Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Regulars As Subclasses

Quote Originally Posted by Ralanr View Post
    I'm starting to regret not interacting much for the past month...
    Didn't you already get a primal path from Submortimer last year? We should dig that out.

And thank you Shining! Sometimes I go days without saying anything that isn't sarcastic... I even sent flowers with sarcastic messages to all my penpals this valentine's!

Edit: here they are.

SharkForce - Path of the Fin
    Easy_Lee - Way of the Relaxed Fist
    Ralanr - Path of Iron

You know, Submortimer probably deserves a subclass, too...
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2016-02-20 at 04:57 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig, MHP

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Roguish Archetype: Clockwork Sniper
    A subclass for Steampunkette

Bonus Proficiencies. When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you gain proficiency in renaissance-era firearms as described on page 268 of the DMG.

Dabbling Machinist. Also at 3rd level, you gain proficiency with tinker's tools. Using those tools, you can spend 1 hour and 25gp worth of materials to construct a tiny clockwork device (AC 5, 1 HP). The device ceases to function after 24 hours (unless you spend 1 hour repairing it to keep the device functioning), or when you use your action to dismantle it; at that time, you can reclaim the materials used to create it. You can have up to three such devices active at a time.
    When you create a device, choose one of the following options:
    Pocketwatch. The device tells the time in hours and minutes.
    Timer. The device can be set to a time from 1 minute to 1 hour, in 1 minute increments. You can then use an action to activate it, from which point it counts down towards zero. The device gives no outward indication that it is counting except for a faint tick (DC 20 Wisdom (Perception) check to hear if you are within 10 feet). When it reaches zero, it either rings a bell, creating noise, or strikes a flint, creating sparks.
    Music Box. When opened, this music box plays a song at a volume of your choosing. The box stops playing when it reaches the song’s end or when it is closed. You can fit the music box with up to three different songs, which can be selected by changing a setting on the box.

Robotic Enhancement. At 9th level, you can spend 8 hours using your tinker's tools to create a mechanical enhancement that can be worn by a humanoid. You can benefit from the device yourself or give it to another creature. A creature gains a benefit determined by the type of enhancement as long as it wears the device. When you create the enhancement, choose from the following options:
    Darkvision Goggles. You have darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision, wearing the goggles increases its range by 60 feet.
    Electrified Glove. Your unarmed strikes deal 1d6 lightning damage. You can hold other items in the gloved hand as normal.
    Eye Lenses. You have advantage on Intelligence (Investigation) checks to discern details within 1 foot.
    Shock-Absorbing Crampons. Your jumping distance is doubled, and if you take falling damage, the damage is halved and you always land on your feet.
    You can only maintain one of these devices at a time, so if you create a new mechanical enhancement, the previous one ceases to function. If you dismantle and re-assemble your enhancement, you need only 4 hours to convert it into a different type of device.

Use Mechanical Device. By 13th level, you have learned enough about the workings of machines that you can improvise the use of a device even if you have never seen it before. If you take an action to examine an unfamiliar mechanical device, you learn all of its properties, how to operate it and how much fuel it has, if any. You learn whether or not it is in working condition, how to repair it if it is broken, and how to sabotage it if it is working. You also learn where, when and by whom it was made.

Chewed Shot. When you reach 17th level, you develop techniques for modifying your bullets so that they inflict maximum damage. When you make an attack with a firearm against a creature that is not a construct or undead, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, it is a critical hit. If you have the Sharpshooter feat, you may use either or both on the same shot.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2016-02-20 at 07:52 AM.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Freaking Epic.

But now I have to roll up another Rogue! Hubby is gonna kill me... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Not everyone has the resources or the ability to become a wizard or a sorcerer, after all. Warlocking just requires a pact, very democratic, really. Doesn't require wealth or a magical lineage, just a promise, and all of your problems will go away.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

So, I just got a PM from khadgar567, giving permission for us to make a class and suggesting that a warlock patron might be appropriate. I hate warlocks so I was wondering if someone else wanted to take this one?

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Spoiler: Clockwork Sniper
    Show
    A subclass for Steampunkette

Bonus Proficiencies. When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you gain proficiency in renaissance-era firearms as described on page 268 of the DMG.

Dabbling Machinist. Also at 3rd level, you gain proficiency with tinker's tools. Using those tools, you can spend 1 hour and 25gp worth of materials to construct a tiny clockwork device (AC 5, 1 HP). The device ceases to function after 24 hours (unless you spend 1 hour repairing it to keep the device functioning), or when you use your action to dismantle it; at that time, you can reclaim the materials used to create it. You can have up to three such devices active at a time.
    When you create a device, choose one of the following options:
    Pocketwatch. The device tells the time in hours and minutes.
    Timer. The device can be set to a time from 1 minute to 1 hour, in 1 minute increments. You can then use an action to activate it, from which point it counts down towards zero. The device gives no outward indication that it is counting except for a faint tick (DC 20 Wisdom (Perception) check to hear if you are within 10 feet). When it reaches zero, it either rings a bell, creating noise, or strikes a flint, creating sparks.
    Music Box. When opened, this music box plays a song at a volume of your choosing. The box stops playing when it reaches the song’s end or when it is closed. You can fit the music box with up to three different songs, which can be selected by changing a setting on the box.

Robotic Enhancement. At 9th level, you can spend 8 hours using your tinker's tools to create a mechanical enhancement that can be worn by a humanoid. You can benefit from the device yourself or give it to another creature. A creature gains a benefit determined by the type of enhancement as long as it wears the device. When you create the enhancement, choose from the following options:
    Darkvision Goggles. You have darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision, wearing the goggles increases its range by 60 feet.
    Electrified Glove. Your unarmed strikes deal 1d6 lightning damage. You can hold other items in the gloved hand as normal.
    Eye Lenses. You have advantage on Intelligence (Investigation) checks to discern details within 1 foot.
    Shock-Absorbing Crampons. Your jumping distance is doubled, and if you take falling damage, the damage is halved and you always land on your feet.
    You can only maintain one of these devices at a time, so if you create a new mechanical enhancement, the previous one ceases to function. If you dismantle and re-assemble your enhancement, you need only 4 hours to convert it into a different type of device.

Use Mechanical Device. By 13th level, you have learned enough about the workings of machines that you can improvise the use of a device even if you have never seen it before. If you take an action to examine an unfamiliar mechanical device, you learn all of its properties, how to operate it and how much fuel it has, if any. You learn whether or not it is in working condition, how to repair it if it is broken, and how to sabotage it if it is working. You also learn where, when and by whom it was made.

Chewed Shot. When you reach 17th level, you develop techniques for modifying your bullets so that they inflict maximum damage. When you make an attack with a firearm against a creature that is not a construct or undead, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, it is a critical hit. If you have the Sharpshooter feat, you may use either or both on the same shot.
    Umm.... Yoink! Not only is this super awesome, it also seems to be very well balanced. I'm so stealing this one (with full credits to whom they belong to) for my post-apocalyptic high-tech low-magic fantasy setting! (With a minor adjustment though: Use Mechanical Device won't let my players learn where, when, and by whom the device was made, as most advanced tech was made hundreds of years ago and, well... records of such have no value really :P)
    Last edited by Arkhios; 2016-02-20 at 08:53 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    Don't look for an insult when there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon von Zilch View Post
    Words actually mean things, people!

Current Characters:
    Arkhios "Wolfhammer", V.Human Paladin (Ancients) 5 (Dawnfall: The Greendale Campaign)
    Anarriel, Valenar Fighter (Cavalier/TBD) 4 (Eberron: Embers of the Last War)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thank you, Ninja_Prawn, I give my permission.

Also, in case you hadn't seen this before on the blog...I'M A MOTHERF*&$#!N SHARRRRRK!

7. - Top - End - #127

Imp

I may have to steal this for my games. Steampunk is great.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Didn't you already get a primal path from Submortimer last year? We should dig that out.

And thank you Shining! Sometimes I go days without saying anything that isn't sarcastic... I even sent flowers with sarcastic messages to all my penpals this valentine's!

Edit: here they are.

SharkForce - Path of the Fin
    Easy_Lee - Way of the Relaxed Fist
    Ralanr - Path of Iron

You know, Submortimer probably deserves a subclass, too...
    Oh my god I completely forgot.

Submortimer should get a wizard subclass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    "Just because the DM lets you break the game, doesn't mean the game is broken."
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    "My Patron is Steven Spielberg"
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    For some reason this feels really fitting; I got a mental image of a bunch of psions setting up a LAN party.

9. - Top - End - #129

I'll only throw it our there that I'm a particular fan of Warlocks and Fighters, but I'll take whatever you all feel like throwing my way.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wartex1 View Post
    College of Grog, Booze, Hooch, Moonshine, Liquor, or the Hard Stuff
    Some Bards tell stories of battles, and many others fight through them. But not you. You make stories, the stuff of legends! Stuff that no sane man would ever dare to do! That is, no sane man who hasn't drank himself halfway into being comatose. Good thing is, that's you, so thank College Founder Iris Muskahn for your condition.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Proficiencies
    Upon joining the College of Beer, you gain proficiency in medium armor and unarmed combat, in addition to one skill of your choice.
    This is fine I think....added unarmed combat to the proficiencies because I couldn't remember if that is always proficient for everyone.
    Boosted Charisma
    In addition, when you join the College of Scotch, you suffer no adverse effects from any kind of alcoholic beverage due to your extensive experience with the drink, and have resistance to poison At level 10 you are immune to poisons. Also stemming from your experience as a drunkard, while drunk, you may expend one usage of your Bardic Inspiration to add the bonus die to a singular ability check, attack, or saving throw you make.
    Just added the poison step up resistance and immunity. Also added the attack to the BI, since it has it in the book that way.
    Drunk Boxing
    Once you reach 6th level in the College of Bourbon, while under the effects of alcohol, whenever you attack or are made the target of an attack, you may use your reaction to expend one use of your Bardic Inspiration to add to your attack roll (if attacking) or AC (if being attacked). In addition, when you are inebriated, you may add your Proficiency Bonus to your Unarmed Strike damage. And you unarmed damage uses d6's, and become magical for purposes of resistance. At level 11 these become d8's. And at level 17 they become d10's. Use may use Dexterity as you primary ability for these attacks, while drunk.
    Added this as kind of a "smack them around like a monk" kind of thing. Since it is Drunken Boxing. Not sure if this is getting to be too much all in one go, but it gives it some more mechanical use, I think. Opinions?
    Slurred Spellcasting
    Reaching the pinnacle of alcoholic potential in the College of Whiskey at 14th level, your spells sometimes come out a little strange. When you cast a spell with a Verbal component while under the influence, you may choose to roll on the Wild Magic table twice, causing the additional effect of your choice as well as the spell's normal effect. Additionally, when you cast a spell, you make also make an unarmed attack on your turn.
    Took out the twice to the Wild Magic table, and added a little Unarmed Strike in there, for the theme.
    Author's Notes: I'm not very good with Bard-ing, so this might be a little underwhelming. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it, so if someone thinks they can do better, go ahead.[/QUOTE]

Made a few changes, Wartex, to make it a little more mechanically stronger. Let me know what you think! I've bolded the changes, and anyone else's opinion is greatly appreciated. I am definitely no Homebrew expert. But strengthening the mechanics, while still keeping the RP aspect, really makes this an awesome build, Wartex. Now I have to use it!!

Cleaned up Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    College of Grog, Booze, Hooch, Moonshine, Liquor, or the Hard Stuff
    Some Bards tell stories of battles, and many others fight through them. But not you. You make stories, the stuff of legends! Stuff that no sane man would ever dare to do! That is, no sane man who hasn't drank himself halfway into being comatose. Good thing is, that's you, so thank College Founder Iris Muskahn for your condition.

by Wartex1

Bonus Proficiencies
    Upon joining the College of Beer, you gain proficiency in one skill of your choice. You unarmed combat damage becomes 1d4, and you may use Dexterity as you primary ability for these attacks, while drunk. Also, While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + Half your proficiency modifier rounded up

Boosted Charisma
    In addition, when you join the College of Scotch, you suffer no adverse effects from any kind of alcoholic beverage due to your extensive experience with the drink, and have resistance to poison At level 10 you are immune to poisons. Also stemming from your experience as a drunkard, while drunk, you may expend one usage of your Bardic Inspiration to add the bonus die to a singular ability check, attack, or saving throw you make.

Drunk Boxing
    Once you reach 6th level in the College of Bourbon, while under the effects of alcohol, whenever you attack or are made the target of an attack, you may use your bonus action/reaction to expend one use of your Bardic Inspiration to add to your attack roll (if attacking) or AC (if being attacked). In addition, when you are inebriated, you may add your Proficiency Bonus to your Unarmed Strike damage. And your unarmed damage uses d6's, and become magical for purposes of resistance.. At level 11 these become d8's. And at level 17 they become d10's.

Slurred Spellcasting
    Reaching the pinnacle of alcoholic potential in the College of Whiskey at 14th level, your spells sometimes come out a little strange. When you cast a spell with a Verbal component while under the influence, you may choose to roll on the Wild Magic table, causing the additional effect of your choice as well as the spell's normal effect. Additionally, when you cast a spell, you make also make an unarmed attack on your turn.

edit: After doing some playtesting and character building, having the medium armor prof didn't seem to do well. Instead, I thought, since it is a melee heavy sub-class, they could have a "natural-armor" type of thing. Giving them full ability bonuses seemed too strong (like monk or barb), but giving them a dex mod + half prof rounded up seemed like a good compromise to keep up with combat in later levels and still be fair overall.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2016-07-28 at 10:13 AM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

11. - Top - End - #131

Daemon

Everyone has unarmed proficiency by default, so I didn't add that. I also had adding Inspiration to Attack Rolls as part of the level 10 feature.

The edits look fine though.
    DMs only roll dice for the sound they make

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

I've seen him around a fair bit.

And that avatar deserves a class all on its own!

Edit: MaxWilson should definitely have an ability that forces you to have 6-8 encounters every day. Or gives you a bonus at the start of your 8th encounter. Or am I getting confused with Malifice?
    You're getting me confused with Malifice. MaxWilson thinks the "6-8 Medium/Hard encounters per day" meme is flat-out wrong* and doesn't even match DMG guidelines, if you do the math for adventuring days. 5-6 Medium/Hard encounters per day does tend to fit into the adventuring day budget, but even that tends to be boring.

In my opinion, even triple-Deadly encounters tend to be on the easy side once you account for Combat As War play. Intelligent enemies who don't have quadruple-Deadly or greater on their side ought to just fold or flee instead of fighting. Here's an example thread from me illustrating the difficulty using multiple fire giants as an example: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...60#post6828660

* It's an artifact of early versions of the Basic Rules. In 0.1 of 5E Basic, difficulty levels were set using ceilings, not thresholds, so what today is a Medium encounter was Hard back then. Sometime between 0.1 and 0.3/the DMG, ceilings changed to thresholds, but the math for encounter budgets + adventuring days didn't change. Kobold.com eventually updated its code for calculating difficulty, but the "6-8 Medium/Hard encounters per day" blurb in the Basic Rules/DMG was not updated, so now that blurb is just wrong. It should be 6-8 Easy/Medium encounters now, according to the math. But 6-8 Easy/Medium encounters are unbearably tedious. I'd rather have 1-3 uber-Deadly encounters and call it good.
    Last edited by MaxWilson; 2016-02-20 at 01:03 PM.
    Purple text = personal judgment which I don't expect you necessarily to share. YMMV.

Everything on the Internet is opinion but purple text is my way of highlighting that I am not interested in persuading you to share mine.

This is the Most Important Video You've Never Seen About 5E Design. 5E designers Mike Mearls and Rodney Thompson tell you how game design was done, how classes were balanced against each other, etc.

Why Mark of Storms Warlocks Are Better Tanks Than Most Fighters

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
    You're getting me confused with Malifice.
    Sorry about that. Your names both start with the same two letters and you both have strong feelings about encounter budgeting, so you're basically one person in my head.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone has unarmed proficiency by default, so I didn't add that. I also had adding Inspiration to Attack Rolls as part of the level 10 feature.

The edits look fine though.
    Ok, I thought everyone did...I just didn't remember at the time.

And BI always adds to a check, attack, or save whenever you grant it to someone....why I just added it there.

Awesome! I'm glad you like it, and I am happy that you made it to begin with! Now I need to go find a game where I can use this!!
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry about that. Your names both start with the same two letters and you both have strong feelings about encounter budgeting, so you're basically one person in my head.
    Hahaha. Dibs on Jekyll.
    Purple text = personal judgment which I don't expect you necessarily to share. YMMV.

Everything on the Internet is opinion but purple text is my way of highlighting that I am not interested in persuading you to share mine.

This is the Most Important Video You've Never Seen About 5E Design. 5E designers Mike Mearls and Rodney Thompson tell you how game design was done, how classes were balanced against each other, etc.

Why Mark of Storms Warlocks Are Better Tanks Than Most Fighters

16. - Top - End - #136
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
    Hahaha. Dibs on Jekyll.
    Sorry, dude, you're the one who argues that intelligent enemies would ...

Hyde ...

rather than fight a part of PCs.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

This feels kinda awkward considering I don't post very often anymore, but...

Does anyone have any strong enough ideas about me to make anything? :P
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    This feels kinda awkward considering I don't post very often anymore, but...

Does anyone have any strong enough ideas about me to make anything? :P
    What kind of things do you like?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

What kind of things do you like?
    artificer who can cast spells and don't suck as pathfinder clones( thinker and its counter parts), warlock class generally and your dragon fire adept class

20. - Top - End - #140
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    artificer who can cast spells and don't suck as pathfinder clones( thinker and its counter parts), warlock class generally and your dragon fire adept class
    Then go post in it! Let me know how to make it better! :P
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Then go post in it! Let me know how to make it better! :P
    I am not an expert but dragon fire adept looks good only thing I add is way more dakka like 20d6 on 20th level instead of yours 4d6 so take it with grain of salt plus its already done to perfection only think it needs is some prc to pach with other classes like draconium's dragon flame dancer so no comment

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Warning: MaxWilson hates class bloat and would NOT allow this subclass at his table. However he was kind enough to give me permission to post this.

S.W.A.T. D(R)EAD SERGEANT

A fighter archtype for MaxWilson

Your in depth knowledge of the PHB and your underlying powergaming nature combined with a (basic?) knowledge of mathematics and with a kean insight, are mightier than the sword.
    You have realised that true power does not come from 9th level spells or try-hard combos. And you know that crunching some numbers is not enough by itself. So you let others argue about complex multiclassed builds and character optimization, or about wish-simmulacrum and other shenanigans of this sort. Because you know better than that. You understand that true power derrives from teamwork, action economy, and party optimization.

Why a fighter then? Well, frankly, because anything with spellcasting would make things too easy and SWAT dread sergeants always enjoy a good challenge.

Undead withered nose
    Enjoying a good challenge comes with inherent danger, thus you have a good nose for contingencies. You know that however well prepared one is, there are always going to be weaknesses and flaws in one's tactics. This thought has driven you paranoid enough, to always try and prepare contingencies for your contingencies.
    Beginning when you choose this archtype at 3rd level, whenever you start your turn being unconscious, you can forgo rolling a death saving throw and instead you choose to regain 1 hp and stand back on your feet. Your turn then ends, and you can take no reactions until your next turn. You also suffer a level of exhaustion each time you use this ability. You can use this ability a number of times per long rest equal to your charisma modifier.
    Additionally, you gain the chill touch and spare the dying cantrips.

Voice of reason

Fights are not won only by swinging swords and hurling spells. Some fights can be won without even taking place at all. Logical deduction, rational thinking and unflappable reasoning can win you arguments, fights and allies.
    Starting at 3rd level, you roll your persuasion checks with advantage, as long as you are are not purposely lying or omitting any facts. This feature does not work against anyone with cleric levels, or if a cleric is arguing against you. It is a sad fact, but clerics aggravate you and make you lose your cool and smooth talking.

Undead withered hand
    Teamwork always wins the day! This might be just a punchline for others, but for you, it is the backbone of your combat tactics and of a life spent perfecting it.
    Starting at 7th level, you can use your bonus action to take the help action. You can affect in this way a number of allies up to your charisma modifier.
    Additionally, you gain the mage hand cantrip.

Unfaithful Resilience
    It is a well known fact that you dont get on well with clerics. Maybe rightly so, as they overcharge for their services. Or maybe because you had some bad experiences with narrow-minded clerics of Kelemvor or of a similar faith in that respect. The fact is, that you perform at your best when no clerics are nearby.
    Starting at 10th level, once per long rest, you can use your action to perform your signature battlecry: ''CLERICS ARE OVERRAAAAAAATED!!!!!!''. For the following 2 minutes, you can use your bonus action to grant temporary hit points to an ally of yours that is within 30 feet of you. The amount of temporary hit points granted by this power, is equal to 2d6 plus your charisma modifier. This amount is reduced to 1/2 (rounded down), if someone with cleric levels is within 10 feet of the beneficiary of this power. You must be able to speak loudly in order to activate this power, and your shouting is audible up to a distance of 2d6x50 feet.
    Additionaly, the undead-like features manifested in your hand and nose become even more profound once you reach this level, and starting at this level, you are fair game for any cleric ability or spell that targets undead. Hey, there had to be a mechanical reason to justify your hatred towards clerics afterall.

S.W.A.T. tactics
    You know better than anyone that there are a number of factors other than brute force or incredible durability, that can determine the outcome of a fight. You value a stealthy approach and visibility conditions above all else. Once per long rest, given enough time, you can prepare and talk to your team about how to engage an encounter.
    Starting at 15th level, you gain proficiency in the stealth skill. Moreover, once per long rest, you can cast the darkvision spell as a ritual. When you do so, you can select a number of creatures up to your charisma modifier to gain the benefits of the darkvision spell. Every beneficiary must be within 30 feet of you for the duration of the ritual casting. A creature who already has darkvision and is affected by this casting, gains the ability to see through magical darkness as well, and the range of its darkvision is doubled.
    Additionally, you gain the dancing lights cantrip. For those long range patient sniper fights in the dark...

Miniomancy
    You know that power lies in numbers. Not necessarily in arbitrarily large numbers, but you know that a handful of well trained individuals with the right synergy, can take down almost anything.
    Starting at 18th level, during your turn you can choose to forgo your action, to allow allies within 30 feet of you to take an action. The allies affected by this power must spend their reaction to do so, and that action can be used to dash, disengage, hide, use an object, take the attack action, or cast a cantrip. You can affect a number of allies with this power, up to your charisma modifier, or up to the number of attacks you can make when taking the attack action, whichever is lower.
    Last edited by Corran; 2016-02-20 at 10:33 PM.
    Hacks!

23. - Top - End - #143

SamuraiGuy

For khadgar567:

The Draconic Patron

While some fools seek out inscrutable beings of alien origin, creatures damned to outer planes, or forces of nature, you prefer a patron whose power is real, observable, and undeniable: an ancient dragon.

Expanded spell list

Your patron lets you choose from an extended list of spells. Lists are provided for the red and the gold dragon. Other lesser dragons might provide different spells, but why would a Warlock want a patron of lesser power?

Level Gold Red
    1 Cure Wounds, Fog Cloud Burning Hands, Hail of Thorns
    2 Calm Emotions, Web Heat Metal, Pyrotechnics
    3 Blinding Smite, Fireball Fireball, Flame Arrows
    4 Greater Invisibility, Polymorph Fire Shield, Wall of Fire
    5 Banishing Smite, Hold Monster Cloudkill, Flame Strike

Dragon Breath

Starting at level 1, you gain the ability to breathe fire like your draconic patron. Again, different types of dragon might grant a different breath weapon, but why would you want a lesser patron?
    At first level, you breathe a 15' cone doing 1D6 + charisma modifier fire damage. At sixth level, the cone increases to 20', and the damage to 2d6 + charisma modifier fire damage. At 12th level, 25' and 3d6 +charisma modifier fire damage; and at 17th level, a 30' cone doing 4d6 + charisma modifier fire damage. Once you use this ability, you cannot use it again until it recharges; it will recharge on a roll of 6 on a six sided die. You may roll to recharge your breath weapon at the end of your turn, but only if you did not use your breath weapon during your turn.

Draconic Vitality

Starting at level 6, if you begin your turn with fewer than half your hit points, you regain one hit point. At level 12, the amount you regain increases to 2 hit points. At level 17, the amount you regain increases to 3 hit points.

Draconic Hide

Starting at 10th level, at the end of a short or a long rest, you may choose to become resistant to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage. Magical weapons, and silver weapons, overcome this resistance. You also manifest visible scales all over your body while using this feature.

Presence of the Dragon

Starting at 14th level, you gain the ability to terrify your foes. Each creature of your choice that you can see within 60' must make a Wisdom saving throw at a DC equal to your spellcasting save DC or become frightened for one minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns; the fear ends on a success. If a creature succeeds on a saving throw or the effect ends for it, it becomes immune to this feature for 24 hours.
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2016-02-21 at 08:31 AM.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    For khadgar567:

The Draconic Patron

While some fools seek out inscrutable beings of alien origin, creatures damned to outer planes, or forces of nature, you prefer a patron whose power is real, observable, and undeniable: an ancient dragon.

Expanded spell list

Your patron lets you choose from an extended list of spells. Lists are provided for the red and the gold dragon. Other lesser dragons might provide different spells, but why would a Warlock want a patron of lesser power?

Level Gold Red
    1 Cure Wounds, Fog Cloud Burning Hands, Hail of Thorns
    2 Calm Emotions, Web Heat Metal, Pyrotechnics
    3 Blinding Smite, Fireball Fireball, Flame Arrows
    4 Greater Invisibility, Polymorph Fire Shield, Wall of Fire
    5 Banishing Smite, Hold Monster Cloudkill, Flame Strike

Dragon Breath

Starting at level 1, you gain the ability to breathe fire like your draconic patron. Again, different types of dragon might grant a different breath weapon, but why would you want a lesser patron?
    At first level, you breathe a 15' cone doing 1D6 + charisma modifier fire damage. At sixth level, the cone increases to 20', and the damage to 2d6 + charisma modifier fire damage. At 12th level, 25' and 3d6 +charisma modifier fire damage; and at 17th level, a 30' cone doing 4d6 + charisma modifier fire damage. Once you use this ability, you cannot use it again until it recharges; it will recharge on a roll of 6 on a six sided die. You may roll to recharge your breath weapon at the end of your turn, but only if you did not use your breath weapon during your turn.

Draconic Vitality

Starting at level 6, if you begin your turn with fewer than half your hit points, you regain one hit point. At level 12, the amount you regain increases to 2 hit points. At level 17, the amount you regain increases to 3 hit points.

Draconic Hide

Starting at 10th level, at the end of a short or a long rest, you may choose to become resistant to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage. Magical weapons, and silver weapons, overcome this resistance. You also manifest visible scales all over your body while using this feature.

Presence of the Dragon

Starting at 14th level, you gain the ability to terrify your foes. Each creature of your choice that you can see within 60' must make a Wisdom saving throw at a DC equal to your spellcasting save DC or become frightened for one minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns; the fear ends on a success. If a creature succeeds on a saving throw or the effect ends for it, it becomes immune to this feature for 24 hours.
    hell yes now I definitely need some way to make a triple agent warlock with three different warlock patrons and tree difterent pact boons

25. - Top - End - #145

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    hell yes now I definitely need some way to make a triple agent warlock with three different warlock patrons and tree difterent pact boons
    That's an interesting question; I'd treat you as multi-classed in 3 different classes, so your spell slots would be ... different. The multiclass rules don't list warlock under "Spell Slots" at all. I think I'd give you a number of slots equal to those of your highest level archetype plus 1 for each additional archetype. Same for spells known and cantrips known. The slot level, though, is that of your best archetype. I might have to say you have to keep the three archetypes roughly equal...

26. - Top - End - #146

Daemon

Um, who here doesn't have one made for them but has an idea that they want to see someone make for them?

27. - Top - End - #147

Imp

Um, who here doesn't have one made for them but has an idea that they want to see someone make for them?
    I though maybe a druid would be nice... Maybe something with an extraplanar theme?
    Last edited by Belac93; 2016-02-22 at 07:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I had vague thoughts of a wizard sub class, but I was mostly curious to see if anyone would come forward with one.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

29. - Top - End - #149

Daemon

Circle of the Elemental Planes
    Druids of the Circle of the Elemental Planes are quite academic like Wizards, focusing on the nature of the cosmos. However, they draw from the natural power of each Plane, safeguarding the connection with the Material Plane. Created by Archdruid Belac, the Circle will defend nature by ensuring the stability of its founding forces.

Elemental Cantrips
    When you join this Circle, you may learn 2 of the following cantrips: Create Bonfire, Mold Earth, Gust, and Shape Water. The basic fundamentals of each element are necessary for Druids of this Circle to understand.

Elemental Call
    In addition to Elemental Cantrips, you gain a particular ability to summon Mephits without spellcasting. By expending a single use of your Wildshape, you may conjure a single Mephit of any type to aid you. The Mephit will follow your orders directly to match your purpose and will stay for up to the duration of your Wildshape or until its Hit Points reach 0. The number of Mephits you can summon with this feature at a time is equal to your Druid Level divided by three, rounded down.

Elemental Adaptation
    When you reach 6th level, your understanding of the elements have grown to the degree that you are able to adapt to the elements present. You gain a swim speed and climbing speed equal to your land speed, you take no damage from non-magical fires, and you are not impeded by strong winds.

Elemental Power
    At 10th level, your understanding has increased the strength of elements you control. You may add your Proficiency Bonus to the damage dealt by any spell associated with one of the Four Elements, such as Fireball or Tsunami.

Elemental Swarm
    At 14th level, your understanding has further developed your communion with the Elemental Planes. Mephits conjured with your Elemental Call feature will actively protect you in battle. When you are targeted by an attack, any Mephit within 5 feet of you can use its reaction to redirect the attack towards itself. In addition, Mephits under your command gain a bonus to AC equal to the number of different kinds of Mephits you control, up to a bonus of +6.

Author's Notes: I was completely unsure of what I was doing as I made this. I feel like it may be a bit overpowered at early levels and at late levels, but sorta "meh" inbetween.

30. - Top - End - #150

DwarfClericGuy

I love the subclass made for me, but sadly there is no space left in my signature D:
    (I have like, exactly, 500 now)