A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

I give permission!

Words of power. (illyahr)

Prerequisites One Power word spell of 3rd level or higher. Or one Language dependent spell of 3rd level or higher.

Benefit. As long as you have a spell prepared that meets the requirements. You may as a full round action, choose a target within 30 feet of you, that you share a language with, and give them a one word action that they must follow to the best of their ability. The target may make a will save DC 10+Highest level spell that meets the qualifications+your casting bonus to resist the effect.

In addition to cast all language dependent spells at 1 CL higher.
    Last edited by Illven; 2016-02-06 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Elephantine Growth [Reserve] (Seto)
    You are able to swell to titanic sizes, growing large to smite your enemies.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast 3rd level or higher transmutation spells.
    Benefit: As long as you have a 3rd level or higher transmutation spell available to cast you may cause yourself to grow 1 size category, to a maximum of huge, until the start of your next turn as a swift action. If you have a 6th level or higher transmutation spell available you grow 2 size categories, to a maximum of huge, instead and if you have a 9th level transmutation available you grow 3 size categories, to a maximum of huge. Your reach increases if appropriate, and you gain +2 to Str, -2 Dex, and +2 natural armor for each size category you actually grew as your flesh becomes grey and leathery like an elephants. Once you have used this ability you must wait 1d4 rounds before using it again.

As a secondary benefit of this feat you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level with transmutation spells.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I give permission!

Words of power. (illyahr)

Prerequisites One Power word spell of 3rd level or higher. Or one Language dependent spell of 3rd level or higher.

Benefit. As long as you have a spell prepared that meets the requirements. You may as a full round action, choose a target within 30 feet of you, that you share a language with, and give them a one word action that they must follow to the best of their ability. The target may make a will save DC 11+your Charisma bonus to resist the effect.

In addition to cast all language dependent spells at 1 CL higher.
    Normally the save DC for these is 10 + highest level spell that meets qualifications (in this case, a Power Word or language dependent spell) + your casting stat. I'm loving the concept of this, though. It's like a high-powered at-will command spell.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Create Honey Cake [Reserve] (Atemu1234)
    Little known fact:1the only thing demon lords like to eat more than souls is cake. You can therefore create cake.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast a 3rd level or higher Necromancy spell, and a 3rd level or higher Illusion spell.
    Benefit: As long as you have a 3rd level or higher Necromancy spell available and a 3rd level or higher Illusion spell you can create a slice of factually1actual, delicious honey cake. This cake seems to satisfy a creature's hunger as if an actual meal, but provides no useful sustenance, if you try and survive on factually1actual honey cakes you will die. However they do provide a short lived rush of energy when eaten (as a standard action, they are small cakes) which grants 3 temporary hit points per spell level of your highest available Necromancy or Illusion spell you have available. These temporary hit points last 1 hour.
    1: All facts listed are lies.
    As a secondary benefit of this feat you can subsist on a diet of pure dessert. But not honey cakes the cakes are lies.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Look our resident evil overlord finaly decide to share yandere epidemics results(segev you lucky sob now you have lot of undead to zerg rush some one)
    I also offer my services to control the infestation and rent it out for more civilized labors.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Excellent work. You have earned your Sailor Fuku.

These things are addictive.
    ...what DID you lace my youth potion with? o_O
    Last edited by Segev; 2016-02-06 at 02:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Noting mate just some amp?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

I WOULD SWEAR ETERNAL VENGEANCE UPON WHOEVER HAD BEEN RAVISHING MY HERB GARDEN EXCEPT I AM LAWFUL GOOD RIGHT NOW. SO WHY DON'T WE JUST FIGHT INJUSTICE TOGETHER INSTEAD? And to avoid it decapitalizing everything.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #98

There is something amusingly wrong about the idea of a necromancer magical girl. I may have to try playing this sometime.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

...is it worth pointing out that Sailor Pluto's main attack is called "Dead Scream?"

EDIT: ...or that Saturn is explicitly the Sailor of Death and is a little on the Goth side.

As for why Pluto is the guardian of time and Saturn the sailor of death and not the other way around, the answer seems to be "Naoko Takuechi was overworked and probably strung out on amphetamines. She got mixed up."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

There is something amusingly wrong about the idea of a necromancer magical girl. I may have to try playing this sometime.
    As an aside I contemplated making an undead princess archetype or undead themed version of the evil queen PrC for you in my little vanity thread. Unfortunately princess is a class that'd be work to divorce from its 'you must be good aligned' and I don't feel like making a bunch of good aligned dead raising powers...

I don't...

Ok I'm almost tempted just for the fun of it, but not on princess particularly, though... fluff them as souls returning from heaven to reanimate (their?) bodies... maybe deathless instead of undead but deathless and good aligned undead are both cans of fluff worms that I don't enjoy poking at.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Marlowe, for some reason I kinda want to use the sailor doll you made for me as an avatar. That might be the really bad head cold talking, but I tend to listen to strange suggestions from random voices in my subconscious. So would you mind if i fiddled around with the size a bit and used it for a while?

well, maybe for an ordinary magical girl series. Sailor moon is a little bit darker though it would probably be a bit strange for an ordinary senshi (there are some really unusual ones in the show), then there is the extreme magical girl series known as Puella Magi Madoka Magica that doesn't care about being nice and friendly at all, and it would not be out of place at all in that one (especially given *plot spoiler*) though I do not believe there is such a power in it already.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Marlowe, for some reason I kinda want to use the sailor doll you made for me as an avatar. That might be the really bad head cold talking, but I tend to listen to strange suggestions from random voices in my subconscious. So would you mind if i fiddled around with the size a bit and used it for a while?
    Of course I don't mind. You should be able to find the site I used to make it if you want to mess around a little.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    well, maybe for an ordinary magical girl series. Sailor moon is a little bit darker though it would probably be a bit strange for an ordinary senshi (there are some really unusual ones in the show), then there is the extreme magical girl series known as Puella Magi Madoka Magica that doesn't care about being nice and friendly at all, and it would not be out of place at all in that one (especially given *plot spoiler*) though I do not believe there is such a power in it already.
    Magic Girl shows are about a protagonist (or group of them) on the threshold of adulthood facing more-or-less deadly enemies that are very often symbolic of the perils of modern urban life, the fears of adolescence, or something else very concrete. They are about the dangers of the transition into adulthood.

The exact western equivalent is the teen slasher movie.

With that in mind, it's not surprising that MG shows can get pretty dark. What's surprizing is that so many of them are as light as they are.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

The exact western equivalent is the teen slasher movie.
    I can't really argue with that at all. I mean I could If I were to analyze it in extreme depth but that is getting pedantic. The main difference is in most slasher films most protagonists die and the they don't in most magical girl shows.

I want another madoka magica.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #104

Obviously, we need to write the adventures of FINAL GIRL, the story of an ordinary high-school student trapped in an unaging and indestructable body who finds herself tasked with the unending and thankless task of wandering around dealing with serial killers and slashers, with the help of her enigmatic and equally unaging cute animal sidekick (who, for added creep factor, will know where the next target is but who won't be able to directly communicate and who doesn't even appear to be especially intelligent most of the time, thus forcing our heroine to follow him around and HOPE that his meanderings are significant). Sort of a cross between Sailor Moon, MAdoka, Dexter, Friday the 13th, and the Terminator TV series.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Elephantine Growth [Reserve] (Seto)
    You are able to swell to titanic sizes, growing large to smite your enemies.
    That's swell !
    Huh, you know, I have a Transmuter NPC planned for my players to meet later... Might give her that. It'd be a surprise if they try to melee her. Especially since it's swift. Does it provoke ?
    Plus, the +1 to CL with transmutation spells is yummy.
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

16. - Top - End - #106

Spoiler: The muppet show version was delightfully creepy.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

well, I learned several lessons today.
    1. I relearned the importance of proper file name etiquette yet again. never use spaces it will ruin everything eventually no matter how clever you and the systems you use are.
    2. despite the pixel size being no longer mentioned for avatars it is still important since this site does not use image resizing tools.
    3. A reason people use OotS style avatars is image quality. Sailor moon art-style does not help.

but mostly that first one, geez, i should know this by now.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-02-06 at 07:21 AM.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: The muppet show version was delightfully creepy.
    Show

What, by all that is divine, are you on...

That is literally the weirdest thing I have ever seen, and i read a lot of manga and watch a lot of anime.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    That's swell !
    Huh, you know, I have a Transmuter NPC planned for my players to meet later... Might give her that. It'd be a surprise if they try to melee her. Especially since it's swift. Does it provoke ?
    Plus, the +1 to CL with transmutation spells is yummy.
    It's an Su ability so nope.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Spine of the Spire [Reserve] (Seto)
    The power of the Elephant of Balance is within you making magic more difficult to cast nearby.
    Prerequisites: Must be Neutral in at least one axis of your alignment, must be able to cast 3rd level or higher Abjuration spells.
    Benefit: As a standard action you can anchor the multiverse around you. This creates a 20 ft emanation, centered on yourself, in which spellcasting is difficult. Spells and spell-like abilities which are lower level than the highest level Abjuration spell you have available to cast suffer a 20% chance of failure if cast while within the area, targeting creatures/objects within the area, creating effects within the area, or having the point of origin for their area within the area (you can, however freely cast lines and cones from outside in). In addition such spells suffer a penalty to their caster level equal to the highest level Abjuration spell you have available to cast. It is a standard action to deactivate this aura and it affects spells you cast as well. If you fall unconscious the aura automatically deactivates.

As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to CL with Abjuration spells.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-06 at 11:35 AM.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway, since you're here:
    Oh dear Tiamat. I don't even really know how I'm supposed to respond to this. On the one hand, I sort of want to thank you for making this... On the other hand, I sort of want to set this on fire and Mindrape myself into forgetting it even existed - I honestly could have gone my entire life without seeing myself as a Sailor Fuku.
    *mostly joking*
    I think I'll thank you for now and hope this doesn't come back to bite me later.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Man, Zaydos is on a freakin roll here. Well i better actually do something.

Dragon's Breath (Draconium or Zaydos, i cant choose between our two favorite Dragons )

Unleash the fury of your Draconic heritage!

Prerequisite: Dragonblooded type, the ability to cast spells with the [fire], [cold], [electricty], or [acid] descriptor of 2nd level or higher.
    Effect: When you take this feat choose one of [fire], [cold], [electricty], or [acid], this is the energy type that you breath weapon will deal. If you have Draconic heritage of a specific dragon type, your type must match that, otehrwise you may choose.
    As a standard action you may create a 15 foot cone shaped burst that deals 1d4 damage, +1d4 damage per level of the highest level [fire], [cold], [electricty], or [acid] spell you posess, to all in the area with a DC 10+ highest level [fire], [cold], [electricty], or [acid] + Casting stat mod Reflex for half. The Cone gains +5ft per 2 spell levels beyond 2nd.

Special: You gain a +1 CL on spells with one of the [fire], [cold], [electricty], or [acid] descriptors, this must match the energy type of your Draconic Breath.

On an unrelated note, i have succeeded on my Craft: Biscuits check
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Empower Fuku [Reserve] (Marlowe)
    In the name of the moon go forth!
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast Divine Power.
    Benefit: As long as you have a 1st level or higher Evocation spell available to cast you may (as a standard action) empower a creature that is currently wearing a sailor fuku, or similar dress-like skirted garment within 60 ft. They gain the ability to use your BAB in place of their own if it is better for 1 round per level of the highest level Evocation spell you have available to cast. In addition the target gains a bonus to weapon or eldritch blast damage equal to the highest level evocation spell you have available to cast, this bonus lasts only 1 round.

As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level with Evocation spells which lack one of the five energy subtypes (acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic) and the force subtype.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Call the Legion (Illven)

A commander is nothing without their troops.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast (Summoning) spells of 2nd-level

Effect: As long as you have a (Summoning) spell of 2nd-level or higher available to cast, you may take a 1-round action to summon a soldier to assist you in battle. This soldier must not have an ECL above your own ECL-2, and they must be of the same type of creature as you. In addition, they must choose their levels from the NPC class list (except for Adept). Should they have more than ten HD, they may also take a single level into one of the following classes: Fighter, Monk, Ranger, Rogue. If they have at least 15 HD, they may take two levels from any one of those classes. Other than that, this soldier's build is up to you. You may also choose to summon 2 soldiers of your ECL-4 each, or 3 at your ECL-6 each, or so on (for each additional soldier you summon, their ECL will go down by 2). These soldiers appear at the beginning of your next turn, going directly after you in the initiative count, and you can command them verbally as long as you share a common language. They carry standard non-magical equipment, and all their possessions vanish when the effect ends. These soldiers stay for a number of rounds equal to twice the highest level of (Summoning) spell you had available to cast when you activated this ability. You may also dismiss them at any time as a move action.

You also gain a +1 competence bonus on your caster level when casting (Summoning) spells.
    Last edited by Draconium; 2016-02-06 at 01:24 PM.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

25. - Top - End - #115

Empower Fuku [Reserve] (Marlowe)
    In the name of the moon go forth!
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast Divine Power.
    Benefit: As long as you have a 1st level or higher Evocation spell available to cast you may (as a standard action) empower a creature that is currently wearing a sailor fuku, or similar dress-like skirted garment within 60 ft. They gain the ability to use your BAB in place of their own if it is better for 1 round per level of the highest level Evocation spell you have available to cast. In addition the target gains a bonus to weapon or eldritch blast damage equal to the highest level evocation spell you have available to cast, this bonus lasts only 1 round.

As a secondary benefit you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level with Evocation spells which lack one of the five energy subtypes (acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic) and the force subtype.
    So this is what Tuxedo Mask uses to get the girls to actually HIT the monster with their one-hit-kill attacks?

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

since we unofficially start gitp regulars as magical girls might well as put this link to good use all work goes to solaris

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Man, Zaydos is on a freakin roll here. Well i better actually do something.

Dragon's Breath (Draconium or Zaydos, i cant choose between our two favorite Dragons )
    I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Call the Legion (Illven)

A commander is nothing without their troops.
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast (Summoning) spells of 2nd-level

Effect: As long as you have a (Summoning) spell of 2nd-level or higher available to cast, you may take a 1-round action to summon a soldier to assist you in battle. This soldier must not have an ECL above your own ECL-2, and they must be of the same type of creature as you, but other than that, this soldier's build is up to you. You may also choose to summon 2 soldiers of your ECL-4 each, or 3 at your ECL-6 each, or so on (for each additional soldier you summon, their ECL will go down by 2). These soldiers appear at the beginning of your next turn, going directly after you in the initiative count, and you can command them verbally as long as you share a common language. These soldiers stay for a number of rounds equal to twice the highest level of (Summoning) spell you had available to cast when you activated this ability. You may also dismiss them at any time as a move action.

You also gain a +1 competence bonus on your caster level when casting (Summoning) spells.
    Normally I try to refrain from commenting on balance unless specifically asked, but please tell me you realize just how insane this is. I mean at-will summon (at 20th level) 18th level wizard/cleric/druid is pretty crazy, even at 3rd level it means you have any 1st level spell when needed out of combat, or by spending a full round to cast it. Even if you must make the individual soldiers once and stick to them it's Leadership++ with the ability to change out your cohort for 2 lower level ones, or 3 or so forth.

So this is what Tuxedo Mask uses to get the girls to actually HIT the monster with their one-hit-kill attacks?
    I don't know, confession the only magical girl shows I've ever watched were Card Captor Sakura back when it came on Saturday mornings and PMMM. I've seen 3(?) episodes of Sailor Moon and 1 of Nanoha.

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    since we unofficially start gitp regulars as magical girls might well as put this link to good use all work goes to solaris
    If we're linking Magical Girl homebrew I feel we must link Tome of Radiance (somewhere there's a pdf), ol' Beelzebub1111's tarot themed Magical Girl (haven't seen 'em around for a bit), and my own Princess at least when you include the Henshin no Hime ACF which trades songs for the ability to transform into a variety of costumes (though really more Kamen Rider than Magical Girl and it just doesn't quite become cohesive). There's a few Madoka based Magical Girl classes somewhere on the boards but the one I can remember was bad (full caster with class features and casting that was actually improved which made no sense for the theme) and I'm not hunting it down.

Edit: Majokko is quite possibly the best of those, but darn it completionism demands the rest.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-06 at 01:15 PM.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Normally I try to refrain from commenting on balance unless specifically asked, but please tell me you realize just how insane this is. I mean at-will summon (at 20th level) 18th level wizard/cleric/druid is pretty crazy, even at 3rd level it means you have any 1st level spell when needed out of combat, or by spending a full round to cast it. Even if you must make the individual soldiers once and stick to them it's Leadership++ with the ability to change out your cohort for 2 lower level ones, or 3 or so forth.
    Actually, I was just about to edit it - I'm gonna restrict it to NPC class levels, maybe with a maximum of two PC levels from a limited list as well. Being able to summon other spellcasters is seriously OP.

Extended Signature Link

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Actually, I was just about to edit it - I'm gonna restrict it to NPC class levels, maybe with a maximum of two PC levels from a limited list as well. Being able to summon other spellcasters is seriously OP.
    Personally for 'summon temp soldier' effects I default to Astral Construct to be honest. I mean some of the abilities don't fit humanoid soldier, but it's so much easier than building a character from the ground up.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally for 'summon temp soldier' effects I default to Astral Construct to be honest. I mean some of the abilities don't fit humanoid soldier, but it's so much easier than building a character from the ground up.
    You're right, but I really wanted to play off the whole "army general" thing, and I felt like this kept the flavor the best. At any rate, I've restricted spellcasting completely, so it's pretty much a less powerful Summon Monster now - useful in certain situations, but most of the time, the spell itself will be better.

Also, Blackhawk, I like the feat as well.

Extended Signature Link