New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

I love it. I still need to play a tall tale.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

2. - Top - End - #182
    Banned

Mm, make me into a thing again.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    I'll give permission! Again.

Want to know what you can do with some of my homebrewing foci, like symbionts, my experimental prcs, my races, etc.
    Shub-Niggurath has commanded your beseeching be answered

New Feat for Thralls:

Brood Plague Worm: [Item Creation, Vile]
    In your service of the Ancient Ones you have made yourself into the spawning grounds of blasphemous parasites.
    Prerequisites: Servant of the Ancient Ones, character level 5, Craft (alchemy) 6 ranks, Corruption score (if taint rules are used) 1 or higher.
    Benefit: You gain immunity to wraithplague (disease, see Plague Worm below).

A plague worm (see below) symbiont grows deep within you. Unlike others of its kind it cannot survive separation long dying after 1 hour removed from your body even if given a new host. You are able to communicate telepathically with this plague worm regardless of distance, it never has an ego conflict with you being wholly subservient to your will, and you do not suffer the disadvantages listed in the infest ability. In addition its plague burst ability can be used once per day per 5 character levels you possess and has a DC of 10 + 1/2 your character level + your or its Con score whichever is higher or the standard DC (15) whichever is higher; subsequent saves against the inflicted wraithplague are at the normal DC. If your personal plague worm dies you can spawn another one given 3 days.

In addition you may grow additional plague worms not so tightly attached to you within your body. To do so requires 4 days, and the consumption of a diet of rotting meat, copious amounts of worms and bugs, large amounts of milk, and 4,000 GP worth of rare (and borderline toxic) spices, and the sacrifice of a small amount of your vital essence in the form of 300 XP, this is the cost in time, gold, and XP for each worm; feats or abilities that reduce the time or cost of magic item creation reduce the time and cost of brooding plague worms as well. You may have one plague worm spawned by this ability in your body, plus another one per point of Constitution bonus (minimum +0). You may remove a plague worm from your body 'surgically' as a full round action with a slashing or piercing weapon which deals 2d6 damage to you and 1 Constitution damage, or you may remove them naturally as an action requiring 10 minutes and best left undetailed.

Spoiler: Plague Worm
    Show
    Diminutive Magical Beast (Evil, Symbiont)
    Hit Dice: 1d10+1 (6 hp)
    Initiative: –3
    Speed: swim 5 ft.
    AC: 11 (+4 size, –3 Dex), touch 11, flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/–17
    Attack:
    Full Attack:
    Damage:
    Face/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Plague burst
    Special Qualities: Bestow resistances, darkvision 60 ft., infect, symbiont traits, telepathy
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref –1, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 1, Dex 5, Con 12, Int 5, Wis 10, Cha 7, Taint 3, Ego 6
    Skills: Listen +2, Spot +2
    Feats: Ability Focus (Plague Burst)
    Climate/Terrain: Any swamps
    Organization: Solitary (symbiont)
    Challenge Rating: 1 or as host + 8000 GP market price item
    Treasure:
    Alignment: Always neutral evil
    Advancement:

A tainted parasite, a plague worm looks almost like an unusually large cross between a millbug and a leech. Despite this outwardly normal appearance the creature's internal organs are mostly simply factories for disease. Carried within willing hosts, a plague worm releases its payload of disease, the infamous wraithplague, into a crowd and simply lets the disease spread. When a plague worm must resort to controlling its host it leads them to release the plague into unsuspecting crowds.

Only one plague worm may live in a single creature that lacks the Brood Plague Worm feat, any additional ones are poisoned by the first's changes to the creature's body chemistry.

Plague worms cannot speak but they understand Undercommon.

Combat:
    Plague worms do not engage in combat, if forced they will release a plague burst but even that is only a last result. Any creature that plays host to a plague worm and which has a Corruption score of 0 gains 1 point of Corruption.

Bestow Resistances (Ex): A creature with a plague worm symbiont gains a +2 bonus on Fortitude saves versus diseases and poisons as the worm absorbs them from their system, this bonus increases to +6 against ingested poisons or food/drink borne diseases. In addition if you succeed on a single saving throw against a non-magical disease you are cured of it.

Infect (Ex): Plague worm eggs are sometimes found in the fetid pools of tainted marshes and swamps, filling the foul water that pools near temples to beings elder than the gods, and inect creatures that drink the water. A purify water spell does not remove the eggs from the water, although they die if left in pure water for one day, and a bless water spell will kill such eggs instantly.

Once inside a host, the eggs hatch in 1d4 hours, and the spawn set about poisoning and devouring one another until only one remains. A remove disease spell cast on the host kills a plague worm, but the host must make a Fortitude save (DC 15) against the wraithplague as the creature releases its diseased load into the host (save DC includes a +2 from being within the host).

A creature with a plague worm must eat twice as much food as it normally requires each day, and must start making daily Constitution checks
    after only one day without food (instead of the normal three days). In addition, the host creature is fatigued after 8 hours of activity and takes a –4 penalty on the following checks and saves: Swim checks to resist subdual damage; Constitution checks to continue running, to avoid subdual damage from a forced march, to hold its breath, or to avoid subdual damage from starvation or thirst; and Fortitude saves to avoid subdual damage from hot or cold environments, or to resist damage from oxygen deprivation.

Plague Burst (Su): Once per day a plague worm can release its accumulated load of supernatural pathogens. It may do so subtly or overtly. In the former case it produces a distinct odor which can be recognized (Heal or Knowledge (religion) DC 20) and which is particularly odious to creatures with scent (animals, and other creatures with less than 3 Int, with scent within 30 ft become instantly unfriendly if not openly hostile to you), and creatures within 5-ft of the host (or if a plague worm has no host of the worm) including the host must make a Fortitude save (DC 15, includes Ability Focus and a +2 racial bonus for having a host, if outside of a host DC 13) or contract the wraithplague with an incubation period of 2d4 days. If done overtly in addition to the distinct odor above, it produces a dark haze around the host, but the incubation period is instead instantaneous the creatures immediately taking effects of the infection.

Spoiler: Wraithplague
    Show
    The wraithplague is so named due to its visual symptoms of puffy, red, inflamed skin around the eyes and black splotches across the flesh giving the infected a wraith-like appearance. This coupled with the other symptoms of sunlight aversion and being damaged by positive energy cause it to be further associated with the undead creatures. There are even rumors that those who die under the weight of the plague are many times over more likely to become a wraith upon their death.

A creature with wraithplague suffers a -1 to attack rolls, skill checks, caster level checks, and ability checks when in direct sunlight; only natural sunlight causes this effect, even a daylight spell does not. In addition they are damaged by positive energy as if undead. Finally the wraithplague deals 1d3+1 Constitution damage each day on a failed save (DC typically 13 or 15 depending upon if the original plague worm was in a host or not).

The wraithplague is a supernatural disease but can be cured naturally. Heal checks made to treat the disease suffer a -5 penalty, however, and each patient with the plague counts as two treated patients. In addition it resists remove disease unless the caster level is at least 7th, these two facts coupled together make it a (comparatively) dangerous disease.

Telepathy (Su): A plague worm may communicate telepathically with its host assuming its host is able to speak a language.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

might well as drop another permission here brew me any thing you want thoug dancer class would be nice

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Mm, make me into a thing again.
    I was already to do this except then I realized I can't use my current idea due to contest rules so instead the booby prize back up idea...

Jormengand's Recitation of Focused Skill [Recitation]
    This recitation allows you to perform a skill with utmost ease and finesse.
    Prerequisites: Truespeak 4 ranks, ability to speak utterances, must know your own personal true name.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select 2 skills. When you speak the recitation you gain a bonus to each of those skills equal to +1/4 ranks in Truespeak you possess +1 per 5 points above the DC your Truespeak check was. This bonus lasts 1 minute.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times each time you do select 2 more skills, when you speak the recitation its benefit applies to all selected skills (not just 2).
    Special: This feat counts as Skill Focus in both selected skills for the purposes of prerequisites.

Edit: There's a bit of egg on my face as I'd already made a recitation skill focus... eh this one is more abusable (the other was +3 to any skill chosen when used as opposed to +5 or more to 2) and the other didn't count as Skill Focus for prerequisites where this can get 2 PrC prereqs for one feat
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-03 at 07:59 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    might well as drop another permission here brew me any thing you want thoug dancer class would be nice
    Making a whole new class is not an expansion on a past work Maid got through because... honestly Dungeon Delver works better as a maid than as a pseudo-Savant fix.

That said I'm in the mood to make everyone into forms of Skill Focus at the moment and you're nearby so...

Slavemaster's Skill Focus: [General]
    You are particularly capable of receiving aid with a specific skill.
    Prerequisites: Leadership.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select a single skill. You gain an additional +2 bonus to that skill when a creature uses Aid Another to aid your use of that skill. This applies for each creature up to a total of +6 from this feat.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times each time you do you must select a different skill.
    Special: This feat counts as Skill Focus for the purpose of prerequisites.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-03 at 08:35 PM.

Current Projects:

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Second permission granted. No specific request this time, as usual I like having minions to do my dirty work while still being strong in combat myself.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Second permission granted. No specific request this time, as usual I like having minions to do my dirty work while still being strong in combat myself.
    At the moment I am mad with power and making Skill Focus variations of everyone...

Imperator's Skilled Command [General]
    Your allies benefit from the example of your skill.
    Prerequisites: Skill Focus.
    Benefit: Allies within 30 ft who can hear or see you gain the bonuses to skill checks of any Skill Focus feat (or feat which counts as Skill Focus for the purposes of prerequisites) that you possess. They do not gain any other benefits (if any) from these feats, and they gain the same bonus that you are gaining from the feat (not what they would have if they had the feat). If they have the Skill Focus feat in question the bonus from this feat does not stack with it.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-03 at 07:59 PM.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #189

Interesting... With some feat investment you could get skill adept with this, and grant a bunch of followers +6 to something... There should be some way to use that... Wait I've got it handle animal. Mass beastmaster army. There we go.

Hey, Universal skill focus is a thing... +3 to all craft checks, build a fortress town, use high-performance economy to attract immigrants...

Definitely has some good options if you build around it. This feat has the Imperial Seal of Approval.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

My permission is once more offered, for however long it's worth anything to you
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Eno said what I was going to say, better, and faster, too.
    Master Maker - Artificer Plus

Jr. Tormlet badge granted by LoyalPaladin. Always keep fighting the Good fight.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Continuing my skill focus kick...

I'll give permission! Again.

Want to know what you can do with some of my homebrewing foci, like symbionts, my experimental prcs, my races, etc.
    Aberrant Skill Focus [Aberrant]
    Your aberrant blood fuels your talents.
    Prerequisites: Aberrant Blood.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select a single skill. You gain a bonus to that skill equal to 1 plus the number of aberrant feats you possess.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you do you must select a different skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    I will happily give permission again. Something about knowledge gathering in grixis might be neat, if you need the suggestion, but if not all is good! Or making tiny artifacts...
    Artificer's Skill Focus [General]
    You are able to siphon small amounts of energy from your magic items to fuel your skills.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select a single skill. You gain a bonus to that skill equal to 1/2 the body slots you have filled with magic items (magic armor is considered to fill the Body Slot as you cannot wear an item which occupies the Body Slot along with magic armor).
    Special: This feat is a supernatural ability.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Yo Zaydos, You don't need my permission to use my persona as inspiration. Do whatever you want. If you want me to give you feedback about how I feel about something, I'll try to do so when I am not... In that state of mind... I sometimes wonder if a psychologist would find me interesting or extremely boring.

edit: also don't feel the need to make more stuff for me cause I posted, you do you.
    Wild Skill Focus [Anarchic]
    Chaos flows through your actions giving moments of extraordinary results in clinch situations.
    Prerequisites: Chaotic alignment.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select a single skill. When you use that skill in a situation where you are rushed or threatened (i.e. normally could not take 10) roll 1d12-2 and add the result (this may be negative) to your skill check. If you have performed a Lawful act within the last hour roll 1d12-5 instead.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you do you must select a different skill.

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I'm still here.
    illyahr's Song of Skill [Bardic Music]
    You have learned a song which you sing to yourself to perform tasks of daring and success.
    Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Perform 3 ranks.
    Benefit: Select an ability score other than Charisma. You can expend one daily use of your bardic music ability as a swift action to perform a Song of Skill. For as long as you perform this song of skill, and for 1 minute afterwards, you gain a +3 bonus to all skill checks based on that ability score. This is considered a bardic music performance and follows the normal rules for them.

If you use Inspire Competence on a creature they gain a +3 competence bonus to all skill checks based upon the chosen ability score, this stacks with the +2 competence bonus from Inspire Competence if the inspired skill is based upon the chosen ability score.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you must choose a different ability score, but you do not have to choose which ability score to boost when you use the Song of Skill it instead boosts all skills associated with all chosen ability scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    My permission is once more offered, for however long it's worth anything to you
    You have just doomed yourself to be a form of Skill Focus.

Graced Skill Focus
    Your divine grace extends to your talents outside of mere survival.
    Prerequisites: Divine Grace.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select a single non-Charisma based skill. You may add 1 plus your Charisma modifier to your skill checks with the selected skill.
    Special: If you are Good this feat is considered an Exalted feat, if you are Evil it is considered a Vile feat. Regardless this feat is a supernatural ability.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-04 at 09:42 PM.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #192
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Aberrant Skill Focus [Aberrant]
    Your aberrant blood fuels your talents.
    Prerequisites: Aberrant Blood.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select a single skill. You gain a bonus to that skill equal to 1 plus the number of aberrant feats you possess.
    Nice. This is actually perfect for a character I'm working on.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

13. - Top - End - #193

BardGuy

illyahr's Song of Skill [Bardic Music]
    You have learned a song which you sing to yourself to perform tasks of daring and success.
    Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Perform 3 ranks.
    Benefit: Select an ability score other than Charisma. You can expend one daily use of your bardic music ability as a swift action to perform a Song of Skill. For as long as you perform this song of skill, and for 1 minute afterwards, you gain a +3 bonus to all skill checks based on that ability score. This is considered a bardic music performance and follows the normal rules for them.

If you use Inspire Competence on a creature they gain a +3 competence bonus to all skill checks based upon the chosen ability score, this stacks with the +2 competence bonus from Inspire Competence if the inspired skill is based upon the chosen ability score.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you must choose a different ability score, but you do not have to choose which ability score to boost when you use the Song of Skill it instead boosts all skills associated with all chosen ability scores.
    Ooooooh, like this very much.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renewing my permapermission. Feel free to do whatever. :D

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Interesting... With some feat investment you could get skill adept with this, and grant a bunch of followers +6 to something... There should be some way to use that... Wait I've got it handle animal. Mass beastmaster army. There we go.

Hey, Universal skill focus is a thing... +3 to all craft checks, build a fortress town, use high-performance economy to attract immigrants...

Definitely has some good options if you build around it. This feat has the Imperial Seal of Approval.
    +3 to Profession checks helps that economy too (D&D economy functions on it's magic I don't have to explain it, right?). Glad you like it. I like Skill Focus (obviously) even if looking at soulmelds I'm pretty sure the creators eventually realized it was just too weak (soulmelds most common base shape benefit +4 to 2 skills, and available as a feat). That said I like making things that work with it to do neat things because 1) it's fun to throw on as a bonus feat on things*, and 2) it's a fairly common PrC prerequisite.

*I now am tempted to make a fighter fix which is just 4 + Int skills, some improvements to their skill list, and they gain (Fighter's) Skill Focus on every dead level. Call it Expert Fighter or something.

Nice. This is actually perfect for a character I'm working on.
    I felt like I was cheating a bit because I could almost swear I made the feat before but couldn't find it (might have been for an RL game).

Ooooooh, like this very much.
    Where as here I felt like I was cheating because it wasn't really Skill Focus but conceptually it fills a very similar place (and it's you know worth a feat).

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You have just doomed yourself to be a form of Skill Focus.
    I mean, at least it's not Weapon Focus.

Graced Skill Focus
    Your divine grace extends to your talents outside of mere survival.
    Prerequisites: Divine Grace.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select a single skill. You may add 1 plus your Charisma modifier to your skill checks with the selected skill.
    Special: If you are Good this feat is considered an Exalted feat, if you are Evil it is considered a Vile feat. Regardless this feat is a supernatural ability.
    What I just read is Paladin skillmonkey, and I approve completely. Kudos, O dragon of peanuts.

EDIT: That said, and as much of a munchkin as I can be, you may want to add a passage preventing its use on Charisma-based skills. Double Charisma to UMD and Diplomacy would be a tad ridiculous. Not to mention what I'd do with Iaijutsu Focus...
    Last edited by Eno Remnant; 2016-09-04 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Eno said what I was going to say, better, and faster, too.
    Master Maker - Artificer Plus

Jr. Tormlet badge granted by LoyalPaladin. Always keep fighting the Good fight.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh hey, look. This is a thing again. Huzzah. I suppose I'll give my permission again if you feel like doing more dragon stuff or whatever.... Don't mind me, just a bit under the weather.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Wild Skill Focus [Anarchic]
    Chaos flows through your actions giving moments of extraordinary results in clinch situations.
    Prerequisites: Chaotic alignment.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select a single skill. When you use that skill in a situation where you are rushed or threatened (i.e. normally could not take 10) roll 1d12-2 and add the result (this may be negative) to your skill check. If you have performed a Lawful act within the last hour roll 1d12-5 instead.
    oh hey a random skill focus. Say, out of curiosity is there a reason for some of these to be supernatural?

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    I mean, at least it's not Weapon Focus.
    I like weapon focus... at low levels (it doubles how much you can PA for optimally).

What I just read is Paladin skillmonkey, and I approve completely. Kudos, O dragon of peanuts.

EDIT: That said, and as much of a munchkin as I can be, you may want to add a passage preventing its use on Charisma-based skills. Double Charisma to UMD and Diplomacy would be a tad ridiculous. Not to mention what I'd do with Iaijutsu Focus...
    It's already possible with a 1 level dip in Marshal (also gets Skill Focus Diplomacy, oh and it's all Charisma skills from the one level). I'm not too worried what a paladin could do with it (even with +10 Charisma it's a feat for 10 skill points which is worse than Nymph's Kiss).

oh hey a random skill focus. Say, out of curiosity is there a reason for some of these to be supernatural?
    The anarchic one is supernatural because besides 'you must be chaotic' that's the only rule I remember about anarchic feats (they were a Dragon Magazine chaotic equivalent of Exalted/Vile). The artificer's one is Su because you're drawing excess magical energy from magic items, no magic no excess magical energy, and it's easier to say 'this is Su' than 'this doesn't function in an anti-magic zone but is still Ex for... reasons that will never be made clear'. The paladin one is Su because it is thematically tied to an Su ability and is either Exalted (Exalted feats are Su) or Vile (Vile feats are Su) or someone allowed a neutral paladin and... well it's still drawn from some external higher power.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #200
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

I would "give permission" as so many people have done.
    But I'm not really big enough on this forum to warrant it or even be any source of inspiration :P
    Your friendly neighbourhood sniperman.
    My controversial opinions:
    • I like blue souls.
    • Alignment isn't terrible.

My Homebrew: Feng Shui; Magic in Zones, Plus others I'm not particularly proud of rn.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Colossus in the Playground

I regive permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlasSniperman View Post
    But I'm not really big enough on this forum to warrant it or even be any source of inspiration :P
    Don't feel bad, neither am I.

Put me on your list, Zaydos! I promise, whatever comes out of my souls and/or personae will only slightly compromise the integrity of your own.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Oh hey, look. This is a thing again. Huzzah. I suppose I'll give my permission again if you feel like doing more dragon stuff or whatever....
    Alright Eeyore, won't pay you any head at all.

Expanded Bardic Music

Draconium's Song of Hoard Warding [Bardic Music]
    You have learned the ancient draconic songs of hoard warding those songs of the dragons that they used in the primal world to protect their hoards from the proto-humanoids that would eventually become elves.
    Prerequisites: Perform 6 ranks, and either Bardic Music or being a True Dragon.
    Benefit: You gain two new uses of bardic music. In the first you may perform while pacing around an area of up to one 5-ft square per rank in Perform you possess in a ritual that takes 10 minutes and one use of your bardic music ability. Once you have finished for the next 4 hours per bard level if any object within the area is removed from the area you are instantly mentally alerted to this fact (as if with an alarm spell) as long as you are on the same plane.

In the second you may perform to an object for 1 full round and cause it to animate and follow you for as long as you sing. This costs one use of your bardic music ability and the object may be no larger than medium plus one size category per 4 bard levels. This object does not fight, it simply moves to remain as close to you as possible and takes no other actions. The object will follow you as long as you continue to sing and remain on the same plane taking the most direct route. If it runs into an impassable region it will attempt to detour around it to get to you. You must be adjacent to an object when you begin this song, or it must be within the warded area of this feat's first use. A locked door animated by this ability will not unlock itself to get to you, and the object may not be merely a portion of a larger intact object.
    Special: A true dragon with this feat may use its abilities 1/day per age category and uses their character level plus any bard levels in place of their bard level for its effects.
    Special: A 3rd level dragonblood bard may choose to gain the ability to perform these songs instead of Inspire Competence.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-06 at 01:39 AM.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

More inspired by looking at your old threads than a caricature (I think I might could do a real caricature but I'm getting sleeping) and not really a past work so much as a sudden current project but...

Harmonizing Familiar [General]
    Your familiar is able to provide harmonization or even back up 'vocals' for your bardic music.
    Prerequisites: Bardic Music, ability to summon a familiar, Perform (song) 6 ranks.
    Benefit: Your familiar may sing with you when you perform Bardic Music increasing your effective bard level for that song by 3 at the cost of an additional daily use of bardic music.

In addition your familiar may perform bardic music, using its natural calls and sounds to 'sing', in your stead. If it does so it still costs you a use of bardic music but it does not cost you an action and you may perform actions while your familiar sings, including your own bardic music performance. Your familiar may only perform bardic music abilities as if it had 6 less levels of bard than you do, so it may only use those which are available to a bard 6 levels lower and the effects are likewise reduced. Your familiar takes a -5 penalty to any Perform check made as part of the bardic music performance because although it may have the technical skill to perform the song the song's power is only an echo of what it would be for a true bard of such skill.

Oh and for Barbarians' familiars instead of Share Spells they get Share Rage, and instead of deliver touch spells they get 5-ft reach despite being tiny and their natural weapons deal damage as if they were one size category larger.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-06 at 02:07 AM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #205
    Halfling in the Playground

I'll regive permission as well.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Expanded Bardic Music

Draconium's Song of Hoard Warding [Bardic Music]
    You have learned the ancient draconic songs of hoard warding those songs of the dragons that they used in the primal world to protect their hoards from the proto-humanoids that would eventually become elves.
    Prerequisites: Perform 6 ranks, and either Bardic Music or being a True Dragon.
    Benefit: You gain two new uses of bardic music. In the first you may perform while pacing around an area of up to one 5-ft square per rank in Perform you possess in a ritual that takes 10 minutes and one use of your bardic music ability. Once you have finished for the next 4 hours per bard level if any object within the area is removed from the area you are instantly mentally alerted to this fact (as if with an alarm spell) as long as you are on the same plane.

In the second you may perform to an object for 1 full round and cause it to animate and follow you for as long as you sing. This costs one use of your bardic music ability and the object may be no larger than medium plus one size category per 4 bard levels. This object does not fight, it simply moves to remain as close to you as possible and takes no other actions. The object will follow you as long as you continue to sing and remain on the same plane taking the most direct route. If it runs into an impassable region it will attempt to detour around it to get to you. You must be adjacent to an object when you begin this song, or it must be within the warded area of this feat's first use. A locked door animated by this ability will not unlock itself to get to you, and the object may not be merely a portion of a larger intact object.
    Special: A true dragon with this feat may use its abilities 1/day per age category and uses their character level plus any bard levels in place of their bard level for its effects.
    Special: A 3rd level dragonblood bard may choose to gain the ability to perform these songs instead of Inspire Competence.

Mine.

*slithers back into my hoard with it*

Okay, in all seriousness, this is actually a fun little thematic feat. Not too powerful, but very flavorful and surprisingly useful. The first ability is useful for guarding your hoard, and lets you do so without wasting a spell slot. And while the second ability won't be giving you an extra fighter, I could see some uses for it. Even if they are somewhat... Disney-esque in nature.

And the amazing song you selected to go with it is just the cherry on top. Thank you for the wonderful gift, Zaydos!
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    I'll regive permission as well.
    New Formshifter Invocation (could also be added to other invocation using classes balance wise but thematically intended as formshifter)

Facade of the Puppy
    Least, 2nd
    You transform into an immature dog, or a puppy as they are commonly known. This functions as Wild Shaping into a dog except you do not recover hp, and it is reduced to tiny size. Your speed becomes 30 ft, your Str becomes 9, your Dex becomes 17, and your Con becomes 15, and you gain natural armor +1. Your size becomes Tiny, you gain a Bite natural attack as a primary natural weapon dealing 1d3 damage. In addition to the normal traits of wild shaping into a dog you gain Low-Light Vision, and Scent. Finally humanoid creatures which see you must make a Will save in order to attack you in any potentially lethal manner (they may grapple you), this is a mind-affecting charm effect, if you attack a creature this effect is broken for all creatures observing you. Facade of the Puppy lasts for 24 hours, but can be dismissed prematurely as a standard action.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Mine.

*slithers back into my hoard with it*

Okay, in all seriousness, this is actually a fun little thematic feat. Not too powerful, but very flavorful and surprisingly useful. The first ability is useful for guarding your hoard, and lets you do so without wasting a spell slot. And while the second ability won't be giving you an extra fighter, I could see some uses for it. Even if they are somewhat... Disney-esque in nature.

And the amazing song you selected to go with it is just the cherry on top. Thank you for the wonderful gift, Zaydos!
    Thanks

While I am tempted to argue it's more folk lorish than Disney but Disney does it a lot. I mean they got it from folk lore, but I did imagine the ability in 80s style Disney animation. It infected my childhood.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

I'VE SEEN THROUGH THE FACADE AT LAST! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT FROM THE FIRST, YOU'RE ALL SPIDERS! SPIDERS! SPIDERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    For now and all future reference: I, LoyalPaladin, give Zaydos permission to craft any content in my likeness. So long as he sends me the finished product!*

*I am not liable for any IZ42's that are harmed in the crafting of said content.
    Spider, Sacred Reaper
    Medium Magical Beast (Good)
    Hit Dice:5d10+15 (42 hp)
    Initiative: +7
    Speed: 40 ft (8 squares), climb 20-ft
    Armor Class: 16 (+3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+8
    Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+4 and positoxin) or web +8 ranged touch
    Full Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+4 and positoxin) or web +8 ranged touch
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Ghostly Webs, Positoxin, Web, Wraithslayer
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, Deathsense, Untouched by Death
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 16, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 5, Wis 12, Cha 13
    Skills: Climb +11, Hide +6, Listen +3, Move Silently +6, Spot +9, Survival +1 (+9 when tracking undead).
    Feats: Alertness, Improved Initiative, TrackB
    Environment: Warm Deserts
    Organization: Varied.
    Challenge Rating: 3 (4 for undead heavy groups)
    Treasure: None.
    Alignment: Always Lawful Good.
    Advancement: 6-9 HD (Medium) 10-13 HD (Large).
    Level Adjustment: +2 (cohort)

In the year 354 N.C. the desert dwelling Tazmiri halflings were driven by the burgeoning Kraz empire from their traditional migration route, forced from their normal oases they dared the old necropolis of the millennia dead Tashirin. They made it half way to the oasis within when the ghouls attacked. The Tazmiri were driven into a temple of Alzrin the old Tashirin god of the dead. The ghouls could not enter that sanctified hall, but the Tazmiri were unable to leave and the monstrous spiders which had taken up residence attacked the halfling nomads. The halflings cleansed the temple of the spiders killing them and heaping their bodies at the atrium of the temple. In desperation they turned to prayer, praying to Yondalla and to the, to them unnamed, god of the temple.

Alzrin answered. It had long been his duty to protect the necropolis from those who would disrupt the eternal rest of those interred within, but the plague of ghouls had infested those grounds after the Tashirin empire fell and Alzrin's name was forgotten. Still he was a god, and he was stirred to action once more by those fervent prayers of need. He chose to act, sending the celestial spirits to the Prime to transform those spiders that were not dead but merely dying, and make them rise again.

These spiders became the first Sacred Reapers. They helped to slay the undead of the necropolis, and escort the halflings to the oasis at its heart. There they gave the halflings an edict from their god. They would be allowed to stay within the necropolis, protected from the burgeoning orcish empire, but in exchange for dwelling in these sacred grounds they must tend to them and aid the sacred reapers in their duties of cleansing them of the undead.

Centuries have passed. The Kraz empire burned strong and bright and fell to be destroyed by its enemies within a generation, but the once nomadic Tazmiri dwell still in the necropolis, its once great undead infestation all but gone. The Sacred Reapers have spread from the necropolis in the centuries since, continuing their inborn purpose of the eradication of the undead.

Alzrin is a Lawful Good deity whose domains include Law, Good, Repose, and Protection. His titles include 'Shepherd of Souls' and 'Keeper of the Dead'. He is opposed to undeath as it prevents the eternal rest of the soul.

Combat:

Sacred reapers prefer not to fight non-undead, although they will hunt for food. They fight much like any other web spinning spider, although they rely less upon their poison, as it only affects the undead.

Deathsense (Su): A sacred reaper is able to sense their natural foes. A sacred reaper can detect undead within 30-ft as if they had blindsight, normal walls do not block this ability, although lead and adamantine do. In addition undead possess a distinct odor to the nose of the sacred reaper and they have scent in regards to the undead, and only the undead.

Ghostly Webs (Su): A sacred reaper's webs are endued with powers to bind and trap restless spirits and may affect incorporeal undead as if they were corporeal creatures and incorporeal undead may not pass through a sacred reaper's webs. Incorporeal undead bound this way may use their Charisma in place of Strength for checks to try and escape the webs and gain a +4 bonus to such checks.

Positoxin (Su): A sacred reaper's bite attack carries with it a powerful dose of positoxins feared by the undead. Unlike normal positoxins a sacred reaper's positoxin may reduce the target's ability score to 0. A sacred reaper's positoxin has an initial and secondary damage of 1d6 Dexterity drain and 1d4 Charisma damage, and a Fort DC of 13 (Con based, includes a racial -2 penalty).

Untouched by Death (Su): The supernatural life-force of a sacred reaper protects it from harm from the undead and necromantic magic. A sacred reaper takes 1 less negative level from energy drain and negative energy based effects, and half damage from negative energy effects. In addition they gain a +2 deflection bonus to AC against undead and necromancy spells and spell-like abilities (including melee touch with a necromancy spell, or melee attacks that channel one), and a +2 resistance bonus to saving throws against the supernatural abilities of undead and against necromancy spells and spell-like abilities.

Webs (Ex): A Sacred Reaper may spin webs as a web-spinning medium monstrous spider. A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one other medium creature. They can throw a web eight times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 50 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets up to large size. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check (DC 15) or burst it with a Strength check (DC 19). Both are standard actions. The check DCs are Constitution-based, and the Strength check DC includes a +4 racial bonus.

Sacred Reapers often create sheets of sticky webbing 15 feet square. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures, especially incorporeal undead, but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot section has the hit points given on the table, and sheet webs have damage reduction 5/—.

A sacred reaper can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web.

Wraithslayer (Su): A Sacred Reaper is a foe to the undead and is able to strike incorporeal undead as if their natural weapons were ghost touch. They may also inflict their positoxin on incorporeal undead and it will inflict Charisma damage, although the Dexterity drain is negated; this only applies directly from the Sacred Reaper, if its positoxin is harvested it has no effect on incorporeal undead (as is standard for positoxins).

Skills: Sacred Reapers have a +4 racial bonus on Spot checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. A sacred reapers can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. A Sacred Reaper gains a +8 racial bonus on Survival checks to track undead creatures by scent.

Sacred Reapers and PCs: A 7th level or higher small sized paladin may summon a sacred reaper as a mount, if they do so they are treated as 2 levels lower for the special abilities of their special mount. A paladin with a sacred reaper spider special mount may imbue it with a portion of their lay on hands ability as a standard action requiring a touch. The paladin selects an amount of their lay on hands ability, up to their remaining total, and the sacred reaper gains lay on hands with that pool and the paladin loses that amount of lay on hands. When the sacred reaper is unsummoned, dies, or as a standard action the paladin regains any lay on hands points the sacred reaper may retain and it loses them.

Spider, Atlas Mountain Sniper
    Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice:12d10+60 (126 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Armor Class: 25 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +7 natural, +5 armor), touch 13, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+23
    Attack: Bite +18 melee (1d8+10 and poison) or thrown boulder +16 ranged (2d6+7) or slung stone +16 ranged (1d6+7)
    Full Attack: Bite +18 melee (1d8+10 and poison) or thrown boulders +14/+14/+9/+4 ranged (2d6+7) or slung stones +14/+14/+9/+4 ranged (1d6+7)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Poison, Rock Throwing, Stone Slinging
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, Powerful Lift, Resistant Mind, Rock Armor, Rock Catching, Tremorsense 60-ft.
    Saves: Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +5 (+11 vs Mind-Affecting)
    Abilities: Str 24, Dex 19, Con 20, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7
    Skills: Climb +15, Hide +3 (+11 in mountains), Listen +5, Move Silently +5, Spot +14.
    Feats: Far Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Quick DrawB
    Environment: Warm Mountains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or avalanche (4-16).
    Challenge Rating: 10
    Treasure: Incidental.
    Alignment: Always True Neutral.
    Advancement: 13-20 HD (Large) 21-36 HD (Huge).
    Level Adjustment: -.

Atlas Mountain sniper spiders are feared creatures of the mountain peaks. Dwelling atop tropical mountains they hunt prey, and protect their territory, by launching volleys of boulders at their prey and foes, slinging rocks and stones to crush foes. Mountain sniper spiders are sometimes raised as guard beasts by storm giants and cyclopses who share their habitat, and even the rare stone giant that lives in warmer regions. These guard beasts are trained to act as boulder based artillery for their masters, slinging stone bullets down at foes, or tossing the heavier boulders at them.

Even in the wild mountain sniper spiders use their specialized forelegs to catch and toss massive stones, or whip them at high speeds to sling smaller stones at enemies with extreme speed and force. They carry these rocks about in webbed nets, and a typical mountain sniper spider carries 6 boulders, and 30-40 stones suitable for slinging, at their lair they may have a significantly larger number of boulders within reach at all times.

Combat:

A mountain sniper spider fights by flinging boulders with its specialized forelegs. They prefer to avoid close combat, but if forced into melee will defend themselves with their poisonous bites. Although they are capable of making sticky webs with which to attach boulders to their bodies

Poison (Ex): A mountain sniper spider's bite carries a paralytic poison as a last resort. If forced to engage in melee mountain sniper spiders will poison their foes and then crush them to a pulp afterwards with their carried boulders. A mountain sniper spider's poison has a Fort save DC of 21, initial damage of 1d8 Dex, and secondary damage of 10 minutes paralysis.

Powerful Lift (Ex): A mountain sniper spider has the carrying capacity of a huge quadrupedal creature instead of a large one.

Resistant Mind (Ex): A mountain sniper spider gains a +6 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects.

Rock Armor (Ex): The boulders a mountain sniper spider carries with it serve as a sort of make-shift armor. A mountain sniper spider gains an armor bonus to AC equal to the number of boulders carried webbed to their body (max +5) and may draw these boulders with quick-draw. This is considered light armor and has an Armor Check Penalty of -2, Max Dex of +4, and Arcane Spell Failure of 20%; each 2 less than 5 boulders carried reduces the ACP by 1, the ASF by 5%, and increases their Max Dex by +1, every boulder beyond 6 increases the ACP and ASF by 5%, reduces their Max Dex by 1, and if they carry at least 8 it is medium armor, and at least 12 it is heavy armor. Due to the camouflaging effects of the rocks this armor's ACP is not applied to hide checks in the mountains.

Rock Catching (Ex): A mountain sniper spider can catch Small, Medium, or Large rocks (or projectiles of similar shape).

Once per round, a mountain sniper spider that would normally be hit by a rock can make a Reflex save to catch it as a free action. The DC is 15 for a Small rock, 20 for a Medium one, and 25 for a Large one. (If the projectile provides a magical bonus on attack rolls, the DC increases by that amount.) The mountain sniper spider must be ready for and aware of the attack in order to make a rock catching attempt.

Rock Throwing (Ex): Mountain sniper spiders are accomplished rock throwers and receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls when throwing rocks. A mountain sniper spider can hurl rocks weighing 40 to 50 pounds each (Small objects) up to five range increments with 140 ft range increments increased to 280 ft due to their Far Shot feat.

Stone Slinging (Ex): Mountain sniper spiders' specialized forelimbs while able to throw boulders with surprising range and accuracy are actually designed to perform an almost whip like motion to sling small stones (~3 lbs, diminutive objects) at foes. Like with boulders they gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with these weapons, but can throw them up to five range increments with 400 ft range increments increased to 800 ft due to their Far Shot feat. A mountain sniper spider at extreme ranges is an extremely deadly foe (and should have increased CR due to terrain advantage).

Skills: Mountain sniper spiders have a +4 racial bonus on Listen checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb and Spot checks. A mountain sniper spider can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. A mountain sniper spider gains a +8 racial bonus on Hide checks within their native mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I regive permission.
    Spider, Army (Illvenid)
    Small Outsider (Extraplanar, Lawful)
    Hit Dice:3d8+6 (19 hp)
    Speed: 50 ft (10 squares), climb 25-ft
    Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+0
    Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d4+1 and poison) or web +7 ranged touch.
    Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d4+1 and poison) or web +7 ranged touch.
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Group Fighting, Poison, Web.
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, Hivemind, Outsider Traits, Telepathy 300 ft, Tremorsense 60-ft.
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 12, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 10
    Skills: Climb +17, Craft (any 2) +2 (+10 when related to building structures), Hide +9 (+13 in 'fortress'), Listen +12, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) +2 (+10 when related to construction or integrity of structures), Move Silently +7 (+11 in 'fortress'), Spot +12.
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Acheron.
    Organization: Scout band (3-12), warband (20-120), battalion (100-1000), or army (largest recorded was ~50,000,000).
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: Incidental.
    Alignment: Always Lawful Evil.
    Advancement: 4-6 HD (Small) 7-12 HD (Medium), 13-18 HD (Large).

Army spiders, or as they are also called illvenids, are a scourge of life found upon the Eternal Battlefield of Acheron. Dwelling primarily upon the 2nd and 3rd lairs of the plane, they are genocidal, communal spiders with an iron-grey color. Illvenids are communal in the extreme, barely recognizing the concept of 'self' living solely for their 'army' as a group of illvenids is called. When two armies meet the illvenids will exterminate each other, and enslave the survivors, and as such many illvenid armies have a strict caste system with the native army in command, and those armies they have directly enslaved serving under them as expendable fodder, and in some cases those slaves will have their own enslaved armies. There is only one thing which has been known to prevent two illvenid armies from warring until the destruction and enslavement of the other army the presence of other creatures.

Illvenids will not permit other creatures to live within their always expanding territory. The illvenids will exterminate absolutely any other creature they encounter expanding their territory to encompass that which the creature once controlled, even allying with other illvenid armies and allowing them movement through their territory for the task. When an illvenid inhabited cube crashes into another inhabited cube of Acheron the army spiders mad rush to expand into the new territory before it is lost is a bloody and horrible sight to see whichever side wins.

Illvenids live for their drive to expand, exploit, and exterminate, constantly exploring for new regions to expand into. Illvenids build 'fortresses' like massive termite mounds out of any materials available plus their webs and spit to serve as control points across their territory. These fortresses house their nurseries and creches which contain their young and eggs, as well as massive hosts of warriors. These fortresses range from being constructed of adamantine, rusted weapons and armor, and stone, to being made from the bones of creatures the illvenids have slain.

Illvenids do not speak any language, and while they have telepathy they do not use it to communicate with non-illvenids, typically ignoring any communications. Particularly intelligent (10+) illvenids know one of Common, Goblin, Infernal, or Orc, plus an additional one per point of Intelligence bonus. They do not use these languages to communicate, but merely to listen to the communications of their enemies. Illvenids will, on occasion, parley with rakshasa, baatezu, and rust dragons, due to these creatures possessing nigh invulnerability to the attacks of illvenids and a tendency to absolutely destroy illvenid armies that oppose them (single-handedly in the case of rust dragons).

Some sages claim the first illvenids were petitioners who allowed themselves to be driven to genocidal excess by the call of patriotism, others claim they are just a natural manifestation of Acheron showcasing the desire to expand at the cost of all outside the group.

Combat:

Illvenids fight with surprising cunning and tactics, instinctively working with ambushes, booby traps, and any other way they may harry or destroy opposition. No illvenid will fight alone, in fact it is unheard of for an illvenid to willingly be out of hivemind range of at least 2 other illvenids except in dire circumstances. Illvenids prefer to swarm over a single foe, using their group fighting ability to bring them down.

Group Fighting (Ex): An illvenid gains a +1 morale bonus to attack and melee damage against a creature for each other illvenid that has attacked it in melee since that creature's last turn up to a maximum bonus of the illvenid's hit dice.

Hive Mind (Su): All illvenid within telepathy range of each other are in constant communication. If one is aware of a particular danger, they all are. If one in a group is not flat-footed, none of them are. No formian in a group is considered flanked unless all of them are. If an illvenid is in telepathy range of two illvenids who are not within telepathy range of each other it acts as a relay connecting them into the same hive mind (and so on).

Poison (Ex): An illvenid's bite carries a dangerous poison. The Fortitude save (Con based) is DC 13, with an initial damage of 1d4 Str, Dex, and Con and 1 minute sickened, and a secondary damage of 1d6 Str, Dex, and Con and fatigue (until rested).

Tremorsense (Ex): The range of an illvenid's tremorsense is doubled within an illvenid fortress.

Web (Ex): An illvenid may spin webs as a web-spinning small monstrous spider. A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one other small creature. They can throw a web eight times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 50 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets up to medium size. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check (DC 13) or burst it with a Strength check (DC 17). Both are standard actions. The check DCs are Constitution-based, and the Strength check DC includes a +4 racial bonus.

Illvenids often create sheets of sticky webbing 10 feet square per illvenid working in their construction. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures, but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot section has the hit points given on the table, and sheet webs have damage reduction 5/—.

An illvenid can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web. Illvenids treat webs spun by fellow members of their army as their own web.

Skills: Illvenids have a +4 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb. An illvenid can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. Illvenids use Dex in place of Str for the purposes of climb checks. An illvenid gains a +4 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently within their fortresses, and a +8 racial bonus to all Craft or Knowledge (architecture and engineering) checks related to the construction or integrity of structures.

Yo Zaydos, You don't need my permission to use my persona as inspiration. Do whatever you want. If you want me to give you feedback about how I feel about something, I'll try to do so when I am not... In that state of mind... I sometimes wonder if a psychologist would find me interesting or extremely boring.

edit: also don't feel the need to make more stuff for me cause I posted, you do you.
    Spider, Limbo
    Large Magical Beast (Chaotic, Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice:5d10+15 (42 hp)
    Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+12
    Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+4 and poison)
    Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+4 and poison)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Poison
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, Far Stepping, Low-Light Vision, Resistance to Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Sonic 5, Warped Space.
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 17, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 7, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Skills: Climb +11, Move Silently +11, Spot +4
    Feats: Ability Focus (poison), Improved Initiative.
    Environment: Limbo.
    Organization: Solitary, or cluster (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: None.
    Alignment: Always Chaotic (usually neutral).
    Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge).

Originally descended from phase spiders brought to the plane of Limbo, Limbo spiders have developed into a dangerous species of aggressive predator found in the ever-shifting chaos of the plane. Having lost their ability to step between worlds due to being on a plane unconnected to the Ethereal, Limbo spiders have developed the ability to warp space around them instead, using it to close with foes quickly and defensively to redirect attacks and magical energies towards their foes.

Limbo spiders come in a wild variety of colors ranging from bright blues and reds to dull browns and a variety of patterns. In fact the splotches of color on Limbo spiders are said to never be the same on two spiders and change even on the same spider over a matter of hours or days at the most.

Unlike phase spiders Limbo spiders may speak Slaad. It is very rare for a Limbo spider to know any other languages.

Combat:

Limbo spiders prefer to rush into combat, use their bite attack to inflict a foe with their confusing poison and then use their far step away again and let a band of enemies fight among themselves.

Far-Stepping (Su): As a swift action a Limbo spider may warp space around them to teleport up to 400 ft. 1/day as a full-round action a Limbo spider may teleport 100d% miles in a random direction. Limbo spiders use this ability as an emergency escape measure.

Poison (Ex/Su): A Limbo spider's poison is magically charged. They inject it with their bite and it has a Fort save DC of 17 (Con based, includes Ability Focus) and a primary damage of 1d8 Con and 1 minute Confusion and a secondary damage of 1d8 Con and 10 minute Confusion. In antimagic or a dead magic zone the confusion effect of their poison is negated.

Warped Space (Su): A Limbo spider's presence warps space around itself defensively. Any attack or effect has a 20% chance of failing to affect a Limbo spider (in the case of continuous area effects this chance is applied each round) as it simply does not reach the spider. If an attack or targeted effect misses a Limbo spider due to this ability the Limbo spider may shunt it towards an adjacent creature or its own source as a free action. If this happens the effect affects the new target as if it had initially targeted them using the same attack roll.

Skills: A limbo spider has a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.

I'm still here.
    Monstrous Spider, Singing (Template)

A singing monstrous spider is a variety of spider which has a series of grooves along its 2nd and 3rd pairs of legs and ridges along its thorax which allow it to create a cricket-like song by running its legs against its thorax. Singing spiders are as a rule hunting spiders as their music used to attract a mate and unnerve prey and predator alike would simply drive prey away from a web-spinner's lair.

A small or larger singing spider gains the following ability:

Frightening Song (Ex): A singing spider may, as a full round action, rub its legs along its thorax to create a song which unnerves and disturbs creatures. Any creature within range (see table below) must make a Will save (DC is Constitution based and shown on the table below) or be shaken for 2d6 rounds, or if they have no more than 1/2 the spider's hit dice be paralyzed with fear for 1d3 rounds and then shaken for 2d6 minutes. Multiple frightening songs, even those of different singing spiders, do not stack, and a creature which successfully saves against a singing spider's frightening song gains immunity to that singing spider's frightening song for 24 hours.

Size Range Will save DC
    Small 15-ft 10
    Medium 20-ft 12
    Large 30-ft 13
    Huge 40-ft 16
    Gargantuan 60-ft 20
    Colossal 90-ft 28

Singing spiders have other songs in the repertoire but the frightening song is the only one with a game mechanic effect.

Singing spiders have +1 CR, or +2 if colossal.

Singing Spiders as Familiars: A singing hairy spider (uses all stats as a hairy spider) may be taken as a familiar and if so grants its master a +2 bonus to Intimidate and Perform checks. A small singing spider may be taken as an improved familiar (requires level 4+) and grants its master the same bonus and whenever it is used to deliver a touch spell inflicts its poison on the target with a -4 to the save DC of the poison. A medium singing spider may be taken as an improved familiar at level 7+, and a large one at level 10+; these function as small singing spiders granting the same advantages.

Thrallherd and twin eleven maid thralls? Interesting...

*resists temptation to make a BBEG using that build*

Oh, and Zaydos, if you feel like you have any other ideas based off of me, feel free to make them. I'm extremely pleased with what I already have, but if it boosts your creativity and/or keeps you busy until more tributes arrive, I wouldn't mind more...
    Spider, Hoard Guardian Swarm
    Diminutive Magical Beast (Swarm)
    Hit Dice:10d10+10 (65 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), climb 30-ft
    Armor Class: 19 (+4 size, +5 Dex), touch 19, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/-
    Attack: Swarm (2d6 and poison)
    Full Attack: Swarm (2d6 and poison)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/0 ft
    Special Attacks: Distraction, Poison
    Special Qualities: Acid Immunity, damage reduction 5/magic, darkvision 60-ft, immune to weapon damage, mindless, swarm traits, tremorsense 30-ft.
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 1, Dex 21, Con 12, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 2
    Skills: Climb +13, Hide +17 (+27 in hoard), Listen +4, Spot +4.
    Feats: -
    Environment: Temperate and Warm Forests and Marshes (occasionally Deserts and Mountains as well)
    Organization: Solitary, or tangle (2–4 swarms).
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: Double standard when not encountered within the treasure of another creature.
    Alignment: Always True Neutral.
    Advancement: None.

Hoard guardian spiders are a variety of small, about coin sized, monstrous spiders believed to have been bred into existence by dragon biomancers. Gold, silver, or coppery in color these diminutive spiders hide within the hoards of dragons seeming to be instinctively drawn to them, and they will attack any non-dragon that wanders too close to their nest. This, coupled with their poison's most definitely unnatural effect, dragons' immunity to it, and their own immunity to acidic attacks has led many sages to theorize they were designed by green dragons* as a means of protecting their lairs.

Whatever the truth behind it, hoard guardian spiders exist in a mutualistic relationship with many green and black dragons, the dragon bringing carcasses to the horde of spiders and the spiders attacking any adventurers foolish enough to attempt to sneak into the dragon's lair to rob it while it is away. Even if the spiders fail to kill the adventurers, the aurophobia induced by their poison is often enough to prevent intrepid adventurers from looting the hoard, and the wealth they drop out of fear can even be used to augment it.

Even so compared to the dragons whose hoards they protect these creatures are barely nuisances, little biting things that wear away at foes, but even a minor nuisance can be deadly when attempting to fight a dragon. What's worse for would be baby slayers some green dragons that do not care to watch over their young directly have taken to leaving their clutches with a small hoard of copper and a swarm of these spiders. Adventurers prepared to slay hatchlings are often not prepared to deal with a swarm at the same time. Furthermore reports of fire and electricity immune breeds being used by red and blue dragons respectively have reached my ears. There are even rumors of ice immune breeds but I have yet to find any substantiated proof.

-Zasper, the Dragon Sage.

*: A certain dracolich claims to have created them during Erutnevda's Necrobotany Wars which ended its Age of Biomancy but without outside confirmation I choose not to believe self-aggrandizing dracoliches.

Combat:

A hoard guardian swarm fights much like a regular spider swarm, although they will rarely pursue prey too far beyond line of sight to their lair. Their swarm attacks deal 2d6 damage.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a hoard guardian spider swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 16 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Poison (Ex/Su): Injury, Fortitude DC 16, initial and secondary damage 1d6 Str and 2d6 acid damage (fire immune and electricity immune swarms deal fire and electricity instead respectively) in addition a failure induces aurophobia for 1 minute (initial) or 1 hour (secondary). The save DC is Constitution-based. The energy damage and aurophobia are supernatural in nature and the aurophobia is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Any creature suffering aurophobia from this effect develops an intense fear of gold, silver (including alchemical), copper, and platinum, as well as gems and jewels of all sorts. They will not touch such objects, and if carrying them immediately divest themselves of them as quickly as possible. In addition they become frightened whenever within 5-ft of at least 20 lbs of such objects (1000 coins), and shaken as long as they can see any such object.

Skills: A hoard guardian spider swarm has a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently and Spot checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. It uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Climb checks. It can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened. When within a pile of coins a hoard guardian spider swarm gains a +10 racial bonus to Hide checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Oh, you can send me around as many times as you like, too.
    Ettercap, Curse-Weaver
    Medium Aberration
    Hit Dice: 6d8+12 (39 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+5
    Attack: Bite +6 melee (1d8+2 plus poison)
    Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d8+2 plus poison) and 2 claws +3 melee (1d3+1)
    Space/Reach:
    5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Curse, poison, web
    Special Qualities: Low-light vision, spell resistance 16.
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 15, Cha 14
    Skills: Climb +10, Craft (trapmaking) +6, Hide +9, Listen +4, Spot +8
    Feats:
    Ability Focus (curse), Great Fortitude, Multiattack
    Environment: Warm forests
    Organization: Solitary, or troupe (1-2 plus 3-6 regular ettercaps plus 4–12 Medium monstrous spiders)
    Challenge Rating:
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually neutral evil
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +5

Curse-weaver ettercaps are dangerous sports and mutants occasionally born to regular ettercaps. More intelligent than their kin with a much greater force of spirit, these ettercaps have the mystical ability to weave dreadful curses and inflict them on others. They naturally gravitate towards positions of power when they are accompanied by other ettercaps, their natural abilities and superior persuasiveness making them a natural for the position.

Even more so than regular ettercaps a curse-weaver relishes the taste of still-living flesh, and especially the horror and terror felt by conscious creatures as they are eaten.

Curse-weaver ettercaps speak Common.

Combat:

Curse-weaver ettercaps are wary of melee combat like any of their kindred even though they know that they may rely upon their curse and are thus a little less hesitant than most. Still they prefer to avoid remaining within melee range of one they have cursed fleeing back again as soon as possible unless it has been rendered incapable of movement by their web or poison.

Curse (Su): A curse-weaver ettercap can naturally weave curses. 1/round they may simulate the effects of a bestow curse spell (DC 15, Charisma based) with a touch, or upon a successful claw (but not bite) attack. The curses bestowed this way last only 30 minutes, and are automatically removed with a Bestow Curse or Break Enchantment spell.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 17, initial damage 1d6 Dex, secondary damage 2d6 Dex. The save DC is Constitution based and includes a +2 racial bonus.

Web (Ex):A curse-weaver ettercap can throw a web ten times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 50 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets of up to Large size. The web anchors the target in place, allowing no movement.

An entangled creature can escape with a DC 15 Escape Artist check or burst the web with a DC 19 Strength check. The check DCs are Constitution-based, and the Strength check DC includes a +4 racial bonus. The web has 6 hit points, hardness 0, and takes double damage from fire.

Curse-weaver ettercaps can also create sheets of sticky webbing from 5 to 60 feet square. They usually position these to snare flying creatures but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web, or they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing receive a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot-square section has 6 hit points, hardness 0, and takes double damage from fire.

A curse-weaver ettercap can move across its own sheet web at its climb speed and can determine the exact location of any creature touching the web.

Skills: Curse-weaver ettercaps have a +4 racial bonus on Craft (trapmaking), Hide, and Spot checks. They have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-08 at 08:23 PM.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #210
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh. Illvenid's have force webbing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.