New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

I just noticed. My summon bigger guns spell, isn't evil aligned.

Deliberate or accidental?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Oh, you naughty thing, you. I like this new Pact system of yours, and I really like the flavor of this. It fits so well - not an Evil Overlord in his own right, but rather an Evil Bureaucrat forwarding the cause of Evil Overlords everywhere, willing to cater even to those who aren't yet Evil Overlords. (Yet.) The powers are fantastic and entirely fitting - persuasion, knowledge, smug self-satisfaction and cosmically-recognized self-justification. Absolutely delicious.
    Thank you. I never did get around to making Abyssal Lors as ones, did make various non-archfiends but they were... poorly done.

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Great stuff Zaydos, and how did I not give a muli-permission for this? An oversight on my part I assure you. Permission granted.

Debby
    I'll add you to the OP might be a bit, though because things.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    ...I mean....BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!
    Yes, yes, blood for the blood god.

Also do you play 40k? Cuz those offering points are really reminding me of Khorne Daemonkin Blood Tithe points. Thats in a good way of course.
    Nope. Most of my info is just general osmosis and a vague 'it's probably close enough to the sillier bits of Michael Moorcock's stuff'.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I just noticed. My summon bigger guns spell, isn't evil aligned.

Deliberate or accidental?
    Deliberate. I mean you have to be Evil aligned to cast spells with a Thrall component anyway unless you manage to get a Vile feat without being Vile, but... well if I ever decide to stat out the Elder Race they'll be able to cast 'em without being evil or taking the feat.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Deliberate. I mean you have to be Evil aligned to cast spells with a Thrall component anyway unless you manage to get a Vile feat without being Vile, but... well if I ever decide to stat out the Elder Race they'll be able to cast 'em without being evil or taking the feat.
    You can be an Elan. Elan's are abberation's I think.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

You can be an Elan. Elan's are abberation's I think.
    They are. I'd forgotten I'd just allowed all aberrations to cast them. I suspected, I was just too lazy to check. My basic assumption was I had, I would eventually make an aberration PC race which could, or would make a feat to allow them to... though I need to add the evil tag to some of the khadgar spells (anything that directly causes taint is going to get tagged Evil).

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #155

They are.
    ELANS WITH PLASMA RIFLES!

Would monkey grip let me dual wield them?

(No I don't care it's probably a bad idea, that is just too much awesome to pass up.)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

ELANS WITH PLASMA RIFLES!

Would monkey grip let me dual wield them?

(No I don't care it's probably a bad idea, that is just too much awesome to pass up.)
    3.0 Monkey Grip - yes.

3.5 Monkey Grip - no.

3.0 let you wield 2 handed weapons 1 handed.

3.5 lets you wield weapons made for creatures 1 size category larger than you. So would allow halflings to wield them.

Current Projects:

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

strongarm bracers mic 139 should work. they let you wield weapons as if you are one size bigger which means you can dual wield weapons that are normally two-handed for you as long as you take a -2 penalty to hit in addition to dual wielding rules.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Put them on a guy who is good at dual wielding and you've got -4 or -6 to hit with range touch (so at least +4 on your worst attack) and 7 or 8 x 3d6 damage a burst. Of course it's probably not worth it at that point unless 1 the enemy doesn't have electricity resistance and 2 the enemy is somehow resistant to the dual-wielders attacks.

Now I wonder if you could make a Swift Hunter who used them.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #159
    Halfling in the Playground

Hey Zaydos would you mind making something about me? I'm a high school student and very into Theatre. I also game in my off time. I prefer RPG's onscreen and strategy games tabletop. I play Magic, where I mainly enjoy playfully aggravating opponents rather than "winning" in the traditional sense. I am not a fan of social norms and often go against them. I'm an ok singer and love acting. In D&D I like finding obscure material that allows me to gain an advantage.

I give permission. If you'd like more info just ask.

(Please tell me if I've committed a faux pas. I only glanced over the thread due to some time constraints on my part)
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2016-02-29 at 08:44 PM.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

This is really interesting. I guve my permission for...something. anything, really. You've gmed for me a couple times, you've rated my classes, you've seen my characters. But mostly I'm curious how other people see me.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Did I give permissions? I do if I didn't before.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have to wonder what, if anything, you could do with me, not only because I do 4e (yes, yes, stone the heretic; get it over with) but because most of what I do is GMing and/or back end stuff (tweaking the system in order to create a more balanced/functional/elegant system).
    4e Homebrew: Shadow Knight, Scout
    roll20: Kitru

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I now declare this thread re-open in full. I will hopefully get around to Beelzebub, spike, BoP, and ThePurple if they're still interested, or anyone else still interested.

That said I can't just go 'I re-open' this thread. I need to add some material. Otherwise it's just attention begging and necromancy, and not homebrewin'. So here we go...

New (Doomsayer) Invocation (caledscratcher)

Curse of Cooties
    Least Invocation
    Effective Level: 2nd
    School: Conjuration (summoning).
    Path: Cosmic, Plague (Malison).
    Casting Time: Standard action.
    Range: Close.
    Target: 1 creature.
    Duration: 1 round/caster level.
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial.
    Spell Resistance: Yes.
    Truename: Yes.

Your word calls to this plane, and magically empowers and enrages, a parasitic life form from the Realms of Madness known to only the greatest of sages, and the youngest of children, the creatures known as cooties. This spell summons a web-like mass of the writhing creatures, invisible to normal sight, except that of prepubescents (or those who can see invisibility); to such the horrible creatures look like some strange mixture of centipede, squid, painting, and malice. To successfully strike your target with this net requires a ranged touch attack roll. If you miss the cooties lacking a host instantly vanish. If you hit they instead begin to burrow into your target. Roll 1d8. On a 1 the cooties attack the target's joints; they suffer a -4 penalty to Dexterity and an additional -2 penalty to AC and Reflex saves for the duration; a successful Fortitude save halves these penalties. On a 2 the cooties attack the target's bones causing them to suffer a -4 penalty to Constitution and each type of damage reduction they possess (if any) is reduced by your caster level (max -10); a successful Fortitude save halves this Constitution penalty and the DR reduction (max -5 once halved). On a 3 the cooties attack the target's flesh dealing 1d6 + 1d6/5 caster levels damage per round. On a 4 the cooties attack the target's muscles causing the target to suffer a -4 penalty to Strength and an additional -1 penalty to attack and damage with melee and thrown weapons, a successful Fortitude save halves the strength penalty and negates the attack penalty (the damage penalty remains). On a 5 the cooties attack the target's eyes blinding them for the duration, a successful Fortitude save reduces this to merely being dazzled. On a 6 the cooties attack the target's very spirit causing the target to suffer a -4 penalty to Charisma and a -2 penalty to Caster Level for the duration, a successful Fortitude save halves these penalties. On a 7 the cooties attack the target's mind causing the target to suffer a -4 penalty to Intelligence and Wisdom and each round they must roll 1d6 on a 1 they attack the nearest creature to the best of their capabilities whether they are friend or foe (familiars count as part of their master for this purpose), a successful Fortitude save halves these penalties and negates the chance of random attacks. On an 8 the cooties attack the target's blood swimming in the blood stream causing them to be sickened, the target is allowed a Fortitude save each round and each round they succeed they are not only not sickened for that round but the spell's duration is reduced by 1.

The cooties do take time to borrow into the flesh of their target. However they are monstrous vermin from beyond the realms of sanity, fire does nothing to them, nor does acid or cold. If in the first round after they are struck by this effect the target is struck by force, electricity, or sonic effects which would deal damage equal to twice your caster level, the cooties are destroyed; area of effect abilities count their damage as double for this purpose and the damage can be resisted by energy resistance or immunity, but not by reflex saves (use pre-energy resistance but post reflex damage). Alternatively a creature may attempt to, as a full round action, scrape the cooties off the target, this requires a successful Reflex save with a DC 5 higher than the initial DC for this invocation.

Truename Effect: The cooties spread throughout the victim, roll twice and use both results (if both die have the same result the effects do not stack and this truename has no effect).

Invocation of the Anexichnai's Madness
    Greater Invocation
    Effective Level: 4th.
    School: Enchantment (Compulsion).
    Path: Cosmic.
    Range: Close.
    Duration: Up to 1 round/caster level.
    Saving Throw: Will Negates.
    Truename: Yes.

You utter a simple riddle or question in truespeak, letting it drift into your target's mind and take root there. The target must make a Will save, if they fail they become infected with the riddle. The target becomes unable to take any actions other than standard actions to attempt an Intelligence check (DC 10 + your Charisma to a maximum DC of 20) to solve the riddle or move up to half their speed as a move action. If the target succeeds on their Intelligence check they may then act normally and the spell ends. If a creature has less than 1/2 as many hit points at the beginning of their turn as they had at the end of their previous turn they may attempt another Will save at a +2 bonus against this effect. A creature under this effect is not helpless, and is not denied their Dexterity bonus to AC (although they may not use immediate actions to defend themselves).
    Truename Effect: With a riddle designed especially for the target it is harder to solve, the Intelligence check required is DC 15 + your Charisma modifier to a maximum DC of 30.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-08-28 at 11:51 PM.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yeah, I'm still interested in this. Still curious.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I give permission.

As a little glimpse into my personality: I'm training to be a paramedic, I love the concept of the gish and gigantic swords, I'm a pretty patient guy, and I make very impulsive last minute decisions.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Yeah, I'm still interested in this. Still curious.
    I blame the Juicer.

New Distilling Feats (Beelzebub1111)

Brew Dullahan Stout (Intoxicanter)
    Dullahan Stout is considered a heavy drink even by dwarves, and the best drink by orcs. Of course only a master brewer can make true Dullahan Stout, and that dark ale is a drink of blood and madness. Heavy of taste, and heavier of impact a single mug is enough to drive even hardened warriors to blood madness.
    Prerequisites: Liquid Courage class feature.
    Benefits: You may create Dullahan Stout. This is done as part of the same 1 hour distilling process as creating your medicinal alcohol (or a 1 hour distilling process of its own) and you may distill up to your character level in doses of Dullahan Stout, but each dose you distill costs you one distilled dose of either Medicinal Alcohol, Liquid Courage (or an ACF that replaces it), or Distilled Vitality. A creature which drinks a dose of Dullahan Stout enters a form of madness for 1 minute per 4 character levels you possess even as a red ring of flushed skin seems to form around their throat like the scar from a hangman's noose. They lose all sense of pain, gaining immunity to effects based purely on pain, and are prone to recklessness. During this duration they gain a +4 untyped bonus to Constitution, but are not aware of the exact amount of damage they receive (a DM should keep track in secret telling the PC if it would knock them out) only having vague awareness (less than or greater than one half, one fourth, or three fourths). The war-like madness means they gain immunity to fear, and any fear effect currently affecting them is suppressed, a +2 morale bonus to all Will saves, and attack and melee damage, this bonus increases by +1 for attacks made with a Spinal Blade or by +2 for such attacks if your character level is 16 or higher, but suffer a -8 penalty to Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based skill checks other than Intimidate. In addition the madness in their eyes is frightening to behold granting them a +6 alchemical bonus to intimidate checks. All these effects last for only duration of that madness (at the end of which the player becomes aware of their current hp total once more). A creature is allowed a Fort save (DC 10 + 1/2 character level + Cha modifier) to resist these effects if it so chooses (on a success it ignores both benefits an penalties); saving throw bonuses against poison, or poison immunity, apply to Dullahan Stout, although a living creature with poison immunity can choose to allow the drink to affect them. Like Medicinal Alcohols, Dullahan Stout loses its potency 24 hours after its creation. Drinking a dose of Dullahan Stout is considered the same kind of action as drinking potion, or it may be used as part of a Drunken Master’s Drink like a Demon ability (in which case they gain its effects in addition to the effects of that ability).

Refine 'Juice' (Intoxicanter)
    Not all intoxicants are good for you, and some drinks have dangerous poisons in trace amounts, but you have taken it a step further, you have learned how to refine a poison down to its essential essence.
    Prerequisites: Medicinal Alcohol class feature, Craft (Poisonmaking) 9 ranks.
    Benefit: You may refine poisons. This is done as part of the same 1 hour distilling process as creating your medicinal alcohol (or a 1 hour distilling process of its own) and you may refine up to your character level in doses of poisons, but each dose you refine costs you one distilled dose of either Medicinal Alcohol, Liquid Courage (or an ACF that replaces it), or Distilled Vitality. Like a drink created through one of an intoxicanter's distillation abilities a poison refined this way only maintains this increased lethality for 24 hours, after which point it becomes an ordinary poison. Refined poisons have their initial and secondary damage increased by 1 die size, if one of these does not deal ability damage or drain, or hit point damage, and thus does not have die sizes of damage it gains 1d2 Con damage. In addition the saving throw DC to resist the poison is increased by +4 if it only deals Str, Dex, Int, Wis, and/or Cha damage and has no other effect, or +2 if it deals Constitution damage or has other more exotic effects, to a maximum of 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Charisma modifier.

Tarocchi Pop (Intoxicanter)
    Sometimes one adventures with small children, or sometimes one simply needs to serve them something, and for some reason the moral guardians of the world frown upon serving children alcoholic intoxicants. For those cases Intoxicanters have created tarocchi pop. Replacing alcohol with unhealthy doses of caffeine and sugar it is all but guaranteed to send children jumping off the walls and straight into monsters. Tied with the ancient and mysterious magic of the tarot, it can provide a variety of effects which even the creator cannot foresee until they are made. Flavor varies by arcana.
    Prerequisites: Knowledge (arcana) 7 ranks, Medicinal Alcohol.
    Benefit: You may create Tarocchi Pop. This is done as part of the same 1 hour distilling process as creating your medicinal alcohol (or a 1 hour distilling process of its own) and you may distill up to your character level in doses of Tarocchi Pop, but each dose you distill costs you one distilled dose of either Medicinal Alcohol, Liquid Courage (or an ACF that replaces it), or Distilled Vitality. When you create Tarocchi Pop roll 1d12 for each dose made, this determines what flavor has been created. On a 1 it is Magician, and drinking it grants the imbiber a +1 to Caster Level for all spells and spell-like abilities for 1 minute/2 character levels you possess; if they are a Magical Girl with the Magician aspect this bonus is increased to +2 and they gain a +1 to the save DCs of Evocation spell-like abilities granted by that class. On a 2 it is the High Priestess, and any creature drinking it heals 2d6 hp +1d6 hp per character level you possess; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the High Priestess aspect their Healing Touch pool is refilled by an amount equal to the amount your Medicinal Alcohol would heal. On a 3 it is the Chariot, and any creature drinking it gains a +2 morale bonus to attack and (weapon) damage for 1 minute/2 character levels you possess, and a +2 dodge bonus to AC; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Chariot aspect the morale bonus to attack and damage is increased by +1. On a 4 it is Strength and any creature drinking it gains a +4 morale bonus to Strength for 1 minute/2 character levels you possess and their carrying capacity is doubled for 10 times that duration; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Strength aspect they may treat a medium or heavy load as if it were a light load for the duration. On a 5 it is Temperance and it gives you wings, literally granting the imbiber wings of luminous energy which provide light as a torch and allow flight at their land speed with good maneuverability for 1 minute/2 character levels; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Temperance aspect it instead gives them a +20-ft enhancement to their fly speed, a +2 dodge bonus to AC, and a +2 morale bonus to Reflex saves when flying. On a 6 it is the Wheel of Fortune, for 1 minute/2 character levels each round the imbiber rolls 1d4-1 and gains a morale bonus to attack rolls, saving throws, skill and ability checks, and an equal dodge bonus to AC for 1 round, if your character level is 15 this increases to 1d6-1; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Wheel of Fortune aspect they do not suffer a -1 on the roll gaining a 1d4 (or 1d6) bonus instead. On a 7 it is the Sun and the drinker gains the ability to Turn Undead as a cleric of your character level (but using their Charisma) once during the next 10 minutes/2 character levels you possess; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Sun aspect undead which would be turned are destroyed instead. On an 8 it is the Star and the imbiber gains the benefits of the haste for 1 round/character level you possess; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Star aspect they also regain 2 uses of the Star aspect ability. On a 9 it is the Moon and the imbiber gains a luck bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks equal to 1/2 your character level for 1 minute/2 character levels you possess; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Moon aspect they also gain a +1 luck bonus to all other skill and ability checks, as well as attack rolls, AC, and saving throws. On a 10 it is the Hierophant and the imbiber gains a +1/4 character levels you possess resistance bonus to saving throws and a deflection bonus to AC against attacks and effects of evil creatures (if you are Good or Neutral) or good creatures (if you are Evil), Spell Resistance 10 + your character level against spells (and spell-like abilities) of evil creatures (if you are Good or Neutral) or good creatures (if you are Evil), and if you are good or neutral any evil creature which successfully strikes them in melee must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Cha modifier) or be blinded until the start of their next turn, if you are evil any good creature which successfully strikes them in melee must make a Fortitude save or be nauseated and sickened until the start of their next turn, these benefits last 1 round/character level you possess; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Hierophant Grand Destiny they gain a +2 to caster level of the spell like abilities it grants them for this duration. On an 11 it is the Empress and the imbiber gains a +4 morale bonus to Charisma, and an additional +4 morale bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, and Intimidate for 1 minute/2 character levels; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Empress Grand Destiny these bonuses are increased to +6. On a 12 it is the Lovers and the imbiber gains a dodge bonus to AC and morale bonus to saving throws equal to the number of allies adjacent to them for 1 minute/2 character levels you possess; if the imbiber is a Magical Girl with the Lovers Grand Destiny they share this benefit equally with their mentor and they and their mentor are always considered adjacent to each other for its effects. Drinking a dose of Tarocchi Pop is considered the same kind of action as drinking potion, or it may be used as part of a Drunken Master’s Drink like a Demon ability (in which case they gain its effects in addition to the effects of that ability).

*pants* That last one was more than initially expected.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-08-31 at 02:24 PM.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

WOW! I really like these. I can imagine a series of Japanese commercials for each variety of Tarocchi pop (or "たろちPOP!" as I imagine the syntax on the can) where a girl is attacked by a monster, she drinks the soda and turns into a magical girl related to the soda she drinks, like a Super Pink Mentos advertisement. Although It might be easier to read as a table than a really long thing. The Dullahan Stout has a really interesting flavor to it (pun intended) and I could see an adventure based on a Chaotic Evil intoxicanter of erythnul spreading around that drink in a slum to incite violence in the name of his god. As for the refined "Juice" it seems like a logical conclusion of distilling alcohol, to distill poisons. I like how they have synergy well with the other classes while not being worthless without them.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PapaQuackers View Post
    I give permission.

As a little glimpse into my personality: I'm training to be a paramedic, I love the concept of the gish and gigantic swords, I'm a pretty patient guy, and I make very impulsive last minute decisions.
    New Freelancer "Forbidden" Job (PapaQuackers)

Knight of Shivery (Water Crystal Job)

In theory a Freelancer when entering a Job is emulating another, or at least an archetype, but no one is sure exactly what a Knight of Shivery is supposed to be. Skilled in the use of a variety of swords, of the slashing variety primarily, and ice magic one must wonder due to their propensity to dress as penguins. Coupled with claims to follow the Code of Shivery, which even Freelancers who favor the role of Knight of Shivery cannot quite explain except that it demands ice themed puns, many simply dismiss them as insane. Still some sages claim they are emulating a now lost race of proud warrior penguins. Some go yet further indicating these penguins degenerated into blind, albino, cave penguins after losing a war with an ancient race from the antediluvian era. Many dismiss these sages, as well, as being insane.

Spoiler
    Show

Difficulty: This is just silly. I mean you gain penguin based powers. In addition it combines full progression magic, but with the weakness of always being ice themed though arguably wider afield in effect than Black or White Magic, with medium BAB (le gasp). However it lacks most traditional magic boosting passives of other magic using classes. Also did I mention it's just silly?

Command - Ice Arts

You gain access to the Ice Arts command. While primarily occupied with the 8 grades of Ice Magic it has certain abilities which are not Ice Magic. You may only use Ice Arts (including Ice Magic) if you are holding a weapon which is included in Grand Sword Proficiencies in at least one hand, these weapons will be called grand swords in the rest of this Job's description (except where the proficiencies are).

Ice Magic itself is a new form of Color Magic and follows the normal rules therein.

1st:
    Ice Magic 1: You gain access to grade 1 Ice Magic spells. Ice Magic spells are the same list as Black and White Magic spells of the same grade. You may cast Ice Magic spells without suffering spell failure when wearing any armor you are proficient in.

2nd:
    Ice Magic 2: You gain access to grade 2 Ice Magic spells.

Icy Rebuke (Su): As a standard action you may pay MP up to twice your Job level to make a single attack with a grand sword which deals +1d6 cold damage per MP spent.

3rd:
    Ice Magic 3: You gain access to grade 3 Ice Magic spells.

4th:
    Gelid Strike (Su): When you use Ice Blow for at least 5d6 damage you may pay an additional 1 MP to add 1d6 Dexterity damage to the effect, or 4 MP to add 2d6 Dexterity damage. A creature that is immune to cold is immune to Dexterity damage from this effect.

Cold Shoulder (Su): As an immediate action you may pay up to your job level in MP to gain a cover bonus to your AC or Reflex save equal to twice the MP spent against one attack or effect requiring a reflex save; if the attack or effect deals fire damage this bonus is halved (to equal the MP spent). You create a wall of ice which serves to intercept the attack.

5th:
    Ice Magic 4: You gain access to grade 4 Ice Magic spells.

6th:
    Grand Cold Shoulder (Su): This ability functions as ice shield but you may choose to have the shield rise up around one or more allies as well or instead of yourself. Each ally must be within range of your (aura) and you must pay 1 additional MP for each target beyond the first and 1 additional MP for every 10 ft away from you the furthest away target is.

Ice Magic 5: You gain access to grade 5 Ice Magic spells.

7th:
    Ice Magic 6: You gain access to grade 6 Ice Magic spells.

8th:
    Absolute Zero Slash: As a standard action you may make a single melee attack and pay an amount of MP equal to your target's hit dice. If you hit they must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + Job level + Charisma modifier) or take cold damage equal to their maximum hit points (cold resistance and immunity apply), if they succeed they take cold damage equ.

Ice Magic 7: You gain access to grade 7 Ice Magic spells.

9th:
    Ice Magic 8: You gain access to grade 8 Ice Magic spells.

10th:
    Freeze Time: You gain the ultimate Ice Magic spell Freeze Time.

Inherent Abilities:
    Combat Skill
    Perfected Fortitude
    Job HP Bonus: +2 hp/job level.
    Grand Sword Proficiencies: Bastard Sword, Butterfly Sword, Elven Courtblade, Elven Thinblade, Falchion, Fullblade, Greatsword, Jovar, Khopesh, Longsword, Mercurial Greatsword, Mercurial Longsword, Scimitar, and Straightblade.
    Medium Armor Proficiency.

Acolyte of the Tonberry Passive Abilities:

1st level:
    Armor of Shivery (Su): Any armor you don metamorphs into a form of penguin-themed costumed armor for as long as you wear it. It retains its base material properties (chain shirt is still metal, hide is still a bunch of skins), any enchantments or masterwork (dwarvencraft, etc) property it might possess (+4 Ghost Touch armor retains +4 Ghost Touch), and its weight class (light armor is still light, heavy is still heavy), but except for those properties it is completely unrelated to the base armor (padded or leather is identical, full plate or half plate is identical).

The table below shows this armor's basic properties based upon weight class. In addition to normal armor traits Armor of Shivery grants the wearer cold resistance (shown on the table below), and a +2 bonus on Swim checks. The Armor Check Penalty from Armor of Shivery never applies to Swim checks.

[table: "class = alt2 head"][tr][th]Class[/th][th]Armor Bonus[/th][th]Max Dex Bonus[/th][th]Armor Check Penalty[/th][th]Arcane Spell Failure[/th][th]Weight[/th][th]Cold Resistance[/th][/tr]
    [tr][td]Light[/td][td]+4[/td][td]+5[/td][td]+0[/td][td]10%[/td][td]15 lb[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Medium[/td][td]+6[/td][td]+4[/td][td]-2[/td][td]20%[/td][td]25 lb[/td][td]10[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Heavy[/td][td]+9[/td][td]+3[/td][td]-4[/td][td]25%[/td][td]40 lb[/td][td]15[/td][/tr][/table]

For example Mithral Full Plate (+8 armor, +3 Max Dex, -3 ACP, 25% spell failure, 25 lb, counts as medium) would become Mithral Heavy Armor of Shivery (+9 armor, +5 Max Dex, -1 ACP, 15% spell failure, 20 lb, grants 15 cold resistance and +2 to swim, counts as medium armor).

Costs 4 slots to equip.

Cold Endurance: You gain Cold Endurance (Frostburn) as a bonus feat. Costs 2 slots.

2nd level:

Combat Skill.

Cold Resistance (Ex): Gain cold resistance 5 increasing to 10 at 5th, 20 at 7th, and 30 at 10th. Costs 2 slots.

3rd level:

Arctic Swimmer: You gain a swim speed equal to your land speed and are not at risk of hypothermia due to swimming (though if the water is cold enough on its own you may still take cold damage). Costs 3 slots.

Perfect Fortitude.

4th level:

Job HP Bonus: +2 hp/Job level.

Keep it Chill: You gain a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, this increases to +5 against fear and emotion based effects. Costs 3 slots.

5th level:

Cold Open (Su): When striking a flat-footed creature you deal additional cold damage equal to your job level. Costs 2 slots.

Frost Movement (Ex): You do not suffer a penalty to Str or Dex based skill checks due to icy terrain, nor do you need to make balance checks due to ice. You may move at full speed over ice and snow. Costs 3 slots.

6th level:

Icy Stare: Creatures able to see your face suffer a -4 penalty to Bluff and Intimidate checks made against you. Costs 1 slot.

7th level:

Aura of Shivery: Allies within your (aura) gain Cold Resistance equal to your Cold Resistance. Costs 2 slots.

8th level:

Cold Understanding: You gain a bonus to Will saves to disbelieve illusions and to Sense Motive checks equal to 2 plus your Intelligence modifier.

9th level:

Cold Immunity (Ex): You gain immunity to cold. Costs 4 slots.

10th level:

Save Ice Magic MP: When you cast an Ice Magic spell you may reduce the MP cost by 50% of the spell’s base MP cost (i.e. without the modifiers from other abilities), if you do so you are unable to act for one round as if dazed. Costs 6 slots.

Ice Magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grade I
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blizzard
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 1
    Level: 1st
    Components: V, S
    Range: Medium (100-ft + 10-ft/Caster Level)
    Effect or Area: 1 ray or 15-ft radius burst.
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None or Reflex halves.
    MP Cost: 1
    When you cast this spell you call ic upon your foes. If cast as a single target spell make a ranged touch attack roll dealing 1d8 cold damage + 1d8/2 Caster Levels beyond 1st (max 5d8). If cast as an area of effect it deals 1d4 cold damage within a 15-ft radius + 1d4 per 2 Caster Levels beyond 1st (max 5d4) and a reflex save is allowed to halve this damage.

Chill Mist
    Conjuration (Creation) [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic I
    Level: 1st.
    Range: Close (25 ft + 5 ft/2 caster levels)
    Effect: Fog spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 ft. high
    Duration: 1 min./level.
    Saving Throw: None.
    Spell Resistance: No.
    MP Cost: 1.
    When you cast this spell you create a bank of thin mist within the targeted area. This mist obscures all sight, including darkvision, through it. Anything within the mist or viewed through it has concealment. In addition the mist is cold (approximately 30 degrees), although unless it was made permanent it cannot last long enough (1 hour) to have any notable effects due to this.

Nul Ice
    Abjuration
    Grade: Ice Magic 1.
    Level: 1st.
    Range: Close (25-ft + 5-ft/2 Caster Levels)
    Duration: 1 round/Caster Level.
    Saving Throw: No.
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless).
    MP Cost: 2
    When you cast this spell a willing target becomes warded against cold. They take ½ damage from cold for the duration of this effect.

Grade II
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chill Weapon
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 2.
    Level: 2nd
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Target: 1 weapon
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless, object)
    Spell Resistance: No
    MP Cost: 3.
    You invoke an aura of cold around a weapon within range. The weapon deals +1d6 cold damage with every attack. If used on a ranged weapon it imparts this benefit onto its ammunition. You may use this spell on natural weapons in which case they gain this benefit. Chill Weapon stacks with the Frost special quality.

Ice Patch
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 2
    Level: 2nd
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Area: One 10-ft. square
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: See text
    MP Cost: 3.
    This functions as the Grease spell except as noted here. You cannot target an object, and any creature which ends its turn within the area takes 1d6+1/2 caster level cold damage.

Nul Fire
    Abjuration
    Grade: Ice Magic 2.
    Level: 1st
    MP Cost: 2
    When you cast this spell a willing target becomes warded against fire. They take ½ damage from fire for the duration of this effect.

Grade III
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blizzara
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 3
    Level: 3rd
    Effect or Area: 1 ray or 20-ft radius burst.
    MP Cost: 5
    When you cast this spell you call powerful ice upon your foes. If cast as a single target spell make a ranged touch attack roll dealing 1d6 cold damage per Caster Level (max 15d6). If cast as an area of effect it deals 1d4 cold damage per Caster Level (max 15d4) within a 20-ft radius and a reflex save is allowed to halve this damage.

Ice Cloud
    Level: 3rd.
    Effect: Fog spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 ft. high
    MP Cost: 5.
    This spell functions as the spell fog cloud except as listed here. Creatures within the cloud suffer 1d4 cold damage per 2 caster levels each round at the end of their turn, or half that amount if they left the cloud that turn.

Icy Wind
    Evocation
    Level: 3rd
    Components: V
    Range: 60 ft.
    Effect: Line-shaped gust of severe wind emanating out from you to the extreme of the range
    Duration: 1 round/2 caster levels.
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    MP Cost: 5.
    This spell functions as Gust of Wind except as noted here. In addition to its longer duration the winds deal 1d6+caster level cold damage to any creature which ends its turn within them and 1d6 cold damage to any creature which is within the wind during their turn. The fortitude save does not negate this damage, but does negate other effects.

Grade IV
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freeze
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 4
    Level: 5th
    Duration: 1 round/Caster Level (D).
    Saving Throw: Fort negates.
    MP Cost: 11
    Ice encases the subject leaving them paralyzed and frozen in place. It is aware and breathes normally but cannot take any actions, even speech. Each round on its turn, the subject may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. (This is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.) A creature with cold resistance gains a +1 bonus to its saving throw per 5 points of cold resistance, in the case of ablative cold resistance such as that provided by Protection from Energy this instead reduces that resistance by 5 per point by which they failed their save. A creature within cold immunity is immune. A creature under the effects of Nul Ice, Nul Energy (cold chosen), or a fire shield or other effect which halves cold damage gains a +4 bonus on the save.

A winged creature who is paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls. A swimmer can’t swim and may drown.

Living Ice:
    Transmutation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 4
    Level: 5th
    Duration: 1 round/Caster Level (D).
    MP Cost: 9
    You transmute the target partially into ice. They gain the cold subtype (immunity to cold and fire vulnerability), DR 5/adamantine, and a 25% chance of ignoring any critical hit or precision damage they would receive.

Grade V:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blizzaga
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 5
    Level: 6th
    MP Cost: 11
    When you cast this spell you call a storm of ice upon your foes. If cast as a single target spell make a ranged touch attack roll dealing 15d6 cold damage plus 1d6 cold damage per 2 Caster Levels beyond 11. If cast as an area spell it deals 15d4 cold damage plus 1d4 cold damage per 2 Caster Levels beyond 11 within a 20-ft radius and a reflex save is allowed to halve this damage.

Chill Weapona
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 5.
    Level: 6th
    Range: Medium (100 ft + 10 ft/2 caster levels)
    Target: 1 weapon/caster level
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless, object)
    MP Cost: 9.
    You invoke an aura of cold around a number of weapons within range. The weapons deals +2d6 cold damage with every attack. If used on a ranged weapon it imparts this benefit onto its ammunition. You may use this spell on natural weapons in which case they gain this benefit. Chill Weapon stacks with the Frost special quality.

Stop Ice
    Abjuration
    Grade: Ice Magic 5.
    Level: 6th.
    MP Cost: 9
    When you cast this spell a willing target becomes warded against cold. They gain immunity to cold for the duration.

Grade VI
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chilling Death
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 6.
    Level: 7th
    Range: Medium (100 ft + 10 ft/2 caster levels)
    Target: 1 creature
    Duration: 1 round/caster level (D)
    Saving Throw: Fort negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    MP Cost: 13.
    You invoke cold across the body of the target. Each round they take cold damage equal to 1/3rd of their maximum health. They are allowed a Fortitude save to negate this effect, and then another Fortitude save each round to prevent the new instance of damage and end the spell. Note this has no effect on Con - creatures.

Frozen Cloud
    Grade: Ice Magic 6
    Level: 7th.
    Range: Medium (100 ft + 10 ft/caster level)
    Effect: Fog spreads in 80-ft. radius, 40 ft. high
    MP Cost: 11.
    This spell functions as the spell fog cloud except as listed here. Creatures within the cloud suffer 1d6 cold damage per 2 caster levels each round at the end of their turn, or half that amount if they left the cloud that turn.

Stop Fire
    Abjuration
    Grade: Ice Magic 6.
    Level: 6th.
    MP Cost: 10
    When you cast this spell a willing target becomes warded against fire. They gain immunity to fire for the duration.

Grade VII
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blizzaja
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 7
    Level: 8th
    Range: Long (400-ft + 40-ft/Caster Level)
    MP Cost: 15
    When you cast this spell you call a blizzard like none seen outside of an ice age upon your foes. If cast as a single target spell make a ranged touch attack roll dealing 20d8 cold damage plus 1d8 cold damage per Caster Levels beyond 15. If cast as an area spell it deals 20d6 cold damage plus 1d6 cold damage per Caster Level beyond 15 within a 40-ft radius and a reflex save is allowed to halve this damage.

Ice Nova
    Evocation [Cold]
    Grade: Ice Magic 7
    Level: 8th
    Range: Extra Long (1000-ft + 100-ft/Caster Level)
    Effect or Area: 100-ft radius burst.
    Saving Throw: Reflex halves.
    When you cast this spell you call ice over a massive area dealing 15d6 cold damage + 1d6 cold damage per 2 caster levels above 15. A Reflex save is allowed to half this damage.

Grade VIII
    Spoiler
    Show
    Absorb Ice
    Abjuration/Necromancy
    Grade: Ice Magic 8
    Level: 9th.
    When you cast this spell a willing target becomes not only warded against cold, but this spell takes it a step further and actively converts cold into restorative energy. Whenever the target would take cold damage they are healed 1/2 that amount instead.

Death Freeze
    Evocation [Cold]
    Level: 9th
    Area: 20-ft radius.
    MP Cost: 21
    Calling upon dread magic you call death by cold upon an area. Each creature within the area not immune to cold must make a Fortitude save or die frozen to death. Note this has no effect on Con - creatures.

Grand Ice
    Evocation [Cold]
    Duration: Instantaneous.
    Saving Throw: Fort half
    MP Cost: 17

Casting this spell you invoke great cold to concentrate around and throughout the target. The target takes 2d8 cold damage per Caster Level (max 50d8). A successful Fortitude save halves this damage.

Special
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freeze Time
    Transmutation [Cold]
    Grade: Time Magic Special
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 1d4+1 rounds (apparent time)
    MP Cost: 20

This functions as the spell Time Stop. However you may choose to cast it as a swift action instead slowing time but not completely stopping it, in which case it instead simply grants you a bonus standard, move, and swift action instead of its normal effect.

Boundlancer Class Skills: Climb, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Survival, and Swim.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-08-30 at 06:00 PM.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Question Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

3.0 Monkey Grip - yes.

3.5 Monkey Grip - no.

3.0 let you wield 2 handed weapons 1 handed.

3.5 lets you wield weapons made for creatures 1 size category larger than you. So would allow halflings to wield them.

Isn't that pretty much the same result?
    A weapon that is 1 size larger than you would be a 2 handed weapon for your charecter thus 2 handed weapons of your size would be equal to one handed versions that are one size larger than you?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Zaydos I just want you to know you've made my heart soar. I don't care what it takes I will shoe horn this concept into every single D&D game I run. *sobs passionately*

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    WOW! I really like these. I can imagine a series of Japanese commercials for each variety of Tarocchi pop (or "たろちPOP!" as I imagine the syntax on the can) where a girl is attacked by a monster, she drinks the soda and turns into a magical girl related to the soda she drinks, like a Super Pink Mentos advertisement. Although It might be easier to read as a table than a really long thing. The Dullahan Stout has a really interesting flavor to it (pun intended) and I could see an adventure based on a Chaotic Evil intoxicanter of erythnul spreading around that drink in a slum to incite violence in the name of his god. As for the refined "Juice" it seems like a logical conclusion of distilling alcohol, to distill poisons. I like how they have synergy well with the other classes while not being worthless without them.
    タロッチPOP! most likely, loan words using Katakana and the double c probably being carried over (small tsu). But yeah I can totally see that too, and I'm glad you liked. I'll admit the actual dullahan specific synergy was an after thought, I was working on Distill 'Juice' and thought I should add it, the Magical Girl one is more thoroughly worked throughout the feat and... yeah it should have been a table, that occurred to me on 8 or 9 and I'll admit to having gone ah to Tartarus with it and just kept going.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj View Post
    Isn't that pretty much the same result?
    A weapon that is 1 size larger than you would be a 2 handed weapon for your charecter thus 2 handed weapons of your size would be equal to one handed versions that are one size larger than you?
    That's how it worked in 3.0. Literally an ogre's longsword was a greatsword and the two were wholly interchangeable.

In 3.5 they changed it. A human can wield an ogre's longsword as a 2 handed weapon at a -2 penalty but it is not a Greatsword. It's a large longsword. You can wield a large rapier as a 2 handed finessable weapon, but a large shortsword is not a light weapon.

3.5 Monkey Grip does not allow you to wield human sized 2-handers in one hand, all it does is remove the increase to the, as the feat terms it, "amount of effort" due to it being a larger size (i.e. you can wield a large longsword one handed, a large greatsword two handed, and a large dagger as a light weapon). What it does not allow you to do is wield weapons as if you were one size larger which is what would be needed here.

The 3.0 Monkey Grip feat just allowed you to wield a specific 2 handed weapon one handed with a -2 penalty. Despite being similar with the 3.5 normally better (instead of 1 handing a greatsword you 1 hand a large longsword and you can 2 hand a huge greatsword) in this case...

It doesn't matter because I had forgotten the 3.0 Monkey Grip specified melee weapons so as written neither do (probably to stop you from using bows one handed). For that matter Monkey Grip in 3.5 also specifies melee so wouldn't work regardless.

But RAW without the melee part 3.0 Monkey Grip would allow it, 3.5 wouldn't. RAI I'd have to guess 3.5 wouldn't. Would allowing the 3.5 version to just let you treat weapons as if they were 1 size category smaller than they are whenever you want to be broken? Definitely not. It'd just be a house rule.

Strongarm Bracers, though, just let's you use them as if one size larger so yup they work.

Zaydos I just want you to know you've made my heart soar. I don't care what it takes I will shoe horn this concept into every single D&D game I run. *sobs passionately*
    I wouldn't. I really wouldn't. I don't trust Freelancer enough for that (though the Boundlancer variant ought to work and I haven't tested Freelancer).

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

All the better, though I may have to adapt it to fit into Pathfinder since that's what I usually play. But I've looked over your Freelancer class before and besides its devilish complexity I think it's an excellent homage that could definitely work as the class of a main villain or an adorable side character.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hurrah! My weird old Cootie-themed homebrew finally got some use! Also, question about the Knight of Shivery: what are its class skills for a Boundlancer?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ooh. I'll give permission.

I would tell you about myself but I'm actually more interested in what you'd make without that. Maybe that's something in itself.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

All the better, though I may have to adapt it to fit into Pathfinder since that's what I usually play. But I've looked over your Freelancer class before and besides its devilish complexity I think it's an excellent homage that could definitely work as the class of a main villain or an adorable side character.
    I will admit that Freelancer is actually too complicated for me to sit down and grok what it can do which is the main reason I don't trust it; that and it is MAD and my mind calculates things at the SAD max stat which while theoretically possible for Freelancer (they're split stat casters so that even at their SADest they're only as SAD as a Favored Soul, this was an intentional limiter on their casting), it's impossible to have in the combinations my mind goes to (as they'd require +2 racial bonus and level up bonuses). So yeah I have paranoia about Freelancer and I don't really think it's all justified rationally but... it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by caledscratcher View Post
    Hurrah! My weird old Cootie-themed homebrew finally got some use! Also, question about the Knight of Shivery: what are its class skills for a Boundlancer?
    I will say that it was definitely bizarre, and that I always forget that cootie-catchers are called cootie-catchers. As for the other It's been added. Climb, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Survival, and Swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post

I would tell you about myself but I'm actually more interested in what you'd make without that. Maybe that's something in itself.
    Step 1: STALKING!

By which I mean checking out any links in your signature and if I hit enough of a writer's block (unlikely as you have more of a forum 'persona'* so to say than most) going through posts you've made/threads you've started to actually find things like cootie-themed homebrew.

*By which I mean you have presented a strong, sort of exaggerated 'character' as the judge, contest runner, O-Chul. While I don't think this necessarily represents the you behind the computer screen any more than I really think that ALL SHOULD BOW BEFORE THE GREAT AND POWERFUL ZAYDOS, LORD OF DRAGONS AND ALL THINGS! It is quite mine-able for concepts and ideas.

Edit: I'm still stuck in Freelancer mode since my first idea is the Grand Judge Job. Don't expect this to happen, Freelancer jobs are a surprising amount of effort (Freelancer was a whole lot more effort than Dragonsoul Acolyte)
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-08-30 at 06:30 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #176
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll give permission! Again.

Want to know what you can do with some of my homebrewing foci, like symbionts, my experimental prcs, my races, etc.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post

New Exaggerated Skill: Profession (Judge)

Areas in the legal jurisdiction: As defined for this ability, an area counts as in the legal jurisdiction at the DM’s discretion. If the legal source of your authority places a limit to the areas of your legal authority (for example you are charged by the king with keeping law and order in the city of Blandburg and the surrounding homesteads) it only works within those bounds (i.e. if were at a farm right outside Excitoville it would not work, but if you were in Blandburg it would). Of course the source of your legal authority must also have legal authority to bestow it upon you in a region. Areas which are indisputably within the legal authority of a kingdom tend to be easy to adjudicate here (Blandburg is part of Unintoria and thus the king of Unintoria can grant you authority there), areas which are disputed (such as a region in civil war, or a goblin burrow within Unintoria which does not recognize itself as being within Unintoria but as being its own independent state) are less clear and may fall into jurisdiction of one or both sides of the dispute. Typically the side which actually inhabits the area most densely should be considered to have authority, as should a side able to enforce their authority over it (for example if Unintoria can easily wipe said goblin burrow off the map if it became aware of/sufficiently annoyed with it the area within the goblin burrow would most likely count as both).

Least: As a judge you are a representation of Law and Order regardless of your actual alignment, as such you radiate an aura of Law as if you were a Lawful cleric of your level. You may use Profession (Judge) in place of Sense Motive and Profession (Lawyer) for the purposes of skill checks, and prerequisites (not for qualifying for synergy bonuses however). You gain Favored Enemy (Criminal) +2, this functions as Favored Enemy but it applies to any creature legally charged with a crime in the country you currently are within. Finally when openly acting in legally appointed duties within areas in the legal jurisdiction of said duties (if an area is contested by two disputing groups, for example a goblin clan’s mountain holding within a human kingdom it is up to the DM to decide which legal jurisdiction it counts in or if it counts in both, usually having the population in the region at least implies that it should count even if the other counts) creatures cannot attack you unless they first succeed at a Will save (DC 10 + ½ your Tall Tale level + your Charisma modifier) unless you attack another creature, or perform an illegal act in which case you lose this benefit for 1 minute and 1 day respectively; this is a mind-affecting extraordinary compulsion.

Lesser: You gain the ability to force testimony. When asking a question directly related to a crime committed either within the country you are in or within a country which shares extradition rights with the country you are in to a creature whose answer there is reason to believe could be used as evidence in relation to that crime the creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ your Tall Tale level + your Charisma modifier) or answer. They may not lie, or occlude their answer. If they succeed their save they may still lie or choose not to answer, but if they attempt to lie they suffer a -5 on their Bluff check. A creature under the influence of the glibness spell may lie through this effect, but they lose the bonus provided by that spell and suffer a -5 on their Bluff check. In addition you may, as an immediate action, overrule an objection. This is a supernatural ability in which you impose your will upon reality to prevent the completion of the immediate action of another creature within 60 ft, or their contingent spell effect. You may only use this ability 1/encounter, plus 1/encounter per additional tier of Exaggerated Profession (Judge) you possess.

Greater: Your Favored Enemy (Criminal) bonus increases to +4. In addition you may Proclaim Judgment upon a creature as a full round action. To do so you must have evidence that they have committed a crime within the country you are in, this evidence must be strong evidence either physical evidence or evidence in some way verified (an eye witness report does not count, though seeing them commit the act personally does, and many, 10+, eye witnesses with no cause to suspect ulterior motive would); a creature which has already been fully legally punished for a crime cannot have this ability used upon them for that crime. This functions as Bestow Curse except with a range of line of sight, duration of 1 day per 2 tall tale levels, and the save to resist is DC 10 + ½ your Tall Tale level + your Charisma modifier. If a creature saves against this effect you may not use Proclaim Judgment upon it for the same crime until it has been legally tried and sentenced with the crime. You may use Proclaim Judgment as part of a legally given sentence when a creature is convicted of a crime in which case the creature gets no save and the duration becomes until they have been fully legally punished. This curse can still be removed with a remove curse spell, but it is harder to remove. First it is not a spell effect but a supernatural ability so Greater Dispel Magic does not function. Second it may only be removed by someone with the legal authority to grant clemency for the crime, in which case no spell is required, or in a country which does not recognize the legal authority of the country the crime was sentenced in and even then the caster must have a caster level higher than your tall tale level.

Storied: Your Favored Enemy (Criminal) bonus increases to +6. In addition you may use Proclaim Judgment upon creatures that committed crimes in another country, use force testimony regardless of the country the crime was committed in, and you are always protected as if performing your legal appointed duties regardless of legal jurisdiction and no longer need to be publically performing such duties. In addition you may choose a single country when you gain this ability, you may apply its laws at all times for the purposes of your Exaggerated Skill meaning if it would break the laws of that country regardless of where you are it is considered to be breaking the law, and you only lose your protection for performing legal appointed duties if you break the laws of that country (or attack someone); changing this country requires an atonement spell and serious soul searching. You may offer summary verdicts; this functions as the suggestion spell but is an extraordinary mind-affecting compulsion. Unlike the suggestion spell you offer the suggestion as an act of atonement for a crime, this need not be a legal crime but can be a social taboo, a moral shortcoming, or even just a perceived slight to your deserved respect, though it still must be a reasonable action and they clearly recall that you gave the order. Chaotic creatures gain a +4 bonus on their save against this effect, but Lawful creatures suffer a -4 penalty. If a creature saves against your summary verdict 3 times it gains immunity to it for 2 weeks. Finally you gain a continual magic circle against chaos centered on yourself, this portion of this ability is supernatural.

Note: Yes, I know you're actually more the emcee for the contest that really the judge, but it's a caricature and somehow you might have elements of Judge Dredd in my mind for an unknown reason.

Edit: Remembered an ability I'd meant to give it which was more unique and fun than Moment of Perfect Mind redux.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-08-31 at 02:31 PM.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

I will happily give permission again. Something about knowledge gathering in grixis might be neat, if you need the suggestion, but if not all is good! Or making tiny artifacts...
    LGBTA+itP

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

This seems entirely too neat, and would love to give my permission, and in fact will do so.

As for things about me... Well, stars and lightning are basically my two favorite things ever, but I haven't homebrewed about them for some reason. Also, I love the idea of containing power within oneself rather than acquiring it externally. I love magic swords as much as the next girl, but i much prefer magic, or learning to use your sword better, or flying on one's own power, or teleporting around everywhere... getting off topic, also another specialty of mine.

I believe that the darkness reminds us what light can be

My Extended Homebrew Signature

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviMancer View Post
    This seems entirely too neat, and would love to give my permission, and in fact will do so.

As for things about me... Well, stars and lightning are basically my two favorite things ever, but I haven't homebrewed about them for some reason. Also, I love the idea of containing power within oneself rather than acquiring it externally. I love magic swords as much as the next girl, but i much prefer magic, or learning to use your sword better, or flying on one's own power, or teleporting around everywhere... getting off topic, also another specialty of mine.
    And here we see my other method of getting ideas at work... Insane word association! Apparently Oblivion + Contain gives me ideas. Metamagic feats do the rest.

New Doomsayer Invocation

Oblivion Inside (Greater)
    Effective Level: 6th.
    School: Evocation/Transmutation.
    Path: Destruction.
    Range: Personal.
    Target: You.
    Duration: Permanent (D).
    Saving Throw: See below.
    Spell Resistance: See below.
    Truename: No.
    You fill your body with the raw power of the oblivion at the end of all things letting it flow through you with a word. While this invocation is active your max hp (and current) are reduced by twice your caster level each turn, this max hp reduction lasts as long as this invocation is in effect and cannot be removed without first ending this effect. While this invocation is active you gain DR ½ caster level overcome only by epic weapons (and effects which overcome DR /epic), fast healing equal to your caster level, resistance to all five energy types equal to twice your caster level. You gain an enhancement bonus to all physical ability scores equal to ½ your caster level and your melee attacks (including touch attacks and touch spells) deal bonus damage equal to your caster level, this bonus damage is the pure destructive force of oblivion itself and ignores energy immunity, resistance, damage reduction, and regeneration. Finally your malisons gain a +2 to their save DC and a +2 to caster level for the duration of this effect.

This effect never ends on its own except through the death of the user. It can be dismissed (a standard action), dispelled, or otherwise ended however. If the reduction in hit points from this effect (applied after fast healing) kills (or destroys) you, your body is absolutely eradicated and the force of oblivion within is released dealing 1d10 damage/caster level within 80 ft; Spell Resistance applies against this effect, but a golem's magic immunity does not, and a Fortitude save is allowed for half, items take full damage and non-magical items’ hardness is ignored unless it is 20 or greater and regeneration does not apply. If you dismiss this spell this force of oblivion is still released but is mitigated and limited merely dealing 1d4 damage/caster level within 20 ft; SR and saves still apply.

New Intoxicanter Feat:

Brew Oblivion (Intoxicanter)
    They said it could not be done. They laughed and claimed it was an impossibility among impossibilities. Yet you have done it. You have learned to synthesize the opposite of matter, to give it form and substance, and to create oblivion in liquid form.
    Prerequisites: Liquid Courage class feature or an ACF that it was traded for, Craft (Alchemy) 15 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 9 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 5 ranks.
    Benefits: You may create Liquid Oblivion. This is done as part of the same 1 hour distilling process as creating your medicinal alcohol (or a 1 hour distilling process of its own) and you may distill up to your character level in doses of Liquid Oblivion, but each dose you distill costs you one distilled dose of either Medicinal Alcohol, Liquid Courage (or an ACF that replaces it), or Distilled Vitality. Liquid Oblivion is not drunk. Instead it is treated as a grenade-like thrown weapon. It deals 1d4 damage per character level to a creature directly struck by it and 1 damage per character level splash damage; this damage is doubled against constructs and undead; if drunk this damage is tripled. However living matter is not the favored target of Liquid Oblivion. Liquid oblivion destroys (up to a 5-ft cube of) an object it directly strikes as if with the disintegrate spell (save DC 10 + ½ character level + Cha modifier for magical or attended objects) and deals 3 damage/character level if they make their save or are hit by splash damage. Liquid Oblivion may be thrown at a shield, weapon, or other held object to attempt to ‘sunder’ them in which case you and the wielder make opposed attack rolls with the opponent suffering a -4 if they are wielding a two-handed weapon and gaining a +4 if they are wielding a light weapon, in addition you gain a +2 to hit for each size category larger than you the opponent is; if you hit the weapon (or object) takes damage and must save or be disintegrated.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-08-31 at 04:16 PM.

Current Projects: