New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Spoiler
    Show
    So first we get jutsu-replicating tech, and now ninja drugs. Yay, progress?

Yes, the message was not very subtle there. Cool people don't cheat Boruto. He should be like his dad, and get tricked into stealing a scroll from the hokage to learn a forbidden technique. Kids these days.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: minor movie spoiler
    Show

Wasn't there a moment with Naruto and Sasuke going Susanoo's Kurama on these guys?

Spoiler
    Show

Not much to say... obvious metaphor is obvious. Fight really doesn't work too well on the page. At least others also get to do stuff, even if it is just saving people.
    About how much of a threat these guys are... eh, I'm not that concerned. Yeah, Kaguya was a goddess who should have crushed naruto and Sasuke, but then there was also Madara who was a super powerful immortal ninja zombie.

Regarding Shikamaru... see, I really like the guy. He is fun most of the time. BUT I've grown to have a serious issue with "super smart" people, like IQ over 200, or even more ridiculous claims. Shikamaru being smart is cool but such idiotic remarks.. is 150 not good enough? Something in the realm of "still makes sense"? And Shika is even worse with his "lazy genius" archetype which is aggravating when people start to claim they are just the same which is why they fail at school. Sure you are, kid, sure you are
    (I just to like him much more when I was a kid...)
    Also... Kishi, you probably don't have an IQ beyond... I'll say 130, not to offend anyone. How do you write a person with an IQ over 200?
    Last edited by Kato; 2016-09-09 at 11:10 AM.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler: minor movie spoiler
    Show

Wasn't there a moment with Naruto and Sasuke going Susanoo's Kurama on these guys?
    Spoiler: Boruto the Movie Spoiler, do not read if you are going to read the manga and have not seen the movie
    Show
    Yes Naruto and Sasuke combine their Kurama and the Susanoo multiple times. One for defensive purposes to protect the main Naruto while he pulled a Tsunade and tried to protect the villagers since the villagers would all die if he unleashed his true power. The second time to defeat peach boy Momoshiki when he became more of a demon. They defeat him but peach boy is eventually revived due the ninja tool guys getting involved.

Note if we were trying to gauge the relative power levels of Momoshiki based off feats, combining Kurama and a Perfect Susanoo was something Madara did at the Valley of the End (Vote). Aka live Madara with EMS prior to Rinnegan. Momoshikai also showed some offensive feats similar to EMS Madara prior to them reviving the 4 hokages and prior to the Ten Tails when Kabuto showed off his trump card. Momoshikai displayed no real defensive abilities besides his preta / hungry ghost ninjutsu absorption.

In theory this puts him roughly on the level of the 1st hokage during life / Madara with EMS during life / Madara during death with the Rinnegan. Note his true power can be far beyond this, I am assuming the weakest similar ability since we are trying to judge his power based off feats. It is far below anything as the Ten Tail jinchūriki such as Obito, Madara, Kaguya, etc who just flat out ignore ninjutsu unless it was sage based.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2016-09-09 at 11:53 AM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

The anime is close to finishing the manga now. They are at episode 475 of shippuden and they are at the talking phase of the story before Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End.

Part of me just stopped caring long ago so I will probably not watch it. If you are curious when I stopped watch the anime, it was the disaster which was Naruto Shippuden 167 where Pain fights the 8 Tails and it turns into Looney Tunes, the animation was just so bad)

Note supposedly there was a previous Naruto vs Sasuke fight in episode 450 that happened in the infinite tsukuyomi where Naruto tries to get Sasuke to return to the hidden leaf after Sasuke kills Orochimaru.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    The anime is close to finishing the manga now. They are at episode 475 of shippuden and they are at the talking phase of the story before Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End.

Part of me just stopped caring long ago so I will probably not watch it. If you are curious when I stopped watch the anime, it was the disaster which was Naruto Shippuden 167 where Pain fights the 8 Tails and it turns into Looney Tunes, the animation was just so bad)

Note supposedly there was a previous Naruto vs Sasuke fight in episode 450 that happened in the infinite tsukuyomi where Naruto tries to get Sasuke to return to the hidden leaf after Sasuke kills Orochimaru.
    Thanks for reminding me, I just binge watched the kaguya battle and its conclusion. Dat ending though!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This one day war may have dragged on forever, but naruto and his goodbye to his dad? Oh man the FEELS! There was just so much emotion involved in that. The sorrow of his dad leaving, his race to say everything he could to pass on to his mom, the humor of his exagerations about just how good a boy he was to kakashi and the old man, heh. It was freaking perfect. Next up I will catch the other episodes already released. Maybe the final battle between him and sasuke as it looks like one is there.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #126

Finally got to watch the final naruto/sasuke battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn its amazing how these two can weaponize nature itself and use lightning bolts and nukes to assault each other and all I can think is how cool it all looks, but when they are exhausted and just mindlessly punching each other it feels uncomfortably real somehow. That one part where sasuke got on top of naruto and just punched, and punched, and punched, and you saw narutos arms dropping as he was being beaten to death right there was just... dang. Once he got sasuke off him and they went back to slugging each other it got less uncomfortable and more a great scene of how both of them were going to their limits and beyond to end the fight. I got to watch the video right up till they had their final clash, I hope to see the aftermath soon.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Finally got to watch the final naruto/sasuke battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn its amazing how these two can weaponize nature itself and use lightning bolts and nukes to assault each other and all I can think is how cool it all looks, but when they are exhausted and just mindlessly punching each other it feels uncomfortably real somehow. That one part where sasuke got on top of naruto and just punched, and punched, and punched, and you saw narutos arms dropping as he was being beaten to death right there was just... dang. Once he got sasuke off him and they went back to slugging each other it got less uncomfortable and more a great scene of how both of them were going to their limits and beyond to end the fight. I got to watch the video right up till they had their final clash, I hope to see the aftermath soon.
    I honestly wish the end fight was just that second half of things. Bring us back to the reality that the Zabuza arc threw at us.

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I honestly wish the end fight was just that second half of things. Bring us back to the reality that the Zabuza arc threw at us.
    I actually really enjoyed it. Even at its extreme peak they managed to run the battle as a constant flashback of the path that lead them to here. Their constant battles as children, then as ninjas, all of it. Also I liked one part of the pre fight argument.
    Spoiler
    Show
    when sasuke is doing his whole, "I will do it all alone because im so awesome and able to stand being hated like a true kage should be" Naruto was basically like, "Yeah? So you were able to beat kaguya alone then?" And sasuke didnt really have a counter to that point. The funny thing is, even knowing sasuke is wrong, I could see his argument. The 5 nations only united because of obito and his world wide threat. There is nothing but hope that says they wouldnt quickly fall back apart without an outside threat keeping them united. MAYBE naruto could act as a beacon to keep them united. But naruto wont live forever. Meanwhile sasuke is already examining his options to do just that.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Watched the anime Naruto vs Sasuke fight and was disapointed

Spoiler
    Show
    Good Naruto fights are ones that involved A, B, or both

A) The fight is one that involve strategy, you can't win the fight just based off strength or even good tactics. No you have to think of the fight as a multi layer process. Often such fights involve some form of misdirection or surprise to keep the suspense going.

See Team 7 vs Zabuza, Team Asuma with Kakashi vs Hidan and Kakuzu (the zombie twins), Naruto vs Pain etc

B) There is some form of emotional theme about the fight that you can keep up for 10 to 15 minutes or at most 5 chapters in the manga but preferably 3.

See Naruto vs Neji, Kakashi vs Obito, etc

But you have to be very picky with part B for the emotion has to be fresh, intense, and not done before. After 700 chapters of naruto, and how ever many anime episodes you were able to sit through Part B was just missing from the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, we done this before, this is nothing new, etc.

-----

And combine with an overspent audience whose emotions are not intense anymore, an uninspiring fight that suddenly now is all Naruto Megazord vs Sasuke Megazord and the thing just becomes boring. It is like watching a boxing match in slow motion, once you already know who is the victor, but are forced to watch the fight in slow motion anyway as if you were watching a train going down a path knowing there is going to be a train wreck and you can see where it is going to derail.

It is just MEHHHH

Ironically as much as I can complain about Naruto and how it took forever and the series should have ended earlier and was more tight with its wrap up. A naruto spin off does not have these problems. New cast, new characters, new stories, all the new stuff is able to reignite the heart and the ability to be surprised once again.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Watched the anime Naruto vs Sasuke fight and was disapointed

Spoiler
    Show
    Good Naruto fights are ones that involved A, B, or both

A) The fight is one that involve strategy, you can't win the fight just based off strength or even good tactics. No you have to think of the fight as a multi layer process. Often such fights involve some form of misdirection or surprise to keep the suspense going.

See Team 7 vs Zabuza, Team Asuma with Kakashi vs Hidan and Kakuzu (the zombie twins), Naruto vs Pain etc

B) There is some form of emotional theme about the fight that you can keep up for 10 to 15 minutes or at most 5 chapters in the manga but preferably 3.

See Naruto vs Neji, Kakashi vs Obito, etc

But you have to be very picky with part B for the emotion has to be fresh, intense, and not done before. After 700 chapters of naruto, and how ever many anime episodes you were able to sit through Part B was just missing from the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, we done this before, this is nothing new, etc.

-----

And combine with an overspent audience whose emotions are not intense anymore, an uninspiring fight that suddenly now is all Naruto Megazord vs Sasuke Megazord and the thing just becomes boring. It is like watching a boxing match in slow motion, once you already know who is the victor, but are forced to watch the fight in slow motion anyway as if you were watching a train going down a path knowing there is going to be a train wreck and you can see where it is going to derail.

It is just MEHHHH

Ironically as much as I can complain about Naruto and how it took forever and the series should have ended earlier and was more tight with its wrap up. A naruto spin off does not have these problems. New cast, new characters, new stories, all the new stuff is able to reignite the heart and the ability to be surprised once again.
    Too be fair,
    Spoiler
    Show
    the megazord portion of the battle is only like half of the actual fight. And I agree, its really the more boring part. The whole ultimate lightning susanoo looked stupid as hell and aside from no selling kyubbi attacks, didnt really do anything to live up to its brief hype. The real battle was the follow up. Both are exhausted, trying to fight with what bare flickers of energy they have left, and its a battle of wills, not of skills. Who is going to stay down and admit defeat first. Like I said, that one scene where sasuke is literally punching naruto to death, and you can see his arms dropping as he loses consciousness was actually disturbing to watch. Its one thing to have a single instant win attack to kill a guy, but that was a methodical beating and it was hard to watch until naruto reversed it.

And yes, we all knew more or less how it was going to end, it was practically announced as soon as the slugging match started. Thats how he wins like, half his fights. By refusing to stop getting up. Even to the point of his garra battle and dragging himself over to garra because he CANT stand but refusing to stop. But you can say that about the final fight of just about any series of its type, the real measure is if it drags you in and makes you feel the drama despite irl knowing how this has to go. I think it did a fairly good job of it because right up until the last blow was struck, I wasnt sure when the last blow would be.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I'm guessing it just came out recently, Boruto Chapter 6 is up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Boruto realizes his dad isn't quite as awful as he made him out to be, and has always had his best interests at heart, and also that his dad is willing to sacrifice himself for the village(which more or less happens). The bad guys kidnap Naruto and take him to an undisclosed location, I'm assuming in order to extra Kurama. All 5 Kage unite in order to get him back, showing that the Ninja alliance isn't just for show, they legitimately care about each other, which is cool. I wonder if this is the end for Naruto, since the first issue makes it appear as though he's dead(though he could also just be missing/prisoner, probably won't find out for a while).

Is it my imagination or is Boruto a missing-nin now? Sasuke gave him his headband back, but it's got a scratch going through the Konoha symbol, which usually indicates a missing-nin. I imagine the village(or Naruto) will reverse it eventually, sooner if this rescue is successful.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I'm guessing it just came out recently, Boruto Chapter 6 is up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Boruto realizes his dad isn't quite as awful as he made him out to be, and has always had his best interests at heart, and also that his dad is willing to sacrifice himself for the village(which more or less happens). The bad guys kidnap Naruto and take him to an undisclosed location, I'm assuming in order to extra Kurama. All 5 Kage unite in order to get him back, showing that the Ninja alliance isn't just for show, they legitimately care about each other, which is cool. I wonder if this is the end for Naruto, since the first issue makes it appear as though he's dead(though he could also just be missing/prisoner, probably won't find out for a while).

Is it my imagination or is Boruto a missing-nin now? Sasuke gave him his headband back, but it's got a scratch going through the Konoha symbol, which usually indicates a missing-nin. I imagine the village(or Naruto) will reverse it eventually, sooner if this rescue is successful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not a missing-nin in terms of being a wanted fugitive or village traitor I think? It seems that you can have your headband removed for doing something disgraceful, but Sasuke gave him the crossed-out protector to symbolize...um. That he has to regain his worthiness? I guess.

Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

13. - Top - End - #133

This chapter had some really good moments, some really good moments that made me think of hilarious jokes, and then just got really ****ty at the end.

Spoiler
    Show
    The good: Boruto finally realizes he's a stuck up prick who doesn't know how good he has it or how hard his Dad works. Yeah Naruto's still an awful Dad but he tries, he really does.

The funny: Sasuke basically ****ting on Boruto for being a loser, and then basically outright saying that Boruto is his and Naruto's kid because he's Naruto's son, trained by Sasuke. Congrats shippers it's canon, Sasuke thinks of him as a son, sorta.

The awful: We don't give a **** about any of these Kage's beyond the wu tang clan member and Gaara. Why is Boruto going with him? Why is Hinata NOT going with them? Why can't Hinata do ANYTHING in the plot? She LITERALLY DIED FOR HIM once, why can't she have super god powers. WHY IS BORUTO COMING WITH THEM?!

Anyway I do also like the headband symbolism. He's not a real shinobi anymore, so he carries a marked headband to show that he still has the spirit of one, even if they removed the rank.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

This chapter had some really good moments, some really good moments that made me think of hilarious jokes, and then just got really ****ty at the end.

Spoiler
    Show
    The awful: We don't give a **** about any of these Kage's beyond the wu tang clan member and Gaara. Why is Boruto going with him? Why is Hinata NOT going with them? Why can't Hinata do ANYTHING in the plot? She LITERALLY DIED FOR HIM once, why can't she have super god powers. WHY IS BORUTO COMING WITH THEM?!

Spoiler
    Show
    I think the Kages are honor bound to help save the Hokage since he did get abducted at an event they were attending. Having them do nothing would be worse, I think. And the perpetrators are clearly around Kage threat level so sending subordinates probably wouldn't do much.

Sakura explained that Hinata did try, but off screen, and was hospitalized as a result. Presumably she's still injured. She's also suffering from "sorry you're not the main character" syndrome which I admit is unfortunate considering what we know she's capable of. I'd read a spin-off with her as the main character.

Similarly Boruto coming along is an opportunity to redeem himself after cheating his exam and spending basically the whole manga being sore at his dad. Sasuke's judgment in allowing this is questionable by any reasonable standard, but young people taking on dangerous quests seems to be normal in ninja land. Sasuke didn't exactly have the most normal childhood experience, mind.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I think that is a good summation of Naruto as a franchise.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

What happened

Spoiler: Chapter 6
    Show

Boruto is wearing Naruto's old coat, and Sasuke's old headband that has the Konoha symbol crossed out from Naruto vs Sasuke from the 1st battle of valley of the end.

Sasuke removed his old headband from within his old cloak, so he seems to keep his old headband on him as a souvenir.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2016-10-21 at 09:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

so around one or two chapters we start the story properly since we are nearing father son rasengan this means we are near the end of movie oh for the white text check its just not to spoiler the eventual ending

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    I think that is a good summation of Naruto as a franchise.
    Agreed. Again, I'm amazed how they considered of all the people to take along they pick Boruto And I agree with Zodiac's complaint about Hinata still being useless... even if we should be used to it right now.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

19. - Top - End - #139

Is the anime over now? Everybody punched the right people and everything seems resolved (through punches), but there was still a weird prequel type episode last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Agreed. Again, I'm amazed how they considered of all the people to take along they pick Boruto And I agree with Zodiac's complaint about Hinata still being useless... even if we should be used to it right now.
    So that they can have the whole "Twin Rasengan" thing or the eventual "FIRE Release Rasgengan! combining with "WIND Release Rasengan!" thing.

Also I think Hinata is getting left behind cause her powers just aren't cool enough to show off. "I slap people in their hidden chakra points" isn't exactly a spectacle fight :P

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure I get people's issue with Hinata here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These guys took the Hachibi from Killer B, beat down Naruto and Sasuke(granted, only because they were in a crowded stadium), and have showed an amazing amount of power. Hinata TRIED(off-panel) to stop them from taking Naruto. Why would she try again while she's already injured from the previous fight, and shown quite clearly(because unlike Naruto, I fully imagine Hinata could go all out without fear of hurting people as she has no massive AoE type attacks) that she couldn't take them on.

And if your argument is "Why does she suck so much" I refer you back to "They took down Killer B while he was in full Oxtopus mode". Hinata is strong, but she's not 8-tailed Bijuu strong. Claiming she's weak/suck because she can't compete with an 8-tailed beast made out of pure chakra is nuts.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2016-10-24 at 06:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    So that they can have the whole "Twin Rasengan" thing or the eventual "FIRE Release Rasgengan! combining with "WIND Release Rasengan!" thing.

Also I think Hinata is getting left behind cause her powers just aren't cool enough to show off. "I slap people in their hidden chakra points" isn't exactly a spectacle fight :P
    I haven't seen the movie so I don't really know what allthis means but it's literally JUST the Father-Son Kamehameha from Dragonball Z isn't it?

I'm not sure I get people's issue with Hinata here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These guys took the Hachibi from Killer B, beat down Naruto and Sasuke(granted, only because they were in a crowded stadium), and have showed an amazing amount of power. Hinata TRIED(off-panel) to stop them from taking Naruto. Why would she try again while she's already injured from the previous fight, and shown quite clearly(because unlike Naruto, I fully imagine Hinata could go all out without fear of hurting people as she has no massive AoE type attacks) that she couldn't take them on.

And if your argument is "Why does she suck so much" I refer you back to "They took down Killer B while he was in full Oxtopus mode". Hinata is strong, but she's not 8-tailed Bijuu strong. Claiming she's weak/suck because she can't compete with an 8-tailed beast made out of pure chakra is nuts.
    Still a better fighter than a literal 12 year old. Also we'd like Hinata to do SOMETHING, for once.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't seen the movie so I don't really know what allthis means but it's literally JUST the Father-Son Kamehameha from Dragonball Z isn't it?

Still a better fighter than a literal 12 year old. Also we'd like Hinata to do SOMETHING, for once.
    She had her moment in the movie though, right? I haven't seen it, but I've heard a fair amount about it, and she gets her eyes upgraded and everything iirc. I think at this point, that's probably the best we can hope for. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a serious threat come around that Naruto and Sasuke can't handle, but somehow Hinata breaks out her beat stick and wipes the floor with them, but that's fairly unlikely I imagine.

24. - Top - End - #144

She had her moment in the movie though, right? I haven't seen it, but I've heard a fair amount about it, and she gets her eyes upgraded and everything iirc. I think at this point, that's probably the best we can hope for. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a serious threat come around that Naruto and Sasuke can't handle, but somehow Hinata breaks out her beat stick and wipes the floor with them, but that's fairly unlikely I imagine.
    Ask me how much I care about a movie about Kaguya's uncle showing up and just kinda sassing Naruto and him finally realizing he loves Hinata.

If it's not in the manga I don't really care, especially because it's Naruto. Hinata is an extremely under utilized character who's main fighting style and power involve ROTATIONS. I wonder what Naruto could possibly benefit from, learning from the Hyuga's. I wonder what special signature technique might be cool to combine with Hyuga style ninjutsu techniques. Hmm.

IF this DOES happen in the movie do tell, but yeah no I don't know jack all about that movie. It was a ****ing epilogue to the manga in movie form and that's kind of annoying that we didn't get it in manga if it's THAT important.

Also for you playing at home, this is the FIRST plot important movie. The second one is literally the first arc of the Boruto manga which we're reading right now, which I don't THINK Starwulf is referring to, but they might be.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-10-25 at 02:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

actualy yes its basicly father son kamehameha with only thing changed is setting instead of kamehamaha we have rasengan

26. - Top - End - #146

The real problem is, Hinata CANT really get on that level. It has been VERY thoroughly established that naruto and sasuke are pretty much on an entirely different level as ninja than everyone else. They have so many boosts power ups and upgrades that it would take an entire movie devoted to just boosting hinata in various ways to even make it reasonable for her to kick ass against anything that wasnt specifically designed to counter both naruto and sasuke, and JUST naruto and sasuke. Something like, His energy causes people who use sage mode or the sharingan to explode. "Dont worry honey, your loving wife has got this."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah at this point, Naruto and Sasuke, like Goku and Vegeta before them, and doubtlessly many wuxia protagonists and their rivals before them, have gotten to the "Too Powerful For This To Be Fun Anymore" Stage of their fighting skills. That point where their powers have essentially peaked, where there is almost no one in the world that can match them aside from each other for any fight to be worth it from "I like the rush and art of fighting" perspective, and any improvement that they can possibly make will be marginal at best.

Classical wuxia would simply let this play out tragically. With no more peaks to climb, they would pass on their techniques to the next generation as teachers or something, then they would meet one final time to fight each other once and for all, and they would both die, their skills still matching even in death and their legend spoken of forever.

Unfortunately, protagonists don't die in shonen-focused anime. Thus eventually they are renewed, thus eventually they must face a stronger opponent for these two people only. For if a WEAKER foe surfaced, people would ask "why won't Naruto and Sasuke just take care of it easily?" and regard all the other heroes fighting as pointless when they can just call Naruto to take care of it in an instant.

I guess the alternative is that you could simply say they get rusty from peace being so prevalent and thus don't maintain what their skills were at their peak and that things like Kaguya were some weird exceptional circumstance that will never happen again and no one will ever be as powerful as that again....but a big part of this sort of thing is a raising of the stakes. for some reason in human psychology, we want our heroes to face bigger and more powerful foes than they ever faced before. Thus we get whatever newer more powerful foe to face. Sun Wukong himself only stopped when he faced the Buddha and lost, if I remember correctly.

The other extreme of this kind of wuxia skill equation is someone like Ash Ketchum, where he never progresses because another wuxia concept is that There Is Always Someone Better. the idea being that no matter how hard he trains, he is going to find someone that will beat him simply because the world is a big place and full of people who have been doing this longer and better than him and that he always has more to learn, to keep the protagonist humble and his journeys on the same level they've always been. However this makes sure that anyone can fight well, because its all the same level of power. It worked too well in fact- Ash is widely regarded as a loser while people are fans of pretty much everyone else. No one ever complains about May or Misty not being able to kick ass.

So.....you want Hinata to be good? then you'd have to skill cap all this at some point where you reasonably expect Naruto and Sasuke to find foes who won't kill them yet will be able to beat them to prove that they always have more to learn and thus humble them while Hinata room to beat other foes that can beat Naruto's styles of fighting, and doing at a point where you can reasonably expect them to have a consistent amount of adventures and foes to face without it being ridiculous end of the world plots.

The problem with that being, that point would be somewhere near the beginning of Naruto Shippuden before Naruto started getting Sage Chakra, accessing Nine Tales, his own past life powers from his reincarnating soul and so on. just like how if you wanted to truly make cap off DBZ to make it a more consistent adventure of the week show where everyone can kick ass, you'd probably stop the power creep at Super Saiyan and don't allow anybody to go beyond that.

TL;DR: As long power creep exists, only Naruto and Sasuke will ever be useful.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

I think actually we get introduced new enemies by virtue of introducing new dimensions so if kishimoto wants he can continue the story with out making bolt main focus

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

If it's not in the manga I don't really care, especially because it's Naruto. Hinata is an extremely under utilized character who's main fighting style and power involve ROTATIONS. I wonder what Naruto could possibly benefit from, learning from the Hyuga's. I wonder what special signature technique might be cool to combine with Hyuga style ninjutsu techniques. Hmm.
    Not what you're thinking of, but Sage Mode is actually a better combination with Jyuuken. If you remember, gentle fists disrupts chakra flow by injecting your own chakra into their body. You know what happens when people with non-sage-level chakra control gets sage chakra, right? And do note that having the rinnegan does not automatically make you good at controlling chakra, as evidenced with Pein's usage of clones.

Simply put, Hinata still hasn't reached her limit as far as hax goes. If only Naruto bothered training her sage mode...
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

30. - Top - End - #150

There is actually an interesting older fanfic that works with the whole, "Gee, I wonder what rotations could be used for to help naruto" concept called Nine Tails Fury. Its all pre ninja war stuff before the idea of teaming with kurama (or that his name was kurama) came out. Shenanigans happen after the pein fight, and on a mission where he sees hinata get hurt he unleashes an ungodly amount of 9 tail energy but remains in control. When they are brought back its discovered there is a link between them. After spending a few days together they start working on each others skill set. The main topic of the story is naruto claiming he has like 5-6 different ways to shut the hyugga clan down completely due to their stupidity in having one style and nothing else to rely on. It ends with anruto and hinata facing pretty much everyone in a battle royale to demonstrate just how strong they are together. Its a lot of fun, you should read it.