New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 220
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    FACE THE FIRE OF THE DARK SUN...
    A WORLD RAVAGED BY SORCERY!

    Giustenal, the City by the Silt Sea. Many have tried to discover the secrets of this forsaken place, to plunder its legendary treasures. Few have returned from its shadowy embrace. Did they run afoul of savage raiders in the desert wastes? Did they lose their way in a sudden sandstorm only to sink hopelessly into the blowing, shifting silt? Perhaps they heard the psionic voice of the Caller in Darkness and succumbed to its mesmerizing summons? Or did they meet the true master of the ruins, a being as old as the Dragon— and just as terrifying?. . .

    The burning world has reached a critical stage. For Athas, it could mean the start of a time of renewal, or it could herald the end of the world! It all begins in the ruins of Giustenal, in a place from another age, in the corpse of a shattered, long-dead city. Something stirs in the City by the Silt Sea.

    Something evil. . .


    ………

    Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away…..

    A slow-moving caravan makes its way through the massive rolling sand dunes of the Great Alluvial Sand Wastes. White banners depicting the black crossed scimitars mark it as a House Stel asset. Several days out of Urik the relentless heat bears down upon the two 6-ton mekillots as they ponderously move forward dragging the heavily armoured and turreted moving building behind them. Weapons bristle from guards at their firing stations and nervous mercenary outriders on inix mounts travel close by.



    Inside, several captives woke yet again to the intense heat and the smell of sweaty, unwashed bodies. The only light came from two barred windows set into doors at either end of the slave hold, the doors opening only onto dim companionways. Dim moans from other holding cells could be heard, along with occasional cruel laughter and cries of pain. The prisoners were all bound at wrists and ankles with heavy leather manacles and tied to the wall with ropes attached to the collars around their necks. Four humans, both male and female, a strange lizard-like pterran and a wild-looking cannibal halfling.

    Periodically a pair of human guards come, delivering meagre food and water rations. Enough to keep their valuable cargo alive for another day. With cruel delight they would inevitably strike out at the captives, careful to cause painful bruises with their clubs but no lasting injuries that might reduce the value of their cargo and affect their pay….
    Spoiler: intro
    Show

    Welcome! Time to check in & post a brief description and some dialogue if you wish, then I'll begin on the opening scene (no trying to escape just yet!).
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2016-01-30 at 08:57 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Sieglinde wakes with a start. It takes a few moments to remember where she is, but her manacled limbs and the dim, sweltering confines of the slave caravan quickly remind her of the last few days' ordeal. At least, I think its only been a day or two. Can't really tell anymore, she thinks to herself. She's slept only fitfully, a few hours at a time, since she's been captured. The constant heat, little food, and several nasty bruises have begun to take their toll on even her usually good spirits. I've been a fool. I should have known better then to separate from the rest of my patrol, sandstorm or no. Sieglinde pulls futilely at the manacles on her wrists, but quickly gives, not wanting to waste too much energy.

    She shifts her weight a little in a futile attempt at getting comfortable, turning towards the reptilian man at her right. "Do you know... how many days?" Her voice cracks a little, and she trails off, not sure if she can expect an answer.
    Last edited by Woggle; 2016-01-31 at 10:35 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Rathoras (Gladiator)

    Rathoras rises to a sitting position, scoops up the gunk they seem to call food. He takes a reluctant mouthful and chews dispasionately. He feels a strong warm breeze against his skin, his eyes glaze over and he stairs at the bowl nostalgically.

    How I miss the vast open Sea...

    Ironic it was: Once being a pirate, selling people to slavers. The way the Dark Sun works.

    He whispers to himself thinking about how they overextended their goals to try aand raid a well protected caravan:

    "Spitting Cobra?" Pfff and shakes his head slightly.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Salome stirs in the dim light, roused from the light doze that passes the time in this hellhole. Staying awake and alert is pointless; if her captors wish to harm her, there's nothing she can do to stop them. She furtively pats the waist of the short, ragged skirt she wears along with an equally ragged sleeveless tunic. Good; she can still feel the leather cord that holds her precious water vial hidden in the waistband. If they ever take the manacles off of her, there's a slim chance that she might be able to do... something. Probably a fool's hope, but having her element makes the water cleric feel a little better.

    "I don't know." She shuffles forward to claim her food and water rations. It's not much, but better than nothing. "So, how did you get into this mess?" Salome takes a sip of warm, stale water.
    Last edited by Phasm; 2016-02-01 at 01:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Sieglinde takes a small sip of water, glancing over at the young, short-haired woman who had just spoken. "We we're out on a patrol to the North-east of Tyr. Sandstorm came up, and I was separated." Sieglinde shakes her head, continuing. "Looking for shelter, I managed to walk into a slaver camp. They took me north, and gave me over to this caravan a few days ago, I think." She pauses for a moment, then adds with a half-smile, "Poor decisions, with some bad luck mixed in."

    Sieglinde sips a little more of the water. She stares with unfocused eyes straight ahead, her thoughts elsewhere. A jolting of the caravan brings her out of her reverie. "Oh. My name is Sieglinde."

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    The halfing, when given food, growls at his captive. "Remember these days... savor them. Whether here or further on, I shall gain my freedom. And when I do..." he says as he devours the food and drinking what little water he is given. "... yes, when I do, you will be the first taste of true freedom as you free you from this life with howls of pain and agony."

    Pezuka smiles, teeth showing, as he give a wink and a nod to his captor.
    Last edited by razorback; 2016-02-02 at 01:50 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Earthshake awoke with the first hint of daylight reflected through the hall beyond the cell doors. Bound tight and all else quiet he closed his eyes and silently began his morning prayers. It was just his second morning in the cell. He hadn't suffered as long as the others had. He was used to having magic protect him from the heat but at least the cell provided shade from the otherwise deadly sun. He meditated on how he would make his escape. Now he had spent a full day cycle he had an idea of the routine. He was confident escape was possible but knew help would make actually getting away possible.

    'Breakfast' arriving woke the others. He waited until the slaver left before grabbing his share of the rations. No sense in reminding them how sharp his claws were. He listened to the others at first, reminding himself to speak Common. He understood the language well, speaking it with Pterran lips wasn't the easiest task.

    "sss-My m-second morning here. Longer for you, m-sorry." The reptilian rotates his lower jaw, loosening it up. He turns to the halfling. "Yes. Freedom. Given the chance, who's in? Could get bloody." He gives a sharp toothed smile and nod to the halfing.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Sieglinde turns to look at the reptilian man and the halfling. Having heard accounts of how vicious halflings could be, she did not doubt his words. She adds, quietly: "I'd just as soon not live out the rest of my life a slave. If an opportunity presents itself, I'm in." She glances around to the other humans with an slight questioning look.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    AFter taking a slightly more severe beating than his previous one, Pezuka spits some precious blood at him as he leaves. Wiping his mouth, he proceeds to sit quietly, taking in what the others are saying. He would rather go out on his own but he knows his chance are very slim that way and he chance would increase greatly with others.
    <Besides > he thinks to himself <could be someone else that they recapture instead of me. Or a good snack. > He smiles inward to himself as he ponders.

    "I'm in, if you will have me" he says in a rough, unusual fashion, tinged with a bit of a Tyrian accent. "You'll find my skill and talents handy... probably life saving."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    "Am I in? Of course I am." Salome rolls her eyes in the darkness. "I would much rather die in the wastes than live with what can happen to a pretty human slave." A hint of a smile works its way into her voice. "As it happens, I have potentially life saving talents of my own. I am Salome of Nibenay." If they manage an escape- and that's a big if- she'll tell them her title then.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    The pterran looks over those around him. "A strong pack working together can accomplish much. Free of these bonds I can call upon Mother Earth's magic. If you hear my voice inside your head or see me change form, do not fear."

    "When we escape which direction shall we go? Better to talk now than in the sun."


    He finishes his 'food', then wipes his wide lips with his wrist. Those who are observant may notice the reptilian nibbles a bit on the manacles. Not to rip or even make marks, more so to test them out for later.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    All of a sudden there are cries of alarm from the outriders and lookouts. You hear a crack of sorcery accompanied by yells of pain and a faint smell of ozone. The massive caravan lurches to a sudden stop and the clash of battle can be clearly heard outside. There is a rattle of multiple thunks as a volley of arrows or similar projectiles strikes against the outside near you. It must only have been seconds but it appears things have escalated dramatically quickly as smoke drifts through the air accompanied by frantic shouts and furious fighting sounds.

    The door bursts open and one of the guards stands in the doorway, blood dripping from a gash on his forehead. He looks around at each of you, desperation in his eyes. "Time to fight, if you want to live. Man the firing platform. Shoot any elves. Keep them at bay and we might just get through this." He indicates a ladder near him that leads up to one of the archery decks. As he loosens the heavy rope that restrains all of your manacles he ducks back through another heavy door and you hear the sound of a heavy bar falling into place as he no doubt seeks a place of refuge deeper within the caravan. The rope falls slack and you are unrestrained.

    Spoiler: Navigating
    Show

    So, no maps for this bit. The door lead from the cell to the companionway. From there you can climb a ladder to the firing deck or otherwise there is the heavy barred door through which the guard has fled.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    "Ack! I don't know what's worse, slavers or those damned elves." now able to move a bit, he checks his jaw. "Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to take a peek up top and see what is going on. This might be our chance to make a break... if it's bad, we might have to fight alongside these slavers..." as he quietly makes his way up.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Listen
    (1d20+10)[17]

    Spot
    (1d20+8)[13]

    Hide
    (1d20+11)[21]

    Move Silently
    (1d20+12)[26]



  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Sieglinde quickly gulps down the rest of her water, then pushes herself up. She extends a hand to the reptilian man beside her, then she briefly rubs her legs, trying to get rid of some of the stiffness. She nods at the halfling, saying: "Right, I'm just going to check the door." She then moves quickly down the companionway, taking a quick look and listening at the door for a moment. Knowing it is well-secured, she then turns and waits at the ladder as the halfling climbs up.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Listen - (1d20+1)[20] Listen at the barred door.
    Search - (1d20)[17] Just a quick look at the door.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    "I think I'd rather take my chances with the elves, personally. They might kill us, but at least it would be a clean death." Salome knocks back the rest of her water and gets to her feet, pulling the cord that holds her vial out from her waistband. Putting her element back around her neck where it belongs, the cleric feels a deep sense of relief. She has her element, her hands are free, and she isn't tied up anymore. Life is looking up!

    Not being much good at moving unseen, Salome takes up a position next to Sieglinde.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Rathoras had ignored the group of upstarts as he doubted their ability to escape, happens to often that captives boast about who they were and how great they are, but just never great enough to put their coin where their mouths are.

    Whats that sound?

    He perks up when the guard comes running in. He then waits for the gaurd to leave before making any reaction.

    "Fight for the slavers?! Bah! What do you think they will do once we win this fight for them? Just let us sail away on the Silt Sea? Hells no!"

    He jumps up in a lithe way newly invigorated by this scrap hope.

    "I agree with the Nibinayan, the Elves might spare us if we help them raid the caravan, honour amongst thieves and all that. Better yet we might slip past the commotion."


    The gladiator follows the halfling up the ladder, letting him take the point.

    "Lets see if these sand-worm-bastards at least gave us some weapons to defend ourselves."

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    Hide (1d20+7)[26]
    Move Silently (1d20+7)[12]

    Spot (1d20+7)[20] to see what the assault looks like
    Search for weapons if it is safe to do so (1d20-1)[18]

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    The pterran accepts the offered hand up from the human woman. It's easy for her to notice the sharp talons at the end of his fingers even though he skillfully avoids stabbing her with them. As he stands to his full height he towers over her as he nods in thanks. He removes the manacles from him limbs then follows the others up.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Sieglinde checks the door as the halfling explores up the ladder. The door is solid, obviously designed as a last line of defence against raiders or wasteland beasts. Still, it's not impenetrable and given 10 minutes or so you're pretty sure you could break your way in. After double-checking that there is no easy way through she follows the others up the ladder.

    Pezuka and the others are confronted by the wreck of the firing station. The turreted position provides a good 120-degree firing arc out from one corner of the caravan. A shade canopy is stretched above the deck although this is partially in tatters where arrows have punched through. Around the scorched deck are the blackened bodies of several guards. Some sort of sorcery or magic has clearly targeted here, and many of the bodies are also studded with arrows. There are no survivors here.

    "Look, elves!" cries a human slave peering out, "They're everywhere - agck!" a stray arrow catches him in the eye socket and punches out the back of his head, killing him instantly.

    Looking out much more cautiously you can see a scene of battle unfolding outside. A scattered force of elven raiders skirmishes with pockets of mercenaries. Many bodies litter the sand and you can see several of the mercenary outriders retreating over the dunes on their inix lizard-mounts. Elves mounted on insectoid kanks support their footsoldier kin and run down any guards who attempt to flee on foot. The elves have significantly greater numbers.

    Hails of missile fire shoot to and fro between elven archers and the guards on the armoured caravan. Near your position a couple of elves take cover behind a fallen inix. Having just sniped your fallen slave companion they draw fresh arrows and shoot again, one missing and the other arrow grazing Sieglinde for 1 damage.

    Spoiler: casualty
    Show
    DrK is delayed and won't be joining us just yet, so the extra human slave became superfluous. Sorry human .

    Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    There is plenty of the following equipment for anyone who wants it:
    • clubs
    • shortbows & arrows
    • studded leather armour (jhakar hide with bone)

    Spoiler: initiative
    Show
    initiative
    Salome (1d20)[13]
    Sieglinde (1d20+3)[18]
    Rathoras (1d20+3)[7]
    Earthshake (1d20-2)[0]
    Pezuka (1d20+3)[10]
    2 Elves (1d20+3)[19]

    Range to elves is 60ft. Both sides have cover (+4 AC)

    elf vs Salome
    longbow (1d20+2)[10] Miss damage (1d8)[7]

    elf vs Sieglinde
    longbow (1d20+2)[19] Hit damage (1d8)[1]


    => Party
    Post in any order and I'll resolve in post order (unless you indicate otherwise)
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2016-02-14 at 04:30 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Sieglinde ducks too slowly to avoid the elvish arrow, which grazes the side of her shoulder. Cursing, she grabs at a bow, club and some arrows and hunkers down along the wall of the firing station. "No one knows any blasted Elvish, do they? I'm afraid I don't speak it. Have we decided who we're fighting?" She glances down at the elves below. "These two don't seem very friendly!"

    Sieglinde then begins chanting, at first softly, then growing louder so that all can here: "... I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be..."

    Spoiler: OoC for Everyone
    Show

    Sieglinde will use a standard action to begin to Inspire Courage (+1 Attack and damage for all companions who can hear her.)
    Last edited by Woggle; 2016-02-09 at 02:41 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    The pterran gets back down behind cover and starts grabbing the gear from one of the corpses. He speaks calmly but quickly. "Slavers are losing. Those that run die. Outnumbered. Bad options. Need to get the elves to not want to kill us."

    He pauses stripping the body of armor and moves close to the edge of cover, so he can project his voice outward without exposing himself. He calls out in Common hoping one of the elves will understand it. "Hey! We are Not slavers! Stop shooting at us so we can help kill the slavers! Agreed?" He sticks his head up far enough for them to see what he is, but ducks back down fast enough before an arrow can reach. While waiting on an answer and/or the flight of an arrow he continues to work on getting himself some armor to put on.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Grabbing club, bow, and arrows. Start removing armor from corpse.

    Initiative: Earthshake (1d20-2)[0] -> A great start to the campaign!

    Shooting with the bow, let's see:
    -4 for non-prof
    -2 Dex
    -2 range
    -4 cover
    +1 Inspire Courage

    ... -11 to hit. Beat that!
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Salome ducks an arrow, shuddering as the fletching parts her hair. "I'll try to talk to them. I don't know any Elvish, but I can't imagine they won't know Common." She gives her fellow ex-slaves a tight smile. "I was a bard, once upon a time. Wish me luck." The cleric grabs armor, a club, shortbow and arrows from one of the bodies and crouches behind the wreckage of the firing station. With a few words in the liquid, musical tongue of the water lords, an invisible shield shimmers into place around her.

    Feeling a little bit more secure, Salome peeks around the side of the firing station and takes a deep breath. "Thank you very much for killing the bastards who enslaved us! We are greatly in your debt! If you would refrain from killing us, it would be greatly appreciated!" Being a trained singer, she can project her voice for a respectable distance. "Look, we are wearing manacles and slave garments! We are not slavers!" She sticks a still-manacled hand out as proof, then pulls it back into cover after a few seconds.

    After taking another couple breaths, she repeats the whole spiel in Aquan, then in Nibenese. Who knows, maybe there's a water cleric in the war party, or someone who trades with her home city.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Go Diplomacy go! Also shield of faith.

    Diplomacy: (1d20+6)[26]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    The gladiator holds to the covered parts of the balcony after grabbing a bow, some arrows , a club and armour.

    No way I'm trekking into these wastes unarmed, not even talking about fighting.


    He starts to don the armour, but does so with haste.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Pezuka ducks down as he looks at the others.
    "These patchur have no honor or qualms about killing slaves. We need to figure a way off this caravan and find safe haven otherwise we might be their next meal." he says quickly as he sees a club, too big for him, and forgets not everyone eats their fallen enemies.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    "Bloodwind" Kilian

    Kilian grins wildly as he throws open the door from his slave compartment, his crimson eyes seeing the light of day for the first time in a long while. The seven foot albino flexes his muscular arms with glee, relishing his newfound freedom of movement as the sunlight reflects brilliantly off his snow-white skin. Standing on the treshhold of his cell, he hesitates for a moment. He'd spent most of his life in chains, fighting for the amusement of other people. This was the second time in his life that freedom was within his grasp. He would not let it end like the previous attempt. Tying his long white hair back with a piece of cloth, he steps out into the sudden chaos of bloody combat. A familiar arena indeed.

    For a second the mul stands tall, analyzing the situation, displaying for every onlooker the blood-red slave tattoos against his white skin. Death marks count the men and women he slew on the bloody sands. Marks of disobedience brand him as one the lash could never tame. Countless scars acompany the ink, as many from his opponents' weapons as from his masters' whips.

    After looking at the scene in front of him for a heartbeat, the giant figure springs into action, driven into cover by a rain of arrows from the wasteland. The remnants of a firing station lie ahead with a ragged assortment of fellow prisoners hiding from an elvish onslaught. More importantly, Kilian sees slain guards, and their weapons. Too bad they were already dead. He still had some debts to repay. With quick but unhurried movements he joins the other slaves behind the walls of the firing station, relieving the nearest corpse of its weaponry and armor. While he arms himself, he adresses the group, directing his words at noone in particular. The albino's voice sounds harsh from weeks of disuse, with an ugly edge of violent tension just beneath the surface.

    "So...how's the negotiating going?" He seems to be holding back a dark laugh. The mere idea of expecting someone else to have mercy was so far from anything he experienced in his life that it seemed patently absurd to him.

    He looks at the attackers surrounding their caravan with a detached smile as he waits for the situation to come to its inevitable conclusion. "It's been a while since I've last fought an elf..." Elven gladiators good enough to challenge him had been a rare occurrence. Their kind tended to waste away in captivity, unable to bear the loss of freedom.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Kilian grabs a club, a bow, some arrows and a suit of jhakar hide armor, which he immediately begins to don hastily.
    Last edited by Battlemage; 2016-04-06 at 03:06 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    The pterran is impressed with both females' eloquence. Was that Aquan the human also spoke? Interesting, but that is for later. Working on donning armor and waiting on some answer from the elves he sees the tall muscular mul enter. The pterran readies to fight with claws and bite but quickly realizes the mul is joining them in their predicament and refocuses on the armor. He nods to the mul and adds ""Keep your head down." He points to the human pincushion on the floor.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Sieglinde begins a slow, building chant as the pterran grabs a bow and shouts out to the attacking elves. Salome too attempts to parely with the archers. Rathoras grabs a bow with the halfling and a newly emerged albino slave mul pick up fallen clubs.

    The two elven archers don't seem to have heard, or understood, or perhaps even cared what you were shouting. More arrows sail indiscriminately into the firing deck, again grazing Sieglinde for 1 damage as the elves whoop and cheer each other.

    Spoiler: rolls etc
    Show
    Everyone grabs bows and clubs who wants to. Armour takes a little longer and can wait until next round.

    elves vs Sieglinde
    longbow (1d20+2)[8] Miss damage (1d8)[2]
    longbow (1d20+2)[22] Hit damage (1d8)[1]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Shooting with the bow, let's see:
    -4 for non-prof
    -2 Dex
    -2 range
    -4 cover
    +1 Inspire Courage

    ... -11 to hit. Beat that!
    Let's amend it to range 50ft rather than 60ft. I don't want to be too mean right now!


    => Party

    Post in any order and I'll resolve in post order (unless you indicate otherwise)

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    "Bloodwind" Kilian

    Having grabbed club and bow, the red-eyed mul starts the process of relieving the nearest guard of his armor and donning it himself. He takes a few seconds to study the group that chance has united him with, sizing everyone up for their apparent use in a fight. Finally his gaze comes to rest on Salome and her attempt at diplomacy. He smiles at her, though it is not a happy expression.

    His voice is harsh, his speech the simple words of a man whose sole education was the arena.
    "Your words sound nice, but they will not listen. We are vermin to them, and their blood runs hot. If they still shoot when I am finished putting on this armor, I will fight my way to freedom! You should all do the same! As long as the battle rages, there is distraction enough to flee."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spending round on donning armor
    Last edited by Battlemage; 2016-04-06 at 03:07 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    The pterran continues donning armor during the debate, staying calm and keeping his head down. "Look out there. The guards that flee on foot are being run down by mounted elves. Just running out there will give the archers clear shots at us, kanks running us down, and slavers shooting at us from above. We can at least stop the slavers and better our odds. We clear out the firing decks on one side and then rush out that direction. Fight our way to freedom."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Woggle's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Sieglinde again fails to duck in time as an arrow grazes her cheek. She furrows her brow in consternation but continues her chanting. Nodding in agreement to the newcomer, she then turns back toward the elves. Rising above cover she knocks an arrow to her bow, taking careful aim and then letting the arrow fly toward the nearest of the two elves. She ducks back into cover as soon as the arrow leaves her bow.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Attack Roles (will do two in case of a potential crit. If no threat on the first, then just ignore the second role)

    Attack - (1d20+1)[21] 4, +1 (inspiration), -4 (cover) = +1
    Crit Confirmation - (1d20+1)[18]

    Damage Roles (will do a second roll in case of a crit. If no crit, ignore the second role) (assuming x3 for short bow)

    Damage - (1d6+1)[5] +1 inspiration
    Crit Bonus - (2d6+2)[11] x3 crit multiplier for shortbow

    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    Sieglinde of Tyr
    F NG Human Bard // Barbarian, Level 1, Init 3, HP 11/13, Speed 40
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 1, Action Points 5
    Club +4 (1d6+2 (+1), x2)
    Shortbow +5 (1d6 (+1), x3)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 15
    Condition None
    Last edited by Woggle; 2016-02-19 at 12:11 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: GF's Dark Sun Redux IC

    Salome shrugs at the mul's comment. "Always worth a try." She hastily begins putting on a set of looted armor. Fortunately one of the dead slavers was a woman of similar proportions to the water cleric. Going into battle wearing nothing but a skimpy vest and skirt does not appeal to her, even with a shield spell.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Looting and hastily donning studded leather armor for however long both of those actions take.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •