New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default The Nekomancer (Class in 30 minutes, Silly, PEACH)

Ah yes, another class made in just 30 minutes, it's the highly ridiculous Nekomancer!

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
    Kitties/Day
    1st +0 +0 +2 +0 Summon Kitties
    2nd +1 +0 +3 +0 Empowered Kitties
    3rd +2 +1 +3 +1 Kittyform
    4th +3 +1 +4 +1 Empowered Kitties
    5th +3 +1 +4 +1 Summon Kitty Swarm 1/day
    6th +4 +2 +5 +2 Empowered Kitties
    7th +5 +2 +5 +2 On Wings of Cute
    8th +6/+1 +2 +6 +2 Empowered Kitties
    9th +6/+1 +3 +6 +3 Quick Kitty Summoning
    10th +7/+2 +3 +7 +3 Empowered Kitties, Summon Kitty Swarm 2/day
    11th +8/+3 +3 +7 +3 Aspect of the Kitty
    12th +9/+4 +4 +8 +4 Empowered Kitties
    13th +9/+4 +4 +8 +4 United We Meow
    14th +10/+5 +4 +9 +4 Empowered Kitties
    15th +11/+6/+1 +5 +9 +5 Summon Kitty Swarm 3/day
    16th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +5 Empowered Kitties
    17th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +5 City of Kitty
    18th +13/+8/+3 +6 +11 +6 Empowered Kitties
    19th +14/+9/+4 +6 +11 +6 Mewling Horde
    20th +15/+10/+5 +6 +12 +6 Empowered Kitties, Summon Kitty Swarm 4/day

Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: 1d8

Class Skills:
    The nekomancer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are balance (Dex), bluff (Cha), climb (Str), craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex) and Survival (Wis)
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armour Proficiency
    Nekomancers are proficient in all simple and martial weapons, and with light armour.

Summon Kitty (Sp)
    Nekomancers can summon, as Summon Monster I, a number of kitties equal to the square of the nekomancer's level. Use the cat statistics for a kitty.

Kitties last until defeated or until the nekomancer regains uses of this ability, not for 1 round/level.

Empowered Kitties
    At 2nd level, and every 2nd level thereafter, summoned kitties get +1 hit die and a +1 inherent bonus to each ability score. Cats with at least 3 intelligence are clever enough to understand common; kitties' limited vocal ability never allows them to communicate more than simple concepts in common.

Remember that kitties gain feats and skill ranks just like characters do.

Kittyform (Su)
    At 3rd level, the nekomancer can take on the form of a cat of her own hit dice, with all of her empower kitty abilities, as a swift action. She uses her own intelligence, wisdom, charisma and skill ranks, but the cat's strength, dexterity and constitution, as well as speed, size, and natural attacks.

Summon Kitty Swarm (Sp)
    Once per day at fifth level and every fifth level thereafter, the nekomancer can summon a kitty swarm, much like the nekomancer's summon kitty ability.

They benefit from all of the kitties' other abilities gained through class levels.

On Wings of Cute (Su)
    From 7th level, kitties have a fly speed of 30 foot, but their maneuverability is so terrible that they can only move in a straight line or a parabola, or fall, essentially making their flight into an extended jump.

Quick Kitty Summoning (Su)
    From 9th level, the nekomancer can summon 1 kitty/level as a single standard action.

Aspect of the Kitty (Su)
    From 11th level, the nekomancer gains kittylike qualities. She gains a +4 bonus to dexterity, takes no damage from falls and always lands on her feet, and has a +4 racial bonus on Climb, Hide, and Move Silently checks and a +8 racial bonus on Jump and Balance checks. She uses her Dexterity modifier instead of her Strength modifier for Climb and Jump checks. In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus rises to +8.

United we Meow
    From 13th level, the kitties the nekomancer summons can launch a cohesive attack. Up to twice as many kitties as normal can fit in a square, and each kitty grants its companions (but not itself) a stackable +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls against creatures in that square. Further, kitties get improved cover from each other, even whichever one is nominally at the front.

City of Kitty
    From 17th level, kitties are able to take over areas for themselves, calling upon wild cats to help them. A contingent of cats sent to overrun a settlement can do so if the number of cats is greater than the number of actual citizens there. Doing so turns the settlement into a permanent cat outpost, although a number of cats equal to half the number of citizens is lost in the process. Those surviving cats no longer disappear when you regain uses of your summon kitty ability, and further, the settlement now produces more kitties:

Settlement Size Kitties produced per week
    Thorp 1d3
    Hamlet 2d6
    Village 5d6
    Small Town 10d6
    Large Town 20d6
    Small City 50d6
    Large City 100d6
    Metropolis 200d6

Of course, the number of kitties it takes to overrun a settlement is dependent on the competence and willingness of those responding to the kitty invasion - a thorp that just so happens to contain a high-level wizard stands a better chance than a metropolis in the middle of a civil war and full of disorganised commoners.

By this point, you'll have enough kitties that they can be formed into Fields of Blood units if you're using those rules. Kitty empires don't work conventionally, as they don't cost any RP and can't actually build anything, only overrun settlements.

Mewling Horde
    From 19th level, the attack of a horde of kitties is impossible to resist. Whenever summoned kitties attack in a group of at least 50, they are impossible to hit with attacks of opportunity, they make a free overrun attempt each round with a +1 bonus for each other kitty in their square, and they can make a free claw attack on each creature overrun in this way.

Kitties also move at double speed regardless of how many there are.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2016-02-04 at 04:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Nekomancer (Class in 30 minutes, Silly, PEACH)

no comment may the meow be with you ( insert random cat smile gif)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I so desperately want to play this in a game now...

It's adorableness is matched only by that of its creator.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    I so desperately want to play this in a game now...

It's adorableness is matched only by that of its creator.
    Aww, thankies.

Of course, there's no reason we couldn't set up a game to play some of my silly classes, like the Dungeon Master, Nekomancer, Raid Leader, MLG Quickscoper and Mutant Dragon Pyromaniac.

However, the stupidly large number of Whelps, Encounters, MLG Objects and Kitties running around would probably make the game difficult to handle.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

So... everything other than the "understanding Common" bit under Empowered Kitties is superfluous - you can do those things if you have any Intelligence score, no matter how low.

Also, I think you're missing a chart under City of Kitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    So... everything other than the "understanding Common" bit under Empowered Kitties is superfluous - you can do those things if you have any Intelligence score, no matter how low.

Also, I think you're missing a chart under City of Kitty.
    Fixed and fixed.