A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 557
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    LordOfCain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Culture Blast (Reserve Feat Snowbluff)
    Requirements: Ability to speak four or more languages and cast a second level spell or first level bard spell
    Effect: As long as you have a second level spell slot or a first level bard spell slot open you may deal damage to an opponent equal to your Charisma modifier added to the number of languages you know that your opponent doesn't. You may use this ability every 2d4 rounds or you may use a move action to be able to use it again. For two spell levels above two that the caster has open and is able to cast, the cool down for this ability decreases by 1.
    Last edited by LordOfCain; 2016-02-04 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!
    Company Website: http://lernaeanstudio.com
    PF 3pp Subreddit I Mod: r/Pathfinder3pp

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Word of Betrayal [Reserve, Vile] (Red Fel)

    With a word you cause an enemy to turn upon their closest comrade and strike them down.

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast a 4th level or higher Enchantment (Compulsion) spell.

    Benefit: You can speak a word of betrayal as a standard action forcing one creature within 10 ft per spell level of the highest level Enchantment (Compulsion) spell you have available cast to make a Will save or on their next turn they must move to make a single attack against the ally for whom they care the most for that they can move to and attack with the deadliest attack that does not require the use of a limited use special ability or special ammunition. They gain a bonus to attack and damage with this attack equal to the level of the highest level Enchantment (Compulsion) spell you have available cast. If there are no allies they can reach to attack this ability has no effect.

    As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level for Enchantment (Compulsion) spells.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-04 at 08:00 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Resting upon my hoard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Invoke the Draconic Blood [Reserve] (Draconium)
    Oh, hey, look! More cool stuff dragonblooded creatures get compared to non-draconic creatures! Sweet. Thanks!

    You know, I haven't been around too long yet, but I'm already collecting a nice little hoard of these goodies you guys have made for me in my sig. I quite like it.
    Last edited by Draconium; 2016-02-04 at 07:36 PM.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

    Extended Signature Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

    As much as it god damn wants.
    Avatar by thoroughlyS

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Stalker Step [Reserve]

    It's not that easy to get away from you!

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast a 2nd level or higher Conjuration (Teleportation) spell.

    Benefit: When a creature provokes an attack of opportunity for moving out of a square you threaten you may choose not to make the attack of opportunity. If you do, when the creature stops its movement you may expend an attack of opportunity for the round to teleport adjacent to that creature as long as they ended their movement no more than 5 ft + 5 ft per spell level of the highest available Conjuration (Teleportation) spell you have to cast.

    As a secondary benefit of this feat you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level of Conjuration (Teleportation) spells you cast.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Hawk Dive Strike [Reserve] (Blackhawk)

    With a touch of magic the blade is faster than the eye

    Prerequisite: Ability to cast a 4th level or higher spell as a swift or immediate action, Quick Draw.

    Benefit: As a swift action you may make a melee attack at your highest attack bonus but you suffer a penalty to hit and weapon damage of (9 - the highest level spell you available for you to cast as a swift or immediate action) until the beginning of your next turn.

    As a secondary benefit whenever you cast a spell as a swift or immediate action you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level for it.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-04 at 07:50 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    So its an AoE weapon attack? Like if i have a Greatsword it does [Greatsword Damage] to all in the burst on a failed save? Sweet.
    Yes. If you notice, it also gives works with Full Channelling, since it's a full attack. Int High-DB with good debuffs and poison spell, spread the sickness!

    Also, it's based on Arrow Storm, so the effect isn't stupidly open. Finally, it's a call forward to the 4e Swordmage, whose swordburst is in 5e too. ;3
    I believe Neo was talking about how it would let a Duskblade sustain for longer, instead of just Novaing like crazy, which Arcane Strike doesnt much help with. Personally id grab both and just save a top level slot for a [Good] spell.
    They have a billion low level slots. :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    Blade of Force isn't all THAT bad when you consider it's also essentially making your attack a force effect. The real trouble with it is that the classes that most care about that are generally the ones that don't have access to high-level force spells.
    That's the best part.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfCain View Post
    Culture Blast (Reserve Feat Snowbluff)
    Requirements: Ability to speak four or more languages and cast a second level spell or first level bard spell
    Effect: As long as you have a second level spell slot or a first level bard spell slot open you may deal damage to an opponent equal to your Charisma modifier added to the number of languages you know that your opponent doesn't. You may use this ability every 2d4 rounds or you may use a move action to be able to use it again.
    hahahah! This is silly as hell! For the gifs, right?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-02-04 at 07:53 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Resting upon my hoard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Mage's Shadow [Reserve] (Xuldarinar)

    You are a dark reflection of another's power, and as such, you can imitate another's magic.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast (Shadow) Spells of 4th-level

    Effect: A number of times per day equal to 1/3 your caster level, you may attempt to reactively mimic another spell you've seen cast by another, one of a level equal to or lower than the highest level (Shadow) spell you have available to cast. Within one round of seeing the spell you want to copy cast, you must make a Spellcraft check (DC equal to 15+the spell's level+that spellcaster's casting stat modifier) on your turn. If you succeed, you may immediately cast (or begin to cast, should the spell have more than one Full-Round casting time) a shadowy replica of that spell. The replica is 10 x the spell's level percent real. Note that you must have been able to see and identify the spell being cast.

    You also gain a +1 competence bonus on your caster level for (Shadow) spells.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

    Extended Signature Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

    As much as it god damn wants.
    Avatar by thoroughlyS

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    LordOfCain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    hahahah! This is silly as hell! For the gifs, right?
    Yep. Does it seem balanced though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!
    Company Website: http://lernaeanstudio.com
    PF 3pp Subreddit I Mod: r/Pathfinder3pp

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Zaydos' Creation [Reserve] (Zaydos)

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Fun fact, my name was going be Snowblind, but I figured it would be taken.

    Nice feat. Time to put on my shades to save my eyes.
    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Oh, hey, look! More cool stuff dragonblooded creatures get compared to non-draconic creatures! Sweet. Thanks!

    You know, I haven't been around too long yet, but I'm already collecting a nice little hoard of these goodies you guys have made for me in my sig. I quite like it.
    They can always use more. Always.

    And at some point I need to update my sig for these threads... I missed stuff the first time and that was many threads ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Also, it's based on Arrow Storm, so the effect isn't stupidly open. Finally, it's a call forward to the 4e Swordmage, whose swordburst is in 5e too. ;3
    Swordmage is still my favorite thing in 4e, I keep meaning to make a 3.5 conversion. It's not likely to happen.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfCain View Post
    Yep. Does it seem balanced though?
    Yes, but maybe it needs a clause to use a highest level spell, like the others. Maybe for the range or reducing the cooldown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post

    Swordmage is still my favorite thing in 4e, I keep meaning to make a 3.5 conversion. It's not likely to happen.
    Well now you can, thanks to my new feat! it's an At-Will and everything.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xuldarinar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Mage's Shadow [Reserve] (Xuldarinar)

    You are a dark reflection of another's power, and as such, you can imitate another's magic.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast (Shadow) Spells of 4th-level

    Effect: A number of times per day equal to 1/3 your caster level, you may attempt to reactively mimic another spell you've seen cast by another, one of a level equal to or lower than the highest level (Shadow) spell you have available to cast. Within one round of seeing the spell you want to copy cast, you must make a Spellcraft check (DC equal to 15+the spell's level+that spellcaster's casting stat modifier) on your turn. If you succeed, you may immediately cast (or begin to cast, should the spell have more than one Full-Round casting time) a shadowy replica of that spell. The replica is 10 x the spell's level percent real. Note that you must have been able to see and identify the spell being cast.

    You also gain a +1 competence bonus on your caster level for (Shadow) spells.
    I've been represented before I even noticed this thread.. and I love it. Thank you.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Blackhawk748's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tharggy, on Tellene
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Hawk Dive Strike [Reserve] (Blackhawk)

    With a touch of magic the blade is faster than the eye

    Prerequisite: Ability to cast a 4th level or higher spell as a swift or immediate action, Quick Draw.

    Benefit: As a swift action you may make a melee attack at your highest attack bonus but you suffer a penalty to hit and weapon damage of (9 - the highest level spell you available for you to cast as a swift or immediate action) until the beginning of your next turn.

    As a secondary benefit whenever you cast a spell as a swift or immediate action you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level for it.
    Oh this is wonderful, now i need to make a Sorcerer//OA Samurai/Iajutsu master


    Blade of the Bloody Handed God
    (Lordof Cain)

    Channel the fury of the Bloody Handed One!

    Prerequisite:The Ability to cast a Weapon-like spell of 3rd level or higher or one 3rd level or higher spell from the War Domain

    Effect
    : As a swift action you may sheathe your weapon in the fury of the War god Khaine. Your melee weapon counts as Good (if you are Good aligned) or Evil (if you are Evil Aligned) for 1 round. It also deals +1d6 Holy (if good) or Profane (if Evil) per level of your highest level Weapon-Like spell or War domain spell on all attacks made on your turn. You cannot activate this effect again for 1d4 rounds

    Special: Paladin and Ranger spells count as twice their spell level for this feat
    Special: For the purposes of the pre reqs of this feat and for its effects, Rays do not count. The spell must create a weapon, or behave like one. Examples: Blade of Blood, Thunderlance, and Spiritual Weapon.

    I have no idea if your name is a reference to the Eldar War God, but thats what i always think of when i see your name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

    My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland


    My Historical Stuff channel

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    LordOfCain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Yes, but maybe it needs a clause to use a highest level spell, like the others. Maybe for the range or reducing the cooldown?


    Well now you can, thanks to my new feat! it's an At-Will and everything.
    I think I did something similar. For every two levels above two that the caster leaves open the cool down decreases by one. I think that should be good. First time thinking about making a reserve feat or even really looking at reserve feats except for AGC.
    Last edited by LordOfCain; 2016-02-04 at 08:10 PM. Reason: missing a period
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!
    Company Website: http://lernaeanstudio.com
    PF 3pp Subreddit I Mod: r/Pathfinder3pp

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    LordOfCain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Oh this is wonderful, now i need to make a Sorcerer//OA Samurai/Iajutsu master


    Blade of the Bloody Handed God
    (Lordof Cain)

    Channel the fury of the Bloody Handed One!

    Prerequisite:The Ability to cast a Weapon-like spell of 3rd level or higher or one 3rd level or higher spell from the War Domain

    Effect
    : As a swift action you may sheathe your weapon in the fury of the War god Khaine. Your melee weapon counts as Good (if you are Good aligned) or Evil (if you are Evil Aligned) for 1 round. It also deals +1d6 Holy (if good) or Profane (if Evil) per level of your highest level Weapon-Like spell or War domain spell on all attacks made on your turn. You cannot activate this effect again for 1d4 rounds

    Special: Paladin and Ranger spells count as twice their spell level for this feat
    Special: For the purposes of the pre reqs of this feat and for its effects, Rays do not count. The spell must create a weapon, or behave like one. Examples: Blade of Blood, Thunderlance, and Spiritual Weapon.

    I have no idea if your name is a reference to the Eldar War God, but thats what i always think of when i see your name.
    It is a reference to this character from Skullduggery Pleasant
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!
    Company Website: http://lernaeanstudio.com
    PF 3pp Subreddit I Mod: r/Pathfinder3pp

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoPhoenix0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cloudcuckooland

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Yes. If you notice, it also gives works with Full Channelling, since it's a full attack. Int High-DB with good debuffs and poison spell, spread the sickness!

    Also, it's based on Arrow Storm, so the effect isn't stupidly open. Finally, it's a call forward to the 4e Swordmage, whose swordburst is in 5e too. ;3

    They have a billion low level slots. :p
    I am suddenly thinking about aoe harm and heal spells. normally it would be impossible to mass heal and get full channeling on a level 20 build.

    Also, it's not like duskblades even have as many slots as a sorcerer, though they do have more than a wizard.

    Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I am suddenly thinking about aoe harm and heal spells. normally it would be impossible to mass heal and get full channeling on a level 20 build.
    ... await errata to make it allow you to heal people by attacking them. :p

    Also, it's not like duskblades even have as many slots as a sorcerer, though they do have more than a wizard.
    I'd have to do the math of on that. ;p
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Resting upon my hoard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    By the way, Zaydos, I'm glad to see you like the feat I made for you. Same goes for you, LordOfCain, and you, Xuldarinar.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

    Extended Signature Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

    As much as it god damn wants.
    Avatar by thoroughlyS

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Okay, but the Blade of Force is actually a little weak for what it does.
    Very true. Minor Shapeshift is really the only reserve feat that I think is worthwhile unless I'm taking a class that gets bonus feats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Did you give permission?
    Yup! I gave eternal permission around the start of the special materials thread.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    I'd have to do the math of on that. ;p
    Duskblades have 50 spell slots + bonus spells.

    Sorcerers have 60 + (more) bonus spells.

    Wizards have 40 + bonus spells. 28 Int Wiz (18 Int, no aging, +6 item) has 55, same Int duskblade has 61 (duskblade is likely to have significantly less Int, but Int 20 stills has 56).

    Most Wizards are Specialists which have 50 slot + bonus spells, at which point they have more spells than a duskblade.

    In general at 20th level wizards will edge them out.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Yup! I gave eternal permission around the start of the special materials thread.
    I have an idea for you. :3
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Life Siphon [Reserve] (Extra Anchovies)

    Your touch robs life from your foes to feed it to you.

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast Vampiric Touch.

    Benefit: As long as you have a 1st level or higher necromancy spell available to cast you may perform a special touch attack which deals 1d4 damage per spell level of your highest level Necromancy spell available to a living creature touched; if you have a 5th level or higher necromancy spell available you also add whatever ability score modifier determines its save DC to the damage dealt. You gain temp hp equal to the damage dealt, this temp hp lasts a number of rounds equal to your highest mental (Int, Wis, or Cha) ability score modifier.

    As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level with necromancy spells.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Jerk to Life [Reserve] (Segev)

    You cause unlife to run through a corpse animating it to fight for you momentarily.

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast Animate Dead, Create Undead, or Create Greater Undead

    Benefit: As a standard action you can instill a corpse within (5 ft x spell level of the highest level spell you have available which can animate corpses as undead) of you with unlife. You may raise it as a skeleton or zombie assuming it meets the prerequisites for either (once raised as a skeleton the flesh sloughs off and it cannot be raised as a zombie), though to raise it as a zombie it must have no more hit dice than your character level or 10 (whichever is lower) and a skeleton may not have more hit dice than your character level or 20 (whichever is lower). It remains animate for 1 round per spell level of the highest level spell you have available which can animate corpses as undead after which point it deanimates and cannot be re-animated with this ability for 10 minutes. If a creature de-animates because this effect wears off it can be reanimate again as undead at a later date, but any damage sustained while it was animate remains, and if it is destroyed it cannot be reanimated once more.

    As a secondary benefit you gain a +2 competence bonus to your caster level for spells that animate the dead, this includes for the purposes of the number of undead you can control that you create with Animate Dead.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Life Siphon [Reserve] (Extra Anchovies)

    Your touch robs life from your foes to feed it to you.

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast Vampiric Touch.

    Benefit: As long as you have a 1st level or higher necromancy spell available to cast you may perform a special touch attack which deals 1d4 damage per spell level of your highest level Necromancy spell available to a living creature touched; if you have a 5th level or higher necromancy spell available you also add whatever ability score modifier determines its save DC to the damage dealt. You gain temp hp equal to the damage dealt, this temp hp lasts a number of rounds equal to your highest mental (Int, Wis, or Cha) ability score modifier.

    As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level with necromancy spells.
    Ooh, I like it! Gives a nice alternative to withdrawing for getting out of melee - lay on a bit of hurt as a warning, and use the temporary hp to tank some/all of the damage from any AoOs you end up provoking as you regular-move away. Is it compatible with full attacks? If so this could be the core of an interesting build...

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    I have an idea for you. :3
    Well I've got one for you, so there! :3

    Generalized Invigorating Field [Reserve]

    Unattended objects have a habit of springing to life when you're around.

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast 2nd-level spells.

    Benefit: As long as you have a Transmutation spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast, you can animate one or more objects within 30 feet as a standard action. This effect emulates the spell animate objects except as follows. You must have line of effect to all targeted objects. You can create animated objects with a total number of HD equal to or less than the level of the highest-level Transmutation spell you have available to cast, minus 1. Thus, a character with a 9th-level Transmutation spell available to cast could animate one Huge object, two Large objects, four Medium objects, or any other combination totaling 8 HD. This effect lasts for one round per level of the highest-level Transmutation spell you have available to cast, and any animated objects that are more than 60 feet away from you revert to normal until you move back into range.

    In addition, any Transmutation spells cast by you that target one or more objects are cast at +1 caster level.

    Some mages with this ability carry sets of dolls in the likenesses of their favorite anime characters, and animate the dolls to act out short, silent scenes.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Troacctid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Ooh, I like it! Gives a nice alternative to withdrawing for getting out of melee - lay on a bit of hurt as a warning, and use the temporary hp to tank some/all of the damage from any AoOs you end up provoking as you regular-move away. Is it compatible with full attacks? If so this could be the core of an interesting build...
    Nah, reserve feats take a standard action to use unless otherwise stated.

    I like it, though. It looks like fun.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    I go off for one evening, and what happens? Honestly, I can't leave you alone for a few hours, can I?

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Fell Deception [Reserve] (Red Fel)

    The vile magic flowing through your veins does little to impede your natural charm. In fact, it only seems to enhance it...
    Prerequisites: Evil alignment, ability to cast (Charm) spells of 4th-level

    Effect: As long as you have a (Charm) spell of 4th-level or higher available to cast, a number of times per day equal to the highest level of (Charm) spell you have available, you may attempt to charm any creature with an Int score of at least 3, They must succeed on a Will save (DC equal to that of the highest level (Charm) spell you have available) or have their attitude towards you improved by one step, though this cannot improve their attitude past Helpful. Should they succeed, they are not aware any such attempt was made. This is an enchantment (Charm), mind-affecting effect. You also no longer are recognized as Evil or the purposes of alignment-detecting abilities or as long as you have a (Charm) spell of 4th-level or higher available to cast.
    Oh, that is delicious. The mechanics are a bit awkward - if I cast the highest level Charm spell I have available, does that mean I lose daily uses of this feat? But I do love the passive effect, it's so deliciously me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Word of Betrayal [Reserve, Vile] (Red Fel)

    With a word you cause an enemy to turn upon their closest comrade and strike them down.

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast a 4th level or higher Enchantment (Compulsion) spell.

    Benefit: You can speak a word of betrayal as a standard action forcing one creature within 10 ft per spell level of the highest level Enchantment (Compulsion) spell you have available cast to make a Will save or on their next turn they must move to make a single attack against the ally for whom they care the most for that they can move to and attack with the deadliest attack that does not require the use of a limited use special ability or special ammunition. They gain a bonus to attack and damage with this attack equal to the level of the highest level Enchantment (Compulsion) spell you have available cast. If there are no allies they can reach to attack this ability has no effect.

    As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level for Enchantment (Compulsion) spells.
    Oh, that's just cruel. Things like "the ally for whom they care about the most" are a bit fluffy, but immensely satisfying. And the CL boost is just fantastic icing on the cake of Evil. Do like.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Resting upon my hoard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Oh, that is delicious. The mechanics are a bit awkward - if I cast the highest level Charm spell I have available, does that mean I lose daily uses of this feat? But I do love the passive effect, it's so deliciously me.
    Ah, crap, I just noticed that - I didn't mean for it to me equal to the level of your highest Charm spell, I wasn't thinking. I'll try to figure out what I was thinking and fix that.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

    Extended Signature Link

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

    As much as it god damn wants.
    Avatar by thoroughlyS

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    LoyalPaladin Protector [Reserve]

    You shelter your allies with your own self, taking the baleful effects of magic for them.

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast Shield Other

    Benefit: As long as you are able to cast a 2nd level or higher Abjuration spell whenever a creature within 5 ft + 5 ft/2 levels of highest available abjuration spell attempts a saving throw against a targeted spell you may redirect to yourself as an immediate action; if the target forgoes their save (or the spell does not allow a save) you may not use this ability. This ability cannot redirect spells which require an attack roll to connect to their target, spells that already are targeting you, or spells that you are wholly immune to (a paladin could not redirect a fear spell, a character under the effects of mind blank could not redirect mind blank, etc).

    As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level for Abjuration spells.

    Special: You gain a competence bonus to the saving throw against the redirected spell equal to the highest level Abjuration spell you have available to cast as a paladin.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-04 at 11:36 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Well I've got one for you, so there! :3

    Generalized Invigorating Field [Reserve]

    Unattended objects have a habit of springing to life when you're around.

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast 2nd-level spells.

    Benefit: As long as you have a Transmutation spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast, you can animate one or more objects within 30 feet as a standard action. This effect emulates the spell animate objects except as follows. You must have line of effect to all targeted objects. You can create animated objects with a total number of HD equal to or less than the level of the highest-level Transmutation spell you have available to cast, minus 1. Thus, a character with a 9th-level Transmutation spell available to cast could animate one Huge object, two Large objects, four Medium objects, or any other combination totaling 8 HD. This effect lasts for one round per level of the highest-level Transmutation spell you have available to cast, and any animated objects that are more than 60 feet away from you revert to normal until you move back into range.

    In addition, any Transmutation spells cast by you that target one or more objects are cast at +1 caster level.

    Some mages with this ability carry sets of dolls in the likenesses of their favorite anime characters, and animate the dolls to act out short, silent scenes.
    Nice. Good all gif and doll action.

    Anchovy Avalanche [Reserve]

    You're pretty stubborn about your choice of pizza toppings. Make your friends pitch in for ingredients they never wanted!

    Prerequisite: Ability to cast 3rd level conjuration spells.

    Effect: As long as you have a third level or higher conjuration spell available to cast, you may summon a bunch of anchovies to ruin someone's day. As a standard action, a 10 foot square within 10 feet per highest level of conjuration spell you have available to cast is filled with anchovies, dealing 1d4 bludgeoning damage per level of that spell. A successful reflex save negates the damage. That square is difficult terrain for number of rounds equal to one plus half of the level of the spell divided by two.


    In addition, any Conjuration spells cast by you that target one or more objects are cast at +1 caster level.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-02-05 at 12:52 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Wyrd's Reserve:

    Your curses flow like blood through your veins, empowering you.

    Benefit: As long as you are able to cast any spell with the [curse] descriptor, enemies who successfully hit you take a cumulative -1 to their to-hit, damage, and one save of your choice, and you gain a cumulative +1 bonus to CL checks and may cast any one [curse] spell against the attacker without losing a spell slot. This last effect may only take place once every 24 hours per enemy.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

    Unrelenting Resilience [Reserve] (IZ42)

    You let your magic supplement your resolve and your body's resilience, fueling and protecting yourself with a false life drawn from sorcery.

    Prerequisites: Ability to cast a 2nd level or higher necromancy spell.

    Benefit: As a standard action you may charge yourself with necromantic energy supplementing your life force with it and gaining temp hp equal to twice the level of your highest level available necromancy spell. This temporary hp lasts 10 minutes.

    As an additional benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level for necromancy spells.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •