Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Reserve Feats

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    I'm breaking up with LP.
    Somebody is playing MWO alone tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    I feel like I should be flattered. And slightly horrified. But no thanks, you can keep your attention off of me. I don't want it sullying my hoard.
    You know you want it... please take it!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Now, now, Loyal that's not very paladinic of you. Trying to pass off your creepy yandere to another, that's Neutral at best, I thought you were supposed to be a shining example of Good which through your acts showed us how to be Good. I'm almost ashamed.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #393

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Now, now, Loyal that's not very paladinic of you. Trying to pass off your creepy yandere to another, that's Neutral at best, I thought you were supposed to be a shining example of Good which through your acts showed us how to be Good. I'm almost ashamed.
    Ah, but you see I have a loop hole! It's not unlawful to pass off the yandere and it's not technically evil! Which means I can do it. As far as being the example of good, I'm obtaining from associating with a chaotic, possibly evil being! Draconium is a red dragon, so that's his shtick anyways!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

No I don't, and no I won't.

As far as being the example of good, I'm obtaining from associating with a chaotic, possibly evil being! Draconium is a red dragon, so that's his shtick anyways!
    Evil, yes. But I thought we established I'm Lawful? Because let's face it, Lawful Evil is the best Evil*. Or are you just saying that because I'm a Red Dragon, I'm automatically Chaotic? Because that's a vicious (albeit often true) stereotype!

*Note that this is my opinion, and does not objectively classify one type of Evil over another.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Colossus in the Playground

A module I wrote once involved a juvenile red dragon who had been infected with lycanthropy while under a powerful polymorph effect that rendered him human (and vulnerable to the curse). Due to various events, he deliberately accepted the curse for its alternate forms, and had his alignment shift to LE. This sparked a long-term plan to gain access to a human throne.

6. - Top - End - #396

Evil, yes. But I thought we established I'm Lawful? Because let's face it, Lawful Evil is the best Evil*. Or are you just saying that because I'm a Red Dragon, I'm automatically Chaotic? Because that's a vicious (albeit often true) stereotype!
    I'm mostly saying the it's closer to your job than mine to handle this... matter. Now if there were evil acts being perpetrated, then it's my job and the yandere would be smote with no remorse.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    A module I wrote once involved a juvenile red dragon who had been infected with lycanthropy while under a powerful polymorph effect that rendered him human (and vulnerable to the curse). Due to various events, he deliberately accepted the curse for its alternate forms, and had his alignment shift to LE. This sparked a long-term plan to gain access to a human throne.
    That actually sounds like an interesting plotline. Mind if I steal that for one of my games at some point?

I'm mostly saying the it's closer to your job than mine to handle this... matter. Now if there were evil acts being perpetrated, then it's my job and the yandere would be smote with no remorse.
    You know, it'd be easier to smite a yandere if they you following you, rather than someone else.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Evil, yes. But I thought we established I'm Lawful? Because let's face it, Lawful Evil is the best Evil*.

*Note that this is my opinion, and does not objectively classify one type of Evil over another.

This is not a statement of opinion! LE is, in fact, objectively better than other forms of Evil!

Or are you just saying that because I'm a Red Dragon, I'm automatically Chaotic? Because that's a vicious (albeit often true) stereotype!
    And now you're discriminating against Red Dragons who willingly chose to live the stereotype. Don't tell them how not to live their lives!

Because that's racist.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

9. - Top - End - #399

You know, it'd be easier to smite a yandere if they you following you, rather than someone else.
    That's where my loophole bites me...

As far as being the example of good, I'm obtaining from associating with a chaotic, possibly evil being! Draconium is a red dragon, so that's his shtick anyways!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    This is not a statement of opinion! LE is, in fact, objectively better than other forms of Evil!
    Well, I suppose thie is true for us, at any rate.

And now you're discriminating against Red Dragons who willingly chose to live the stereotype. Don't tell them how not to live their lives!

Because that's racist.
    Oh, if they choose to live the stereotype, that's not a problem. All I'm saying is that I don't.

Extended Signature Link

11. - Top - End - #401

Nonsense. It is objectively just as good as CE. Both are more good than NE, which is, of course, the purest (and most pragmatic) evil. Objectively speaking.

Because that's racist.
    I'll tell them how to live their lives if I have the power to force them to comply. That is the CE way, after all.

Edit:

That actually sounds like an interesting plotline. Mind if I steal that for one of my games at some point?
    Feel free. The Lycanthropy in this case was wererat-based, for the record, hence the LE.

That module is the only one I was pleased with in the chain I was trying to create for a campaign; the dragon actually didn't even really come up in that one; he was a seeming background character who was going to become important later.

One of these days, I might lay out that whole overarching plot, and the bits I had fleshed out, and ask the Playground for help in developing it and the modules to fill the level spans.
    Last edited by Segev; 2016-02-22 at 03:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post

but is orange cute?
    It can be, but that particular blue is pretty good.
    -snipping insecure despotic stuff ;p -

From what anime is this? I don't recognize it.
    Date A Live. The ova in particular. The black haired girl is the redeeming quality of an otherwise meh show.
    Somebody is playing MWO alone tonight.
    But where will I find free birth scum to demonstrate my relative superiority to? D:

Also, Sjlver will be missing his marauder buddy.
    Oh, you. I still have use for you.

You can't escape.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, but you see I have a loop hole! It's not unlawful to pass off the yandere and it's not technically evil! Which means I can do it. As far as being the example of good, I'm obtaining from associating with a chaotic, possibly evil being! Draconium is a red dragon, so that's his shtick anyways!

Draconium's alignment does not matter, but his plans and actions. Even if he pings as Evil to Detect Evil if he has done nothing to harm others and is planning no such actions attempting to inflict harm on him is not justifiable. He has done nothing but provide a useful service to the community and has shown no signs of intending otherwise. Couple this with torture, such as inflicting a yandere on the unwilling, being an always Evil act your loophole is not looking too good.

Not to mention flagrant loophole abuse to avoid the spirit of the law being a hallmark of the Lawful Evil alignment.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-02-22 at 08:33 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

14. - Top - End - #404

Well to be fair. It could be legal for a LN nation to execute all people that are evil aligned.

Maybe LoyalPaladin, is really LoyalCavalier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #405

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Well to be fair. It could be legal for a LN nation to execute all people that are evil aligned.

Maybe LoyalPaladin, is really LoyalCavalier.
    And Good aligned as well. Just to make it even.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Nonsense. It is objectively just as good as CE. Both are more good than NE, which is, of course, the purest (and most pragmatic) evil. Objectively speaking.

The devs of D&D have always shown their biases! Good is better than Evil, Law is better than Chaos! That's why in later editions, the 9x9 grid was replaced with a scale leading from CE to LG! That's why Exalted, meaning ultra-Good, has an unstated presumption of Law, while Vile feats frequently involve obeisance to an Evil patron, a classic Lawful tendency!

LE is objectively the best Evil alignment! QED!

I'll tell them how to live their lives if I have the power to force them to comply. That is the CE way, after all.
    Funny. You say that's the CE way, and yet I would do the same thing. Funny that.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Is this a freakin court debate?? This is absolutely nuts! This, this right here? This is why people become Chaotic and why i am Neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Is this a freakin court debate?? This is absolutely nuts! This, this right here? This is why people become Chaotic and why i am Neutral.
    Hey, those guys are just posers, they aren't really chaotic. Also, I think the weather where I am right now is some sort of dust like snowmist.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, those guys are just posers, they aren't really chaotic. Also, I think the weather where I am right now is some sort of dust like snowmist.
    Can Someone asked for popcorn because it's really fun to watch you guys bicker for petty reasons

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Can Someone asked for popcorn because it's really fun to watch you guys bicker for petty reasons
    You can have the bowl of lantern archons from many threads ago, I don't think anyone ate them.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

You can have the bowl of lantern archons from many threads ago, I don't think anyone ate them.
    nah hope just cook a fresh bowl so thanks and by the way I stole a shipment of Gilgamesh's wine care to join

22. - Top - End - #412

The devs of D&D have always shown their biases! Good is better than Evil, Law is better than Chaos! That's why in later editions, the 9x9 grid was replaced with a scale leading from CE to LG! That's why Exalted, meaning ultra-Good, has an unstated presumption of Law, while Vile feats frequently involve obeisance to an Evil patron, a classic Lawful tendency!

LE is objectively the best Evil alignment! QED!
    Nonsense. Law is not "better." "Better" implies "more good." And we all know that "Exalted" is one of your plots, Red Fel, to trick self-righteous LG types into adhering to a more rigid code which also happens to "justify" some pretty Evil acts, so please, let's not use a false premise to support your logical argument.

Law is simply more lawful. And LN is more Lawful than LG or LE, being uncorrupted by petty morals to get in the way of the pure logic of adherence to the rules. Whatever the rules are.

A well-attempted argument, my LE colleague, but it does not hold water. Water, after all flows downhill. And NE is the lowest of points on the alignment ring, not CE. Therefore, LE is no "better" than CE.

Funny. You say that's the CE way, and yet I would do the same thing. Funny that.
    Only because they won't obey you if you don't. I mean, they are CE.

23. - Top - End - #413

And we all know that "Exalted" is one of your plots, Red Fel, to trick self-righteous LG types into adhering to a more rigid code which also happens to "justify" some pretty Evil acts, so please, let's not use a false premise to support your logical argument.
    Actually, 14,000 years ago Red Fel and I gathered at weak point between the planes of Celestia and Baator to write the Book of Exalted Deeds and Book of Vile Darkness. We wrote these together to keep the balance of good and evil. However, the power of the books was so strongly opposed that it shattered the bridge between planes and created the Abyss. Red and I have been dealing with that mistake ever since.

tl;dr Chaos is a nuisance.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would like to see what kind of feat I'd get turned into. And to be fair, I'll attempt one, although looking at it, it may be a touch on the broken side.

Snow's Bluff [Reserve]
    Your brisk, clear delivery makes you seem credible.
    Prerequisite: Able to cast 4th level [Cold] spells
    Effect: As long as you have a 4th-level or higher Cold spell available to cast, you apply a +1 bonus per caster level (maximum +20) on Bluff checks made to convince others of the truth of your words. This bonus is not voluntary, and is a (Su) effect.

If a magical effect is used against you that would detect your lies or force you to speak the truth, the user of the effect must succeed on a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against a DC of 5 + your caster level to succeed. Failure means the effect does not detect your lies or force you to speak only the truth, but the source of the effect takes 1 point of Strength damage unless it succeeds a Fortitude saving throw.

Special: You get a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting Cold spells. Additionally, your breath is always cold enough to be seen whenever you speak.

A scaling partial Glibness-ish effect with a cold theme and mildly creepy things going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules are for Jerks: A Chaotic Good Alignment Handbook View Post
    A fair number of people don’t quite grok Chaotic Good, since the idea of thinking for yourself while being a good person is apparently confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by linklele
    Look, a strange boy just popped into my room asking for your soul...
    Avatar by linklele, featuring a strange boy. Full signature is here.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, 14,000 years ago Red Fel and I gathered at weak point between the planes of Celestia and Baator to write the Book of Exalted Deeds and Book of Vile Darkness. We wrote these together to keep the balance of good and evil. However, the power of the books was so strongly opposed that it shattered the bridge between planes and created the Abyss. Red and I have been dealing with that mistake ever since.

guys lp just fallen to the idiot side

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Red and I have been dealing with that mistake ever since.
    Yes. We have been dealing with your mistake.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chaos is wonderful, it's what Evil does with Chaos that profanes its freedoms and delights into something awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules are for Jerks: A Chaotic Good Alignment Handbook View Post
    A fair number of people don’t quite grok Chaotic Good, since the idea of thinking for yourself while being a good person is apparently confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by linklele
    Look, a strange boy just popped into my room asking for your soul...
    Avatar by linklele, featuring a strange boy. Full signature is here.

28. - Top - End - #418

Yes. We have been dealing with your mistake.
    Look, I wanted to create the Hollyphant. Is that so wrong?

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

wtf mate? Are your head nice man I think paladin with your credentials has more sanity guess fighting Cthulhu to many times burn that pea sized sanity of yours. thank god I have a feat that make me semi immune to it by virtue of semi burning my sanity when I still young ( hidden demon hunter feature)

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

You're asking me what wrong is?

I'mma need you to think about that for a minute.