New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

Oh I love it man, those are both awesome!

I can see myself using the Mountain Sniper spider in games quite easily. And as Large Magical Beasts, they could serve as mounts for medium creatures(Goliath Spider cavalry anyone?)
    Your friendly neighbourhood sniperman.
    My controversial opinions:
    • I like blue souls.
    • Alignment isn't terrible.

My Homebrew: Feng Shui; Magic in Zones, Plus others I'm not particularly proud of rn.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Oh. Illvenid's have force webbing?
    That'd be a copy-paste error. Only the anti-undead spiders are supposed to have ghost touch webbing.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlasSniperman View Post
    Oh I love it man, those are both awesome!

I can see myself using the Mountain Sniper spider in games quite easily. And as Large Magical Beasts, they could serve as mounts for medium creatures(Goliath Spider cavalry anyone?)
    I almost noted them being used by goliaths for cavalry, but decided it was unlikely for goliaths to manage to tame them in sufficient force (i.e. they're strong enough to squash too many goliaths) so I shifted it to big ones being used by stone giants as mounts.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm a force multiplier! I take your spider, and I make it better.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm up for being perma permissioned for this. The one thing I'd bring up is I actually hate spiders so preferably not one based off me. Any other questions you need for ideas, ask away.
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

giving permission to make any thing for me thoug totemist hellfire warlock fusion prc would be nice

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Spider, Hoard Guardian Swarm
    Diminutive Magical Beast (Swarm)
    Hit Dice:10d10+10 (65 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), climb 30-ft
    Armor Class: 19 (+4 size, +5 Dex), touch 19, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/-
    Attack: Swarm (2d6 and poison)
    Full Attack: Swarm (2d6 and poison)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/0 ft
    Special Attacks: Distraction, Poison
    Special Qualities: Acid Immunity, damage reduction 5/magic, darkvision 60-ft, immune to weapon damage, mindless, swarm traits, tremorsense 30-ft.
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 1, Dex 21, Con 12, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 2
    Skills: Climb +13, Hide +17 (+27 in hoard), Listen +4, Spot +4.
    Feats: -
    Environment: Temperate and Warm Forests and Marshes (occasionally Deserts and Mountains as well)
    Organization: Solitary, or tangle (2–4 swarms).
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: Double standard when not encountered within the treasure of another creature.
    Alignment: Always True Neutral.
    Advancement: None.
    Level Adjustment: -.

Hoard guardian spiders are a variety of small, about coin sized, monstrous spiders believed to have been bred into existence by dragon biomancers. Gold, silver, or coppery in color these diminutive spiders hide within the hoards of dragons seeming to be instinctively drawn to them, and they will attack any non-dragon that wanders too close to their nest. This, coupled with their poison's most definitely unnatural effect, dragons' immunity to it, and their own immunity to acidic attacks has led many sages to theorize they were designed by green dragons* as a means of protecting their lairs.

Whatever the truth behind it, hoard guardian spiders exist in a mutualistic relationship with many green and black dragons, the dragon bringing carcasses to the horde of spiders and the spiders attacking any adventurers foolish enough to attempt to sneak into the dragon's lair to rob it while it is away. Even if the spiders fail to kill the adventurers, the aurophobia induced by their poison is often enough to prevent intrepid adventurers from looting the hoard, and the wealth they drop out of fear can even be used to augment it.

Even so compared to the dragons whose hoards they protect these creatures are barely nuisances, little biting things that wear away at foes, but even a minor nuisance can be deadly when attempting to fight a dragon. What's worse for would be baby slayers some green dragons that do not care to watch over their young directly have taken to leaving their clutches with a small hoard of copper and a swarm of these spiders. Adventurers prepared to slay hatchlings are often not prepared to deal with a swarm at the same time. Furthermore reports of fire and electricity immune breeds being used by red and blue dragons respectively have reached my ears. There are even rumors of ice immune breeds but I have yet to find any substantiated proof.

-Zasper, the Dragon Sage.

*: A certain dracolich claims to have created them during Erutnevda's Necrobotany Wars which ended its Age of Biomancy but without outside confirmation I choose not to believe self-aggrandizing dracoliches.

Combat:

A hoard guardian swarm fights much like a regular spider swarm, although they will rarely pursue prey too far beyond line of sight to their lair. Their swarm attacks deal 2d6 damage.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a hoard guardian spider swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 16 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Poison (Ex/Su): Injury, Fortitude DC 16, initial and secondary damage 1d6 Str and 2d6 acid damage (fire immune and electricity immune swarms deal fire and electricity instead respectively) in addition a failure induces aurophobia for 1 minute (initial) or 1 hour (secondary). The save DC is Constitution-based. The energy damage and aurophobia are supernatural in nature and the aurophobia is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Any creature suffering aurophobia from this effect develops an intense fear of gold, silver (including alchemical), copper, and platinum, as well as gems and jewels of all sorts. They will not touch such objects, and if carrying them immediately divest themselves of them as quickly as possible. In addition they become frightened whenever within 5-ft of at least 20 lbs of such objects (1000 coins), and shaken as long as they can see any such object.

Skills: A hoard guardian spider swarm has a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently and Spot checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. It uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Climb checks. It can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened. When within a pile of coins a hoard guardian spider swarm gains a +10 racial bonus to Hide checks.
    There's a fire-immune species? I'll take 200, please and thank you. Though I must ask why they have DR if they're immune to weapon damage anyways...
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    There's a fire-immune species? I'll take 200, please and thank you. Though I must ask why they have DR if they're immune to weapon damage anyways...
    I've seen people run DR against cave ins and certain other non-magical AoEs. Personally if someone knocked a statue down on a swarm I'd probably have it deal some damage, but I'd apply DR. Also hellwasp swarm has DR so it was in keeping with official sources.

And originally fire immune was going to be the default, but then I realized that creating them was more in keeping with Green or Blacks than Reds.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

And started work on this yesterday but it took a while, was more complicated than I'd guessed at, still I think it's done. As a note my actual knowledge of coding/programming is limited to making sure a friend didn't fail the intro to java class we took together.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    I'm curious about what you could do with me, I like psionics, improvising everything at the last second, coding (which could be any number of things), and (specifically what I want to see what you do with) avoiding fighting. No problem if you can't, I haven't really interacted with you at all.
    Reality Coder

A Reality Coder has been awoken to the fact that all things are just code, that reality itself is but a series of information which can be read and manipulated. Magic manipulates this code with a series of hand movements and vocal commands, psionics goes a step further manipulating it with nothing but thought, but reality coders go one further knowingly altering it.

Adventures: A Reality Coder often adventures for knowledge, after all the more they know the more they can alter the code of reality. Others seek not knowledge of how to alter the code, but knowledge of what is the purpose behind it all. A Reality Coder may seek out strange magic which breaks the normal rules to see if it tells them anything new about the half understood Source Code.

Characteristics: Reality Coders manipulate the code of reality. They are limited in that by attempting to alter the code of reality directly they risk bringing its attention to them more directly, and a reality coder who pushed themselves beyond their normal limits would not only find it failed because reality caught on and corrected itself but that reality might have decided to correct them. As such they primarily focus on modifying themselves, gaining various defensive benefits from doing so, and certain linked sets of codes that they know well and can apply safely. However they also learn some simple brute force hacks that can devastate opponents completely.

Alignment: Reality Coders come in all alignments. While Reality Coders know that life is not random, but that there are rules and programs controlling all aspects, something that would make many a soul Lawful, they often rebel against this. After all they are changing this control code, reprogramming it to their desire, and as such many Reality Coders are Chaotic. Good aligned Reality Coders tend to wear white, especially hats, where Evil aligned Reality Coders have the same penchant for black hats for some reason.

Religion: Reality Coders sometimes follow gods of Knowledge, Magic, or Trickery. Some, however, worship the Source Code of Reality as if it were a god. Some might accuse them of hypocrisy for modify the nature of their god, but they’d claim their powers are the same as those of a cleric, granted to them by the Source Code just the same as those false deities grant clerics powers.

Background: At some point in life a Reality Coder was offered a choice between the blue pill (of incarnum) and the red pill of awakening. They chose the red pill… Wait no. Many reality coders begin as wizard’s apprentices. At some point, however, they catch a glimpse at the underlying code of the world either due to a random glitch in reality, magical ritual, or perhaps the mad whim of some god. Even then many continue to become wizards, after all it’s easy to use magic to command the code. Some however abandon traditional magic to pursue the direct manipulation of reality code.

Races: A Reality Coder can be of any race, although elves are more likely than most. Dwarven reality coders are rare but not non-existent. Orcish reality coders are rarer still to the point of being unheard of.

Other Classes: I hate this section and refuse to write it at the moment.

Role: A Reality Coder’s role depends upon their domains. Their delete code and invoke glitch abilities give them a basic ability to damage or debuff enemies, and their medium BAB allows them to serve as a secondary melee, although at low levels their low hp is an issue. A Reality Coder’s domains can push them towards a primary combatant with buff heavy domains, a healer with the heal domain, a stealth-based scout with the trickery domain, etc.

Adaptation: Reality Coder is an adaptation of Incarnation.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
    Reality Coders have the following game statistics.
    Abilities: What class features an Reality Coder has that key off of an ability do so from Intelligence making it very important to the class. Beyond that they benefit from high Strength or Dexterity for combat purposes, and Constitution provides hit points.
    Alignment: A Reality Coder can be any alignment.
    Hit Die: d6
    Starting Age: As wizard.
    Starting Gold: As sorcerer.

Class Skills
    The Reality Coder's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (any, each taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), Psicraft (Int), Speak Language (n/a), Spellcraft (Int), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Psionic Device (Cha).
    Special: A Reality Coder with the Trickery domain adds Move Silently and Sleight of Hand to their class skills in addition to Disguise, and Hide. A Reality Coder with the Animal domain adds Handle Animal to their class skills.

Skill Points at First Level: (2 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

REALITY CODER
    Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special SLA Spell Level
    1st
    +0
    +0
    +0
    +2
    Code Library, Administrative Access (1 Domain), Code Sight, Delete Code, Power Points, Restore Default, Hack Ability 1st
    2nd
    +1
    +0
    +0
    +3
    Invoke Glitch, Modify Life Code (2) 1st
    3rd
    +2
    +1
    +1
    +3
    Modify Own Code, Hack Save 2nd
    4th
    +3
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Defense Code 2nd
    5th
    +3
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Administrator Access (2nd Domain), Hack Skill 3rd
    6th
    +4
    +2
    +2
    +5
    Improved Code Library, Modify Life Code (3) 3rd
    7th
    +5
    +2
    +2
    +5
    Lock Vital Code, Modify Own Code 4th
    8th
    +6
    +2
    +2
    +6
    Glitch Position 4th
    9th
    +6
    +3
    +3
    +6
    Scramble Code, Modify Life Code (4) 5th
    10th
    +7
    +3
    +3
    +7
    Administrator Access (3rd Domain), Hack Other 5th
    11th
    +8
    +3
    +3
    +7
    Modify Own Code 6th
    12th
    +9
    +4
    +4
    +8
    Greater Restore Default 6th
    13th
    +9
    +4
    +4
    +8
    Greater Code Library, Modify Life Code (5) 7th
    14th
    +10
    +4
    +4
    +9
    Hack Reality (1/day Limited Wish), Immutable Form 7th
    15th
    +11
    +5
    +5
    +9
    Administrator Access (4th Domain), Modify Own Code 8th
    16th
    +12
    +5
    +5
    +10
    Manipulate Elder Code, Modify Life Code (6), Spell Resistance 8th
    17th
    +12
    +5
    +5
    +10
    Manipulate Elder Code, Re-Code Position (teleport to spatial coordinates of choice, 3/day) 9th
    18th
    +13
    +6
    +6
    +11
    Manipulate Elder Code, Superior Code Library 9th
    19th
    +14
    +6
    +6
    +11
    Manipulate Elder Code, Modify Own Code 9th
    20th
    +15
    +6
    +6
    +12
    True Code Sight, Modify Reality 9th

Class Features
    All of the following are class features of the Reality Coder.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Reality Coder is proficient in all simple weapons, as well as light armor and shields (excluding tower shields). A Reality Coder with the War domain may add 3 martial weapons and Medium Armor or 1 martial weapon and Heavy Armor.

Code Library: A Reality Coder is only as good as the code they know. While all know certain brute force hacks, and many ways to modify their own code, the world is watching and its code is self-repairing, accepted code is much easier to slip past it than random improvisation. A Reality Coder learns a library of code in the form of (Clerical) Domains. At 1st level they learn 2 domains, and at 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level they learn an additional domain. They may use the 1st level spell from each learned domain as a psi-like ability 1/day, unless it is a domain that they have learned to Administrative Access for in which case that ability supersedes this one and the uses between them are not added together. In addition 1/day as a full round action a Reality Coder may choose to swap their remaining daily uses of psi-like abilities of a domain they have learned to Administrative Access for a number of uses of a domain from their code library, however doing so costs them half of their maximum daily uses of psi-like abilities of each level (rounded down) granted by Administrative Access in the swapped out domain, and they only gain uses of the new domain equal to those remaining (after the swap) in the swapped out domain. You must have all psi-like abilities you would have to sacrifice available to swap, if you are missing even a single use you cannot swap. When you regain uses of your Administrative Access ability you also reset to your default domain list. Psi-like abilities used through Code Library have their save DC (if any) based off of their Intelligence modifier not their Charisma modifier.

For example if you had the Fire, Water, Earth, and Air domains selected as your Administrative Access and could use 8th level spell like abilities (giving you 8 1st, 7 2nd, 6 3rd, 5 4th, 4 5th, 3 6th, 2 7th, and 1 8th) and had all your uses of the Fire domain you could swap it for one of the other domains in your code library, for example Animal. To do so you would lose 4 1st, 3 2nd, 3 3rd, 2 4th, 2 5th, 1 6th, and 1 7th leaving you with 4/4/3/3/2/2/1/1 uses of the Animal domain’s granted spells and no uses of the Fire domain’s. If you only had 3 1st level psi-like abilities of your Earth domain remaining you could not swap it even if you had all your other Earth domain psi-like abilities remaining.

Administrative Access (Psi): A Reality Coder learns to manipulate primal code of reality, however such code is difficult to change and reality has a tendency to fix it even as one changes it. To get around this a Reality Coder must use certain short-cuts to gain limited administrative access. This is similar in ways to arcane magic, as both are direct manipulation of the fabric of reality, however a Reality Coder learns to work that code into their very being and manipulate it with nothing more than a thought. A Reality Coder selects one of the domains in their Code Library. They gain that domain’s granted power (replacing all references to Cleric or Cleric levels with Reality Coder/Reality Coder levels) a Reality Coder the ability to use spells from the selected domain as psi-like abilities. A Reality gains access to the 1st level spell from these domains as a psi-like ability, gaining access to a new level of spell at each odd Reality Coder level beyond 1st. A Reality Coder begins with only a single use of each psi-like ability gains an extra use of each psi-like ability they possess every 2 levels beyond that which gave them access to spells of its level (as shown on the table below). Psi-like abilities used through Administrative Access have their save DC (if any) based off of their Intelligence modifier not their Charisma modifier.

A Reality Coder must pay any XP cost of these spells as normal, and they are cast at their normal casting time (instead of as a standard action) if it is greater than 1 full round, or less than one standard action.

Reality Coder gains access to a 2nd domain at 5th level, gaining a full second set of uses (though these uses must be the new domain, they cannot use uses of one to fuel the other), a 3rd domain at 10th, and their 4th and final domain at 15th.

If you gain access to a Domain which grants Greater Turning as its granted power you instead gain Turn Undead (unless you already have Turn Undead), if you gain a Domain which grants Extra Turning you instead gain either Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead (as determined by your alignment) if you do not already have either. If a domain otherwise improves Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead you gain either Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead determined by your alignment if you do not already have either unless the domain's effect specifies one or the other, in which case you gain it if you do not have it or the normal domain effect if you do.

If you gain access to the Spell Domain when you first use Anyspell or Greater Anyspell each day you select a spell and replace your uses of Anyspell or Greater Anyspell with that spell. You gain Dispel Magic in place of Mnemonic Enhancer (yes it's a Lv 3 spell in a 4th level slot, you just got Anyspell so I have to reduce the power somehow).

Planar Domains: A Reality Coder cannot select Planar Domains.

Daily SLA uses by level
    Reality Coder Level 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    1st-2nd 1 - - - - - - - -
    3rd-4th 2 1 - - - - - - -
    5th-6th 3 2 1 - - - - - -
    7th-8th 4 3 2 1 - - - - -
    9th-10th 5 4 3 2 1 - - - -
    11th-12th 6 5 4 3 2 1 - - -
    13th-14th 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 - -
    15th-16th 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 -
    17th-18th 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
    19th-20th 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2

A Note on Spells as Psi-like Abilities: As spells cannot be augmented when used as psi-like abilities they are identical to spell-like abilities. The exception is for those rare abilities which ignore transparency (most of which hinder psionics over spells). It’s used because using one’s thoughts alone to manipulate reality’s code is closer to psionics than magic and that’s all.

Code Sight (Su): A Reality Coder has seen past the veil and looked at the truth of reality below it. As a standard action a Reality Coder may gain the benefit of True Seeing and Arcane Sight both with a range of 60 ft until the start of their next turn. A Reality Coder may use this ability 1/day per class level. Alternatively a Reality Coder may, as a standard action, read a creature’s code by expending a use of this ability. Doing so allows them to learn one of: all 6 of their ability scores; their max and current hp and hit dice (including die type); their type and subtype; their AC and saving throw bonuses; their BAB and total attack bonus with each attack; their highest level spell or psi-like ability and number of spell slots or number of psi-like ability and how many of those are at-will; any special resistances or immunities the creature possesses (DR, immunity to fear, fire resistance, spell resistance, etc). The target is allowed a Will save (DC 10 + ½ Reality Coder level + Int modifier) to prevent this reading.

Delete Code (Su): Reality fixes code changes. Accepted code, the psi-like abilities granted by Administrative Access and to a lesser extent a Reality Coder’s Code Library, is not fixed immediately, but randomly interjected code rarely lasts long. However a Reality Coder can delete part of a creature or object’s code working directly to destroy it, while reality reactively fixes it to the best of its ability, the ability to repair what is no longer there is limited, and this results in damage to the object (or creature) the Reality Coder was attempting to delete. Activating this ability is a standard action. When activated this ability deals 1d6 damage per class level to one target (either a creature or an object) within 20-ft +10-ft per class level. This damage is pure divine force, not subject to damage reduction or energy resistance, and deals full damage to objects although hardness still applies.No attack roll is required and there is no save to resist this effect. Once a Reality Coder uses this ability they must wait 5 rounds before using it again. No combination of feats or abilities may allow you to use your Delete Code more often than once every other round.

This counts as Deific Wrath for the purposes of feat prerequisites.

Hack Stats (Su): A Reality Coder learns how to quickly substitute one portion of their code for another. While reality fixes this substitution in quick order, it can still last long enough for a Reality Coder to put it to good use. 1/day, plus 1/day per 5 Reality Coder levels beyond 1st, a Reality Coder may hack one of their ability scores other than Intelligence. When they do so they replace that ability score with their Intelligence score for 3 + Int modifier rounds. Any modifiers already extent on it are replaced with those extent on their Intelligence (for example if a Reality Coder had taken 4 Str damage and used this ability to replace their Str the damage would be removed for the duration, at the same time if they had a +4 Belt of Strength that bonus would be lost), however if those modifiers to their Intelligence are removed (for example Fox’s Cunning was cast on them but its duration ends) they are not removed from the replaced stat, and any new modifiers to it are still applied normally (although bonuses keep their type, so if they had a +4 enhancement bonus to Intelligence used Hack Stats to augment their Strength and then had an ally cast Bull’s Strength on them it would have no effect). When this effect ends all previously extant modifiers remain (unless their duration ended) and any that were applied during its duration still apply (although they may not always stack with previous ones). The bonus to an ability score from Modify Own Code (see below) is a special exception to Hack Stats, it applies after the use of Hack Stats and when coupled with Hack Stats can increase an ability score to higher than your Int score. Using Hack Stats is a free action.

Power Points: A Reality Coder does not gain the ability to manifest psionic powers, however their manipulation of reality’s code is very similar to it, and they do begin to develop certain minor psionic abilities. A Reality Coder gains power points equal to their class level.

Restore Default (Su): A Reality Coder has altered their own code to make it return to its preferred state more quickly giving them enhanced regenerative properties. When a Reality Coder would normally regain hit points due to rest they regain hp equal to their max hp +10 and fully heal all ability damage (including burn). In addition a Reality Coder can regrow lost limbs and body parts, though doing so takes 1d3+1 weeks.

Invoke Glitch (Su): A Reality Coder learns to introduce scrambled code into a creature’s being, weakening an opponent's ability to succeed. While this code does not last long it can prove quite fatal in its short duration. When activated one target creature within 20-ft +10-ft per class level suffers a -1 penalty to attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and saving throws until the end of your next turn. This penalty increases by -1 for every 4 levels you have in a class which advances Delete Code. Using this ability counts as a use of Delete Code and you must wait to use either ability again until you could use Delete Code (you cannot use Invoke Glitch if you could not use Delete Code).

Modify Life Code (Ex): A Reality Coder has modified the very code of their vitality and life to make it harder to extinguish. Beginning at 2nd level an Reality Coder re-rolls ones on Reality Coder hit dice (if using average hp this means an Reality Coder gains 4 hp per die), and if they did not take their first level in Reality Coder they re-roll the hp for that level and keep it if it is better. Beginning at 6th level an Reality Coder re-rolls 1s and 2s for hp on Reality Coder levels (if using average hp this means an Reality Coder gains 4 hp/die if low average, 5 hp/die if high average, and 4.5 hp/die if true average) and re-rolls all previous dice keeping their new total hp if better than their old. At 9th, 13th, and 16th level there after the Reality Coder increases their minimum roll on Reality Coder hit dice by one, re-rolling previous health and keeping the new health if better (average hp becomes 5 when they reroll 3s, 5 for low, 6 for high, and 5.5 for true when they reroll 4s, and 6 when they re-roll all numbers less than 6) this means at 16th level they have maximum hit points for Reality Coder levels.

Modify Own Code (Ex): A Reality Coder has learned to modify their own code well enough they can make limited, and one time, tweaks to it without causing reality to lash back upon them. At 3rd level a Reality Coder may select one ability score other than Intelligence. That score is increased permanently by +2 up to the Reality Coder’s Intelligence score; this increase cannot ever result in the Reality Coder’s affected ability score being higher than their Intelligence, if it would after other modifiers the bonus from Modify Own Code is lost. Hack Stats is a special exception, a Reality Coder which uses Hack Stats on an ability score which they have modified with this ability not only applies the +2 from Modify Own Code after the replacement with their Intelligence, it may increase it to higher than their Intelligence.

At 7th level and every 4th level thereafter (11th, 15th, and 19th) a Reality Coder may again modify their code in this way. They may not however select the same ability score twice in a row, if they modify Strength at 3rd they cannot at 7th (although could at 11th).

Hack Saves (Su): A Reality Coder is able to, in an emergency, momentarily replace the code for their resistances to give them a better chance of evading an ill-fate. Beginning at 3rd level a Reality Coder may a number of times per day equal to their Intelligence modifier plus once per two class levels replace their Base Fort, Ref, or Will save bonus with ½ their character level plus their Intelligence modifier as an immediate action. This change lasts for 1 round.

Defensive Code: A Reality Coder can add a small code of defensive warding around their body. Although far from perfect, for perfect invisibility would draw reality’s backlash to them, this code is enough to mitigate if not prevent blows against the reality coder. Beginning at 4th level they gain a deflection bonus equal to one half their class level or their Charisma modifier (whichever is lower) and damage reduction overcome by magic of ½ their class level.

Hack Skills (Su): A Reality Coder does not learn only defense, they also learn how to expand upon their capacities in other regards. Beginning at 5th level a Reality Coder may, 5 times per day + 1/day per 2 Reality Coder levels beyond 5th, as a free action replace their skill ranks in a skill with their character level + 3 (i.e. max ranks for a class skill) for a single skill check initiated during that round which takes no longer than 1 hour to complete.

Improved Code Library (Sp): A Reality Coder can make better use of those codes not in their Administrative Access. Beginning at 6th level a Reality Coder may use the 2nd level spells of any domain they have selected for their code library and not selected for Administrative Access 1/day as a psi-like ability.

Lock Vital Code (Su): A Reality Coder knows how to survive whatever the cost. Beginning at 7th level as a swift action they may lock their vital code gaining immunity to lethal damage, ability damage and drain, energy drain and negative levels, death effects, and dying. Self-inflicted effects ignore this immunity (and if they’d inflict lethal damage will kill a Reality Coder despite dying immunity). At the beginning of each round this ability is in effect a Reality Coder gains negative levels equal to the number of rounds they have used this ability consecutively; ending this ability is a swift action. The negative levels from this ability last until the Reality Coder rests for 8 hours but never become permanent level loss.

Glitch Position (Su): A Reality Coder is capable of making it harder for reality to accurately track their position and location. Beginning at 8th level a Reality Coder can fly for a number of rounds each day equal to their class level with a speed equal to their land speed and good maneuverability. These rounds do not need to be consecutive. In addition as a swift action they may spend one of these rounds to teleport up to ½ their land speed.

Scramble Code (Su): Beginning at 9th level when a Reality Coder uses Delete Code upon a creature they inflict ½ the penalty from Invoke Glitch upon their target, and when a Reality Coder uses Invoke Glitch they deal ½ the damage of Delete Code. In addition 1/day per 4 levels they may use Delete Code or Invoke Glitch during their recharge period without resetting the recharge period.

Hack Other (Su): While the fundamental oversite of reality limits a Reality Coder’s abilities to deal with the code of others beyond their Administrator Access, they still learn how to do so to a limited extent. Beginning at 10th level a Reality Coder can use Hack Ability, Hack Save, Hack Skill, or Glitch Position on another creature within 10 ft per Reality Coder level (and line of sight). To do so takes the same action as normal (free, immediate, free, or swift) but costs 2 uses of the relevant ability (or in Glitch Position’s case 2 rounds). The Reality Coder sets the target’s ability score to the Reality Coder’s Intelligence, sets the target’s base saving throw to the Reality Coder’s Intelligence modifier plus ½ character level, sets the target’s skill ranks to 3 + the Reality Coder’s character level, or teleports the target ½ the Reality Coder’s speed (must teleport them to a spot that can support their weight). An unwilling target is allowed a Will save (DC 10 + ½ reality coder level + Int mod). A reality coder cannot grant a creature flight with this ability, only using the teleportation portion of Glitch Position.

Greater Restore Default (Su): One must always save one’s progress, and must always keep back up data. Beginning at 12th level a Reality Coder is prepared for the worst. As an immediate action 1/day they may initiate a heal effect which goes off on them at the beginning of their next turn. They may use this in response to an attack that might disable them (used before they make their save if any) or knock them out so that at the start of their next turn the heal effect is triggered and cures the disabling status. This functions as a heal spell and a regenerate spell cast on them with a CL of their Reality Coder level, but is a supernatural ability, and is not positive energy based having the same effect on them whether they are alive, undead, or a construct. If they die before the heal spell can trigger they’re dead and it does them no good.

Greater Code Library (Sp): A Reality Coder can make better use of those codes not in their Administrative Access. Beginning at 13th level a Reality Coder may use the 3rd level spells of any domain they have selected for their code library and not selected for Administrative Access 1/day as a psi-like ability.

Hack Reality (Sp): Through force of will and intellect a Reality Coder does learn to perform amazing feats despite the overwatch of reality’s self-governance and self-repair. Beginning at 14th level a Reality Coder may use Limited Wish as a psi-like ability 1/day, they do not need to pay its XP cost. Intelligence is used in place of Charisma for any saving throw allowed by this effect.

Immutable Form (Ex): A Reality Coder’s form is their own and it is not difficult for them, once they have learned the sufficient skills, to lock access to it from all others. Beginning at 14th level an Reality Coder is immune to polymorphing, petrification, or any other attack that alters its form. Any shape-altering powers the Reality Coder might have work normally on itself.

Manipulate Elder Code (Su): A Reality Coder learns to manipulate the very eldest source codes of reality. While their power to do so is still quite limited, even limited ability to manipulate such things is a potent and world-shaking tool. Beginning at 16th level and every level thereafter except 20th a Reality Coder selects one of their domains chosen for Administrator Access and gains the Domain Transcendency power associated with it (see Incarnation). Any save DCs associated with a Domain Transcendency ability is 10 + ½ your Reality Coder level + your Intelligence modifier; in addition replace all references to Charisma modifier with Intelligence modifier.

Spell Resistance (Su): A Reality Coder manipulates the same power that lies behind all magic and with a few simple changes can make themselves resistant to it. Beginning at 16th level an Reality Coder gains Spell Resistance 12 + their Reality Coder level.

Re-Code Position (Su): A Reality Coder learns to manipulate their spatial coordinates in the grand code of reality, making a quick substitution. Beginning at 17th level a Reality Coder may teleport themselves as a swift action. They are limited in that they must select a latitude and longitude to target, so must know the destination’s spatial coordinates, and they may use this ability to enter another plane. This ability is unreliable at best on other planes as the infinite Outer and Inner Planes tend to have shifting spatial coordinates. Even so major locations tend to remain relatively fixed and therefore accessible. A Reality Coder may use this ability as a standard action in which case they may bring along up to 6 medium creatures (1 large creature counts as 3 medium, they cannot bring huge). A Reality Coder may use this ability 3 times per day.

Superior Code Library (Sp): A Reality Coder can make better use of those codes not in their Administrative Access. Beginning at 18th level a Reality Coder may use the 4th level spells of any domain they have selected for their code library and not selected for Administrative Access 1/day as a psi-like ability.

Code Sight (Su): A Reality Coder learns to see the underlying reality of all things, the base code that programs existence. Beginning at 20th level a Reality Coder gains continual true seeing with a 60 ft range, within this range they also gain the benefit of a continual arcane sight spell. In addition 1/round as a swift action they may analyze certain portions of an observed creature’s stats as described in Code Sight except the target is not allowed a saving throw.

Modify Reality (Sp): A Reality Coder has learned to modify the code of reality in such a way as to avoid immediate reaction from it. Of course to do so too often would be to be noticed, so such alterations to the code of reality must be limited. Beginning at 20th level a Reality Coder may use Wish or Miracle to as a psi-like ability 1/day, if they are using the spell to duplicate another spell they do not pay its XP cost (as standard for Psi-like Abilities) but if used for any other purpose they must pay the standard XP cost, and if used to duplicate a spell with an XP cost that spell’s XP cost must be paid (they also must provide material components worth more than 10,000 GP). Intelligence is used in place of Charisma for any saving throw allowed by this effect. In addition they may use the Limited Wish psi-like ability granted by Hack Reality 3 times per day instead of once.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-09 at 01:26 PM.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

(peeks in)
    okay wow this is some great stuff.

Do I still have enough trust capital left from when I actually posted? I'll assume that if I do, you don't need to ask me who I am, and if I don't, then I don't need to give a list.
    (Clarity: If I do, I'd love to have a thing. I like being a muse. Should I do cute poses?)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Reality Coder
    I love it.
    LGBTA+itP

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Neat a spider that warps the fabric of space itself. Love it.
    Also i have emptied my inbox mister Z
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-09-10 at 04:24 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #222

Hey zaydos it's you're Drow princess again still using it can you ya know one for me.please
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2016-09-10 at 10:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Things may be slowed here for a bit. Got um... 2-3 PbPs starting (they're modules so I'm not planning that much), and have decided to make a PrC a day for a bit, so caricatures are in the back burner temporarily so don't expect same day products.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (peeks in)

Do I still have enough trust capital left from when I actually posted? I'll assume that if I do, you don't need to ask me who I am, and if I don't, then I don't need to give a list.
    (Clarity: If I do, I'd love to have a thing. I like being a muse. Should I do cute poses?)
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'trust capital' but I'll just have to think of something (memory says... flirty, crack pairings, SMBGs, and harems). And poses always help.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    I love it.
    Glad to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Neat a spider that warps the fabric of space itself. Love it.
    Also i have emptied my inbox mister Z
    NeoPhoenix0 = Chaos + Teleportation. That's how it's saved in my mind. Which means space warping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    Hey zaydos it's you're Drow princess again still using it can you ya know one for me.please
    My inbox has sadly long been emptied. That said any comments on how it plays are always welcome.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    Apparently drow princess gets me thinking and even if the feat idea fell through (the class already did what it would do)

Still

Mystical Songs of the Drow (Sariel Vailo)

The following mystical songs are only available to drow (princesses or through an ACF or feat which grants a non-princess access to them) or have additional or modified effects when used by drow.

Modified Songs:

Beastcaller Song, Lesser: You may summon Small Monstrous Spiders as if they were animals on the SNAI list, Medium as if they were on the SNAII list, Large as if they were on the SNAIII list, Huge as if they were on the SNAV list, and Tiny as if they were on the SNA0 list along with cats and mice.

Beastcaller Song, Greater: As Lesser Beastcaller Song but in addition Gargantuan Monstrous Spiders are considered to be SNAVII and Colossal ones to be SNAIX.

New Songs:

Adamantite Song (Lesser): Your song calls out the powers of the unique radiations of the Underdark. It imbues the weapons of your allies within 60 ft with its powers. Their weapons overcome damage reduction as if adamantine and their hardness is increased to 20 before magical enhancements (if already 20 or higher this has no effect). In addition if they are magic weapons their magic enhancement is temporarily increased by 1 (this has no effect on temporary magical enhancements such as from the Magic Weapon spell). These benefits last for as long as they remain within range and the princess sings (allies which come within range while the effect is active also gains this benefit), and allies within range when the princess ceases to sing continue to gain these benefits when within 60 ft of her for 5 rounds after she ceases singing. A weapon out of an ally's hand loses this benefit just after the period it would take for a ranged or thrown weapon to strike. Singing this song costs one daily use of a princess's Mystic songs and it may be maintained for up to 1 minute per princess level.

Elistrae's Hymn of Power (Least): You sing a hymn to Elistrae and through it channel your own inborn powers. When you sing this song you may have it duplicate the effects of one drow racial spell-like ability you possess without expending a use of it. The spell-like ability's duration becomes as long as you sing this song and you may maintain this song for up to the spell-like ability's normal duration.

Song of Resistance's Web (Lesser): Your song creates a network of mystical energy between you and allies. While you sing this song allies within 30 ft gain the benefits of your intrinsic (racial, class based, but not spell or magic item derived) Spell Resistance. Singing this song costs one daily use of your Mystical Songs and it may be maintained for up to 10 minutes per 2 princess levels.

Web of Music (Lesser): Raising your voice you sing a song of spiders and their webs, a song which weaves even as they might. When you sing this song creatures hostile to you within 30 ft must make a Reflex save or be entangled, even if they succeed movement within 30 ft of you is slowed each square costing twice the normal amount as spiritual webs act to restrain them. This has no effect on creatures which are not hostile to you, including those that are no longer willing to take risks to harm you because they're too scared. Hostile creatures entering this area must immediately make a saving throw against it. Singing this song costs 2 daily uses of your Mystical Songs and it may be maintained for up to 1 round per Princess level.

Song of Eilistraee's Dream (Miraculous): You sing a song of beauty and peace, a song that reminds the listener of the best in themselves and in others, that stirs the heart of those who listen with ideals of peace. Any creature which hears you sing this song must make a Will save or be unable to attack other creatures for 1 minute per round you sang this song (up to a maximum of 200 minutes); if a creature attacks an affected creature it may attack that creature normally thereafter. In addition creatures with the Elf subtype that fail their save cannot attack other elves unless the other elves attack them first, and other creatures with the Elf subtype must make a Will save to attack them; this effect is permanent but the recipients may make another save once a week to end it. This is a mind-affecting effect, though immunity gained afterwards has no effect upon it.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-10 at 11:44 PM.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (peeks in)

New Bardic Feat

Ballads of Lorn the Crack Shipper [General]
    Your bardic music carries with it themes to stir bile fascination within the heart and to induce a need for brain bleach.
    Prerequisites: Bardic Music class feature, Inspire Competence, Perform 6 ranks.
    Benefit: When you use inspire courage, inspire greatness, or inspire heroics, the targets may use your Charisma modifier in place of their Wisdom modifier for the purposes of Will saves against mind-affecting effects, however each time they do so they suffer 1 point of Wisdom damage. When you use inspire competence the target may suffer 2 points of Wisdom damage to increase the bonus they receive by your Charisma modifier. Voluntarily taken ability damage from this feat cannot be reduced or prevented and cannot be healed for 10 minutes.

When a creature fails their Will save against a bardic music performance they suffer 2 points of Wisdom damage in addition to any other effects; this only applies once per bardic music effect even if they fail multiple saves against it.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #226

Love it thanks. Gonna have fun with these

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

New Bardic Feat

Ballads of Lorn the Crack Shipper [General]
    Your bardic music carries with it themes to stir bile fascination within the heart and to induce a need for brain bleach.
    Prerequisites: Bardic Music class feature, Inspire Competence, Perform 6 ranks.
    Benefit: When you use inspire courage, inspire greatness, or inspire heroics, the targets may use your Charisma modifier in place of their Wisdom modifier for the purposes of Will saves against mind-affecting effects, however each time they do so they suffer 1 point of Wisdom damage. When you use inspire competence the target may suffer 2 points of Wisdom damage to increase the bonus they receive by your Charisma modifier. Voluntarily taken ability damage from this feat cannot be reduced or prevented and cannot be healed for 10 minutes.

When a creature fails their Will save against a bardic music performance they suffer 2 points of Wisdom damage in addition to any other effects; this only applies once per bardic music effect even if they fail multiple saves against it.
    10/10 would use much thank
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.