New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I.... what?
    Welcome to khadgar. Grammar doesn't exist, it's actually fake and a lie.

As an aside it's real telling that a rando ass filler arc in the middle of the giant ninja war is more more appreciated than...the giant ninja war.

2. - Top - End - #572

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Welcome to khadgar. Grammar doesn't exist, it's actually fake and a lie.

As an aside it's real telling that a rando ass filler arc in the middle of the giant ninja war is more more appreciated than...the giant ninja war.
    I just wasnt sure if I was being thanked for a great fanfic idea, if he was claiming I was shoving fanfiction into the series, or if he was stroking out in mid post. As for the arc, its funny how padding out a series thats already overly padded somehow works out well from time to time. At least its a break in the interminable number of times we have to see obito as a child, or naruto as a child.
    Last edited by Traab; 2018-11-14 at 09:59 AM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

I just wasnt sure if I was being thanked for a great fanfic idea, if he was claiming I was shoving fanfiction into the series, or if he was stroking out in mid post. As for the arc, its funny how padding out a series thats already overly padded somehow works out well from time to time. At least its a break in the interminable number of times we have to see obito as a child, or naruto as a child.
    Yes you get thanked for fan fiction idea and no i was not claiming you shoved fan fiction into series. I was explaining why it was fan fiction material due Naruto verse dont having demons in the setting and currently only thing was makes jinjuriki was well tailed beasts. So you need to introduce demons first to make the whole demon jinjuriki part work although you can use Sumire kanagi as example for demon hosting jinjuriki but hers was created in secret lab as anti kohana weapon by danzo's colleague.

Well part of the problem was you gents are kinda moving at snail pace thanks to bleakbane so lots of my writing kinda spoiler for you i think as specially bleakbane since he has atleast two more years to reach boruto era if he not pass some of the arcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Bleakbane Catches Up With Naruto

Demon Desert Survival

The second round begins, and immedaitely, Team Guy run into the Sand team of Shira, a pure Taijutsu -user who blocked Lee's leaf hurricane during the mess-room brawl last episode. Shira, who is apparently good enough to have been giving Gaara lessons despite being a genin (and who is extremely loyal to Gaara), had sized up Team Guy and tried to get the Sand Teams to co-ordinate so that his team could engage Team Guy. Shira, to repay Gaara for giving him a chance (presumably, from end of episode, for letting him be a ninja despite Being A Lee), wants get as many Sand Teams to pass as possible. (So, remembering Chunin are leaders, also off to a good start.) They genjutsu Team Guy from the start with pre-planted cactus pollen (ninja being ninja, using the advantage of how to spike the terrain before the exam is perfectly fine). Lee is actually the first one to twig, because he'd been randomly throwing kunai into rocks as they passed, and realised they've been going in a circle.

Shiri's first teammate is Yome was noticable before in the crowd shows for looking... Well, sot of chibi/kawaii in style, like a little girl with huge eyes. Apparently, this is because he has eyes like a frickin' gekko or something (which means it's not really an odd art choice, she must actually look like the lass in Battle Angel Elita's live action version) and it seems her range and acuity gives byankugan a good run for its money. She spots Team Guy and warns off the nearest sand team - but Shira still only just barely arrives even so to stop Team Guy kicking their arses, blocking (!) Neji's Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four palms. Lee, because he is an idiot, wants to fight the dude, but Shira, at least remembers this is an exam, and this is not the the time and place and that he was hear to get them out of the way, not brawl with Lee.

(Seriously, Lee, you dumbass, asks him for a spar after the exams or something; it's not like you're not allied or something and I bet Gaara would be delighted to arrange it.)

Shira's ninjutsu teammate Sen, another lass, though, neatly sends Team Giuy of into a sand waterfall and off down into a giant sand pit.

Shira's team links up with two other Sand Teams (now designated Band Sand Team One and Two), who are this arc's desginated Complete Morons. They decide to try and team Shira and co out, because they don't like him (he's newly a shinobi and has Gaara's favour and it is strongly implied these guys are anti-Gaara faction). With his teammates dealt with in short order (Sen is disarmed, Yome kicks all sorts of arse until she gets flashbanged), Shira takes a coule of kunai fired from one of the other team's bow (?) and the the other team tries to kill them.

Surprise Team Guy for the Rescue! (This is apparently a Thing now...) As the second Bad Sand team legs it, the first Bad Sand Team cuts out and runs as well. Shira asks why they helped, and Neji says they don't like picking on weaker teams or something (dude, at the start of the episode that was your exact plan! You guys just don't like people being ganged up on, admit it!) Sen, at least, is clearly grudingly impressed - Neji is awesome, after all. Actually Shira himself is a bit flabberghasted, actually.

She asks how they hell they got out of the giant sand waterfall pit and Tenten is like "no big," and we see a flashback of her... Unsealing a fracking giant ladder.

Bahahahahahahahahaha! Tenten, you are the best. I mean, just... Who even makes a hundred-foot ladder? Frack knows, but Tenten just keeps one sealed away for giant hole emergancies or something. Class.

I'm sorry, that was by far the most impressive display this episode.

As a Taijutsu User

We get Shira's Tragic Backstory (TM) - which is sufficently A Bit Like Lee's enough to send Lee off alone, in pursuit of both Sand Teams to beat the crap out of them for not acknowledging Shira's hard work, because Lee is an idiot. (See also: Rock Lee's Ninja Pals.)

(I mean, Shira's backstory is quite impressive, since apparently the guy had no formal training, so quite how he got that good without having the villager's taijutsu master teaching him is a bit of a strech, but whatever.)

We also learn that Sen and Yome apparently played with Temari as children, which places them in age (and apparently they've been friends since then, too; also nice to put a name to some of Temari's friends for the first time, as they Sand sibs do have a life outside of their interactions with the Leaf!)

Lee finds the Sand ninja left explsove tags that create a massive cravasse... So he just gates out and leaps over.

The sand team promptly trap Lee in a genjutsu, and Neji has to dig his arse out, and he and Tenten berate him, before they start duffing up both teams.

(Lee asks how they crossed the chasm and Tenten is like "if you can do it, why would you think we can't?" I mean duh, they probably just USED THE LADDER again, idiot!)

Before Lee can put the final smack-down, Shira begs him to stop, saying is doesn't matter that they disrepcted him, because its his fault and... Proceeds to talk a lot of nonsense that Lee just laps up (and "lucky" Shira Lee hes enough eternal rivals, else he'd just have made himself one) and Shira tries to give his scroll to First Bad Sand Team. The upshot of which is the other Teams refuse, and give them their scrolls and say they gonna get scrolls from other teams.

And, with sad inevitability (and Tentan's exasperation and Neji's wry acceptance (he's come such a long way himself) Lee, despite this being an exam on short time limit, insists on fighting Shira.

(Gotta say Lee, honestly... As funny as you are in your idoicy... I'mma not very conviced you're showing chunin material now. Combat skill is great, but when you say stupid things like accuse the enemy ninja of cheating by not fighting you with taijutsu and rushing off headlong... Bot showing leadership material, dude.)

The Ultimate

And this episode was largely just silly.

Lee and Shira's fight might have been alright, if not for the fact that the silliness of Shira being as good as Lee but entirely self taught goes into overdrive here, with Shira first managing to block Lee's chakra points stopping him from going into the Eight Gates (was, is he Neji now? Yes, I know nerve strikes aren't exlcuively Hyuga, but even so) and then makes his attacks soundless because he's using his chakra to feather the air like owl's wings.

No. No, that is just stupid.

Still, we get a flashback that shows Guy isn't as daft as he looks (I mean, he can't be) as he showed his genin about controlling your enemies moves so you could predict where they were going to strike. Which means Lee needs to have to think (sorta) to win this fight.

Scary.

Lee starts winning again.

I thought the crowning glory would be when Shira unblocks Lee to have a proper battle and uses a magic breathing technqiue that he made up himsellf that is on a par with the Eiuht Gates. And suddenly, this really cool arc is bad fanfiction. Lee ends up going five gates an landing a leaf hurricane that kcisk Shira fracking miles and re-opens those kunai wounds fro before, ending the fight. Shira thanks Lee (they've been going on - and so has Neji, who is just as bad as Lee, just more circumspect about it) about hard work and blahblahblah). Lee reaches down the fron of his spandex and pulls out.. . Another suit, which he offers to Shira.

I...

What.

HOW?

WHY?

Tenten's expression is a masterwork here, and I can only assume if I had a face it would have been making the exact same one.

Shira accepts - I... WHY? - but says this was his last fight, because after these exams, he's going to go up north to join a platoon in very harsh conditions that never leaves his post and he'll be near his sick parents and he'll never see them again. Also, Sen says that Yome is going with him because apparently Yome has a massive crush on him (cue embarrassed hijinks), but takes this apparently revelation she'll never see her childhood friends again in stride.

WHAT.

I mean... Pahahahahahaha! This is so bad fanfic, it's unbeliveable. Hell, it's so utterly ridiculous, I'm not sure it isn't an actual parody. (Of, y'know, Poochie.) Super-awesome Mary-Sue ninja somewhat beyond Lee's level given he is nearly at his level without training from the best taijutsu master the Leaf has to offer (and only a couple of years on Lee) and he is going back to his home planet. I mean, I am reminded of the crack DBZA made at the end of one of the abridged movies "and we will never speak of this again!" With his little girlfriend. Nevermind that the idea of a unit permentantly on station is patently ludicrous and with the Forth Ninja War no doubt making a mockery of this (and they wrote this righ in the middle of it, so the writers know about it)... Ot that he's Gaara's personal taijutsu trainer and just generally far too valuable to waste on a dead-end post.

Yeah, this was a fairly silly trio of episodes that is only just barely to serious for being Rock Lee's Ninja Pals. Barely.

Meanwhile though, we close out with news being brought to Gaara that the Waterfall sent two jonin instead of genin (seriously, how did they expect to get away with this). Gaara uses an even better version of his sand eye to immediately spy on the team. And finds them looking fo Fu. Who suddenly appears in Gaar's line of sight and curiously pokes the sand eye with a twig making it poof. She seems disappointed. (She is... She is just fricking Pinkie Pie, she really is.)

Gaara meanwhile, now twigs she's a jinchuriki. (Why bother to hide this from us, though, we KNOW!)

Next time, Team Eight, and hopefully a return to more like form like the start of this arc.

(Apologies for the no doubt many typos, but it is just a bit too late for me to have the energy to do my usual double check, I'll probably fix them in the morning!) Edit: fixed.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-11-19 at 08:21 AM.

5. - Top - End - #575

The thing with tenten is, she is a potential walking deus ex machina in that as someone who uses sealing as a fundamental part of her arsenal, she can have a scroll with anything you can think of sealed inside it. I bet she could furnish a house (which she also had sealed) just by unleashing a second scroll. And when you think about it logically, why WOULDNT you have pretty much everything on earth you can get your hands on sealed into scrolls if you could do it? You would never be unprepared for an emergency. Illidan himself would be like, "Yup, dudes prepared" And imagine the savings on storage rooms and such when you can just go "Oh im losing the house? /poof sealed my bedroom set, lets go to the next room" Fuinjutsu is just so fracking awesome in its potential.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

The thing with tenten is, she is a potential walking deus ex machina in that as someone who uses sealing as a fundamental part of her arsenal, she can have a scroll with anything you can think of sealed inside it. I bet she could furnish a house (which she also had sealed) just by unleashing a second scroll. And when you think about it logically, why WOULDNT you have pretty much everything on earth you can get your hands on sealed into scrolls if you could do it? You would never be unprepared for an emergency. Illidan himself would be like, "Yup, dudes prepared" And imagine the savings on storage rooms and such when you can just go "Oh im losing the house? /poof sealed my bedroom set, lets go to the next room" Fuinjutsu is just so fracking awesome in its potential.
    yep thats why boruto era has that shinobi gauntlet and kote as go to improvement from tenten's fuinjustu focus we kinda hit it in anime where konohamaru used shadow imitation technique via shinobi gauntlet to capture target and the all mess boruto get his ass in to due his desire to be with his father. as kote part of the series it looks like seal version of shinobi gauntlet which boruto kinda uses with decent profeciency as he saves his team in recent chapters i hope kawaki teaches him few of the advence applications of kote during their friendship bout.
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, and guess what? those Tailed Beasts are only in people because of Fuinjutsu. they're not in there because of some stupid eye or bloodline, its because someone with hard work was able to capture them and seal them inside a vessel that can contain them. sure the capturing them was by a guy who used bloodlines, but its theoretically perfectly possible with any ability if your creative and determined enough.

Konan? you know, the blue haired girl who can turn into paper? Yeah, she can control ink to make her look like anything. her potential really under-utilized, especially with things like Sai's art jutsu and fuinjutsu around. imagine Konan's jutsu combined with Sai's jutsu, combined with fuinjutsu. absolute madness. and Seals can allow someone to artificially mix demon and human chakra or nature chakra in the case of the sage seals, why not use them to find a way to artificially mix two different chakra natures together so that you can do elements normally restricted by bloodlines? there are just so many ways you can just....engineer it all to get something interesting.

like, say you have a water nature person and they wanted to wield wood element jutsu, how would you store a source of earth nature chakra into somebody so that it combines with water nature to make someone who can use wood element jutsu without a bloodline? could you kidnap a person, then seal their soul into someone so that the seal leaks out some chakra to combine them and grant them more chakra reserves? could you make one of those crazy mist swords to gather a certain type of chakra from the environment that you can draw from? could make a sage seal to do so?

does a piece of lumber contain wood chakra? can you seal a stump into a scroll, and use the seal to suck out wood chakra from it into your body to use? given mixing chakra's transformative nature, could you engineer a way to make chakra werebeasts from sage mode? could you examine the structure of a tailed beast, so that you can construct a seal to put chakra that is shaped into a small artificial one?

the odd thing is how the bloodline eyes have similarities to seals: they don't ACT like seals, but there is clearly some significance to their designs, since they keep changing design as they get stronger:
    Spoiler: Boruto spoilers
    Show

given the Otsusuki clan's alien nature, one wonders if the eyes aren't just some highly advanced engineering of chakra. like they somehow figured out how to put seals into their eyes and genetically engineer that into their entire race.

so many questions. yet- no answers.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, and guess what? those Tailed Beasts are only in people because of Fuinjutsu. they're not in there because of some stupid eye or bloodline, its because someone with hard work was able to capture them and seal them inside a vessel that can contain them. sure the capturing them was by a guy who used bloodlines, but its theoretically perfectly possible with any ability if your creative and determined enough.

Konan? you know, the blue haired girl who can turn into paper? Yeah, she can control ink to make her look like anything. her potential really under-utilized, especially with things like Sai's art jutsu and fuinjutsu around. imagine Konan's jutsu combined with Sai's jutsu, combined with fuinjutsu. absolute madness. and Seals can allow someone to artificially mix demon and human chakra or nature chakra in the case of the sage seals, why not use them to find a way to artificially mix two different chakra natures together so that you can do elements normally restricted by bloodlines? there are just so many ways you can just....engineer it all to get something interesting.

like, say you have a water nature person and they wanted to wield wood element jutsu, how would you store a source of earth nature chakra into somebody so that it combines with water nature to make someone who can use wood element jutsu without a bloodline? could you kidnap a person, then seal their soul into someone so that the seal leaks out some chakra to combine them and grant them more chakra reserves? could you make one of those crazy mist swords to gather a certain type of chakra from the environment that you can draw from? could make a sage seal to do so?

does a piece of lumber contain wood chakra? can you seal a stump into a scroll, and use the seal to suck out wood chakra from it into your body to use? given mixing chakra's transformative nature, could you engineer a way to make chakra werebeasts from sage mode? could you examine the structure of a tailed beast, so that you can construct a seal to put chakra that is shaped into a small artificial one?

the odd thing is how the bloodline eyes have similarities to seals: they don't ACT like seals, but there is clearly some significance to their designs, since they keep changing design as they get stronger:
    Spoiler: Boruto spoilers
    Show

given the Otsusuki clan's alien nature, one wonders if the eyes aren't just some highly advanced engineering of chakra. like they somehow figured out how to put seals into their eyes and genetically engineer that into their entire race.

so many questions. yet- no answers.
    and they say orochimaru was lunatic look at this post folks and say its not lunatic enough to crate entire alternative universe.

9. - Top - End - #579

Pfft, forget the tailed beasts, be good enough with seals and you can summon actual freaking GODS to fight on your side. (For a price of course) As for konan, I agree, terribly underpowered considering her actual potential. I mean, a 10 minute long chain of exploding tags is awesome, but exploding tags are BASIC. Just think what else she could become had she included more seal work. Hirashin? Thats seal work, summoning jutsus? Rinnegan aside, thats seal work. Being able to counter and seal away things including amaterasu? SEAL WORK! ARRRGH paper girl was so underutilized. Just like pretty much everything female in the series too be honest. Yeah they might sometimes get a moment or two to shine, but bleh. As one example that never fails to get a laugh out of me, im spoilering it since I cant recall if our favorite lich has seen it yet,
    Spoiler
    Show
    team 7 reunites! Sasuke is back! Sakura is done with staring at the backs of her team mates and she steps up to unleash physical destruction hell on the bad guys, terrifying naruto and clearly making an impression on sasuke. They summon their respective boss summons and then..... sakura stays behind to heal everyone instead of continuing to fight. /head desk. Look, I know that her healing ability combined with katsuyu is a huge deal for keeping the army alive, I do, but its like, "I dont have to look at your backs anymore! Now run off and save the world while I watch your backs some more!"
    Its like the ladies get so close to being awesome only to have it taken away. You know what? Im going back to spoiler because there are two more parts in that scene that demonstrate my point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the rookies are joining in to fight at this point. Its a big old "Hey, dont forget about us, we can kick butt too! You have kiba doing his three headed dog razor disc of death move, shino is creepy bug guy and interesting, then we have hinata who... punches a single monster several hundred times? Then she strikes a cool pose with the energy around her fists. Or we have team ten. "Ok guys, time for an ino shika cho combo attack!" Choji turns into a huge ball of death, shikamaru uses his shadow to fling choji around like a yoyo of death, and ino.... stands there and lets shika see shadow forms of everyone else? Da hek?
    So yeah, female characters get short changed bad in this.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Pfft, forget the tailed beasts, be good enough with seals and you can summon actual freaking GODS to fight on your side. (For a price of course) As for konan, I agree, terribly underpowered considering her actual potential. I mean, a 10 minute long chain of exploding tags is awesome, but exploding tags are BASIC. Just think what else she could become had she included more seal work. Hirashin? Thats seal work, summoning jutsus? Rinnegan aside, thats seal work. Being able to counter and seal away things including amaterasu? SEAL WORK! ARRRGH paper girl was so underutilized. Just like pretty much everything female in the series too be honest. Yeah they might sometimes get a moment or two to shine, but bleh. As one example that never fails to get a laugh out of me, im spoilering it since I cant recall if our favorite lich has seen it yet,
    Spoiler
    Show
    team 7 reunites! Sasuke is back! Sakura is done with staring at the backs of her team mates and she steps up to unleash physical destruction hell on the bad guys, terrifying naruto and clearly making an impression on sasuke. They summon their respective boss summons and then..... sakura stays behind to heal everyone instead of continuing to fight. /head desk. Look, I know that her healing ability combined with katsuyu is a huge deal for keeping the army alive, I do, but its like, "I dont have to look at your backs anymore! Now run off and save the world while I watch your backs some more!"
    Its like the ladies get so close to being awesome only to have it taken away. You know what? Im going back to spoiler because there are two more parts in that scene that demonstrate my point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the rookies are joining in to fight at this point. Its a big old "Hey, dont forget about us, we can kick butt too! You have kiba doing his three headed dog razor disc of death move, shino is creepy bug guy and interesting, then we have hinata who... punches a single monster several hundred times? Then she strikes a cool pose with the energy around her fists. Or we have team ten. "Ok guys, time for an ino shika cho combo attack!" Choji turns into a huge ball of death, shikamaru uses his shadow to fling choji around like a yoyo of death, and ino.... stands there and lets shika see shadow forms of everyone else? Da hek?
    Yeah, we passed that bit a while ago and it was awesome. You forgot about the part where Sakura kicks in the Hundred Hands seal (is it?) and is completely awesome, and then, yes, next moment, she's back on heal-bot duty. On a tactical level Healing All The Everyone At Once is pretty ace, but it would have been nicer to let her contribute in other ways, WHILE Healing All Of The Everyone At Once and going full-on CoDzilla on their arses.

Also, wash your mouth out, Ino has been frickin' BOSS this entire time! She's been doing the most important job of all, single-freaking handedly handling all the communications, without even one of them fancy machines that her Dad had to get a nosebleed using to talk to everyone at once with. She freaking mind-possesed Obito at one point! She's been bloody awesome.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-11-20 at 02:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #581

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Yeah, we passed that bit a while ago and it was awesome. You forgot about the part where Sakura kicks in the Hundred Hands seal (is it?) and is completely awesome, and then, yes, next moment, she's back on heal-bot duty. On a tactical level Healing All The Everyone At Once is pretty ace, but it would have been nicer to let her contribute in other ways, WHILE Healing All Of The Everyone At Once and going full-on CoDzilla on their arses.

Also, wash your mouth out, Ino has been frickin' BOSS this entire time! She's been doing the most important job of all, single-freaking handedly handling all the communications, without even one of them fancy machines that her Dad had to get a nosebleed using to talk to everyone at once with. She freaking mind-possesed Obito at one point! She's been bloody awesome.
    Ok I grant you that about ino, that fell out of my mind for some reason, but you get what I was aiming at with the description of how the ladies of konoha contributed right? Everyone else unleashes hell, tears apart large swathes of bad guys, and in general gets to be badass. The ladies? Less so, or only for that brief moment before retreating to support. Even ino, while I cant deny she showed how strong she is mentally by doing the army linkages, she is still background support more than anything else. She saves courier ninja travel time. Meanwhile her team mate shika is the one actually strategizing on the fly for the entire military while ino relays his orders. She is a glorified megaphone. "HEY EVERYONE! LISTEN UP! THIS IS THE PLAN YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW!"

With sakura, like you said, healing everyone at once IS pretty ace. I will never deny that in its own way it was badass. But its just the timing of it. "I wont stare at your backs anymore! Oh wait, go ahead without me, i will watch your backs some more!" That was funny. Had she skipped the inner monologue about not being left behind it would have come across better. She gets up, craters a dozen monsters in one shot, then says, "Field hospital HERE, everyone who needs healing, grab a slug" Then summoned katsuya and started healing the army, that would have been worthy of a cheer. Thats her showing off how strong and skilled she is. Let naruto and sauke reshape the entire landmass, she can keep everyone alive while they do it. And punch a hole in anyone stupid enough to try something. But thats the problem really, this guy did a terrible job writing his female characters.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    speaking of summoning, whats stopping you from having contracts so you can summon other people? given the feudal nature of the shinobi in this world, you could have a summoning contract for a certain family of ninja, and a lord who signs a contract to summon them to fight when needed. it would be much faster response time than jumping around, and given ninja culture, they should have no qualms about doing this. they're a military, their lices aren't really their own. that and there is no rule about the summons not being able to kill their summoner. Gamabunta gives Naruto a really hard time, and doesn't actually obey him for a day. so really, making contracts for people to sign to summon ninjas would be a win-win for the NINJAS, since if they're a person who can pay or provide a good reason to things for them, sweet instant job. if they are a person who can't, you'll probably just be summoned back by someone else who needs you soon, or it'll just end and you snap right back no problem. if the person tries to fight you, you can kill them because they're probably weaker than if you they are asking for help. and if they're stronger then why did they summon you? unless you got some skill that they do not...

and then there is Hiraishin where it demonstrates that yes, you can teleport yourself to a marked location, and thus be a summoning jutsu in reverse. so in theory you could make it so that you just put one big mark a central ninja location or whatever, and teleport to that from anywhere in the world, because if you can summon a frog from a distant mountain, why not do the same to reverse-summon you to your ninja base, yes? in fact,t he only reason I can think of the Hiraishin being a hard technique to use is in the middle of combat, which is arguably the worst use for FIGURING OUT HOW TO TELEPORT SELF. y'know what you could also use it for? escape route. self-transportation in general. I mean it'll probably take some concentration to use it for some one who isn't super-genius Minato or Tobirama, but its got to be better than actually jumping and running all the way there, right?

and then there is the fact the impure world resurrection is a reincarnation technique and a summoning technique. so you can summon the DEAD as long as you have DNA of the person summoned and a sacrifice. a special talisman must be used to actually control the zombie mind you, and the worst part of this technique is that there are only three ways to counter this technique: remove the soul from the reincarnated body, trick the summoner into ending it, or emotional closure to break free from its influence. and of course Itachi can just break free with some hand signs, so really this jutsu is just a immortality and limitless energy granting jutsu upon people dead that just so happens to be used by people who want to control free-willed tireless immortal zombies. which is insane.

there are so many ways that the Naruto would can just be altered into this insane superhuman magitech society that the Kote is only the scratching the surface of. and like it or not, I can see shinobi cultures willingly sacrificing their worst members of their society to get back their best and brightest geniuses but TIRELESS and constantly regenerating. many of these forbidden techniques seem to be so because the ones who make them are too creeped out by the implications than by the actual danger.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Ok I grant you that about ino, that fell out of my mind for some reason, but you get what I was aiming at with the description of how the ladies of konoha contributed right? Everyone else unleashes hell, tears apart large swathes of bad guys, and in general gets to be badass. The ladies? Less so, or only for that brief moment before retreating to support. Even ino, while I cant deny she showed how strong she is mentally by doing the army linkages, she is still background support more than anything else. She saves courier ninja travel time. Meanwhile her team mate shika is the one actually strategizing on the fly for the entire military while ino relays his orders. She is a glorified megaphone. "HEY EVERYONE! LISTEN UP! THIS IS THE PLAN YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW!"

With sakura, like you said, healing everyone at once IS pretty ace. I will never deny that in its own way it was badass. But its just the timing of it. "I wont stare at your backs anymore! Oh wait, go ahead without me, i will watch your backs some more!" That was funny. Had she skipped the inner monologue about not being left behind it would have come across better. She gets up, craters a dozen monsters in one shot, then says, "Field hospital HERE, everyone who needs healing, grab a slug" Then summoned katsuya and started healing the army, that would have been worthy of a cheer. Thats her showing off how strong and skilled she is. Let naruto and sauke reshape the entire landmass, she can keep everyone alive while they do it. And punch a hole in anyone stupid enough to try something. But thats the problem really, this guy did a terrible job writing his female characters.
    Well... It has been pointed out before, but Naruto is still better than a lot of shonen anime (not that is especially good, mind); and to be fair, though, the contribution of basically anyone outside the Hokages, Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi has all been basically about as good.

Frankly, I would have preferred it if EVERYONE, male, female or small furry creature from Alpha Centauri had gotten more of a chance to shine instead of being basically sidelined by the Dead Guys. (Will of Fire remains Best Naruto Moive because it didn't do that.)

But I do get what you're saying.

Also, and almost ironically kind of on point for this little aside, I will be turning traitor tonight and watching some more of the new She-Ra series on Netflix, 'cos that is fracking excellent...!

14. - Top - End - #584

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Well... It has been pointed out before, but Naruto is still better than a lot of shonen anime (not that is especially good, mind); and to be fair, though, the contribution of basically anyone outside the Hokages, Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi has all been basically about as good.

Frankly, I would have preferred it if EVERYONE, male, female or small furry creature from Alpha Centauri had gotten more of a chance to shine instead of being basically sidelined by the Dead Guys. (Will of Fire remains Best Naruto Moive because it didn't do that.)

But I do get what you're saying.

Also, and almost ironically kind of on point for this little aside, I will be turning traitor tonight and watching some more of the new She-Ra series on Netflix, 'cos that is fracking excellent...!
    I agree its kinda funny how this war almost seemed created specifically to let everyone have a crowning moment of awesome, think original sasuke retrieval arc where they each got to fight the sound ninja. In this case, facing the best of history as undead monsters and finding a way to overcome them. Then I swear like half get taken down because of naruto clones running everywhere. :p As an example, I would have liked to see temari come up with a way to handle that beast of a raikage. Instead everyone there is worfed so naruto can be mr clever clogs and figure it out himself. His big plan was literally something any of them could theoretically have done, not requiring some massive SSS rank forbidden jutsu of DOOOOOOOM or special bloodline skill, just setting up the board so the raikage takes himself out. Which is something temari SHOULD have been able to do as planning was something she showed a lot of even from back in the day during the chunin exam fight with shika. Yes she lost, but she still showed she had a mind behind the huge fan.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Everything in Naruto is about seals (signs), formula, and space / time ninjutsu.

The right "seals" allow you to perform change. Also signs and seals are the same thing from a literal meaning / definition. "They are shortcuts" that allow you to skip complicated steps and compress the steps into a task that can be performed easily.

"Formula" in Naruto are the exact same thing, instead of doing things with your hands in the moment you did it with your writting (aka you did it with your hands earlier). "Formulas" in naruto are just another method of doing a sealing event instead of a "Hand Seal". There is less complexity when you use formulas in battle such as scrolls, just touching someone with your palm like the 4th and 2nd hokage can do, or having your formula on your Kunai. Far less movement, far faster, quicker reaction time.

And since Naruto is a battle manga where reaction time is king the only thing that can beat formula in Naruto is space / time ninjutsu. I am literally teleporting X or Y to achieve my goals.

----

Even Illusion / Reality Warping magic like Izanagi and Izanami bow down to Formula and Space Time Ninjutsu in their battle effectiveness.

---

Is it any surprise that boruto seems to be moving to a combat system where there is even more of these "formula items," these things called (Scientific) Ninja tools?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

A recent one that has been bugging the hell out of me, out of the Boruto anime (please note I have not read the manga, am only up to date on the anime):

Spoiler
    Show
    Kurotsuchi, the fourth Tsuchikage. It was a bit surprising that she got nominated as Kage given that we don't see her do much during the War. However, she should still be a Kage-level fighter.

So what does the Boruto anime do? Have a couple of bad guys attack her in broad daylight in the middle of the village. She is captured and nobody sees it happen. This means they took her down pretty much instantly and silently. And it happens offscreen.

I mean, we're only partway through the arc so I guess we may learn some justification for it, but it's pretty ridiculous on the face of it. Kage are meant to be absolutely top-tier, and presumably our team of Genin are going to be fighting the same group that curb-stomped a Kage. I just don't buy it.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    A recent one that has been bugging the hell out of me, out of the Boruto anime (please note I have not read the manga, am only up to date on the anime):

Spoiler
    Show
    Kurotsuchi, the fourth Tsuchikage. It was a bit surprising that she got nominated as Kage given that we don't see her do much during the War. However, she should still be a Kage-level fighter.

So what does the Boruto anime do? Have a couple of bad guys attack her in broad daylight in the middle of the village. She is captured and nobody sees it happen. This means they took her down pretty much instantly and silently. And it happens offscreen.

I mean, we're only partway through the arc so I guess we may learn some justification for it, but it's pretty ridiculous on the face of it. Kage are meant to be absolutely top-tier, and presumably our team of Genin are going to be fighting the same group that curb-stomped a Kage. I just don't buy it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I agree. I didn't feel the kage capture was at all justified. I mean, okay sure, leaf jounin were defeated by the clay monsters, but that was a straight up brawl and did a lot of damage. The only thing I can think is there is a traitor/spy. That would be plausible given the kage knew nothing of what was going on in her borders and the traitor made their move to capture the earth kingdom.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2018-11-25 at 10:35 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

New Boruto Manga Chapter...and I actually like it !

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    New Boruto Manga Chapter...and I actually like it !
    well we might get the second round of boruto vs kawaki fight in near future but him coming grasps with his life is refreshing. and naruto kinda pulls nice plan as three of the kohanas finest currently protecting kawaki without putting him in to cage. also kawaki helping boruto get a grasp on kama is actualy feels good and we do need bit of hidden potencial unlocked right about time to part 2 of the plot.

20. - Top - End - #590

I still don't like the actual inherent plot they're going for here with Karma and all that.

That being said what the **** why is this chapter so good. Naruto's little comment at the end about friendship being able to change the world is great...though it still reminds me of how terrible Naruto actually ended.

It's such a messed up thing where everything outside of the fact that Naruto is kind of a bad series...it's such a good actual chapter!

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

I still don't like the actual inherent plot they're going for here with Karma and all that.
    Explain , for I am not a mind reader and I can't just punch your fist to know what you are talking about

22. - Top - End - #592

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Explain , for I am not a mind reader and I can't just punch your fist to know what you are talking about
    It feels like a retread of magical garbage eyes and I just don't enjoy the drama they're presenting for it.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

It feels like a retread of magical garbage eyes and I just don't enjoy the drama they're presenting for it.
    I didn't feel like it was anything magical though, it was purely scientific, hence why they had to keep cloning more and more kids, because the majority of them kept dying off from it. It's not magical when everyone can have it. If anything it's more like Orochimaru's curse mark stage 1 and then stage 2. Stage 1 karma is them cloning the kids with it, and then stage 2 is someone actually surviving it. At least that's how I see it. They probably could have kept going after whats-his-name that's with Naruto and his family right now(I suck with names ><), but I imagine they didn't want to risk too many rebellious kids with such awesome power at their fingertips, knowing they wouldn't be able to stop them if they all decided to rebel at once.

Of course, that doesn't explain how that brother or cousin of Kaguya managed to give it to Boruto after their fight, that part may have been "magic" but they can obviously replicate it with science.

24. - Top - End - #594

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I didn't feel like it was anything magical though, it was purely scientific, hence why they had to keep cloning more and more kids, because the majority of them kept dying off from it. It's not magical when everyone can have it. If anything it's more like Orochimaru's curse mark stage 1 and then stage 2. Stage 1 karma is them cloning the kids with it, and then stage 2 is someone actually surviving it. At least that's how I see it. They probably could have kept going after whats-his-name that's with Naruto and his family right now(I suck with names ><), but I imagine they didn't want to risk too many rebellious kids with such awesome power at their fingertips, knowing they wouldn't be able to stop them if they all decided to rebel at once.

Of course, that doesn't explain how that brother or cousin of Kaguya managed to give it to Boruto after their fight, that part may have been "magic" but they can obviously replicate it with science.
    Like I said, it feels like a retread of stuff we've already seen. The curse mark again, Sasuke again, bull**** weirdo powers again. The entire cast beyond Boruto and Kawaki have immediately faded into obscurity and unimportance because, again, it's the rival fight show.

I have low expectations for them doing something different than what Naruto proper did, but this chapter was good enough for me to at least entertain the idea they might surprise me...though given the opening flashforward, I doubt it.

THAT BEING SAID, Kawaki focusing on the super glue and deciding to find the wrecked vase and fix it, is five thousand times more good then Sasuke ever even begun to do on his path to redemption. Kawaki is, at the very least, trying to be an approachable redeemable character.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2018-11-26 at 09:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Troll in the Playground

Like I said, it feels like a retread of stuff we've already seen. The curse mark again, Sasuke again, bull**** weirdo powers again. The entire cast beyond Boruto and Kawaki have immediately faded into obscurity and unimportance because, again, it's the rival fight show.

I have low expectations for them doing something different than what Naruto proper did, but this chapter was good enough for me to at least entertain the idea they might surprise me...though given the opening flashforward, I doubt it.

THAT BEING SAID, Kawaki focusing on the super glue and deciding to find the wrecked vase and fix it, is five thousand times more good then Sasuke ever even begun to do on his path to redemption. Kawaki is, at the very least, trying to be an approachable redeemable character.
    well technically we are having alternative plot line where sasuke stick with team seven and honest fight with naruto rom the start. Only characters are Boruto and Kawaki instead of Sasuke and Naruto. In next few chapters we kinda by pass whole sound four, sasuke retrieval and rest of shipduppen crap by letting Kawaki and Boruto fight for their hearts contend then masked man appears and last part of plot revealed. boruto basicly does what his father want to do from start and force kawaki to make actual friends by accepting his emotions end let go of his past.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

Dang, out of She-Ra.

Time to return to...

Escape vs. Pursuit

In which Team Eight gets their arsed complete embarrased by an edgy kid, a pillock with riduculous hair and flagpole and a morbidly obese guy. (I mean, there's no putting that lightly, the guy - as noted before - makes Chouji look like Ino - if Ino became a particularly skinny Lich. He's like, a couple of meals away from the Blob.)

His attacks are gross too, actually spinning his flab and hawking up a delibitating gas constructed from his own body odour. Ewwwwww.

Kiba manages to competely embarrass himself this episode, with his desparate urge too prove he's better than Naruto (it's... actually rather sad now) and the rampant stupidity of demanding the enemy stand and fight after they sucker Team Eight and grab their scroll off him.

Kiba, you dumbass - YOU'RE A NINJA! Freaking cheating ninja, man(beast)! Don't moan the enemy is cheating - CHEAT HARDER!

*sigh*

I feel a bit sorry, really, this and Kiba's performance at the last major battle is making him look like a really insecure idiot and, much as I'm lukewarm to Kiba out of all the main cast - you're better than that, dude.

Unwavering Gutsiness

And things immediately go souith, because the fat guys uses... his... sweat... to conceal his team's scent. I re-iterate: ewwwwwwwwwwww! Grossssse!

Even Shino's bugs fail, causing Kiba to have heoric bluescreen of death moment, where he unwillingly remembers desparately trying to one-up Naruto.

And, see, this is what I mean about Kiba being better than this. He's actually learned Shadow Clone, apparently all on his lonesome, just by watching Naruto. He isn't good with it, no, but still - that's kind of badass. And so is managing his three-headed wolf jutsu the FIRST TIME. Sure, he only held it for a few seconds, but dude... That's still impressive.

So he insists that they keep on going because that's what Naruto would do, not, wait he means what he will do (and of course Hinata and Shino are "yes, that's what Naruto would do!")

Kiba, actually showing some intelligence for the first time this arc (I mean, come on, he has to, he made chunin, for frack's sake) realises they don't need to track them, just figure out where they're going, just what route to the destination, because there's not that many ways through all the hazards. So off the run, and soon enough Kiba has their scent.

The fat bloke smells them coming (of course he does) and then scatters his sweat around because this is disgusting.

Then, while Kiba realises that they're screwed AGAIN, the other team attacks an Kiba is repeatedly bounced on by the fat bloke. Which, to quote Earthworm Jim, looks to only painful, but remarkable unplesant. Kiba spots something though, and the team fool the other into thinking they're dead with insect clones, and then sneak up on them shorty using a shell of insects - tracking them by the scent of grass stained on Kiba's sleave that fat dude got on him while his was bouncing. (Kiba, of course, like a twallock, explains this to the enemy isntead of, y'know pummelling them...)

But this time, there is a Beat-Down, with Shino... Actually, I'm pretty sure the explosve internal giant beetles exploding out of the summon frickin' killed it (didn't unsummon...) an' they kick the other team's arse, culminating with Kiba's now perfected Three-Headed Wolf.

There, Kiba, see, you...

...And now you ruined it, going on about how it wasn't Naruto that inspired you not to give up, it was all you.

*sigh*

It's just sad, now.

Tenten's Troubles

Yay, Tenten episode! Don't get much better than that!

(Apparently. Chouji, Ino and Sakura are just having a tea party of something this whole part of the exams...)

Lee...

*eyeglow twitch*

*eyeglow twitch*

Did... Did you just call Tenten... conveniant?

CONVENIANT?!

CON-FRACKING-VENIENT?!

You... Cannot... Form... Coherent... Thought... Too.. Much.. RAAAAAAAGE!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Kill! Maim! Destroy!

*sounds of explosions and screams*

Ahem.

So, Tenten, not unreasonably - CONVENIANT indeed! - storms off and Neji is like "I don't know what's wrong." Seriously, dude, WHAT.

Tenten recalls seeing her teammaates to all their extra special crap and is like "Guy-sensei, what can I do to be awesome?"

And he - and I see where Lee gets it from, literally says "well, you're a support ninja and that's cool, and also conveniant!" And Tenten - because Tenten is AWESOME - says "screw that noise, I don't want to be fracking support, I want a horribly overpowered jutsu too!"

In the morning, the run into a rain team of a trio of kunoichi sent by Magic Paper Girl to look for jinchuriki an spy on everyone else.

There's no running from Neji (or, for that matter, in a literal sense from Team Guy), so they get into it. One of the other kunoichi is a tools-user too, and it starts to get really interesting, but then Lee, who is Being The [Richard] this episode - manages to cause a cabe-in in the ruins they're fighting in an Tenten and the other tool-user lass fall down into a pit. Good job, numpty.

To be fair to both teams, the immediately call it off to find their mates (but the Rain nin don't accept Lee's offer of a joint effort.)

Tenten, meanwhile, as she regains consciousness, remembers that ime he made he climb up a cliff and was like "if you don't surpass your physical limiations, you'll fall and die."

And she's like "what the actual f-rack, Guy-sensei?!" And then Kakashi climbs past them, using one arm and of course off Guy goes, because what's more important, the student you just terrified or failing to bat your hip rival?

Asshat.

FINALLY (after calling her convenient one more time, because she brought cups of water in her scroll because Tenten THINKS about crap like that because she's not a smeghead) Guy points out that if she gets her chakra up and gets better with her scrolls and transportation jutsu (that's a thing?) she could, like, summon lakes of water onto people. (Catherine Foundling, one feels, would heartily approve.)

Tenten wakes up, spots the other ninja and her first thought (because she's not an asshat) is to go over and check if she's alright, with water. While the other lass prepares to stab her with a kunai. (Because that'll work, and indeed when you are trapped in a cave-in makes perfect sense to do...)

So what we have learned to today is Team Guy is a bunch of ungrateful asshats who don't realise how good they have it and they don't deserve Tenten, especially Lee. ESPECIALLY Lee. (You married him why, Tenten?)

Asshat.

(Also, mood not improved by discovered the drains have apparently blocked. Yay. Mum and Dad are back from Austraila tomorrow, so that's great, isn't it, to come home to not be able to flush the loo.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-11-27 at 09:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #597

WOOT! Take Two Round Two got updated! Read! Review! Enjoy the Epic!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I liked the setup with them talking first, then fighting while sitting, then finally going full scale. Im glad naruto brought up her people because the way things are shaping up now, this is the final fight but didnt feel like it. Oh im sure for one hidan wouldnt die, but its also easily possible for kaguya to escape in some fashion. But even if naruto DOES win, it leaves the bigger threat to come. No matter how this fight ends everything is ruined. All knowledge of canon events are wrecked, the potential path the story will take is now a total mystery. But at least we got to see a hint of full power naruto.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Got another volume on the way, and the next one is in January (Vol 35); by my reckoning, the series should finish at volume 38 (we're halfway through 32, I think, at this point), so at... some point later this year, I may actually have done! (I imagine there's a fiar chance that I'll actually have caught to to the DVD releases before volume 36 comes around, so you might be spared this blither quite as regularly...!)

The Imprisoned Pair

Tenten does a surprisingly good Naruto on the Rain nin she's trapped with, dryly suggesting that maybe they shouldn't fight down here and then trying to make friends or at least polite conversation. The other kunoichi is not hugely receptive, but reasonable in the end.

And then Giant Ants. Lots of Giant Ants. Tenten's kunai pings off one, so she just summons a massive great axe and splatters it.

Meanwhile, Neji and Lee are failing to find a way into the ruins, but they do spot some Leaf ninja we saw last episode than the Rain girls were avoiding. The Leaf nin scent victory, ad that goes south very fast when Neji and Lee come to help and Neji shows he has no qualms about teaming up WITH the Rain ninja on his fellow Leaf ninja if he has to. The Leaf nin leg it and they let them go.

Tenten and Rain Lass find the giant ant nest and manage to get them chasing them. Fortunately, the two teams converge (Lee is fighting giant ants while the other enter the ruins, Lee having spotted an entrace just before the ants attacked).

Problem - umpteen meters of rock fall between Tentan and the way out. Neji stops the Rain ninja from using an explosive tag, just to use Air Palm - hopng the concentrated blast will work it doesn't (Neji ruefully admits is was nearly as bad as the tag would have been).

Rain Lass meanwhile, summons a giant panda to fight the ants while she basically attempts to seal the rock fall away in to her cards with her transporation jutsu. She begs Tenten to do the same, but Tenten doesn't know how. Tenten is feeling a bit extraneous at this point, but as the other girl flags, she has another flashback, remembering Guy's words about hw she could seal a whole sea if she did it well enough. We see her get soaked several times failing to do so.

The panda goes down and desummons, and with the last of the chakra exhorts Tenten one more time.

Tenten finally says "frack it" gets her scroll out and fracking summons the SEA. Complete with sea life. This certainly gets them out, knobbles the ants and carries both teams off into the desert in a flow of water, because, as previously mentioned, Tenten is fricking awesome.

The two teams elect to part under truce and go their seperate ways.

The Place Where I Belong

New intro...

And we find out - finally - what Sakura, Ino and Chouji have been up to this entire time!

Bickering!

Chouji managed to break their water canteen during a fight (which it is implied they won, getting the their scroll) and Sakura headed them towards an oasis. (Not realising there is a Dan team - with a med-nin - because of course this arc) lurking there.

In the meantime, a giant socrpin attacks again, tis time in the daylight, breaking up the fight. Ino can't hit it with a mind jutsu (would that even have worked...?) Chouji manages to expand and grab two tails and stomp on the thrd... Befire it inexplicably spawns two more for some reason. Just whe I was starting to think it was some sort of genjutsu, Sakura falls out of the sky and pulverisies it.

Ino patches Sakura's hand up and has a long flashback about how she wasn't sure of her place (thing this arc...) and ended up becomign Tsunade's second student. This whole sequence is rather charming, with Sakura and Ino's bickering (and apparently Chouji has a thing for nurses and assumes it's unilateral...) Ino gets an octopus to resurrect (I gues Tsunade was either channellign Madara or just wanted a laugh) and Sakura has to read All Of The Books. While Tsunade clearly uses this all to slack off and have a good snooze, interspersed with some mild genin terrorisation.

Ino ends up even more determined to get stronger and not be left behind, because this arc cannot bludgeon that into our heads quite hard enough...!

New outro, which is a bit meh (I liked the last one a lot, actually), but Madara very cheerfully kicking the crap out of people and being Evil while the rather jaunty, cheerful tune plays kind of drags it up.

The Yamanaka Clan: Secret Ninjutsu

Our heroes run right iunto the Sand medical ninja's team. Sakura recognises her as the one who healed them after that run in with the first scorpion before the second part of the exam. The Sand nin very generously offer to let our heres past to the water if they hand their scrolls over. Else they'll beta them up (and the medical ninja promises to heal them up afterwards).

Ino immediately leps into attack and gets promptly knocked out.

*skullpalm*

Good job, Ino!

The medical ninja can make water preying mantic arms as sharp as chakra scapals, the the other dude can make really hard sand weapons and armour - but it isn't really enough until their other mate turns them invisible.

(And at no point does is occur to miss super smart Sakua to, I dunno, use the copious amounts of sand around to make visible...)

As Sakura and Chouji get kicked about, Ino is conscious and Does A Flashback. Turns out, she was trying to become a sensory ninja as well, but she can't do it without lots of time and concentration. But something Shikamaruy said gave her an idea so...

Huh.

I owe you an apology, Ino - she's been faking the whole time and her warning allows Sakura and Chouji to perfectly counter-attack.

Unforunately, because the medical ninja put magic water jelly fish on them earier (?) they get immediately healed, so that whole plan was just no-sold. Bugger.

So dude three pins Ino down and disrupts her sensory jutsu with a tiger-y thing, and the other pair go back to whaling on Sakura and Chouji.

Inochi, meanwhile is pacing around in front of Tsunade, worried sick because Ino never did master that Clan jutsu he was trying to teach her. But Tsunade says not to worry...

Ino, meanwhile, basically brute-will-power forces telepathy with self-same jutsu, to directly share thoughts between Chouji and Sakura - as the enemy invisiblity fails just as they attack, each can see the other's blind spot and instantly know where to punch.

And down goes medic-nin and sand guy. Teammate three craps himself, and Ino, Sakura and Chouji charge at him.

And then all the ninja are at the oasis, with all three girls patching up the three lads with medical jutsu, because this exam, unlike the previous one, is almost ridiculously civilised. (That said, of course, Sand and Leaf are proper, actual allies and mates now, so maybe this isn't that shocking in the first place.) Chouji flirts to the point of just barely stoppng short of actually hitting on the Sand med-nin lass (she seems amused and takes it in good humour, which makes a change, I suppose), and the two other lads clearly share the sentient that medic ninja are hot. (Apparently.)

Tsunade explains actually... Ino isn't going to be a medic-nin after all. It's useful for her to have the skills, sure, but what is also did was sharpen up her other skills.

Which means, ahahahaha, Ino is actually the character that is trying very hard to do the min-max multiclass build, while everyone else single-classes. Damn shame she's up against people who just have so much better stats than her, else she would blow 'em out of the water eventually...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-12-02 at 08:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #599

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

They fight and it's...silly. Showing friendliness made the rabbit demon alien inside Boruto get mad. The frog enemy is...not actually doing anything, so Delta is showing up with her ROBOT BACK and ROCKET LEGS to cause problems, which is...such a mistake on her part.

And that's about it. Not bad, but not great. Also next chapter comes out on my birthday. Thanks...I guess.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    well technically we are having an alternative plotline where Sasuke stick with team seven and honest fight with Naruto from the start. Only characters are Boruto and Kawaki instead of Sasuke and Naruto. In the next few chapters, we kinda bypass whole sound four, Sasuke retrieval and rest of shipduppen crap by letting Kawaki and Boruto fight for their heart's content then masked man appears and last part of plot revealed. boruto basically does what his father wants to do from start and force kawaki to make actual friends by accepting his emotions end let go of his past.
    well I said so in my quoted post they have an honest fight in this chapter and boruto learns a bit of info about kama seal and interesting thing in the quoted post I put Kajin koji as the core trouble maker but his teammate delta gonna be a reason to boruto and kawaki to learn the benefits of teamwork and for Kajin koji he has some decent questions to ask for himself as his and boruto's kama seals react to ootsuki ghost, all in all, it was an interesting chapter and I was on the ball on what's next on the plot.