range. You must have line of sight and line of effect with both squares. If the target square is occupied this ability fails unless it is occupied by a creature (other than yourself) that is willing to switch positions with the first creature.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Those are all both very powerful and kinda meh, This dragon chorister thing might be one of the most stable classes in terms of scaling with level.

Current avatar by me