New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Best setting-less System for Mario RPG

Title says it all, I'm trying to decide on what would be the most appropriate multi-setting system for a Mario/fantasy RPG. Like the image above, characters would be Mario races, Goombas, Toads, Humans (plumbers, all of them), who also relate to a fantasy class. It's a game I've wanted to participate in for a while (but not run). My friend really likes FATE, but what about other systems like GURPS or....ummm...Tri-Stat dX? Is there a good game that focuses on custom character templates?
    Last edited by GoblinGilmartin; 2016-02-02 at 09:50 AM.

GraveGobbler Avatar still made by Ceika!

I'm revamping my blog. slightly new look, very new name, hopefully some new content soon.
    It's called Diceroller Flicks Goblin on The Grid and it's centered around RPG themed films and other stuff I want to put up.
    My Latest post? My favorite source of plot hooks for D&D
    http://goblinonthegrid.wordpress.com/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Best setting-less System for Mario RPG

If you want to follow the videogame common tropes, try Super Console (its about 10 bucks, but worth every penny), or if you would like a free rpg, try my own Final Fantasy RPG (link in the signature), but you'll have to homebrew the custom races Quirks.
    Final Fantasy RPG 4th Edition:
    A complete game, ready for your JRPG-esque tabletop needs, written in Portuguese and English